Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And I'm not big on Whataboutisms, but when Sonny pointed out that infidelity had gone both ways in S/C's long history, Michael didn't want to hear it.  So, yeah, shut up you insufferable little shit. 

When Michael told Chase that it was good to see him after he barged in on him and BL, I actually said loudly "don't talk to him."

Michael is a sniveling little shit.

And honestly, it feels like the writers have come around these parts and read about the stuff we've been saying about the falling out between Michael and Sonny over AJ's murder. Those were good times, indeed, but dear writers, if you indeed do come around these parts you should know that in this household, 95% of us (because I don't want to generalize here) HATE Michael.

And I mean hate. Do the right thing and kill him off. I'm fine with a fiery crash that will take him out, his simpering girlfriend and the demon's seed.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What should she have done? Asking honestly. It's her husband and his father; their relationship is for them to deal with. Willow can talk to Michael afterward, but it's not her place to interfere otherwise, IMO.

Except Willow has to live with Michael because he is her husband. If she tries to intercede on anything other than his side, because Mikey is out of control right now with this thing with his dad, he'll probably give her a  lecture about how Sonny is "choosing Nina" over the "honor" of the Corinthos name. If she knows literally anything about Sonny's criminal activities over the last five hundred and twenty eight years, she knows that 'honor' is a subjective term.

• Love 2

Is it going to matter that Willow isn't actually married to Michael at this point? Or is that something that the writers have forgotten?

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Michael will force her to choose, and if she chooses Nina, Willow will likely be out on the street. Nina is the Antichrist, you know. Though given how completely Willow has kowtowed to Michael recently, I can see her choosing him/Wylie. She's certainly fallen into line with his feelings about Nina, even though she has little reason to.

Willow has always said that she is there to protect Wylie. Is she even going to notice that Michael is behaving in an emotionally abusive way much less 'protect Wylie' from him?

18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Hatman could have said something. A little truth can go a long way, and Hatman didn't even give Curtis that. Instead he kept tap-dancing around the whole thing.

Curtis read the whole police file and said that even being arrested, having some kind of incident and sent for psychiatric evaluation isn't a good enough excuse for disappearing from their lives. What could Marshal have said that Curtis would accept?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Willow should get in the middle of the Sonny/Michael situation in the first place. Let those two nitwits work it out on their own.

I agree in that she should have left the room.  But she declined and then just stood there, and seemed to be portraying Willow as supportive of Michael's behavior and position.  That's just not something I could do.   Maybe I'm wrong.  Either way, she's very stupid not to see Michael is abusive, controlling, and has extreme anger problems, and that eventually she'll be on the receiving end of all that magic.   I just find him so abusive.  Is he written this way or are these the actor's choices, or both? I don't know. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I agree in that she should have left the room.  But she declined and then just stood there, and seemed to be portraying Willow as supportive of Michael's behavior and position.  That's just not something I could do.   Maybe I'm wrong.  Either way, she's very stupid not to see Michael is abusive, controlling, and has extreme anger problems, and that eventually she'll be on the receiving end of all that magic.   I just find him so abusive.  Is he written this way or are these the actor's choices, or both? I don't know. 

Tbh I think we’re supposed to be rooting for him like we’re supposed to be rooting for Carly even though they both come off extremely unlikeable to me. Michael being so anti-Nina has made him look even more annoying and hypocritical. I don’t buy that he even cared that Sonny was gone or grieved for him since he was on a ton and we never saw it so his anger at Nina really seems to be him making his mom’s enemy his own. He was too busy banging his best friend’s wife and cheerleading Jarly saying how he always want them together. 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Curtis read the whole police file and said that even being arrested, having some kind of incident and sent for psychiatric evaluation isn't a good enough excuse for disappearing from their lives. What could Marshal have said that Curtis would accept?

He said that after weeks of being jerked around by Marshall. It might have been very different if Marshall had shared some of the truth in the beginning.

