Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The actress plays Portia as so giggly and silly, I can't take her seriously as a CoS. Running home because she has to tell Curtis immediately and in person? Is she 12?

well i mean to be fair... if good news happened to me i would want to run home and tell the people who mattered to me too. I don't think age matters here?  Sometimes good news and career accomplishments are better celebrated in person vs. on the phone 

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

how did Michael's snitch find out anyway since Martin didn't tell?

that's really the bigger question. Martin never mentioned the name [Couldn't] the SEC was pushing him and Martin mentioned it at the Metrocourt.  but unless the snitch knew to look at the MC video tapes etc, how did this even happen?  but whatever. 

• Like 7

The Pentonville exterior was so lame. And why aren't Cyrus and Laura in the fancy visiting area? Or is that only for Drew and Carly? You know that if Carly were visiting outside of regular hours she'd be shown to the VIP suite. Laura at least deserves that.

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:
30 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Cyrus wasn't wrong in what he said to Laura about Sonny.

what did he say?

That Laura never had a problem when Sonny gave away his dirty money, but somehow Cyrus's motives are suspect? And that Sonny and Cyrus were in the same business for a long time, and Sonny is treated with reverence and respect by people, but Cyrus is scum of the earth.

I see Curtis is still on the train to Pitytown. News flash, Curtis: Everyone has challenges in their daily lives. Deal with yours, you giant baby.

Ava's butler was awfully blasé about her not being home. "She never came home last night and there was a broken glass, but that could have been an accident. *shrug*"

21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And how old is Spinelli's equipment? His hideaway looked like something from an 80s spy movie.

LOL. It did! I hope his electrical system is up to snuff, even though the equipment is dated.

Die, Mason. DIE. He is so tiresome. Ava should stab him with her shoe.

38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really hate that Michael found out that it was Nina who called the SEC.

Ugh, yes. And since Martin didn't say who his client was, there's no way the SEC should know it was Nina. So stupid. TFGH.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, yes. And since Martin didn't say who his client was, there's no way the SEC should know it was Nina. So stupid. TFGH.

Seriously.

But at least now justice will be served and Nina will be sentenced to lethal injection.  

Sigh. How many times are we going to now have to hear the Carlys say it's Nina's fault that "Drew almost died," when, no, no it's not.  Nina didn't tell Drew to commit the crime, nor did she tell him to take a stupid deal to save Carly's ass.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

This show is full of convenient retcons. I don't know why I thought this would be different. 

This show is incredibly dumb. I'm not here for Nina being crucified for turning Carly and Drew in for doing what they did. And no, it's not her fault Drew took a beating in prison. He chose to plead guilty to save Carly. I so wish Jason would come back just to see her drop him faster than he can say her name.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That Laura never had a problem when Sonny gave away his dirty money, but somehow Cyrus's motives are suspect? And that Sonny and Cyrus were in the same business for a long time, and Sonny is treated with reverence and respect by people, but Cyrus is scum of the earth.

oh gold star for Cyrus. 

9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I so wish Jason would come back just to see her drop him faster than he can say her name.

I would probably die of laughter, and it would be worth it. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

well i mean to be fair... if good news happened to me i would want to run home and tell the people who mattered to me too. I don't think age matters here?  Sometimes good news and career accomplishments are better celebrated in person vs. on the phone

Yes. But I would have waited till the end of my work day and picked up something special for dinner and a bottle of champagne, maybe invited Trina and Stella over to celebrate, instead of immediately running home to tell him and then going back to work.

I can understand why she didn't tell Curtis about Trina but ironically that seems to have used up all her delayed gratification.

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I so wish Jason would come back just to see her drop him faster than he can say her name.

Unfortunately SBu is currently over on Days of Our Lives in an actually rootable relationship with Carly #2 Tamara Braun.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Unfortunately SBu is currently over on Days of Our Lives in an actually rootable relationship with Carly #2 Tamara Braun.

Jarly fans wet dream, but on another show?

Is SBu still scared of catching wimmin cooties?

• LOL 4

Well, well, well, the tension mounts. I too was surprised that gunfire didn't break out at the wedding, though I thought Michael's head was going to explode. Too bad it didn't. I missed the memo that put him in charge of everyone's business, as in who reported to the SEC, Nina's right to breathe air, Willow's relationship with her, etc. I expect his coronation will happen soon.

