Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

who knows if Carlin will do half the needed aftercare.

With her own health, regarding starting her meds again,  no one told her, they don’t understand what they were just told at a visit etc, so we’ll see.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Someone posted on Reddit that the boutique sold 5,000 dresses at one of their cash and carry's.  

I think the person got mixed up. That 5,000 dress figure was a number Carlin mentioned wayyyyyyyyyyy back when the show was on the air and the Boutique first started. In other words, it was still a novelty and they had the tv platform as a means of advertising. There's no way they're pulling in those kinds of numbers now. They were doing cash and carries every three weeks at one point, and the mountain of unsold inventory wasn't diminishing at all. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Taco salad…..

57FDD590-BA83-43B1-9226-D0C714C10D59.jpeg

39CD1A8D-63FC-407D-A3C9-D2FF49300A09.jpeg

And it still looks like something I would not eat.

Are they visiting Evan’s family again?  Carlin’s story has Evan’s parents dining out somewhere.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, they're in town for Layla's birthday. 

Duh! How could I forget a three year old’s birthday extravaganza? It will be interesting to see which cousins make it to Layla’s party.

• Like 1

Don't know if they'll have a party (party party). They took Layla out for a day of experiences while Evan's mom watched Zade. It was during this escapade that she got her ears pierced. 

Evan has already stored clothes in the new dresser in the guest room. Working a real job would certainly cramp his style. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 4

I would also like to point out that as much as everyone picks on Joy, Carlin’s BFF, for being “dumb,” almost all her videos include some kind of morning routine for the kids. And it feels like she didn’t just start this. And it includes breakfast. At home. Not to mention routine throughout the day with naps, so that maybe she’s not zonked out in the car seat by the time they get to the first insta reel, errr event. 

Edited by writerwoman
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think the person got mixed up. That 5,000 dress figure was a number Carlin mentioned wayyyyyyyyyyy back when the show was on the air and the Boutique first started. In other words, it was still a novelty and they had the tv platform as a means of advertising. There's no way they're pulling in those kinds of numbers now. They were doing cash and carries every three weeks at one point, and the mountain of unsold inventory wasn't diminishing at all. 

Exactly.  Reddit is full of Bates loving leg humpers.  They can do no wrong in their eyes.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Carlin's taco salad looks more like it has been sitting out on a table in the sun for 2 days. Gross. The birthday activities they assigned to Layla were not age appropriate IMO. This girl is already way too interested in make up and spa treatments. She will be caking on the foundation at 11 years old and perhaps "grow up" too quickly. These two parents just don't like to be at home, do they?

• Like 9
37 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Carlin's taco salad looks more like it has been sitting out on a table in the sun for 2 days. Gross. The birthday activities they assigned to Layla were not age appropriate IMO. This girl is already way too interested in make up and spa treatments. She will be caking on the foundation at 11 years old and perhaps "grow up" too quickly. These two parents just don't like to be at home, do they?

They sure don't. Maybe one day they will figure out that wherever they go they take themselves with them and wonder what's up with that. I don't hold out much hope 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
39 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Carlin refers to Layla as her best friend so of course they do all the things Carlin likes for Layla’s birthday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Taco salad…..

57FDD590-BA83-43B1-9226-D0C714C10D59.jpeg

39CD1A8D-63FC-407D-A3C9-D2FF49300A09.jpeg

That’s what we called a “walking taco” when my kids did summer swim team and I ran the concessions booth. Basically a taco in a cup. Nothing “salad” about it.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I took it to mean that tomatoes were an option but her "salad" didn't have any bc she didn't choose to add them.

I do think it's odd that "taco salad" is the one meal they make and feed Layla when they are trying to show off what good parents they are, and she ALWAYS has a good amount of CHIPS w/ a bit of meat and avocado and pre cut cheese slices. Like hello she's a child and this is a meal, you don't have to give her any chips. You know the grain could be rice, right??