26 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I just find him so abusive.  Is he written this way or are these the actor's choices, or both? I don't know. 

CD probably thinks Michael is being protective. He (CD) doesn't strike me as someone who thinks too deeply about his character. And I don't think he's a good enough actor to make abuse a layer, even though a lot of us see Michael that way.

• Love 14

This was an unfortunate day to have NLG away. I just couldn’t get into the Harmony/Alexis scenes.

Also, no way is Carly dying or being kidnapped for weeks so no suspense whatsoever. I just don’t get this turn of events. Will Harmony spill the beans on Ryan to save herself from a death sentence? That’s storyline feels so old already…

• Love 15

Michael: I don't like the man (aka: non murderous rage monster) My Father become.

Willow: I blame Nina for Sonny choosing not to be a murderous mobster.  

Do these people actually listen to the words that come out of their mouths?

Michael in the last few months: cheated, bribed officials, bribed the media  but he wants to be a role model for Wiley, and he wants to change the Corinthos mobster empire. Okay. And he only wants to do this because... Sonny won't murder Nina. hahahahahahahaah

Again. the show is making me be defacto team Sonny. He didn't "pick Nina over Carly." He came home and chose Carly. He wanted to move on, With Carly. He wanted to get over whatever he had with Nina. (now we can argue if he was wrong in not telling her before it escalated). When it did blow up, he still wanted to be with Carly.  He just wanted to know "how much time" Carly needed to have. Then Sonny was told that Carly wasn't going to come and he thought the marriage was over, and in that mindspace, that's when he went to Nina. When he realized Carly did come, he ditched Nina (to which this is all basically more of  - why does Nina wants this? LOL), and then when Carly said all she wants is to have NOTHING to do with it, instead of throwing fits and whatever, he gave Carly everything she wanted with out stress and drama for the girls. Yet "he's destroying the family/not choosing" the family.  alrighty then. 

I always love whenever they bad mouth Nina, the next scene is Nina stressing she doesn't want to put people in the middle or choosing sides.

Also. Sasha shut up. sorry. you married into that family those are questions you ask before you get married, high or not.

Harmony, less talking, more pushing Carly off the cliff. Harmony plays crazy VERY well. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

Inga C. just showed today why it's a mistake to get rid of Hamony. Her acting is so much better than most of the rest of the cast.

Alexis: Harmony, what have you done to her?  Me: not nearly enough. Go away and forget everything you saw here.

Michael: My father's real business is organized crime and racketeering.  Also Michael: I love the man my father used to be

I never liked Brando as much as today when he was getting his lines from the One Good Writer.

Willow is such a wimp around Michael. A doormat has more strength.

With the cut on that top, I can see Becky's ribs almost as much as I can see Anna's.

Thank you Sasha. If  you can't carry off a blue dress with black stockings. I sure can't Time to get some lighter coloured ones.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Tbh I think we’re supposed to be rooting for him like we’re supposed to be rooting for Carly even though they both come off extremely unlikeable to me.

I made the mistake of going to the GH twitter today and almost everyone is pro-Michael. Sonny has gone too far now betraying Carly and his family, Michael should never forgive him and Nina is the devil.

Me: Sonny hanging AJ on a meathook 👍:  murdering AJ 👍; Sonny trying to murder Jax so Carly gets sole possession of Joss👍; but sleeping with Nina after Carly kicked him out is too much???

I'm afraid we're stuck with it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Michael: My father's real business is organized crime and racketeering.  Also Michael: I love the man my father used to be

Also Michael
I don't want Wiley to idolize that. 

Also Also Michael 
but you know if Sonny lived up to the code (of murdering people). it's totally okay 

Willow: wow i never heard it so blunty before. I'm sorry you are losing the mobster in your life

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I made the mistake of going to the GH twitter today and almost everyone is pro-Michael. Sonny has gone too far now betraying Carly and his family, Michael should never forgive him and Nina is the devil.

