Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Carly: "How do we say goodbye to a man like Sonny?"

Me: "I'd love to actually get the fucking chance."

Can't believe the show even pulled Kristina out of the dungeon she's been imprisoned in to spout the wonders of Sonny. 

On the plus side, at least the writers showed a shred of restraint and Joss didn't get up there and sing.

Olivia clutching her rosary beads--shocked she wasn't in head to toe black including a veil. 

Drag Jax, Nina.  And then drag Carly--all the way to Hell. 

• Love 14

I can't figure out why the writers think this is interesting. We know Sonny is alive. Watching a funeral and all this bullshit when we know it means nothing is so useless.

I wish Nina had recognized Sonny's voice, realized he didn't know who he was and then gone up there and totally messed with his head to get back at Carly. Bring him back to Port Charles and hide him from her. Get involved with him and make him think they were a couple. Do something.

And Alexis can discover Neal was murdered and stop drinking and actually do something. Pair up with Laura to take down Cyrus. Fall for Martin in the process, I don't know. Anything but this drunk storyline.

• Love 17

Not gonna lie  - I skipped Monday’s and Tuesday’s episode because I had no interest in watching a funeral service for a character who is very much alive and well, especially when that character is featured and praised way too much already. No funerals or even mentions for Drew, Dev, Dustin, and Julian, but the show couldn’t possibly skip the resident sainted mobster!! Oh no!! Can’t do that!! 🙄

Why was this funeral necessary? Maybe if the show hadn’t shown the audience that Sonny was alive and well, this funeral would have made more sense but they did so the entire thing feels pointless. 

This has been a complete waste of two episodes, IMO. They could have skipped the funeral and graveyard service and had the drama at the repast. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 10

Does Alexis have an airline connection? That’s a lot of tiny bottles.

Regardless of whether a cemetery would normally dig a winter grave, why would they do it now, for an empty casket? It’s not like there’s a body getting restless. And why is everyone laying flowers on top of this random patch of earth? They know there’s nobody under there, right?

This was the weirdest, most pointless funeral I’ve ever seen on a soap. And also, production crew, when you want to make something look like a freshly filled-in grave, try to pile on enough fake dirt that you don’t see the layer of fake snow felt poking through.

I could really use one of Alexis’s tiny bottles right now.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

she really did try to save Nelle that night.

Well...she didn't actively push her off the cliff. Carly did hesitate before trying to do anything, so I'm not going to give her full points. Agreeing to keep things quiet was so stupid, and yes, lets her have it both ways with the PCPD. 

9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Does Alexis have an airline connection? That’s a lot of tiny bottles.

You can buy those at a lot of liquor stores. I've done that when I've needed a small amount of something and didn't want a bigger bottle. It's very handy.

9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And why is everyone laying flowers on top of this random patch of earth?

Everyone but Jason, who is too macho, it seems, for such a sentimental gesture.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well, my finger got the workout again. So much eyerolling over the tongue bath that the murderous, criminal THUG Mooby got, as if he was a law abiding pillar of the community. So, so gross.

And Jeebus, Laura. If that now whiny crybaby Cyrus wants to go to Mooby's funeral, let him. It's a long standing tradition that not just friends attend funerals of mobsters. Oops. Sorry, "alleged" mobsters. Oh, wait. Cyrus isn't a mobster, but a nefarious drug dealer!

Sorry y'all. I've got Godfather on the brain, and I recall all who attended Vito's funeral. And they weren't ALL "friends".

And then making it seem to those (hey there could be some newbies) might have just started watching that Nelle wasn't a psychotic monster, the way Nina was wailing over her tombstone. And was Cynthia not wearing hose? And having Nina kneel down on what is supposed to be snow? Seriously? Is this the 1950s where women can only wear dresses? I know that Hack!Frank! is Cheap, but come on!

And from those previews, I see that SheBeast, despite her crocodiley tears to Jax yesterday, has no remorse and has got that smug arrogant expression as Nina was going off on Jax.

• Love 5

This story would have been better if they didn't reveal that Sonny is alive. (not that it matters because we all know Maurice isn't going anywhere). but i mean. he's not being tortured (pity) he's not having a revelation (pity) he's just being sonny in a bar. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Well...she didn't actively push her off the cliff. Carly did hesitate before trying to do anything, so I'm not going to give her full points.

I give her full points because she did hesitate. A woman who has tricked her in the past, tried to drive her crazy. Someone who murdered her fiancé, tried to murder her son, kidnapped her grandson and just slashed someone's throat.  She had to think it was a trick and Nelle was going to throw her over instead.

