Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Linny said:

Of course Valentin clocked that something's wrong with Dante in the span of a three minute conversation. He's legit the most intelligent and observant character on the show at this point, ain't nobody keeping nothin' from Valentin. Luckily the actor can pull it off. It fits for Valentin to get involved here since he's connected to Peter and to Lulu, and so I actually liked that he's the one getting to raise the alarm that all is not well with Dante. Dante's been back long enough that I'm ready to get the ball rolling on this story now.

Valentin needs to stop acting shocked, though, that people like Martin and now Dante believe that he isn't upset that Lulu is in a coma. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

That scene on Friday's show with Nina Honestly, the main reason I can't even get involved in these debates over the Michael/Willow/Chase/Sasha quad is that they all inspire apathy in me. They're all good-looking people, but they're not a very sexy or romantic bunch. Chase is the most appealing of the four, because the actor makes the character seem decent and likable, but I'm never as interested in his love stories as I am in his family and work stuff.

I am waiting for Jackie and BL to return so he can do something besides be in this snooze quad. And also have a scene with Dante, they had decent pal chemistry.

I would write off Brando/Willow/Sasha/Michael but if the show must have some of them then write off Michael and Willow and have Michael appear again a year with a new actor. If they can manage to fire ER they can manage to do that with CD.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I need Sasha to stop hanging on every drip of generic kindness Michael shows her so I can stop cringing my way through their scenes. The attention Michael is giving her does not at all give the vibe that he's harboring romantic feelings for her like she is for him, a choice I'm assuming is intentional and not due to Michael only having about three facial expressions. It's embarrassing that she bases her value on his opinion of her; is it too much to expect her to realize she matters regardless of whether she matters to Michael?

THIS!!! All of this!!! 

The writing for Sasha is so sad. She is such a pathetic woman. I really need her to get some self-respect and some dignity. What happens when Michael dumps her again? She goes back to drugs?!?! Why is her self-worth wrapped up in loser Michael loving her or caring about her? It's darn right sad! 

Chad's acting is so lackluster that I have no idea if he's still in love w/Sasha. Maybe he is . . . maybe he isn't. Who knows? I tend to agree w/you that I didn't see any indication he still has romantic feelings for her, but maybe he does? I honestly don't know. Willow seemed more into Chase today than she was on Friday, so I'm not sure what's going on there. All I know is I'm done w/the quad. I just want to see Chase w/his family, and Sasha w/Brando. That's it. I've had enough of Michael and Willow - together and individually - to last a lifetime. That said,  I don't want to see Millow, Chillow, or Micsha! 

• Love 5

Since we're going to be stuck with CD, I wonder if the situation could be improved by getting rid of Sasha or at least recasting her.

I can only assume that Sofia Mattson was cast because of her physical resemblance to Old Nina because she really is a bad actress.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yes.  Anna is too softhearted much of a chickenshit to tell him the truth.  Stupid cow.

Hope you don't mind that I made some amendments there!

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Peter has been given a ton of clues that Alex is his mother, such as Alex telling him they're two of the same kind of people, but apparently he still thinks Anna is.

<snip>

Nice reference to Covid 19 shutdowns with Dr. Chase saying that all his classes are on-line now.

And that Heinrik was all "YES!" and that he was glad he could finally tell her of the "dark" space inside him, or whatever he said. And how come she didn't mention it before?

Dr. Who?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Since we're going to be stuck with CD, I wonder if the situation could be improved by getting rid of Sasha or at least recasting her.

It doesn't help that nearly all of Michael's women seem to need him to validate them, but CD is anti-chemistry with every woman he's paired with. He's very uncomfortable with love scenes, and it really shows onscreen. And Michael as a character is hardly passionate anyway.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I need Sasha to stop hanging on every drip of generic kindness Michael shows her so I can stop cringing my way through their scenes.

Word.  I'm mostly indifferent to Sasha, but oh man, her pathetically clinging to Michael's scraps, apparently needing a man's approval and affection to feel any self-worth, was rouuugh to watch.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Why would Maxie of all people want a double wedding with her soon-to-be-in-laws?

Here's my question about this - why would she think Anna and Dr. Michael Easton would want any kind of big to-do?  I just can't imagine either of them being into that - they've both been married before, she's not a poofy dress kind of special agent, he's supposed to be an emotionally stunted weirdo who wouldn't want to be the center of attention like that, etc.  But I guess that's not soapy enough.