I also think that Portia acts too much like a teenager to be believable in her position, and running home midday to tell Curtis isn't an adult thing to do.  Stella seems to have some kind of death wish to treat Selina that way, doesn't she know Selina is a crime boss? Maybe that is why Felicia is going to be a patient advocate now, if Selina has Stella taken out!

What is Cyrus up to now?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, that old trick. Where the writers throw a bone to the audience by putting an inconvenient truth in a character's mouth, but the character is evil and/or biased, so all the other characters can dismiss it and it has no effect on the story or show at all. Laura is never going to seriously grapple with her hypocrisy over Sonny and neither is anyone else.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Cyrus is correct. It's absurd the way Sonny is admired and respected by otherwise normal, law abiding citizens, including the Mayor, law enforcement and the WSB. I guess Cyrus will be even more evil-er now and will have to end up dead or gone. I was hoping they might make him more of a gray character, since he is a good actor.  

OMG, CD's face when looking at Nina in those last few scenes. 🤣 I'm sure he was going for a glare of scorn, derision and hatred, but it was just his usual "ugh I just stepped in some dog poo" jaw grinding method acting. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

DOOL films 6 months ahead and I totally see him coming back (no spoilers, just a feeling).

It felt very weird to me that Joss and Dex were playing detectives and looking for Ava when it should’ve been… pretty much anyone else.

I watched a bit of the wedding and CW looked as always, fabulous, but I can’t stand MB being unshaven on such an occasion.

With the scenes of Cyrus leaving the jail (JK clean shaven, looking mighty fine) being juxtaposed with the wedding cake scenes, I thought for a minutes that the cake was poisoned. It could’ve taken out a number of people I can live without, including, yes I have no heart, the kids.

Now that would’ve shaken things up.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, Desperado said:

With the scenes of Cyrus leaving the jail (JK clean shaven, looking mighty fine) being juxtaposed with the wedding cake scenes, I thought for a minutes that the cake was poisoned. It could’ve taken out a number of people I can live without, including, yes I have no heart, the kids.

Now that would’ve shaken things up.

That it would, but there were so few people there already! I would not have wanted Nina or Christina to be poisoned, and Sonny and the kids maybe only half poisoned, but it was really too bad the cake didn't spell doom for Michael and Willow!  Also Willow must be in the privileged group to be able to jet off to Puerto Rico after being back at work for all of 10 minutes, all right.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Wow, property values in that residential neighborhood where Pentonville is located must be in the toilet.  Oh, show!

You know who should be looking into Ava's disappearance?  Dante.  Or Chase.  Or Mac.  Not the Block of Wood and Joss.  And then of course they've got to drag out Spinelli to pound on his keyboard and find out what happened.

Semi-shocked that Michael somehow contains himself from screaming "CRIMINAL!!!!!!!" in the middle of the cake-cutting, but I guess the head Carly needs to be informed so she can rip Nina's hair out at the roots. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Cyrus was spot on how mobster Sonny is treated. Laura forgot how her own hating of Luke and Sonny mob ties for all those years. 

The wedding was great, Sonny and Nina has been the only pairing of Sonny's I've liked since Brenda.  They fit well together, I hate Michael with his tantrum face in the corner for rest of wedding reception staring her down with that face. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

They fit well together, I hate Michael with his tantrum face in the corner for rest of wedding reception staring her down with that face. 

Didn't you just want Sonny to go over to Michael skulking in the corner staring daggers at Nina and slap him upside the head? A couple of times? I did.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Yes. But I would have waited till the end of my work day and picked up something special for dinner and a bottle of champagne, maybe invited Trina and Stella over to celebrate, instead of immediately running home to tell him and then going back to work.

yeah that could have worked. for sure - and nothing is stopping her to do that with Trina/Stella/Marshall after work

but I mean ultimately again i just don't think it's childish that she wanted to tell her husband and gush about it basically what equates to Portia taking a lunch break. again sometimes really happy news doesn't want to stay inside. [not to say  i don't agree with you about Brooke Kerr really  leaning into the squeally/giggly aspect of Portia's personality] - but I feel in this aspect "adult" is relative.  If it were me and I achieved something that big, I would want to rush home and do a julie andrews spin with my momlol (but then of course i don't drink and I hate big gatherings so that's more my wheelhouse anyway]

• Like 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I looked and couldn’t find any information, but was that Tom Cudahy* playing the judge who agreed to release Cyrus? 

