Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Ooh is she trying to jump ship to RHOBeverly Hills?

That's exactly what I think she is trying to do. She is tired of slumming it with the likes of Tamra and Gina. But I can't see her fitting in with the BH crowd other than mean girl Kyle.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
On 8/3/2023 at 5:15 PM, 65mickey said:

That's exactly what I think she is trying to do. She is tired of slumming it with the likes of Tamra and Gina. But I can't see her fitting in with the BH crowd other than mean girl Kyle.

I agree Heather's sights are on RHoBH. 

But I'm not sure about Heather getting along with  Kyle - meaning Kyle the Halloween actress. They might be in competition.  Kyle being in movies & Heather more TV? Or maybe they'll be pals & will commiserate together about how hard it is to be striving, but older, actresses. 

Or Kyle might suck up to Heather if Kyle thought Mauricio could get a home listing out of the Dubrows.  At some point they'll need to dump their Century City penthouse because they just bought Mark Wahlberg's mansion. Or maybe keep the penthouse & flip that mansion.  If there's a commission to be had, Kyle will suck up for it - even given her questionable marital status. 

Dunno - could go either way with Kyle.

• Like 5

I loved that Mark Cuban didn’t remember the specifics of the dinner with the Dubrows like Heather assumed.  The fact that she had to throw in that they (Dubrows) paid for dinner. Ugh. She almost completely ignored Mrs. Cuban. Bad move, Heather.

• Like 13
20 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I thought it was Dino Dilaurentiis' mansion. At any rate, they said it would take 3 years to remodel, so they won't be offloading the pied a terre anytime soon. 

Sorry. I got confused. The same buyer of the Dubrow Newport home for $55 million (some unnamed foreign buyer) also bought the Wahlberg home for $55 million.

You're right. The Dubrows bought the DiLaurentis home. The Wahlberg home & the DiLaurentis home are both located in the same area of Beverly Hills called Beverly Park. Lisa & Ken Vanderpump live in Beverly Park as well.  Adrienne Maloof when married to Paul Nassif lived across the street from Lisa & Ken - but when the Nassifs divorced, not sure if either one kept that house or not.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 3
On 8/5/2023 at 12:42 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

I thought it was Dino Dilaurentiis' mansion. At any rate, they said it would take 3 years to remodel, so they won't be offloading the pied a terre anytime soon. 

They will flip one, or the other (or both) in the future because that's what they do all their lives.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I could kind of dig Heather on RHoBH. I concur with what others have said about how she'd vibe with Kyle. It's a toss-up.

I think Garcelle and Sutton would be friendly and welcoming. Well, because they are Garcelle and Sutton.

Crystal might be a little arm's-length at first. Not because she's a snob, but because she seems to take a little time to warm up to people. She'd be friendly for sure.

Dorit and PK would suck up big time.

Erika ... who knows? I think she'd have a chip on her shoulder given Heather's wealth, long-term marriage, etc. I would cringe in advance about the first time Heather was on the receiving end of one of Erika's nasty outbursts. 

Kathy would be cordial but indifferent.

• Like 11

A poster on the thread for last weeks show asked if anyone remembered the episode where Heather threw a party and made every sit in the foyer. She had hallways and doors roped off like a museum. I am researching this now. I think it might be season 7 episode 19. The one where Sarah ATE THE BOW! Watching now. Will report back. 

Okay this is the one where the halls and rooms were roped off and she had men standing around like guards, hired guards by the ropes. Alexis and Sarah stepped over the ropes to find a bathroom. And the guards were giving them the strange look. Evidently the guests were only allowed outside and in the foyer. This house and it was huge and much nicer than the mausoleum one.  There was a lot of screaming and fighting at this party. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
On 8/1/2023 at 10:22 PM, ZettaK said:

They just bought the Beverly Hills estate of the late director Dino De Laurentis, on top of the penthouse. They could do it because the Newport Coast house sold for $55 million. They will be renovating the house for three years. 