Me: Sonny hanging AJ on a meathook 👍:  murdering AJ 👍; Sonny trying to murder Jax so Carly gets sole possession of Joss👍; but sleeping with Nina after Carly kicked him out is too much???

the same right now it's all of "Who is this sonny?" "Why isn't Sonny chosing his family," "#teamMichael"  and same with youtube comments.  

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Inga C. just showed today why it's a mistake to get rid of Hamony. Her acting is so much better than most of the rest of the cast.

best part of today. 

• Love 7

I didn't see the show today, but in the recap I read, Brando tells Sonny that Michael is being naive and is a privileged brat? Is that right? If so, GO BRANDO!!! I knew I liked you for a reason! I'm sure "brat" wasn't used, but I will have to search out that scene. 

Michael's whole take on this situation as been incredibly selfish and naive. He acts like a little boy, not a grown man who should know life is complicated. It's not black and white all the time. I understand being upset w/your dad for cheating on your mom, but Michael seems more upset that Sonny didn't murder Nina. And he's too old - IMO - to not understand why Sonny was conflicted. The man fell in love w/her when he had amnesia. He can't just shut off his feelings. And as @Daisy pointed out, we saw Sonny try to move on w/his life w/the woman he wanted: Carly, but Carly wanted nothing to do w/him when she learned about Nina. She didn't even try to understand the man. Ugh. Michael is so bad. 

I am not looking forward to Michael hating on Sonny b/c  . . .  I'm sorry . . . . CD is not a strong actor. He plays anger one way - OTT and screechy. That's why I'm one of the few who hated when he was angry w/Sonny last time. There was no nuance to his performances. He was just loud and screechy, and I was happy when he forgave Sonny. LOL! 

I haven't been watching Michael lately b/c I don't think CD does anger very well. It's very one note. JMO. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

I am not looking forward to Michael hating on Sonny b/c  . . .  I'm sorry . . . . CD is not a strong actor. He plays anger one way - OTT and screechy. That's why I'm one of the few who hated when he was angry w/Sonny last time. There was no nuance to his performances. He was just loud and screechy, and I was happy when he forgave Sonny. LOL! 

I’ll stand on that ledge with you. I found Michael just as smug and entitled back then and thought CD couldn’t pull off whatever they were going for and I detest Sonny and Carly so that SL was tailor made for someone like me

• Love 7
Just now, ffwbe said:

I’ll stand on that ledge with you. I found Michael just as smug and entitled back then and thought CD couldn’t pull off whatever they were going for and I detest Sonny and Carly so that SL was tailor made for someone like me

Right?!?! It should have worked, but it just didn't for me.

When BC/Morgan was angry w/Sonny, it was better. There was nuance to BC's performances; it wasn't just one note. He played different levels of the anger. There was loud anger but also quiet, disappointed anger. But w/Chad?! My goodness. I can't recall how many times CD screeched about Avery and hating Sonny?! Ugh . . . simply awful. I was like, "It's been months. You cannot still be at this same level of rage. Can we try something different for this scene?" LOL! 

• Love 5

Brando essentially reading Michael for filth today was my jam. Too bad Michael wasn't standing there while Brando said those things. It's also too bad Michael has the Qs and his mother standing behind him, because a storyline where Michael can't benefit from his last names and sleeping on a bench in cold temperatures might teach him a thing or two about his overprivileged life. He doesn't deserve a single thing he has in his life. Also, Michael, do get fucked. Please and thank you. 

Willow is completely hopeless. Don't become your father. Girl, open your eyes. He is his father. And apparently Sonny was better when he was a screaming, drinking nightmare of a man. This tamer version of his father is apparently a no-go for puff fish the golden. Willow is as spineless as they come. 

