Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

apparently forgetting that Sam doesn’t have reproductive issues?!?  

That didn't bother me too much, as it's not as if Sam is actively trying to have another kid.

Kristina has always been a little thoughtless in how she phrases things.

• Like 2

The more I think about this whole SEC storyline, the less it makes sense. The SEC or whoever was willing to let Carly off the hook for a mere 6 months of Drew's time?  It seems like 6 months would be something you would offer to get a crack at the max term for someone else.  And while I've definitely heard of exchanging testimony against someone else getting off, is turning yourself in and offering to take a teeny tiny sentence so someone else doesn't get charged a thing?  I don't see why the govt needed to offer a deal at all.  They had a solid case.  They had a more solid case against Carly since she actually did the buying.  Drew could have been like "I didn't tell her.  Maybe Michael did." Now that would have made an interesting story considering how mama bear Carly gets about her kids.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Drew could have been like "I didn't tell her.  Maybe Michael did." Now that would have made an interesting story considering how mama bear Carly gets about her kids.  

He would never. Drewfuss thinks that Carly is a precious flower that needs to be protected from any slight wind.

Carly didn't get off scot free (that would be Michael). Carly has to pay a fine that is apparently hefty enough that Drew has to sell off Scout's heritage of Aurora to pay it.

Since Carly got the house in the divorce from Sonny, why doesn't she just sell it back to him with the stipulation that she can live there until Donna grows up and pay the fine with that? It's got to be worth at least $2 - 3 million.

Michael and Joss constantly saying "Sonny/Nina tore our family apart is a good example of 'if you say something enough times, you believe it to be true.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Sonny's probably going to pay the fine, since all Carly asked for in the "dee-vorce" was the house.  She should have received half of everything.

Funniest part is her only asking for the house was because she viewed herself as this independent woman who owned a hotel/my own money, blah de blah blah--and now she's going to let another man sell his daughter's inheritance to get her out of this supposed financial pickle she's in of her own making. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)

Ace coughing before entering the room with Esmé and interrupt Trina and Nick Spencer was hilarious.

Esmé looking to put the moves on Nick Spencer, was not.

So Ned’s new love interest will be… Nina? I can enjoy that drama.

I missed the scenes where Anna met with the new WSB Director, but I remember posters mentioning that FH was very emotional in them.

I watched her today and she, GF, and KW all had tears in their eyes. I’m hoping it’s not due to illness or being let go from the show. It was just… odd.

Edited by Desperado
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Michael: "[Carly's] willing to go to war for Drew."  Yes, everything except doing the jailtime herself.

Anna insists that Valentin spends his last night before going away with his daughter. Anna >>>>>>>Carly.

And yet, Anna's hair shirt is annoying. This talking of her needing to helo people, is she going to become the new Equalizer?

Esme and Spencer have an adult conversation about getting along wifh each together. How unusual for this show. 

Spencer and Trina telling Esme how to take care of her baby with bad parenting advice, not so good. I HATE Spencer and Trina plotting to take Ace away from his mother.

TA is back in 5" heels. Hats off to her for managing it so well.

Spencer to Trina: Do you want advice or do you want me to just listen?  😍

Eddie tells Michael not to let work consume him. 😂😂😂😂😂

Chase and Michael: Ned's all right now that he has had a drink of water. (What medical school did you two attend?)

Robert/Diane is awful. So, so awful. Please end the teasing. I do like her dress though.

On 6/25/2023 at 2:30 PM, Daisy said:

to expand on the maurice thing - from what i've heard on twitter etc, Mo was hinting at retiring for a while now and he was tired of Sonny the Mobster.

So hopefully we never get Carly/Sonny again. Unless he dies in her arms to feed the CarSon fans.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
40 minutes ago, Desperado said:

with Esmé and interrupt Trina and Nick was hilarious.

Esmé looking to put the moves on Nick, was not.

You meant Spencer, yes?

40 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I missed the scenes where Anna met with the new WSB Director

No one saw it.  It wasn't onscreen.  

• Like 2

"Just the person I've been looking for!" I half-expected Nina to audibly gulp. Sometimes CW overplays those kinds of moments. Though Eddie picked a good person to go up to, since Nina has experience with amnesiac men, heh.

I'm pretty sure a paper certificate printed off the internet isn't how an organization like the WSB gives its agents special citations.

"You lost him?!" Shut up, Olivia. Ned isn't Michael, Nina, or Sonny's responsibility. Ugh. Maybe if you hadn't ignored Nina's calls in the first place you'd have gotten to the Savoy a bit earlier. And of course she can't let well enough alone and has to try to talk Ned into remembering who he is. In some ways, amnesia is the best thing that ever happened to Ned.