This intrigued me so I started to poke around the Internet. Had to stop, though, when I came across a site called Fancy Pants Homes.  😂

• LOL 10
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

A poster on the thread for last weeks show asked if anyone remembered the episode where Heather threw a party and made every sit in the foyer. She had hallways and doors roped off like a museum. I am researching this now. I think it might be season 7 episode 19. The one where Sarah ATE THE BOW! Watching now. Will report back. 

Okay this is the one where the halls and rooms were roped off and she had men standing around like guards, hired guards by the ropes. Alexis and Sarah stepped over the ropes to find a bathroom. And the guards were giving them the strange look. Evidently the guests were only allowed outside and in the foyer. This house and it was huge and much nicer than the mausoleum one.  There was a lot of screaming and fighting at this party. 

Wasn’t there another party where rooms were off-limits? I think it was early in the season when Heather made her grand reentry — when she and Shannon (and maybe others) got into a fight over that malpractice suit against Terry? Heather was practically pushing the cameras away.

But roping off rooms from the Great Unwashed is pretty standard behavior for Mrs. Dubrow. We need to find Lydia’s mom and have her come back to put her feet up on a couch.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
On 8/3/2023 at 8:15 PM, 65mickey said:

Can you see Ms. Pretentiousness going up against the likes of Erika? The pearl-clutching that would happen when Erika showed up at a Dubrow soiree looking like a Pretty Mess video? The takedown that would happen the first time Heather tried her condescending act? I dunno…that may be something to see. Somehow I don’t think she could keep up with the BH bunch. AFAIC, her cred has slipped on OC this year, and if she can’t keep up there…

All that said, I think she’s truly having a midlife crisis. The kids are grown and starting to move out; she’s realizing that (by Hollywood standards) her best acting years have passed her by; and the real estate isn’t doing it for her anymore. She doesn’t know what to do with herself. All she knows is, she has to keep moving (as in not standing still). She’s flailing around, trying to redefine herself. I’m looking for her and Terry to split once Katarina and Coco are on their own. Would not surprise me at. all.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Wasn’t there another party where rooms were off-limits? I think it was early in the season when Heather made her grand reentry — when she and Shannon (and maybe others) got into a fight over that malpractice suit against Terry? Heather was practically pushing the cameras away.

But roping off rooms from the Great Unwashed is pretty standard behavior for Mrs. Dubrow. We need to find Lydia’s mom and have her come back to put her feet up on a couch.

She had a clambake held on the grounds of her then mansion in season 8. The one where she wouldn't let Terry have onion rings. I haven't rewatched this but at some point I think Terry mentioned something about taking the party inside. Heather let it be known that the party would go to the basement rec room.  Other events that she hosted were the infamous hoedown on the pile of dirt before the macmansion was built, a girls party held in the new house when it was under construction and last season's dinner party held in a room that looked like a prison cell.  I'll have to research the party where she got mad and threw everyone out of her home before they had dinner. Last time we saw a reaction like that was when Nene got mad with people going in her closet and she beat up a camera man sending him to the hospital with a broken tooth.  Who ropes off hallways and stations security by the ropes for a dinner party?  I mean this is not the White House. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
38 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

She had a clambake held on the grounds of her then mansion in season 8. The one where she wouldn't let Terry have onion rings. I haven't rewatched this but at some point I think Terry mentioned something about taking the party inside. Heather let it be known that the party would go to the basement rec room.  Other events that she hosted were the infamous hoedown on the pile of dirt before the macmansion was built, a girls party held in the new house when it was under construction and last season's dinner party held in a room that looked like a prison cell.  I'll have to research the party where she got mad and threw everyone out of her home before they had dinner. Last time we saw a reaction like that was when Nene got mad with people going in her closet and she beat up a camera man sending him to the hospital with a broken tooth.  Who ropes off hallways and stations security by the ropes for a dinner party?  I mean this is not the White House. 

So insufferable. I remember the hoedown…she wanted everybody to write a note and put it in a time capsule, and the tour of the unbuilt house, where everybody had to suffer through her bragging while walking through a construction site in heels.

