Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:
19 hours ago, Artsda said:

She should have pointed out to that Drew did the same thing. Went to jail to save her.  She never pays for anything. 

I was actually waiting for that especially as it was Sam's other child, Scout, who had to pay the price for Drew falling on his sword so that Donna and Joss could have their mommy.

YES! Sam gets screwed from all sides when it comes to Carly. But that's what happens when you're in Carly's orbit. You're the one who pays.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

what is so freaking frustrating  - is that CARLY always bleats how she can do it on her own, people lay out how they are going to sacrifice themselves for her. and she goes. "but.. i don't want you to."  and then let's them do it.

The dudes bring it on themselves. They could choose to believe Carly when she says she can do it by herself, but they insist on helping her. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I still don’t feel sorry for Finn. He believes his man pain is a million times worse than anyone else’s because he lost all that time with Gregory but refuses to acknowledge it was 100% his choice and fault that happened. Gregory didn’t do anything to him and was made to believe that he was the reason Finn was icing him and Chase out. Now others who are grieving Gregory like Tracy, Alexis, and especially Chase and Violet are having to put their own feelings on the back burner to worry about Finn, who is treating them all like dirt on top of it. 

It's fair that you don't. but I remember when i was watching that Gregory and Finn got it all out, and Finn did say that it was his fault that he iced Gregory out. maybe i am mistaking something though it was ages ago after all. 

again i can only see  what the clip of the days show me and it doesn't always show "the good stuff" - and i'm not going to excuse the horrible behaviour (grief/addiction or not to a point) but he's grieving too. and I think if it were me i would worry about anyone who actually found the dead body over my own feelings. i wouldn;t even wish that on Carly.  and now he's in the throes of addiction so he lashes out. and that's where the tiny excuse comes from - he wouldn't do this if he were sober - and I don't think his sobriety takes a hit if he hadn't been the one to find Gregory's body (or at least been more prepared for that). i don't know since then (really) if he had a real moment to just let it out etc and someone just let him? it just seems it went straight to. "OMG you are drinking, we have to protect violet". 

but again - i am really going off what y'all say - and what the clip of the day shows so if i am missing something, i am sorry. (and again that's not me invalidating your view. i'm just giving my two cents). 

again - i can only really see what the clip of the showed so i don't know about more of the nuances, and i'm not excusing Finn (falling into addiction or not) - but he found his dad's body. i thnk

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 6/21/2024 at 3:14 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

As for today: "My dad needs help. I think he's dead!" Poor Violet!! JE's acting with a child actress was superb. Tracy restraining her tears to comfort and calm Violet while the paramedics examined him, was beautiful.  The JE/JS scene was excellent too. She's taking care of them as Gregory would have wanted. I teared up when Tracy was in tears taking the evidence pictures before she woke up passed out Finn.

22 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And once again JE/Tracy is the episode's MVP.

Yep. Jane Elliott is the show's MVP most days she's on, and clearly GH's most competent actor.

My guess is Tracy is going to channel her inner Quartermaine and use that cellphone video to Blackmail Finn into having sense. I still love how JE is still playing a kinder, gentler Tracy Angelica Q now; it fits her and the character.

So Mac was working with Frisco?  I always liked Original Recipe Frisco and would be ok with a re-cast cause Jack Wagner ain't coming back.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

So Mac was working with Frisco?  I always liked Original Recipe Frisco and would be ok with a re-cast cause Jack Wagner ain't coming back.

is Jack still on B&B?

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

is Jack still on B&B?

Not since 2012 with the exception of a stand alone episode dedicated to the KKL and the character of Brooke in 2022.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

is Jack still on B&B?

He's been a regular cast member of "When Calls the Heart" on Hallmark for 10 years or more.   Forget what season there are now.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The dialogue was absolutely disgusting. First, I believe that Drew went to Carly to discuss this with her, and she was all about how he'd have power and prestige because this is what Carly thinks public service is about (and every elected asshole out there). So her outrage over the announcement is extra. 

I posted this exact thing after I watched the episode. Like the writers think we’re stupid or don’t remember what they wrote. Drew’s first beeline was to Cujo to get her blessing.

What he happened to Anna?!! She was never this obvious or STOOPID! Really? Looking for evidence while Valentin opens wine? Like that would take him long enough to do a thorough search? No. And we get a half hazard search and excuses so lame that Valentin has to know she was lying.

GAH. Just kill this story already. Does she think she can seduce him to confess?!!

