Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

They should have made the actress who  plays the evil nanny nuMolly instead of who they cast. She’s a stronger actress who looks more the part and they decided to turn her into a bitch, which the other woman can clearly pull off as as well. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Robert is only now finding out about Anna's house fire? He seriously needs a much better network.

Olivia sounded so condescending when she was talking to Eddie.

Dex is about as subtle as a sledgehammer, and his dumb-dumb girlfriend is no better. They are well-matched.

Nice to hear Leslie Charleson's actual voice, but she does not sound well.

Valentin, let Sonny fend for himself with Pikeman. He's "a big boy"! Ugh, I cringed when Sonny said that.

• Like 6

It was good to see Robert and Anna working together to talk to Robin. I get that on a soap very few relationships last for long but Anna's had awful taste in men/compatibility since they broke up.

Why is Dex the only one following Betty? Mix it up Sonny or she's going to figure it out.

Oh look, they've put Carly into the non-existent Robert/Diane relationship. Just waiting for her to be involved with Sonny/Valentin/Pikeman too because there is no story they won't put Carly into.

As someone who has taken a few anatomy courses myself, I feel that no one spends the summer studying Grey's Anatomy before actually taking an anatomy course.

Why was Olivia crying over Eddie's song? That was overkill.

It was nice to hear Leslie Charlson's voice again.

• Like 5

Very nice scenes between Finn and Gregory last Friday.  I thought both actors played it exactly according to character, and portrayed what happens between the countless fathers and sons who have had similarly devastating conversations. 

Jane Elliot is remarkable.  Even with minimal makeup and completely undone hair, she is beautiful, and I loved her telling Eddie that she is Ned Quartermaine's mother and she wants him back.  Then I thought.....Ned Quartermaine? I've missed many things along the way.  Did I miss his changing his name from Ashton?

I am not an Olivia-hater, so I'm kind of enjoying watching her fall in love with a completely different aspect of her husband.  If he ever reverts to Ned again, I'll bet she insists he still make his music. (I actually liked the song.) Speaking of which, Wally Kurth seems to be enjoying this opportunity to stretch his acting muscles.  Ned and Justin (DOOL) are too much alike, but Eddie is a breath of fresh air.  Plus he obviously gets to bypass wardrobe, hair and makeup.  

Above all, thank heaven Robert finally got word and rushed to Anna.  She needs a safe harbor, and Robert is it.  Hoping he brings her home with him.  And kicks Diane to the curb permanently, because while their relationship was cute for a minute, it has most definitely passed its sell-by date.  

• Like 6
34 minutes ago, JMO said:

Did I miss his changing his name from Ashton?

Handful of years ago, after Larry Ashton tried to pull another stunt and got caught, Ned said enough is enough and switched his name as did Brook Lynn.  

• Like 4

Ned also said that there were so few Quartermaines left, he wanted to change his name from Ashton to Quartermaine.

I was thinking about why the Molly/surrogate story isn't working for me and it occurred to me that one reason is that nunuMolly isn't playing this with any vulnerability. She's angry at Kristina, not hurt that Kristina can so easily do something that she herself can't. She's so sure and smug that she will have a child next year at this time, zero insecurities or concerns that the baby will have TJ's DNA and whether she will feel left out then. Hasn't even mentioned her career and how she's going to handle it all with a partner who is working 80 hours a week. No hesitation or vulnerability underneath the confidence.

Maybe this is how the actress is being told to play Molly but it is making it very difficult to feel any sympathy for her and TJ. And as a side note, the sweeping hairstyle and feminine clothes are not what HP's driven social justice warrior would wear and makes it even harder to connect with this Molly.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, JMO said:

Plus he obviously gets to bypass wardrobe, hair and makeup.  

this is the part that bothers me the most.  Am I misremembering OG Eddie Maine walking around, unshowered, unkempt, unshaven, looking like he pulled his clothes out of the laundry bin?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

this is the part that bothers me the most.  Am I misremembering OG Eddie Maine walking around, unshowered, unkempt, unshaven, looking like he pulled his clothes out of the laundry bin?  

