Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

What Sam did was just so, so stupid. And right there in the restaurant. She only half heartedly defended herself because she knew how shitty it was. Don’t get me wrong the PCPD are pretty inept (awesome password Dante 🙄) but does she actually think she could do better?

8 hours ago, Aymery said:

Meanwhile the LGBTQ+ characters get non-entities like Chet as their love interest (why not match Teri with someone like Drew, and have the relationship, and people's reactions to it, play out onscreen?) 

Ooh that could be good. I’m not a huge Teri fan (all that Biz stuff and mean girl attitude towards Britt turned me off) but my man Cameron is just sitting on the sidelines and he deserves a juicy story!

18 hours ago, racked said:

Maybe it’s just that Avery Pohl is very good. 

She is very good. Now if only the writers could pick a damn lane for her character! I want to see more Esme/Ryan creepiness, this whole teen story is just not working for me at all. 

20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's her job to win. I hate that the show hates the office of the DA. 

It kind of reminds me when Sam’s PO was vilified for you know, doing her job. Stupid laws!

God dammit I’m so mad at myself but I am really liking Sonny and Nina. He just laughs and smiles so easily with her. It’s obvious Mo is enjoying this. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 9

Drew, you are deadtome. 

Shut up, Spinelli.

The holdup was so lame. This was supposed to upset me? Pfft. And gross that Brando wants Sasha to find his part in the takedown sexy. 

Good for Dante for reading Sam the riot act. She was so wrong. "It's not like it was stealing government secrets or tampering with evidence." Isn't stealing an official file tampering with evidence? Or is it just stealing an official file?

Also good for Cam for telling Spencer what's what, even if Spencer finally admitted he knows Esmé made the recording. All of what Cam said is still true.

• Love 11

Today on Gaslight Hospital:

Carly: "Maybe I should pour that energy into me." OMG, when do you not make it all about yourself.

Drew says he's trying to save Carly from herself. Seriously, why are you bothering? You're just becoming JasonV2, saving Carly and not calling her on her stuff.

Trina: "Oh Josslyn, you're such a wonderful friend."

Sam is all sadz because Dante told her not to do illegal stuff on his phone. Boo hoo.

Speaking of boundaries, Cameron you don't have to tell Joss everything. She's not part of your. And better believe it, she would keep things from  you if it helped your mobby family.

The scenes in the gym looked like it was for Brook Lynn and Chase to do their teenangst rather than anything to do with Maxie, Austin or Spinelli.

Good for Nina for grabbing the gun instead of running into a corner and cowering. But no, no one would want to take that cheap necklace.

Didn't Victor want Charlies? Is it his goons who attacked?

1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And this is all moot once Steve Burton comes roostering back into the fold.

CM should be cheering then.

6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The stupid part is that she doesn't even have to mention him.  She ran into Jordan minutes after she was with Spencer, so if the time stamp on the video (or whatever technology is involved in finding out the time the video was uploaded) shows anything, Trina can just point out that she was talking to Jordan at that exact same time. 

It could have been a delayed upload. Not even Spencer for her alibi excludes her.

13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Normal if it was ten or even five years later.  But right now, she's in her first year of college and he's past that and has a job.

Trina has a very responsible job herself. You don't need university to join the police force, just a 2 year community college course.

Nothing much is going to happen with them now that we know that Spencer is Team Trina but that educational mismatch would bother me more.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I hope Dante actually changed all his passwords, instead of counting on Sam behaving well after getting caught. Fool me once...

Considering his password was easy enough for the worst PI in GH history to guess, I wouldn’t claim Dante is exactly firing on all cylinders either 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He's waaaayyyy too old for her.  NuTrina just turned 20 and the actor who plays Rory is 31.  

Maybe he’s playing a younger character? 25 maybe? I saw more chemistry with him today (in his nice blue t-shirt) then with Spencer.

On top of her soft voice, NuTrina is quite petite which makes her scenes with a tall opposite actor, emoting loudly, underwhelming to me.

I did like NuTrina with Joss though and still very much like Cam/Spencer scenes.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Same here. I keep thinking, 'Get a voice coach and drop it a register as [insert name of famous woman] did.' No matter how much fire she puts into her acting, her voice nullifies it.

I will say - as someone who has a baby voice. (like I legit sound if I am nine. when i answer the phone and it's like student loans, or official people - i ALWAYS get this pause of ".... wait is this MISS Daisy? bleh bleh." even my best friends take a moment) - it's hard to talk at a register lower all the time.  I try to do it at work and it's murder.  I remember too Eliza Dushku (Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) did the same thing  and when she left the role she was saying that talking in that deep register constantly did a number on her voice and she wouldn't do it again. 