• Love 7

The original Anna/Finn wedding plans were supposed to be a huge wedding with over 200 guests. Yeah, like that would ever happen on this show.

18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Dr. Who?

Isn't Finn and Chase's dad called Dr. Chase?  I thought that Finn changed his name to his mother's when he disowned his father.

• Love 1

I have to laugh: The double wedding is obviously a cost-cutting move on the part of the show. They're not going to shell out for two big weddings, especially if they're close together.

Anna and Finn seem like city hall types to me. Grab Violet and have Laura marry you, guys!

I'd prefer to see some couple live together and not be married, but that's not soapy, I suppose.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can only assume that Sofia Mattson was cast because of her physical resemblance to Old Nina because she really is a bad actress.

No. They keep sacrificing women at the altar of CD. He is the biggest problem and maybe the show should stop throwing women at him to see which ones stick. CD is a black hole of chemistry. He couldn't generate chemistry with the girl he was dating in real life. 

The Sacha actress is not that good, but I'm tired of watching the parade of female characters that go to literally die in their pairing with Michael. 

About the show, the extensive scenes between Sasha and Michael were pretty abysmal. Why are we doing this? There is something really unhealthy with Sasha where she measures her value as a person by fucking Michael of all people. What's the message supposed to be here, show? Pretty girl has zero self-worth unless she's loved by dishrag? 

Also, CD gave his scene partner nothing to work with. Here, I'll hold your hand because that's what I'm directed to do, otherwise, let me read my lines at you with the same tone I use while reading the ingredients off the label of the supermarket pasta sauce. This is the guy they're selling as the romantic lead of the show. Hard pass. Thanks, but no thanks!

And do 2-3 year old children cry like Wylie cries? This child always wakes up crying. 

Maxie, learn to read the room. Anna doesn't want a double wedding, you twit. 

Chase and Willow are still mature and I thought there was a lot more invested in that than there was with Sasha and Michael. Michael was grateful to Sasha for what she did while Willow told Chase that she still loved him. Inevitably, she will choose Michael because of Wylie because she went from being somewhat interesting to being as bland as her husband.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And do 2-3 year old children cry like Wylie cries?

LOL, I was thinking this, too! The boys they use for him are older than the crying would indicate. He also seems a bit old to be crying so often. Great parenting, Willow and Michael. Have you not taught him to self-soothe yet?

• Love 4

I think Anna and Finn might elope because of Maxie and Anna will give Maxie and Peter their venue, etc, like what happened when Naxie didn't get married and Nina and Valentin used their set up to get married.

Yes, Gonzo.  He said that there was a problem connecting with Chase's mom because they kept missing each other, with her job and his teaching from Stanford to St. Andrew's (Scotland?) but now all classes are taught on-line so he can stay in Port Charles until the wedding.

27 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And do 2-3 year old children cry like Wylie cries? This child always wakes up crying

Mine woke up ready to roll out of bed and see what exciting things there were to see today. But Wylie's been traumatized by being taken from his fathers and never seeing either of them again while he's given to someone who has no idea how to parent and grandparents who see him as a possession so he's a traumatized little kid. No wonder he wakes up crying.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Anna and Finn seem like city hall types to me. Grab Violet and have Laura marry you, guys!

I'd prefer to see some couple live together and not be married, but that's not soapy, I suppose.

Totally agree on both counts.  I'd totally buy Anna and Dr. Michael Easton being people who'd be fine just being committed without needing marriage/a wedding.  But if they did want to marry, it'd be city hall, Robin and Chase as witnesses, performed by Mac, done.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why not? People have double weddings.

Do they? I always thought double weddings was more of a soap thing. How many couples (unless they are super, super close) want to share their big day with another couple? 

But Maxie would be the last person who would suggest a double wedding. When Anna/Finn were talking about scaling down their previously 200 guests wedding, Maxie was staring at them in disbelief.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Do they? I always thought double weddings was more of a soap thing. How many couples (unless they are super, super close) want to share their big day with another couple? 

But Maxie would be the last person who would suggest a double wedding. When Anna/Finn were talking about scaling down their previously 200 guests wedding, Maxie was staring at them in disbelief.

Ummm...my mom and her brother had a double wedding. 