Me I probably wouldn't have even went close to her. I guess in this one thing Carly is better than me.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

This story would have been better if they didn't reveal that Sonny is alive. (not that it matters because we all know Maurice isn't going anywhere). but i mean. he's not being tortured (pity) he's not having a revelation (pity) he's just being sonny in a bar. 

Well not totally Sonny in a bar. He hasn't broken any barware yet.

Edited by nilyank
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Jeebus, Laura. If that now whiny crybaby Cyrus wants to go to Mooby's funeral, let him. It's a long standing tradition that not just friends attend funerals of mobsters. Oops. Sorry, "alleged" mobsters. Oh, wait. Cyrus isn't a mobster, but a nefarious drug dealer!

Sorry y'all. I've got Godfather on the brain, and I recall all who attended Vito's funeral. And they weren't ALL "friends".

I don't get why they didn't have some day players come in to represent the other mobs. The whole point of this stupid funeral is because other gangsters didn't respect the walking tree as the new head of Corinthos Inc, yet no one else showed up?

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nina to Carly:  You got a second chance, why is that?  Because this whole town is full of Carly enablers.

I love Nina today!!

okay now i have to watch, just to see that burn

• Love 4

Nina to Carly:  You can be all nice and sweet until somebody gets between you and your needs than you throw them under the bus...or over a cliff, in this case.  That's oddly poetic justice, Sonny fell to his death just like you watched my daughter do.

Nina to Jax;  I don't have words for you.  You convinced me that you were a white knight that you wouldn't lie to me, but you're just like everyone else.  You're a liar, you just do it with a tan and a smile.  Oh look, I did have the words.  

Cynthia was fantastic during that whole scene.  I just wish I could have posted it all because there were some lovely truths thrown into Carly's face.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 22
35 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I just wish I could have posted it all because there were some lovely truths thrown into Carly's face.  

But did it have any effect on her? I'm thinking no. I bet she had that smug arrogance that seems to be the only expression that Laura Wright utilizes. Except when she's crying those crocodiley tears, that is.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nina to Carly:  You got a second chance, why is that?  Because this whole town is full of Carly enablers.

I love Nina today!!

I think that Carly got her back by bringing that she remembering Nina like that. When she drugged Ava and cut Avery out of her and that she and Nelle are alot like. 

Carly got her second change because while she did alot of crapping things she didn't murdered someone for their money. Nina to be came off completely crazy and I can see the setup of Jax and Carly having to marry coming a mile away.

Nina shows up to talk about Nelle, and Jason tells Michael to take Joss and Trina away.  Because Michael needs to be protected from talk about Nelle, his ex and the mother of his grabbed child.

20 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nina to Carly:  You can be all nice and sweet until somebody gets between you and your needs than you throw them under the bus...or over a cliff, in this case.  That's oddly poetic justice, Sonny fell to his death just like you watched my daughter do.

Nina to Jax;  I don't have words for you.  You convinced me that you were a white knight that you woldn't lie to me, but you're just like everyone else.  You're a liar, you just do it with a tan and a smile.  Oh look, I did have the words. 

And "this is a town of Carly enablers".

Nina's truth-tell was marvellous. Almost worth having to have double Sonny. I really wish that it would stick, but I know it won't.

Rocco and Leo and Danny have been having such fun playing video games, I haven't had to do a thing."  And where is Scout? Did she disappear with her real father?

Olivia beating her breast over Sonny while wanting to leave Ned because he lied to her is nuts.

Dr. Robinson: "And what is the review process that you deem adequate? I mean given the rumours about your past." (How about the official FDA  process since he's applying to them, you twit?)  That whole scene was stupid, the Board doesn't need unanimous consent to sent a drug for FDA approval.

They're really trying to push Dante and Sam. I guess as a place holder till Lulu wakes up and Sam goes back to Jason it makes sense.

Jordan and Curtis: Zzzzzzzzzz

• Love 5

Mike on his dream and history "We have no way of knowing these things" YES YOU DO. A simple nationwide missing persons search would have solved this instantly. This is why Sonny should have been found by some mountain people that don't interact with 'city folk". That eliminates the technology issues.

Sam looks like she went to the MAC counter and asked for the Vampire treatment. When She said she finally sees where she stands, I thought it was going to be about Jason not leaving with her but it was about her not staying....but.....You could have stayed if you wanted to 😄. Just Sam. Her words said she was excited to start a new life but her face said she was ready to go home and go to sleep.

They got rid of 90% of the guest. Drama level drops immensely. Nina should have shot back with Sonny and Jason being murderers and kidnappers themselves when Carly got on her high horse about Nelle. Did love her shots about enablers, Jax replacing Sonny, and Sonny "dying" like Nelle, and that she didn't let Carly get under her skin. Carly and Sonny got over what she did to Avery pretty fast because it kept Ava from having her so Carly can shut up about it now. I'm starting to think LW has play smug so much that she can't get out of that mold.