I get that it can sound annoying and people feel it can impact a performance, but at the same time... honestly. we baby voice sounders can't help it. that's how the timbre vibrates i guess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I don’t understand Sam’s pov. They’ve already done Sam jeopardizing Dante’s investigation to do her own so that’s not new. But why is she bothering with this when she doesn’t know Trina or Esme and has almost no relationship with Joss? Their angst is very plot pointy. Even though Carly originally asked her to get info, she said no but then she just magically changed her mind because she can’t help herself? And yeah, this is why Dante should have never randomly included her in other investigations. He already crossed a line which is why she didn’t think looking at his email was a big deal until it was explained to her. 

• Love 5
On 4/13/2022 at 12:42 PM, statsgirl said:

I thought Sasquatch territory was the Pacific Northwest? Try a Wendigo.

Upstate New York is not unbelievable for a Sasquatch.  Besides Wendigos eat people and Carly has an alibi.

21 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

So now we know, I think, that whomever is terrorizing Liz is living in the attic. (Obviously, that could include a DID alternate.) I am pretty sure Cameron said that he checked the closets and under the beds, but not something like an attic.

Cam and Joss are kinda boring.  I kinda skipped this after Joss talked about deleting her social media accounts after getting all the creepy messages asking for feet pics (OK, she didn't say that, but you know she's getting them).

As for whoever is terrorizing Liz hiding in the attic, someone should notice that pink insulation being tracked all around the house (even if it is one of Liz's DID alters).  I'm sure it's a fakeout to throw us off the trail of the DID story no one wants.  I can think of better options, like Liz's house is haunted and Cam, Joss, Spencer and Trina get a great dane and investigate.  Or, I know we're supposed to forget Sarah existed, but maybe she's been living up there the whole time and no one noticed? 

On 4/13/2022 at 1:04 PM, YaddaYadda said:

His password is dumb.

D-U-M-B.  That might stump Sam.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Why was Spinelli on the show doing stuff which was not investigating who posted the video?

Shouldn't the Jackal have this cracked by now?

I ffd through most of today.

Sam is such a dud, I hope that is THE END of Sante, maybe this will free up Dante for Britt, or at least they can have some hot rebound sex.

• Love 7

WL is a better actor away from his role as a Joss prop. 

The rest of today was laughable: Sonny takes out yet another young, armed thug with a couple of grandpa punches, Nina announces that the thieves wanted her stupid doesn't-even-remotely-look-like-gold necklace, Drew tries to think of even greater superlatives to describe Carly, Sam ponders why breaking into her boyfriend's phone was bad, Brooklyn gives her pained yearning face a real work out. 

Does Drew even notice that none of these people ever ask him how HE is doing? 

Edited by TVbitch
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Even though Carly originally asked her to get info, she said no but then she just magically changed her mind because she can’t help herself?

Yes. She such a great PI (except for that time Drew made her wear skirts) that she knew that she must solve the mystery. Besides, Carly asked her to get the information and only villains don't do what the great Carly asks. And Dante left his phone there, it's really his fault that Sam looked.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Some of the most enjoyable scenes are between WL and NC, when it's just them.. I really love the Cam/Spencer scenes, and they play so fantastically off of each other.  I would totally watch a buddy movie with those two. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Some of the most enjoyable scenes are between WL and NC, when it's just them.. I really love the Cam/Spencer scenes, and they play so fantastically off of each other.  I would totally watch a buddy movie with those two. 

By a very large margin, these were the best scenes of the day.   WL is so much more interesting as an actor away from Eden McCoy--probably because she's basically doing a LW impersonation and it leaves no room for him to do anything but let her steer the bus.  But with NC there's a really back-and-forth that just works.

Also, Drew?  I know it's been a long time since you got laid and maybe that's messing with your mind, but telling Carly she's NOT a vindictive, hateful person?  Have ya MET Carly?

Here comes Brando the Mob Boy.  Oh, joy.  And, as it can never be said enough: butt the fuck out of Maxie's life, Spinelli.  You're not her knight in shining armor.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

By a very large margin, these were the best episodes of the day.   WL is so much more interesting as an actor away from Eden McCoy--probably because she's basically doing a LW impersonation and it leaves no room for him to do anything but let her steer the bus.  But with NC there's a really back-and-forth that just works.

Can't Eden just pull a Sydney and leave to attend college full-time? If they could get back Hannah Nordberg, that would be AWESOME. She's my favorite actress that played Joss.

19 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He's waaaayyyy too old for her.  NuTrina just turned 20 and the actor who plays Rory is 31.  