I LOLed when Sonny said he was sure Ned wasn't faking. 

Am I supposed to feel sorry for Trina? I don't. Spencer wanting to help with the giant cute baby has foreseeable consequences, and an evening getting cut short is one of them.

• Like 9

How many more times do we have to say this….it doesn’t matter if Ned remembers or doesn’t remember or if he did or did not turn in Drew and Carly…..THEY ARE GUILTY….just finding out who actually turned in the tip WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.  Or at least in common sense world it wouldn’t. So annoying.

I’m still really not getting all this Anna angst.  It’s common knowledge she was a double agent…isn’t it?  Why is she getting so crazy over this?

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

You meant Spencer, yes?

Gosh, yes. Wrote it twice too. 😂 Maybe it’s my subconscious saying out loud that these should be scenes with Nick, not Spencer.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
9 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I’m still really not getting all this Anna angst.  It’s common knowledge she was a double agent…isn’t it?  Why is she getting so crazy over this?

The only thing I can figure is that now all the gory details are splashed over the pages of that rag The Sun for everyone to read about. 

Wallowing in self-pity isn't going to help her find her next path in life. But I guess going to Chechnya is how they're writing out FH for her vacation?

• Useful 2

Ugh Olivia is such a hag.  Of course she had to bitch about Nina calling her.  Nina is so much nicer than I would ever be to any of these awful people.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The only thing I can figure is that now all the gory details are splashed over the pages of that rag The Sun for everyone to read about. 

Yes, you’re probably right but I’m sure even without knowing details people probably knew she was doing shady shit so it’s just a bit much.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

How many more times do we have to say this….it doesn’t matter if Ned remembers or doesn’t remember or if he did or did not turn in Drew and Carly…..THEY ARE GUILTY….just finding out who actually turned in the tip WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.  Or at least in common sense world it wouldn’t. So annoying.

It's not like the judge is going to overturn Drew's sentence or Carly's fine because they find out that Nina was the whistleblower. 

Ah, ok, you were turned in by someone who doesn't like you, so lemme give you a get out of jail card.

This show is choke full of fuckery.

Olivia is clutching her pearls so hard that it's wonder she can breathe still.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 6
  • Applause 6

I may be alone in this too but I understand Trina’s frustration. She is 20-years old. She’s young. She has no kids. Her boyfriend has no kids either but has voluntarily stepped in as a second parent to his sibling. He is essentially co-parenting with a woman Trina has no reason to like. Parenting is a 24/7 thing. She might not have thought about what co-parenting truly means until recently when she’s seen it playing out. She wanted a night with Spencer but it kept getting interrupted by Esme who seemed quite jealous. I totally get her. In all honesty, I would be rethinking my relationship with Spencer too. He’s moved into the adult world. Trina’s not quite there yet. I maintain Esme has been ruined with this baby, and today was just more proof of how she doesn’t fit in with the other YAs. 

I liked all the Eddie Maine stuff. I’m happy for this plot to play out for a minute. Olivia doesn’t treat Ned well at all. Maybe after this, she’ll appreciate him more! 

• Like 18
2 hours ago, Desperado said:

Ace coughing before entering the room with Esmé and interrupt Trina and Nick Spencer was hilarious.

Ace was as adorable as ever, even the cough

Does Robert really not get how to relate to a woman or how one doesn’t want to be part of a triangle or at least not be the default choice? Diane totally nailed what she’s mad about and Robert is looking clueless. He’s been married twice and had several girlfriends in his life; he should have handled this triangle better

• Like 5
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Does Robert really not get how to relate to a woman or how one doesn’t want to be part of a triangle or at least not be the default choice? Diane totally nailed what she’s mad about and Robert is looking clueless. He’s been married twice and had several girlfriends in his life; he should have handled this triangle better

He really is being obtuse, and it's exasperating. I don't want Robert and Diane to be a couple, so I'm happy they're apart, but it would be nice if Robert weren't such a dope. Diane spelled it out to him and he's still all, "Whuh?"

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I liked all the Eddie Maine stuff. I’m happy for this plot to play out for a minute. Olivia doesn’t treat Ned well at all. Maybe after this, she’ll appreciate him more! 

or Nina ends up with Eddie, he remembers being Ned still decide he love Nina,  and She becomes a Q - pissing off Olivia AND Michael AND Willow. #winning

• Like 6
  • Applause 12
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

or Nina ends up with Eddie, he remembers being Ned still decide he love Nina,  and She becomes a Q - pissing off Olivia AND Michael AND Willow. #winning

I could get behind that story. Then Nina can ban ALL the Carlys from the Q mansion 🤣

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

GH is already so absurd, I think it would be hilarious if Nina fell into a thing with Eddie. (Hide your amnesiacs, ladies!) Or maybe Esme could have a May/December thing with Eddie and they could become an amnesiac supercouple. 

