Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

What a refreshing change of pace to have a holiday episode with characters acting in an appropriately festive manner, and not, you know, planting bombs or running from the law or dying, like we got at Thanksgiving/Christmas. A low-key, normal Valentine's Day celebration PLUS a Friday free from Carly and Sonny was exactly what I needed.

Britt finding a way to get Brad into the hospital to spend time Valentine's Day with her was cute; their friendship really is a testament to the endurance of love. I'm enjoying Britt a lot these days and I even shamefully like her scenes with Jason. I don't know if the show will turn this into a true thing or if I would even support that happening, but there's chemistry there (more than other pairings, certainly *looks to Dante and Sam*) and that's enough for me right now. 

Was that a glass cloche containing a cockroach that Ava received? That feels like some Spencer bullshit to me. I don't know who else would have the means and the motivation to send such an usually pointed yet understated gift. That's a gift that says "I think you're a shitty person" in a classy, hoity-toity way.

I think it's sweet that after all these years, Molly and TJ are solidifying their commitment on their own terms. Kristina was tolerable here in her role as big sis (didn't miss Sam at all), and again, these scenes were remarkable for how ordinary it all was. More of this kind of content, please, GH. This show can be something resembling good when it's not consumed by Carly's arrogant nonsense or Sonny's pointless, out of touch with reality detour as "Mike."

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that the PC Grill is suddenly the place to be, not the MetroCourt restaurant.

<snip>

I feel for Franco losing his hair. That's happened to me and it's gross. You think you're prepared for it and then it happens, and you realize it's entirely different from what you expected.

1.  I don't know. It still looks like the Metro Court set to me--with darker lighting. But I don't care as I really don't pay that much attention. It makes me sad and wish for the days when the soaps had money to spend on really good sets.
  2. Truth! Y'all know it happened to me--and like I said then: knowing you'll lose your hair (chemo for me) and actually seeing it happen? Knowing doesn't prepare you, and for me, whose thick, wavy hair was the best thing I loved about myself, and losing it in fried chunks--was absolutely devastating. I don't care how shallow that makes me sound.
5 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Curtis is looking more and more like a jerk that only wants to end his marriage so he can move on the Porsha.

Not to be nitpicky, but it's Portia.

• Love 7

Granted, Sofia Mattsson would look gorgeous in a burlap sack, but seriously?! Did she ding the head of wardrobe's car or something? On Valentine's day they put her in a dress for a stage show in Vegas. Only thing missing was the headdress. 

I'm not sure what the general consensus on Brando is, maybe I need to go to the unpopular opinions thread, but I really like him. The actor is talented and easy on the eyes. And he has chemistry with everyone. I admit to awing today over his heart eyes at Sasha. 

• Love 4

I love Brando's green grippy sock. Hee.

This hour seemed very long. 

3 minutes ago, Linny said:

Sonny's pointless, out of touch with reality detour as "Mike."

Pointless is being generous. This story is such a nonstarter.

"I'll even use the siren." Hee. My grandpa drove an ambulance, and he'd give us rides around the block with the siren on when we were little kids. (It was a small town and everyone knew everyone, so it wasn't a huge problem.)

• Love 4

The Molly and Kristina scenes were so much nicer without Sam. She's really being a bitch these days.

TJ needs to learn how to say 'No'.  Otherwise Molly's partnership with him will consist of waiting around for him to find time for her.

Are we supposed to think that Franco sent the cockroach as an indication that he was reverting to Psycho Franco again?  It was very tastefully glassed.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to make of Cameron these days other than he's hypervigilant. And never going to Stanford.

14 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And why has Sonny never been fingerprinted before? Wouldn’t that be an excellent way to try and identify an amnesiac? So it’s not just PC, apparently the cops are stupid all over the east coast.

And Britt! You have incriminating evidence against someone you’re trying to bring down, so you leave it on a network he has access to? And leave your backup(s!) on the same network? What the hell. Your supervillain parents would be very disappointed in you.

Sonny refused to be fingerprinted. That should have been their first clue.

I don't know why Britt didn't transfer the data to a USB key. Or several if it's that important. They have ones that hold 64 GB now, more than enough room.

40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I feel for Franco losing his hair. That's happened to me and it's gross. You think you're prepared for it and then it happens, and you realize it's entirely different from what you expected.

Someone should tell Franco to cut his hair because then it's less noticeable.

