Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, tessaray said:

Moses isn't great but as much as I loved RDA's Jeff, the seeds of serial cheater could have been part of the character, had he stayed. Soap doctors always have the women chasing them.

Yeah, my memories of RDA as Jeff are very flimsy, but he did have an affair with Monica before she moved on to Rick. ( And she was married to Alan the whole time).

And someone can correct me, but while dating the virginal Annie Logan, I think he cheated on her with Bobbie? ( Like a one night stand)

• Useful 2
19 hours ago, threebluestars said:

The only story I'm interested in at the moment is the hooker (heh) and Elizabeth, although mostly her story because I'm amazed at how much the writers have just blown up the character of Jeff Webber. I was hoping for better, but ... GH writers.

I mean they blew him up years ago by turning him into a deadbeat dad so this is nothing new.  But I like Becky having her own story for a change and yeah I’m still interested in the hooker story.

I don’t know if I’m just imagining it because I know Emma Samms has long Covid but she makes me nervous when she’s on screen, she’s very breathless and looks like she’s really exerting herself in even the most minor scenes.  I hope she’ll be ok soon.

Did Curtis just say he wanted six kids because they have the room?!  Umm, Curtis, having room for them isn’t the problem the problem is you are marrying a woman that is either in or close to menopause, plus has already raised a child into adulthood.  Yeah, yeah, they could adopt but like…why??  Ugh, the baby rabies on this show is just relentless!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Mason still on the show?

Who's Mason?

Austin's "cousin." Zzzz.

Mac, you're basically raising James, so you do have a son of sorts. You don't need a jerk like Cody in your life.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Who's Mason?

Austin's "cousin." Zzzz.

Oh, that's right.  Maybe we'll find out what his deal is sometime next October.  Probably right after Willow reaches her third trimester.

• LOL 12

I’m happy Gladys is taking the guardianship seriously and not just going along with whatever Sasha says.  That’s the whole point of it.

Mac has raised more kids on this show than actual bio parents so I don’t think he’s missed out on anything….if Cody is his he can still have a relationship with him as an adult.

• Love 4
On 11/1/2022 at 10:06 PM, ffwbe said:

She did the same thing when they had their make out session at the fundraiser and caused a fire. You can tell she really, really wants Sonny to flip out about the her and another guy and both times, he didn’t do anything. It only serves to make Carly look more miserable because she’ll claim to have moved on and be free every other day but then makes her stank face every time she sees Sonny and Nina together. 

Maybe Sonny would have been a nicer guy sooner if he'd have scraped Carly from the bottom of his shoe a long time a go. 🤔 Let's see what she does to Drew over time. I wouldn't mind seeing him blow his top and throw a few bar glasses.

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Did Curtis just say he wanted six kids because they have the room?

ya he better get a younger wife 😄

21 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I’m happy Gladys is taking the guardianship seriously and not just going along with whatever Sasha says.  That’s the whole point of it.

I missed the point of Gladys not wanting to go along with the plan. Were they making her out to be an actual business whiz, and she had an actual better plan.

What was that all about with Robert and Diane?

54 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Did Curtis just say he wanted six kids because they have the room?!  Umm, Curtis, having room for them isn’t the problem the problem is you are marrying a woman that is either in or close to menopause, plus has already raised a child into adulthood.  Yeah, yeah, they could adopt but like…why??  Ugh, the baby rabies on this show is just relentless!

Curtis is pretty but to quote Wishbone, there's not much behind those curls (Cyrano de  Bergerac episode). Way to talk about having kids with your fiance, Curtis. Does he know what having 6 kids does to a woman's body much less a woman who is in her forties and having them in quick succession? 

I hope that he's willing to be a Stay at Home dad because Portia is the one with the more important, higher paying job.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Did Curtis just say he wanted six kids because they have the room?!  … why??  Ugh, the baby rabies on this show is just relentless!

I was expecting a variation on  the "I can't feel like a man unless" argument again. ( a la Duke's . . . "unless you let me try to be a mobster" explanation to Anna). 

Something tells me that girl may be happy being engaged, but that she really doesn't want to get married. At all.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I missed the point of Gladys not wanting to go along with the plan. Were they making her out to be an actual business whiz, and she had an actual better plan.

Diane proposed that the three heads (Lucy, Maxie, Sasha) give the investors more and take a cut on their own pay and benefits. Gladys opposed it because it would mean that Sasha has less money. When Sasha pointed out that if Deception went under she would have no money at all, Gladys agreed to the plan. Then she said that she had not treated Brando as she should have so she is taking her job as conservator very seriously for his sake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Way to talk about having kids with your fiance, Curtis.