• Like 7
19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

so they know it's Val [but need proof?] or they suspect it is Val now? (how did we get there?)

I can't remember the details of how Anna came by it but they (Jason & Anna) know it's Valentin because he answered a burner phone they got ahold of. So they know for sure but can't prove it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, tessaray said:

I can't remember the details of how Anna came by it but they (Jason & Anna) know it's Valentin because he answered a burner phone they got ahold of. So they know for sure but can't prove it. 

Anna is looking for the files in his throat with her tongue. So it should be any minute now.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
On 6/22/2024 at 9:08 AM, ffwbe said:

Now others who are grieving Gregory like Tracy, Alexis, and especially Chase and Violet are having to put their own feelings on the back burner to worry about Finn, 

Tracy pointed this out to Finn today. She was livid that he said things like he's sorry Violet "had to see that" and "Why are you doing this to me?!" JE does a WTF exasperated/angry face really well making this point that it's all about Violet's welfare. She also does heartbroken well, asking Diane for a restraining order against Finn.

Lois is WAYYY too much for Violet, and also, it's not her house. Why is Lois living there after the wedding?? Chase, dear, you don't need to thank Lois when it's your wife's family home.

Spinelli, Jason does not love Carly the way you love Maxie. FFS.

So, all it takes is an apology for Molly and TJ to decide they're going to be great parents with a great kid, and for Molly to want sex? This couple has spent zero time with Kristina trying to bond with the baby during pregnancy. The baby will want to hear Kristina's voice, not theirs. They are so awful.

KM did a nice job of Kristina confronting Ava re: Alexis. 

Preview: Finn accusing Diane of helping Chase "steal" Violet from him. Ughhh.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I can't watch Wagger and Carly flirt and not feel nauseated.

I get that Chase is worried, angry, grieving, etc., but he has to dial back the "Violet's life is irredeemably ruined!" talk. Has she had a tough time? Definitely, but it's a little early for her to be permanently scarred. She has adults who love her and are looking out for her. Someone is going to need to tell her what's going on with Finn (in an age-appropriate way) before too long, but right now she's being well taken care of, and Chase should be focusing on that, not on any future consequences.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Violet's life is irredeemably ruined!"

is equivalent to BLQ saying that Finn was in a "full blown alcoholic downward spiral" after getting drunk once or Chase comparing Finn's drinking to what he has seen on the job(very very bad situations I imagine) after Finn had a few drinks. The writing has gone from 0 to 100 for everyone, way too much catastrophizing the situation. The the actors have been doing a good job with what they  are given though.

Edited by Blackie
edited to add the word catastrophizing because I thought is summed it up!
  • Like 3

I am getting TJ whiplash. 

Yes Carly, as Spinelli said, the most imortant gift you can give to Jason and to every other human on this planet is your happiness, because I think I speak for everyone when I say that it is our foremost concern, trumping even our own children's welfare. Now, do the right thing and enjoy being rich and entitled without really having to work for it or suffer any consequences for your actions and crimes. I know I will sleep well tonight knowing you are still free to bask in your supreme Carliness. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 14
  • LOL 2

I don't understand Spinelli's argument about why Jason chose to protect Carly.  He points out that, although Jason was out of their lives, Jake and Danny each have another parent.  Doesn't Donna have another parent?

I wonder what they will do about the fact that Finn has designated Liz as Violet's guardian in the event of his death or incapacitation.  Guessing there's a reason they reminded us about that just the other day. 

Has Sonny had some sort of miraculous cure of his undertreated bipolar condition?  Or is it just writer's amnesia (aka wramnesia™)?

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, JMO said:

I don't understand Spinelli's argument about why Jason chose to protect Carly.  He points out that, although Jason was out of their lives, Jake and Danny each have another parent.  Doesn't Donna have another parent?

I wonder what they will do about the fact that Finn has designated Liz as Violet's guardian in the event of his death or incapacitation.  Guessing there's a reason they reminded us about that just the other day. 

Spinelli said Jake and Danny each had their mothers and that Jason would be thinking that Donna needed her mother. (We know from the Jason-Anna talk that was exactly his justification.) Nevermind the fact that Donna has four adult siblings, two of whom are parents, who could take care of her regardless of whether Sonny was living, dead, in hiding or in prison. 

I don't think Chase and BLQ know that Finn chose Elizabeth as guardian. BLQ has made the point before that Elizabeth has her own kids; I guess she thinks protecting Violet should be up to her and Chase since they are family and child-less for now. Of course, the entrance to the Quartermaine property has security and Elizabeth's house does not. 