But the loss of self is still going to be there. I thought that I had accepted the idea but it was awful when it happened. Also cold.

29 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

But seriously. Willow is getting really comfortable living in the tree house. Why does William need to have a kitchen island? wouldn't she just come to the main house when she wants time with him? 🙄. Wasn't this arrangement because Franco could hurt her 🙄? Dude can barely walk on his own so she can move now. Is she Williams legal parent yet or are they going to drag that out until Nina is done with Carly? Or until Nelle comes back from the dead.

If I said that "it would be nice to have a kitchen island" and my landlord proceeded to guy my house and have dirt and construction people over, I would be really pissed off. Also Willow, for a kid Wylie's age, it's safer to sit at a kitchen table because there's less height to fall if he wiggles out of the chair you've got him in.

• Love 6
Just now, statsgirl said:

The Molly and Kristina scenes were so much nicer without Sam. She's really being a bitch these days.

I thought exactly the same thing. Sam is so dour lately that she sucks the energy out of scenes so I was glad to see Kristina in the big sister role today. Kristina and Molly haven’t had solo scenes in a few years so it was a nice surprise. Actually Kristina was much better with Alexis earlier this week than Sam has been as well so maybe they are writing her character a little more mature finally. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Do the writers realize Willow is being written somewhere between an airhead and a bitch? She won't tell Michael how she feels but keeps going on dates with Chase only to spend all their time talking about Michael and demon spawn. And Chase is just a dumb love addict. I no longer think Nelle manipulated him. She just said "Hi" and he decided to save her.  Her taste is getting more expensive than his wallet can afford. Michael is still SLS.

The whole date between Chase and Willow was all kinds of tragic. It's not our wine guy, but Michael brought us a tutor in wine so that we can learn all about it. Like WTF! I thought it was a total lack of imagination on Michael's part. Shocking, I know! Get a wine guy which was Willow and Chase's thing. And the way she kept talking and talking about Michael and how he gives her everything she basically wants was pretty off putting. Why is she with Chase when she seems to prefer Michael?

I don't get why Sasha still wants him. She seems to be the one with the most level head and could tell there was something bwtn Millow. The way her and Brando eye#@&$!@, she doesn't have to waste her time.

I don't think Sasha still wants him. I think she thinks that she does because of everything she went through after breaking up with him. If breaking up with him caused her to be as miserable as she was, so much so that she started doing drugs to the point where she almost died, then she must still be hung up on him. But I think that her scenes with Brando signaled something completely different and it seems like Michael actually noticed.

So as far as I can tell, Chase is the odd man out in this little weird ass shaped thing. I think it's possible that they will move him on to BL whenever she comes back. Plus there's that whole paternity thing hanging over his head.

• Love 12

While I don’t think it was their intention, Willow’s Michael talk during their date made her sound shallow and materialistic. She was giving me gold digger vibes so I almost preferred it being about Wiley. I’m sure we’re just supposed to see that she really fell for Michael during their MoC but they should have probably went with something else other than gushing over him spending money to redo the Gatehouse and hiring a wine guy to show their growing connection. I don’t know, I don’t care who she ends up since I’ve found her kind of blah for awhile. I guess for me, she needed Shiloh and MSt’s Nina to bounce off of because I haven’t been interested in the character since. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Someone should tell Franco to cut his hair because then it's less noticeable.

You often lose most or all of it, so a haircut only hides things for so long. I'll be curious to see how far they take this with Franco.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

She was giving me gold digger vibes

I didn't get that at all. Michael is the one who's being creepy here, IMO. If he still wants to be with Willow, he should use his words and tell her, not try to buy her with all sorts of home improvements and wine-tasting lessons. Yuck.

Edited by dubbel zout
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

Molly looks older than Kristina now. The actress is aging slowly lol.

I literally did not recognize Molly at first. She really needs to stop with the “enhancements”. Those lips are tragic.

Willow: “Michael, Michael, Michael!” (said in Jan Brady voice, but a more worshipful tone.) We get it, Willow loves Michael but can’t admit it to herself. Michael loves Willow, but can’t admit it to himself. Making 30-year-olds act like high school kids with secret crushes is not helping this interminable storyline.

Of course Jason shot Brando in order to save him. Of course Jason will now help Britt cheer up sick kids. Apparently Sam truly was the anchor that was weighing down his inner superhero. Now that he’s free, who knows what heights of kindness and compassion he can reach! 

