Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Maybe I’m being callous or missing something but I don’t think Alexis is responsible for actively parenting her grown children. Choosing to support loved ones in a difficult time IA with but expecting her and only her to drop everything and be there for 2 adults who have others in their support system is extreme. Like what are Sonny, Sam, TJ etc doing? Maybe Alexis could actually be there for both of her daughters if everyone else wasn’t prioritizing their own lives 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

God, no. Robert doesn't deserve to be stuck with that chucklehead.

Keep Ethan gone forever. He was totally unnecessary in the first place.

Co-signed.

Speaking of labs, did they ever follow through with Brad's attempt to get back into the lab, or are they gonna shorthand it and just have him show up one day?

• Like 1

I couldn't even tell you what Molly and Dex said in their scenes. I was busy living in sheer terror that it was a chem test. Molly, girl, I do want you to move on from TJ, but not like that! I was watching through my fingers like it was a horror movie. 

Oh, good, more Heather. Does the show not understand that, with some characters, a little goes a long way? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

God, no. Robert doesn't deserve to be stuck with that chucklehead.

Keep Ethan gone forever. He was totally unnecessary in the first place.

I thought his character was created because Tony Geary wanted Luke to have a son not played by Greg Vaughn. Also, bringing Ethan back now wouldn't fit Tracy's narrative of Luke's "heart, courage,"etc. living on in Lulu because it would re-emphasize the retcon that Luke cheated on Laura with Holly. 

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

AH tries his best but I still miss Tyler too. 

Yup. When GF was somewhat restraining tears in that scene, I assumed she was remembering the save baby Lulu storyline in the '90s with Tyler. I thought she and NLG were remembering Tyler when they did the cemetery scenes for presumed dead Spencer. Same for when NLG let out a sob when Alexis wrote the 'farewell, prince' obit for The Invader. I think working in this Lulu needs a liver transplant story is going to be hard on GF, BHerbst and JJ, with Tyler and Jackie Z both deceased now. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's Alexis's bad luck that two of her daughters desperately need her at the same time.

Especially when it’s a really bad time to say I told you so but like….she told them so.

Ric definitely met Portia at the Ashford house when he came to the door and she was leaving to go to work.  You’d think if the writers couldn’t keep that straight the actors would have remembered?  But I know they shoot out of order and probably multiple versions of scenes, although in soaps I don’t think they have time for that.

I think that was the first time I’ve seen Ava wearing jeans.  It was weird seeing her dressed so casually but she rocked it of course.

The actress who plays Kristina reminds me of Marisa Tomei.  Adela is a beautiful name.  What did TJ and Molly want to name the baby?

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 6
16 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Adela is a beautiful name.  What did TJ and Molly want to name the baby?

They named her Irene, after TJ's paternal (though not biological) grandmother. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought his character was created because Tony Geary wanted Luke to have a son not played by Greg Vaughn. Also, bringing Ethan back now wouldn't fit Tracy's narrative of Luke's "heart, courage,"etc. living on in Lulu because it would re-emphasize the retcon that Luke cheated on Laura with Holly. 

I think they were going to make Ethan Robert's, it was very obvious - and then TG got his way and they made Ethan his with a huge dumbass storyline. like. "he was tired of being married to Laura at the time so he and Holly got it on, then he went oops. gotta get back to the missus!"

• Angry 6

NLG was hilarious today with the facial expressions as Kristina was saying that it was her baby.

St. Lucky saving humanitarians around the world. St. Jasus saving Carly so Joss and Donna can have their mother. Am I supposed to be impressed that they sacrifice their children's best interests for other people?

• Like 6
  • Applause 8
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

St. Lucky saving humanitarians around the world. St. Jasus saving Carly so Joss and Donna can have their mother. Am I supposed to be impressed that they sacrifice their children's best interests for other people?

according to twitter and reddit yes. 
they know they have shortcomings so they leave their kids to people who can do better and they do what they can. 

• Angry 3
(edited)

LOL at Alexis almost literally biting her tongue while Kristina was talking about going over to Ava's. And then her "Oh, brother!" look as Kristina keeps going. And of course Sonny totally misses the red flag of Kristina naming the baby herself, all because it's after his mother.