It's been brought up before, but Curtis and Portia still haven't had a serious conversation about kids. Curtis mentions wanting them and Portia looks nervous/dubious.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's been brought up before, but Curtis and Portia still haven't had a serious conversation about kids. Curtis mentions wanting them and Portia looks nervous/dubious.

Setting aside the whole Trina lying issue, how old is Portia supposed to be? 42? 44? Women can still have children at that age, but let's face it, not everyone is Carly who had an oopsie pregnancy with Donna. Maybe Portia can't get pregnant and has to have IVF, which takes its toll physically and emotionally. 

Curtis is fucking annoying with his baby rabies. First with Jordan, which also contributed to his marriage blowing up. Now with Portia. Dude is just steamrolling along, like having a baby and doing it all over again is not a fucking big deal when it is. Maybe these conversations should happen before getting engaged or tying the knot. 

None of these characters are adults. Watching them go about their business like they're teenagers in the bodies of adults is exhausting.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

If previous regimes and even the current one hadn’t shown how Holly suddenly had the hots for Luke, not to mention her scam during the Monkey Virus when Robin needed the antidote, I would have believed that Robert has loved Holly “all these years” and squeeing like my teen self at those kisses today. Because I remember back in the day, when Robert was Commissioner, he and Holly were the Nick and Nora of Port Charles.

But I’ll accept this as long as it keeps Both Diane and Olivia away from Robert. He DESERVES so much better!

And SQUEE! A Serena mention (second time this week!) AND Robin mention!

Whaaat?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Saw this about Les Moonves in the celebrity thread. Someone should send it to Frank, Dan and whoever else is writing the STOOPID  lines that the SEC is only interested when only family members or those in a romantic relationship get invoked with insider trading:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cbs-leslie-moonves-insider-trading/2022/11/03/id/1094681/

Oh, and Drew? There’s no “you might be guilty of insider trading.” YOU ALL ARE GUILTY!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Yeah, my memories of RDA as Jeff are very flimsy, but he did have an affair with Monica before she moved on to Rick. ( And she was married to Alan the whole time).

Monica and Jeff were married pre-Alan.  I don't think their relationship with her marriage to Alan at all.

• Love 2

I just figured out why Elizabeth’s mom creeps me out - she was the mom in Pet Sematary.    She looks like she wants to bury Liz in the backyard in hopes of a different child coming back up.  The dad creeps me out too.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 3

Ooopsie pregnancies in perimenopause are not uncommon because the ovaries pump out extra eggs as a last attempt just when the woman thinks that it's too late now. But ...

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

None of these characters are adults. Watching them go about their business like they're teenagers in the bodies of adults is exhausting.

It's really annoying. Portia thinking a second wedding can't be put together in 3 1/2 months (hire Maxie as a wedding planner or get Trina to organize it), Brook Lynn deleting Chase's letter to get back into the job he loves so that he can be the rock star of her dreams, Drew losing all common sense and acting like a lovesick high school sophomore, Willow refusing to tell Michael about her cancer,  Michael thinking he is the most brilliant businessman ever and Ned would never touch him ...

There is plenty of drama to be mined in adults acting like adults.  Give it a try, GH.

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I just figured out why Elizabeth’s mom creeps me out - she was the mom in Pet Sematary.    She looks like she wants to bury Liz in the backyard in hopes of a different child coming back up.  The dad creeps me out too.

That’s it! That’s where I know her from!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

A Serena mention (second time this week!)

The Serena mentions both make me happy and make me annoyed that she's spent her adult soap life completely off-screen.  And yes, given what happened just this week with The Parents Liz, the odds of her being ruined if she did manage to get on-screen are high, but still, it's even more glaringly dumb this year given all the story avenues to bring her on - her alleged half-brother showing up, her mom going missing, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Portia thinking a second wedding can't be put together in 3 1/2 months

Usually weddings on this show are put together in 3 days.  And pregnancies are anywhere from 4-18 months.

I think Portia should get married in that hideous red satin jump suit.

I can't get used to ES with long, lighter brown hair. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5

I also do not like KG with lighter hair - the dark hair was much better for her ‘hot villain’ character.

When ‘Blaze’ (dumb stage name) asked Chase how he got started singing he answered that someone female and now deceased heard him sing in the shower? Who was that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

Maybe Sonny would have been a nicer guy sooner if he'd have scraped Carly from the bottom of his shoe a long time a go.

