Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Since Jacobs Stone was willingly gone and let his kids think he was dead makes me hope that Act-Out-Angry-Teen-Danny will NEVER forgive him.

As if. We'll be lucky if Danny is even peeved. Ugh. Maybe Aidan can shoulder that burden, despite the entire town telling him he's wrong and Jason must be forgiven, since he's the town savior.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

From Chase's seemingly multi-year long suspension to their poor health plan (at least in the Lucky days), it's obvious the PCPD union doesn't exist or consists of the Port Charles equivalent of Brooklyn 99's Scully and Hitchcock. So why wouldn't their officers be wearing the vests that didn't pass quality control?

HA! The PCPD wishes they were on the same level as Hitchcock and Scully. At least H&S actually solved crimes back in their heyday.

image.thumb.jpeg.da2630d94e3cf43d69371f3f3c9d939b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Soooo, Maxie generously forgives Brooklyn for totally fucking over Deception and BLQ promises Maxie that she is only running the company to trick Tracey, get control, and give it back to Maxie. But now BLQ changes her mind and betrays Maxie again by coming clean to Tracey, agreeing to run Deception for a few years when she will decide IF that's enough for her and she still wants to go off and persue her dream job in music. (What a Princess!) And Tracy, should that happen, says she'll SELL her shares back to Maxie and Sasha.  

Yes, of course, Anna is not playing any favorites with Sonny, excepting she hauls Ms. Wu and her bodyguard to the station for questioning, while she chats casually with Sonny. Then she has the gall to say to Sonny: "Now if I catch wind you are engaged in criminal activity, I will come after you." Um, Anna dear, he is a MOBSTER and IS ALWAYS engaged in criminal activity. Ugh. In real life, the cops would have probably shot Sonny and Ava when they pulled out guns when the shot rang out! 

• Like 10

Tracy stealing Deception for BL has always been lame and I don’t root for them screwing over Maxie and Lucy who did all the work while BL was half assing things because she was either focused on music or spending the day creating desktop wallpapers of Chase to moon over. BL has never shown any business acumen, she’s a dim bulb who Tracy and others are doing all the work for while she gets the credit. Not all that different than her nepo baby cousin Michael.

The fact that they keep bringing Tracy and ignoring ELQ is mind boggling. We heard her rant about the Cassadines before yet she’s meh about the fact that Valentin has had control of her family’s company since 2020? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Tracy stealing Deception for BL has always been lame and I don’t root for them screwing over Maxie and Lucy who did all the work while BL was half assing things ....

honestly i just handwave this to basically: Tracy stole it to get the 1% stock back and Lucy no longer has control (which always drove her nuts) - and I basically feel that was the main drive. She really doesn't want Deception and Dillion wouldn't want it, Ned wouldn't want it so why not secure it for her granddaughter. 

I do remember Tracy saying in a prior visit that it took her a long time to get over ELQ and the hold it had on her and she didn't really want to go back down that road (which i figure was real growth on her part there). 

• Like 7

Is Jason immortal? How does he always return from the dead?

Can they stop the Cyrus redemption tour

Noone believes him 

• Like 1
(edited)

I honestly find Cyrus incredibly tiresome. I remember Jeff Kober dominating '80s and '90s movies and TV as the go-to creep in a million things, I loved him back in the day. I was impressed when he turned up out of the blue on GH. But he's almost never been intimidating to me in this role; Cyrus comes off like a feeble old man to me at all times, his tragic backstory of how he ran over Pop-Pop in the driveway maybe by accident on purpose is hilarious, and the endless attempts to plug him into the canvas despite being a crotchety old mob boss are even more extraneous for me than when they tried to keep crazy old Anthony Zacchara going indefinitely. Now he's supposed to be Luna Moody on the radio from Llanview? Please just move this along and write him out along with approximately 30 other people.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

I can't wait for Tracy's reaction to Jason being alive.  I hope they can have a scene with Monica and Jason. 

Surprised Anna wasn't bowing at Sonny's feet.  This is the same Anna who went and lived with him instead of going to Felicia or Robert? 