• Like 3

I had to laugh when Carly said she was going to turn herself in, consequences to her be damned! The FBI would come up with another way to force Jason to work for them. She's so dumb.

Carly doesn't know Jason is supposed to find out who's the head of Pikeman, right? All she knows is that Pikeman is involved somehow?

I wish they'd have Ava do whatever it is she's biding her time to do. It's gross to watch Sonny continually treat her like dirt and she takes it.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 5

Carly claiming she’ll sacrifice herself never has any teeth to it. We all know she won’t do it. She hems and haws about it when she can easily just go and turn herself in. It’s just the writers way of bailing her out of the fact that men always fall on a sword for her

• Like 8
  • Applause 7

Brooklyn walks into the Quartermaine family house and thanks Lois for letting them stay? Then Chase thanks Lois for putting them up? What?

Lois is free loading guest not a Quartermaine. Everyone should be thanking Monica and the Q's for the extended staying including Lois. Why is she still there? Does she not have a life, home, job? She's not a Quartermaine. I'm no Olivia fan but at least she is one. Thank her, Monica or Tracy. 

Good for Kristina calling out Ava. But seems that look at end of tiramisu talk not looking good. 

Spinelli had his daughter away from her mother for years, what would he do for Maxie?  Carly is special that Jason must sacrifice his sons for her. What happens to Donna? Donna has a father, nanny, and other family. Jason made his choice this isn't on the FBI. 

Since Sonny divorced his wife over betrayal over truth telling something Carly did. Ava turned in Alexis over something she did. Shouldn't Sonny treat Ava the same? 

Restraining orders?  Emergency custody.  They are really pushing this fast. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Since Sonny divorced his wife over betrayal over truth telling something Carly did. Ava turned in Alexis over something she did. Shouldn't Sonny treat Ava the same? 

Sonny never blessed Nina with the fruit of his loins so she does not get the benefit of another chance. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish they'd have Ava do whatever it is she's biding her time to do. It's gross to watch Sonny continually treat her like dirt and she takes it.

Why doesn't she move out??? They aren't exactly romantically involved, and supposedly the only reason she's there is for some kind of protection (from who, again?), but she's out and about everywhere, so if anyone wanted to hurt her (and she's working on making that list longer), they could do it anywhere in PC. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Ava is living with Sonny so she can eavesdrop on his bidness and...do something with that information. They seem to have dropped the plot point about Sonny's meds being at half dosage, so Ava isn't talking to pharmacists anymore.

This story is spinning its wheels.

• Like 4

Cujo can just  FUCK OFF

Only here, are the cops/federal agents "bastards" for doing their fucking jobs, while the mob, particularly Mooby, is just misunderstood and a good guy because he donates.

Could not stop the RAGE BLACKOUT when Jagger told Cujo she was his closest friend in Port Charles. Please, please, let him be playing her. Because I just can't. Why isn't he reconnecting with Lois? I mean their friendship or building up one...oh wait. She's another Mooby apologist. His only friend from his time in this FAKAKTA town, ROBIN, lives in California. Get your butt reassigned over there, Jagger.

Only on this SHOW would they ruin what could have been a good working relationship with Anna and Jagger. Nothing short of Valentin telling her he knows she's been trying to play him to get evidence will open her eyes.

And I just need her ass fired, and Mac put in her place. Not that he'll win, because the good guys never have since Mooby showed up, but he'll do a hell of a better job trying.

Maybe Robin can SLAP whatever good sense Anna might have back into her. This is like Dewk all over again. I miss the Anna who went after Faison after they found Robin alive. THAT Anna could run circles around the likes of Brennan and Valentin.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nothing short of Valentin telling her he knows she's been trying to play him to get evidence will open her eyes.

Today it's hard to decide who's the bigger idiot - Anna or Carly. I rolled my eyes when Valentin suggested they could be together away from Port Charles. Yes, Anna, you should be embarrassed at having the awkward conversation with Jason.

The Elizabeth-Jason scenes were good. So, Jason actually wants to spend time with Jake doing something Jake loves. I almost laughed that he (without Elizabeth realizing it) thanked her for not parenting like Sam.

Finn trying to guilt Diane and then lying to and trying to manipulate Scott was pretty gross/pathetic. I don't feel sorry for him as he's tearfully holding Violet's stuffed animal and calling for alcohol delivery. Are we supposed to cheer that he threw the bottles? I didn't.