*Erica Kane’s first? Second? Hubby on All My Children

IMDB says Richard Shoberg hasn’t been on TV since an episode of Blacklist in 2017. The judge character didn’t look like him to me, but a beard can throw things off and I haven’t caught any sightings of Richard in years

On 10/12/2023 at 4:29 PM, Sake614 said:

and Michael is actually smiling! And relaxed. or a relaxed as cd can get.

On 10/13/2023 at 2:52 PM, TVbitch said:

OMG, CD's face when looking at Nina in those last few scenes. 🤣

The juxtaposition of these sets of scenes was really amazing.  At one point, I was really close to enjoying a well-played “son happy for his father” scene then grumpy cat came to visit.

How did it just dawn on me that Michael and Willow are now both spouses and step-siblings?  

I wasn’t watching during Lois’ original run. RS looks amazing but I couldn’t help but hear Janice from Friends in the accent she’s using.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 10/13/2023 at 8:58 AM, ffwbe said:

I don’t think they can properly explain why Michael needed to find out who the whistleblower was. It’s not like anyone suspects Nina so what’s his reasoning? To retaliate against this person? Knowing who tipped the SEC off won’t make Drew’s conviction go away. It would only work if Carly/Drew were set up and they needed proof of that 

It makes sense to The Carlys because they’re a cult of malignant narcissists.

• Like 3
  • Applause 10
On 10/13/2023 at 1:19 PM, YaddaYadda said:

This show is full of convenient retcons. I don't know why I thought this would be different. 

This show is incredibly dumb. I'm not here for Nina being crucified for turning Carly and Drew in for doing what they did. And no, it's not her fault Drew took a beating in prison. He chose to plead guilty to save Carly. I so wish Jason would come back just to see her drop him faster than he can say her name.

The writing on the old SCTV soap parody ‘The Days of the Week’ was better.  

Here’s a link if anyone wants a chuckle.

Edited by Suicidy
Added link
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

I wasn’t watching during Lois’ original run. RS looks amazing but I couldn’t help but hear Janice from Friends in the accent she’s using.

Rena Sofer used the same Brooklyn accent when she first appeared as Lois. For me, it was like seeing her slip back into the role seamlessly, as I've seen in her in other stuff without the accent.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Of course Michael made Willow and Wiley come back to PC with him. Controlling ass.

Martin, please wipe the floor with Michael. What does that turd think he can do to Martin? Get his law license pulled? Martin did nothing wrong. Ugh.

Instead of asking Sasha about making friends in Austin, he should have asked her how she would be making money. I don't think her trust is as loaded as it used to be, after Gladys's gambling debts. And the guardianship hasn't ended, has it? So Sasha ostensibly doesn't have access to her trust anyway.

"There's no reason for Gladys Corbin to ever set foot in Port Charles again." Challenge accepted, Show! I give it a few months. (I know we've seen press that Gladys is dunzo.)

Does Sonny really need Carly's permission to bring Donna to the wedding? If the island is a part of Puerto Rico, it's not an international destination, so there's no risk of custodial interference. I get giving Carly a head's up, but "permission"? Sonny is Donna's father.

Josh Kelly was looking extremely clean-shaven today.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I hate Michael Corithos with the heat of a thousand suns.  I would rather watch Peter french kissing Franco than have to see that stupid smug look on stupid Michael's face.  

Martin should be disbarred.  Hell, alexis was disbarred for far less.  

Why did Willow and wylie need to return home just because Michael "had a meeting"?  They could have stayed and played on the beach for another day or so.  

Having said that it was kind of weird for Kristina to stay behind and hang out with SoNa who are essentially on their honeymoon!

Hey Sam, why is Carly telling you that your baby daddy is out of ICU?  Do you think maybe you can head over to the hospital and see the guy?  Talk about Carly completely taking over Drew's life.  

I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO CARLY SCREECHING AT NINA FOR THE NEXT 89987 MONTHS.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Of course Michael threatens Martin with Daddy. Ugh, Michael is such a wienie. Do your own dirty work, you stupid little shit.