Does anyone know if NLG is back filming? I really appreciate the difficult situation these temp recasts are put in, having to come in and play a character they don't know, plus the one take situation for a scene don't help. But Alexis finding out that Harmony killed Neil was just about the worst take. Harmony walked into Alexis's home and murdered Neil, the man Alexis was in love with and wanted a life with, while he was asleep in her bed and that scene was just incredibly monotone and devoid of any sort of emotion, which was too bad. 

I surprisingly liked the Sasha/Nina scenes. 

A jungle themed new set? An extension of the MC or is it a brand new set? And was there a fire sale for whicker furniture? 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Right?!?! It should have worked, but it just didn't for me.

When BC/Morgan was angry w/Sonny, it was better. There was nuance to BC's performances; it wasn't just one note. He played different levels of the anger. There was loud anger but also quiet, disappointed anger. But w/Chad?! My goodness. I can't recall how many times CD screeched about Avery and hating Sonny?! Ugh . . . simply awful. I was like, "It's been months. You cannot still be at this same level of rage. Can we try something different for this scene?" LOL! 

i am still trying to figure out how he won an Emmy.  because i personally don't see any nuances.. he just sticks his tongue in his cheek, and glares off to the side, and he has his 4 faces of Michael.  I've said it constantly. Regardless how i feel about Carly - LW makes me (for at least a little bit, when she is actually right, or hurt or justifiable angry) to be on her side. To get why she feels that way.  She BRINGS it. (then she goes back to being Carly, and then it's like well who cares LOL). We ALL rag on on MB, but MB being SMike, is more tolerable and again 98 percent of the crap being laid at his feet isn't even fair). 

CD/Michael? nothin. whole lotta smug nothin. 
(and Brando basically saying Michael hating Sonny for deciding to live his own life is childish, and he needs to grow up makes my day). 

• Love 10

Michael scoffing that Sonny "did everything for his family" is a bit rich considering he says the same thing. Also, good luck trying to remove the "stain from [your] family name."

6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

A jungle themed new set? An extension of the MC or is it a brand new set?

I think it's an extension of the MC, maybe some sort of lobby area?

• Love 1

Lol so are Brasha being relegated to being Sonny/Nina’s new couple friends? I always wonder why they’re still on the show every time they pop up so I guess they finally found a use for them. They really missed the mark on all of their 20-somethings. Everyone is varying degrees of bland or insufferable. Not one of them has any sort of spark. 

As if the word is not crazy enough these days, today found me siding with Sonny over Dante.  And Brando was right, Michael is a privileged little jerk and between the Quartermanes and Sonny he’s never really had to work for anything a day in his life.  I don’t even know who I am anymore, ha!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

He said that after weeks of being jerked around by Marshall. It might have been very different if Marshall had shared some of the truth in the beginning.

Yeah, I don’t really see what Curtis did as all that bad.  His dad comes back from the dead with no explanation at all, and Curtis is just supposed to be happy and accept it?  After spending his entire childhood fatherless?  I’m sorry, no.  It doesn’t work that way.  When Hat said he should have never come back, under the circumstances I agreed with him.  If he’s not ready to do some heavy duty explaining, then yes, he should have stayed gone.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Does anyone know if NLG is back filming? I really appreciate the difficult situation these temp recasts are put in, having to come in and play a character they don't know, plus the one take situation for a scene don't help. But Alexis finding out that Harmony killed Neil was just about the worst take. Harmony walked into Alexis's home and murdered Neil, the man Alexis was in love with and wanted a life with, while he was asleep in her bed and that scene was just incredibly monotone and devoid of any sort of emotion, which was too bad. 

Ya that was too bad when it is finally the climax of this storyline and NLG isn't there (covid?). What bugs me most is that they drag storylies out FOVEVER and they will film the climax scene without the main character ?  Couldn't hey have kicked it down the road a day or 2?

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Eh I'm no fan of Michael but Brando has no idea what things for Michael have been like.

The good times Michael was referring to today when he respected Sonny?