Gotta give major props to Cynthia Michele Watros.  For the first time since I started rewatching GH (and being exposed to the character of Sonny) that I don't mind watching him in her scenes.  Not that there is a hint of romance, it's just that Cynthia provides Maurice with just enough space to make his acting tics and line delivery not seem as horrible.  Her scenes with the women whose womb she ripped the baby from are a current highlight of the show. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Did Chase get his business training from Michael? Because how does he not understand what a contract is? You can’t sign one, collect the money, and then “retire”, dummy. This story is making my brain hurt.

Love how Jordan is now calling the killer “The Hook”. Catchy nickname. Not even a “Captain” to go with that? I guess “The Hooker” was a little too racy and might confuse the Vice squad.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Blackie said:

I don’t think she’s going to turn into some business genius but I was just glad that she wanted to think about it and learn more about it rather than just blindly going along with what Sasha said. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:
18 hours ago, Blackie said:

I don’t think she’s going to turn into some business genius but I was just glad that she wanted to think about it and learn more about it rather than just blindly going along with what Sasha said. 

Yeah, I don't think Gladys is trying to cause problems, she just wants to know the reasoning behind a plan before she makes a decision. That's not outrageous. She probably put more thought into that than Michael ever has with any of his ELQ actions.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Does anyone remember what the letter said? I delete the episodes after watching, so I can't go back and check if it had the same wording but didn't Heather say something using the phrase "me and mine" while she was thrashing around in the hospital room? 

If so, I'm assuming she is a red herring? Because there isn't any connection to Trina that I'm aware of. Unless Heather is Rory's mother too. Which would be hilariously bad writing, so I'm not counting it out for these writers.

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, that's right.  Maybe we'll find out what his deal is sometime next October.  Probably right after Willow reaches her third trimester.

He kept talking about "she".  Are they working for Madame Wu?

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Love how Jordan is now calling the killer “The Hook”. Catchy nickname. Not even a “Captain” to go with that? I guess “The Hooker” was a little too racy and might confuse the Vice squad.

The newspaper headline even said Hooker.

17 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The number of times they keep reiterating that the Hooker is a woman is making me think it's not. 

Yeah, I'm sure it's Rory. Diane never did explain WHY she is sure it's a woman, which adds to the sketchiness of the whole thing.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

He kept talking about "she".  Are they working for Madame Wu?

I think it's someone they're both related to -- Mason keeps beating the drum that family is family. I can't remember if Austin's mother (who I kind of remember as a character because she also had an affair with Alan) is still alive. Could be her, maybe?

How stupid is this idea that Carly and Drew can't be seen together at all?  Drew is living in the same house as Carly's son, he's Michael's uncle, of course they know each other. Kissing in the open doorway helps too.

Jordan says that Taggart is willing to come back to the PCPD.  Does that mean that Real Andrews is going to be on the show more?

Is Austin going to ask Spinelli to run him and Maxie through Society Setups to find out if they're longterm?  He really has no idea who he shouldn't be trusting. Spinelli is more likely to use it to break them up. (Also, when a character is offscreen so much that I had to fight to remember who Austin is, it's really, really bad pacing.)

Dex: "I'd like to think that you're concerned about me but it's just another excuse to hate on Sonny."  Dex has Joss' number. But he lurves her amyway.

If Michael hates Sonny so much, why does he go to Charlie's for date night, the place that Sonny owns?

I find it hard to believe that Leo, who is a preteen, actually wants to spend time with 3 year old Wylie.

Nina points out that Sonny's kids have accepted her. Two haven't, I note that it's Carly's kids (other than Donna)..

Joss can't be that concerned about Cameron if she doesn't want Sonny to know or to protect him. "Cam is my boyfriend, I need to make sure that he's okay."  Not 'I care about Cam, I need to know he's okay.'

It's looking more and more like Rory is the Hooker.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's looking more and more like Rory is the Hooker.

How did the people he stabbed wronged him, though? I know it's the show and that I shouldn't try to understand what's going on.

What a slog it was getting through the Willow/Michael scenes. OMG! Spit it out already. I'd rather waste a whole day at the DMV than sit through an episode of this utter garbage. The writers are competing to see which one of them can make these two morons more boring.

Carly is taking the we can't see each other to a whole new level. 

Dex, spare yourself and stop thinking about Joss like that. I don't even like Dex, but good grief! Run, man! RUN!

I cannot stand the scenes with Portia and Jordan. Portia's ass doesn't even know who Trina's bio father is? Did Taggert ever ask her since he knew about the affair? NuJordan is more wooden than a piece of wood, but I really want her to win. I want her to win so badly and be completely vindicated. She'll take no pleasure in it, but I sure as hell will.

The show hasn't even been bad, but some things just grate so hard.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Carly, let your idiot daughter go out alone to check on her boyfriend. Hopefully the Hooker will get her and we'll be rid of that blight on PC and the show. (But of course it's just an excuse for Joss and Dev to run into each other again. #FreeCam, as always.)