Diane can hush too. I guess Avery wasn't at the funeral so she wouldn't ask for her necklace back now that Nina is wearing it🤣.

I will never not be annoyed by the BS this show pushes about SLS being kept from Wiley for a year. He had that boy more than the parents did. Heck, he spent more time with him than many working parents. Especially always busy then put in a coma, Lucas. Monica wasn't even excited when she came home and he was there because HE WAS ALWAYS THERE. He had him so much that Wiley didn't even cry for his fathers after his permanent move. He pretty much had shared custody and then full custody. Dante missed a year+of his sons life (mostly) because of someone else. Lulu missed YEARS of her daughters life because of someone else. But Mikey? Mikey was taking him to jump in puddles when he should have been running a company. Threatening to take him from Brad because he was stressed out. So give it a rest.

I'm tired of Curtis and Jordan and their issues. Now they have to find themselves 🙄

Did Renault think that Porsha would be on his side?

Dr Weber "Use your vote wisely". Board members: "We still love this drug. Go GH" 🥳📣

Porsha: "But his drug charges". Board guy: "How dare thy speaketh of our king thus so". Cool it down guy#1. Her questions and concern should be the same ones the board has when preparing to present to the FDA.

I am usually not for big rewrites in the middle of stories but I think they should separate Renault from the mob stuff and just have him be a shrewd businessman. He sells the board rainbows and lollipops so its up to Weber, Monica, Porsha, and Brita (NO Jason) to stop him and save the hospital. You don't need street mob for big pharma drama. Just forget his mother ever existed. This story is picking up steam and then Jason comes in and says "Because of Sonny" and it just dies. Not everything has to be about Sonny.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But did it have any effect on her?

She said "at my husband's funeral" 3 times in a 17 minute span.  Does that count?

10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

smug arrogance

That.  Followed by this 'let me at her' type thing where Jason had to hold her back while Jax tried to talk to Nina, which Nina immediately shut down.  

Later on, Carly did look a little scared once Diane layed into her about not telling her what really happened to Nelle so that she could get ahead of it.  

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jordan and Curtis: Zzzzzzzzzz

I completely don't understand their arguments anymore.  She has apologized and is trying to work on their marriage.  He seems in a hurry to dump her ass.  Are they in a rush to get to Curtis/Portia or what.  though I was happy to see NBH back as Jordan.  No offence to the filler actress, but she never felt like Jordan to me.  

9 minutes ago, xfuse said:

that she and Nelle are alot like. 

Yes, but Nina's counter argument to that was that she's not a lonely, poor kid from Florida and that she's going to be a much tougher opposition to Carly.  

• Love 8

Daaamn, Nina went in HARD and delivered a savage takedown of Carly today. Everything she said was great but I think her most salient point was that Carly survives due to the town full of enablers protecting her. That's really the only thing that makes her different from the likes of Nelle or Ava or even Nina herself. (Fuck Carly for throwing Avery's birth in Nina's face like that's Carly's grievance to bear. That's history between Ava and Nina, and they're clearly past it.) Carly's track record is just as checkered as anyone's, but she's always had her squad cleaning up her reputation. She's insulated by Jason telling her how strong and remarkable she is, or Jax and Joss telling her she's a great mother. She won't ever face up to the damages she's inflicted to Nina or anyone else because she exists in a bubble where she can do no wrong.

And the GH writers need to confront this issue, too: why does Carly never change, never lose? A spectacular verbal annihilation by Nina is fun in the moment, but it's not going to change the trajectory of the story. Carly will never concede anything to Nina and Nina will likely be just as unsuccessful as Nelle at one-upping Carly. The ultimate enablers of Carly are the writers who won't let her experience even the tiniest bit of humility or take moral culpability for anything she does.

• Love 18

Ava, Nina Cary, Dr. O...all of these women are pretty despicable. I can't feel that much when terrible shit happens to them because they do terrible things to others and don't suffer much if any consequences. The worst is they go into a mental hospital maybe for a month and released without them being on any type of probation or regular counseling, even though in real life, a person would be in a mental hospital for decades.  I think Liz and Britt are two of the few woman that suffered any direct consequences for their actions, probably because they didn't maim or kill anyone or helped cover up a maiming, killing or kidnaping. 

1 minute ago, Thatoneshow said:

Did Renault think that Porsha would be on his side?

Dr Weber "Use your vote wisely". Board members: "We still love this drug. Go GH" 🥳📣

Porsha: "But his drug charges". Board guy: "How dare thy speaketh of our king thus so". Cool it down guy#1. Her questions and concern should be the same ones the board has when preparing to present to the FDA.