Honestly, if you don’t want to open your home to people who you invite into your home, then rent an event hall or find new friends. It implies distrust and classism, and that is insulting.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Heather probably rents a port-a-potty for a dinner party to keep those unwashed butts off her commodes too. Her complaining that she felt left out and not close friends with the others is rich, considering it’s hard to be a friend if you look down your nose at everyone.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2023 at 10:41 AM, CharlizeCat said:

I could kind of dig Heather on RHoBH. I concur with what others have said about how she'd vibe with Kyle. It's a toss-up.

I think Garcelle and Sutton would be friendly and welcoming. Well, because they are Garcelle and Sutton.

Crystal might be a little arm's-length at first. Not because she's a snob, but because she seems to take a little time to warm up to people. She'd be friendly for sure.

Dorit and PK would suck up big time.

Erika ... who knows? I think she'd have a chip on her shoulder given Heather's wealth, long-term marriage, etc. I would cringe in advance about the first time Heather was on the receiving end of one of Erika's nasty outbursts. 

Kathy would be cordial but indifferent.

Crystal is a snob. Kathy is a snob too, but she pretended on her show she was not. Erika is plain asshole.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

S16Ep2. Loose Lips and Lawsuits  December 8, 2021

Gina and Emily investigate a juicy rumor about Shannon and Heather's old friend, Nicole; Gina feels compelled to reveal the truth, resulting in an explosive string of arguments that shuts down Heather's party.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Last season's dinner with her real friends, and Jen and Ryne was at her formal dining room which I thought looked nice. 

Last year's catering event/dinner from Nobu was at a huge living room for cocktails, but we never saw the dining room because Heather told everybody to leave. She said later on that our HWs stayed and ate, and the remaining food was donated.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

A rerun from Heather’s first season is on right now (S7, aired in 2012), and she is presenting her previous, smaller house in Newport Coast. She said that the couple built a very large entryway in order to have parties. 

• LOL 3

Terry’s had a transient ischemic attack (TIA).

https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/09/terry-dubrow-medical-scare-stroke-heather-dubrow-botched/

He was slurring his words; Heather wanted him to go to the hospital; he refused until some doctor buds convinced him to go. 

Doctors ran a series of tests, and discovered Terry experienced a transient ischemic attack, or TIA. TIAs are described as a brief blockage of blood flow to part of the brain, which can temporarily cause stroke-like symptoms. They're typically transitory and don't cause lasting damage.

Doctors also discovered Terry had a patent foramen ovale, or PFO, which is a hole in the heart that didn't close the way it should after birth. Doctors told Terry a blood clot passed through the PFO, traveled to his brain and caused the TIA.

He’s fine now, but the man avoided a bigger stroke.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Terry’s had a transient ischemic attack (TIA). . .He was slurring his words; Heather wanted him to go to the hospital; he refused until some doctor buds convinced him to go. . .He’s fine now, but the man avoided a bigger stroke.

Maybe.  A TIA if often a precursor to a full-blown stroke within the next 2-3 months.  (If his congenital heart issue was the sole & only reason for the TIA & fixed, maybe he's in the clear - I'm not a doctor.) But from the patient side of things, it seems doctors can only give you an educated GUESS why someone starts throwing off clots & the clot, not hole, was the problem.

My dad had a series of TIAs over 10 years. Each resolved within a few minutes. Each a bit different. A loss of speech or inability to respond, or slurred speech, or loss of balance, or confusion, or blank spots in his vision.  Each time, checked out at the hospital (by CT scan or MRI) & each time, released.  Checked out by neurologists, even eye docs. His blood pressure & tests (echocardiograms, etc.) always perfect. Exercised regularly his whole life. Strong & seemingly fine. 

Then he had a TIA that resolved quickly like the others & released as always, but 2 months later (within the potential 2-3 months) had a major stroke.  It just can't be predicted with certainty.