Chase left Dante to go after 2 suspects alone? Jason has his memory so he's just been alive and made no attempt to see his kids. 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Surprised Anna wasn't bowing at Sonny's feet.  This is the same Anna who went and lived with him instead of going to Felicia or Robert? 

Unfortunately it’s only going to get worse now that Jason’s back. Anna and him investigated together a bunch during his last return and the show was even more into Jason cosplaying a cop than Sonny. He would constantly go into the PCPD and interrogate people and they would feed him info. There was even a laughable scene where he tried to offer a plea deal to someone for information, I can’t remember who at the moment. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I am a sucker for a back from the dead story but I do find this setup intriguing. He's not an amnesiac, he's not brainwashed. I'm happy with those choices. And while I know Carly and Sonny will handwave his absence I do hope the character faces some consequences from Sam and Liz for abandoning the boys. And from Monica if Leslie is available to tape. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I am a sucker for a back from the dead story but I do find this setup intriguing. He's not an amnesiac, he's not brainwashed. I'm happy with those choices.

Me too. What makes me curious is the WSB connection being pushed forward. The agency has been compromised before, or it could be some rogue element. Could Jason finally be WSB?

I would love to see Leslie but I frankly doubt it's possible rn and fear for the future there. I just hope she and JJY are recovering well.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Honestly i would be fine with a hand-waved "Monica has known the whole time" since there is precedent for that with AJ.

Jason working with the WSB would also give the character some wiggle room with not telling his kids he's alive. And Anna and Robert at least couldn't give him grief there. 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Honestly i would be fine with a hand-waved "Monica has known the whole time" since there is precedent for that with AJ.

Jason working with the WSB would also give the character some wiggle room with not telling his kids he's alive. And Anna and Robert at least couldn't give him grief there. 

I suspect he went undercover to protect Sonny. They’ve been pretty OTT with the dialogue about how Sonny has no one protecting him and Anna’s line about his guardian angel. In which case, yeah I do think he deserves blowback for letting his minor children think he’s dead. Will he get it, probably not, since he never gets called out for being a deadbeat and Sonny being his main priority has been a given for 25 years. 

• Like 13
5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I do think he deserves blowback for letting his minor children think he’s dead. Will he get it, probably not, since he never gets called out for being a deadbeat and Sonny being his main priority has been a given for 25 years. 

If Jason never got grief for being a deadbeat dad when he was living in Port Charles, I can't see him getting any (or much) just because he was presumed dead. He's always been very hands-off as a father, and I think he'd have been just as happy if the kids had never been born.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

So Jason has changed from the black leather jacket to a black hoodie? Alrighty then. The whole conversation on the grubby warehouse was so laughably bad.

Anna can just STFU; and I say this as someone who has loved her for years, until she became the mob apologist and worked with Jason, just because of his relationship with Robin.

I want so BAD, so, so BAD for Robin to have known he wasn't dead. That she was the only person he could confide in. Just because.

And I also want a horse.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I’m now really curious how bad Chris/Dan’s plan was for Jason’s return because the rewrite and delay for this stale retread is something. I laughed when Jason ran off leaving Dante bleeding out well before the ambulance showed up so Dex and Joss could stumble upon him and be the heroes. 

Whenever Sam and Olivia share scenes, all I think is Dante must have a massive Elektra complex. The Sam/Olivia scenes were nice but it still irks me how much of a bitch she was towards Lulu for daring to move on and having the gall to have Rocco around her new bf yet 5 seconds after Lulu goes into a coma, she’s gushing over Dante and Sam and was the main one pushing them together. Suddenly quickly moving on and her grandson getting a new parental figure before dealing with the trauma wasn’t an issue. 

Shouldn’t Anna be running around trying to track down the shooter? I’m pleasantly surprised that the show acknowledged that Stone has basically been Sonny’s get out of jail free pass. Lord knows they throw his name out there anytime someone calls him out for being a crappy person. However, if Ava was being sincere and not playing him with her response, she’s done for as a character. No, Sonny’s ass wasn’t helping Karen. He was a predator. 