I think Layla is def under-educated/under-stimulated yet even still she has figured out what mommy likes and what gets her attention and praise -- so it's all about being pretty, make up, princess girly things, nails, blah blah. Kids aren't dumb. She has no exposure to anything else anyway but she'd quickly figure out that mommy isn't interested in planes or trucks or buildings or sports or whatever and thus Layla would not "like" them bc mommy - her bestie - doesn't like them. I mean Carlin the other day was like OMG she LOVES going to the dr. Uh gee I wonder why, is it bc she hears dr. convo in your house ALL.THE.DAMN.TIME.

I'm not watching but this week's YT "LAYLA'S HEART CONDITION 3 YEARS LATER/LAYLA PLANS HER DREAM BIRTHDAY." Good life plan C/E - one family drs appt/health issue to the next hoping people care enough to keep watching. Apparently no one cared last week bc "UPDATE ON LAYLA'S BACK PAIN" made them a whopping $700 as it had just 142k views.

And I'm sorry but I can't be the only one - while I take care of medical things as a grown adult, I REALLY REALLY don't want to see or hear about anyone else's drs appts. I cringe at my own appts, hearing about my elderly parents but that's it. In no way am I wanting to hear about anyone else's health issues as "entertainment"?? Carlin/Evan - next week how about "EVAN HAS TO TURN HIS HEAD AND COUGH" or "CARLIN'S VAGINAL EXAM"??

I'm not a huge fan of Kelton/Josie but to see their kid vs. Layla - wow. And that kid isn't going to preschool or anything either but it's clear that adults - like her parents, Michaela the once/twice per week she keeps her, Kelton's dad who often visits and reads to the kids - clearly TALK TO HER and engage her at a kid level. They missed their connecting flight home from Dallas last night due to some mechanical issue and the 3 yr old is like "the plane drs will fix the plane." Lol. I don't see Layla having the creativity to come up with something like that.

And how pissed are C/E that after the whole week of skiing etc. Josie/Kelton, Trace/Lydia, and Warden get an extra day in a hotel in Dallas. Not that any rational person wants a flight canceled at midnight and scramble to get a hotel but to C/E - they can afford a hotel and it'll be another night away for them.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 11

Layla got cupcakes with pink frosting at Nene’s and Poppa’s house. The Stewart clan has the happy birthday harmonizing down. It’s good to see Layla be the center of attention without her parents trying to steal the limelight. I wonder if they are going to have a birthday party for Layla with the Bates crowd.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Nice to not have jobs or any responsibility at that “boutique” they both supposedly work at. They’re in Nashville on a Monday night - w Layla blowing out candles on - day before her bday/last day she’s 2 - cupcakes. Yep that kid doesn’t get enough cake and sugar so definitely night before bday cake is a must 🙄. Can’t imagine they head back tomorrow - the actual bday - so hey why not stay a week. 

And per Reddit all her bday presents were earrings, necklaces, nails, a facial (WTF?), and a zillion lipsticks. Uh no one thought maybe they could throw in something that could be good from a child development perspective for a feral kid - you know a book, game, puzzle, craft?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Applause 3

I’ll give a pass to the Nashville Stew Crew making cupcakes for Layla. It’s her birthday thus grandparents and aunts/uncles get to spoil the kid. It’s an unwritten rule. It was also Layla centric, something the spa day wasn’t. No C&E on either side of Layla hamming it up, no Carlin fake crying because her baby is growing SO fast (not really Carlin, just look at Willow and Khloe).

The spa day was about Carlin. It was about the things Carlin wishes she had growing up but her parents could barely afford to properly feed her, let alone make a special day.

Layla has had more manicures in her three years than most adults have had. The picking from two stickies for the next activity was a classic C&E idiot move. Carlin gushing “we are such COOL parents” made me want to smack her.

Poor Layla had to tell Leisure Boy it was time to get out of the car. He said yes, then turned around and kept talking to the camera. What is their obsession with taking video in the car? 

Like @cereality said, Layla is not dumb, she performs to get engagement from her parents. She plays up the pink, makeup, girly shtick. All that effort and it gets her minimal attention from her single digit IQ parents. 

Maybe Layla didn’t get gifts because the family went all out for Christmas. Although from what we have seen I seriously doubt Layla will go home empty handed. C&E could be waiting to post gifts later to get more clicks. Such is life when your income is derived from selling every little aspect of your child’s life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
23 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Why did she write “I am unwell” ?

