Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: I Hate the World

The FBI continues to interrogate Connor which leads him to panic under the pressure. Annalise, Tegan and the students defend a woman accused of violating a disabled man’s civil rights for developing a dating app that discriminates against him. Bonnie helps Nate get more intel on Tegan. Michaela and Gabriel travel to New York to track down her father.

Airdate: Thursday, October 17, 2019

I knew going to that warehouse wasn't going to end well! 

(And speaking of things ending well, I'm wondering how that whole threesome thing's going to play out with Connor and Oliver. And I want to like the interaction between Annalise and that guy she had ice cream with, but with this show, it's just so easy to have one's guard up, and I keep questioning her desire to throw out bits about her past to these people she's just met.) 

.I'm very much with Michaela on being wary of her dad's whole schtick and all-he came off very...mansplain-y-but I also agree that talking things out would be better, so hopefully their meeting will give her some actual answers. 

That said, Gabriel, if I were you, I wouldn't be getting on my high horse here. He needs to listen better, too, when it comes to what Annalise is saying on those tapes.

Tegan: "I regret what I did to get it." Hmmm. 

• Love 7

I wonder why they didn't kill Frank?

Shut up Gabriel and Asher.

I'm not sure if the woman's dating app really was discriminating against people, but I did laugh when Annalise questioned the guy - paraphrasing here - about why dating should be easier for him and why he shouldn't have to face rejection like everyone else does.

Annalise's comments about being dark skinned reminded me again how strange human beings are.  Apparently, it's better to be a light skinned black woman, but white women risk getting skin cancer and prematurely age themselves tanning trying to get darker skin.

What is Bonnie doing?

I love how straight forward Tegan is.  She says it like it is.

• Love 5

Annalise's "the more you know" speech to that incel fuck, Oliver's getting high (has he ever done that before) and having a sudden desire for a (really uncomfortable and not sexy) threesome, Michaela's being super-manic-Michaela-y to a psychotic degree, Nate's being completely fucking ridiculous and shady and horrible and annoying about Tegan...what the fuck was this episode?

Tegan remains the absolute shit, so at least there's that.

• Love 5

I'm glad Annalise had ice cream with that guy. He's hot and it was nice seeing her smile. Although I was with him when he was like, you try being my age and having a good job and having bad credit. Bad credit is not ideal.

I've heard horribly racist things about the way Asian men fare on dating apps (people saying stuff like "I don't eat Chinese"); OKCupid did a study that said that the people who received the fewest responses were Black women (which I can attest to) and Asian men. And while we all may want love, the fact is that some of us don't find it. My mom's in her 60s; one of her best friends has never been married. I remember listening to an advice podcast in which a man said he really wanted to be in a relationship and had basically devoted his life to finding one, and nothing had panned out. The advice columnist said he wished he could tell this person a magic thing to do that would enable him to find one, but that there's just no guarantee that we will meet people we love who love us back. 

Michaela gets on my nerves.

I would not feel any type of way if Frank died.

Tegan rules.

• Love 14

I hate that they went there with Ollie and Connor. Michaela is an idiot & was lucky that Vic knew who she was. Gabriel listening to the tapes is still creepy & I hope Annalise kicks his ass. Sam should have never slept or dated Annalise. He was her doctor & he knew that it wasn't o.k. I don't care how much she manipulated him. Tegan continues to be my favorite person on this show & Nate can fuck off with trying to take her down. Didn't give a shit about Frank being bloodied and half dead. He was stupid to do what he did. He's lucky he's alive. I wonder what's up with Asher's sister showing up. I'm thinking it's just drama of her own & not related to what's going on with the group or FBI. Hated the "case of the week" the guy was a POS and deserved all he got. The app creator was a POS as well. They kind of deserved each other. I knew Bonnie was going to snoop but I'm glad that she came to Tegans defense at the end of the episode. Also I wonder if the money transfer that Annalise did was a red herring to make us think she is definitely faking her murder or if it's something else going down. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Sam should have never slept or dated Annalise. He was her doctor & he knew that it wasn't o.k. I don't care how much she manipulated him.