I am usually not for big rewrites in the middle of stories but I think they should separate Renault from the mob stuff and just have him be a shrewd businessman. He sells the board rainbows and lollipops so its up to Weber, Monica, Porsha, and Brita (NO Jason) to stop him and save the hospital. You don't need street mob for big pharma drama. Just forget his mother ever existed. This story is picking up steam and then Jason comes in and says "Because of Sonny" and it just dies. Not everything has to be about Sonny.

But if Renault isn't in the mob, then he can't be the next guy that Jason is justified in shooting. I think Kate Howard was the last full formed business person the show brought in but only because she was a love interest for Sonny. It is always a new mob guy because this show is General Mobspital, and it has only gotten worse since Tracy left and Edward died. Tracy and Edward were the last two characters with any passion for business. We never got through AJ's redemption to find out what he was passionate about.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But did it have any effect on her? I'm thinking no. I bet she had that smug arrogance that seems to be the only expression that Laura Wright utilizes. Except when she's crying those crocodiley tears, that is.

Barely. She was smug and remorseless the entire time. Didn't even acknowledge that she betrayed a woman she has pretended to be friends with on and off for years. Said some BS about keeping the truth because she knew Nina couldn't handle it. Not because she told the cops a completely different story that would end up making her look like a liar and possible murderer. She has plenty of motive.

This is why I hate stories involving this family and only enjoy a scene here or there. None of the truths people say ever really have any affect on them. It is pretty much just the show acknowledging that they know how they write them but not being willing to change. It ended with Diane saying there isn't really any evidence so they don't even want to pretend there could be consequences.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jason tells Michael to take Joss and Trina away.  Because Michael needs to be protected from talk about Nelle, his ex and the mother of his grabbed child.

That was so weird. They are not children and could have left with anyone, or on their own since they are 18. If anyone should have stayed it should have been Michael. This somewhat affects him as the father to both of their grandchild. But he is too much of a baby to stick around.

• Love 2

Sam is wearing peep-toe stiletto boots when there's snow on the ground. Does wardrobe really not have another pair they can give KeMo? 

Stop trying to make Sam/Dante happen, Show. It's so forced.

Oh, so it's fine for Dante to move on with Sam while Lulu is in a coma, but it was betraaaayall of the highest order when Lulu started seeing Dustin when Dante was away for who knows how long in Switzerland? Ugh.

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Linny said:

And the GH writers need to confront this issue, too: why does Carly never change, never lose? A spectacular verbal annihilation by Nina is fun in the moment, but it's not going to change the trajectory of the story.

It never does. These are the crumbs that the writers throw us because they know in their hearts that Carly, Jason and Sonny are scum but it is written in stone that they must always win so it always rebounds to that.

14 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

But if Renault isn't in the mob, then he can't be the next guy that Jason is justified in shooting.

And it wouldn't be a sure win for the beloved mob. They could do a good story out of this, paralleling the OxyContin and the Sackler family and that would make more sense thator Cyrus bought a hospital (because if he was going to do it illegally, he didn't need to go through a hospital). But it wouldn't involve Sonny and Jason.

It's always only one egg in the GH basket and that egg is The Mob.

10 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

That was so weird. They are not children and could have left with anyone, or on their own since they are 18. If anyone should have stayed it should have been Michael. This somewhat affects him as the father to both of their grandchild. But he is too much of a baby to stick around.

Maybe he could be a man if they let him grow up, but Carly and Jason always baby him as if he were that infant that Carly took to Jason to take care of. I think that one of the reasons Carly likes Sasha so much is that Sasha would let Carly still call the shots in Michael's life.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They're really trying to push Dante and Sam. I guess as a place holder till Lulu wakes up and Sam goes back to Jason it makes sense.

does it? Seems they dropped a whole bunch of stuff (his dreams, the pills, what happened to him when he was away) to go on random fanfic detour with Sam. They should have just hired a new guy for her.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

But if Renault isn't in the mob, then he can't be the next guy that Jason is justified in shooting. I think Kate Howard was the last full formed business person the show brought in but only because she was a love interest for Sonny. It is always a new mob guy because this show is General Mobspital, and it has only gotten worse since Tracy left and Edward died. Tracy and Edward were the last two characters with any passion for business. We never got through AJ's redemption to find out what he was passionate about.

The shows love for the mob kingpin and his pet is so crazy considering they have absolutely no idea how to write for them. That is part of the reason the Renault story sucks now. There is really no reason for it to involve the Corinthos but the show will twist itself into a pretzel to force them in. Brita doesn't even need Jason's help on this but they can't resist a poorly written mob story as long as Sonny and Jason can be front and center.

