Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

(now Joss is looking like she wished she let Cam go. teehee)

Heh. I enjoyed that small moment, too.

44 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish that people would stop taking advantage of amnesiac Esme.

It's so gross. I hate that the show does crap like this.

45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Good speech from Laura about Esme being allowed to raise her child even if she is a sociopath. Where were you when Nelle wanted to be able to see Wylie?

For one, Wylie isn't her grandkid (lucky her). Laura doesn't need to get involved in that disaster.

Spencer's animosity toward Dex is hilarious. So dumb. Just ignore him! Also, this crusade to get custody of the Esmé/Nik baby is absurd. I can't believe he genuinely believes a court will give a turd of a 20-year-old that lifetime responsibility. And as @ffwbe pointed out, he'd be giving the kid a really similar life to the one he had, with little parental involvement.

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"I told you, I had already decided that we were over long before that night. I hadn't just found the time to tell you." Me. me. me.  A relationship is made up of two people except in Joss' case it's Joss and Joss.

if you heard that conversation, you would never believe that these two knew each other since they were five. just own it Joss. you got attracted to Baby Jason and that's why you wanted to break up with Cam. its okay. 

Yeah, it's the lying that's the problem. It's certainly within Joss's rights to decide she doesn't want to be with Cam, but of course she can't think about his side of things for even a second. It's only what she wants.

Once again, Sonny is the voice of reason. What world am I living in?

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"I told you, I had already decided that we were over long before that night. I hadn't just found the time to tell you." Me. me. me.  A relationship is made up of two people except in Joss' case it's Joss and Joss.

if you heard that conversation, you would never believe that these two knew each other since they were five. just own it Joss. you got attracted to Baby Jason and that's why you wanted to break up with Cam. its okay. 

I have to cut 20 year olds some slack . A "close friend of mine" may have been in the same situation back in the day., *ahem*. Its not a stretch to me to believe that things weren't the same after the sex tape, that is a traumatic thing to happen to anyone let alone 2 teens on their first time. Feelings change, someone new comes on the scene. Should she have said something sooner, yes. And she did try and Cam kind of didn't listen. Does it make it right or better that now she is with Dex, no but when someone else's feelings have changed there is not much you can do about it. I believe Joss does feel bad for Cam but she is right, at this point she doesn't owe him much more. But if he doesn't want anything to do with her or be her friend, that is his right. She will have to sit with her guilt on that. The worst thing she did was ask him not to tell anyone, he certainly doesn't owe her anything either and he doesn't owe her to keep her secret. I hope this ends this story, I don't want it to drag on. Cam is better that that, Also glad Cam shut down Dex, he definitely doesn't have to take anything from Dex.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Blackie said:

And she did try and Cam kind of didn't listen.

I object to this statement!!  There was one episode, where he wanted to talk to her and she blew him off, twice.  Trina asked and she told Trina that her feelings for him had changed and Trina told her to talk to him but she was all wishy washy about it.  Then she told carly and Carly told her to be honest (then lightning struck them both!!).  It was months after both those conversations before she decided to actually do it.....on NY eve of all days.  She was emotionally cheating on him from the moment she climbed into the dumpster with Dex (which was at the begin of Sept) and had many, many, many, many opportunities to break it off with Cam long before she did.   

• Like 11
  • Applause 9
8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I object to this statement!!

No there was one time she tried  to bring it up that things had changed and he thought all was good. I love Cam but seriously he was kind of delusional if he thought all was good because they had sex one more time. Anyways he knows the real deal now, and I think he is better off and I hope he doesn't waste one more second thinking about Joss.

Joss doesn't owe Cam anything but also Cam must keep her and Dex a secret because she says so. Oh Carly raised her exactly as expected. Joss is still withholding she'd kissed Dex a few times before NYE. And I do think a person is owed to be told they were cheated on whether it's a kiss or sex. I hope Cam will tell everyone she cheated but he'll definitely keep it to himself for Joss and Jason Lite.

Laura better get to lay into Nik upon finding out he held her captive with plans to take the baby. 