Brad and Britt as V-day buddies made me smile.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

While I don’t think it was their intention, Willow’s Michael talk during their date made her sound shallow and materialistic. She was giving me gold digger vibes so I almost preferred it being about Wiley.

I know their circumstances are unique, to say the least, but in what universe is it cool to talk about another dude while you're out on a date? 

She would've made those scenes insufferable, probably finding a reason to make a dig about Alexis's drinking while sounding like she herself had just downed a few Xanax.

The Trina/Cam/Joss scenes played like a bad after school special--with Joss of course being the rah-rah voice of positivity. 

Elizabeth's hair looked all kinds of great.  And, yeah, felt bad about Franco pulling out that clump of hair.  My sister shaved her head before that started to happen to her, but it's got to be jarring.

• Love 8

This version of the Port Charles Grill has only been around for 2 days and now apparently it has been become the latest hotspot. And Curtis was at some nameless club as well.

I remember when I used to go the restaurants and bars. Sigh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I know most here don't like him, but I felt bad for Franco. He's nauseous and losing his hair! Poor guy. He tried to make it through dinner for Liz, and I think that was sweet. I really enjoy Friz. They are good together, and I really want to see Franco get a miracle cure! 

Loved seeing Nava!! We do NOT get enough of them, IMO. Instead of watching every move/decision Carly makes, I'd much rather watch Nava, Friz, Chase (w/o Willow), Fanna, etc.

The Cam/Trina/Joss scenes were good. It's good that they came by to cheer up Cameron. 

I also know this guy is hated by many . . . but I LOVE Brad! I always have!! He and Britt are great together! They have a great chemistry. And for me, Brad will always be the most interesting character when it comes to Brad/Lucas/Felix. I'm Team Brad all the time! The other two are so self-righteous and judgmental. 

I cannot stand the quad. IMO, Chase and Sasha are too good for Willow and Michael. Michael and Willow are two cowardly, trash individuals. Who goes on a Valetine's Day date w/someone and gushes about another man?!?! Why is Willow wasting Chase's time? It's obvious she wants to be w/Michael. I know she thinks Michael wants Sasha, but what does that have to do w/Chase? She doesn't want Chase anymore. She's no longer in love w/him, so why string him along like this even if Michael wants Sasha? It's just trash behavior. Why not be a woman and tell Michael you want him and tell Chase it's over?!?! And Michael - I see he's right back to using Sasha like he did before. He never wanted Sasha. He's always wanted Willow. He is such a coward. Michael and Willow behave like pre-teens. I hate everything about those two and just wish the writers would put them together already. I'm sick of them. And I need Chase to get a clue about Willow using him. I think Sasha has her head on straight when it comes to Michael, but Chase is a bit deluded when it comes to Willow! 

I don't remember if anyone else was on today, but it was very nice to get a break from Carly! I swear she's been on every single day for like two straight months. 

Oh, yeah . . . the Portia/Curtis scenes were nice.

Are commitment ceremonies that formal? I guess I didn't think Tolly would need to involve a judge or whatever they were doing. 

• Love 11

In other news, I loved that gossipy couple spotting Franco coming into the restaurant and being like, "We out!".  Because seriously, that is how a normal person reacts to seeing a SERIAL KILLER from the newspapers in their space.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't get that at all. Michael is the one who's being creepy here, IMO. If he still wants to be with Willow, he should use his words and tell her, not try to buy her with all sorts of home improvements and wine-tasting lessons. Yuck.

Michael is a manipulative douche masquerading as a nice guy.  He is being so generous to Willow because he is trying to get her back.  

• Love 18

I know it will all work out for Mikey, but I did enjoy watching him pout as Willow left with Chase, and then get cock-blocked again by Brando and Sasha making goo goo eyes. He may have cash, but he has zero charisma. CD must have some serious TMJ or something, cuz every scene he is in I find myself becoming fixated by him constantly grinding his jaw one way then they other. How does he even have any teeth left?! Someone get Mikey a mouthguard!  

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

When Michael said to Sasha that sometimes you lose relationships when things change, I assume by his hangdog expression that he was thinking of Willow.  But he really is such a drip. He doesn't have any original ideas of his own, he steals the wine connection idea from what Willow had with Chase and he goes overboard on a renovation that she didn't want. Is he hoping that Willow will fall for his money and his offspring because deep down he knows that he has nothing to offer in his own personality?