I could have bought Michael as a victim of brainwashing but he's in his thirties and has been aware of an alternate world for years. He knew that he was kept from his biodad and the family by lies and trickery, that Sonny murdered his father, that Sonny's power comes from "organized crime and racketeering" but he still chooses to forgive Carly and Sonny all.

Michael chooses to bribe a prosecutor when he can't get his way and lose his temper and punch out a reporter.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

It’s like Michael and Carly are pissed that Sonny isn’t going around raging out breaking glassware and threatening women.  They liked him that way.  Carly sounded pissed that Sonny cut back on drinking.  NOW Michael is all “Sonny is a mobster”, when he gave zero shits before.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I am so happy we have our people here who actually have common sense.  Honestly pretty much everywhere else on the interwebs people are crazy pants.

• Love 11

@statsgirl I agree that Michael is a spoiled jerk but no more so than Sonny. Materially Sonny has given Michael everything but emotionally no and he hadn't put him first every time either, and Michael has learned by example from Sonny.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Blackie said:

NLG isn't there (covid?).

She had back surgery.

9 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

It’s like Michael and Carly are pissed that Sonny isn’t going around raging out breaking glassware and threatening women.  They liked him that way.  Carly sounded pissed that Sonny cut back on drinking.  NOW Michael is all “Sonny is a mobster”, when he gave zero shits before.

He doesn't care that Sonny's a mobster--he's never cared.  He WANTED Sonny to go all "Nina sleeps with the fishes" after he got his memory back, so he can stop with the moral outrage.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I agree that Michael is a spoiled jerk but no more so than Sonny. Materially Sonny has given Michael everything but emotionally no and he hadn't put him first every time either, and Michael has learned by example from Sonny.

I have to say you’re right about that.  Although Michael is an adult now and needs to be his own person, he is also a product of his environment and that is a hard cycle to break.  Sonny needs to realize when you help create a monster, don’t be surprised when the monster eventually turns on you.

Even so..small voice….#teamSonny.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He doesn't care that Sonny's a mobster--he's never cared.  He WANTED Sonny to go all "Nina sleeps with the fishes" after he got his memory back, so he can stop with the moral outrage.

and this is where a good show would have someone calling the ever lasting crap out of this on Michael. like his pontificating how he would take back the Q name but Morgan was a Corinthos and he wants to share that with him - no boo. the only reason why you would take back the Q name (as in the only reason why you took it the first time) is to hurt Carly and Sonny.

and all Willow is doing is hugging him and saying this sucks. It sucks for the first time in Sonny's life that he doens't want to murder someone for something that doesn't require being murdered for?  It sucks that Sonny is trying to be a better human being (i dunno how long this phase will last, but it doesn't even really seem he cares mucho about the mobster life at all, or as much).  Michael is legit throwing a tantrum and wants to disown his father - for NOT doing mob tactics, and avowing to better the name....by continuing to do.... underhanded tactics. and Willow is fine with this.

And apparently the Q's too because i mean no one is calling him out on this crap either.. 

• Love 8

@ulkis while I hate to invoke his name because he's been Sonny's excuse for so many things, Deke was a worse stepfather than Sonny was. Deke actively and physically abused Sonny whereas Michael's abuse was because of Sonny's lifestyle and the lies he and Carly told Michael. Mike also abandoned Sonny and Deke stepped in. For all AJ's faults, he didn't abandon Michael, IIRC he even kidnapped Michael in order to have a relationship with him.

I agree that Michael has learned from his parents neither of whom put their kids ahead of their ego. But Sonny can identify the unhealthiness of his upbringing. Michael not just repeats it in his behaviour, he craves it, the times when Sonny would hurt or kill the people that he people he doesn't like.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
55 minutes ago, Blackie said:

NLG isn't there (covid?).

She had back surgery.

Was it an emergency? Isn't it kind of insulting that they couldn't plot out this climax around her time off. I admit I have no clue how to run a show, but it seems neither do the GH writers, so many stories have been dropped or taken a year to pan out. It just seems weird to me.

