Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

"Link had a card from the Savoy that had what was obviously a password written on the back." That's because it was a password, BLQ: The back of the card literally said "password: Vesper" on it.

Come ON, Show. That was the previous episode. This is the sort of dumb and avoidable sloppiness that makes the show so bad. And I'm not even trying to catch this sort of thing.

Ooh, Anna and Valentin are watching one of my very favorite movies, Notorious. Excellent choice, Valentine. LOL that the music has nothing to do with the movie.

I enjoyed Britt playing Link.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Kudos to CamMat and his dedication to his training program

And Drew!!. He said that the mile he swam already didn't cut it for eating ice cream. To swim a mile in that little pool would probably be 80 or more lengths. CamMat is so tall that would prob take him 3 strokes per length. 

Ugh Carly getting all googly eyed about Drew is gross.

Sonny and Nina acting like sane adults, Wow!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Kudos to CamMat and his dedication to his training program, but the ogling camera is gross. Would they do that to a woman? Probably not, so don't do it to a man. 

I didn't like Chase lounging around shirtless at night at the pool, either. 

I don't mind it when they do it. they probably wouldn't do it to a woman - which i wouldn't mind either.  but people would probably cop a fit. i just think it's a way to show that X is looking at Y and in reality that's what people tend to do. they look. I don't know how else they are supposed to show that. (seriously. not me fighting with you or anything LOL if they could do it in a way without the oogle camera, then i'd say just do that then). 

but as @Blackie  said It's gross because it's Carly doing it to Jasonlite

2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Sonny and Nina acting like sane adults, Wow!

it legit always blows my mind.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Drew, why are you apologizing to Carly for what Scott did to Michael in court? GET A LIFE. A LIFE AWAY FROM CARLY.

Carly's obvious googly eyes was blatant enough that I didn't need the ogling camera. Just because it's a man instead of a woman doesn't make it any less gross, IMO.

7 minutes ago, Blackie said:

CamMat is so tall that would prob take him 3 strokes per length. 

This cracked me up. That pool is like 20 feet long. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I haven't watched in weeks. I did have the show on today  though (on mute) and looked up just in time to see the ogling shot! I enjoyed it! LOL! I cannot lie. CM has a nice body!! 

But my main reason for posting is I saw Chase getting arrested at the end of the show. I assume he hit Linc. So, Chase can repeatedly get arrested for committing assaults but Michael gets away with all his?!?! And I think the fall out from Michael being arrested would be far more interesting than Chase given Michael's jobs and position . . . but I guess Michael always has to come out on top! GH is such a joke!

Soooo . . . . I assume Chase is done being a cop then. He was already suspended (without pay) for a year for assaulting someone. This is his second arrest for assault. I'm sure he's being booted off the force now. I wonder what job they will give him next. 

Edited by lala2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2

What a feeble episode. The good parts were Britt faking stupid to Linc and maybe Anna and Valentin.

Why does Drew swimming in the Metro Court pool, and at a time when it's closed? Is it even possible to swim a mile in such a small pool? Does anyone not think that the Quartermaines have at least one pool if not more, not to mention waterfront property so that he could swim there?

The Drew/Carly scenes have become so tacky, and they are trying so hard to make fetch happen, that I have to fast forward through them.

Why are they going to suspend Chase again? Maybe it's time for anger management therapy for him. Congrats show, you've ruined any goodness between Chase and Brook Lynn.

How many times are Sonny and Nina going to have the same conversation about what happened in court? There is some chemistry there but not enough to survive this endless repetition.

"Hospitals are pricey."   It's always a shock when I'm reminded of the differences between the US and Canada.

32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

*sigh*. Ni Hao is not Korean. It's annyeong - (informal) (haseyo) - formalized. come on show, it's as easy as typing in "how to say hello in Korean." (i mean i lived there so I knew this right off the bat).

I guess the show thinks they speak Mandarin in Korea. Just like Bolivia has a coast.🙄

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Excuse my ignorance: Are Brad and Serena supposed to be Korean? I always thought they were Chinese, as that's Parry Shen's heritage. (Not that the show cares.)

"Carly will never use Donna as a pawn." But she's happy to use her grandson as one.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How many times are Sonny and Nina going to have the same conversation about what happened in court? There is some chemistry there but not enough to survive this endless repetition.