I really liked Britt and Brad spending Valentine's Day together. She's right, Valentine's Day can really suck.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But awww at Britt springing Brad from prison for a V-Day hang.

It was sweet, but then (IMO) Brad ruined it by complaining that he was sitting there making Valentines for others. Good for Britt for scolding him that the Valentines are for kids in the hospital. I guess PS deserves credit for making me loathe Brad. It seems like regardless of the circumstances, Brad feels sorry for himself instead of considering how he's hurt/betrayed Lucas or anyone else. 

6 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

.Jason gave Brita a flirtatious smirk. Sam weeps.

Reveal spoiler

I saw speculation that it could be tumor Franco but I don't know what that was based on.

Thanks for confirming; I wondered if I was seeing things because the concept of Jason smiling or flirting is shocking.

6 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Granted, Sofia Mattsson would look gorgeous in a burlap sack, but seriously?! Did she ding the head of wardrobe's car or something? On Valentine's day they put her in a dress for a stage show in Vegas. 

This isn't the first time wardrobe has done such a thing. I recall Carly showing up to a wedding, wearing a dress that looked like she was about to perform in an Ice Capades show.

5 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I thought exactly the same thing. Sam is so dour lately that she sucks the energy out of scenes so I was glad to see Kristina in the big sister role today. Kristina and Molly haven’t had solo scenes in a few years so it was a nice surprise. Actually Kristina was much better with Alexis earlier this week than Sam has been as well so maybe they are writing her character a little more mature finally. 

I was SHOCKED to see Kristina being a sweet, supportive big sister instead of an immature, pouting brat. She didn't force anyone to focus on herself as a daughter in mourning.

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Michael said to Sasha that sometimes you lose relationships when things change, I assume by his hangdog expression that he was thinking of Willow.  But he really is such a drip. He doesn't have any original ideas of his own, he steals the wine connection idea from what Willow had with Chase and he goes overboard on a renovation that she didn't want. Is he hoping that Willow will fall for his money and his offspring because deep down he knows that he has nothing to offer in his own personality?

A) It's hard to get a relationship/friendship back when he kneed Chase in the junk as Chase tried to apologize. Such as ass.

B) Yes.

I genuinely enjoyed seeing Trina and Joss show up to offer Cam love and support on Valentine's Day!  He deserves the attention! I'm glad they found out that he got accepted to Stanford!  As for Franco, the couple heckling at the restaurant and before that the radiologist who refused to work with Franco because Franco had hurt someone they loved in the past are rare instances of this Show involving some realism in Elizabeth/Franco's storylines. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7

I think the worst thing about how they are writing Willow is that she is, as has been pointed out, acting like a middle schooler. When she and Chase were together, they were the most mature couple on the show (except for maybe Molly and TJ). They discussed their relationship open and honestly without beating around the bush. Take how they handled the pregnancy scare. No drama or coded talking, just open communication about how they felt regarding when and if they wanted children. That's the Willow I want for Chase. Wishy Washy Willow can go share a juice box and gogurt with Michael.

I also maintain Chase is too good for Brooke Lynn, though, and really hate the idea of him with her, ESPECIALLY when she is pregnant with or has given birth to Valentin's baby. Not another triangle for Chase, please. How old is Lila Rae? Maybe bring her back to be with Chase and let them have an adult relationship that is both and exciting. Then Willow can look on with envy as she eats a mayonnaise sandwich on white bread with Michael.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

This isn't the first time wardrobe has done such a thing. I recall Carly showing up to a wedding, wearing a dress that looked like she was about to perform in an Ice Capades show.

Ah that was for Sonny and Brenda's wedding.

Michael has absolutely no game if he has to hire wine tutor and demolish the gatehouse for fast makeover to impress Willow. I don't know why Willow is impressed by that and it makes her sound obliviously gold-diggery when talking to Chase about it.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, saoirse said:

De-lurking to say I will not be mad if the pairing of Britt and Jason goes forward. Britt clearly deserves better, but I like imagining Carly and Sam’s reactions. 😱 💥 🤯 *sigh* Whatever gets me through, I guess.

As long as they let Britt stay Britt and not turn into a passive CarSon worshiper as Sam did.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Then Willow can look on with envy as she eats a mayonnaise sandwich on white bread with Michael.

You mean mayonnaise with gold leaf mixed in there. Because it has to be expensive.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 8
16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

in what universe is it cool to talk about another dude while you're out on a date? 

LOL. Remember when Patrick and Sam were together and all they talked about was Jason?