Right!  He's the therapist.  He knows transference is a thing.  He knows the power dynamic is wrong.  He's also married.  This is NOT on Annalise, or at least not just on her.

• Love 23

That threesome scene was really weird. I guess it was supposed to be awkward for Oliver as his first time, but....man, there was a point during the sex scene where Oliver was making out with the other guy and I thought "Oliver, you're forgetting someone in this threesome....." It felt like Oliver was more into the other guy than Connor, but I don't know if it was intentional or not. Meanwhile, Connor didn't seem to even want the threesome. It seems like, just as he's outgrown his previous behaviour, Oliver decides that NOW is the time to explore it.

Urg...Asher....you're back to Douchey Asher, who I hate. I'm hoping that his sister showing up will FINALLY give Asher some actual layers beyond his comic relief role. They have tried to expand on Asher as a character a few times, but then they default right back to a character who I don't like.

Gabriel also needs to shut up. I don't like that he was listening to Annalise's tapes, and then goes to blame her for Sam's actions. Like....no, fuck off.

Frank is dead? Or almost dead? Meh. It would probably be a blessing if he actually bit it this early in the season.

So, Annalise has a guy interested in her. But, like Annalise, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Either he's evil or will end up dead or something. Even in this final season, I don't trust them.

Michaela meets her dad, who knows who she is. I hope Michaela can get some closure here, but I can't say I'm a fan of Solomon. 

• Love 4

Was Michaela's mother killed by her "father"? Because if so then it makes it impossible for Vic to be her dad. Why? Because he is defending her "father" for murdering her mother. You can't have a baby with a dead woman & the only way he would have met Michaela's mom is through the "father".  I also was thinking about Frank & I think Laurel was with her brother in that warehouse and told them not to kill him. I don't know if she walked in on what was happening or knew he was getting beaten and couldn't watch him be killed so she asked them to stop. She is definitely there because there was a crib there and that would be a weird thing to have at a warehouse. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Was Michaela's mother killed by her "father"? Because if so then it makes it impossible for Vic to be her dad. Why? Because he is defending her "father" for murdering her mother. You can't have a baby with a dead woman & the only way he would have met Michaela's mom is through the "father".

I'm not sure why Solomon couldn't have met the mom independent of defending the "father." 

Onto other topics:

Did the show gloss over that Oliver is HIV+ and that having threesomes without disclosing that might not be the best idea? Or are we to presume such a discussion took place in Offscreenville? (Admittedly, it could have happened and I just missed it. I am not paying as close attention to the show as I used to).

I wonder what sort of messed up relationship (or lack thereof) Asher has with his sister that she thought catfishing him was a good idea. Had we known prior to this that he had a sister?

I was worried that Michaela's father would jump to the conclusion that Michaela broke into his hotel room because she wanted to jump his bones, and that he was going to try to let her.

I join in those skeptical that all will turn out well for Robert. Too bad. As a Trekkie and an attorney, he is my peeps. But he is almost 100 percent either too good to be true (like the Jimmy Smits character from awhile back) or a future victim (like D.A. Miller).

The dating app case was basically nonsensical to me...I mean, I'm fairly sure that there are terms of service that would prevent someone from suing over alleged discrimination by the dating pool and that would explicitly state that there's no guarantee of ever making a match or of a match working out. And even assuming that someone could sue over that, the notion that a client would spontaneously offer $5 million to settle for any reason, or that the government would want a dating site's algorithm to the point that it would pay $50 million...not buying it.  And that the incel would not take $5 million, when that would put him in a great position for not just life but future dating. Whatevs.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Did the show gloss over that Oliver is HIV+ and that having threesomes without disclosing that might not be the best idea? Or are we to presume such a discussion took place in Offscreenville? (Admittedly, it could have happened and I just missed it. I am not paying as close attention to the show as I used to).