Oh, now Portia decides she has medical ethics and is concerned with HIPAA rules. 

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

they know they have shortcomings so they leave their kids to people who can do better and they do what they can. 

And isn't that what being a good parent is all about, knowing you suck and letting the moms do all the work? /s

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 4
(edited)

GF is pretty awesome with Laura's determined mama bear mode. Gotta love that she got both Brennan and Tracy to help her in the same episode. Tracy's face made me LOL when Laura asked that Ace be looked after by the nannies at the Q mansion. 

I really enjoyed Brennan snarking back at Anna about her desperation to get Charlotte back to Port Charles when he already felt shamed into action by the mayor into trying to locate her son was great. 

I assume Dante will go with Laura and Kevin; love that preview of him saying to Carly she doesn't give a damn about him and Lulu!

Alexis is right (and of course Sonny is clueless) to be horrified about Kristina's mental state over "my baby/my daughter." Kristina summoning Jason is another eye roll moment.

Hey Lucky, as you're in a refugee area in Africa talking about that favor the WSB owes "my family", when's the last time you actually thought of your family? When your now teenage son was still a young boy and he visited you in Ireland for Christmas? 

The Show is trying to re-create the storyline of Maxie is sick so Felicia and Mac need to go find Frisco in person to give him the message he needs to come back to Port Charles. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

according to twitter and reddit yes. 

In other words, they suck at parenting after the initial donation

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

I enjoy watching Brennan berate Anna. She's so ruined as a character I don't care that I should be on her side. I'm not anymore.

Wouldn't Portia have sent a patient advocate to help Alexis with the insurance stuff? If it's going to happen off-camera anyway, why not mention it was Stella or Felicia? Ugh, this fakakta show.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

There have been multiple instances where I have come to the conclusion the show does not care about optics, unfortunately.

I think no matter what they ultimately do with Nikolas, and they could muster someone great as a recast, missing Tyler is inevitable. He was the original and possessed the regal bearing I have yet to see in the imitations that cross my screen. AH does try, but putting him in there with JJ would feel unfair.

I think Laura with Nik (vs. Lucky and LuLu) and Alexis with Molly (vs. Kristina) strikes a chord with those who have siblings their parents preferred and/or favored to varying degrees.

In my experience, when the usual tricks don't work to get what they want or you call them out, even as adults those siblings resort to meltdowns. Kristina in the graveyard reminded me. Favored kids aren't being done any favors.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

I think Laura with Nik (vs. Lucky and LuLu) and Alexis with Molly (vs. Kristina) strikes a chord with those who have siblings their parents preferred and/or favored to varying degrees.

The difference is that Alexis raised both Molly and Kristina. Nikolas had resentment issues toward Lucky because Laura raised Lucky but not him. Lulu also resented Lucky because she heard some stories about "Triple L" family times/adventures, but she missed out on that and growing up being raised by Laura because of Laura's breakdown then relocation to a mental health facility during her childhood. Yes, she loved and appreciated Grandma Lesley taking care of her, but it's not the same as growing to adulthood with her parents. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I get that the families of career criminals will always go to bat for them and how the po-po is relentless in their harassment of these upstanding citizens. 

Am I supposed to feel bad that Sonny's past with Karen is being thrown in his face that Jagger wants justice for her? Get real show.

I'm already tired of Lucky. But Dr. Isaiah is one gorgeous mofo. I'm assuming he's not long for the world because he seems like a competent actor. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Am I supposed to feel bad that Sonny's past with Karen is being thrown in his face that Jagger wants justice for her?

Of course you are, @YaddaYadda. Sonny has been over it for years—sorry, it's something he'll carry for the rest of his life. But if he can do that, why can't you just leave it alone, you hater?

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course you are, @YaddaYadda. Sonny has been over it for years—sorry, it's something he'll carry for the rest of his life. But if he can do that, why can't you just leave it alone, you hater?

