Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

We here in Toronto got today's episode, (the beginning of Sonny's funeral) even though everyone on the planet knows about the impeachment trial.  I'm assuming Americans are not going to get the epsisode until the trial is over, which I'm assuming is next.  week.  

Anyone who wants to know in advance what's happening, let me know.   

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

We here in Toronto got today's episode, (the beginning of Sonny's funeral) even though everyone on the planet knows about the impeachment trial.  I'm assuming Americans are not going to get the epsisode until the trial is over, which I'm assuming is next.  week.  

Anyone who wants to know in advance what's happening, let me know.   

I do! (also Hi Fellow Toronto Person!) 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

How is Peter's backstory different from Nelle's? Nelle also had a tragic backstory, but the writers didn't try half as hard to redeem her. She was rotten, that's how they presented her once they decided to make her Carly's rival. 

Nina is doing yeoman's work to redeem Nelle, but I'm sure she'll be ultimately unsuccessful. I think there's some sexism working, as always. The wimmins seem more disposable than the men. When someone gets killed in a particularly gross way, it's almost always a woman: Emily, Michael's numerous paramours, Lauren, Sabrina, etc. (Julian of course is the exception to the rule.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's a problem that a lot of shows have, tbh. They try to redeem the character via some tragic backstory while they keep pulling shit and crying woe me, I'm not like that. 

How is Peter's backstory different from Nelle's? Nelle also had a tragic backstory, but the writers didn't try half as hard to redeem her. She was rotten, that's how they presented her once they decided to make her Carly's rival. 

Does Peter even fall in this case? Seems to me like they always meant to him to be a long term character (at least by the time they decided to cast WR) and they haven’t made a real attempt to redeem him in the last 3+ years. They just have Anna and Maxie blind to who he is while everyone else mostly ignores what he’s done and/or doesn’t know the full extent of it. 

• Love 1

Briefly about today's show: I had no feelings except possibly of disgust for this episode of people mourning Sonny because they intercut the scenes with ones of Sonny at Lenny's bar. Except that Michael telling Willow what a wonderful father Sonny was when Sonny murdered his real father made me want to throw up.

Joss, Carly, Jax and Jason really tied themselves into knots to avoid saying that Sonny's bidness leaves them more open to being attacked by other mobsters.

The policeman said that he wished he had run fingerprints on "Mike" when he first arrested him. Me too.

Nina, don't forgive Jax. Ever.

• Love 8

From what I can tell, a lot of places will be airing GH overnight. Today's episode will be available on ABC's website and mobile app after 8:00 tonight, from what the internet says.  Never mind... I didn't notice all the 2020 dates. Sigh. I'm not sure why my searches didn't bring up anything useful. You would think someone at ABC might care. 

I finally got back into watching because it fits into my late afternoon schedule. 🙁  

• Love 1

Remember a few years ago when Brenda was returning to town and Carly said that she owned Sonny, Jason and Jax and she wasn't giving them up? Was she supposed like a "strong" woman, because she just looked crazy. 

Can't feel sorry for Jax. I don't care how good the chem between LW and IR is, Carly is the quintessential "Red Flag Woman" and he should have never married and had a child with her. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Remember a few years ago when Brenda was returning to town and Carly said that she owned Sonny, Jason and Jax and she wasn't giving them up?

No, she said she wasn't "sharing" as if she owned them all. Twatty SheBeast.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Remember a few years ago when Brenda was returning to town and Carly said that she owned Sonny, Jason and Jax and she wasn't giving them up? Was she supposed like a "strong" woman, because she just looked crazy. 

Can't feel sorry for Jax. I don't care how good the chem between LW and IR is, Carly is the quintessential "Red Flag Woman" and he should have never married and had a child with her. 

I’m getting a sinking suspicion that they are going to temporarily reunite them right before Sonny comes back. I don’t think their chemistry is still there and I agree with you that Carly was horrible for Jax even when they had chemistry. I remember IR working a weird schedule back then with long vacations and I wonder if that’s why they had them together. It gave Carly a pairing but she still had plenty of time to be all in the middle of Jason and Sonny’s business. 

