Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

The Jax version of Carly was the only one I liked, and I think he drew out aspects of her character that we don't really see any more.  I do think it would be nice for Joss to have her father back in town, and I suspect he'd have some thoughts about Dex---but given that we currently have Sonny, Drew, newly-returned Jason and possible even Jagger and/or Brennan there to interact with Carly, I think it's unlikely we'll see the Aussie.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

honestly that was my favourite Carly pairing because it honestly felt like she grew up, she realised that she didn't want to be a mob moll, and then Michael got shot and you thought it was gonna ice it solid but nope. carly couldn't quit them

Carly letting Sonny do Jax the way he did to win that custody fight was a huge black mark on her character and something they never fully dealt with IMO. I agree it was a whole new paradigm for her as a character for a while, and Jax was a loving and devoted father to her sons. Unfortunately you can't really go back and deal with that now (and I'm not talking about a romantic reunion at this point, I think that ship has sailed) as Ingo has made himself persona non grata, and a recast would not click the same.

• Like 6
53 minutes ago, JMO said:

The Jax version of Carly was the only one I liked, and I think he drew out aspects of her character that we don't really see any more. 

True. I remember when Carly generously gave their original wedding date to Luke and Laura ahead of their ill-fated third (?) marriage. It still stands out in my mind because it was so uncharacteristic of Carly and I felt Jasper had something to do with that.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jsbt said:

Carly letting Sonny do Jax the way he did to win that custody fight was a huge black mark on her character and something they never fully dealt with IMO.

That was appalling on so many levels, and it was really disappointing that Carly didn't get more heat for not doing more to stop Sonny. But even back then she was fairly immune to any consequences for her actions.

• Like 6

Maybe they will bring back RoHo as Jax. I seem to remember he had some chemistry with LW as Todd ..but that was a lot of RoHos ago, so it's a bit foggy. 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Maybe they will bring back RoHo as Jax.

Roho's Jax : "Crikey, mate, let's fire up the barbie.  Good on ya.  Pass me some Doritos." <munches>

• LOL 15
(edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 7:10 PM, Sake614 said:

With any luck Jason will pass out and fall down the stairs right into their laps and end up in jail. It won’t last, but he should be right at home there

Ava, wtf Are you thinking? WHY do you want Sonny? After the way he’s treated you over the years, you should want to be far, far away from him!

I got a good laugh at Anna calling Carly out that from how she's acting Jason is obviously in her house/on her property and to get out of the way. It's good to see that Anna has a few functional brain cells to figure out that they would likely find him on Jason and Robin's bridge. I laughed at Jason's "oh shit" look.  I rolled my eyes at him jumping into freezing cold water with a gunshot wound. Is that the Q property where he passed out?
ETA: Think about Ava's last relationships: Griffin chose her daughter. Ryan conned her into believing he was Kevin, and brutally murdered her daughter. Nikolas cheated on her with his son's teenage girlfriend and got her pregnant, then held the pregnant girl prisoner in their home,Wyndemere,  without Ava's knowledge.  In contrast, she has a comfortable co-parenting relationship with her (living) daughter's father since he's become distant with Carly, she understands his lifestyle due to her own Mob history, and they have some chemistry (as compared to MB and LW's non-existent chemistry). 

I also laughed at how the writers have given TJ a really bad memory. Uh, TJ, Dante is not just Kristina's family - he's Molly's cousin because she's Sonny's niece. TJ (previous actor) even lived with Sonny for a time when he was a teenager and liked him, if IIRC. Hey dude, if you don't want a baby who is related to the Mob because of the danger, don't pick one of Sonny's family members to be your domestic partner (they didn't know Molly couldn't have kids way back when). And did I hear right, this baby is actually Kristina and TJ's biological child?!

The scenes of Elizabeth/Danny, Finn/Jake/Elizabeth and Alexis/Danny were great!  Sam, as usual in a crappy mom. 

I can only roll my eyes at Sonny and Sam, esp. Sam calling Dante's shooter a "monster."

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Applause 5
(edited)

Finn, you aren't Jake's father, so stop lecturing him about the evils of vape pens. Tell Elizabeth and let her handle her son.

10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Hey dude, if you don't want a baby who is related to the Mob because of the danger, don't pick one of Sonny's family members to be your domestic partner (they didn't know Molly couldn't have kids way back when).