Maybe the show should have brain damaged Jason explain to the audience again  like he did to Karen in 1997, how it was mostly Karen's fault since she had a choice, forgetting she wasn't even old enough to vote at the time.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I was ROFL when Laura asked Tracy to watch Ace. The dumbfounded look on Tracy’s face was priceless and exactly how I’d have looked in her position! Then when Laura asked about a nanny, I wondered who’s watching the kid when she and Kevin are both at work? I know I was a latch key kid by age 5 but isn’t Ace only 2? A little young to be by himself isn’t he? Does he also have a credit card and an Uber account? 🤣

of course Laura thinks she’d be a better choice to find and bring home Lucky rather than a mercenary or someone who actually knows the terrain and can navigate the inherent obstacles in Africa 🙄

so now Ava pretty much has proof that she’s not long for this world if she stays with fake FBI agent. I thought she’d stand behind the door and knock out Boyle rather than try to just walk out the front door. But damn MW was rocking those jeans and blouse!

kristina, Kristina, Kristina…I guess you really are your fathers daughter after all. And clearly you weren’t as traumatized as you let on by Sonny beating up Dex since you’re now trying to get first Sonny and now Jason to kill Cates. Shame John didn’t bug the house so he could hear her plotting his murder. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

It feels like they are gearing up to kill Jagger now instead of Ava. I guess that will at least spare him from Sonny winning against him in court and the judge sentencing Jagger to be paraded naked through Port Charles' plaza while the whole town chants "Shame! Shame!"

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

the judge sentencing Jagger to be paraded naked through Port Charles' plaza

Who do I have to pay to make that happen? That man is 🔥🔥🔥

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Congrats to the writers for going lower than ever before to ruin a legacy character at the altar of Sonny.  I mean, sure, they've done 'obsessed law enforcement person out to get Sonny' before, so let's make him actually lose his mind and turn to murder.  Gummy bears for everyone!  #ThisFuckingShow

• Like 8
  • Angry 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's absolutely irresponsible for Laura to go running after Lucky when she is Ace's guardian and there is no family nearby to take custody of him. Also, what the hell? You are sending Ace to a strange place with people he does not know. How is that more comfortable or a better situation than someone he has actually met? 

Shut up, Jason. You'd hold a decades long grudge if it was Emily who Sonny had supplied drugs to and had stripping in his club. 

Anna, you are dead to me. I'm going to go find some glassware to throw in your memory.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 10

I never understood why Laura and Kevin didn't have a nanny for Ace. (Why are they still calling him Ace?) If nouveau riche Carly has multiple nannies for her kids, the grandson of the sixtysomething mayor and a psychiatrist certainly should.

RIP Jagger Cates, you had so much potential.

3 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Children often perceive that a parent favours another child, often with incomplete understanding. A boy resets his parent spending two hours a night helping his brother do homework when he himself is left to do it alone, not realizing that the brother has learning issues and can't do the homework alone.  Laura gives Nik too much slack but it's because she feels guilty because she abandoned him to the Cassadines when he was young (growing up there was no picnic). 

Molly doesn't realize that all her life she's been told that she's the smart one, the stable on, the one who has her head screwed on straight and can be trusted while Kristina has always been told that she's the flake, the screw-up, the one you can't count on because she's so falible. Molly may think that everyone coddles Kristina but I don't envy Kristina at all.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

When Jagger stormed in on Sonny and Ava, I was hoping he'd slip, fall, hit his head, die, and Sonny and Ava would be forced to Weekend at Bernie's him out of the gallery and work together to cover it up.

I think I'm desperate for a little GH slapstick.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

Ava, too stupid to live.  Take the phone.  Take the wad of money.  Get out.  Better yet, take the purse and get out, don't stand around inventorying it. 

• Like 13

I'm surprised we didn't have Carly giving an impassioned plea, leading to Brennan pulling out all the stops to find both Lucky and Charlotte. 

Alexis looked like she wanted to crawl out of her skin while Kristina was talking about the baby. 

Tracy being willing to do anything, even take in yet another kid at the Q mansion, for Lulu is sweet. For all the show's flaws, the way they keep Tracy active in storylines is one thing they've been getting right lately. 