9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, she said she wasn't "sharing" as if she owned them all. Twatty SheBeast.

You're right. Even worse and more childish. Aside from Sonny and Jason, this show doesn't treat her as the child that she is. 

• Love 2

So Jason got to parent Joss at Carly's request. That's more parenting than he's done with his two sons.

They never ran Sonny's fingerprints, but smart cop took the mug Sonny was holding.

Phyllis identified Frank Benson for Nina. Nina overheard Jax and Carly talking about Carly being there that night on the cliff. That's how the episode ended. 

It was nice to see the Davis coven reunited. I think they invested in one pair of shoes for KM. Jax is going to warm the car, but Sam is wearing peep toe heels. But okay, makes total sense. Molly catches Alexis drinking after Molly supposedly got rid of all the booze in the house. 

I don't know why they're putting us through a funeral for Sonny when he's on the other side of the state and will be coming back. If Mo was leaving for show for 6 months or a year or a long vacation (he will never leave the show), then sure, have at it! But this is beyond stupid.  

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know why they're putting us through a funeral for Sonny when he's on the other side of the state and will be coming back. If Mo was leaving for show for 6 months or a year or a long vacation (he will never leave the show), then sure, have at it! But this is beyond stupid.  

This is just going to take a way for Sonny's next fake funeral. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

They did the same for Tamara Braun's SheBeast--right after Alexis and Mooby had their one night stand; and SheBeast walks into the church during her own funeral. I think she pretended Amnesia or a bit or something.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m getting a sinking suspicion that they are going to temporarily reunite them right before Sonny comes back. I don’t think their chemistry is still there and I agree with you that Carly was horrible for Jax even when they had chemistry.

But at least it will save Nina from being trapped with him. I didn't like MS's Nina but Watros' version is growing on me and I think she deserves better than the parts of Jax Carly isn't claiming at the moment.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm assuming Americans are not going to get the epsisode until the trial is over, which I'm assuming is next. 

I'm in Toronto as well, but slept through most of the episode so thanks for the recap.

Is the show now going to be in reruns until the trial is over?

1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

This is just going to take a way for Sonny's next fake funeral. 

This isn't even the first funeral that Sonny had. He had one when he faked his death when Brenda came back from the dead with arms dealer boyfriend Alcazar. Father Coates held services. Taggert refused to believe. Carly and Jason were pretending it was real. Sonny even laid in the coffin to make it more convincing.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Is the show now going to be in reruns until the trial is over?

That seems to be the SOP. 

7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Sonny even laid in the coffin to make it more convincing.

Too bad no one stuck him with a pin to see if he was actually dead.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

This isn't even the first funeral that Sonny had.

I really hope they have a huge blow-up of that Sears Portrait Studios photo of Sonny and Carly that's on their fireplace mantle.  The one where Carly is grabbing his lapels and he's leaning into her.  Because I like to picture Carly bullying Sonny into a photoshoot, complete with wardrobe changes. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, tessaray said:

From what I can tell, a lot of places will be airing GH overnight. Today's episode will be available on ABC's website and mobile app after 8:00 tonight, from what the internet says.  Never mind... I didn't notice all the 2020 dates. Sigh. I'm not sure why my searches didn't bring up anything useful. You would think someone at ABC might care. 

I finally got back into watching because it fits into my late afternoon schedule. 🙁  

HAH! I was just coming in to say: nope, no new episode on the app! Maybe it will show up tomorrow?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They did the same for Tamara Braun's SheBeast--right after Alexis and Mooby had their one night stand; and SheBeast walks into the church during her own funeral. I think she pretended Amnesia or a bit or something.

That makes a kind of sense with the big reveal during the funeral, like the reveal during Nina''s wedding to Valentin. Having a full funeral for Sunny, without Phyllis revealing that he's still alive while Sonny leads another life elsewhere just seems like bad writing

• Love 1

For the benefit of anyone who will not get to see it for a while, Tuesday's episode was a total Carly/Sonny/Josslyn prop-fest. If you aren't in the Corinthos fan base and Jason's occasional "suit days" don't do anything for you, there's not much to see.  