So much for Ava being clever. She barely got some stuff together before having the door quite literally slammed in her face.

Also, all that green makeup on Maxie's eyes is a crime against fashion.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava is living with Sonny so she can eavesdrop on his bidness and...do something with that information. They seem to have dropped the plot point about Sonny's meds being at half dosage, so Ava isn't talking to pharmacists anymore.

This story is spinning its wheels.

Ava may have been satisfied with what she learned so she hung around for whatever reason for her own unknown agenda. But given what Valentine said towards the end of the episode, the med switch is still going on and he believes that Sonny is unbalanced and can’t stop his scheme. Ava was just a side story to that

• Love 1

I swear Steve Burton has a sweet crush on Rebecca Herbst in real life, probably for a long time! It just comes right through the screen when they have scenes together like they did today at the hospital talking about the baseball game for Jake. ♥️

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Really, Ava? You're shocked—shocked!—Sonny told you to move out? Staying with him was always going to be at Sonny's whim.

Carly didn't have to tell Brennan the whole story to find out if the FBI would keep its deal with Jason. Such stupid writing. I wish I could hope that Brennan would exploit Carly for all he can, but I know he won't, so... Sigh.

I liked that Scott was able to use his own experience with alcohol to see Finn was not in a place to sue anyone, and Scott knew that wasn't Finn's rock bottom by a long shot.

Because I'm an oldz, Finn ordering—by phone!—liquor to be delivered reminded me of Sarah T: Portrait of a Teenage Alcoholic.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Really, Ava? You're shocked—shocked!—Sonny told you to move out? Staying with him was always going to be at Sonny's whim.

I liked that Scott was able to use his own experience with alcohol to see Finn was not in a place to sue anyone, and Scott knew that wasn't Finn's rock bottom by a long shot.

Especially when she shrugged off Alexis being disbarred and "Kristina's tantrum" knowing how much Sonny values having a good relationship with his daughter. 

When did Scott have an alcoholism storyline? I don't remember it. Also, seeing Scott today with Elizabeth, I was expecting Dr. O to appear and start shrieking at Scott that him talking to her again proves his disloyalty to the late "Britta" and therefore their relationship. Or did Dr. O leave Port Charles and I missed it?

I really don't understand what Anna sees in Valentin.  I guess he used to have some air of mystery, but for quite a while all he's been is awkward and whiny.  

Re: whether Jagger is playing Carly, my vote is 'yes', since he knows he might actually end up arresting her.  I think Carly should get involved with Brennan, and maybe Anna and Jagger can have a fling, until they each realize how old they are.

Liz still brings out a softer side of Jason, which reminds me of long ago in a nice way.  But I'm not willing to invest too much into this particular version of Jason until or unless I see some consistency.

The Finn situation is dramatic, but none of the legal aspects are even remotely close to reality.  Still, if the actors bring it, I'll try to pretend.

As to whether GH is the only place where the FBI can be vilified for the sake of the accused----doesn't anyone else watch opinion TV or follow Twitter?  It might be the most realistic part of the show these days. 

• Like 4

So Jason stood outside Valentin's house all night while Anna got her groove back, er, I mean, did her super amazing spycraft. I swear she searched that same bookshelf yesterday.    

Sonny is never more believable as a heartless mobster misogynist as when he is tossing a woman out the door like a bag of trash. 

Okay I have watched many episodes of Intervention where the parent is taking all kinds of drugs and/or an alcoholic and often turning tricks or selling drugs to make a living and they STILL have their kids with them. I find it hard to believe they got those court orders without even evaluating Finn or opening an investigation. 

• Like 3

"You killed Connie." - Color me shocked the writers remembered that.

Liked Liz telling Jason that she will protect her relationship with Jake and not try and sway his decisions, re having a relationship with Jason.  She's probably the best mom on the canvas right now (which I suppose is a low bar, but still).

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Wasn’t it only a couple months back where Ava was so smug towards Nina about how she understood Sonny so much better than her? She really thought he wouldn’t care about her lashing out towards Alexis when I feel like Alexis ranks higher on the baby mama scale than Ava does? They might have also been a ons but Sonny actually seemed to like her when they slept together and they repaired their friendship years ago while on the other hand, he was begrudgingly getting along with Ava for Avery’s sake. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She really thought he wouldn’t care about her lashing out towards Alexis when I feel like Alexis ranks higher on the baby mama scale than Ava does?

