Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Nina only now after Ava badgered her about it realizes Willow won't forgive her? Nina was stupid, Carly's guilty but Nina willingly just ruined her dying daughters wedding over jealousy. Nina just proved Carly right and Willow too. 

Nina couldn't put her daughter she claims to care so much about or the grandchildren ahead of herself. 

Kristina and Joss over Dec they really should look into doing since obvious not love lost between to 2 ex step-sisters. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sam: Until death do you part. (Me: Die, die, die)

Sam's line was, "until death does you part".  WTH?  I thought KMo screwed up, until she said it twice.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I desperately want Nelle to show up alive and donate the bone marrow and take Wiley back and become Nina's favourite daughter and drive Willow to a crazytown breakdown. And then accuse Carly of attempted murder in the forest for good measure.

I've stopped recording and only watch here and there now, but I'd come back for this. 

And let's thrown in that Chase was in on her "death" to make it even more fun.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maxie has been far more concerned with giving Willow the perfect wedding

I am grateful for this site as my brain was prepared to descend into the realm of cognitive dissonance in order to endure yesterday's episode on Hulu.  Maxie scored an A+ on the flowers.

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava really is playing both sides of this insider trading thing.

She sure is.  I was prepared for gaslighting by FV but it appeared that Ava was not so honest about 'playing devil's advocate' with the woman who ripped the child from her womb.  Ava is off to seek adventure with Hyphen Holt so the town pariah can dine on crow with Curtis when Portia finds out that he has been dipping his toes in the mob scene.

If I hear the family name 'Spencer' one more time. . .   What a surprise it will be when Luke shows up.  The only person who could ever keep him in line was Aunt Ruby.  On the other hand, he is the only person the world that can throw a zinger or two at Carly without getting a look or snark thrown back at him.

• Like 3

In Willow’s vows (which they weren’t going to do but ended up doing anyway), did she say she had been alone most of her life and then along came Michael? With Chase sitting in the audience? Didn’t they live together for awhile? Rude.

• Like 14
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well you know, nothing existed before Michael and nothing exists after him. Willow is now Michael's wife. This is how she will be introduced henceforth.

Sam should have introduced them as: Mr. and Mrs. Corinthos, Michael and Ofmichael.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Sam's line was, "until death does you part".  WTH?  I thought KMo screwed up, until she said it twice.

I know, right?? That was actually painful to hear, and after the first time, NOBODY ON THE SET OR IN THE PRODUCTION BOOTH  KNEW IT WAS INCORRECT GRAMMAR? Ooof. Please kill me. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

In Willow’s vows (which they weren’t going to do but ended up doing anyway), did she say she had been alone most of her life and then along came Michael? With Chase sitting in the audience? Didn’t they live together for awhile? Rude.

Michael who came with family members that include 90% of the town. Chase came with just Finn and Violet.

• Love 1

I’m sure a lot of people (elsewhere) will have just loved this episode but, wow…that was just awful.  Between the propping of the Carlys and Olivia, I still can’t believe we didn’t fast forward all of those scenes.  I envisioned JE getting ready for the scene by reading this board and getting into character.

The scenes with Nina and Ava just set up Nina as Big Bad and Ava as her accomplice and foretell a lot more of smug/defiant Carly and Diane to come.  Whee.

The trope of Olivia and her pan of ziti/penne/lasagna can be retired any day now.  I guess she’ll break out the rosary beads now that the “Feds” have arrived.

I thought KeMo looked terrific, though Sam’s scenes with Dante and Sonny will always be icky knowing she’s slept with both father and son.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

These last two episodes were fucking gross. I fast forwarded through most of them (especially yesterday) and the propping of Carly, Michael and Willow was over the damn top. Even Ava was in on it. Ava!!!!!!!

Carly won't pay for her crimes this time, either, and Nina will be the evil-doer to out do all evil-doers. Carly doesn't pay a second thought to keeping Nina away from her two grandchildren, but Nina is supposed to feel bad that Carly's own actions may deprive her of spending time with Wiley and Amelia? And Sonny and Carly have this unbreakable bond of loyalty? The flames on the side of my face are red hot right now.

i may have to opt out for awhile. The coming hypocrisy of Michael trashing Nina for exposing his mother's crimes, all while he's been plotting and conspiring for months to put his father in prison, will be too much for me to take.

Please bring on the pathogen for these assholes, Victor.

• Like 6
  • Applause 10
  • Love 1

Maybe Dex's dim bulb will flash for a brief second and he'll realize he's guilty of at least covering up a murder and whatever other crimes he's committed since joining the organization and "I was working undercover to expose him" is not the get out of jail free card he and Michael seem to think it is. 

Also, Luke despised Carly and if there was a fire and Carly and Elizabeth were unconscious I have no doubt Luke would throw Liz onto his arthritic back and haul her out of there without a moment of "I can only save one! Who should it be?"  So Carly and her children are NOT Spencers and no amount of lip service is going to convince me otherwise. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
52 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

thought KeMo looked terrific, though Sam’s scenes with Dante and Sonny will always be icky knowing she’s slept with both father and son.

And uncle.