A lot of "I can't believe Sonny/Dad/Uncle Sonny/my best friend is gone."  

We got Jason telling Carly he knew she was a survivor the first time he laid eyes on her, and her most salient quality (he didn't use those words) is that she "never fail(s) people."

We got Olivia ruing that she spent years keeping Dante from knowing such a great father, and Dante telling her it all worked out the way it was supposed to, even with Sonny shooting him in the chest. No, the last part isn't true; they didn't even allude to that.  

Dante and Michael hugged it out, but the scene fell flat, because it was awkward and abrupt. It might have been good if they'd really talked leading up to it and gotten into their messy early history.  

Willow inserted herself in things and kissed a lot of ass.  

When Alexis left the room to change into funeral-wear, her three daughters started shit-talking about what a mess she's been, and she overheard it. Soap characters are so bad about recognizing the possibility of being overheard.  

We got yet another scene in which a character (Jax this time) explains Josslyn's personality to her/us and tells her why she's so amazing. She's so much like her mother, but Jax thinks she has a lot of him in her too. Other characters always have so much to say about Josslyn's remarkable qualities.  

More stuff at Lenny's with the suspicious local cop, who thinks Sonny is responsible for robberies and also seems to think lithium is the kind of thing someone can take and go crazy on.  

For me, it was the worst day in a while. The only part of the episode I was very interested in was Nina/Phyllis. CW and Joyce Guy are good together, and I enjoyed Nina taking her through the whole Nelle story. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

HAH! I was just coming in to say: nope, no new episode on the app! Maybe it will show up tomorrow?

Given the national nature of the preemptions, I think we won't get new episodes anywhere until the hearings are done—not until next week at the earliest. That's how it usually goes.

13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Having a full funeral for Sunny, without Phyllis revealing that he's still alive while Sonny leads another life elsewhere just seems like bad writing

You're new here, aren't you? 😉

Thanks for the recap, @Asp Burger. It sounds like a horror of an episode. And I continue to be amazed in a bad way that no one in Sonny's organization has done much to try to find him, dead or alive. Heh. This is when they decide to believe the authorities? Alrighty then.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I'm confused. Do we get new content in America at all? Going to check ABC.com now, not a place I usually visit.

No; yesterday's ep was preempted by the impeachment hearings, and that will continue for at least the rest of this week.

Canada got yesterday's episode, but I presume the rest of this week will be reruns, as ABC doesn't want one market to get ahead of another.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 2/5/2021 at 12:46 AM, paisley said:

I expected when Laura and Carly got together that Laura would rip into her for exploiting the Florence info. Instead we got girlfriend chat. Once again I'm disappointed. 

These scenes make me want to hate Laura, when I actually love her. I hate that she considers Sonny a "dear friend". But I thought with Carly she was manipulating her to get what she wanted.

• Love 1

Needing to manipulate Carly to reassure Martin about Florence implies that either Carly is in the right or that she is the one with power.

This drives me crazy because Carly out and out kidnapped Florence which is wrong in any terms but especially wrong as Florence is old and sick and innocent and Laura should be calling the FBI or WSB, anyone more competent than Jordan. The show trying to tell me that Carly and Jason are any kind of right to hold Florence is pure gaslighting. It's something that used to bug me when I watched GH but hey it's a TV show. But now I find my tolerance for gaslighting is zero so I get no enjoyment from watching this.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 13
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Needing to manipulate Carly to reassure Martin about Florence implies that either Carly is in the right or that she is the one with power.

This drives me crazy because Carly out and out kidnapped Florence which is wrong in any terms but especially wrong as Florence is old and sick and innocent and Laura should be calling the FBI or WSB, anyone more competent than Jordan. The show trying to tell me that Carly and Jason are any kind of right to hold Florence is pure gaslighting. It's something that used to bug me when I watched GH but hey it's a TV show. But now I find my tolerance for gaslighting is zero so I get no enjoyment from watching this.