That really isn’t way too old, and maybe his character is younger.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Can't Eden just pull a Sydney and leave to attend college full-time? If they could get back Hannah Nordberg, that would be AWESOME. She's my favorite actress that played Joss.

Was that Children of the Corn Joss? I liked her deadpan delivery.

So the letter from Nanny Maggie pretty much confirms that Esme is Ryan’s daughter right?  I wonder who the mother could be.  Yes if this were real life it would be some rando he met in the early 2000s,  but with SORASing, you never know.

So sad for Drew.  He went from a hot bearded badass to Carly’s personal rah-rah squad.  And speaking of Carly, her ‘I choose myself’ line made me realize that she is Kelly Taylor (used to be fun to watch, but is now a sneering and self-righteous pain in the butt.)

• Love 5

Honestly. I will pray very hard that this blows up so much harder than when Michael's idea to have Nina charged for fraud was a good one.

Willow, I don't think you can be all "you broke up a marriage!" when... you know. you broke up yours the same way. just saying." at least Nina thought the marriage was over. 

i don't know. i keep seeing people (and these people) saying Nina is playing the victim and i am like... well no she's not. She did crap. she knows it. she apologized for it. she honestly got snowed in by it (stupidly). 

i just find it stupid. how is this a human interest piece when Sonny has destroyed families forever. 

Again. Carly needs to legit look up everytime she speaks for lightning strikes. 

that green screen was horrible. 

• Love 8

Sonny to Carly: "Do we have to rehash this again?"  Sonny is me.

Phyllis, you not only knew about Nina and Sonny, you encouraged it.

Lucy being all blushing about Martin to Laura was so cute.

Michael and Willow admit that they want the story on Nina to come out before the hearing so that it will influence the judge. Scum. And why would Nina sleeping with Sonny blow up on social media? She's not a Kardashian.  Michael is such a pill.

Willow and Michael to Harmony: "You've owned your mistakes. Nina didn't" conveniently forgetting that Nina's apology tour is now going on 6 months.

Tbh I'm rooting for Smotz to dig up all the dirt on Michael and Willow.

Oh look, Carly goes to Sonny's gastropub to bitch at him. You divorced him, if there are sharks smelling blood in the water it's nothing to do with you. Give what Nina did a rest! And again, you are not Avery's mother. And Sonny did pick his family over Nina, he just wasn't willing to kill her like you wanted.

Liz, it really is an awful communication strategy. Finn should have said that it would give Chase meaning till he could go back to his job.

Heather Webber is in Darkham Asylum. 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 11

So we had to waste screentime on Sonny/Carly’s pointless conversation just so Carly would be at Charlie’s for Phyllis, whose she’s maybe spoken to once before, to randomly drop that she knew Harmony? Is it just me or is the show trying to find a purpose for Carly to be onscreen even worse than usual? Most of her scenes are rehashing the same dialogue, giving her opinion about things that only peripherally involve her, or shoving her into other people’s SLs. Despite having the most screentime and the perfect opportunity to do something new with the character, they seem to have little to no interest in giving her an actual SL of her own, which is truly bizarre to me. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Is it just me or is the show trying to find a purpose for Carly to be onscreen even worse than usual?

Yes. Yes, they are, which is on par with everything this show does to involve Carly in every single storyline they can think of. And she is now officially in the whole Nina is Willow's mother storyline. Even Alexis didn't get the chance to find out that Harmony worked at the clinic Nina was hospitalized at.

Did anyone else find the way they filmed the Harmony/Brandon scenes weird? Like maybe it was done in front of a green screen or something? I did like the scenes and I really wish Neil's brother had gone to Michael with the truth to see what he would do. Somehow, I think that Michael would have done exactly what Neil's brother thought he would do, which is keep the truth from Willow.

If Willow had spoken to Michael the way she spoke to Nina, he would have called her a psycho and compared her to Nelle. And for the bagillionth time, Sonny was not Nina's victim nor was he kidnapped by her. That whole "journalistic" piece already sounds like complete crap and I wish that TMZ-wannabe dude would just go away. I hate TMZ.

I don't know what the Sonny/Carly scene was needed for. What is it with Carly and Michael and their constant and continued airing of grievances? Sonny is a fucking adult. I feel like a crazy person, going on and on in my head about how they should leave him the hell alone. I always thought that Sonny was incredibly toxic, but apparently, 90% of the toxicity came from Carly and Michael.