I don’t defend the show much but I do appreciate the longer scenes we’ve been getting and fewer SLs per episode. I always found those 30-45 scenes frustrating to watch. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

This was a pretty tight episode, I thought. The warehouse scenes were really good, and I know we're making fun of the new actor because he looks more like a Viking than a Roman, but he sure is compensating with the acting. 

I thought the Ashford family scenes were out of place, but it just feels like this all the time for some reason, as were the Heather scenes, and we had those scenes with Sam and Olivia that felt obligatory. No complaints, otherwise. This can't be coming from Dan and Chris, right?

Sonny getting read for filth by Jagger was beautiful. What he did was indefensible. The whole I was trying to help her was just . . . lol. Dude, take a seat on the tall bench of crap you've pulled and got away with because of Stone.

The scenes with Laura and Cyrus were also really good. I don't know if Cyrus is really changed or if he's playing everyone especially with him being at the head of the Butt Fuck Nowhere's mob boss, which I think has been completely dropped, but I honestly don't care. 

What did med student Joss do to help Dante? I know she wasn't going to breathe into his mouth, but couldn't she at least have been the one doing the chest compressions instead of sitting by his head and brushing his hair back? 

Enough with Heather getting the drop on people like that. 

Jason was shot! Quelle surprise!!! Too bad it won't kill him.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The warehouse scenes were really good, and I know we're making fun of the new actor because he looks more like a Viking than a Roman, but he sure is compensating with the acting. 

8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sonny getting read for filth by Jagger was beautiful. What he did was indefensible. The whole I was trying to help her was just . . . lol. Dude, take a seat on the tall bench of crap you've pulled and got away with because of Stone.

This was AMAZING and I will enjoy it for as long as it lasts. Yeah, Anna, shut up, because you weren't there for Robin, so just stand there and LISTEN. This is WHO this person is. I loved his weak 'splanation. While the actor/looks wise is all wrong for Jagger, he was brilliant and wonderful in his contempt and reading the wee mobster for filth, as @YaddaYadda stated above.

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Enough with Heather getting the drop on people like that. 

I'm SO done with Allie as Heather.

12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jason was shot! Quelle surprise!!! Too bad it won't kill him.

Who's he gonna call? Britt's dead. Unless his memory of healing thyself slams into his brain, Elizabeth might be the one he goes to. Or not.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So Jason has changed from the black leather jacket to a black hoodie?

Maybe it has to do with all the new tatoos.  SBu got a boatload of tatoos down his left arm now, so maybe a black hoodie is tighter around the arms, allowing them to hide the tattoos???

18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm SO done with Allie as Heather.

Allie won an Emmy for the 'crazy" portrayal of Heather, so she's not going anywhere anytime soon.  

19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jason was shot!

He's showing up on Liz' doorstep in ....three.....two....2:53pm tomorrow.  

• LOL 6
17 hours ago, jsbt said:

the endless attempts to plug [Cyrus] into the canvas despite being a crotchety old mob boss are even more extraneous for me than when they tried to keep crazy old Anthony Zacchara going indefinitely.

This happens on the show way too often. They get a good actor to be a bad guy and then have no idea what to do with him after the initial story, so things drag on. (Though Papa Z and his hand puppets were infinitely more entertaining than Cyrus and his Man of God shtick, genuine or not.) I miss the days when "story-dictated exit" was a regular occurrence. 

Heather is also long past her freshness date. All she does is escape from custody and shriek at people about how they done Esmé wrong and Ace shall be hers. Zzzzz. 

21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Too bad this won't change how anyone sees Sonny.

Geez, it took forever for the paramedics to arrive. Good thing Jason knew how to keep Dante alive, heh.

• Like 6

I’m hoping that Jason running off doesn’t mean they’ll leave Dante unconscious indefinitely so Jason can hide in the shadows and slowly reveal himself. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Heather is also long past her freshness date. All she does is escape from custody and shriek at people about how they done Esmé wrong and Ace shall be hers. Zzzzz. 