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, I loved that gossipy couple spotting Franco coming into the restaurant and being like, "We out!".  Because seriously, that is how a normal person reacts to seeing a SERIAL KILLER from the newspapers in their space.

I'd have stuck around to see what happened, TBH. Does Franco eat with the proper utensils? Does he order his steak blue? 

13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I know it will all work out for Mikey

I so hope it doesn't, but I know that's quite the pipe dream. I really like Chase and Willow together (if they can get past the Wiley obsessions; again quite the pipe dream). 

13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She's right, Valentine's Day can really suck.

Only if you let it. I have no trouble being alone for it because I find it so heinously manufactured. 

11 hours ago, nilyank said:

it makes her sound obliviously gold-diggery when talking to Chase about it.

How? She didn't ask for any of that stuff. If she can't mention liking something without Michael getting it for her, that's on him. They need a few minutes of not talking about Wiley, after all. (Please, can that kid die? Tomorrow?)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

How? She didn't ask for any of that stuff. If she can't mention liking something without Michael getting it for her, that's on him. They need a few minutes of not talking about Wiley, after all. (Please, can that kid die? Tomorrow?)

By talking to Chase, on her date, on Valentine's Day, all the cool things her ex-husband/non-husband has done for her without even asking for it. I don't think she is a gold-digger at all and know that Willow actually thinks that Michael is being very nice for getting her these things. But don't talk about it with Chase especially about the wine tutor which was obviously Michael's way of trumping something that Chase and Willow enjoyed doing together as a couple.

• Love 6

What I hated was that Willow talked about the wine tutor, the remodeling, and the gifts of furniture when she should be sensitive to the fact that Chase lives on a detective's salary and could never treat her to such extravagances. How could that not make him feel bad/less than. I bet that bottle of red wine she ordered will end up costing $1,000 and causing Chase a lot of embarassment. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If she can't mention liking something without Michael getting it for her, that's on him.

Yeah, it makes him seem really, really creepy.  And it doesn't make her seem like a golddigger, but the fact she finds these gestures so amazing, and not the aforementioned creepy, should set off warning signals with Chase--and, to his credit, looks like it is.

• Love 5

How did Jason shoot Brando in the lower leg by leveling his gun and pulling the trigger?  Did he aim at a wall for the ricochet?  He draws the line at kidnapping elderly women, but shoots Sonny's relatives to "keep them safe"?  WTH?

The Willow actress looked uncomfortable in her barely-there dress.  Wasn't she yammering about ordering white wine at the beginning, then they're shown drinking red? 

Where did Lemonface get the bribe money for the clerk from?  Is she still working at Charlie's? 

Molly's dress looked like a laundry accident.  "I threw red panties in with my white dress."

• LOL 3

I noticed that Jason wouldn't tell Michael and Sasha who shot Brando when they were worrying that he got wounded because he was working for Cyrus, he left it to Brando to tell them.  I don't know why Carly phoned Michael to tell him that Brando was in the hospital, doesn't she have enough to do these days?

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I don't think she is a gold-digger at all and know that Willow actually thinks that Michael is being very nice for getting her these things. But don't talk about it with Chase especially about the wine tutor which was obviously Michael's way of trumping something that Chase and Willow enjoyed doing together as a couple.

This just suggests to me how the people who raised Michael have failed. He's so helpless, he throws out buzz words like "green energy" but he never seems to have an original idea of his own and always has Carly or Jason to bail him out or most recently Sam who gave him a job so that he didn't actually have to go out and look for one himself. Carly was always so adamant that Michael needed to be kept away from AJ, and granted that having an alcoholic parent is not good, it can also teach resilience and creativity apart from AJ's positive qualities.

The other thing that struck me is that being with Michael has made Willow less adult.  She used to be independent and strong enough to break from Shiloh and make plans for her baby on her own, to balance her budget and live on her own, to find a new job when she was fired from teaching. She's moving into the nursing program now which is good but she seems to be getting increasingly helpless and reliant on Michael. Even a wine tutorial seems overwhelming to her.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't know why Carly phoned Michael to tell him that Brando was in the hospital, doesn't she have enough to do these days?

I don't know why Michael sounded so worried when he heard it was Brando. Yeah, I get it. It was set up so Michael and Sasha would go to Brando's room, and Michael could see that he has competition if he wants to pursue Sasha. I am trying to figure how else they could have gotten the news. 