I wonder what sort of messed up relationship (or lack thereof) Asher has with his sister that she thought catfishing him was a good idea. 

I was wondering about this stuff, too. 

I was worried that Michaela's father would jump to the conclusion that Michaela broke into his hotel room because she wanted to jump his bones, and that he was going to try to let her.

That I hadn't considered, and thank God they didn't go that route. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

When Oliver and Connor were looking at potential matches for their thruple, Oliver said that the guy they picked was Pos-friendly (meaning he was fine with sleeping with someone who was HIV+). 

It was easy to miss because they didn't say the word HIV.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Annber03 said:

And speaking of things ending well, I'm wondering how that whole threesome thing's going to play out with Connor and Oliver.

1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Did the show gloss over that Oliver is HIV+ and that having threesomes without disclosing that might not be the best idea? 

At first I was wondering if the show was congratulating itself on being edgy by having a fairly graphic,  all-male threesome on network tv. But now I think it's something that's going to come back around; specifically, I think it's going to be the root cause of Connon's  maniacal laughter/breakdown in the interrogation room. 

• Love 4

I'll be honest; after the threesome scene, and thinking about how it might mean trouble with Oliver/Connor, I decided to rewatch the beginning flashforward scene to see if he was wearing his ring. Honestly, I can't tell. They framed the flashforwards in a way where you can't really see Connor's ring finger.

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Right!  He's the therapist.  He knows transference is a thing.  He knows the power dynamic is wrong.  He's also married.  This is NOT on Annalise, or at least not just on her.

I agree.  Gabe proves that sometimes youth is wasted on the young.  It doesn't matter if Annalise tried to seduce Sam.  Sam should have stopped it because HE was the professional.  Annalise was his client, a victim of sexual abuse.  Sam didn't stop because HE was a bad man.

11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

And while we all may want love, the fact is that some of us don't find it. My mom's in her 60s; one of her best friends has never been married. I remember listening to an advice podcast in which a man said he really wanted to be in a relationship and had basically devoted his life to finding one, and nothing had panned out. The advice columnist said he wished he could tell this person a magic thing to do that would enable him to find one, but that there's just no guarantee that we will meet people we love who love us back. 

The thing is, it's all a crapshoot, falling in love, getting married, etc . No dating app, no books, no matchmaker can assure that you'll find love, and that's the awful truth. 

BTW,I've never been married, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.  If a person devotes their life to finding "the one" and it never happens to me THAT'S sad.   Not that they never found anyone, but that they wasted their time looking, instead of just living their life.

• Love 11

I really liked talk Annalise gave to the man who was suing.  

Annalise told him that as a dark skinned black woman, look down on her, are dismissive of her.  Years ago, I used to frequent a website that talked a lot about race.  One time people were discussing colorism.  A black woman who said she was dark skinned said that one day she was standing in line, waiting for her cell phone to be serviced.  The man at the counter was black.  The woman in front of her, on line was Latina.  The man at the counter was very friendly to the Latina woman, smiling, laughing.  After she left, and it was the dark skinned woman's turn, she said the man's face and expression changed; as if he really didn't want to deal with HER.  Now multiply that by maybe twenty five times a day.

Annalise told him, the man suing that her anger at the people who discounted her, only poisoned HER, not the people she hated.  They were living their lives, while she was seething in the corner.  

Annalise said to him at the end that he had to learn to love himself, and hard as that may be, it's true.  No one is entitled to "the one."  Besides, most people don't want to be with a person who hates the world.

• Love 10
On 10/18/2019 at 12:57 AM, Annber03 said:

.I'm very much with Michaela on being wary of her dad's whole schtick and all-he came off very...mansplain-y-but I also agree that talking things out would be better, so hopefully their meeting will give her some actual answers. 

That said, Gabriel, if I were you, I wouldn't be getting on my high horse here. He needs to listen better, too, when it comes to what Annalise is saying on those tapes.