I thought Alley Mills was an excellent recast for what I thought was a potentially unrecastable character following the great Robin Mattson. But she comes in and out so often yowling away at the top of her lungs that yeah, I need a long break. Frank rarely knows the meaning of 'story-driven exits' anymore. I'm amazed he let Esme go. Again, there's another character I am happy to see come in and out for stints like Heather or the blessedly-missing Obrecht - but not when the canvas or character is contorted to make their regular presence work.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This was a pretty tight episode, I thought. The warehouse scenes were really good, and I know we're making fun of the new actor because he looks more like a Viking than a Roman, but he sure is compensating with the acting. 

I'll give Wagger this, when they give him good dialogue he delivers fairly well. The dialogue with Sonny at the gym last week ('until you have jurisdiction over the FBI or die of shame') and at Anna's office felt tweaked by the new team and this week is no exception. I still don't need or want him around, but for the purposes of this storyline he's workable. I'd still rather see a soap vet in the mold of Sabato do this, but he's done well with better scripts.

Depending on who you ask (and again I'm going by the admin of Soap Opera Network, who is not known for nonsense but also not infallible so who knows) supposedly Mulcahey, Korte, etc. are writing for primarily the Jason story til at least mid-month when their names may begin to appear on the air shows, and the rest of the material til that time may be mostly C&D. But IMO they've clearly been massaging scripts and certain segments of the show over the last couple weeks here and there (especially the Spixie, Felicia, etc. stuff and the very cohesive and unexpected Scout birthday party stuff last week). We'll see, I guess.

Edited by jsbt
(edited)

I can't believe they are going there with Sonny.  I'm pretty shocked.  They did leave out that Sonny told Karen she let her sexual abuser "do things to her".  She was an underage sexual assault victim.  Either Jagger never knew that, or they are going to continue to keep that hidden, because in the year 2024, it's over.  That's it.  It should have been that way in the year what, 1993? too.  But obviously it wasn't.  

I don't know where this is all going, but so far, I'm intrigued. Read for filth!  Huh. 

My other two cents; this NuJagger was needed.  The actor is damn good.  And a good guy, a countervailing force to the absolute dogshit Sonny, was so badly needed.  I will die on this hill, even though I know there are mixed feelings.  I will give up every member of the Finn family to keep Jagger.  Okay that's not giving up much, but I actually like the father.  Finn can go, and I'm tired of Chase too.  But I will also give up the father, why can't I remember his name? even though I like him.  Jagger!

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 11
  • LOL 2

I thought the Sonny scenes today were pretty great. Everything Jagger said was true. And I thought Mo played the self-mythologizing well. Having a foe for Sonny who can be righteous authentically feels different than the various Feds the show has given us in the past. And Jagger has a relationship with Jason, too. Curious to see how that plays out.

• Like 9
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Did Sonny sleep with Karen when she was underage too??

29 minutes ago, ribboninthesky said:

Sure did.

But-but-but—he was HELPING HER!🙄😒😒

• Like 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I can't believe they are going there with Sonny.  I'm pretty shocked.

It doesn't entirely surprise me that it's coming up. They were very explicit in calling out Ruby trafficking Bobbie in Jackie's memorial episodes two months ago. The show has reckoned with that issue before in Spencer family scenes with Luke, Bobbie, etc. in the last 25+ years (often in scenes written by Patrick Mulcahey, I believe) but rarely with such explicit terminology, because times and attitudes have changed. Ruby was a beloved character and town matriarch figure who was a positive force for good on the show, but her life and past with the Spencers also had a very dark side. Sonny's history on the show is even more checkered to say the least.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 11
(edited)
22 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Either Jagger never knew that, or they are going to continue to keep that hidden, because in the year 2024, it's over. 

He found out later. He also threw that in Mooby’s face today, when telling Anna and Ava, just how vulnerable Karen had been.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I thought the Sonny scenes today were pretty great. Everything Jagger said was true. And I thought Mo played the self-mythologizing well. Having a foe for Sonny who can be righteous authentically feels different than the various Feds the show has given us in the past. And Jagger has a relationship with Jason, too. Curious to see how that plays out.

The question is how long it will take Maurice to begin complaining at fan events.