So I would like to know what was so funny in the background scene between MB and JE, because no way do the characters of Sonny and Tracy get along to merit that 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Carly won't pay for her crimes this time, either, and Nina will be the evil-doer to out do all evil-doers. Carly doesn't pay a second thought to keeping Nina away from her two grandchildren, but Nina is supposed to feel bad that Carly's own actions may deprive her of spending time with Wiley and Amelia?

You know Michael will be the one yelling the loudest about this, even as he actively tries to get Sonny locked up, thus depriving him time with his two minor children.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So, the Carly clan will be outraged by the fact that Carly's crime was reported, rather than that a crime was committed. 

Everyone will blame Ned. 

Michael and Carly will be under suspicion.

Now would be a great time for Nell to return from the dead and sue for custody of Wiley. ( Father under indictment, step-mother-aunt at death's door, paternal granny under indictment, and Sonny in trouble over Pikeman)

• Like 10

How I know that I’m not the target audience for this story is that I can’t fathom how Nina is the bad guy for wanting to turn someone in for a crime they committed. Especially since these same people couldn’t contain their excitement when Michael bribed an AG to have her charged with a fake crime.
Because it happened at Willow’s wedding lol? This is her third one in 3 years and twice to the same guy. If the situations were reversed and Carly had info on somebody she didn’t like, she wouldn’t have even hesitated to ensure they pay and wouldn’t give the slightest damn about who else was affected. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 10
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well you know, nothing existed before Michael and nothing exists after him. Willow is now Michael's wife. This is how she will be introduced henceforth.

You mean like those women who don't just take their husbands' last name but their first ones as well?  So she will always be Mrs. Michael Corinthos.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

I thought KeMo looked terrific

I could have done without the cut out on the dress.  It gave the dress an unattractive muffin-top look on a woman who is rail thin. 

sam-pink-cutout-dress.jpg.webp

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

You know Michael will be the one yelling the loudest about this, even as he actively tries to get Sonny locked up, thus depriving him time with his two minor children.  

Ever the family man, Michael will blame it all on Dex, assuming this thing ever happens. Ugh, Michael is a turd.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
18 hours ago, JMO said:

Did I miss something, or did they pretty much tell us Ned was going to sing, and then give us 5 seconds of WK playing the guitar?

I wondered if my recording skipped something. Maybe cut for time? Problem getting the music rights? If they weren't going to show the song, why even include that line? Very weird.

• Like 4

Haha! I had no idea that 1) The SEC would send agents (?) right away to investigate an anonymous report of insider trading. Silly me, I thought like most government actions, it would take some amount of investigation. Even the IRS doesn't show up at your doorstep. 2) If they were looking for Carly and Drew, why show up at the Q mansion? Why not Carly's house? I guess like all things involving the law in PC, the wheels of justice grind either very fast or verrrry slowly.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
19 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I had no idea that 1) The SEC would send agents (?) right away to investigate an anonymous report of insider trading.

I wonder if they're not acting on someone else's tip. They were reported by Martin and they showed up at the Q's doorstep the same day. That's record time for any governmental department. 

Willow has been threatening us with her death for months. Cancer does not move slower than the government.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Because it happened at Willow’s wedding lol? This is her third one in 3 years and twice to the same guy. If the situations were reversed and Carly had info on somebody she didn’t like, she wouldn’t have even hesitated to ensure they pay and wouldn’t give the slightest damn about who else was affected. 

Brenda with Sonny vs. Dante, Carly was all in on exposing Brenda's secret. 

47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Michael is a turd.

Michael is the amoeba on flies on turds. 

24 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Haha! I had no idea that 1) The SEC would send agents (?) right away to investigate an anonymous report of insider trading. Silly me, I thought like most government actions, it would take some amount of investigation. Even the IRS doesn't show up at your doorstep. 2) If they were looking for Carly and Drew, why show up at the Q mansion? Why not Carly's house? I guess like all things involving the law in PC, the wheels of justice grind either very fast or verrrry slowly.

that's the thing that just cracked me up. like I am pretty sure the SEC doesn't act like cops and send agents to your house like that. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that's the thing that just cracked me up. like I am pretty sure the SEC doesn't act like cops and send agents to your house like that. 

From an article online about insider trading:

Once the SEC has the basic facts on a possible securities violation, its Division of Enforcement launches a full investigation that is conducted privately. The SEC develops a case by interviewing witnesses, examining trading records and data, subpoenaing phone records, etc.

So, maybe someone was keeping an eye on Carly's trading way back when she was doing it, because it is hard to imagine that any kind of investigation would be done the same day.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

From an article online about insider trading:

Once the SEC has the basic facts on a possible securities violation, its Division of Enforcement launches a full investigation that is conducted privately. The SEC develops a case by interviewing witnesses, examining trading records and data, subpoenaing phone records, etc.

So, maybe someone was keeping an eye on Carly's trading way back when she was doing it, because it is hard to imagine that any kind of investigation would be done the same day.

ooohhhhh. that is a plot twist. I like this idea.
but then these are the writers that had Nina charged for Identity Theft so who knows 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If it moves this story along, I don't care how unrealistic the time table is.