I know people were getting misty eyed when they heard of Florence getting attentive care, but my sympathies were with Martin visibly freaky out talking with his mother but not knowing where she was. My family is from India. My mother would be in tears when she heard the toil that my aunt's MS was taking on her, because she was in a different country. My grandma passed away over the winter and it was doubly hard because only my uncle could fly and attend the funeral. Considering the reason is the vague "keeping her family safe," there is no real end in sight to the kidnapping. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, bannana said:

These scenes make me want to hate Laura, when I actually love her. I hate that she considers Sonny a "dear friend". But I thought with Carly she was manipulating her to get what she wanted.

Doubtful, as Laura automatically jumped to Jaysus being the one to kidnap Florence after she told the SheBeast about the biological connection. Instead of blaming the SheBeast, whose character Laura is well aware of and knows what she is capable of doing.

And still in that conversation, Laura is of the mind that Jaysus is the one behind the kidnapping. 

I hate when the show makes Laura look stupid.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I feel like they just throw stuff like that in there so Carly and Jason fans can justify their faves not being in the wrong. There’s a desire within that fanbase to be seen as badass but never held accountable for anything bad they did. Like how they always mentioned that Sonny/Jason were “good” guys because they didn’t traffic in drugs or guns like the other mobsters. It doesn’t work for me. Carly still kidnapped an sick, old woman who wasn’t involved in this and we already know how insufferable she would be if someone targeted Michael or Josslyn to keep Sonny in line even if they weren’t harmed in the process. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I know people were getting misty eyed when they heard of Florence getting attentive care, but my sympathies were with Martin visibly freaky out talking with his mother but not knowing where she was.

For me, the mistiness came from Florence not getting that kind of care even in an expensive nursing home. I think of those people who haven't had any outside contact for a year because of Covid and my heart aches. 

And really, a decent level of care is the absolute least Carly can do if she's going to kidnap a sick, elderly woman. I don't think anyone is applauding her for that. Carly is smart enough to know that if Florence dies while she's kidnapped, Carly is in for a whole lot of trouble. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

we already know how insufferable she would be if someone targeted Michael or Josslyn to keep Sonny in line even if they weren’t harmed in the process. 

Please make this happen. I would love to see Carly's head explode with karma like that.

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For me, the mistiness came from Florence not getting that kind of care even in an expensive nursing home.

That is what struck me too.  Because of Covid, we are learning what things are like in long term care homes and even in the private ones in my country, things are not good.

• Love 5
On 2/10/2021 at 6:49 AM, Asp Burger said:

When Alexis left the room to change into funeral-wear, her three daughters started shit-talking about what a mess she's been, and she overheard it. Soap characters are so bad about recognizing the possibility of being overheard.  

I know “overhearances” (my mom’s term) are a time-honored soap trope, but has this gotten worse as of late on GH?  It feels like we get at least one an episode these days.

On 2/10/2021 at 8:20 AM, dubbel zout said:

And I continue to be amazed in a bad way that no one in Sonny's organization has done much to try to find him, dead or alive. Heh. This is when they decide to believe the authorities? Alrighty then.

This goes so far beyond typical plot point-ishness.  This is the show that has an upstate New York-based model do coke a few times, have a medical crisis, and make national news.  The Invader blasting a text alert on Franco’s medical records.  But the most feared/beloved mobster/coffee importer/benefactor/bar ware flinger goes missing?  Silence.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This is basically where I am at. And what drives me insane is - no one is using their heads. 

Why doesn't Cyrus and Martin just say they are going to press charges against Jason/Carly for kidnapping? No matter what Team DumDumb has over Cyrus and Martin - it's all circumstantial at best - but everyone (Laura, Cyrus, Martin etc) knows that Carly kidnapped someone. It doesn't matter that they are having better care, or Martin is blessed to talk to his mama for like 1 minutes. They all know Carly committed a federal offence (or if not Carly. Jason). I wouldn't be threatening revenge, or payback or growling empty threats. I would be going to Mac (because he's the smartest one). 

How that shoe isn't hanging over Carly's head is beyond me. (well it's not because Team DumbDumb always has to win). 

Or if we're gonna do Evul vs Evul - why the heck didn't Cyrus kidnap Wiley? or Joss? Exchange for Exchange? Come on.