I don't want to triple post so I should add: I was especially glad Wagger (now dangerously verging on Jagger) zeroed in on why Anna defends Sonny, which oldheads here know has always infuriated me given Anna's history on this show and the fact that it's transparently done because of the BTS friendships and to try to keep putting Sonny over with longtime fans. To her credit, Finola beautifully played that like he was absolutely right and Anna couldn't take it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Love 5

Hearing Jagger/John ream into Sonny was a wee bit cathartic, and for a moment or two, MB actually gave Sonny a visage of guilt.  But I had to roll my eyes at Ava and Anna, who looked more aghast at the idea that Karen was underage (but anywhere from 1-12 months from being 'of age') than they were at his preying on her vulnerability to get her to strip and lure her into his grasp.  And, of course, more aghast than they have been, right along, at his penchant for smuggling, money laundering and murder.  Well, I guess the latter only applies to Anna.  Ava's got her own history.  

Still not quite sure about Cyrus and whether he is genuine.  But I like his scenes with Laura and have hope that, even if he's faking it now, his relationship with her might eventually prove fruitful for him, and not dangerous for her.

If Cyrus is indeed genuine, it's fascinating to me to compare his redemption story with Sonny's.  Cyrus has found faith and religion and is applying its tenets to the aspects of his life, but continues to be looked upon with suspicion.  Sonny, the mobster, attends church on Christmas Eve (where he later beats up Cyrus), and is revered for not being quite as bad as he used to be.  Make it make sense.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, JMO said:

But I had to roll my eyes at Ava and Anna, who looked more aghast at the idea that Karen was underage (but anywhere from 1-12 months from being 'of age') than they were at his preying on her vulnerability to get her to strip and lure her into his grasp.  And, of course, more aghast than they have been, right along, at his penchant for smuggling, money laundering and murder.  Well, I guess the latter only applies to Anna.  Ava's got her own history.  

It's one thing reading about it but hearing it from a personally involved source and having to reckon with it is different for Anna, I think, who has compartmentalized this for years.

Ava I still think is working him for whatever reason or by whatever method, but she doesn't give a fuck what he's done anyway. She's in that life herself.

• Like 6
(edited)

Ava was merely present today, Anna was the audience. Sonny having to fully reckon with his past is the kind of story I would think Mo would relish as an actor. But I have been disappointed in the past. Still having former hero Jagger say these things as opposed to someone like Ric or the female feds he has dickmatized plays different. And if Jason is indeed with the WSB then maybe we are truly moving toward a post-mob era. Not holding my breath of course. 

ETA: Having Dante be the causualty today, echoing another of Sonny's most regrettable acts, also does not feel accidental. 

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Like 13
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

And if Jason is indeed with the WSB then maybe we are truly moving toward a post-mob era. Not holding my breath of course. 

The issue is that whatever operation is involved here is explicitly targeting Sonny and others. IMO the WSB would not target Sonny at random. Like Anna, they likely have a view of the Corinthos organization maintaining equilibrium in Port Charles vs. worse options. But they've also been compromised and corrupted before by Victor Cassadine, etc. on multiple occasions. And it seems likely Jason has been shanghai'ed into working with whoever these people are for several years (a la Jesse Hubbard going underground on AMC after 'dying' in the '80s). The WSB could just have new hardliners in charge (Frisco is off on tour), or it could be any number of other outfits. Like the DVX. Whatever happened to them?

Sonny having to fully reckon with his past is the kind of story I would think Mo would relish as an actor.

I used to think that. But then Mo and others brought the knives out for Ron Carlivati at both public events and BTS to the network very shortly after Sonny started paying the piper over murdering A.J. in late 2014. Which is not to say RC should not have been fired (he absolutely should've), but that dark turn for Sonny and the push away from the mob for a significant block of that time was not among the problems with the show in that era for me. And hearing since that Mo may sit in on writers' meetings suggests he may be entirely too comfortable dictating story. I hope I'm wrong and they can do what they want here, but I am not expecting a major Sonny takedown story anyway. I would settle for more people calling Sonny out on his shit, him going down in estimation for many in town and having to take on a somewhat different role. Which is what Guza had begun moving him towards in the late 2000s, gradually.