To be fair, too many people in Port Charles are related to Sonny or his family. But don't pick a surrogate who is Sonny's daughter, hmm?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I got a good laugh at Anna calling Carly out that from how she's acting Jason is obviously in her house/on her property and to get out of the way. It's good to see that Anna has a few functional brain cells to figure out that they would likely find him on Jason and Robin's bridge.

Of course he would.

I rolled my eyes at him jumping into freezing cold water with a gunshot wound.

Good grief.

And did I hear right, this baby is actually Kristina and TJ's biological child?!

Yes. Kristina is their surrogate.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Finn, you aren't Jake's father, so stop lecturing him about the evils of vape pens. Tell Elizabeth and let her handle her son.

i don't have a problem with this. I grew up in a culture of "It takes a village". a tonne of adults in my life have taken me to task because they know me and thus care about me (and have a relationship with my parents so it's also not coming from somewhere out of the blue). 

Finn is a doctor, in Jake's life, he knows it, so tell him. and then tell Liz so Liz can double down on that lecture. i don't see why he shouldn't say anything just because he's not Jake's father.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes. Kristina is their surrogate.

I knew that but I missed the part about Kristina using her own egg. I thought Molly's condition meant her body couldn't carry a pregnancy to term, not that Molly had zero viable eggs. 

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i don't have a problem with this. I grew up in a culture of "It takes a village". a tonne of adults in my life have taken me to task because they know me and thus care about me (and have a relationship with my parents so it's also not coming from somewhere out of the blue). 

It's a fine line, IMO. If Jake had been using the vape when Finn walked in, that's one thing. But Finn found it on the floor (or wherever). One mention that it's bad is fine, but even with being Elizabeth's partner, they don't live together. But I like that Finn bowed out once Jake showed Elizabeth the vape. That was the right time.

It's not as if Jason would say anything if he were taken to the PCPD, so he might as well jump off the bridge. Too bad he won't get swept to the Pennsylvania side and lost forever. 

We haven't really seen Alexis in grandma mode before, have we? The scenes with Danny were nice.

Previews: Heather (ugh), and Carly yelling at Drew (just cut the idiot loose, lady; you know you want to now that Jason is back).

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I knew that but I missed the part about Kristina using her own egg. I thought Molly's condition meant her body couldn't carry a pregnancy to term, not that Molly had zero viable eggs. 

Oh, okay. Yeah, what better way to add more manufactured and forced rancor and discord between the sisters that suddenly showed up?

Please tell me that Jagger was able to continue to search the house, despite the shebeast's whining to Diane to make them stop.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, Molly's eggs were not good, so the first surrogate also used her egg which she then miscarried.  The baby is biologically Kristina/TJ and Alexis had brought that up at some point, that they would need to understand the legal logistics of that.  

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Please tell me that Jagger was able to continue to search the house, despite the shebeast's whining to Diane to make them stop.

Carly shrieked and Anna told her to step asside or she would get arrested.  They checked the house and he was gone.  He went to the bridge and Anna figured that's where he would go so they showed up there.  He jumped over into the water so they couldn't arrest him and he washed up at the Q boarhouse.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

He jumped over into the water so they couldn't arrest him and he washed up at the Q boathouse.  

The Pennsylvania side? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
7 minutes ago, Blackie said:

You mean the main house?  

Oopsie, I meant boathouse.  The Millow house would be considered the borehouse!!!

3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

The Pennsylvania side? 

Unfortunately not.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12

Whole scene with TJ and Jordan had me rolling my eyes. NOW TJ is worried that the baby will be related to Sonny? He’s been singing Sonny’s praises for years. He even lived with the mobster and was quick to defend Sonny against everyone including his own mother. 

I did love that Anna wasn’t taking any shit from Carly and told her to get out of the way or be arrested. 

I really liked Alexis with Danny. 

the Finn/Jake scene was okay but a bit preachy. There are no teen viewers watching this fiasco so the whole thing kinda fell flat as a PSA.

previews: Carly to Drew: ‘why are you so certain Jason is guilty?’ Cue the end of Crew in 3, 2, 1…

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I do love Anna and co. being smart about exactly where Jason would go: First Carly, then the bridge.

47 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I did love that Anna wasn’t taking any shit from Carly and told her to get out of the way or be arrested.