• Love 9

I have no idea who this replacement actress is for NLG during her recovery (best wishes, by the way) but holy cow, that woman was really bad today. Harmony was so, so much better that “Alexis” just faded away. She had almost no expression in her voice and no emotions appropriate for the action happening there. Can’t wait for NLG to get back.

• Love 10

So Harmony killed Neil because he was going to tell Willow that she wasn’t her mother. Doesn’t that break doctor/patient confidentiality? Though this is the same psychiatrist who slept with a recent ex-patient so maybe he wasn’t big on professional ethics.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

So Harmony killed Neil because he was going to tell Willow that she wasn’t her mother. Doesn’t that break doctor/patient confidentiality? Though this is the same psychiatrist who slept with a recent ex-patient so maybe he wasn’t big on professional ethics.  

right? like how was that gonna fly if that came out?

• Love 2

Didn't we find out Harmony killed Neil like two weeks ago, three?  It seems weird it's already coming out.

Not Dr. Michael Easton yelling at Lucy!  She needs to light a magic candle and banish his ass for that disrespect.  And gawd, she also had to talk to Brando, my poor girl.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2

I also agree with the others that those Harmony/Alexis scenes weren’t great. Maybe the actress is good but she wasn’t put into the best position with having to film a highly emotional scene on her first day. It’s disappointing because I’m sure NLG would have slayed the scenes realizing that the woman she’d grown close to for months over the objections of everyone in her life was the one responsible for her bf’s death and indirectly set her down that destructive path. Basically her fans missed the big payoff from this whole arc. Kind of like when they had Trina find out Taggart was alive when he was temp recasted. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What should she have done? Asking honestly. It's her husband and his father; their relationship is for them to deal with. Willow can talk to Michael afterward, but it's not her place to interfere otherwise, IMO.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works in my relationship. Have his back in front of other people, then give him my blistering "review" behind the scenes, LOL.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works in my relationship. Have his back in front of other people, then give him my blistering "review" behind the scenes, LOL.

that is me and my mom to a tee. even if i am dead wrong she'll have my back, then go. Girl what is WRONG with you, at home lol

• LOL 2

So my husband was home yesterday while I was watching and he said {about sonny} that he can't act even when it was obvious he was trying to read the cue cards and why was he such a big deal on the show?

eta:  WHY the fuck didn't Harmony push harder b/f Alexis found her? :(

one more eta; JUST FUCKING SHUT UP YOU LITTLE ENTITLED WIMP

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 3

Even Dante has bought into the story that Nina "kept" Sonny from his family. Guess if you hear the same story over and over, you start to believe it. Even hearing Sonny say that Nina didn't "keep" him doesn't seem to make a dent in it. 

Where does Finn get off lecturing Lucy on what she says to Aiden? He's not the dad or stepdad. Obviously, anything anyone says to a kid may be misunderstood by them, but it sounds like Finn feels Lucy did something malicious.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Desperado said:

This was an unfortunate day to have NLG away. I just couldn’t get into the Harmony/Alexis scenes.

I know! And while I realize the script was responsible for Alexis being slow on the uptake, not the actress, somehow her delivery plus dialogue made it seem like it was taking Alex excruciatingly long to catch on to the connection between Neil, Neil's bro, Carly's car, etc.

Edited to add something that particularly bugs me about Michael's (and others') messed up expectations of Sonny -- Amnesia is not a magic spell that you get put under and then released from. It is a brain injury. If they're mad that he came back and was disoriented about reconciling these two different existences, that's incredibly insensitive. 

I know it's a soap, and conflict is important for the drama, but the lack of this being brought up is really starting to bug me.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 9

Michael really has no ability to reflect on things. Either his father is a racketeer and mobster OR he had "honorable" principles. Both things are not compatible. Admit that your dad is/was a mobster - Ok - but also admit that the "honorable" part was just fake and don't idealize that as if he's now turned into some kind of monster.  Also, if you want to disavow his mobster activities, then go whole hog and disavow Jason, your mom (who went out of her way to preserve Sonny's "business" when he was "dead"), and any fruits of that lifestyle. I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

• Love 10

So many conflicting emotions about some of today's episode.