Trina needs to move on from Cassadine mess. But girl, what is that sad plastic box of celery, cauliflower and cherry tomatoes you brought over to watch a movie with your boyfriend and call it "snacks". I would choose hanging out with Ace over that, too!   

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Katy M said:

The more I think about this whole SEC storyline, the less it makes sense. The SEC or whoever was willing to let Carly off the hook for a mere 6 months of Drew's time?  It seems like 6 months would be something you would offer to get a crack at the max term for someone else.  And while I've definitely heard of exchanging testimony against someone else getting off, is turning yourself in and offering to take a teeny tiny sentence so someone else doesn't get charged a thing?  I don't see why the govt needed to offer a deal at all.  They had a solid case.  They had a more solid case against Carly since she actually did the buying.  Drew could have been like "I didn't tell her.  Maybe Michael did." Now that would have made an interesting story considering how mama bear Carly gets about her kids.  

I think the thing that needs to be remembered about the SEC story is that the writers didn't even realize that they had crafted an insider trading story until after the audience pointed it out to them. They've just been making it up as they go ever since.

8 hours ago, Desperado said:

So Ned’s new love interest will be… Nina? I can enjoy that drama.

Nina's just going through life, picking up amnesiacs wherever she goes and making them fall for her. Now I need for Jason to return with new amnesia and fall in love with her. Carly would crap herself to death - which is the death she deserves.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Robert/Diane is awful. So, so awful. Please end the teasing. I do like her dress though.

Robert/Diane is one of the many, many, many stories that the show needs to just cull. Not only do they not have chemistry, there's just no room for this. It drives me crazy how there are all these micro plots that barely move forward from one month to the next because there's not actually time to tell all of these stories.

Olivia is such a useless character. She can go anytime with no value lost.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Steph J said:

I think the thing that needs to be remembered about the SEC story is that the writers didn't even realize that they had crafted an insider trading story until after the audience pointed it out to them.

I disagree with this. Ned pointed it out to them before the whole merger collapsed. And they had Michael and Drew telling Carly not to buy stock.

I think it's more we wrote it, what do we do with it. People pointing out the insider trading came when everyone looked like they were going to skate after committing a crime.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Steph J said:

It drives me crazy how there are all these micro plots that barely move forward from one month to the next because there's not actually time to tell all of these stories.

Just think of how much time/energy/resources have been used these past two years on a plot about a woman not approving of her ex-husband's (with five or six divorces between them) girlfriend along with the plot about grandchild visitation rights.  What a waste of screen time.  This slop is further enhanced by another plot of a 20 yr-old spoiled brat wanting to be a father - which is only watchable because of a real cute baby/toddler.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I’m finding whatever is going on with Esme/Spencer/Trina to be a bad retread of Robin/Carly/Jason, which was a SL I detested because of how obvious Carly was being and how Jason was dismissive of Robin. The best SL they had for a group of 20 year olds is a baby? Add in that they can’t decide whether Esme resents Spencer’s interference in their lives or has slotted him in to the role of baby’s father/her partner and is trying to drive Trina away, which was clearly happening yesterday. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I disagree with this. Ned pointed it out to them before the whole merger collapsed. And they had Michael and Drew telling Carly not to buy stock.

I dunno, I remember the scene after Carly bought the stock. Ned told Drew and Michael they'd committed insider trading, and both looked absolutely gobsmacked. Therein followed Drew's visit to Alexis wherein she told him "Yeah, pinhead, that's the textbook definition of insider trading."

Yeah, these two, real hotshot businessmen. Neither one of them has a scintilla of the business sense of the real* Qs.

*Those who are Qs all the time and don't just use the name for jobs, money, and lodgings.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

IIRC, Drew and Michael didn’t want Carly to buy the stock because they were worried she would lose money, not because of insider trading. Carly thought it was a guaranteed payout because her kid is such an awesome businessman but they weren’t as convinced in the plan. 

• Like 4

They need to hit the gas on the Esme story FAST.  They are really messing up and she's a very good actress, but not with this silly stuff.  They need to show she has her memories back and is hiding that fact.  Then let the games begin.  This nonsense they are showing is a huge fail. 