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, so it's fine for Dante to move on with Sam while Lulu is in a coma, but it was betraaaayall of the highest order when Lulu started seeing Dustin when Dante was away for who knows how long in Switzerland? Ugh.

I didn't think she looked happy about them getting close. Almost like she thinks they could get in her way for revenge and she will try to keep them apart.

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think that one of the reasons Carly likes Sasha so much is that Sasha would let Carly still call the shots in Michael's life.

Sasha also babied him. Fake cheating so he could marry Mary Poppins was something Carly could really be proud of. She was the ideal girl for Mikey. That is until Willow, who has no life of her own outside of Mikey and William. She would live in a shoe box under the front porch if it meant sticking around.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam is wearing peep-toe stiletto boots when there's snow on the ground. Does wardrobe really not have another pair they can give KeMo? 

I think KeMo is allowed a new pair shoes every 3-4 years or so. She used to wear those booties with the studs on them and she wore them for years, now they moved her on to this pair. I know that they film inside a studio that's in California, but it would nice if the shoes were somewhat realistic. It's like when they had supermodel Sasha wearing a pair of white running shoes with her short dressed. 

Carly is the smuggest bitch this side of the equator. How does someone tear into you and all you can do is smile smugly and look all high and mighty. But Nina was right about pretty much everything, especially when she told Carly that she was surrounded by a bunch of enablers. Look who went home with her, three enablers.

And Nina's words to Jax about him being someone who lies with a smile and a tan was so very neat!

Honestly, fuck Carly and the rest of her crew.

• Love 18

Lordy mercy. Sam just gets more and more tired and boring. Yesterday, she told Jason “ I wanted ...... to be .....here.......for you”.  Zzzzzzzzzzz. What the hell is wrong with that woman and why is she allowed to take up space on this show?

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

does it? Seems they dropped a whole bunch of stuff (his dreams, the pills, what happened to him when he was away) to go on random fanfic detour with Sam. They should have just hired a new guy for her.

They could still do the stuff with Dante but they need to park Sam somewhere until she goes back to Jason. Hiring a new guy for her would mean that she would get her own storyline and I cannot remember the last time that they cared enough about Sam to give her something that wasn't about Jason, Sonny or propping the family.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Linny said:

And the GH writers need to confront this issue, too: why does Carly never change, never lose?

LW's Carly doesn't but SJB's Carly did lose so I guess that means she changed. In the beginning Carly didn't seem to win at anything.

I don't think that Nina came out the winner in this. IMO she really looked crazy. She only heard the parts that she wanted to hear and that was Carly was there. She didn't hear that Carly only hesitated for a minute or that Carly tried to help. She went and told Jordan that Nelle was murdered. Even in soap world not helping someone certainly isn't murder. 

46 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes, but Nina's counter argument to that was that she's not a lonely, poor kid from Florida and that she's going to be a much tougher opposition to Carly.  

That doesn't mean much because she is still going to lose and I never considered Nelle a lonely poor kid. She was smart and devious. She just had such a hard on to get to Carly that it kept tripping her up. By the time she came to town Nelle had already murdered someone.

And I really don't like LW's Carly but I'm on her side against Nina.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't think she looked happy about them getting close. Almost like she thinks they could get in her way for revenge and she will try to keep them apart.

Olivia definitely had a wistful smile on her face when she saw Sam and Dante together.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, xfuse said:

That doesn't mean much because she is still going to lose and I never considered Nelle a lonely poor kid. She was smart and devious. She just had such a hard on to get to Carly that it kept tripping her up. By the time she came to town Nelle had already murdered someone.

At the time of death, Nelle had millions when she sold those questionable shares in ELQ to Valentin and until she fired him the represenation of an excellent attorney in Martin. She lost the custody suit because of her past behavior but also because she refused to listen to Martin when it was obvious that she did not have the slam dunk that she thought that she had to get full custody of Wiley.

However it didn't matter what the courts had said because Nelle had already had a backup plan because she was already had set up in motion to kidnap Wiley (tracker in Wiley's favorite toy) and was going to use her questionably obtained millions to disappear. When Brook caught on to what she was doing, she chose to slash her throat rather than giving up or knocking out Brooke without having to kill her.

Nelle always sabotaged herself because she had to always make sure that she could do something to hurt Carly. She always started and pushed things too far and then acted surprised when Carly and company would push back to stop her.

• Love 3

Nina was spot on about Carly today. Carly thinks she’s a good person. We’ve heard her say that before. Something about her being a better person after Michael was born. No, Carly, you’ve always been terrible and will continue to be terrible.  The other excuse I’ve seen getting made for her is her children like her. Uhhh, have you met Michael and Josslyn? They’re the blandest soap kids in existent who have no opinions of theirselves and who parrot everything Carson and Jason say. Those 2 being written like they are doesn’t make me see Carly as a good person. And Jax is irredeemable. Has been ever since he hooked up with her

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, xfuse said:

Carly got her second change because while she did alot of crapping things she didn't murdered someone for their money.