Because, in that outfit, Layla is one of those sad beige children we're always hearing about?

What a lousy bunch of birthday gifts!  At age 3, she needs stuff she can actually play with, not facials and lipsticks.  There are plenty of jewelry making kits for kids or large wooden beads to string into necklaces, why couldn't someone give her that?  Or, find some kids' puzzles with Disney princesses or some coloring books if they insist on forcing her into a hyperfeminine box.

3 minutes ago, SMama said:
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

he spa day was about Carlin. It was about the things Carlin wishes she had growing up but her parents could barely afford to properly feed her, let alone make a special day

I'll bet even Carlin didn't want a spa day at age 3.  Or, at least, there were a lot of other things she would've liked more.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

In the store, Layla called out for mommy, no response so she then called out, “Carlin!!!”. She answered. I didn’t watch the YouTube video, I’m sure it’s riveting.

Edited by ginger90
  • Sad 10
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In the store, Layla called out for mommy, no response so she then called out, “Carlin!!!”. She answered. I didn’t watch the YouTube video, I’m sure it’s riveting.

The stuff in Carlin's stories wasn't included in the vlog, aside from the ear piercing. Thank goodness. It was irritating enough.

• Sad 3

I get it - for a normal kid who is eating 3 meals/day w fruit, vegetables, meat - what's 2 straight days of cake around their birthday. For this kid OTOH Jesus it's the last thing she needs given her steady diet of cake pops and Doritos but I guess grandparents are there to spoil and it isn't their problem that her parents don't feed her regular food.

Watch now that we've all said it, as soon as they get home - whenever that is - it'll be like OMG Lay-LUH we have bday presents for you at the house and we'll magically see the appearance of a toy or two. But yeah given how behind this kid is compared to any other 3 yr old, good God get her some toys that she has to do something with - not just makeup products. But you know what it is - at that age for a kid that has no exposure to toys via school or playdates, if you get her a puzzle or game or craft, you have to do it with her bc she won't just know what to do. And then sometimes they want to play that new game with you daily - that's just what parents do. As the damn Christmas gingerbread house showed us, they simply aren't interested in that level of real day to day engagement when they can check out on their phones and just film their kids for YT.

And that post it note to pick the next activity thing is apparently making the rounds on IG/TikTok bc Trav/Katie did it too. But theirs wasn't them tricking a freaking toddler into picking what they wanted it bc it was being done with 2 adults. I mean way to make an ass of your kid by writing what you wanted her to choose on the pink post its bc she loves pink or on the yellow paper writing - pick the activity on pink.

Seeing how clueless that kid looked made me thing OMG who is going to teach her how to read?? Like they aren't even potty training her, do we really think she'll be starting to read by 4-5 as most kids do these days?

• Like 2
  • Sad 11
3 hours ago, cereality said:

Nice to not have jobs or any responsibility at that “boutique” they both supposedly work at. They’re in Nashville on a Monday night - w Layla blowing out candles on - day before her bday/last day she’s 2 - cupcakes. Yep that kid doesn’t get enough cake and sugar so definitely night before bday cake is a must 🙄. Can’t imagine they head back tomorrow - the actual bday - so hey why not stay a week. 

And per Reddit all her bday presents were earrings, necklaces, nails, a facial (WTF?), and a zillion lipsticks. Uh no one thought maybe they could throw in something that could be good from a child development perspective for a feral kid - you know a book, game, puzzle, craft?!

Lipsticks for a 3 year old???

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

There is a big difference between painting your 3 year old’s nails at home and giving them a SPA DAY.  And makeup on a 3 year old?  Just no. 
Seriously, why didn’t they get the child a Disney Princess doll dressed in sparkly pink? She would have been thrilled.  The hair, makeup and nails barely lasted a day.  I hope she gets a present she can play with tomorrow.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

The video of Layla's birthday with her parents gave me creepy Jon-Benet Ramsey vibes. 

Not only lipstick but mascara too. Curious what the woman applying it thought.

I wonder if the parents realize the child isn't the prettiest little girl around (not saying she won't be pretty in the future) and are over-compensating.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
20 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

The video of Layla's birthday with her parents gave me creepy Jon-Benet Ramsey vibes. 