If Spinelli is such a great hacker, why can't he take down his website on his own, or whatever he's trying to do? So dumb.

It cracks me up that we've gotten a second "but February 14 is less than six months away!" comment when it's more like less than four months away, rapidly becoming less than three. Also, since it's neither Curtis nor Portia's first wedding, I think things can be a bit more relaxed.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Michael hates Sonny so much, why does he go to Charlie's for date night, the place that Sonny owns?

Heh. Michael is such a dunce.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I find it hard to believe that Leo, who is a preteen, actually wants to spend time with 3 year old Wylie.

It's Wylie, golden child extraordinaire, not some normal kid.

I don't get why Jordan cares so much that Portia isn't leveling with Curtis about Trina maybe being his daughter. They're not really friends or enemies, so what's in it for Jordan? I don't think she wants Curtis back.

Sonny doesn't care about you and Drewfus, Carly.

• Love 8

Ok the power of the dimples was activated I guess because I found myself smiling like a loon at all that Sonny/Nina nonsense at Kelly’s. I found it cute, I couldn’t help myself!

Joss looked like such a mess with that weird half jacket she was wearing.  I guess it matched her mood so it made sense but I didn’t like it.

• Love 6

Sonny is probably relieved that Carly is finally off his back.

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't get why Jordan cares so much that Portia isn't leveling with Curtis about Trina maybe being his daughter. They're not really friends or enemies, so what's in it for Jordan? I don't think she wants Curtis back.

If it were me, I'd be doing it out of spite. Curtis dumper Jordan because she kept sekrits, official secrets from her job, wouldn't even try to work things out with her, and went to Portia who is now holding a massive secret from him.

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Spinelli is such a great hacker, why can't he take down his website on his own, or whatever he's trying to do? So dumb.

I'd missed that but yeah, it's his company, his website. So, so dumb.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Like can’t he just hack into it and upload a virus and blow it up or something?  I have no idea what I’m talking about but he should.

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny doesn't care about you and Drewfus, Carly.

Sonny gives less than zero shits about those two dolts.  I love that.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Ok the power of the dimples was activated I guess because I found myself smiling like a loon at all that Sonny/Nina nonsense at Kelly’s

CW plays it like she hit the jackpot getting Nina to be in a relationship with Sonny. They seem to be having fun together,

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly, let your idiot daughter go out alone to check on her boyfriend.

I thought Joss took off without telling Carly after Carly said no.

27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

t cracks me up that we've gotten a second "but February 14 is less than six months away!" comment when it's more like less than four months away, rapidly becoming less than three. Also, since it's neither Curtis nor Portia's first wedding, I think things can be a bit more relaxed.

It better friggin be the wedding of the century by  the way they are concerned that they don't have enough time to plan it.  Too bad this shows budget is for 3 guests, not sure if Trina will get a +1.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Blackie said:
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I want Joss to be a victim of the Hooker, so she can go out alone with or without Carly's permission. Also, Joss is 18, so Carly can't really do much if Joss does want to be a dunce.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
17 minutes ago, Blackie said:
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I want Joss to be a victim of the Hooker, so she can go out alone with or without Carly's permission. Also, Joss is 18, so Carly can't really do much if Joss does want to be a dunce.

Sorry  I read your post fast without my glasses on so missed the  comma which totally changed the intent of your post. I get what you were meaning now,

47 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Ok the power of the dimples was activated I guess because I found myself smiling like a loon at all that Sonny/Nina nonsense at Kelly’s. I found it cute, I couldn’t help myself!

Sonny is a lot more tolerable with Nina. Here's some holy water for you, though.

Las Vegas Blessing GIF by Spiegelworld

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Blackie said:

It better friggin be the wedding of the century by  the way they are concerned that they don't have enough time to plan it.  Too bad this shows budget is for 3 guests, not sure if Trina will get a +1.

Spencer will be out of Pentonville by then so no need for extra budget.

Isn't Eden McCoy in college fulltime and playing volleyball as well?  How does she have time to be on the show so much?

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I think it's someone they're both related to -- Mason keeps beating the drum that family is family. I can't remember if Austin's mother (who I kind of remember as a character because she also had an affair with Alan) is still alive. Could be her, maybe?

Ooh, could it be Helena?  I want it to be Helena.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Ooh, could it be Helena?  I want it to be Helena.

The writers don’t even know who it is.  And who knows if Roger Howarth is going to stick around.  The man hasn’t been working.  Looks like he’s being paid to sit at the house.

• Useful 1