Nice of Leo to have his niece and nephews over for a sleepover.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2

Because of her selfishness, Joss was only thinking about herself instead of being aware of what Cam was going through. He has a lot of responsibilities at home, especially when his mother was having mental issues. Cam’s life is not as easy as Joss’. He doesn’t have a driver or a bodyguard even though he could potentially be a hook target. He also has a job. Poor guy needed more of a real GF instead of what he had. 
He doesn’t owe Joss anything especially if it has to do with Dex. However,  it looks like Dex wants to tell Sonny himself. 

• Like 10

Honestly for me it just seems like (as always) that Joss wants bread buttered on both sides, and doesn't want a messy plate. She was attracted to Baby Jason. fine. She cheated on Cam. That sucks - but whatever it happens. Truthfully, she doesn't even have to really have to share all of that.

But with all of that -She still wants to be friends, She wants him to just be "Its okay, I'll still be your lapdog". And then she keeps rubbing it in that She never found the time. and that's what irks me. When it is serious, you find the time. and for me i don't really think age is an excuse here. You don't want to date your boyfriend, find the time. i mean hell even text him and do it (as sucky as that would have been). but you don't get to be upset that HE'S upset that you made bad decisions in regards to your break up. to me this really feels more like "I don't understand why Cam is mad that I broke up with him and slept with someone else, once when we were still dating and doesn't want to be my friend anymore how selfish of Cam."

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

"I don't understand why Cam is mad that I broke up with him and slept with someone else, once when we were still dating and doesn't want to be my friend anymore how selfish of Cam."

A bit of that selfishness is understandable, as it's a coping mechanism for Joss to reassure herself she's doing the right thing. But she's taking it to 11 instead of keeping it at maybe 4.

• Like 6

Joss really is a terrible person. How many times did she hide her encounters with Dex from Cam? Her whole I was going to beak up with you but didn't have the time or couldn't come around it . . . says every cheater. Get lost in your own vortex of suck, jerk! 

I knew Nikolas was the one who brought Elizabeth's mother to town the second she showed the tip of her nose back in town.

Spring Ridge apparently has people like that Ramona going around. We went from summer camp prison to Heather and Ramona? The quality sure has gone down quick!

If Heather manages to get loose again, I have no doubt she'll try and go after Sam because of the investigation and this nanny business. 

I am here for Spencer's hate of Dex. I don't have nor do I see a problem with it. If Cam tells Spencer about it, I'm sure Spencer will head straight for Uncle Sonny. But Cam won't say anything because he's a good guy.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 11
  • Fire 4
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But Cam won't say anything because he's a good guy.

I hope they don't write it like that. He is a good guy but he doesn't owe Joss anything like keeping her sex secrets. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
46 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Joss really is a terrible person. How many times did she hide her encounters with Dex from Cam? Her whole I was going to beak up with you but didn't have the time or couldn't come around it . . . says every cheater. Get lost in your own vortex of suck, jerk! 

I am here for Spencer's hate of Dex. I don't have nor do I see a problem with it. If Cam tells Spencer about it, I'm sure Spencer will head straight for Uncle Sonny. But Cam won't say anything because he's a good guy.

This is the crux of it. She’s just a bad person, a selfish and uncaring friend and even worse girlfriend. And because she’s mini-Carly there won’t ever be any real consequences for it. 

I also love Spencer hating Dex. I mean Dex is sort of a blob of nothingness so he himself isn’t that hate worthy but since no one else has Cam’s back I’m happy Spencer does. Maybe someday Scotty will have the opportunity to hang up on Joss when she asks him to represent Dex in whatever legal trouble he gets into. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I hope they don't write it like that. He is a good guy but he doesn't owe Joss anything like keeping her sex secrets. 

Exactly. There's a difference between good guy and chump. Cam has every right to talk about or seek support over his girlfriend cheating on him.

• Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1

Spencer's only true reasoning for hating Dex is because of him being a gigantic thorn in Cam's side and he sees how much Cam doesnt like it. Thats a true bestie and cousin right there.

So will we see a lil Zander in Cam? I need him to use this lil secret and make Mini Snarly and Updated Jabot software lives a living hell. ...or the best way to get over someone is to get under another lol.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, racked said:

This is the crux of it. She’s just a bad person, a selfish and uncaring friend and even worse girlfriend. And because she’s mini-Carly there won’t ever be any real consequences for it. 