Tegan: "I regret what I did to get it." Hmmm. 

Agreed Micheala was to put it bluntly, spinning like someone having a manic episode. I understand she’s gotten a lot of info about her childhood that she wasn’t expecting or prepared to deal with, but she was scary and Solomon Vick does not appear to be trust worthy.

On 10/18/2019 at 1:32 AM, TigerLynx said:

I wonder why they didn't kill Frank?

Shut up Gabriel and Asher.

I'm not sure if the woman's dating app really was discriminating against people, but I did laugh when Annalise questioned the guy - paraphrasing here - about why dating should be easier for him and why he shouldn't have to face rejection like everyone else does.

Annalise's comments about being dark skinned reminded me again how strange human beings are.  Apparently, it's better to be a light skinned black woman, but white women risk getting skin cancer and prematurely age themselves tanning trying to get darker skin.

What is Bonnie doing?

I love how straight forward Tegan is.  She says it like it is.

I suspect (speculate) that it was to send a message. I think Laurel disappeared herself, but Xavier took Christopher. If so, since taking Christopher hasn’t made Laurel do his bidding, perhaps Xavier thought half killing Frank would.

Some of the dating apps question would skew the results, like the question Connor pointed out about having a job.

Dark skinned Black women do get discriminated against. Look at Hollywood, I can count on 1 hand the dark skinned women getting lead roles. Most of the jobs go to biracial women or those who can pass the paper bag test. 

Bonnie & Nate ( more Nate than Bonnie) are acting a fool because Annalise didn’t tell them the truth about Miller. Nate and his muscles need to shut up. Of course Tegan has a history with the Castillo’s. It’s common knowledge. She was their lead counsel for years. I’m mad no one though to ask him about the rest of Denver’s file. I knew they would come back to bite them in the butt. I bet stupid Nate knows the real deal about Micheala’s dad.

13 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

THIS ☝🏽- when Annalise said that it was Sam’s responsibly to either discuss transference with Annalise or refer her to another therapist. He held the power over a vulnerable woman. Instead his dumb self starts an affair with her.
 Gabriel and his stupid mother get on my nerves trying to paint Sam as anything but the jerk he was with all the evidence proving he was no good.  

9 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Was Michaela's mother killed by her "father"? Because if so then it makes it impossible for Vic to be her dad. Why? Because he is defending her "father" for murdering her mother. You can't have a baby with a dead woman & the only way he would have met Michaela's mom is through the "father".  I also was thinking about Frank & I think Laurel was with her brother in that warehouse and told them not to kill him. I don't know if she walked in on what was happening or knew he was getting beaten and couldn't watch him be killed so she asked them to stop. She is definitely there because there was a crib there and that would be a weird thing to have at a warehouse. 

Micheala’s father was already involved with her mother before she was shot. When she got pregnant she convinced D. Halpern that the child was his. The lawyer then defended him after he killed her mother.  

9 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I wonder what sort of messed up relationship (or lack thereof) Asher has with his sister that she thought catfishing him was a good idea. Had we known prior to this that he had a sister?

I join in those skeptical that all will turn out well for Robert. Too bad. As a Trekkie and an attorney, he is my peeps. But he is almost 100 percent either too good to be true (like the Jimmy Smits character from awhile back) or a future victim (like D.A. Miller).

The app stated the guy was on PrEP and pos friendly. 

We knew about Chole. She’s been mentioned at least twice. I wonder if she catfishes home because she was worried about Mama Millville finding out that she was in touch with Asher. Remember she blames Asher for his father’s death and cut him off.

The actor who plays Robert is on the sci fi series  The Expanse. Hence all the sci fi references. 

8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

When Oliver and Connor were looking at potential matches for their thruple, Oliver said that the guy they picked was Pos-friendly (meaning he was fine with sleeping with someone who was HIV+). 