Oh, Martin. You caved like a house of cards. I'm so disappointed in you. YOU DID NOTHING WRONG BY CALLING THE SEC.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, Martin. You caved like a house of cards. I'm so disappointed in you. YOU DID NOTHING WRONG BY CALLING THE SEC.

Reporting a crime IS the crime on this fucking show.  Ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

I think I may be heading to the barge too. Michael's smugness and his bullying Martin (who does he think he is, ordering Martin to his office?) was too much for me. I am not looking forward to Nina being castigated for yet another year. (I made the mistake of looking at GH twitter. Almost entirely people hoping that Nina gets ground into the muck.)

Martin, you are a louse. You broke attorney-client privilege for that weasel? Good match for Lucy though who is offering Sasha's job to other people without telling Sasha first that she's been fired.

Shut up Carly. You broke up with Sonny first, you don't get to say "it stinks" when he marries someone else.

Willow, that pudding cup you're giving Wylie is full of unhealthy ingredients. Make a chocolate pudding yourself or get your nanny to do it. Or the Quartermaine cook.

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Michael threatens Martin with Daddy. Ugh, Michael is such a wienie. Do your own dirty work, you stupid little shit.

That's typical SLS. Sonny is a terrible person for what he does, except when Michael wants to use him to threaten other people.

I like Josh Kelly's new look.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That's typical SLS. Sonny is a terrible person for what he does, except when Michael wants to use him to threaten other people.

While I can see that there might be some satisfaction (for whom? Michael? Carly?) in identifying the whistleblower and her lawyer, what's the gain? If Sonny decides to beat up Martin, that isn't going to get Drew out of jail any quicker. Also, if Sonny allows this news to impact his marriage to Nina, that would be a tragedy (haha!) but will have zero impact on Drew's time in prison. What Michael should be asking himself is "What is the goal here? What am I trying to achieve?" I'm guessing the main thing is that he'll feel superior and "right", even though he is neither. 

I would love for Sonny to say to Michael that this is interesting information, but he's not going to do anything about it; after all, Sonny himself caused Carly and Michael pain in the past, and everyone (pretty much) got over it. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

The goal is for the Carlys to be able to lord yet another thing over Nina, since feeling superior is the only thing those nimrods have going on right now.

Knowing this show, the mere fact that it was Nina who dropped the dime on Drew and Carly will mean he's immediately released from Pentonville. And then he'll be able to go to Nina and sadly shake his head at her betrayal, wondering what he'd done to deserve any of that after he'd been so nice and gentle with her.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Why did Willow and wylie need to return home just because Michael "had a meeting"?  They could have stayed and played on the beach for another day or so.  

Having said that it was kind of weird for Kristina to stay behind and hang out with SoNa who are essentially on their honeymoon.

Yes, also weird that she just ran into her crush on “Sonny’s island”.

I haven’t looked at spoilers but after months of Sasha torture porn the character just ups and leaves? All that for zero pay off? Sheesh.

I second everything said about Michael and Martin - spineless idjits both of them.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's barge time for me. I hate the Carlys too much for words.

3 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

I'm with you--I don't want to watch another Nina pile on

join me lovelies. I have cookies, cinnamon rolls, babka, and crystal light. 

I think I may be heading to the barge too.

i missed this. join me!! i'll fatten you up too :D

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

isn't it a good thing that Carly pushed Michael not to throw Sonny in jail, otherwise using Sonny to threaten people would lose all impact because you know, Sonny would be in jail. 

5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Can Nina sue for Martin breaking client confidentiality?

yes. but you know she won't. 

Good match for Lucy though who is offering Sasha's job to other people without telling Sasha first that she's been fired.

for what?

• Like 3

So once again, Sonny is evil and a horrible person until Michael needs to use him to threaten someone.  And no, Michael, no one PUSHED the Sec to go after your mother and Drew harder than normal. All Nina did was report a crime. How the SEC chose to handle it was entirely up to them. 

WTF Sam? You’re going to Carly to ask about Drew? And then to ask how SHE feels because Sona got married? And of course Drew doesn’t want scout to see him in the hospital. He also didn’t want her visiting him in prison. He’s barely spent any time with her since hooking up with Carly so I’m surprised he even remembers who she is.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Can SOMEONE PLEASE turn the tables on Michael and let Sonny find out how his "son" hired Dex to gather damaging information on him so he could be thrown in jail?  