Like seriously, my world if off kilter right now.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

So we had to waste screentime on Sonny/Carly’s pointless conversation just so Carly would be at Charlie’s for Phyllis, whose she’s maybe spoken to once before, to randomly drop that she knew Harmony? Is it just me or is the show trying to find a purpose for Carly to be onscreen even worse than usual? Most of her scenes are rehashing the same dialogue, giving her opinion about things that only peripherally involve her, or shoving her into other people’s SLs. Despite having the most screentime and the perfect opportunity to do something new with the character, they seem to have little to no interest in giving her an actual SL of her own, which is truly bizarre to me. 

it's tiresome.  it's like they legit don't know what to do with her now that she can't lust after Jason. i truly believe that this boring storyline was supposed to go somewhere completely different - but with Jason gone they had to re-do carly's bits and her bits is basically shove her where it can plausibly work even if it doesn't. 

chances are she's going to latch on t the fact she's Willow' mom an then keep it secret for reasons which is TOTALLY okay with her because she' doing it but god forbid someone ELSE keeps secrets ever

42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael and Willow admit that they want the story on Nina to come out before the hearing so that it will influence the judge. Scum. And why would Nina sleeping with Sonny blow up on social media? She's not a Kardashian.  Michael is such a pill.

i guess the same reason everyone cares about Joss's sex tape? Like its kind of weird and i know people have commented on that the show can't decide if they are just...a small seaside town like the Hamptons i guess with rich people and stuff - or if they are basically NYC 2.0 but smaller. like Joss has wealthy parents - but she's not a socialite. she's not... known. really. she's not in the media's eye (outside of this) so why (even being the step daughter of a mobster) did it blow up THAT much? 

I mean I think Nina is supposed to be like Miranda Priestly (Devil Wears Prada) so she i more socialite-y in the press more often but - i mean again what's the story exactly. Nina slept with Sonny - after she was told by him the marriage was over. like I doubt anyone in that situation would be all "Okay just HOLD that thought let me verify this with your wife, and then ask your son and his girlfriend if this is okay and then we'll have sexy times. one moment!!"

and again like what if it come out (again) that Carly hid the fact about Nina's child and was willing to take that to her grave? What if it come out that Oh yeah Nina did try to tell Carly but basically Carly threatened Nina based on false information (again not saying that Nina was right to keep it secret but still). how about the fact that Sonny said in court that he never saw himself as a victim? But you're still gonna push this storyline how they were traumatized? (Without mentioning that Sonny would never have been missing for a year if he didn't decide to go kill Julian Jerome). like that's the story they are pushing. Big bad Nina kept the mobster kingpin who was persumed dead because he was gonna go murder someone away from Port Charles for 1/2 a year yet Nina can't see the grandson, but Carly who was wanting to be mob queen can and said Mobking  can. 

like come on show. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

hances are she's going to latch on t the fact she's Willow' mom an then keep it secret for reasons which is TOTALLY okay with her because she' doing it but god forbid someone ELSE keeps secrets ever

She’ll keep it to herself to “protect Willow” when really it’s because she hates Nina. Same justification she used with Nelle

• Love 7

My cable recap literally reads "Chase gets out of the shower to answer a call." Thanks for the head's up, Spectrum!

"I was just...nowhere near your neighborhood and thought I'd say hi." LOL.

Carly looks like she just floated over from the lanai. Hee. She looks great, btw.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Phyllis, you not only knew about Nina and Sonny, you encouraged it.

OMG, I KNOW. Shut up, Phyllis. (Sorry, Joyce Guy; it's not your fault.)

Ugh, Willow and Michael are so smug. 

Knowing Brick is taking over for Jason isn't exactly comforting, Sonny.

I really want a stray bullet to take out Smoltz. The character is awful and the actor is wildly overplaying it. Nina basically kidnapped Sonny and kept that stupid grandson away from him for nearly a year?!

If Neil never used drugs, even when he was experimenting as a kid, what exactly was he experimenting with?

• Love 11

Ok, today was the third time that Liz has mentioned taking a sleep aid to help her sleep.  So what if everything that's happening isn;'t DID, but her sleep walking/sleep behaving because of the meds she's taking.  Also Chase and Liz would be so pretty together.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Neil never used drugs, even when he was experimenting as a kid, what exactly was he experimenting with?

with the stuff that makes Sonny a Mobster 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina basically kidnapped Sonny and kept that stupid grandson away from him for nearly a year?!

That's what Michael and Willow told him. Unless he is told differently (and Alexis sure didn't), that's all he has to go on.

But really Smoltz you promised that you were going to dig up dirt on both sides of the story. Where is the dirt on Michael and Willow?

19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Hee. He must have been the only wild college kid who didn't try drugs.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

My cable recap literally reads "Chase gets out of the shower to answer a call.