So apparently this is what Sasha considers an expression of kindness and caring;

4A4205CE-14E7-4126-AB84-7AD5399F849E.jpeg

The scenes with Chase and Willow were much better.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He also seems a bit old to be crying so often. Great parenting, Willow and Michael. Have you not taught him to self-soothe yet?

Oh, they'll have none of that!  Prince Wiley has had a "rough year' so they will both traipse up there and no doubt perform a puppet show while also having Cook prepare him an ice cream sundae to order. 

Fast forward 5 years and Wiley will still be saying "after that traumatic year I had when I was a year old, I deserve to have my every whim catered to." 

• LOL 6
On 12/5/2020 at 6:26 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I'm glad Britt mentioned again that Nelle took advantage of Brad's grief in that moment.

Britt trying to describe Brad as a "victim of Nelle" didn't work for me. Sure, Nelle took advantage of Brad when he was emotional and she was alone with him when he was overcome with grief. But after that, he chose to lie to everyone, including the husband with whom he exchanged vows, and to be selfish when he had numerous opportunities to come clean. The whole "I had a second chance to be a father" mentality was all him, not Nelle. But Britt is the type to find ways to excuse everything she has done, so it's more irritating than surprising.

5 hours ago, Linny said:

The attention Michael is giving her does not at all give the vibe that he's harboring romantic feelings for her like she is for him, a choice I'm assuming is intentional and not due to Michael only having about three facial expressions.

We got such a nice, honest conversation between Chase and Willow and then the episode ends with her walking away with Michael to tend to Wiley, ugh. A child is not a solid enough foundation to support an entire relationship and Willow and Michael's weak attraction isn't holding any weight here either. 

Totally agree!  There was the contrast between Michael appearing to have regrets for Sasha's suffering and how he was totally over her the moment they broke up, whereas Willow and Chase seem to still be in love .... while she is feeling torn because she has feelings (ugh) for Michael and they "rely on each other as Wiley's parents."

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

There is something really unhealthy with Sasha where she measures her value as a person by fucking Michael of all people. What's the message supposed to be here, show? Pretty girl has zero self-worth unless she's loved by dishrag? 

Maxie, learn to read the room. Anna doesn't want a double wedding, you twit. 

I so agree. And I love that you call Maxie a twit! She is!!

I enjoyed the Willow-Chase scenes; great job by both actors.  

Are we to believe that Violet is just a happy little girl who doesn't think about or miss her mommy at all, as yet another new person is introduced to her/added to her family?!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Could Finn's papa be any worse at storytelling?  No wonder Finn is so awkward around kids -- he gets it from his dad.

I’m still not sure why they replaced James Read. He looked a lot like Michael Easton or vice versa. 

Edited by ByaNose

The actor playing Chase really nails the decent guy thing, and they won't make CD a schemer-- or Willow, for that matter. They're trying so hard NOT to make anyone the bad guy that they kind of suck all the drama/suspense out of this triangle/quad (I'm going with triangle, because Sasha doesn't really factor into Michael's thinking IMO)

JS is just so likeable as Chase-- I want to see him happy, but I'm convinced they won't like Michael lose a woman to another man.

And if Willow is the paragon the show keeps saying she is, how can she keep living in the Q mansion if she knows she has feelings for Chase AND Michael?

It might be interesting if the thought of losing Willow makes Michael more like Carly-- and he breaks bad. I don't know if CD can play it-- but currently he's just a black hole of chemistry.

• Love 1

When Anna said someone was missing from Violet's drawing, I thought for sure she was going to say it was Violet's actual mother. I guess no one gives a rat's ass about Hayden anymore. I wonder if Nik is still searching for her. 

I'm sure the double wedding is so that when Peter is exposed during the ceremony it can destroy Maxie and Anna at the same time in grand fashion. Reserve a front row seat for me! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

The actor playing Chase really nails the decent guy thing, and they won't make CD a schemer-- or Willow, for that matter. They're trying so hard NOT to make anyone the bad guy that they kind of suck all the drama/suspense out of this triangle/quad (I'm going with triangle, because Sasha doesn't really factor into Michael's thinking IMO)

JS is just so likeable as Chase-- I want to see him happy, but I'm convinced they won't like Michael lose a woman to another man.

And if Willow is the paragon the show keeps saying she is, how can she keep living in the Q mansion if she knows she has feelings for Chase AND Michael?