First, thanks for the info on how Ned became a Quartermaine.  And yes, I remember a much more kempt Eddie Maine, and I believe a fair amount of leather was involved.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, JMO said:

First, thanks for the info on how Ned became a Quartermaine.  And yes, I remember a much more kempt Eddie Maine, and I believe a fair amount of leather was involved.

Oh yeah, totally remember the leather pants

His unkempt status could be a further sign of his confusion or he could just have been away from being Eddie for so long he can’t quite get it right

Edited by DanaK
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Oh look, they've put Carly into the non-existent Robert/Diane relationship.

Because Diane doesn't have any good female friends to confide in.  OH, WAIT...

Jesus, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Betty stops in Kelly's for a BLT and Carly gets involved in that whole mess, too.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Dex is about as subtle as a sledgehammer, and his dumb-dumb girlfriend is no better. They are well-matched.

Half a brain between them.  MAYBE.  And Joss's Bloody Mary joke wasn't a quarter as witty as she seemed to think it was.

• Like 4

Joss has to go Metrocourt pool to sit and study? They have their own. 

New nanny would have been a good Molly instead of even Kristina. Kate Mansi could have been new Lulu. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Dex the only one following Betty? Mix it up Sonny or she's going to figure it out.

Now that he's done the PDA with Joss at the pool, he has ruined any chance to follow Betty without being noticed.  Betty would have to be pretty stupid not to notice Dex's associations.

• Like 7

NuNuMolly is jarring, in that she has absolutely zero personality. At first, I thought the FIRST NuMolly was all wrong. Too tall. She towered over the others. However, NuNuMolly makes me wish for NuMolly again.

I'm confused. 

And where are all of Sonny's car bombs when you need them. I can think of some passengers that need a lift (Gladys, Dr. Evil, Portia, Joss...). CLICK BOOM.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

I see that this increase in interaction between Sonny and Carly means that she's about to bulldoze her way into the Pikeman storyline which has absolutely nothing to do with her.

Joss is just one of the most hateful characters. Nobody holds a grudge like a Carly, even when the person on the receiving end has done nothing to deserve it. If a nanny I had hired told my child not to interact with someone because she doesn't know them, I'd be like she was just doing her job. It's not like Sonny gave her a binder with everyone's picture in it to tell her who Avery can hang out with.

Drew's back 💩 One of the most uninteresting characters. It takes talent to manage that. Even Cyrus hasn't managed to make this douchebag remotely interesting. And Carly's lament about Scout not being able to see Drew. He did not seem to care. Not even a little. I'm assuming he carved out Carly's name in his cell during solitary instead of his daughter's this time around.

Dex is as subtle as a wrecking ball. I'm sure Joss will blow all of that up because that's what she does. 

I'll echo the whole stuff about Molly. The actress has one one speed with Kristina. Ultra bitchy. But this whole surrogacy thing will blow up in hers and TJ's face.

• Like 11
37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'll echo the whole stuff about Molly. 

Add to that her little girl voice. I know that's something she can't really help, but since she sounds like an 11-year-old to me, it's hard to believe she's supposed to be an adult who's working as a lawyer. 

• Like 6
15 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Am I misremembering OG Eddie Maine walking around, unshowered, unkempt, unshaven, looking like he pulled his clothes out of the laundry bin? 

you know what bugs me most about this story?  If he is convinced he is/always has been Eddie, where does he think he has been living prior to this?  Where are the people in his life?  And most importantly, what is he doing for money?

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, rur said:

Add to that her little girl voice. I know that's something she can't really help, but since she sounds like an 11-year-old to me, it's hard to believe she's supposed to be an adult who's working as a lawyer. 

I wasn't a huge HP fan. I couldn't take her Molly seriously as a lawyer.

But I used to enjoy the dynamic between the sisters which redeemed a lot of things for me, writing-wise.

I don't see it with this Molly or the one before her. But I also can't picture HP's Molly opposite Kate Mansi's Kristina. I think the dynamic between them would be really off. This is what we were said to have before HP crapped the bed.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

you know what bugs me most about this story?  If he is convinced he is/always has been Eddie, where does he think he has been living prior to this?  Where are the people in his life?  And most importantly, what is he doing for money?