ETA: Having Dante be the causualty today, echoing another of Sonny's most regrettable acts, also does not feel accidental.

Me neither. It says something about how hooked in I am that I am genuinely worrying about DZ's employment atm.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 10

Count me in as being a fan of the John/Jagger splendid take down of Sonny. Loved the historical nod and the fact that I hadn’t heard so many truth bombs in a decade.

Glad the truth was also thrown at Anna. Ava is still over the top in defending Sonny and it grates.

Saw that Jason had been shot and thought “damn, he’ll have to see someone now. Austin and Britt are gone so Liz and Finn will be involved I guess. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I would settle for more people calling Sonny out on his shit, him going down in estimation for many in town and having to take on a somewhat different role.

Me too. I also think the show needs Mo/Sonny to take on a different role however much Mo might carry on and resist it. I know Mo’s been the guy for a long time and he stayed when others wouldn’t or couldn’t. 

Adam Harrington is a great get from prime time. 

• Like 7

Team Jagger!  Loved him reviewing Sonny from that period before Stone and Brenda too reformed him into great person that apparently entire town must adore. 

Jagger should have pointed out she was Scott's daughter.  

Sonny helped Karen? Lol yes he was being helpful. 

Ava sounded like an idiot believing Sonny. Go tell that to Scott. 

Glad Jagger threw it in Anna's court to actually go after Sonny that it was her job.  We know she and Laura won't do anything.  

Heather should be in solitary chains and shackles. Multiple guards on her. 

• Like 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Ava sounded like an idiot believing Sonny. Go tell that to Scott. 

IMO she doesn't necessarily believe him. She just doesn't care. Ava has been in the life and wants power, and that means Sonny.

The evidence is piling up AFAIC: Ava is enabling and playing Sonny as she did ten years ago, telling him what he wants to hear, angling to seduce him again, and she may or may not be involved with whatever operation is gunning for Sonny (I still think she is, but regardless her behavior enabling him would not be OOC when Ava is going after what she wants). It would not shock me if Jason doesn't know she's involved either. She kept herself insulated from Julian and from being identified as inside the resurgent Jerome business for years before Connie found out about Derek Wells.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 3

Geez, Heather, didn't the guard have a gun?  Why not use that on Cyrus instead of your little saw?  What's next, cheese grater at Bobbie's?

• LOL 5

Rage at Sonny telling John about his powerlessness with Deke, and how that made him uniquely qualified to relate to Karen and know what she needed. I'm sure he did see her pain ...but only used it to prey on her so he could feel powerful. 

I really hope the tears in Anna's eyes listening to John were because she was realizing how deluded she has let herself become about Sonny. ...but then the woman sobs at dog food commercials these days, so who knows!

• Like 11
(edited)

I think that Cyrus is more or less for real in terms of his religious conversion. We even saw him speaking to God briefly when he was by himself in the chapel. But we all know that people doing gross things in the name of sincere faith is not exactly unheard of, so..... 

I'm curious if the changes the new writers made to Jason's return had to do with making him a savior all along. Because until this week, it sure seemed to have been setting him up to be gunning for Sonny for awhile now.

I don't think Jason's resurrection will be a secret for long, judging by the previews for the week...

Spoiler

Ava and Spinelli seem to be stunned by the warehouse footage they view.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I really hope the tears in Anna's eyes listening to John were because she was realizing how deluded she has let herself become about Sonny. ...but then the woman sobs at dog food commercials these days, so who knows!

Very true! Yours was my interpretation, especially how she spoke to Sonny after. But we'll see.

Just now, Auntie Velvet said:

I think that Cyrus is more or less for real in terms of his religious conversion. We even saw him speaking to God briefly when he was by himself in the chapel. But we all know that people doing gross things in the name of sincere faith is not exactly unheard of, so..... 

I bought it for the first time these last two days with Laura, which actually made Cyrus vaguely tolerable to me. Kober did a good, earnest job. But I also have zero time for Cyrus' continued long-term presence or radio show, and I enjoyed Portia tearing him into strips.