She's a bad person who was still never going to tell her ex-boyfriend and the guy who was her best friend that she cheated on him and when he pressed her, she told him that she was attacked by the Hook, which was as manipulative as it comes. Trying to illicit sympathy from the injured party to try and make them forget what they want to know. 

Then she has the nerve to ask Cam to keep her secret.

Get lost, Joss. Doesn't get Carlyer than that.

• Like 14
  • Applause 10
52 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She's a bad person

She was a bad person and bad girlfriend even before Dex came along (ex: the whole Jason/Franco thing), so it took this much to get Cam to see it.

Can't wait to hear what Portia has to say about Trina hanging out with Joss who's boyfriend is now the mob enforcer in training or as @Cheetara1986 put it

52 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Updated Jabot software

🤣

52 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

I need him to use this lil secret and make Mini Snarly and Updated Jabot software lives a living hell. ...or the best way to get over someone is to get under another lol.

I am interested in the later, no interest in the former. 

Edited by Blackie
spelling
  • Like 2

So... Esme has no money? Was the trust fund from her adoptive parents a lie? 

I KNEW after Liz told Nic how her mom totally messed with her head that Nic was going to try and do the same. 

There are no words for how awful Joss is. My only hope is that Cam inadvertantly stumbles across the Dex/ Michael connection ( or maybe even the faux- Blackwater thing) and blows the whistle on Dex. 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Like 7
  • Applause 5

Joss acted exactly as I suspected. Tried to make herself the victim and said she didn’t lie when she clearly did. This is probably an UO but Dex looks way too old for her. Him hanging out in a college dorm and giving her alcohol the first time they slept together squicked me out. I also don’t see his appeal as a bad boy or Joss grown relationship. He seems like a huge pushover given we mostly see either Michael and Sonny ordering him around or Joss berating him. I just get a wimp with abs and zero personality.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, sacrebleu said:

There are no words for how awful Joss is. My only hope is that Cam inadvertantly stumbles across the Dex/ Michael connection ( or maybe even the faux- Blackwater thing) and blows the whistle on Dex. 

Oh, that would serve that whole deluded crew right.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Joss acted exactly as I suspected. Tried to make herself the victim and said she didn’t lie when she clearly did. This is probably an UO but Dex looks way too old for her. Him hanging out in a college dorm and giving her alcohol the first time they slept together squicked me out. I also don’t see his appeal as a bad boy or Joss grown relationship. He seems like a huge pushover given we mostly see either Michael and Sonny ordering him around or Joss berating him. I just get a wimp with abs and zero personality.

I truthfully wonder if they put Baby Jason + Joss together, because WL is no longer on contract and they wanted a teen love story with Carly's bratty child.  because I am with you. basically Joss went from pushing Cam around to pushing Baby Jason around.  (but I don't care if he is a victim or not, he deserves it) 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, racked said:

Maybe someday Scotty will have the opportunity to hang up on Joss when she asks him to represent Dex in whatever legal trouble he gets into. 

I just got a little verklempt upon realizing Scotty & Laura did end up sharing grandchildren. Characters tend to be so isolated in their stories that I just never made the connection Scott AND Laura consider Liz's children to be their grandchildren. 

• Like 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

She's a bad person who was still never going to tell her ex-boyfriend and the guy who was her best friend that she cheated on him and when he pressed her, she told him that she was attacked by the Hook, which was as manipulative as it comes. Trying to illicit sympathy from the injured party to try and make them forget what they want to know. 

Then she has the nerve to ask Cam to keep her secret.

Get lost, Joss. Doesn't get Carlyer than that.

Right out of Carly's handbook.  Hell, Carly just used that manipulation technique the other day with the crocodile tears and how she "couldn't bear it" if Michael was mad at her.  God, they're both the worst.  And apparently tomorrow she's going even further in with "I'm afraid Sonny will kill him!"  So, what?  This great love affair was going to remain a secret forever?  Kick rocks, Joss.