It might be interesting if the thought of losing Willow makes Michael more like Carly-- and he breaks bad. I don't know if CD can play it-- but currently he's just a black hole of chemistry.

That is another problem with this show (and honestly, it is an annoying trend through media right now); every time they get a compelling villian with a charismatic actor, they seek to redeem him or her, and fairly quickly, usually to pair them the lead protagonist, but in order to do that they often strip character of what them interesting to watch and the new relationship of an healthy depth of what it once had, instead turning it toxic romantic relationship. Also hurting the show, FV can't create a good schemer to save his life, a la Tracy Q or Dr. Chris Ramsey from Port Charles. They are both assholes, but they didn't step over the line of being deliberate murderers. 

If GH wasn't such a shit show, I would have Dr. Chris Ramsey return and pair him with Britt. But either they would completely neuter him or turn him into an unrepentant murderer like Ava Jerome. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

I'm sure the double wedding is so that when Peter is exposed during the ceremony it can destroy Maxie and Anna at the same time in grand fashion. Reserve a front row seat for me! 

And me. That would be great because the Peter stuff is long, long past its best before date.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Anna will either say "I'm not your mother," or she will actively defend his ass. Honestly, I'm just rooting for his death at this point. If the actor was just a little bit good, I wouldn't mind him, but he's not. As far as I can tell, his acting hasn't changed even a little since he was on Charmed.

The Sam and Jason breakup/break was a long time coming and should have happened years ago, but thank goodness it finally happened. The only thing that would have made it better would be Danny saying that he missed Uncle Drew, or he missed when Drew was his dad, because he and Mom were happier then.

• Love 11

So the spoiler "Jason plays a board game with Danny" was actually "Jason watches as Sam and Danny play a board game, high fives the boy, and then sends him out of the room so the adults can talk." Shockerrr.....

Are we really supposed to believe that Sam is so shocked to hear that Danny's friends' parents are afraid of Jason?!

The Danny actor is definitely more talented than the Sasha actress. I genuinely felt sorry for the boy acknowledging that his dad is rarely around/can't be counted on for events/isn't invested in their lives. 

Unintentional comedy gold: the look on Jason's face when Sam said "Don't come back."

I didn't like Trina and Joss pressuring Cam to use his mother's computer and password to hack Taggert's medical records. I can't tell if Epiphany's look at the end was guilt, or if she realized what they were trying to do while looking at the record.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Honestly, I'm just rooting for his death at this point.

I still don't see them getting rid of WR as long as he and LW are together.  They might break Peter and Maxie up but I bet he'll stay on canvas to become Faison Junior (which would be an insult to Anders Hove).  

4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Uncle Drew, or he missed when Drew was his dad, because he and Mom were happier then.

Who is this Drew you speak of?  There will be no mention of any Drew/Andrew/Andy of any kind, did you not receive the memo?  

4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

if Epiphany's look at the end was guilt, or if she realized what they were trying to do while looking at the record

I thought it was both.  That she realized they hacked Taggert's medical records and worried what they might find.  Though I don't know why the kids thought there would be anything in the records.  Surely they would be smart enough to realize that if Taggert had help faking his death, that the records would agree with that.  Did they really expect to look into his records and see something like: "Patient is not really dead.  We are faking it.  Ha ha".  

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Today on Paraphrase Hospital.......

Jordan:  I can't believe I set up Cyrus all those years ago and now all these people are dead

Curtis:  Babe, we've had this conversation 5895 times already.  It always ends the same way, you get upset, I reassure you that you coudn't have done anything differently, then we make out for a bit until they need to dust us off in a couple of weeks so we can have this same exact conversation again.

Jason:  Prepare yourself Sam, Julian is the evil of all evils who has ever eviled in the history of eviling.

Sam:  I don't want to hear anymore Jaysonnnn.  (Even though just last week me and my giant lips got our panties in a bunch that you were keeping things from us)

Jason:  Julian also did more evil stuff that is even more evil

Sam:  How dare he do evil things to save his own ass.  Just because Sonny would have killed him is no reason to do evil things.  I can't understand why mobsters do these terrible things, Jason.  Wait, let me move away from you so that the lightning bolt of hypocrisy doesn't strike me dead.

Trina:  You guys hack into the hospital computer while I distract Epiphany, because for sure if my dad's death was faked it would totally be written down somewhere for people to discover.