Right?!? I can't remember the last full show I watched, and Sona are still in the same place. MB and CW had great chemistry. They need to just start the story already! Why are they still dancing around each other?! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Right?!? I can't remember the last full show I watched, and Sona are still in the same place. MB and CW had great chemistry. They need to just start the story already! Why are they still dancing around each other?! 

these people need to pick up a bodice ripper and realize how it should go. i have many titles i can recommend. 

Also why was bearded wonder beaten up for winning? 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I am 100% not a fan of what they're doing with the Chase/BL pairing. They've already destroyed this pairing before they had the chance to even start. And it takes real talent to do that. So bravo! And it's not like no one saw this happening.

What interest I had in seeing where the pairing went has been bludgeoned to death.

Drew and Carly are going to happen. And I'm just *sigh* I can't even think about what this disaster will look like. But it's good because this version of Drew has no balls, no purpose and is sinfully boring. And Carly can just walk all over him. 

I was thinking while rolling my eyes at them that the writers changed gears with them because of SBu's status. They were gearing up for a triangle with Drew/Sam/Dante and switched out of that to have Drew panting after Carly and her ogling him like some thirsty B.

There's nothing good say about the show. Even Valentin and Anna who have chemistry are stuck in this rut and his no-good ass is asking her about Jennifer Smith. Like seriously. 

I hate this show so damn much! 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 6

I think Cody took his earnings too early; when you buy into that kind of game, I think you're expected to stay to the end, not take your early winnings and go.

Though Serena wanting her money back is really unprofessional and wrong. She may have rigged the game, but that doesn't mean she can take winnings that were (so it seems) legitimately gotten.

• Like 4

Selena's logic doesn't make sense to me:  She wanted Cody to stay in the game longer so that he would win more and the other players would go to Selena to borrow money and that's how she makes her money, through usury. Cody leaving so early meant that the other players didn't borrow as much, but wouldn't there still be other people left playing? Other tables?

Although if Cody won eight games in a row, that very much suggests cheating.

Brook Lynn's logic didn't make much sense either. If Linc sells one of her songs to a boy band, even if he gets the money from this one it will be an 'in' for her to sell them another one, one that she can write now and Linc doesn't own. There is serious money to be made from Korean boy bands.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Chase needs to stop punching people who insult Brook Lynn.  One day he is going to punch the wrong person and he’s either going to get his ass whipped or sued.

If he’s no longer going to be a cop, I guess he can continue being Brook Lynn’s guard dog.  He’s already holding her purse.  What else is he qualified to do?

• Love 4
On 6/13/2022 at 12:53 PM, statsgirl said:

Carly is so smug, I just want to smack that smirk off her face. And who hated her enough to put her in that dress like a hausfrau?

GF was great today in her scenes with Spencer.

Martin: "Its not like you lost to an unworthy adversary." Martin, are you drunk? Totally unworthy adversaries.

No surprise. The guy barely finished high school. Only idiots would put him in charge of a company.

Have the writers forgotten that Valentin is a partner in Deception? If Lucy votes for the merger and to kick Valentin out, he could do a lot of harm to Deception.

So now the pressure is on to succeed, Michael because your mother bought into the compaly?  For your mother, but not for the whole Quartermaine family?  As I said, only a fool would give him control of a company.

Sonny has joined Nina on the endless apology to Michael and Carly train. I just wish that people would stop babying Michael and someone would tell Michael that he's being an idiot.

Other than "Carly and her family wins", no thought at all

Carly has some money from the Metro Court but if she uses that, doesn't she have to check with Olivia? She got no money from the last divorce from Sonny.

I wouldn’t let SLS flip burgers.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 6/13/2022 at 1:18 PM, ffwbe said:

Michael never had any true investment in ELQ so him all of sudden only being serious because his mom could lose her shirt in the merger is of no surprise to me. He only cares about it now because it’s a tool to go after Sonny. He said Sam was right to leverage the kids’ shares to Valentin in return for a new parole officer and he would have a done the same thing if in her position and turned down a plumb job from Valentin which would have kept him involved the company.

It’s the crux of the issue with portraying a “family company” that only consists of 1 person who actually grew up in that family and was groomed by Edward. Another example is how BL, Skye, Lila Rae, and Maya so easily sold their shares to an outsider (twice). We know Tracy would have never done that in general principle. 