But she almost murdered Nelle by locking her on the roof. Nelle went to prison for her fiance's death (although it was never proved that she did it), Carly got off scot free because everyone lied for her, Bobbie destroyed the forged consent form and Monica covered for them.  As Nina said, the town is composed of Carly enablers. (It was stated on the show that the surgery didn't need to be done immediately.)

You can't absolutely compare Carly and Nelle but there are some things that are very familiar. Carly was given away by her birth mother to what she thought was a loving home because Bobbie couldn't give her what Caroline Benson could. Nelle was given away by a grandmother to whom she was an inconvenience because she might take some of Nina's money and given to a man who used Nelle for what money he could get out of her.

They both felt that because of their childhoods, they were owed more.  Carly came to Port Charles to get in on the good life and when she didn't, she decided to break up her mother's marriage. Nelle also wanted in on the good life and when she didn't get it, she tried to break up Carly's marriage. Carly got Tony, and later AJ and Sonny. and later a loving mother in Bobbie. Nelle got ostracized and never knew or had the support of her mother.

Carly wanted to keep her son away from his biological father because she didn't want AJ, she wanted Sonny.  Nelle wanted to keep her son away from his biological father because Michael rejected her and he wanted full custody. Carly got what she wanted by lying about Michael's father, and later got full custody when Sonny hung AJ from a mean hook, Nelle lost both her son, both custody and visitation.

Nelle did a lot a bad things but she paid for it every time. Carly has a longer string of bad things, is still continuing to do them (like kidnapping Florence) and never pays because she's got a coterie of enablers who let her off the hook, as Jason is doing now by taking the blame for Florence's kidnapping. Other characters have done bad things, Ava, Nina, Liz, but no one has as little cost as Carly has.

Think what Nelle could have had if she had a Sonny, Jason and Jax in her corner.  As Nina said, a town of Carly enablers.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Nelle did a lot a bad things but she paid for it every time. Carly has a longer string of bad things, is still continuing to do them (like kidnapping Florence) and never pays because she's got a coterie of enablers who let her off the hook, as Jason is doing now by taking the blame for Florence's kidnapping. Other characters have done bad things, Ava, Nina, Liz, but no one has as little cost as Carly has.

Think what Nelle could have had if she had a Sonny, Jason and Jax in her corner.  As Nina said, a town of Carly enablers.

Nelle had a least a half dozen of people that were in her corner from Zachary to Chase to Carly to Michael to Nina (1st time) to Brad to Ava. And she betrayed each one of them and with some, she attacked with violence.

She can't earn any loyalty with people to have her back because she has shown that she is incapable of doing the same for them. When she needed help to plot her wicked plans she had to turn to the likes of Shiloh, Ryan and Julian (granted he was blackmailed). 

And no Nelle did not pay for every bad thing that she did. She killed Zach and manipulated her way into early parole by getting Ryan to stab her,  she got away with almost killing Willow/kidnapping Wiley 1st time. Two innocent people that had nothing to do with Carly but who were in Nelle's way. Right now Nelle is "dead" so there is no justice for Brook Lynn who almost died and had vocal chord damaged that she can no longer sing.

• Love 3
On 2/15/2021 at 5:33 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, dear god, I've developed a hacking cough from all the smoke being blown up Carly's ass in this episode. 

How much do I LOOOVEEEEE this line, let me count the ways!!!! 🤣

On 2/16/2021 at 12:26 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jax has been calling out Mooby for him being a criminal and thug, but of course he's such SheBeast's lapdog now, that it's whittled and reduced to "differences". I still remember Righteous Jax yelling at Mooby when it looked like Brenda had been killed in that limo after she'd married his sorry ass, during that Daniel Benzali story line.

I cut Jax some slack in this moment, because he's concerned about Josslyn's grief as well as Carly's.  Yelling truths about Sonny's thug life wouldn't make him a good father in this moment, knowing that in her teen years so far his daughter has lost her brother, her first love, her step-grandfather, her foster brother/live-in friend and now, her stepfather (they assume).  He is supporting his daughter during a difficult time for her family, and unfortunately being supportive of Carly as well. The smart thing to do, moving forward, would be to point out to Joss the high price of choosing Sonny's world and push her to make better choices than her mother did.

Yes, he yelled when it seemed Brenda, a woman he loved, had been in the limo. This was after years of Sonny and Jax being rivals over Brenda.  

On 2/16/2021 at 3:44 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Olivia's grief seems so over the top.