It was easy to miss because they didn't say the word HIV.

They did say the guy was on PrEP

7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I agree.  Gabe proves that sometimes youth is wasted on the young.  It doesn't matter if Annalise tried to seduce Sam.  Sam should have stopped it because HE was the professional.  Annalise was his client, a victim of sexual abuse.  Sam didn't stop because HE was a bad man.

The thing is, it's all a crapshoot, falling in love, getting married, etc . No dating app, no books, no matchmaker can assure that you'll find love, and that's the awful truth. 

BTW,I've never been married, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.  If a person devotes their life to finding "the one" and it never happens to me THAT'S sad.   Not that they never found anyone, but that they wasted their time looking, instead of just living their life.

Gabe and his mama are idiots. 
Being single or unmarried isn’t a fate worse than death. Many people live long, happy lives unmarried. 

I am worried about Connor and Oliver. The last time Oliver made drastic changes, was short'y after his HIV diagnosis and he quit his job and decided that hanging with the K5 was exciting. I remember when he and Connor got together monogamy was a big deal. Last season Connor repeatedly expressed how he only wanted Oliver. He didn’t want him flirting with go go boys at the club, and he said he got jealous of other guys so much as looking at him as part of his wedding vows. He looked less than thrilled that Oliver went from casually browsing the dating app to actually wanting to have a threesome. Oliver has also gone from being horrified that they would even joke about killing Simon to casually talking about having Frank torture people and skipping work to make pot cookies.  

I think back to that discussion they had on their wedding night about protecting each other from their worse impulses. Something is up with Oliver. 

On a side note, I hated the lightning this episode. They need to talk to Ava DuVernay about how to light dark skinned people. Anytime they were in scenes with fairer skinned people Annalise, Micheala and Solomon looked blue and ashy. I was annoyed. 

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 6

Forgot to mention Gabriel was sounding like a right hypocrite talking to Micheala about how to approach Solomon. He came to town, hid his identity and stalked the K4 and AK. He stole her keys and followed her. As far as I’m concerned, he has nothing to say about how she deals with a long lost dad 

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Yeah, that math don't add up. Annalise said he slept with their client's wife. He was only their client because he was accused of killing his wife. I hope Frank dies next week but he won't. Nate shouldn't even be in Philly at this point,  but I guess he wants to die too. Oh, Well. I still don't understand how Vivian got Sam's session tapes. Didn't he leave her for another woman? Wouldn't he take his tapes with him too? That's private conversations between him and a patient. How did she get them? That threesome was weird and ridiculous.  Does this whole final season fall under deus ex machina? Or will it be revealed as all being a dream like that bad season of Dallas? 

Edited by Simba122504
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Forgot to mention Gabriel was sounding like a right hypocrite talking to Micheala about how to approach Solomon. He came to town, hid his identity and stalked the K4 and AK. He stole her keys and followed her. As far as I’m concerned, he has nothing to say about how she deals with a long lost dad 

I'm not his biggest fan, but yes, he does. If she got killed.  At least he did try to talk some sense into her ass before hand. It's like, he told you not to step into that hungry lion's cage. Like people doing 30 years for robbing a bank and they told you not to rob that bank like they did. 

Edited by Simba122504
Changed some words.
  • Love 1

I guess Gabriel takes after his dumbass of a mom, blaming Annalise for Sam leaving his mom, like Annalise is some diabolical mastermind/witch doctor who used some kind of magic potion to make Sam want to be with her. Sam was her therapist! He should know that transference, especially when dealing with something like sexual abuse, is a thing! If he was any kind of professional, he would have cut the session off right there, talked to her about transference, and stopped seeing her and referred her to a new therapist! Even if Annalise did make the first move, Sam went along with it when he should have known better, and acted unprofessionally and immorally, as a therapist and as a person. Where the hell does Gabriel get off barging into her house, waving her confidential sessions in her face, accusing her of things?! 