I don't. Maybe Lucas or Felix who were still on duty could have called Sasha because they remembered Brando bringing her in when she almost died from drugs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

What I hated was that Willow talked about the wine tutor, the remodeling, and the gifts of furniture when she should be sensitive to the fact that Chase lives on a detective's salary and could never treat her to such extravagances. How could that not make him feel bad/less than. I bet that bottle of red wine she ordered will end up costing $1,000 and causing Chase a lot of embarassment. 

Michael isn’t exactly self-made. His money and opportunities have all been because of his family and nepotism. He got handed those CEO positions. Since Chase’s parents are a world famous journalist and a college professor, I doubt he grew up poor. He’s just choosing not to live off his family as an adult. 

• Love 11

Michael is the epitome of a rich kid with oodles of privilege. He didn't finish school but became the CEO of a fortune 500 company. He never had to fight for anything in his stupid life. Everyone fights his fights for him and wins his fights for him.

Michael is the most useless, privileged character. And the most uncharismatic one.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

By talking to Chase, on her date, on Valentine's Day, all the cool things her ex-husband/non-husband has done for her without even asking for it. I don't think she is a gold-digger at all and know that Willow actually thinks that Michael is being very nice for getting her these things. But don't talk about it with Chase especially about the wine tutor which was obviously Michael's way of trumping something that Chase and Willow enjoyed doing together as a couple.

I'd say gold-digger is the wrong word, because she's not asking Michael for expensive stuff. To me, it feels like the Show is trying to emphasize that Willow has gotten used to being involved in Michael's "affluent" lifestyle and so while Willow is still attracted to/feels like she is in love with Chase, she and Chase don't "fit together" anymore because she also has feelings for Michael and her life has changed too much. Willow isn't capable of seeing Michael as trying to manipulate her into choosing him over Chase.  Unfortunately, all the writers have succeeded in doing is making Willow bland/boring when she's out of range of Chase. They turned her into Michael's Wife/Wiley's Mother.  Willow and Chase had adult conversations, honesty, fun dates, and she had a passion for teaching children. I liked that Willow.  She had conversations with a range of adults, and interacted with kids. She reacted in anger to bullies.  Sigh.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Willow isn't capable of seeing Michael as trying to manipulate her into choosing him over Chase. 

To be fair, I don't think that the writers are thinking that Michael is trying to manipulate her into choose him over Chase. They are writing Michael as the Golden Boy, terrific CEO, loving son, brother, father and potential husband. He's going to sweep Willow off her feet.

We see it because we're not drinking the Corinthos kool-aid coffee.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't know why Carly phoned Michael to tell him that Brando was in the hospital, doesn't she have enough to do these days?

Carly hasn't cared about Brando since Dev died, if she cared about anything but him keeping that secret before that. And Michael and Brando have no reason to do anything but nod at each other as they pass in the night. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly hasn't cared about Brando since Dev died, if she cared about anything but him keeping that secret before that. And Michael and Brando have no reason to do anything but nod at each other as they pass in the night. 

I guess they’re playing the family angle with Michael and Brando? They had Carly tell Kristina that Brando was family even if he was “working” for Cyrus so they should welcome him at Sonny’s funeral. Which is still super weird to me since he’s just a distant cousin who they’ve known for a year and Carly had no issue being a complete bitch to Gladys who is also Sonny’s family. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 3
On 2/18/2021 at 12:52 PM, ulkis said:

When Sonny is on screen:

defaca126a58679d41c4e5c991a8c378.gif

Funny, all I see is this:

7b62d7994022144bd9f3511670da5f32.gif

Seriously, his line delivery (for every line!) reminds me more and more of the Penguin.  If the Penguin wasn't that clever, didn't have any gadgets and never had to fight Batman.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She reacted in anger to bullies.  Sigh.

Then she married the son of one of the biggest bullies in PC.

To be fair, I don't think that the writers are thinking that Michael is trying to manipulate her into choose him over Chase. They are writing Michael as the Golden Boy, terrific CEO, loving son, brother, father and potential husband. He's going to sweep Willow off her feet.

We see it because we're not drinking the Corinthos kool-aid coffee.

They are writing Michael as someone who is so out of his depth that he needs to throw his money around to make the girl happy. Michael has Wylie and money.