The writers have no interest in exploring that. More importantly, I think they just want to have Olivia and Neddie fall in love all over again, so they've just removed any kind of obstacles that could stand in their way.

If this storyline was worth anything, he would have remembered Lois's name when it was mentioned, but there was zero recognition even when he saw her picture.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

The writers have no interest in exploring that. More importantly, I think they just want to have Olivia and Neddie fall in love all over again, so they've just removed any kind of obstacles that could stand in their way.

If this storyline was worth anything, he would have remembered Lois's name when it was mentioned, but there was zero recognition even when he saw her picture.

I don’t think they put much thought into that SL beyond needing to stretch out the truth about Nina coming out. I never believed a SL centered around Ned would give him real POV. Sine I’ve never thought much of Ned/Olivia as a couple, him getting amnesia and forgetting her means to me since before this, she treated him like he was something she scraped off the bottom of her shoe. I’d rather the focus be on Ned with his kids or Tracy if I’m being honest because his scenes with them have been way more heartwarming versus another round of him trying to win over Olivia. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I know that asking for consistency is a bit much, but PC doesn't have a nightlife?

They have The Savoy.    If I were Selena Wu, and Curtis disrespected me like that, "We're not friends", I would open a club next door to his, and give half price drinks for a year.  Curtis could have said he wasn't interested in selling, without being a jerk.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Robert is only now finding out about Anna's house fire? He seriously needs a much better network.

I guess Robert never watches the news. Or Port Charles is one of those unique places that have no TV stations or local papers (or online - like the Invader!) that cover things like house fires. I've never lived anywhere that something like that wouldn't at least get a few minutes of coverage if only to show how well the Fire Department responded.

• Like 3

Anna is weepy and dumb. Hasn't learned anything from the Peetah episode, has she.

That's quite the hair cut Cyrus gave himself with a shiv. If he fails as a criminal, barber is a good profession for him.

At least they're tying loose ends with some of the stories. I'm assuming that Mason is someone who laid the beatdown on TJ or even kidnapped him for Cyrus.

And Carly has officially entered the Pikeman storyline. Thanks, Austin!

Nice to to bring Jake on screen only for him to serve as second fiddle to Wyatt. That kid is a really really bad actor.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

They have The Savoy.    If I were Selena Wu, and Curtis disrespected me like that, "We're not friends", I would open a club next door to his, and give half price drinks for a year.  Curtis could have said he wasn't interested in selling, without being a jerk.

Particularly without being a jerk to a mob boss who could easily disable him in many more ways.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I am tired of seeing Dex lurking all over the hospital. And I’m beyond tired of seeing Nina simpering and begging for attention and love from Willow, etc. Get a backbone, woman!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Oh, Nina. How can you be so naive to think that no one will ever find out you dropped the dime on Carly and Drew to the SEC? When do you ever have the upper hand on Carly? It's like Nina doesn't know her own life.

Nice to to bring Jake on screen only for him to serve as second fiddle to Wyatt. That kid is a really really bad actor.

I had to Google who Wyatt was, since it's been forever since we've seen him and the actor has really shot up.

Ugh, Finn, it's not Alexis's fault your father didn't tell you about his ASL. Blame Gregory.

Anna is weepy and dumb. Hasn't learned anything from the Peetah episode, has she.

For someone who's supposed to be able to make accurate judgements of character, she has some gigantic blind spots.

Willow is conveniently forgetting that Drew was stupid enough to take the plea bargain in the first place. The way this story is being written is beyond aggravating.

At least someone remembered Liesl was the actual donor and should be name-checked at least as often as Drewfus.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

he would have remembered Lois's name when it was mentioned, but there was zero recognition even when he saw her picture.

This.  Or Tracy or Alexis or anyone else who was around back in OG Eddie's day.

3 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

And most importantly, what is he doing for money?

Well,he's been mooching lasagna and frittattas off of Olivia and no neither of those are euphimisims!!!  Also, he's saving a ton on not shaving, not showering, not changing or washing his clothes.  Saving a ton on shampoo, soap and detergent right there.  

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Curtis could have said he wasn't interested in selling, without being a jerk.

He's always such an ass to her.  Like, you're the one who brought her into your life, stop acting like it's all her.  

Wyatt. That kid is a really really bad actor.