Micheala looked seriously freaked out when she heard Connor having some kind of attack in the next room. Is this all an act, or did something happen that just really messed them up? Again?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8

Did I miss something with Oliver? I know he's all cool with the murder shit now or whatever, but he seemed like an entirely different character this episode. He's been skipping work for weeks, makes pot cookies, and is jonesing for a threesome. What? Who is this? What's happening?

What point was Gabriel trying to prove with that tape? Annalise admitted to Sam that she had feelings for him. Okay so? As others have mentioned, it was Sam's responsibility as the therapist, the person with more power in the relationship, to not get involved. God he's so fucking dumb.

I, too, am waiting for the other shoe to drop with Robert, but the scene of he and Annalise eating ice cream together was enjoyable outside the doom-and-gloom context of the show. It was just nice to see Annalise having a good time with somebody who, as far as we know at this point, doesn't have an agenda and with whom she has no history. 

Tegan: "It's like he's never heard of #MeToo." Yeah, because in the HTGAWM universe, it's only early 2017 and #MeToo hasn't happened yet. I know I'm being pedantic but this shit bugs.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

Did I miss something with Oliver? I know he's all cool with the murder shit now or whatever, but he seemed like an entirely different character this episode. He's been skipping work for weeks, makes pot cookies, and is jonesing for a threesome. What? Who is this? What's happening?

No, but seriously, everything involving Oliver this entire episode I was like:

giphy.gif

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

I hate Gabe. Who the fuck does he think he is? Sam was a POS loser. I wish him and his mom would drive off a cliff together. I hope Annalise is faking her death at the end so she can finally be happy away from some of the dbags.

Also fuck you Nate. You just murdered someone for no reason get off your high horse.

• Love 5

Michaela's father didn't look old enough to me to have a child her age. He must have been very young when she was conceived.

So was Solomon Vick supposed to be like a Black Andrew Yang?

Robert is fine. And smart. And well put-together. I was thinking Annalise should've jumped right on that. Sure hope he's not an undercover agent.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Simba122504 said:

Yeah, that math don't add up. Annalise said he slept with their client's wife. He was only their client because he was accused of killing his wife. I hope Frank dies next week but he won't. Nate shouldn't even be in Philly at this point,  but I guess he wants to die too. Oh, Well. I still don't understand how Vivian got Sam's session tapes. Didn't he leave her for another woman? Wouldn't he take his tapes with him too? That's private conversations between him and a patient. How did she get them? That threesome was weird and ridiculous.  Does this whole final season fall under deus ex machina? Or will it be revealed as all being a dream like that bad season of Dallas? 

He (they) was his client before he killed Micheala’s mom. Likely for ongoing drug issues.

6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Micheala looked seriously freaked out when she heard Connor having some kind of attack in the next room. Is this all an act, or did something happen that just really messed them up? Again?

Micheal and Connor are bff’s . Plus they’ve been called in for questioning so often they usually know how to bluff their way out of things. For the FBI to have to call for an ambulance means something is seriously wrong. 

5 hours ago, helenamonster said:

What point was Gabriel trying to prove with that tape? Annalise admitted to Sam that she had feelings for him. Okay so? As others have mentioned, it was Sam's responsibility as the therapist, the person with more power in the relationship, to not get involved. God he's so fucking dumb.

I, too, am waiting for the other shoe to drop with Robert, but the scene of he and Annalise eating ice cream together was enjoyable outside the doom-and-gloom context of the show. It was just nice to see Annalise having a good time with somebody who, as far as we know at this point, doesn't have an agenda and with whom she has no history. 

Tegan: "It's like he's never heard of #MeToo." Yeah, because in the HTGAWM universe, it's only early 2017 and #MeToo hasn't happened yet. I know I'm being pedantic but this shit bugs.

Oliver has definite been acting out of character. It’s making me nervous because the last time he was like that he quit his job and started hanging out with the K5 because he had just gotten his HIV diagnosis and decided to “seize the day.” He says he’s done with being afraid but he keep mention the Castillo’s or the police catching them. I hope that fear is what’s prompting the character change and not a change in his health status.