• Like 13
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

(Why are they still calling him Ace?)

That's his name, alas.

7 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm surprised we didn't have Carly giving an impassioned plea, leading to Brennan pulling out all the stops to find both Lucky and Charlotte.

Her Spencer solidarity has been used up for the year.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I realize we're talking about a soap opera here, but if someone has spent several years in a coma and develops a condition that requires an organ transplant, are they really going to get one in the US?

I'm in Canada, and I'm pretty sure they would not be eligible for a transplant. A friend of mine was removed from the transplant list here when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
45 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I realize we're talking about a soap opera here, but if someone has spent several years in a coma and develops a condition that requires an organ transplant, are they really going to get one in the US?

I'm in Canada, and I'm pretty sure they would not be eligible for a transplant. A friend of mine was removed from the transplant list here when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Sorry to hear about your friend.  Yes, it's unlikely a person in a prolonged coma would be eligible, although the fact that they chose an organ that doesn't require a cadaver donation makes it just the tiniest bit more believable. 

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Just speculating here but while she most likely would not be on the donation list maybe a direct live donation is possible. I remember that a few years ago actor Michael Healey donated to someone he had never met.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It feels unfair because prostate cancer can be very slow moving; some people die of other causes before the prostate cancer progresses enough to be a risk.

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Probably not if there were insurance companies involved but Lulu is in a private facility and if a family is paying directly, rules and guidelines become a lot more flexible. And only needing a partial transplant from a living donor  helps, as @JMO and @statsgirl said. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Molly doesn't realize that all her life she's been told that she's the smart one, the stable on, the one who has her head screwed on straight and can be trusted

She absolutely does understand this. She said as much to Dex. But understanding doesn’t equal accepting. No matter what she KNOWS, she FEELS like Alexis is letting her down. She FEELS abandoned by her mother because Kristina needs Alexis more. It’s a purely emotional response, one that can be much more powerful and draining than knowledge.

• Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

wait wait. What going on with Cates?

Mostly just more of the same but the writing is on the wall. Sonny told Ava that Cates wants her dead (so her official statement against Kristina will be used in court - Ava herself is now disposable) but she went with him anyway. Now the female agent guarding her went to get coffee and Ava found a burner phone, wad of cash and super expensive sunglasses, making her look more like a hired assassin than a lowly FBI agent. And Cates himself is off badgering Kristina and Sonny again. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

wait wait. What going on with Cates?

He’s been thrown under the bus, had it backed over him and when that didn’t work, they brought in the steamroller to finish the job. Because we mustn’t have a hot guy who has a rich history on the show and can actually ACT. Especially when he’s up against Sonny, the benevolent mobster.

• Like 6
  • Angry 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

There's a difference between getting a transplant off the transplant list and having a loved one directly offer to donate to you.  If Lulu didn't have anyone close to her who was a match and willing to donate, you're right, she'd most likely either be off the list or near the bottom because of her condition. But, if a loved one says "I want to donate part of my liver to Lulu," she'll get that donation, even if there are other patients out there with better odds of a long healthy life. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

He’s been thrown under the bus, had it backed over him and when that didn’t work, they brought in the steamroller to finish the job. Because we mustn’t have a hot guy who has a rich history on the show and can actually ACT. Especially when he’s up against Sonny, the benevolent mobster.

lol that bit i knew. but it drives me insane non the less. 

29 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Now the female agent guarding her went to get coffee and Ava found a burner phone, wad of cash and super expensive sunglasses, making her look more like a hired assassin than a lowly FBI agent. And Cates himself is off badgering Kristina and Sonny again. 

holy geeze. come on Show. like the Cates we saw would not have done that. 