2 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Spencer's only true reasoning for hating Dex is because of him being a gigantic thorn in Cam's side and he sees how much Cam doesnt like it. Thats a true bestie and cousin right there.

Seriously love that Spencer unconditionally has Cam's back.  "Go polish a fender or pick up some dry cleaning" cracked me up. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously love that Spencer unconditionally has Cam's back.  "Go polish a fender or pick up some dry cleaning" cracked me up. 

that slayed me dead. 

1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

.  And apparently tomorrow she's going even further in with "I'm afraid Sonny will kill him!"  So, what?  This great love affair was going to remain a secret forever?  Kick rocks, Joss.

honestly, i would pay good money if tomorrow Baby Jason tells Sonny and Sonny goes "I don't care, not my problem anymore."

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I truthfully wonder if they put Baby Jason + Joss together, because WL is no longer on contract and they wanted a teen love story with Carly's bratty child.  because I am with you. basically Joss went from pushing Cam around to pushing Baby Jason around.  (but I don't care if he is a victim or not, he deserves it) 

Apparently fans of the couple see them as a young Carly & Jason which…is not how I remember Carly and Jason. I always felt like he barely tolerated her back then. 

I truly despise Joss, whose selfishness is infinite. I want to believe that Dex’s secret is something that would hurt her but he’s against Sonny so that just puts them on the same side. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, Semiglued said:

Apparently fans of the couple see them as a young Carly & Jason

Oh, good.  When does the Robin stand-in come along and ask Dex never to sleep with Joss again, to which he immediately agrees?  I'm ready for that part of the story.  /not really

Also, totally thoughtless and gross for Joss to make Cam come back into her room, where Dex was finishing getting dressed, and then talk while he was looking at the bed where they just screwed. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Semiglued said:

Apparently fans of the couple see them as a young Carly & Jason which…is not how I remember Carly and Jason. I always felt like he barely tolerated her back then. 

I truly despise Joss, whose selfishness is infinite. I want to believe that Dex’s secret is something that would hurt her but he’s against Sonny so that just puts them on the same side. 

Jason and Carly were hot for each other until the day Carly slept with Sonny for whatever reason, and Jason just went "well screw you then." and then there was Jason + Robin and Robin said just... don't be with Carly ever. (which Jason honoured until like he married Carly and was 3 minutes from sleeping with her before Sonny walked in thank god). 

1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, totally thoughtless and gross for Joss to make Cam come back into her room, where Dex was finishing getting dressed, and then talk while he was looking at the bed where they just screwed. 

well it is on par for a Carly so she's true fighting form there. 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They have to be super careful and can’t talk in the hallway in case Sonny finds out. Which is why she let dumb Dex answer her door shirtless. She’s an idiot. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Right out of Carly's handbook.  Hell, Carly just used that manipulation technique the other day with the crocodile tears and how she "couldn't bear it" if Michael was mad at her.  God, they're both the worst.  And apparently tomorrow she's going even further in with "I'm afraid Sonny will kill him!"  So, what?  This great love affair was going to remain a secret forever?  Kick rocks, Joss.

I was just going to type the same thing! Or rather, she’s so SCAIRT that Mooby will kill him, why even boink him? Or where’s that arrogant attitude toward Mooby where she’s giving him lip?

FUCK OFF, Mini-SHEBEAST.

11 hours ago, Daisy said:

Jason and Carly were hot for each other until the day Carly slept with Sonny for whatever reason, and Jason just went "well screw you then." and then there was Jason + Robin and Robin said just... don't be with Carly ever. (which Jason honoured until like he married Carly and was 3 minutes from sleeping with her before Sonny walked in thank god

No, not really. They had sex a few times and he cut it off for two reasons- because Robin asked him to- and explained to the newly brain damaged guy why it was wrong; and two, because they always fought. When she tried to get him to boink her again after SLS was born, he rejected her and told it wasn’t gonna happen.

I stopped watching after Robin left so don’t know WHY he would want to start up with her again. I remember him getting shot, going to the penthouse to see she and Mooby had the hate sex, and he went to the docks(?) where Elizabeth found him and nursed him back to health. 