I do see some minor improvement from the last time we saw him which was better than the first time we saw him when he was the eagle scout with kidnapped Peter.  But then that's like saying, I'd prefer a punch to the face over a kick to the crotch.  I really want neither.  Who's that kid related to again?  

21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Finn, it's not Alexis's fault your father didn't tell you about his ASL.

Well at least he seemed to forgive her fairly quickly, as in, his anger with her dosen't look like it will go beyond today.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 1

Is the kid playing Wyatt related to someone on the show? He seems to pop up every summer for an episode or two.

I cannot express how disappointed I am that Cyrus is the Big Bad behind Mason instead of an interesting and evil woman as they first teased.

I like that when Finn refers to all the time that was wasted, he is talking about the years that he kept away from Gregory rather than the few months when Alexis knew and didn't tell him.

Why is Nina going to have lunch at Kelly's which is now owned by Carly? Why does Carly keep showing up at the Metro Court? Why did everyone who hated Julian keep going to his gastropub? Jeez people, if you hate someone, just avoid them.

4 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

In my mind, it's voluntary amnesia to escape from the life that Ned had been living. He could ask those questions but he chooses not to.

1 hour ago, rur said:

Particularly without being a jerk to a mob boss who could easily disable him in many more ways.

The best that I can say is that I appreciate how well they are writing a narcissist with Curtis.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Willow is conveniently forgetting that Drew was stupid enough to take the plea bargain in the first place. The way this story is being written is beyond aggravating.

She has become a true Carly. They only praise their own tribe; anything anyone else does to serve them is merely what is expected of others.

• Like 8

When they had that big "ethereal Laura visits dying Cyrus" fantasy moment, I was hoping they might be going to start to redeem Cyrus and bring him onto the landscape outside of prison. But now he is the big bad who has kidnapped Nik and is keeping Laura in the dark about it, knowing she is out of her mind with worry. So he is still mega evil and will probably have to die or something. Bummer. And furthmore, I preferred him as a long-haired, unshaven silver fox.   

Why is Dante so eager to help Anna when she is being such an obtuse pill. She was pretty dumb and ineffectual throughout the whole Victor fiasco, and now she is losing the Spy V. Spy game with Valentin. And is it even occurring to her that if someone wants to take everything away from her that Robin and family might be in danger?! 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Nina going to have lunch at Kelly's which is now owned by Carly? Why does Carly keep showing up at the Metro Court? Why did everyone who hated Julian keep going to his gastropub? Jeez people, if you hate someone, just avoid them.

I know. Remember when Sam was so resentful that Julian was working at the gastropub he owned when she was there?

I can sort of hand wave Nina going into Kelly's today because she saw Willow there, but Nina shouldn't be anywhere near the place. She can get Corinthos coffee at home and at the MetroCourt, and as far as I know, she doesn't have a crippling BLT addiction that can only be satisfied with a hit from Kelly's.

38 minutes ago, ciarra said:
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Is the kid playing Wyatt related to someone on the show?

He played RoHo's kid on OLTL, so he's someone's pet (Teschner's?). 

Frank loves him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

After that phone call Robert said that Robin was smart enough to know that Anna was downplaying things, so I like to think Robin knows to take some precautions. 

To me it makes more sense to threaten people who are local to Anna, like Charlotte, not those across the country, even if those are her kid and grandkids. 

But nothing about this Pikeman story has made sense, and the way they've written Anna is equally mind-bogglingly stupid. She deserves to be dumped by the WSB if she can't even entertain the idea that Valentin might have some culpability for the fire, however indirectly.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

So we now have two bad guy groups??

1-Pautauk group:  Austin, Mason, Betty.  They have Nikolas.  The want information on Pikeman.  The boss was a woman up until a week ago when the writers changed it to a man.  And that man is likely Cyrus?  Has he been running it from prison this whole time while pretending to find God?

2-Pikeman group: Hiring ex WSB agents, including, possibly Valentin.  They want to run explosives and high grade fire power through Sonny's territory and have already sent a shipment through.  Who's the boss?  

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

So we now have two bad guy groups??

. . .

Who's the boss?  