I remember when AJ kidnapped Micheal and made Team Dumdumb believe that he was dead so he could raise his son. How is that not even going through either one of Jason's or Carly's peabrains? The not knowing. The sheer panic. But it's okay that they can do this to other people? These people run around deciding they can do whatever they want because they were slighted but if people do it to them it's like *clutch pearls*

And i'm sorry.  if you are part of the five families you aren't heroes. you are bad.
t

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I remember when AJ kidnapped Micheal and made Team Dumdumb believe that he was dead so he could raise his son. How is that not even going through either one of Jason's or Carly's peabrains? The not knowing. The sheer panic. But it's okay that they can do this to other people? These people run around deciding they can do whatever they want because they were slighted but if people do it to them it's like *clutch pearls*

One thing that’s consistent about this crew is that they are complete hypocrites. Everything they do is excusable but if the exact same thing is done to them or their loved ones, it’s the end of the world. I can think of more examples than I could count just off the top of my head. That’s why I don’t enjoy watching them and I’ve liked plenty of unapologetic villains. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

One thing that’s consistent about this crew is that they are complete hypocrites. Everything they do is excusable but if the exact same thing is done to them or their loved ones, it’s the end of the world. I can think of more examples than I could count just off the top of my head. That’s why I don’t enjoy watching them and I’ve liked plenty of unapologetic villains. 

Yeah. I mean I like bad guys sometimes. (Sami from Days of our Lives come to mind. actually so do Vivian and Ivan also from DOOL). A Lot of soaps have them. but the really good ones have legs to stand on. Or if they are wrong - they're called out on it. but when they are right. they are right. It's a 50/50 coin flip.  The show seriously needs to let them get theirs. Idon't really care anymore that they are seen as the founding family (mostly because the show systematically destroyed the actual true founding families of the show) so they ultimately win - but they need to have a Yin to their Yang. but it's basically. "WE ARE THE SUN" and everyone else are maggots. 

Carly got caught up in a massive lie in regards to Nelle. and .. nothing. Nina didn't even go Chernobyl on her. What's the point then? You might as well have not revealed it. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Daisy said:

everyone (Laura, Cyrus, Martin etc) knows that Carly kidnapped someone.

No, they all think Jason did it. They assume Carly is aware of that.

16 hours ago, Daisy said:

if you are part of the five families you aren't heroes. you are bad.

I don't think the show considers the five families heroes. They're barely mentioned unless the plot demands it.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

No, they all think Jason did it. They assume Carly is aware of that.

I don't think the show considers the five families heroes. They're barely mentioned unless the plot demands it.

okay - then press charges against Jason. I mean it won't go anywhere (it never does). But do something. 

So are the Corinthii the 6th family or something?
also thank you for the corrects 🙂

• Love 2
On 2/11/2021 at 11:24 AM, statsgirl said:

The show trying to tell me that Carly and Jason are any kind of right to hold Florence is pure gaslighting. It's something that used to bug me when I watched GH but hey it's a TV show. But now I find my tolerance for gaslighting is zero so I get no enjoyment from watching this.

Between Sonny courageously being able to be there physically for his cruel father's deathbed watch and Carly kidnapping an elderly sick woman, FV has a solid pulse on the segment of GH viewers - the ones with parents in assisted living facilities who have had to project calm FROM AFAR while their elderly parents in assisted living facilities were (and ARE) living in horror of Covid-19.🤬

• Love 6
On 2/11/2021 at 1:42 PM, mbluecpa said:

This is the show that has an upstate New York-based model do coke a few times, have a medical crisis, and make national news.  The Invader blasting a text alert on Franco’s medical records.  

Or my favorite, a televised red carpet event for an annual fundraiser that is attended by, at most, 25 people (based on audience shots). 

It seems like only yesterday that I was FF’ing through Mike’s funeral, and now I get to do the same for Sonny’s. Phhht. Can we get another week of hearings instead?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Looks like they are playing Tuesdays episode.

I don't think the getting dressed montage was supposed to be funny, but it was. Willow seems to be nothing more than an extension of Michael at this point. Don't know how they can even attempt a "triangle". M: "Do you like living in the treehouse, you still get to be around William" W: "It's perfect, what more can a girl hope for?".  Does she ever think past the now? Does she want her own family one day?