• Like 18
  • Love 2

I'd like to see a little resentment from Esme at being saddled with a baby at a young age.  Seeing Trina out, doing what she wants, while Esme is heating up bottles and trying to get Ace to sleep.

• Like 9

Valentin offering to stay to help protect Anna was probably supposed to be seen as super romantic but I thought it was cheesy. It’s partly because him offering to tag along with Laura makes no sense in the first place. He’s not close to Laura, didn’t get along with Nikolas and who is supposed to watch Charlotte with all 3 of them gone? Valentin’s already been away from Charlotte more often than not since Lulu went into a coma. 

Joss:  “I’m saying that sometimes the system needs a little help to get justice”. Funny how that applies to people who do her and her loved ones wrong but not when her mom and boyfriend break the law. 

LLC is still overacting and Olivia is the one pushing Ned/Eddie away the most. The rest of the family is keeping their distance and not constantly freaking out on him. Did they mention why he’s at Sonny’s? This is such a dumb pp to force him around Nina. There wasn’t a single other place he could stay? I get not staying at the Qs but he can afford a hotel room.

Esme certainly enjoys spying on other’s convos.

• Like 9

“That was brutal.” Yes Eddie, it certainly was. 😝 How about Olivia goes out of town, instead of you?

Interesting that they showed a picture of Lois…

JE has to be wearing her own clothes because that red 2-piece top thing was fabulous.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Jocelyn, how about you don't stick your nose in the Esme business and scream crime when you've been adamant that your dumbass mother and her equally stupid boyfriend have committed no crime.

Take a seat and STFU.

Writers, this is why some of us despise these characters.

I tuned out after that. This show makes it hard to like myself. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

I know I'm supposed to feel sorry for Olivia, but she's relentless in the worst way.

Super unnecessary for Lucy to anvil that Spencer and Esmé might fall for each other while being alone and caring for the giant cute baby.

Poor Tracy, stuck in this dumb Deceptor story.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Also, the preview for tomorrow is an absolute dumpster fire with Drew telling Sam that they need to figure out how to tell Scout.

What does Sam have to do with you being a complete brain dead moron? Dude, no one told you to plead guilty. You should be figuring out how to tell your kid that you're going to jail for 6 years.

Don't forget to tell her that you're going to sell her birthright while you're at it.

Too dumb to live. I swear, this show has no clue how to create drama. This isn't drama, this is fuckery.

• Like 5
  • Fire 6
  • Applause 8
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

who is supposed to watch Charlotte with all 3 of them gone?

I;m pretty sure Charlotte is raising herself at this point.  She's supposed to be living with Laura and yet everytime we see SpEsme in that house, there is no mention of charlotte.  I don't know why they don't just throw us a line that she's living with Dante.  

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Did they mention why he’s at Sonny’s?

Sonny offered and the others wanted someone to keep Ned in their sights so he doesn't take off on them.  

Things I didn't understand from today:

Nina:  SONNY, NED TOOK OFF .  Oh, no, Dex has him.  

Me:  HUH?  Was there supposed to be some time difference there because Ned was"missing' for literally one minute.  

How does a baggy of hair prove that Mason found it on Nik's body?  How would Mason even prove that Nik is dead?  And if he did, he'd be implicating himself since he took the body.  This writing is so stupid, it hurts my feelings

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, the preview for tomorrow is an absolute dumpster fire with Drew telling Sam that they need to figure out how to tell Scout.

What does Sam have to do with you being a complete brain dead moron? Dude, no one told you to plead guilty. You should be figuring out how to tell your kid that you're going to jail for 6 years.

Don't forget to tell her that you're going to sell her birthright while you're at it.

Too dumb to live. I swear, this show has no clue how to create drama. This isn't drama, this is fuckery.

I cringed when I saw that too. We know she won’t but Sam should either tell him that he should tell her himself or take him out of the equation entirely and say she’ll deal with it since he said Scout barely sees him and wouldn’t miss him anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
19 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

We know she won’t but Sam should either tell him that he should tell her himself or take him out of the equation entirely and say she’ll deal with it since he said Scout barely sees him and wouldn’t miss him anyway. 

Well the other day she did tell him that she wasn’t going to make this easy for him and he needed to own his shit basically so here’s hoping she will stick to it.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3

GH tried to pull a funny. Miguel's living the crazy life.

I don't really get how this Eddie thing works.  Would he know Lois or Brenda.  Would he have recognized it if Sonny had said L&B records.  