Joss to Cam:  Do you believe it's possible for Taggert to be alive?

Cam:  Let's see, my not dad Lucky was dead and came back.  Your "uncle" Jason was dead and came back.  My brother Jake was dead and came back.  Nope, don't believe it can happen.

Jason:  I gotta go

Sam;  Well, let me purse my giant lip in disgust and inform you not to come back

Jason's facial expression:  Bitch please, this is my apartment  (which could also be interpreted as constipation or whatever bitch, are you still here)

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Who is this Drew you speak of?  There will be no mention of any Drew/Andrew/Andy of any kind, did you not receive the memo?  

Welllllll, with Franco suddenly hearing Heinrik's voice in his head, the truth about what he did to Drew will come out, yes?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Today on Paraphrase Hospital.......

Wait, let me move away from you so that the lightning bolt of hypocrisy doesn't strike me dead.

Cam:  Let's see, my not dad Lucky was dead and came back. 

Perkie: A) You read my mind!!  B) This makes me wonder if Cam knows about the "when we were teenagers I believed Lucky died in a fire" time. 

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Welllllll, with Franco suddenly hearing Heinrik's voice in his head, the truth about what he did to Drew will come out, yes?

But the emphasis will be on Peter not on Drew, so it will be Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter, Drew, Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter,Peter.....

3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

This makes me wonder if Cam knows about the "when we were teenagers I believed Lucky died in a fire" time. 

That's a huge part of Liz/Laura's history, I would hope Cam knows, especially since Lucky was his father for about 89 minutes 9 years ago.  

• Love 3

Martin, you are an officer of the court. Don't let some two-bit hood like Sonny push you around. Wow, that was so disappointing.

"Baby, the bomb would have went off whether you were here or not." Sigh. The bomb would have GONE off. Obviously no one on the writing staff knows English grammar. It's embarrassing that this kind of basic mistake keeps getting made.

What a smug jerk Joss was. As if she wouldn't do the same thing Trina is doing if the shoe were on the other foot.

It only took Sam more than 20 years to kick Jason to the curb. I wonder how long this split will last. And Sam, it is Jason's fault that he's never around and can't be counted on.

How was Sonny able to put a tracker in Martin Gray's car?

4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Did they really expect to look into his records and see something like: "Patient is not really dead.  We are faking it.  Ha ha".  

"Shh. Don't tell anyone!"

LOL that Sasha thinks she's some kind of priority for Cyrus. He doesn't care if you live or die, lady! In fact, he'd prefer you dead.

• Love 4

I could have done without the Curtis / Jordan scenes. Jordan is so dull! They should pair her with Michael, that way I can use the bathroom when they're on screen. 

Sam finally put her big girl pants and kicked Jason to the curb. It was about time. When Sam was talking about mobsters not getting happy endings while sitting beside Jason, I thought she had completely lost her mind for not hearing her own words and not taking a good look at the mobster she lives with, but what do you know! I was wrong. Who knows how long this coming to Jesus moment will last. 

Danny leads a very isolated life, I'm actually surprised he has friends he gets to hang out with after school.

While I appreciate that Cam wants to stick by his friends, please don't let them railroad you like that. Don't use your mother's laptop to access patient records. You're messing with her job. Joss's parents are filthy rich, Portia lives on a doctor's salary. Your mother's hours have been cut and she could lose her job over this.

Sasha, I want revenge? Really? Go back to your kiddie pool, dummy. And stay there. And how is it that no one has asked her where she got the drugs since it's new on the market.

Nothing like watching the good mobsters plot the murder of Julian. I should have taken him out a long time ago, but Alexis's grief . . . fuck you, Sonny and that soap box you love preaching from.

Martin Grey folded pretty quickly. With him and Cyrus, I'm seeing another Ric and Sonny. How long before he goes to work for his mobster brother. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What a smug jerk Joss was. As if she wouldn't do the same thing Trina is doing if the shoe were on the other foot.

While she didn't do it, she was verily happily cheered when she learned about the consent form Nelle "signed" disappearing. I don't know if she heard Nelle accusing SheBeast of forging it; but she knows. She's just like her mother.

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

While I appreciate that Cam wants to stick by his friends, please don't let them railroad you like that. Don't use your mother's laptop to access patient records. You're messing with her job. Joss's parents are filthy rich, Portia lives on a doctor's salary. Your mother's hours have been cut and she could lose her job over this.