I’ll say this for Jaysus-He was NEVER in love with that SHEBEAST.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

was just going to type the same thing! Or rather, I’d she’s so SCAIRT that Mooby will kill him, why even boink him? Or where’s that arrogant attitude toward Mooby where she’s giving him lip?

I doubt she even believes that. Joss probably thinks that Sonny might fire him and order him to leave town and he would listen. More importantly, she wants to save face and not be exposed as a lying cheater. It’s also a bigger pp since Michael would stop working with Dex which would make his presence in town even more useless.  

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Jason and Carly were hot for each other until the day Carly slept with Sonny for whatever reason, and Jason just went "well screw you then." and then there was Jason + Robin and Robin said just... don't be with Carly ever.

Jason and Robin were together before Sonny and Carly.  By the time S/C slept together he and Robin had already broken up and she had left town. 

One other thing about Joss today: the comment about not having had the time to break up with Cam before she slept with Dex?  How fucking disrespectful.  Like, "gee, sorry, couldn't fit it into my busy schedule to dump you, but I had it written on my things-to-do list, so basically, it was done, so you can't be mad about that." 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I stopped watching after Robin left so don’t know WHY he would want to start up with her again. I remember him getting shot, going to the penthouse to see she and Mooby had the hate sex, and he went to the docks(?) where Elizabeth found him and nursed him back to health. 

They gave Jason feelings for her overnight so he could be “betrayed” seeing her with Sonny. It came out of nowhere because Carly’s feelings for him were never returned prior to that and her marrying AJ and trying to cut Michael out of Jason’s life drove a wedge between them. Jason/Carly’s big “relationship” for decades was mostly Carly trying to be more important in his life than his SOs, until that gigantic rewrite they got last year. 

• Like 5

I will give the writers this...they keeping everything consistent with hpw they are portraying Joss, cause she is exactly like how her mother is, just with less remorse.

Imma need Spencer to never let his foot off of Urban Outfitters Jason. Also, has Spencer gotten any rest at all? Cause he been planning all day and night.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I really, really, REALLY hope they're not getting ready for an epic four-way custody fight among Nik, Spencer, Esme and, say, Laura over baby Ace when it's born. Maybe Victor could try for custody too. Heather and Ryan could weigh in after outing themselves and taking DNA tests, on the grounds that they'd be better for the baby than its parents or brother.

On the other hand, I'd like it better than the previous fuss about Wiley, because I like any of the above people much better than Michael. That is, I don't hate them.

• Like 9
10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

They gave Jason feelings for her overnight so he could be “betrayed” seeing her with Sonny. It came out of nowhere because Carly’s feelings for him were never returned prior to that and her marrying AJ and trying to cut Michael out of Jason’s life drove a wedge between them.

UGH. I'm so glad I missed that "lightbulb" moment. I do remember her suddenly running to the Quartermaines and accusing Jason of abusing her some such. 

She kept betraying him over and over again, yet he stood by this twat, but was uberly judgmental over Robin? Please.

1 hour ago, jacourt said:

Does Joss not have a bodyguard because of the hook?  If she does they don't notice Dex situation?  

She keeps dismissing him and he actually...listens to her instead of, you know, doing his job. Mooby is the one he should be listening to. It's why the serial killer (I REFUSE to call her "The Hook" or "Hooker") was able to come after the mini-Cujo.

Who wants to lay bets Heather put up that other prisoner--to attack Esme just so Esme would be grateful to Heather? Why doesn't Dante just do his job and kick her ass back to D'Archam already?

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Who wants to lay bets Heather put up that other prisoner--to attack Esme just so Esme would be grateful to Heather? Why doesn't Dante just do his job and kick her ass back to D'Archam already?

I guess the security guard standing in the room while the other prisoner was menacing Esme and when Heather moved in with her shiv was Heather's friendly guard because they sure didn't do their job either.

• Like 1

I like that Spencer has Cam's back, but that sass was so juvenile. It just reinforced how unprepared in every way Spencer is to be any sort of parental figure. Ignore Dex! He's not worth the mind space!

11 hours ago, Semiglued said:

Apparently fans of the couple see them as a young Carly & Jason which…is not how I remember Carly and Jason.