So for sure, it could have been worse (this time) for Terry, but there's no way to predict what's coming. If I were a patient to undergo surgery with Terry at the helm - I'd sure want to know he had a second in command to take over should something happen with him. Surprising that a doctor like Terry wouldn't suspect a TIA or stroke immediately, but like any human being, you never think it's going to happen to you.  Until it does.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 6
6 hours ago, realityplease said:

Maybe.  A TIA if often a precursor to a full-blown stroke within the next 2-3 months.  (If his congenital heart issue was the sole & only reason for the TIA & fixed, maybe he's in the clear - I'm not a doctor.) But from the patient side of things, it seems doctors can only give you an educated GUESS why someone starts throwing off clots & the clot, not hole, was the problem.

My dad had a series of TIAs over 10 years. Each resolved within a few minutes. Each a bit different. A loss of speech or inability to respond, or slurred speech, or loss of balance, or confusion, or blank spots in his vision.  Each time, checked out at the hospital (by CT scan or MRI) & each time, released.  Checked out by neurologists, even eye docs. His blood pressure & tests (echocardiograms, etc.) always perfect. Exercised regularly his whole life. Strong & seemingly fine. 

Then he had a TIA that resolved quickly like the others & released as always, but 2 months later (within the potential 2-3 months) had a major stroke.  It just can't be predicted with certainty.

So for sure, it could have been worse (this time) for Terry, but there's no way to predict what's coming. If I were a patient to undergo surgery with Terry at the helm - I'd sure want to know he had a second in command to take over should something happen with him. Surprising that a doctor like Terry wouldn't suspect a TIA or stroke immediately, but like any human being, you never think it's going to happen to you.  Until it does.

My father-in-law had two strokes, and the doctors found out he had a hole in his heart. He had heart surgery, and he never had any issues after that. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Interesting interview with Heather

I liked this comment: "I’ll tell you, Andy and I have a very nice relationship, but I am a very tiny cog in the Andy Cohen world. If you think I’m gonna use my three minutes of time that I have with Andy to talk about someone else, you’d be wrong. I have my own things to talk about that are important."

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 8/3/2023 at 6:40 AM, Pi237 said:

Ooh is she trying to jump ship to RHOBeverly Hills?

In a way I could see Heather wanting this because she thinks she's too classy for the OC. What she has to remember is that on OC, she is the big fish in the little pond - money wise and acting wise. She feels superior and likes to look down her nose at the other cast members.

If she jumps over to Beverly Hills, she's no longer the most accomplished actress. Garcelle has the best resume. Kyle's scope of work is 5 times larger than Heather's. Even Erika has a Las Vegas residency. She won't look so great when she doesn't land any roles. She'd look ridiculous bragging about Malibu Country . She is no longer the richest - next to Sutton, Kyle, and Crystal.

She also doesn't know production - it's a different crew, so she doesn't have any sway. The other HW's have a history with production and have more influence. The cast would not be intimidated by her and would have no problem bringing up Teri's cheating, like they do on OC. She knows the secrets or things the OC ladies don't want brought to light, she doesn't have anything on the BH cast.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Watching “Couch Talk With Captain Lee and Kate,” and they’re talking about the Doppelganger episode. Kate makes the comment that Heather gives off “yacht owner” vibes and says she’s surprised Terry and Heather don’t own one. (This surprises me too, come to think of it.) Lee’s response… “They couldn’t keep a crew.”

Edited by RoseAllDay
Got show’s name wrong…
  • LOL 16
On 8/10/2023 at 11:04 AM, snarts said:

Interesting interview with Heather

I liked this comment: "I’ll tell you, Andy and I have a very nice relationship, but I am a very tiny cog in the Andy Cohen world. If you think I’m gonna use my three minutes of time that I have with Andy to talk about someone else, you’d be wrong. I have my own things to talk about that are important."

Well, the producers and cast meet before a season starts filming to decide who is going to be targeted, or become a "villain", among other suggested story lines, and Heather was chosen the last couple of seasons. And then friendly blogs, podcasts, sites, etc. participate in the attacks. 

• Like 1

Is Heather still involved with this Consult Beaute stuff, or is this just Terry’s scam now? I sometimes catch him shilling this stuff on TV. Wow…it’s gone from skin care to diet products.