thanks you guys 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Carly would only do that for her own kids. The Show hasn't needed Lulu for Carly's in-family girl bonding since Carly had Joss, and Carly just generally has not cared for Lulu since JMB's Lulu "betrayed" Carly's family with her loyalty to then-boyfriend Dante when teen Michael went to jail (which was actually the family's fault, not Dante's). Carly has not ever cared for/about Lucky and I doubt she could pick Charlotte out of a line up. The only reason she knows or at least recognizes Rocco is because he's Sonny's grandson.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly would only do that for her own kids. The Show hasn't needed Lulu for Carly's in-family girl bonding since Carly had Joss, and Carly just generally has not cared for Lulu since JMB's Lulu "betrayed" Carly's family with her loyalty to then-boyfriend Dante when teen Michael went to jail (which was actually the family's fault, not Dante's). Carly has not ever cared for/about Lucky and I doubt she could pick Charlotte out of a line up. The only reason she knows or at least recognizes Rocco is because he's Sonny's grandson.

honestly i was surprised when she and Joss was like "Portia tell us the details we're family." and I'm like excuse you? like in name only.  i was more mad that Portia even dished the deets

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

Gee why hire experienced mercenaries to extract Lucky when we can have an above middle aged mayor and a psychiatrist do it?  I’m glad for the screen time for Genie and Jon, but it’s a little ridiculous.  And her pawning Ace over to Tracy because she has nannies…..ugh.  I mean Laura has never exactly been mother of the year but that just didn’t sit right.

• Like 9

"Drew Q For You"  Worst. Campaign Slogan. Ever.

Also Drew is an idiot. "I want to thank my best supporter Willow Corinthos" Does he think that everyone adores the Corinthos name and the mob connection that comes with it? Say "my niece Willow" if  you have to mention her, which you don't.

There is an election in 2 months -- is there even time for a special election before then?  Why not just appoint someone for the interim?

Did they get rid of Michael Easton to afford Eva LR's salary?  Terrible bargain.

Olivia talking to Dante -- there was a course yesterday on CBT for PTSD. I didn't know that Olivia attended but she learned the stuff well.

Go Dante, speak truth to Carly.

Curtis to Portia:  "Oh, that's right, you can't tell  me." Hey Curtis, didn't you break up with Jordan because she wouldn't tell you confidential police stuff?Z  Way to have that double standard.

Cates charging Kristina with manslaughter is ridiculous but sadly I'm  just waiting to hear that this is a 'ripped from the headlines' charge.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

She absolutely does understand this. She said as much to Dex. But understanding doesn’t equal accepting. No matter what she KNOWS, she FEELS like Alexis is letting her down. She FEELS abandoned by her mother because Kristina needs Alexis more. It’s a purely emotional response, one that can be much more powerful and draining than knowledge.

I agree, it's all that. But as the mother of a neurodiverse child with learning difficulties who needed a lot of support, it drives me crazy every time Molly, who got an easy ride genetically, accuses everyone of coddling Kristina.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Can a woman actually be charged with manslaughter of her own fetus? The Show forgot to give John/Jagger a mustache to twirl to go with the threatening grin.

The Drew Q signs 🤣😂😂

I'm not sure Dante could sound less enthusiastic about his life with Sam. So Laura didn't even ask for his help in finding Lucky before they left? Geez! Awesome moment: Dante calling out Carly for paying BLQ to break up him and Lulu, to show she doesn't really give a damn about Lulu or him.  Carly: Well it didn't work and I thought we all moved on. 

Shut up, Violet.

Willow, Drew has only known the Congressman for a few months, and only knows him because of your mother. Stop acting like he can't be alone because his bestie just died. Lord she's 'thirsty.'

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
(edited)

"I'd like to thank my family for their uncharacteristically unwavering support..." A rather douchey thing to say, but very Droofus. LOL that he singled out Willow and then adds thanks to Michael to cover that up because he wants to bang her. So subtle, that Drew.

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Gee why hire experienced mercenaries to extract Lucky when we can have an above middle aged mayor and a psychiatrist do it?  I’m glad for the screen time for Genie and Jon, but it’s a little ridiculous.  

I'd rather see this ridiculousness than watch Laura endlessly wring her hands while she waits for someone else to bring Lucky back. Give me action—even stupid action—over passivity every time.

Sonny corrects Donna's use of "Avery and me," and a tiny bit of me dies, because I so want to hate him 100 percent! LOL.

28 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Can a woman actually be charged with manslaughter of her own fetus?

Yes, depending on the circumstances.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 3