It would be wonderful if Carly was bankrupted by this investment and subsequently convicted of insider trading.  Of course, that will never be allowed.  Even though seeing the idiot writers put to together a scene where Carly has to a attend a bankruptcy court hearing would be hilarious.  Even better of she was forced to sell her Metro Court shares off.  Then they could have Nina by them, in partnership with Valentin.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Brook Lynn's logic didn't make much sense either. If Linc sells one of her songs to a boy band, even if he gets the money from this one it will be an 'in' for her to sell them another one, one that she can write now and Linc doesn't own. There is serious money to be made from Korean boy bands.

BLQ is stupid. 
though i'll be fair and say i don' know much about songwriting. but I have to imagine that you have to work with an agency/company and they push your songs to bands or something. esp. when you are a baby song writer. you can't pick and choose who can sing your songs. [again if if i am wrong. - i stand corrected]

not to mention there are covers of EVERYTHING. you can't be butt hurt if someone sings your song the way you intended it. If you can't handle that then you can't be a songwriter, and accept that fact and figure something else out. crying out loud. 

• Love 2
On 6/13/2022 at 3:55 PM, Grinaldi said:

I don't understand why the writers took Austin out of the Q orbit and had him sign away his rights. They brought him on as independently wealthy (he owned a bunch of property in Pawtuck) and with a gripe against the Qs. There was a story engine there for years. But nope. 

What I would love to see is Brook Lyn with some off camera help from granny, swooping in and taking the company from all of these fools. 

But no, it's all about Michael who is neither rootable nor compelling.

Yeah, I’m waiting for that to come together too.  I also expect it to be revealed that Helena is the one behind everything.  Having used that memory transfer technology to put her marbles into a young clone body, or whatever.

• Love 1
On 6/15/2022 at 3:20 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Wyatt shows up whenever someone is in the woods. So they need to stop going into the woods.

GH exists in a tiny pocket universe largely devoid of people, and occupying a tiny amount of space.  Their version of earth is probably the size of Pluto at best.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Drew, why are you apologizing to Carly for what Scott did to Michael in court? GET A LIFE. A LIFE AWAY FROM CARLY.

Carly's obvious googly eyes was blatant enough that I didn't need the ogling camera. Just because it's a man instead of a woman doesn't make it any less gross, IMO.

This cracked me up. That pool is like 20 feet long. 

Doesn’t the Q mansion have a full size pool?

• Love 2
On 6/15/2022 at 10:38 AM, Bazinga said:

Maybe, but the concept doesn't make any sense male or female.  Carly couldn't just step back and allow Jason to run the family on his own without the need for Jason to kill her off?  As long as Carly was not exerting power and making a move to take over the family, why would the other families see her still existing as weakness?  Same sort of idea as Carly/Michael not wanting Nina to continue to exist and that Sonny needed to kill her off to show he was still the man they knew and respected.  Both of these ideas are stupid and convoluted plot points.

It feels like these plot points are decided like Jerry and George writing their pilot.  Maybe next, Carly will sue Nina.  Who will then be sentenced to be her butler.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

and Sona are still in the same place. MB and CW had great chemistry. They need to just start the story already! Why are they still dancing around each other?! 

Sonny and Nina are building a normal adult relationship. They have already slept together once so it must be totally busting Sonny's balls that she keeps putting him off. But he seems to be keeping patient, he isn't demanding or throwing bar ware about it so that is some improvement. But that is about as slow as they can go. The next "time" they better progress the relationship or they will end up on the same road as Chase and BL, Anna and Valentin, etc etc. 

ETA: i was just looking up the age of CamMat, I thought he was younger that LW but he is 1 year older!!  So yes he is looking might fine for 52 (ya for swimming!! 🏊🏿‍♂️)

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

I dunno, has no one ever ogled an attractive man/woman? I know I sure have lol!  I mean, is it cheesy? Sure, but the camera is only showing what (in this case) Carly is seeing. As gross as the pairing is, she’s obviously attracted to him and that’s what’s being reflected in the camera shots. Same with Cody when Brad was watching him. Plus, it’s a soap. 🤣

• Love 4

Am I supposed to be rooting for Brooklyn and her stupid capering and above-the-law entitlement and yet further destruction of Chase? ....cuz no. 