Anna being her smart detective self and figuring out exactly where Jason would go--she was right both times:):)--was fabulous but the best part was her completely disregarding Carly's nonsense and cutting right to the truth.  I also loved her "I'll tell you on the way" to John Cates because she didn't want to risk Carly's tipping Jason off--Law enforcement for the win:):)

Alexis in cool grandma mode was a nice change of pace.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
51 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The end of Crew started the minute they announced that SBu was coming back. 

It cracks me up how quickly and thoroughly Drew is being thrown under the bus for Jason's return. They are making it so that Carly will practically have no choice but to end it with Drew and get back with Jason.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Cujo is such maroon!!  Like the cops can’t search when they have a warrant and that they have to wait for her lawyer to come before they can search! And I know it’s plot! but not needing the lawyer present isn’t just when served with a federal warrant. My education from the school of Law & Order  taught me that. So I was 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that all her harping and shrieking didn’t do her any good, nor did the call to Diane.

YES! My smart and AWESOME Anna made an appearance! Please, please, PLEASE stay! 
It’s clear that Jagger has had a positive influence on her. Despite the wrong coloring, he can stay.

And Cody was just like Sam-no affect or emotion at Dante being in the hospital.

SHUT UP, TJ. 

Could Mooby have been any more dismissive toward Elizabeth? Take some SEATS, you ASS.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Competent law enforcement and active parenting? What show am I watching??

I know, right? It’s just odd that Jason preferred to jump, when being in custody wouldn’t have been an issue. He would just sit there like a zombie and blink occasionally. At least he would get someone to patch him up properly.🤣🤣🤣

Drew better get ready to become the shit Cujo is going to scrape off the bottom of her shoe.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

I’m finding KM’s acting to be blah. This is the first time in like 4 years that Sam has gotten heavy focus and material that wasn’t recapping or playing the happy girlfriend and she’s so flat. She’s never had problems playing emotional and angry scenes in the past so not sure what’s up 

• Like 6

So Sam’s love,who is a cop, is shot. She asks the resident mobster to get the shooter. No faith in the police department that her love works for. 

Kellys problem is maybe too many Botox shots. 

But she may be playing the opposite of over the top hysterical Olivia. On the surface being calm but inside scared. 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Anna to John: “After Stone died, Jason and Robin became close.”  Way to downplay their relationship there, show.  

That pissed me off. Why is it that every writer in the past five years or so, is hell bent on dismissing Jason and Robin’s relationship? And trying to retcon their moments and feelings onto Cujo and Jason?!🤬🤬🤬 Followed by changing the bridge-which was Jason and Robin’s PLACE, to Cujo and Jason’s. Since the FUCK when? Do BETTER, Mulcahey!

And also, Jagger should have known about the bridge-it was the same one Stone bungee jumped from after he was diagnosed with AIDS.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know, right? It’s just odd that Jason preferred to jump,

I think it had a lot to do with Anna, his "friend"/his first love's mother, pointing a gun at him to surrender and saying "we'll straighten this out ..."  As usual he wants to do things his own way - but I think he also didn't want to put Anna in the position of having to shoot him for struggling with cops/resisting arrest. 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think it had a lot to do with Anna, his "friend"/his first and  love's love of his life’s mother, pointing a gun at him to surrender and saying "we'll straighten this out ..."  As usual he wants to do things his own way - but I think he also didn't want to put Anna in the position of having to shoot him for struggling with cops/resisting arrest. 

There. Fixed that for you!😂 Hmmm, that’s a good point since up until today, she’s never called him for being the criminal he’s been because of Robin and their relationship.

Still, I 🤣🤣🤣 when he toppled and passed out in the boathouse. I shudder to think who finds him tomorrow.

WHAAAAT?

The show treats poor Rocco like an afterthought. First he got no POV about Lulu while Charlotte got to say goodbye, an onscreen visit and multiple scenes taking about her absence and now Danny sneaks out to check on Dante while Rocco elected to stay home and be there for Scout. 

• Like 3

I know the show mostly ignores the connection these days but Molly is Sonny’s niece so the Sonny connection was there no matter who the surrogate was. It made TJ sound clueless but as usual, he’s probably just looking for an excuse to judge Kristina and make it obvious how much he didn’t want her to be the surrogate. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 8

Rocco did just talk about Lulu with Laura last week. I don't mind them delegating stuff among the kids. I do think the kid playing Rocco is a better actor.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

nd also, Jagger should have known about the bridge-it was the same one Stone bungee jumped from after he was diagnosed with AIDS.