Me Too was created 12 years ago by Tarana Burke.

50 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Michaela's father didn't look old enough to me to have a child her age. He must have been very young when she was conceived.

So was Solomon Vick supposed to be like a Black Andrew Yang?

Robert is fine. And smart. And well put-together. I was thinking Annalise should've jumped right on that. Sure hope he's not an undercover agent.

He looks the a man in his late 50’s the K5 are mid - late 20’s.

• Love 5

He looks the a man in his late 50’s the K5 are mid - late 20’s.

He didn't look to me like a man in his late 50s. And apparently the actor's age is a closely guarded secret because imdb, wikipedia, several pages worth of google search results, etc., are not giving it up. So he's probably like 80 or something. Black does not crack, indeed. 🙄

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

He didn't look to me like a man in his late 50s. And apparently the actor's age is a closely guarded secret because imdb, wikipedia, several pages worth of google search results, etc., are not giving it up. So he's probably like 80 or something. Black does not crack, indeed. 🙄

The actor looks like he could play a wide range of ages. So, if he's keeping his age a secret, I honestly don't blame him. I wouldn't automatically assume that he was in his late 50s, but when he was presented as Michaela's dad, it didn't seem odd to me at all,even knowing he was unlikely an extremely young dad since he was already practicing law when Michaela was conceived. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I remember the actor from a Breaking Bad which was nearly 10 years ago. He looks pretty much the same, but yeah, he’s a prime example of Black don’t crack.

• Love 2

I'm not going to comment on the merits of the case of the week, but the idea that "virtual" spaces can't be in violation of the ADA is so insulting, absurd, and ridiculous, that it shows that the show didn't take anything about the story seriously on any level and also that they have NO IDEA what disability rights law is about. Shameful.

Of course an online business can be inaccessible, discriminatory, and in violation of the public accommodations clause. The fact that they didn't know this, and acted like it was laughable, is so enraging that I honestly hope the people involved in letting that shit get to air find themselves sued into  bankruptcy for all the violations I'm sure they are committing off-script.

The ADA was passed almost 30 years ago. There's no excuse for this degree of ignorance and insult getting to air.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, possibilities said:

I'm not going to comment on the merits of the case of the week, but the idea that "virtual" spaces can't be in violation of the ADA is so insulting, absurd, and ridiculous, that it shows that the show didn't take anything about the story seriously on any level and also that they have NO IDEA what disability rights law is about. Shameful.

Of course an online business can be inaccessible, discriminatory, and in violation of the public accommodations clause. The fact that they didn't know this, and acted like it was laughable, is so enraging that I honestly hope the people involved in letting that shit get to air find themselves sued into  bankruptcy for all the violations I'm sure they are committing off-script.

The ADA was passed almost 30 years ago. There's no excuse for this degree of ignorance and insult getting to air.

I mean, the show doesn't really get the law right on murder and other more basic stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me.

But from my very limited, non-expert understanding of the ADA, I don't know if it does or could apply to a situation like the case of the week. I'd be interested if you are familiar with any similar real-world scenarios. 

I'm not commenting on the specifics of the case of the week. The specific complaint being made is complicated and I don't have a firm opinion on that. But the general statement that the ADA public accommodations clause wouldn't apply to "virtual" spaces or online businesses is absurd on its face. There are definitely accessibility standards for websites, and software, and businesses or agencies can definitely be sued for non-compliance.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I'm not commenting on the specifics of the case of the week. The specific complaint being made is complicated and I don't have a firm opinion on that. But the general statement that the ADA public accommodations clause wouldn't apply to "virtual" spaces or online businesses is absurd on its face. There are definitely accessibility standards for websites, and software, and businesses or agencies can definitely be sued for non-compliance.