Well, at least Sonny is consistent in his criminal and misogynistic outlook. (It would have been enraging if Ava had gotten a pass on ratting out Alexis.) 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Okay I have watched many episodes of Intervention where the parent is taking all kinds of drugs and/or an alcoholic and often turning tricks or selling drugs to make a living and they STILL have their kids with them. I find it hard to believe they got those court orders without even evaluating Finn or opening an investigation. 

They are trying to rush the story. Finn’s been drinking for like a week and hasn’t placed Violet in any dangerous situations or been arrested for anything. Hell he wasn’t even drinking and driving as far as we know. We’ve only seen him drunk in his own home a couple times. There’s no court system that would act this fast to have his child removed from his custody. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

You can stay with your friends who you have left. Lol  I like off his meds Sonny sometimes.  Then slamming the door in her face. lol

Ava judging someone on taking responsibility on breaking the law is a joke as much as Carly doing it. 

The rapid court orders and going after Finn in hours or days is not logical and actually just makes me side with him.  We saw him drinking at a bar once and home a couple times. He should sue the hospital, that whole Liz going to Portia convo was out of line and all this with Violet is ridiculous too. 

Elizabeth encouraging Jake to be with his deadbeat Carly is his priority father doesn't make her look great. She should be standing in the way for the safety of her son from someone who was shot at days ago. She cares more about catering to Jason than her son safety. 

So Anna slept with Valentine to get evidence still?  A phone on a bookshelf sounds like bad hiding place. 

Anna is ok with Jason and Carly not getting punished for crimes,  but Valentine has to be. 

Brennan should tell all this Carly news to Valentine. 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She really thought he wouldn’t care about her lashing out towards Alexis when I feel like Alexis ranks higher on the baby mama scale than Ava does? They might have also been a ons but Sonny actually seemed to like her when they slept together and they repaired their friendship years ago while on the other hand, he was begrudgingly getting along with Ava for Avery’s sake. 

Ava is arrogant, which is why she thought she could manipulate Sonny into taking her side about Alexis and convince him that Kristina was having a pregnant hormonal "tantrum." She underestimated how much he wants to regain Kristina's adoration and that Alexis absolutely ranks higher on the baby mama scale than she does. Kristina loves her mother and Alexis hasn't played a part in the deaths of anyone close to Sonny. Ava has been holding onto this secret for two years (including however long she's living with Sonny) in addition to getting away with messing with Morgan's meds and murdering Connie. So Sonny thinks, Ava's been lying to my face and my daughter has good reason to despise her? Okay, she's gone. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Cujo proved today she is the STOOPIDEST MAROON and DUMBER than a box of rocks. Telling Brennan that Jason is an FBI informant just put a BIG FAT target on Jason’s back. The guy she’s been obsessed with nearly 30 years and claims to LOVELOVELOVE. And she thanked Brennan?!

From what I know of some cases where the feds have used informants they made deals with, they uphold them. Of course this is fiction where good is bad and bad/evuhl is good. No way Brennan won’t tell Valentin.

What the fuck, Anna?!! What are you? 15?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 8

I don't mind the speed of Finn's drinking story. I don't need weeks and weeks of him drowning his sorrows in a bottle and then sobbing and telling everyone to back off, he's fine.

Compared to the glacial pace of the idiotic Pikeman story, one that has some forward movement is more than welcome to me.

• Like 10
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't mind the speed of Finn's drinking story. I don't need weeks and weeks of him drowning his sorrows in a bottle and then sobbing and telling everyone to back off, he's fine.

Compared to the glacial pace of the idiotic Pikeman story, one that has some forward movement is more than welcome to me.

Same. I've already had enough. I'm glad his exit is that he's going to rehab.

Kudos to AS, JE, JS and ME. The BLQ-Tracy scenes were beautifully written and acted (the only part I didn't like was the "mother energy" line that included Sasha). Tracy tearfully hugging Finn, heartbreaking. Although I expect that the Finn-Violet goodbye scenes will be much more so.

Sasha, what's going on with Violet and her family is none of your business and it's definitely none of Cody's. 

So now Sonny treats Trina as nothing more than an Ava rep.? I suppose he's so self-absorbed he doesn't even remember this is the young lady his beloved nephew loved so much that he "died" to protect her. Then he shows up to assure Alexis and Kristina that he kicked Ava out and he's on their side. What an ass.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3