I want to believe her grief is over the top because the acceptance of  Sonny's "death" has come after her young son Leo lost his father, she found out her husband cheated on her with an ex and lied for months, and her son Dante almost died from a syringe. She already had a lot to be upset about!

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Cynthia was fantastic during that whole scene.  I just wish I could have posted it all because there were some lovely truths thrown into Carly's face.  

She really was! I liked how when Jax, Jason and Diane had Carly's back, she said the "three enablers" were proving her point. I also liked how Olivia and the rest were like, we're outta here, Carly can deal with the angry, yelling woman in the cemetery without us.

4 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Barely. She was smug and remorseless the entire time. Didn't even acknowledge that she betrayed a woman she has pretended to be friends with on and off for years. Said some BS about keeping the truth because she knew Nina couldn't handle it. Not because she told

Smug and remorseless, but also furious and baring her teeth about Nina "ruining the funeral." Bitch, there's isn't a body in that grave and everyone knows it! There was no reason for you all to gather in the cemetery!!!  Carly wanted to have her way as the "grieving widow," so Nina's "too damn bad" line and the burn about enablers got her riled up.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Stop trying to make Sam/Dante happen, Show. It's so forced.

I didn't understand her lines about how her not staying around to help "clean up the mess" shows things have changed with her and Jason, and she's excited to meet the new Sam without Jason. Ummm, when was she ever expected to clean up a mess that Carly/Sonny created? I only ever remember her with little Michael and baby Morgan because Carly was institutionalized. Jason always handled the messes. And, Sam was without Jason for years.  She was a single mother to Danny, who got involved with Dr. Clay. She was later involved/playing house with Patrick and Emma when "Jason" (Drew) became a topic of interest in her life.  I remember she told "Jason" (Drew) that her life at that point was very different from when they were together, and she was happy with who she was and the life she had.  Even since the real Jason came back, they have spent most of that time not living together with the two kids, because of various plot points/storylines. 

I enjoyed seeing Nina confront Carly and Jax, but I liked Lesley's surprise appearance at the board meeting (with Britt grinning at her!!) and then at the Q mansion to enlist Monica's help in dealing with Cyrus.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

I thought that Sam line was clunky too. Made it sound like she also had Jason’s role in Sonny/Carly’s life when they were together when she really didn’t. More than likely, she would have been standing in the background somewhere while Jason supported Carly or would have returned to her PH alone while he dealt with things. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I mean...it's a great line, and 100% true.  But it's also the problem with trying to invest in this story at all.  Because everyone in town is going to rush to her defense, stroke her hair and tell her how amazing and awesome she is, screech at Nina for daring to speak to Queen Carly like that.  It's like when they try to do stories about Sonny leaving the mob or maybe facing prison.  It's like, yeah, never gonna happen, so what's the point.

And Nina is just so moorless as a character.  Who is even going to be slightly on her side here?  Valentin maybe?  Maybe Britt, before her repeated exposure to Jason rots her brain?  And the writers will just have her do something, probably related to Amnesia!Sonny, that's quote unquote worse so Carly can have the moral high ground.  Blech.

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly is the smuggest bitch this side of the equator. How does someone tear into you and all you can do is smile smugly and look all high and mighty. 

Totally.  If we're supposed to believe Carly - who's lost a child herself - is this strong, brave woman with a huge heart, we would have seen even a flicker of compassion for Nina in this situation.  But nope, it's all smug smiles and smug hair flips and smug "Jaaaaaasssson" whines. 

Laura Wright, I know the writing is one-dimension, but you could try and elevate it just a touch.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

Also, backing up to Sonny's funeral, a complaint of a different color - this show continues to do a terrible job with its LGTBQ characters.  Lucas (who?) is so unimportant that he doesn't get to be on-screen to support Carly.  And Kristina's bisexuality apparently only exists as a story to saintify Sonny.  Booooooo.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

If we're supposed to believe Carly - who's lost a child herself - is this strong, brave woman with a huge heart, we would have seen even a flicker of compassion for Nina in this situation.  But nope, it's all smug smiles and smug hair flips and smug "Jaaaaaasssson" whines. 

Laura Wright, I know the writing is one-dimension, but you could try and elevate it just a touch.

I think LW is as entitled as Carly, judging by some of her IG posts.

But, yes, instead of trying to reason with Nina and show some empathy, Carly immediately went into Full Bitch mode, screeching at Nina about how she was ruining Sonny's funeral (eh, he's not really dead, so he won't care) and how Nelle basically had it coming (which may be true, but as one mother to another, not the thing to say). 

Nina was 100%: Carly is only kind and caring when it in some way benefits her to be so.  The second any sort of adversity is thrown at her, the gloves are off. 