This show notoriously plays fast and loose with legal and medical stuff. I try really hard no to scrutinize. As for the ADA, sadly folks still ignore it. I wish I could find the link but there was a article about a new museum(library?) opened with no wheelchair access. You have to wonder who got paid off to approve those building plans.

Just realized Oliver clearly has a thing for beards. Connor, Thomas and threesome guy all had beards. The lone exception was spatula guy from season 1 and I think he may have have a 5oclock shadow goatee. 

• Love 1
On 10/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, Milaxx said:

Gabriel and his stupid mother get on my nerves trying to paint Sam as anything but the jerk he was with all the evidence proving he was no good.  

I'm so sick of dollar tree wes and his mom, Gabe pussing out of helping Michaela was the final straw for me. Dude YOU CONVINCED HER TO GO ON THIS DUMB QUEST TO FIND HER BIO DAD. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO BOW OUT WHEN THE ROAD GETS TOUGH!! 

People are being too hard on Michaela and this is the most likable she's been since she cheated on Asher IMO

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

I'm so sick of dollar tree wes and his mom, Gabe pussing out of helping Michaela was the final straw for me. Dude YOU CONVINCED HER TO GO ON THIS DUMB QUEST TO FIND HER BIO DAD. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO BOW OUT WHEN THE ROAD GETS TOUGH!! 

People are being too hard on Michaela and this is the most likable she's been since she cheated on Asher IMO

And act all shocked after he stalked them, STOLE Annalise’s keys and now is listening to Annalise’s old therapy tapes. I’m sorry, but Michaela’s behavior is no worse than his. I’m not sure why he won’t believe everyone when they tell him Sam was trash,  despite all the evidence. Gabe worked my nerves this week.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

I’m sorry, but Michaela’s behavior is no worse than his. I’m not sure why he won’t believe everyone when they tell him Sam was trash,  despite all the evidence. Gabe worked my nerves this week.

No apologies needed here I've BEEN over Sam's annoying kid. I also don't know why HE WON'T LEAVE when Annalise has told him to gtfo on numerous occasions. Please writers just make him go tf home, him and Michaela aren't even a good couple or "cute" i'm just over this whole thing........

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I really hope Robert is a genuinely nice guy not working for the FBI, evil or dead because I really liked his scenes with Annalise.

The main case was interesting enough, good use for Asher too. What's up with him and his sister though?

Tegan - I'm guessing we'll be meeting the soon to be ex-wife soon. Loved her scenes with Annalise and I liked Bonnie also helping her out.

Nate is continuing to bore me and at least the Frank stuff didn't drag out. Gabriel can go now though.

The Connor/Oliver three way isn't the best plot but there are worse ones. Oliver did seem off this episode though.

Liked the scenes with Michaela and Solomon, 8/10

• Love 1

Loved seeing Cas Anvar (Alex from The Expanse) in this episode as Robert, the Flirt Inferno lawyer. And he has great chemistry with Viola Davis! You know, I like a romantic partner who makes Annalise smile! But Imma need Robert to watch his back. Because Annalise's men often end up framed for murder or dead.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 1

WOW as a physically disabled woman I was thrilled to see a physically disabled actor but that quickly went south when it was revealed that he was not only an incel, but an incel who blamed his misogyny and celibacy on his disability, so then the whole subplot became about illustrating him as an asshole in sheep's clothing instead of actually talking about the very real problem of ableism in dating. Shitty, shitty representation. I expected better from this show.

• Love 4
On 10/26/2019 at 9:48 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

Loved seeing Cas Anvar (Alex from The Expanse) in this episode as Robert, the Flirt Inferno lawyer. And he has great chemistry with Viola Davis! You know, I like a romantic partner who makes Annalise smile! But Imma need Robert to watch his back. Because Annalise's men often end up framed for murder or dead.

Cas Anvar and François Chau (who plays Jules-Pierre Mao).  I love this show, but I am very much looking forward to The Expanse in December!

• Love 1