It is interesting though to currently have two older male presences in the autumn of their lives who seem reflective and generous with the women they interact with. That, I guess, is the one benefit of Gregory and Cyrus atm, both of whom I can utterly do without otherwise and both of whom need to go soon for me. I can submit to the possibility that a brief story of Tracy in love with a gentle and eloquent man who passes away devoted to her (which, let's face it, Luke did not) might be a nice short arc and I do think GH and Jane have chemistry and some good repartee. I just don't need to watch another six months of either Gregory or Cyrus.

• Like 4

Sonny’s debut on the show was before my time but whenever I hear about his early storylines, he was really the creepy 30 year old dude around a bunch of teens. Karen was 17, Robin was also underage and Stone couldn’t have been much older, Brenda was 18 when they first got together. Even Jason was only a couple years out of high school when the accident happened. 

• Like 13

I'm not actually in a hurry to get rid of that many folks. I like the big canvas. Yes, Drew is worthless and Im not sure Sasha and Cody are all that necessary. But Gregory and Cyrus share most of their scenes with Tracy/Alexis or Laura so I'm fine with then sticking around. Jordan can go but I would want her replaced with a more substantial woman of color.

Im wondering if having this many folks helps with the block taping so there are plenty of options available to keep the studio humming without overworking the leads. Days seems to have a similarly large canvas these days

• Like 9

I don’t know who’s writing what and when, but today’s episode just felt different. It feels like Sonny may have to start answering for some of his actions. Which could mean that others may also lose their Teflon coating. I don’t know what’s going to happen, but for the first time in a long time I’m excited to see what’s next. And considering I have to deal with the return of Jasbot, that says a lot.

• Like 10

Count me among the folks who are liking NuJagger and the longer scenes. 

But I just can't with the Joss and Dex saved Dante's life nonsense. It will likely be the reason the show handwaves Dex's return because Sonny wouldn't kill the man who saved his son's life, when as a mole who takes orders from someone other than Sonny, Dex should be sitting at the bottom of Port Charles Harbor. 

( I'll never understand why they go to the pine barrens when a large body of water is Right. There. For easy body disposal without the need for pesky traceable bullets) 

Anyone else notice Joss was styled to look even more Carly-like yesterday? The side part really made her look like LW.

I can't imagine they would consider a Jarly redux when they're also trying to show mini-Carly and replacement-Jason as a couple. Having mother and daughter both involved with mob enforcers simultaneously just seems really creepy. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
9 hours ago, jsbt said:

The issue is that whatever operation is involved here is explicitly targeting Sonny and others. IMO the WSB would not target Sonny at random. Like Anna, they likely have a view of the Corinthos organization maintaining equilibrium in Port Charles vs. worse options. But they've also been compromised and corrupted before by Victor Cassadine, etc. on multiple occasions. And it seems likely Jason has been shanghai'ed into working with whoever these people are for several years (a la Jesse Hubbard going underground on AMC after 'dying' in the '80s). The WSB could just have new hardliners in charge (Frisco is off on tour), or it could be any number of other outfits. Like the DVX. Whatever happened to them?

I used to think that. But then Mo and others brought the knives out for Ron Carlivati at both public events and BTS to the network very shortly after Sonny started paying the piper over murdering A.J. in late 2014. Which is not to say RC should not have been fired (he absolutely should've), but that dark turn for Sonny and the push away from the mob for a significant block of that time was not among the problems with the show in that era for me. And hearing since that Mo may sit in on writers' meetings suggests he may be entirely too comfortable dictating story. I hope I'm wrong and they can do what they want here, but I am not expecting a major Sonny takedown story anyway. I would settle for more people calling Sonny out on his shit, him going down in estimation for many in town and having to take on a somewhat different role. Which is what Guza had begun moving him towards in the late 2000s, gradually.

Me neither. It says something about how hooked in I am that I am genuinely worrying about DZ's employment atm.

Yes, I thought of Ron too.  Or "the writer" as either Geary or Mo referred to him, I forget which.  But I did find myself wondering how much of this Mo will tolerate.  Which would be a shame because it's great material for him actually.  Maybe he will get fed up and retire this time, instead of having tantrums.  I guess we'll see. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1