Well at least we know there is something worth watching for!!

• LOL 5

Alexis - aren't YOU the editor in chief??? OF COURSE you can kill the story! Haven't you watched "Lou Grant", or even "All the President's Men"? The EIC can place whatever conditions they want on potential articles. Usually this is to cover the paper / website's butt in case of legal problems, but killing (aka spiking) stories for other reasons isn't unknown. Don't let that little twerp reporter think he can dictate terms. 

• Love 3

Darn, my DVR thought today’s episode was a repeat and didn’t record and I didn’t think to check beforehand. This is the thing that happens with these preemptions. Unlike days of old though, I can catch the episode tomorrow on ABC.com or Hulu tonight(?)

14 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Darn, my DVR thought today’s episode was a repeat and didn’t record and I didn’t think to check beforehand. This is the thing that happens with these preemptions. Unlike days of old though, I can catch the episode tomorrow on ABC.com or Hulu tonight(?)

yeah my PVR had the same issue it thought it was an old episode. 

you should probably be able to watch it online yah :)

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

My cable recap literally reads "Chase gets out of the shower to answer a call."

Mine too.  But it was literally a nano second scene so someone coming into the episode a minute late would totally have missed it.  And would be sitting there waiting for Chase to get out of the shower!!!

Willow and Michael are so smug. 

And hypocritical.  must be a day ending in a Y.  They want to get the story out before the hearing to hopefully influence the judge but if Nina had done that they'd literally be frothing at the mouth at the audacity.  

kept that stupid grandson away from him for nearly a year?!

Dear show, please stop saying that Nina kept Sonny away for 9 months.  It was not 9, at most it was 6.  If you wanted it to be 9, then you should have writter it to be 9.  Just like if you never wanted to mention again, that Sonny did absolutely fuck all to find out his true identity in the 4 months before Nina showed up, then you shouldn't have written that Sonny did absolutely fuck all to find out his true identity.  Because that shit will piss off your fans.  

Where does one purchase giant ass needles to inject blackmailers with and what was in that thing?  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Where is the dirt on Michael and Willow?

Well, Willow did warn Harmony that shit would come out that would be uncomfortable, namely the Shiloh stuff.  But I'm guessing the first article will be all Nina bashing and anyone reading it won't care when the Millow stuff shows up.  

• Love 3

I hope Michael and Willow fucking during their stupid son's birthday party gets its day in the sun. And their general terrible behavior while Chase was sick. That's not too far off the level of Nina not telling anyone about Sonny.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope Michael and Willow fucking during their stupid son's birthday party gets its day in the sun. And their general terrible behavior while Chase was sick. That's not too far off the level of Nina not telling anyone about Sonny.

but it's different
they were saving Chase's feelings.  because knowing the truth would have killed him faster apparently. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but it's different
they were saving Chase's feelings.  because knowing the truth would have killed him faster apparently. 

Yes, behaving badly for a good reason is always going to work. Tricky part is to get everyone to agree that it really was a good reason and not just a convenient rationalization. 

Shallow point: The more they show Chase partially dressed, the less sense it makes to me that Willow chose Michael.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Shallow point: The more they show Chase partially dressed, the less sense it makes to me that Willow chose Michael.

i know this is each their own. but i still don't think Willow loves Michael for Michael. She love Michael because he come w/Wiley - and that she still hasn't truly come to terms with her kid that died. 

• Love 15

Did Harmony have a coupon for the extra large syringes? Jesus God, that thing could OD King Kong! It had like a quart of heroin in it! She could barely hide it behind her back! 

Is it too late for Neil's brother to join the PCPD, cuz he is apparently WAY better at deductive reasoning and solving crimes than anyone working there.  (Is that a syringe? Is this heroin?! OMG you killed Neil!!!)

And finally, WTF that they are standing two feet from a deadly cliff! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

It's not even close to being shallow for me. Every time Chase is partially dressed, every time he opens his mouth, every time he banters with his brother, holds babies.

Honestly, though, Chase can do a hell of a lot better than that vapid snake. 

Is it too much to hope that he and Michael are never friends again?

• Love 13

I forgot to mention I like the Aiden-Ouija story. It's the kind of soap story for a kid I enjoy. I also laughed when he was amazed Laura knew what a Ouija board was. It's like when my nieces are shocked I know the words to songs like "Girls Just Want to Have Fun." 

Just now, TVbitch said:

Across from the Pennsylvania side of Port Charles, duh.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

People from Port Charles should always stay away from cliffs and bridges. No good ever comes of it. It would be interesting if Neil's brother fell into a river and ended up in Nixon Falls. 

• LOL 11