Nor I. Carly was pretty desperate when she glommed onto Jason. Joss is a totally self-centered dope with waaaay too much privilege. The only thing that's the same is that the dudes are dullards connected to Sonny.

27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Who wants to lay bets Heather put up that other prisoner--to attack Esme just so Esme would be grateful to Heather?

I immediately thought it was a setup. It was kind of hilariously overacted by Dayplayer.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

One other thing about Joss today: the comment about not having had the time to break up with Cam before she slept with Dex?  How fucking disrespectful.  Like, "gee, sorry, couldn't fit it into my busy schedule to dump you, but I had it written on my things-to-do list, so basically, it was done, so you can't be mad about that." 

It was such a cruel thing to say, but Joss has shown she is cruel and disloyal. Does she have any redeeming qualities? Cam was going through a terrible time and was stressed about his mom, while trying to keep a job to help his mother, and do well in school. Spoiled privileged Joss has some nerve, especially considering how self-righteous she is about Spencer being spoiled. And about Sonny cheating! The self-righteous hypocrisy is outstanding. I don't understand why the writers try so hard to make the characters unlikable. 

I really really enjoy Spencer mocking and demeaning Dex, because NC is great at that kind of snarky haughtiness and because someone has to. But where is Trina in this storyline? She's supposedly Joss's best friend and her roommate.  Joss has been using their room as her private f-pad. And Trina has her own separate friendship with Cameron.  Trina normally has a really solid moral compass, so I'm going to need her involvement here. 

Edited by standbyme
  • Like 12

Joss sure looked super busy the months we saw her chasing after Dex. Looking him up online and showing up wherever he was. I don’t think another character looked like they had less going on in their lives 

• LOL 3
9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Joss sure looked super busy the months we saw her chasing after Dex. Looking him up online and showing up wherever he was. I don’t think another character looked like they had less going on in their lives 

"I loved you and thought you were my best friend, but I was just too busy to care enough to tell you it's over."

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
4 minutes ago, RedElf said:

"I loved you and thought you were my best friend, but I was just too busy to care enough to tell you it's over."

"You'll always be special to me, but I had so much on my plate chasing Dex around town that I couldn't squeeze breaking up with you into my schedule."

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
26 minutes ago, RedElf said:

"You'll always be special to me, but I had so much on my plate chasing Dex around town that I couldn't squeeze breaking up with you into my schedule."

"I tried to find a time when I could tell you it was over, but Dex's penis was waiting for me."

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

For me, Cam and Spencer comprise the currently most compelling relationship on the show, and the actors portraying them are also the two most compelling.  But there is so much missing here.

The situations the characters find themselves in, and the astounding fact that Spencer is receiving advice from his uncle the mob boss (instead of his father, the impregnator/imprisoner or his great uncle, whose list of ignominies is too long to go into), while Cameron has no mature adult male figure at all to turn to (since Kevin is MIA, Finn estranged and Scott not really a mature adult) highlights for me the strange composition of the current cast of characters. 

The younger generation is small, and the kids are pretty much on their own, saved only on occasion by grandmother/mayor Laura.  Their parents' generation is the largest on screen, generally messed up or self-absorbed, and with limited options for interaction outside a very small social circle. Their parents have some element of maturity (Robert, Anna, Felicia, Mac, Ned) but are too often on the shelf. And the senior generation---who would have been the Steve and Audrey Hardys, the Lila and Edward Quartermaines are completely gone from the canvas. 

Where is the dispenser of sage advice, or is that a thing of the past?  Who can the young people turn to, save each other?  Who demonstrates any capacity for personal growth?  A character can flail, but if that's all they do for the entirety of their existence, they become increasingly less tolerable, and not at all interesting. 

Edited by JMO
  • Like 10
  • Applause 4

7 minutes ago, JMO said:

Where is the dispenser of sage advice, or is that a thing of the past?  Who can the young people turn to, save each other?  Who demonstrates any capacity for personal growth?  A character can flail, but if that's all they do for the entirety of their existence, they become increasingly less tolerable, and not at all interesting. 

I think most of the heavily used characters are pretty gray but the younger set have been shown going to them. An effect of the mob being the heroes of the show

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2