Esme kind of made me smile when she asked Spenser and trina if she could watch a movie with them and then said just kidding.  And, I think trina was supposed to be annoyed with Esme that she kept bothering them, but it kind of read like she was annoyed with Ace.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Desperado said:

Interesting that they showed a picture of Lois…

Geez GH I am trying really hard to quit you and I tune in on a rainy day and you show me pictures of Eddie Main and Lois!!!  Are they bringing back Lois?  I hope Ned has a shower and shave soon. 

• Like 3

I liked that today there were lots of different stories playing out. Probably because I'm not interested in any of them so variety is good.

Ned recently had a traumatic brain injury so I can understand that they don't want him alone in a hotel room. But jeez, someone listen to Alexis and let him live in his safe fantasy. Someone other than Nina who wants him to stay amnesiac.

3 hours ago, Desperado said:

JE has to be wearing her own clothes because that red 2-piece top thing was fabulous.

She has such great style.

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Joss:  “I’m saying that sometimes the system needs a little help to get justice”. Funny how that applies to people who do her and her loved ones wrong but not when her mom and boyfriend break the law.

Hypocrisy is a fundamental part of being a Carly.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I;m pretty sure Charlotte is raising herself at this point.  She's supposed to be living with Laura and yet everytime we see SpEsme in that house, there is no mention of charlotte.  I don't know why they don't just throw us a line that she's living with Dante. 

That would be so easy and make sense.

I think that the writers have forgotten that Charlotte exists.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

How does a baggy of hair prove that Mason found it on Nik's body?  How would Mason even prove that Nik is dead?  And if he did, he'd be implicating himself since he took the body.  This writing is so stupid, it hurts my feelings

So, so stupid. And it really takes away any power kickass Ava has and anything interesting about Austin. Why should Ava know anything of Sonny's business ? Why should Mason's boss care? What makes Austin think that getting rid of Pilar would enable Ava to search Sonny's apartment?

And why would Mysterious Boss think that kidnapping Sonny's daughter is a good idea?

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Would he know Lois

He didn't recognize her in the photo today.  Which makes even less sense.  If he believes he's Eddie Maine, than he should have all of his memories of being Eddie Maine.      Is his memory bank completely empty except that he's obsessed with music and guitars?    So dumb.  

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think that the writers have forgotten that Charlotte exists.

And yet they haven't because the reason Valentin wasn't at yesterday's Anna pity party was because he was spending one last night with her before heading to Russia with Laura.  So if they can write that line, they are aware she still exists, yet where is she?  No mention of who she's staying with.  They have Martin and Lucy show up and claim they'll help SpEsme, two supposed young adults who should be able to take care of themselves, but Charlotte is wandering the streets of PC.  

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And it really takes away any power kickass Ava has

I don't care how much Kiki's death and Avery's birth has changed Ava into a milder form of herself, there is absolutely no way that she'd let Mason blackmail her like this.  She cracked Nik in the head for far less and she loved him.  Mason should already be dead.  

I need days of smart to balance out the stupid and these days I'm not getting it.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why should Ava know anything of Sonny's business ?

How many times does she have to tell Mason that she and Sonny aren't friends? And I know that Sonny is an idiot, but he's not so dumb he'd keep incriminating information about Pikeman lying around his apartment. Especially because he doesn't really have any idea who they are either. Ugh, this story is so stupid.

13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

They have Martin and Lucy show up and claim they'll help SpEsme, two supposed young adults who should be able to take care of themselves

Martin and Lucy aren't there so much to take care of Spencer and Esmé as to make sure they're working together to take care of the giant cute baby. And probably to be sure no one gets stabbed, heh.

For a minute there I thought Anna would be the backup person Laura was talking about.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For a minute there I thought Anna would be the backup person Laura was talking about.

I thought it was going to be Alexis.  Does Spencer even know who Lucy is?  

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I thought it was going to be Alexis.  Does Spencer even know who Lucy is?  

Alexis probably wouldn't be a good idea since she's Esme's boss.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's more we wrote it, what do we do with it. People pointing out the insider trading came when everyone looked like they were going to skate after committing a crime.

Going by recaps, the merger collapsed in June of 2022. Ned didn't accuse Carly/Drew/Michael of insider trading until October. As @ffwbe mentioned, Michael and Drew were trying to talk Carly out of what she was doing because they thought she might lose money, not because they realized she was committing a criminal act. In between June and October the story was all about how evil Nina took advantage of Carly's financial collapse by scooping up the hotel. I genuinely don't think the insider trading angle even occurred to the writers until viewers started harping about it.

Now let us all take a moment to reflect on the fact that this dumb story has been going on for over a damn year.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5