Sasha, I want revenge? Really? Go back to your kiddie pool, dummy. And stay there. And how is it that no one has asked her where she got the drugs since it's new on the market.

Nothing like watching the good mobsters plot the murder of Julian. I should have taken him out a long time ago, but Alexis's grief . . . fuck you, Sonny and that soap box you love preaching from.

Martin Grey folded pretty quickly. With him and Cyrus, I'm seeing another Ric and Sonny. How long before he goes to work for his mobster brother. 

1. If they hadn't turned Lucky into a deadbeat dad, or had Vaughn's "Lucky" be a total meathead whose hacking skillz had disappeared, Cam could have learned such skillz from Jonathan's Lucky.
  2. Chase did. She refused to answer. I think Nina asked her as well, and she stayed mum. Revenge, you say? When no one held a gun to her head and forced her so snort that shit up her nose?
  3. I LOATHE Mooby sooooo much. I guess since Show is doubling/trebling down on how he doesn't traffic drugs, or guns, or all those other things that MOBSTERS do, Intimidation and "justified" murdering is what makes him sooooo scaaaarrrryyyyyyyy.
  4. Seriously? He let Mooby scare him? When he TOWERS over that midgety crypt keeper?
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
  • Chase did. She refused to answer. I think Nina asked her as well, and she stayed mum. Revenge, you say? When no one held a gun to her head and forced her so snort that shit up her nose?

Her ass should be hauled down to the station for some questioning. 

• Love 2

So, if Sam & Jason are really, truly over, that means she signed away her kid's ELQ shares until they reach 18, in order to stay in contact with Jason for (checks notes) about 6 months.

(which allowed Cyrus to say on the GH board to fire Monica & Bobbie, and possibly move drugs through the hospital)

She's such an idiot. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

1. Seriously? He let Mooby scare him? When he TOWERS over that midgety crypt keeper?

It was so ridiculous. Sonny said "The fifth doesn't apply here" as if he were the judge and had the right  to put Martin on trial.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

It was so ridiculous. Sonny said "The fifth doesn't apply here" as if he were the judge and had the right  to put Martin on trial.

It's not about the Fifth Amendment anyway! It's attorney-client privilege. There's so much wrong on this show.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not about the Fifth Amendment anyway! It's attorney-client privilege. There's so much wrong on this show.

I'm going to take a leap of unusual faith and say maybe whoever wrote that line wanted to emphasize that the Fifth Amendment is the only thing Mooby knows because he and Jaysus use it all the time, and think that the Fifth applies to everything?

[Waits a 10 seconds to let that process...]

Nah! Because if that were the case, then Writer would have had Tad Sanders tell Mooby he was an idiot and that it was attorney/client privilege!

So @dubbel zout hit the nail. First that EGREGIOUS Screw up with Grammar.

But I've come to expect these kinds of things with this FAKAKTA show.

• Love 1

I was going to say attorney/client privilege, something Sonny also have intimidate knowledge of, but I didn't know if it still applied because Julian fired Marty shortly after Nelle died.

Either way, it's ridiculous how everyone just rolls over for Sonny because he tells them to.

Will it ever occur to Sam that Julian wouldn't have done those things if he wasn't afraid that Sonny and Jason would murder him? And since not seeing Jason enough is what upsets Danny, how is kicking Jason out going to help?

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Julian fired Marty shortly after Nelle died.

I think Julian reinstated Marty before taking his car, heh.

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Will it ever occur to Sam that Julian wouldn't have done those things if he wasn't afraid that Sonny and Jason would murder him? And since not seeing Jason enough is what upsets Danny, how is kicking Jason out going to help?

1) Of course not, as Julian is OMG TEH EVULEST EVUL WHO EVER EVULED!!1!1

2) LOL. Sam isn't exactly a thinker. Jason will never give up the mob. What about that doesn't she understand? He's never misled her as far as that goes.

• Love 5
On 12/3/2020 at 8:33 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

I tend to agree. Before Sam went into that bizarre dream-state watching Brando and Carly the other day, I thought they were just setting her up for a new pairing. Now it does kinda seem like she's on the way out.

That was a very strange moment. I thought maybe Sam had gotten into another litter box. 

• LOL 3