I hope they do away with this Willow/Chase whatever it is. End it. I think Willow will go back to Chase because she feels she has to once his paternity blows up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't think the writers intend for Willow to come off as a gold digger but they have unintentionally (i hope) made her insensitive in order for this "triangle" to....work, so scenes like these don't do her any favors. This was supposed to be further proof that she is in love/falling for Michael but it was all material things, and William. "All I have to do is say I like something and the rich boy gets it for me". So basically, she knows whatever she points at, her genie blinks and its hers yet she is shocked that he would renovate the tree house. This is the guy that hired painters to paint his toddlers room because the toddler said he liked space.

Finally saw the beginning and just wow. Millow are still talking about how much they love every thing William does. Why was the quad acting like they couldn't all have their date at the same place? Does everyone know Millow likes each other but they have decided to play dumb? Michael had a little smirk on his face when Chillow were leaving, does he know Willow is trying to make him jealous? That couple that left because of Franco made me laugh. Wonder if they skipped out on the bill for the drinks. I still can't believe the Invader is sometimes a tabloid and sometimes a serious news journal. I tolerate Franco more when the show doesn't ask me to give him sympathy.

For some reason I thought the client was some rich guy but then his wife wouldn't be working in a fancy Hooters. It has to be uncomfortable walking back and forth with serving trays wearing pumps and tight skirts all shift. Can't be fun picking stuff up off the floor. The owner is pretty bold to be messing around with an employee so publicly.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I guess they’re playing the family angle with Michael and Brando?

They're trying to, I think, but Michael and Brando have had so little interaction. I do think Michael is a decent enough guy to make sure Brando is okay, though.

20 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Michael is the most useless, privileged character. And the most uncharismatic one.

He has the personality of an uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast. Just bland, bland, bland. Our younger leading man, folks!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 2/19/2021 at 8:44 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Michael is a manipulative douche masquerading as a nice guy.  He is being so generous to Willow because he is trying to get her back.  

Yeah, I'm on team-Michael-is-creepy. Willow told him about something she and Chase shared ( wine/wine guy) and he uses his considerable resources to one-up it. All she has to do is mention liking something and he buys it for her. 

The Franco excuse to keep her close, not to mention using Wiley to keep her in his orbit. It all seems manipulative. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sacrebleu said:

Yeah, I'm on team-Michael-is-creepy. Willow told him about something she and Chase shared ( wine/wine guy) and he uses his considerable resources to one-up it. All she has to do is mention liking something and he buys it for her. 

The Franco excuse to keep her close, not to mention using Wiley to keep her in his orbit. It all seems manipulative. 

See I really don’t think they are writing it that way intentionally. I get where people are coming from but I think the show wants Michael to be seen as a good guy. I do think it would have been more interesting if he was manipulating the situation because he had feelings for Willow and didn’t want her to reunite with Chase. Dangling access to Wiley and using Franco’s tumor as a reason to keep her close. Especially the latter because it’s so random that Michael is acting like Willow of all people is in danger from Franco and not a word about his teenage sister being at Friz’s house and actually being around Franco. After thinking about it, I think this is probably why Willow is annoying me in this quad. Everyone involved is so good and clueless. Someone needs to be the bad guy. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I get where people are coming from but I think the show wants Michael to be seen as a good guy.

But how much more can the writers pile on? We are repeatedly beaten over the head that Michael is such a great guy. Michael is awesome. Oh, look at what Michael said or did. Michael is the bestest father that ever bested. 

The whole wine thing came off as straight up him wanting to take something that Willow and Chase shared and make it his and Willow's instead by dumping all kinds of money. It went from something cute, to Michael bringing in a dude to give them lessons on wine, spit bucket included.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

The whole wine thing came off as straight up him wanting to take something that Willow and Chase shared and make it his and Willow's instead by dumping all kinds of money.

I acquit him of malevolence, to me it seemed like Michael is so helpless that he can't come up with anything on his own and just throws money at someone else's idea (wine, renovations, protecting her from Franco (who may no longer even remember who she is)).

Like Carly is an awesome person for stopping the mob war by kidnapping Florence (even though Cyrus has the hospital now and doesn't seem to need Sonny's territory any more), Michael is a good guy that any girl would be lucky to get, as Sasha tells us.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I acquit him of malevolence, to me it seemed like Michael is so helpless that he can't come up with anything on his own and just throws money at someone else's idea (wine, renovations, protecting her from Franco (who may no longer even remember who she is)).

Oh, I know very well that Michael lacks imagination. He has all the creativity of a wet stinking rag.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1