Same but as the same time, I can’t deal with anymore Nina/Carly crap. This has been going on nonstop since early 2021 and I’ve long given up on finding their scenes together or about each other entertaining. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Yeah, I'd say there's zero chance of this happening.  The show is intent on making this Nina's fault and no one else's, including the idiots who committed the crimes.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The SEC has pictures of Carly/Drew hugging. What is the timeline here because I thought Nina just told Martin to contact the SEC. 

Diane just said it was caught on GH security cameras. They've been on this for a while if I had to bet.

Carly should be drop kicked into a jail cell for her attitude alone.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 8
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Diane just said it was caught on GH security cameras. They've been on this for a while if I had to bet.

Carly should be drop kicked into a jail cell for her attitude alone.

I hope that's true and for a change the writers didn't decide to put this all on Nina.

Carly could literally be caught stabbing someone to death and she'd give her bitchy face and "I did nothing wrong" attitude.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
42 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

because it is hard to imagine that any kind of investigation would be done the same day.

It's hard to imagine you can put together a wedding in one day, too.

14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Yeah, those SEC agents have a picture of Carly and Drew hugging. 

I thought the goodbye kiss outside at the Q's doorstep would be the one used.

• LOL 1

The SEC seems more interested in Drew than Carly, which is idiotic because I thought they always go after the person who did the insider trading and not the company person who provided them info. Shoot me now if they’re doing this so Drew can fall on his sword for Carly. 

• Like 6

They went to Greenland and no one thought to bring gloves? Drew and Curtis are stupid enough but I thought better of Laura and Valentin.

Dante to Joss: I know that you think Sonny did Carly and Michael wrong, maybe this is a way to right that.  (Dante, you idiot, Sonny did nothing wrong to Carly and Michael. Stop sucking up to the twits.)

Andre thinks that the Canadian military can get within striking distance?  He doesn't know geography either.

23 hours ago, rur said:

I didn't mind the use of the sonnet -- it truly is beautiful, IMO. But what bothered me was that Eden didn't know how to read a poem. She's a goddam actress, FFF! Read to the punctuation mark! Don't stop at the end of the line!!

I assumed that was deliberate saying it as Joss because you have to understand the lines to say them properly. But maybe I'm giving her too much credit. (If you like Shakespeare, you have to see Upstart Crow.)

49 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

You mean that Carly, arbiter of all, didn't know that there are security cameras at GH?

I'm afraid that it's going to be handwaved as looking back over old footage as Carly and Drew get off with no consequences.

46 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Carly and Diane are having a smug off so I can’t even enjoy those scenes. 

And Michael and Willow and Brook Lynn yelling at Ned. These people are just awful but the show acts like they're in the right.

This should have been good Find Out episode but the show refuses to play it honestly.

17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The SEC seems more interested in Drew than Carly, which is idiotic because I thought they always go after the person who did the insider trading and not the company person who provided them info.

It makes sense in that the person the position of having to keep confidences didn't keep them in order to make money. Carly would just have taken advantage of the situation, which is wrong but not as wrong IMO

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I absolutely hate this timeline where the Qs show loyalty to Carly first. This current iteration of the family is the worst and Tracy alone can’t save them. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

André showed up to help Anna and Holly. 

Yay! Now that he's more of a guest start, André has vastly improved as a character.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They went to Greenland and no one thought to bring gloves? Drew and Curtis are stupid enough but I thought better of Laura and Valentin.

Or hats!

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I absolutely hate this timeline where the Qs show loyalty to Carly first. This current iteration of the family is the worst and Tracy alone can’t save them. 

well the major problem is - the ones who wouldn't are all dead.
We need AJ's secret Children. STAT. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yay! Now that he's more of a guest start, André has vastly improved as a character.

And let's face it, the man is hot. 

The Carlys are per usual unbearable entitled tw*ts. 

When is Willow going to drop dead? Because seriously, drop dead, Mrs. Corinthos.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And let's face it, the man is hot. 

The Carlys are per usual unbearable entitled tw*ts. 

When is Willow going to drop dead? Because seriously, drop dead, Mrs. Corinthos.

He is very hot, yes. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

The SEC has pictures of Carly/Drew hugging. What is the timeline here because I thought Nina just told Martin to contact the SEC. 

YaddaYadda said:

Someone on another site speculated that

Spoiler

Tracy turned in the two morons to the SEC.  But Nina will confess to Sonny that she did it, leading Sonny to dump her.  Then as Tracy leaves town, she will admit she did it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 8

Joss, the SEC is investigating Carly, not the PCPD, so dial back the outrage toward Jordan.

And you know Michael won't apologize to Ned when it's known that it wasn't him who dropped the dime on Drew and Carly. "You still tried to keep anyone else from being CEO of ELQ!" or some such nonsense. 

Seeing his face when Carly told him Sonny misdirected the SEC was mildly satisfying, at least.

Ugh, Willow, PLEASE DIE ALREADY.

That stuff on Greenland is like watching the Keystone Kops.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

If Michael isn't aware of the ways insider trading can be done, he shouldn't be in a top job of a "major" corporation. Surprisingly (?) only Willow could see that Michael might have something to worry about. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 2