Ugh. You can totally tell KT is not into this Cody crap. 

• Love 6
Just now, Sake614 said:

I dunno, has no one ever ogled an attractive man/woman? I know I sure have lol!  I mean, is it cheesy? Sure, but the camera is only showing what (in this case) Carly is seeing. As gross as the pairing is, she’s obviously attracted to him and that’s what’s being reflected in the camera shots. Same with Cody when Brad was watching him. Plus, it’s a soap. 🤣

well i will say i respect people's views on what they thing is gross and not needed even though i don't think that way but i also know my tolerance for stuff is a lot higher than most people when it comes to stuff haha. Unless it's Carly and Michael's dipstickery.

but for me it's sort of like this.

it's just a video-ly way to "show" the attraction-oggle goggle. but like. i like the schmoopy stuff that a lot of people here thing is high school. and all too. LOL like i said my tolerance is high for a lot of these things

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/16/2022 at 6:26 AM, mostlylurking said:

I was just coming on here to post about that as well!  The weirdest thing happened last night too there was a commercial for Hulu and it had the same exact cereal box!  I think that guy is a basketball player but it was just weird that it came up on a Hulu commercial and GH both in the same day.

It’s all under the same Disney corporate umbrella.  The network probably forced it on them to help justify their budget.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Linc said that he was expecting a phone call from Korea. When it came (Ni Hao), it was to sell Brook Lynn's song to a Korean boy band.

I thought that was supposed to show how dim-witted he is, but I could be giving the show too much credit. 

I know I've beaten this drum before, but it drives me crazy that Drew keeps saying that he can do things because he was a Navy Seal -- yet it's also canon that he can't remember Navy Seal days. (Although I'll give him today's swimming, because of muscle memory, I guess?)

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, I'm 4 eps behind, but  I saw the coming attractions and have to say this ANNA IF YOU DON'T BANG HIM I''M GONNNA CALL THE CIA AD HAVE YOUR BADGE TAKEN AWAY

Please help me out==who is Drew and why is he on the show?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Kudos to CamMat and his dedication to his training program, but the ogling camera is gross. Would they do that to a woman? Probably not, so don't do it to a man. 

I didn't like Chase lounging around shirtless at night at the pool, either. 

I don't like it either, although it's not as bad as the Ron C era when the poor actors rarely got to put on a shirt for their scenes. 

I know in most IRL situations men don't really have the kind of complex reaction to the occasional objectification that women do. But when it comes to scenes like today, my mind always goes to the fact that these are actors. The odds of something creepy happening to a young actor behind the scenes is much higher than it is in other careers.

• Love 1

See ya sometime next year, Drew, since you'll be swimming laps in that tiny pool until then to "work off" one ice cream cone.  Though maybe that's preferable than getting stuck with Carly--who will toss you aside like an afterthought once the show either a. gets her back with Sonny or b. rehires Steve Burton.  

The storylines for Brooklyn/Chase and Britt/Cody are so painfully boring.  I just don't care.  Really wish they'd get on a more regular timetable with Anna/Valentin, as when they're only on once every couple weeks it makes it hard to get a rhythm going.

Then there's the teen dramedy sex tape ~scandal that will apparently never end and we'll hear Joss say "Esme has to pay" into eternity.

Sonny and Nina continue to grow on me.  I feel dirty saying that.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
36 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Please help me out==who is Drew and why is he on the show?

Drew came on as Jason when Burton was on YR. He was played by Billy Miller. He was being kept at the same clinic Robin was at. She found him, sprung him. He was hit by a car and got his face busted. He'd lost his memory. They called him Jake Doe. Got together with Elizabeth. She found out he was Jason, I don't remember how they found out, but I'm pretty sure Nikolas told her. Jake was going to marry Elizabeth and the wedding came to a screeching halt when it was revealed that he was in fact Jason Morgan. There was a whole Helena controlling him as well. 

Anyway, Jason started getting his Jason memories back. He and Sam got together and gave us the invisible Scout. Then Burton was fired from YR and bounced back to GH. So they made Miller Drew Cain, aka Jason's twin brother, who was taken in by what's her face along with Franco. So those two were kids together until Drew was put in foster care and grew up an orphan.