While I generally like Michael, him actually trying to sell that he wants to redeem the Corinthos name? Get the hell out of here with that crap. Carly and Sonny have broken up a gazillion times and cheated on each other. I don't buy that suddenly it bothers Michael because he's an adult now. And spare me the "he used to have a code" bs. Again, not the first time Sonny's cheated. More importantly, Michael asked Sonny not to hurt AJ and the son-of-a-bitch killed him anyway. As someone else said on Twitter, the writers really messed things up by having Michael forgive Sonny for that. Now it doesn't make sense for him to not forgive him for everything. Killing AJ was okay, but sleeping with Nina is a bridge too far? It sucks because I love the idea of Michael turning against either of his parents, but it's not a good look that the only time he calls out the violence and cares about it is when Sonny has personally hurt him in some way. You know this estrangement won't last and suddenly the criming is okay and he'll be a great role model for Wiley again.

It also smacks of misogynistic writing to have Michael declare only him or Wiley can restore the Corinthos good name 🙄😆. I know the conventional wisdom is that the males pass down the family name and the females take their husbands' names, but it's not always like that - especially lately. Plus, doesn't Kristina carry the Corinthos name right now?

Despite Sonny not being as odious lately, and me actually against my will liking Nina/Sonny, I haven't forgotten who Sonny is and today was a good reminder of that. While I don't think he has really done anything wrong to his family, his whine fest today was so cringeworthy. He goes off on Dante for no real reason then whines that he can't take Brando not being on side. And fuck off with the idea that everything he's ever done has been for his family. He craves power and doesn't care the danger his life has brought to his kids.

Ugh, shut up Brando. What a disgusting bootlicker he was today. Sonny's always put Michael first? How the hell would he know? He barely knows Sonny or knows everything that's gone down over the years.

I'm happy they didn't have Alexis be a total moron and she didn't believe Harmony about no one being in the car but still...damn, Alexis couldn't you have just minded your business just once? I know we weren't really close to Harmony killing Carly, but a girl can dream. Also, Harmony...you had ONE JOB. What are you a Bond villain with your monologuing and complicated plans. Stop with the talk-y, talk-y and get with the smash-y, smash-y. Just hit Carly in the head with the rock, problem solved.

I know it's probably not realistic with production schedules and whatnot, but I really wish they could have found a way to put off taping those Alexis/Harmony scenes. With everything Neil and Alexis went through, to have such a pivotal, climactic moment played by a temp! Alexis took me out of the scenes. It didn't help that the actress wasn't that great, though she wasn't helped by the writing.

• Love 8

Michael makes me hate him and Willow so much I prefer Sonny. 

So Sonny is not drinking. He's trying to make amends. But Michael preferred him before? Brando was right, Michael has been a spoiled brat raised like that from day one.  

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I think we know what happened to the stock when Pier One went out of business.

That said, I do give them props for having a budget to invest in a set. That said, the two person table with the succulent wall probably saved them some money to invest in a new set. LOL!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

So my husband was home yesterday while I was watching and he said {about sonny} that he can't act even when it was obvious he was trying to read the cue cards and why was he such a big deal on the show?

my husband says this all the time as well. Its like a running joke in our house now.

• LOL 2

Replacement Alexis was rough. I’m talking Jennifer Bransford rough. I know it was last minute but perhaps a more seasoned daytime actress with a familiar face would have been a better choice. Don’t ask me to name any. That’s not my job. LOL!!!! Too bad NLG was unable to do theses reveal scenes with now nutty Harmony. I think it’s hysterical that they signed the actress to a contract to totally ruin the character and most likely write her out.