Maybe Heather doesn’t want to debase herself by doing Shop TV?

The viewer comments on the appetite suppressant…”Best Product Ever! I’ve been using it for three weeks.” 😅

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

is heather just gonna rent till her other two kids move out? what about when her kids are home on vacations ... this 2 bed apartment really doesn't make sense 

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/terry-heather-dubrow-buy-english-style-beverly-hills-estate

https://realityblurb.com/2023/07/25/photos-rhoc-stars-heather-and-terry-dubrow-buy-a-16-million-dream-house-in-beverly-hills-see-pics-plus-is-a-new-show-in-the-works/

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Useful 5
1 minute ago, Pi237 said:

I thought the last build was Heather's dream home? Can't wait to see how they strip the Beverly Hills property of all warmth and charm.

Right?!? I actually like Heather a lot of the time but her taste in home decor is very…uncomfortable.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

I thought the last build was Heather's dream home? Can't wait to see how they strip the Beverly Hills property of all warmth and charm.

Sometimes your dreams become a nightmare when looked at in the cold light of day.. apparently staffing the house and running them was a full time job that she didn't think about when building that thing and it was taking up a lot of her time

6 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

they are that rich they can just plop 30 million down without a blink of an eye  ... that's some kinda money i could only dream about lol

• Like 5

Word on the net is that Chateau Dubrow cost 21m to build.  The building phase was shown on previous OC seasons.  It was sold for 55m and they recently bought a new family home for 16m which they plan on taking three years to renovate.

I enjoy seeing the eye candy homes.  I can’t help to think that If Heather was on RHOBH, everyone would be oohing and ohing.  However, she really needs ponies or to do splits on demand.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
38 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

Word on the net is that Chateau Dubrow cost 21m to build.  The building phase was shown on previous OC seasons.  It was sold for 55m and they recently bought a new family home for 16m which they plan on taking three years to renovate.

I enjoy seeing the eye candy homes.  I can’t help to think that If Heather was on RHOBH, everyone would be oohing and ohing.  However, she really needs ponies or to do splits on demand.

Go back and find the season when it was being built. We get to see her spend Terry’s money like a madwoman, boss around the builders, and take the women on a guided tour of what was basically a construction site (OSHA, anyone?), followed by a lunch. Of course she was bragging the whole time about how great everything was. I think this was Meghan King’s first year.

The Dubrows apparently can’t spend their money fast enough. What are they trying to compensate for?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Go back and find the season when it was being built. We get to see her spend Terry’s money like a madwoman, boss around the builders, and take the women on a guided tour of what was basically a construction site (OSHA, anyone?), followed by a lunch. Of course she was bragging the whole time about how great everything was. I think this was Meghan King’s first year.

The Dubrows apparently can’t spend their money fast enough. What are they trying to compensate for?

Heather’s limited career options. She’s so thirsty. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

And they bought the penthouse in Century City for $14 million, just after they sold the Newport Coast house. So, it's $30 million for both, plus the cost of the renovations for the Beverly Hills house. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

To avoid paying massive taxes on the profit from the sale of the convention center, er, Newport Beach mausoleum, er, house, they needed to roll the profits into other properties.  So purchasing the two properties makes sense financially.  Problems most of us will never have. 

I wonder if they classified the home as a convention center to avoid taxes on the sale of a personal home. Homes only qualify for a 500K exemption.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
On 9/1/2023 at 5:07 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

To avoid paying massive taxes on the profit from the sale of the convention center, er, Newport Beach mausoleum, er, house, they needed to roll the profits into other properties.  So purchasing the two properties makes sense financially.  Problems most of us will never have. 

Yes, one has to buy properies of similar value within a specific time period to avoid paying taxes.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Emily just said on Watch What Happens Live that Heather told PRODUCTION about what Shannon confided to her regarding the problems in her relationship with John! That's why Shannon keeps saying Heather is responsible for this being discussed on the show, and becoming a story line.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 5