If Cyrus was as big a Big Bad as he was first reputed to be when he first showed up, he's probably running them both. 

You know, that'd make it easier for the writers . . . 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, rur said:

If Cyrus was as big a Big Bad as he was first reputed to be when he first showed up, he's probably running them both. 

And he is just running loyalty test for his people in both groups to see if they would do his bidding including spying on each other.

• Useful 1

*Checks watch* Ah, yes, it's been a hot minute since one of the Carlys reminded us that it's not the crime, it's not the cover-up, it's not the judge who did the sentencing, and it most definitely isn't the idiot who took a deal to save the head Carly, it's the person who reported the law breakers who is the one at fault.  Almost forgot the party line, so thanks writers.

Oh, look, they pulled Wyatt out of the 'no one cares' bin to remind Gregory to accept his limitations and be at peace.  That was some great 'after school special' energy at work there.

I give up on this Pikemon drama.  Sure, Cyrus is the Big Bad.  Of course he is.  No need to make a compelling story when something basic will do--the show's mantra.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

I hope they'd make a twist and make Pikeman someone like Alcazar or Johnny Zachara. But both actors are on different shows. 

So watch it be Serena. 

Oh shut up Willow. Drew wouldn't be in jail if someone did not turn him in?  Or what about if he didn't commit insider trading. 

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I hope they'd make a twist and make Pikeman someone like Alcazar or Johnny Zachara. But both actors are on different shows. 

I wouldn't mind Pikeman being Ric Lansing, out to destroy Sonny once and for all. 

Incidentally, while I was checking to make sure Ric hadn't been killed off before I posted this, I ran across this tidbit on a GH wiki page: 

On November 19, 2021, Cameron Mathison revealed that he was preparing to portray Ric Lansing before finding out at a meeting with Frank Valentini and head writers Chris Van Etten and Dan O'Connor that he would be Drew Cain.[7]

• Useful 5
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Frank loves him.

Patrick Gibbons is a sweet kid but I need to just post this:

I really, really hope he sees this as just a fun little summer thing and not something he actually wants to do. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1

Who were those kids Gregory was talking to?

If ned thinks he's Eddie why doesn't he remember his mother and daughter? Why isn't he going to a doctor? Who's buying his clothes?  How does he get around town?

12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

it's the person who reported the law breakers who is the one at fault

I've had this argument with Facebook GH for months.  to them, if calling the SEC was the right thing to do then why isn't Nina shouting it from the rooftops.  

10 hours ago, rur said:

Cameron Mathison revealed that he was preparing to portray Ric Lansing

No.  Just no.  He's not Drew Cain but he sure as shit can't fill Rick Hearst shoes as RicLansing FOR SURE. 

11 hours ago, Artsda said:

make Pikeman someone like Alcazar or Johnny Zachara. But both actors are on different shows. 

I;m thinking they're going to go the graveyard and dig up Faith, Cassandra, Alex or Jerry Jax.

42 minutes ago, ljr said:

Who were those kids Gregory was talking to?

One was Liz' son Jake and the annoying one was Jake's friend Wyatt.  The Wyatt actor is someone's kid who shows up once a summer to remind us of how bad an actor he is.  

f ned thinks he's Eddie why doesn't he remember his mother and daughter?

Plot point

Why isn't he going to a doctor?

that was never Ned's interest (maybe your'e thinking of Jason)

Who's buying his clothes

No one.  He's just picking up stuff off the floor that hasn't been washed.  

How does he get around town?

Uber?  Line 3 of Port Charles Transit?  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, look, they pulled Wyatt out of the 'no one cares' bin to remind Gregory to accept his limitations and be at peace.  That was some great 'after school special' energy at work there.

We also had the woman in the wheelchair from the AA meeting taking one day at a time.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I've had this argument with Facebook GH for months.  to them, if calling the SEC was the right thing to do then why isn't Nina shouting it from the rooftops.  

Carly stans, I'm assuming.

So Nina was wrong turning in two white collar criminals because she's not going around town telling everyone what she did.

Her scenes with Willow were cringe yesterday. Drew is so awesome, Drew is the reason I'm alive, whoever turned Drew in should burn in the 7th circle of hell.

STFU, Stepford Willow.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9