Is it too much to ask that when Michael plays that tape, Sonny just shrugs and says "Well Carly is guilty of insider trading."  

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Michael needs every square millimeter of his ass brutally kicked.  That said, Martin should have form him a new one (in legal terms) and told him to fuck off.  No attorney would EVER buckle like that.  

and Nina didn’t harm Carly and Drew.  Carly and Drew harmed Carly and Drew.

The writing is getting dumber by the day.

• Like 12

Today is my day of not liking nearly everything, along with everyone else. Starting with Lucy. Her slobbering all over Blaze was uncomfortable to watch. It just seemed so desperate. I also dislike how neither of them talked to Sasha before they replaced her. Martin should be disbarred and sued. What a coward he is. The line holding the sword over Nina's head just broke, and she is in for it now. I dislike that .

I dislike that Carly works in a restaurant with her hair flowing freely.

Drew: I don't want Scout to see me in prison.

Drew: I don't want Scout to see me in the hospital.

Drew" Who's Scout?

I have skated way past dislike for Michael. What a little weasel. Of course Willow and Wiley had to come back when he did. Willow can't make move 1 without him. What a controlling little weasel.

I dislike that Sasha is leaving. I like her.

Blaze had a flimsy excuse for showing up in exactly the same place as Kristina, but it seemed a bit stalkerish to me. Also, about Sam, who stands in the middle of a restaurant with her arms open, so Carly had to run to her?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Wait, so now the story isn't just that Nina was the one who turned in Drew and Carly to the SEC, but that she "pressed for the investigation to go forward?"  And that the SEC wouldn't have cared about fucking insider trading with an outside force harassing them?  Oh, do fuck all the way off, show. 

Michael is a little shit.  Now, only months after he himself went to great, and shady, lengths to nail Sonny, he's actually like he's so righteous that anger would never lead him to do anything like what Nina did? 

And, wtf, Martin?  Can he get disbarred for violating client privilege?  Because, christ.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Wow Martin what a slime lawyer to turn in her because he's scared of Sonny.  Scott never would have.  Nina should have stuck with him. Great lawyer confidentiality. 

Michael used Sonny as a weapon. Martin knew Sonny loves Nina.  Why he'd just fold for Michael is gross.  

Michael thinks the SEC would have walked away from Carly because she didn't make money. Really stupid business logic.  

Martin shouldn't have let the twerp threaten him. 

At least Sasha realizes she is at partial fault for her choices.  Wouldn't mind her going. 

Of course Michael dragged  Willow and Wylie back with him couldn't even let the kid go to the beach. 

Blaze at Sonny's? WTH. 

Willow now thinking of family vacations with Nina? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
25 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Wait, so now the story isn't just that Nina was the one who turned in Drew and Carly to the SEC, but that she "pressed for the investigation to go forward?"  And that the SEC wouldn't have cared about fucking insider trading with an outside force harassing them?  Oh, do fuck all the way off, show. 

Michael is a little shit.  Now, only months after he himself went to great, and shady, lengths to nail Sonny, he's actually like he's so righteous that anger would never lead him to do anything like what Nina did? 

And, wtf, Martin?  Can he get disbarred for violating client privilege?  Because, christ.

Yes, at least in the real world.  Martin would almost certainly be disbarred.  Nina would also take him for everything he’s got in a civil suit as well.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Okay first, just to lighten the mood, as soon as Cody walked in, alls I could think was...

image.png.9dc978ac3b5c1c7a0694c4ab88586399.png

Also, he had more foundation and blush on than Sasha!

As for the horrors. Maybe, MAYBE there is a wee bit of hope that Michael will see how happy everyone is, and how it is GOOD FOR HIS WIFE to be getting to know her mother, and it is GOOD FOR HIS SON to love his grandma, and it is GOOD FOR HIS FATHER to be happy with his wife, and he will decide that it is more important to do what is best for them, than it is for him to be his usual petulant self-righteous mob-baby hypocrite ass. ... ... oh who am I kidding. 😒

• Like 4
  • Love 1