Not only lipstick but mascara too. Curious what the woman applying it thought.

I wonder if the parents realize the child isn't the prettiest little girl around (not saying she won't be pretty in the future) and are over-compensating.

I think that’s giving them too much credit for critical thinking 

• Like 6

I wish the grandparents would at least have given Layla gifts that 3 year olds are most interested in - toys, books, even clothes that aren't rompers! I have 3 year old granddaughters and they have exhibited no interest in make up and spa days. For Pete's sake, C&E are ridiculous!

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I wish the grandparents would at least have given Layla gifts that 3 year olds are most interested in - toys, books, even clothes that aren't rompers! I have 3 year old granddaughters and they have exhibited no interest in make up and spa days. For Pete's sake, C&E are ridiculous!

Did they show what the grandparents gave Layla? 

I agree that a spa day was ridiculous. But you are thinking about doing something age appropriate and FOR the child. That spa day was for Carlin. 

There are so many things they could have done for Layla. Since C&E are into “experiences,” they could have arranged for a one hour one on one dance class. Layla is frequently seen twirling around like a ballerina. Evan’s nieces take dance lessons. I’m sure they could have arranged that for Layla.

Something else Layla would have enjoyed, a behind the scenes zoo tour. Getting to see baby animals, help with feeding them. Learning something about the world around her.

I could go on but I’m sure everyone here could come up with even better ideas. But again, this was all about Carlin, and Evan’s latent desires. 

• Like 10

At that age my kids loved going to various children's museums - for those who are unfamiliar with them, they are basically a life size playhouse/indoor playground with different zones, like science, TV weathercaster, water play, play grocery store, climbing structures, etc.

Kids have such a short time to be kids, Layla has plenty of time ahead of her to do the girly-girl stuff, but she'll only be a pre-schooler for a couple of years.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

At that age my kids loved going to various children's museums - for those who are unfamiliar with them, they are basically a life size playhouse/indoor playground with different zones, like science, TV weathercaster, water play, play grocery store, climbing structures, etc.

Kids have such a short time to be kids, Layla has plenty of time ahead of her to do the girly-girl stuff, but she'll only be a pre-schooler for a couple of years.

I’m going to show my immaturity here after criticizing C&E. I love Children’s museums. We have visited so many over the years, even in different states. Watching kids unleash their imagination is such a treat. Heck, maybe Layla would have become interested in cooking if she visited one. 😂

• Like 10

O M G

What the hell?  Waste of money, another photographer session, and I’m sure that’s not what a 3 year old wants.  Just give the child some pink toys. 

Seriously, they are going to turn Layla into a very vain little girl if they keep this up. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 10
  • Sad 3

Isn't Evan always lugging a fancy camera around? He couldn't snap a few pictures? They had to hire a professional photographer? What a ridiculous waste of money. 

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Seriously, they are going to turn Layla into a very vain little girl if they keep this up. 

She's already there. Constantly preening in the mirror and making duck lips. I don't judge her for it, because she's just emulating what's being pushed on her, but I've never seen a child that young so obsessed with superficiality. I'm surprised Carlin isn't enrolling her in kiddie pageants. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 11
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Isn't Evan always lugging a fancy camera around? He couldn't snap a few pictures? They had to hire a professional photographer? What a ridiculous waste of money. 

She's already there. Constantly preening in the mirror and making duck lips. I don't judge her for it, because she's just emulating what's being pushed on her, but I've never seen a child that young so obsessed with superficiality. I'm surprised Carlin isn't enrolling her in kiddie pageants. 

0BF6F667-1DA7-41A4-A329-A94820D395B4.jpeg

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Probably because they can't afford it, and they can't grift the entrance fees. Or it just hasn't occurred to them yet -- dog knows lack of financial sense never stopped Carlin and Evan of home-buying-and-giant-floor-mirror fame. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

The "star" here in those photos seems to be Carlin not Layla. What a waste of money on those dresses. Carlin, for certain, didn't need one of those dresses. Sadly, I'm quite certain that these two will attempt to home school her. 

• Sad 11