I guess the one plus from all those scenes today is that Spinelli was blessedly absent.

• Love 11

And also, Morgan may not have been a sociopath but he was a spoiled shiftless selfish brat who was never gonna amount to anything, so she should have empathized with Nina on some level.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And also, Morgan may not have been a sociopath but he was a spoiled shiftless selfish brat who was never gonna amount to anything, so she should have empathized with Nina on some level.

Why? Honestly after everything that Nelle has done to Carly and her family, it would take a bigger person than who Carly is and frankly a lot people in Port Charles. Morgan is not on the same level as Nelle.

It is more like Ryan. He has an actual horrible background with his mother molesting him. Kevin tried to treat him even after everything he had done to him and the people that he cared about. But he never went around to Felicia or Mac or now Ava, that his brother could have be saved and maybe if he had a second chance, Ryan would have been able to make better choices.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Why? Honestly after everything that Nelle has done to Carly and her family, it would take a bigger person than who Carly is and frankly a lot people in Port Charles. Morgan is not on the same level as Nelle.

because Morgan was shit but Carly is convinced he could have been better if only this or that. That's the same with Nina. Don't get me wrong, I think Nelle was nuts and Nina sounds insane going on about how if only someone could have been there for her. But Carly does the same thing with Morgan. And if she had just told Nina from the start hey your daughter was terrible but you should know about Wiley I think Nina wouldn't have been as irrational about it.

• Love 2

I will also point out - while I don't know all of Nelle's poop so I can't really talk about it so much - yeah she slashed Brooklyn's throat and gaslit Carly to the point where she was being tortured by that Nurse Patty whatever,  so let's throw that bit out of the window. You can't excuse that. 

But I would have been so freaking happy when Carly whinged about Wiley being gone for a year that Nina clapped back with, "You stole Micheal from his father for a year, what's the difference?" And arguably I think Nina's main point is so true. Carly's done a tonne of horrendous things (gas-light-y things),and she's always had someone to "help her count to ten" or blow smoke up her butt that she's okay or justified (or even when she's wrong, she had some sort of support system). She's never been actually alone. Who did Nelle have, really? Brad? (again I don't know all the skinny background on Nelle so ..)

And I also feel that Carly is showing (a lot) that she likes women she can control/snow over, and the minute she can't, Carly goes for the jugular. Nina is clapping back with so much truth, and Carly is standing there with her resting smug face and then is all well this is why i was entitled to lie to you for months, why aren't you grateful?

Carly only tells the truth when she can hurt someone with it. If she can lie, she does it and has no qualms.

At the end of the day, Nina is hurt, angry and lamenting. Regardless of how Carly felt about Nelle, as a mother who lost a child, Carly fundamentally should see that, and for once is her lousy life take the high road and see her part in Nina's suffering. (which is fuelled mostly by the fact that Carly/Jax lied to her, and Carly would have happily kept on lying) . But no. Carly decided to go all "well now I see where Nelle gets her crazy from." and then whinges "Jassoonnnn." when Nina kept clapping her back with truthbombs.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Regardless of how Carly felt about Nelle, as a mother who lost a child, Carly fundamentally should see that,

Carly's never been one to comiserate with anyone else.  If she's in pain, than everyone around her should acknowledge it and boo hoo with her, while if those around her are in pain, she'll dismiss them, unless it's Jason.  So Carly would never see Nina as a fellow mother who lost their child because said child was Nelle and Carly despised Nelle with the heat of a thousand suns, therefore, everyone else should as well, even her own mother.  

Carly's side of the argument was never to see Nina's pain, but to continuously point out the evil that was Nelle, because she, Carly had decreed it.   

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Carly's side of the argument was never to see Nina's pain, but to continuously point out the evil that was Nelle, because she, Carly had decreed it.

She's always felt if SHE says it, if SHE believes it, everyone else must, too.  One of the many reasons I cannot stand her.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She's always felt if SHE says it, if SHE believes it, everyone else must, too.  One of the many reasons I cannot stand her.

Pretty much. And if anyone says what she doesn't like. activate Smug Face. I can't stand her either.  Just entitled and smug. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Bitch, there's isn't a body in that grave and everyone knows it! There was no reason for you all to gather in the cemetery!!! 

Why does this matter? If it makes everyone feel better to bury an empty casket, where's the harm? It happens plenty of times IRL. Some people need the ritual. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why does this matter? If it makes everyone feel better to bury an empty casket, where's the harm? It happens plenty of times IRL. Some people need the ritual. 

Sonny's family felt like he wasn't really dead (because he's not) but it's a way to help them face that reality. They could also afford it so it doesn't cost them anything to have that ritual done.

• Love 1