When Jason came back, they wrote Drew as having joined the military, becoming a SEAL, was sent to Afghanistan on some mission, was kidnapped by Peter August and Shiloh, got infected with Jason's memories at the expense of his own, is held captive for a few years before Robin frees him. 

Of course, with Jason's return, Drew became expendable. Sonny and Carly had no use for him. Sam divorced him, even though KMo and BM had a really good rapport (they even stopped giving them scenes together), and Drew was left twisting in the wind. 

Long story short, Drew's plane crashed when he was on his way to try and figure stuff out about what happened to him in Afghanistan. He was not mourned, got no funeral, nothing. The show did its best to erase the character by not mentioning his name.

Then they cast Cameron Mathison as Drew and here we are.

This version of Drew is absolutely nothing like the original version. 

I loved the character. Most of us did, I think, and they did him completely dirty when Burton came back. Drew was everything Jason was not. Drew left Sonny and the organization because he wanted better for his family. There was something poignant about that.

And there was this wonderful contempt he had for Sonny and Carly. It ran deep and it was just really beautiful.

This Drew is a complete letdown and a total tool. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

You forgot to mention Drew had a son, Oscar, whose existence he had no knowledge of. Oscar died of a brain tumor which led to endless scenes of Joss mourning him and Oscar seemingly having a memorial in every single location he ever set foot on. 

Am I wrong in thinking that Oscar's shares of ELQ were willed to Shiloh who sold them to Valentin and that was how he managed to get a foothold and them eventually controlling interest in ELQ. If I'm remembering correctly, that is the single most impactful thing Oscar did. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

You forgot to mention Drew had a son, Oscar, whose existence he had no knowledge of. Oscar died of a brain tumor which led to endless scenes of Joss mourning him and Oscar seemingly having a memorial in every single location he ever set foot on. 

Am I wrong in thinking that Oscar's shares of ELQ were willed to Shiloh who sold them to Valentin and that was how he managed to get a foothold and them eventually controlling interest in ELQ. If I'm remembering correctly, that is the single most impactful thing Oscar did. 

Lol I was so glad they got rid of Oscar, although I did cry when he said goodbye to Kim. But yeah Oscar gave some shares to Shiloh for helping him for a second when he was trying to get emancipated. And Nelle got them after Shiloh died because they got married in prison. She's the one who sold them to Valentin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Excuse my ignorance: Are Brad and Serena supposed to be Korean? I always thought they were Chinese, as that's Parry Shen's heritage. (Not that the show cares.)

If you’re ignorant, than so am I. They are Chinese, from everything I have been led to believe. Does anyone have information that says otherwise?

11 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

If he’s no longer going to be a cop, I guess he can continue being Brook Lynn’s guard dog.  He’s already holding her purse.  What else is he qualified to do?

Chase and Drew have so much in common. They should get together and give each other pointers about how to be the very best lapdog/ shirtless eye candy while tending to the every need of their chosen lady master without ever, ever consummating.

So boring today. I wish they had just shown us Notorious instead. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I didn't forget. The post was getting too long. His storyline also brought grifter Hayden to town.

I also hated Oscar. He was as vanilla as they came and could have given Michael a run for his money when it came to blandness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This version of Drew is absolutely nothing like the original version

FTFY.

5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So boring today. I wish they had just shown us Notorious instead. 

I cannot endorse this enough. If you haven't seen it, DO IT. It's fantastic—sexy, suspenseful, romantic—and Ingrid Bergman is absolutely luminous.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This version of Drew is absolutely nothing like the original version. 

I loved the character. Most of us did, I think, and they did him completely dirty when Burton came back. Drew was everything Jason was not. Drew left Sonny and the organization because he wanted better for his family. There was something poignant about that.

And there was this wonderful contempt he had for Sonny and Carly. It ran deep and it was just really beautiful.

Which has not only been watered down, but Drew has practically apologized to Carly for having the audacity to have been brainwashed into thinking he was her beloved  Jason.  I mean, the gall of him...

CM is a good-looking man and LW is fine, as well, but boy, beyond the character issues, they have zero chemistry of any kind. 

• Love 7

LW is a good actress, but, for me, beyond some flirty banter, she never has great romantic/sexual chemistry with anyone. Maybe it's because her Carly is so bitchy and ballsy with no apparent self-awareness or concern for other lifeforms outside of her own spawn. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Which has not only been watered down, but Drew has practically apologized to Carly for having the audacity to have been brainwashed into thinking he was her beloved  Jason.  I mean, the gall of him...