Maurice plays Sonny/Mike like a.....seasoned man, yet this show still wants us to see him as young and spry. He was just about out of breath taking down a chair but the office believes he is on a shoplifting spree?

Whatever. I can't sit through this farce. Don't know who the genius is that said "Hey, people really loved watching all the mourning for Mike I for 6 months, so why not 6 months of fake mourning for Mike II? They will be glued to the TV" but I would like to have a word with them. It'll be civil, I promise 😉"

I'll check back tomorrow for the real fireworks

• Love 4
On 2/10/2021 at 9:49 AM, Asp Burger said:

For the benefit of anyone who will not get to see it for a while, Tuesday's episode was a total Carly/Sonny/Josslyn prop-fest. If you aren't in the Corinthos fan base and Jason's occasional "suit days" don't do anything for you, there's not much to see.  

A lot of "I can't believe Sonny/Dad/Uncle Sonny/my best friend is gone."  

We got Jason telling Carly he knew she was a survivor the first time he laid eyes on her, and her most salient quality (he didn't use those words) is that she "never fail(s) people."

This is the episode airing today. However, Joss saying she now feels fear when Carly or Jax leave the room rings false to me because Jax's business doesn't involve crime and murder. On the other hand, Jax is the first dad since Uncle Mac with Robin, to show what real fatherly devotion to a teen daughter looks like, when the father has seen his girl regularly all her life. 

Michael saying "ouch" when Willow called him her ex-husband to his face made me roll my eyes. Olivia crying over the Dante/Michael hug that "would make Sonny so happy" made me gag.

Of course Carly doesn't know what her life is supposed to look like without her dysfunctional relationship with Sonny.  She has never tried to be a functional woman without Jason and/or Sonny propping her up. That's not a sign of "strength" or being a "survivor." It's called co-dependence. 

Hello, Kristina. Where has she been all this time? I recall Michael said he 'talked to Krissy" but that was it. And did the make-up department put foundation on her that is way too dark?  I swear her complexion was never light brown/dark beige/orange-ish before. It's rather distracting.

So, Nina overhears Carly speaking to Jax without remorse about being on the cliff with Nelle and putting Nelle's death behind her.  Preview does seem to indicate she will hold Carly responsible for Nelle's death.

Honestly, the only relative of Sonny's I liked in this episode was Dante.  I suppose his subdued behavior could be written off as "he's already been through so much and now he's a single dad, with beloved ex in a long-term coma" but I like to think that the former cop in him thinks that this "end" for Sonny was to be expected.  I liked that he was more concerned with Michael's pain, that he told Olivia not to regret her choices and he was meant to meet Sonny later in life. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9

OMG, I thought I'd have an aneurysm when Olivia apologized for keeping Dante away from Sonny as a kid. 

I wish the show could, uh, show some nuance with this sort of thing. Have Olivia be sorry that Sonny being a gangster meant she had no choice but to keep Dante away from him, and she's sorry for that. 

And somehow Alexis is a bigger villain for accidentally stabbing Dante with a needle than Sonny was for deliberately shooting an unarmed Dante in the chest. You know Olivia won't lie for Alexis. Shut up, Olivia.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Of course Carly doesn't know how her life is supposed to look like without her dysfunctional relationship with Sonny.  She has never tried to be a functional woman without Jason and/or Sonny propping her up. That's not a sign of "strength" or being a "survivor." It's called co-dependence. 

Bit of a tangent, but one moment that really pissed me off during CarJax was when they picked out the godparents. (It is an entitled behavior I see in a lot of woman in the real world).Or more to the point, when Carly demanded her picks for godparents be honored. She insisted that Jason be the godfather instead of Lucky because she didn't feel particularly close to Lucky, but wouldn't allow Alexis to be the god mother because Alexis "didn't like her", never mind Jason had very little respect for Jax (or any other man not Sonny) and her son being brother and cousin to her two daughters. The compromise could have been that Lucky and Lulu would be the godparents since Lulu was picked as the godmother, but she has to consistently tie Jason into her life one way or another. 

• Love 2