Jagger wasn't in town when that occurred. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

She’s never had problems playing emotional and angry scenes in the past so not sure what’s up 

I have seen Kelly barely roll out of bed and turn up on-camera many times over the last 20 years, so I will agree to disagree. I do think she is not phoning it in this time, but I also think she is restrained. Which frankly I don't mind.

I think Sam wanting Sonny to take care of the shooter was less about not trusting Dante's department and more about her wanting quick revenge. This town is addicted to Sonny's frontier justice.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I think Sam wanting Sonny to take care of the shooter was less about not trusting Dante's department and more about her wanting quick revenge. This town is addicted to Sonny's frontier justice.

Sam (along with most of the canvas) has spent the bulk of her time on the show not trusting the PCPD and aligned with the mob. Her behavior is not surprising to me, even if she does love Dante.

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Anna to John: “After Stone died, Jason and Robin became close.”  Way to downplay their relationship there, show.  

Maybe the show's writers were trying to downplay the relationship, but I think her line really demonstrated that she only ever heard about - never witnessed - Robin and Jason's relationship. She has, in fact, been mostly an absentee mother to Robin for most of Robin's life. Not to mention that John/Jagger just called her out a few episodes ago for how she has handled herself with Jason's former boss/best bud due to guilt over not being there for Robin. She may also be concerned that John/Jagger would have disdain for Robin's long ago romantic feelings for Jason the criminal.

@GHScorpiosRule I think of Elizabeth as Jason's second love.  They had phenomenal chemistry, and she was not inherently connected to his Sonny/ S&C caretaker life as his ex-wives have been. As far as I know, defending Elizabeth was the only time he ever screamed at Carly to shut up. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

I think of Elizabeth as Jason's second love.  They had phenomenal chemistry, and she was not inherently to connected to his Sonny/ S&C caretaker life as his ex wives have been. As far as I know, defending Elizabeth was the only time he ever screamed at Carly to shut up.

Agree! And that time Jason yelled at her:”You SHUT UP ABOUT ELIZABETH!” Was GLORIOUS! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

TJ only now realizes the baby is tied to Sonny?  Even if it was Molly's baby still would be tied to Sonny.  Has he forgotten he's her uncle? Sonny being shot at isn't new.  That was a stupid conversation that is a bit late for now, Kristina is pregnant. Molly is also a Cassadine. 

So we see Danny because he's Jason's son. He gets to escape to see Dante but not Rocco?

Good for Cody being at the hospital as Dante's best friend. 

Surprised Anna was actually like a cop when talking to Carly. 

Jason's made no attempt to come back for years, he let these people who love him think he was dead, but these people just ignore that and lining up to find and hide him? 

Carly of course didn't seem to care about Sonny being at the hospital for 2 bullets in his son.  Defend and coddling if Jason always priority. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

When Carly said "Wait outside until my lawyer gets here," I was like, OMG the show doesn't know how search warrants work! Then John goes "I don't think you know how search warrants work!" 😍😍

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And also, Jagger should have known about the bridge-it was the same one Stone bungee jumped from after he was diagnosed with AIDS.

I forgot about that. That bridge is high enough to bungee off of and all of the these people are surviving jumping/falling off it! 🤣 Jason is still a wimp though, cuz Sonny had his bridge fall with him and still lived! Jason merely has a flesh wound.  

• Love 6

I don’t understand why Jason is running away from law enforcement unless he thinks the FBI is infiltrated by whoever but I’m willing to go along the ride for now.

Not sure who will help him at the boathouse but hope it’ll be someone that will make it fun. 

• LOL 1

And didn’t Sam fall off that bridge and land in the dirt? Where she proceeded to give birth through her pants?

2 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Not sure who will help him at the boathouse but hope it’ll be someone that will make it fun. 

With our luck it’ll be Wiley 🤣

• LOL 7

I buy that Carly would reject any notion of Jason trying to kill Sonny or Dante. Finding it interesting that they are writing Sonny as more willing to consider it.

Surprised we haven't seen any discussion from John about his past with Jason Q.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maybe the show's writers were trying to downplay the relationship, but I think her line really demonstrated that she only ever heard about - never witnessed - Robin and Jason's relationship.

Given when Jason and Carly were going to get married and suddenly confessed their feelings to each other and the show rewrote his feelings as "it's always been you, Carly," we'll just agree to disagree.