I don't know if it's watered down as much as it is nonexistent. He is panting after Carly and he doesn't go near Sonny because Sonny doesn't like him. At least the writers left him with a shred of dignity.

I miss the real Drew. CM's version is not cutting it for me. It's not his fault but I'd rather Drew stayed dead than this.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Drew went through so many poorly executed iterations over a short period of time its hard to say who he was really. Jake Doe. Jason. Drewson. Whatever that weird Franco mind mapped detour was for a minute. But whatever he was, he was never this smiley, hyper positive, motivational speaking Mr. Rogers type.  And after being kept prisoner for two or so years he really shouldn't be like this. But I think it goes to show they cared so little about Drew when BM played him, especially once SBu came back, that they are totally fine with CM turning him into Ryan Lavery and just going with that. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Drew went through so many poorly executed iterations over a short period of time its hard to say who he was really. Jake Doe. Jason. Drewson. Whatever that weird Franco mind mapped detour was for a minute. But whatever he was, he was never this smiley, hyper positive, motivational speaking Mr. Rogers type.  And after being kept prisoner for two or so years he really shouldn't be like this. But I think it goes to show they cared so little about Drew when BM played him, especially once SBu came back, that they are totally fine with CM turning him into Ryan Lavery and just going with that. 

Does CM have the range to play anything else?  Some actors just play fictionalized versions of themselves.  It worked for James Garner.  He was largely the same on or offscreen.  CM is handsome and fit, but he doesn’t have as much charisma.  BM was the better Drew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

If you’re ignorant, than so am I. They are Chinese, from everything I have been led to believe. Does anyone have information that says otherwise?

None that I know, and the lady playing Serena is from Singapore originally as I recall. As another poster said, there may be confusion with Linc's storyline where he was talking to a Korean boy band on the phone and supposedly said something in Korean. I have no idea what language Serena was using to her bodyguard when he was beating up Cody, though it was likely Mandarin or a similar Chinese dialect

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

there may be confusion with Linc's storyline where he was talking to a Korean boy band on the phone and supposedly said something in Korean.

Yes, and it didn't help that I posted before I saw Linc talking to the Korean boy band. My bad, y'all.

• Wink 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I hate this for Monica.

Monica has made her peace with Carly and welcomed her into the family when she was about to marry Jason. So Monica doesn't have a leg to stand on as far as this nasty goes.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

The scene this week of Carly and Drew smurfily gazing at each other while eating ice cream with their feet in the pool really grossed me out. 

The only thing that scene made me feel, was an intense desire for an ice cream cone. It's funny because just a scene or so earlier, Vanna made me crave buttered popcorn. Love in the afternoon, y'all! 

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

LW is a good actress, but, for me, beyond some flirty banter, she never has great romantic/sexual chemistry with anyone. 

I thought she had pretty good chemistry with Jax. And Todd Manning (although, weirdly, none with Franco. How is that??) But otherwise, I agree. Not Sonny. Not Jason. And definitely not Blandrew.

On a side note, maybe that’s part of the reason I’m liking Sonny again. He definitely sparks with Nina.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I miss the real Drew. CM's version is not cutting it for me. It's not his fault but I'd rather Drew stayed dead than this.

I miss BM too, but I didn’t at first. I had such high hopes for the resourceful, take-charge Navy SEAL that CM’s version initially appeared to be. It’s a shame that character vanished as soon as he hit Port Charles.

• Love 3

Carly and Drew should not be a couple. He should totally resent her treatment of him once Jason came back. He really needs a story of his own to establish who he is before they hook him up with someone. This show races through some parts of stories and drags its feet with others, and it's almost always the wrong combination. Carly is fairly recently divorced, and she only recently seems to have come to terms with it, despite being the one who asked for it. She doesn't need to immediately be in another relationship.

As for Nina and Sonny, right now Sonny is fine with taking things slow, but I wonder how long that will last. Historically he hasn't cared about anyone else's time line, only his own. They also need to establish Sonny and Nina's relationship is about more than stupid Wiley. That kid takes up too much of the show the way it is.

• Applause 9
  • Love 2