Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Does anyone think a touch of reality will creep in and Z/W will stop the baby train and Zach will return to full time work?

I was just about to ask that. Would Zach qualify for benefits by doing a minimum of x-number of shifts per month? Because if not, it seems crazy to be paying out of pocket for health insurance when you could get it covered if you went back full time. 

It's interesting because I think we're starting to see the financial divide now that UP! isn't covering the tab. The trips are becoming out of reach for those who have a lot of kids (Alyssa, Erin, Tori, Whit) and those who would normally go but live beyond their means (Carlin, Evan). The marrieds who went either have small families and/or modest living expenses (Nathan, Josie, Lawson, Trace). If I were Evan, I'd seriously think about getting my ass back to work. Carlin isn't the only person in the world suffering from seizures. Surely other families and singles have to find a way to manage day-to-day life. If she can't be alone, then she needs to be dropped off at Kelly's. Their current routine isn't sustainable, especially if the Boutique fizzles out and their YouTube views drop. 

• Like 8
35 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Does anyone think a touch of reality will creep in and Z/W will stop the baby train and Zach will return to full time work?

Zach has done so many things different than his parents. I recall Kelly retelling about Zach letting her know he would let his kids watch Winnie the Pooh cartoons because he thought his parents were too strict in not letting the kids watch any TV. IIRC Bradley’s nursery had a WTP theme.

Some observant posters here noticed mainstream movie DVDs, some rated R at their home.

Zach’s biggest FU to his upbringing was graduating from the Sheriffs academy and working full time.

I was very surprised when he gave up a good job where seniority is rewarded, had good benefits, and he seemed to enjoy.

The only thing I can think that instigated that poor decision was a combination of Whitney wanting him home to help with the kids, with a heaping serving of K&G laying the guilt trip about Zach not spending enough time with the kids, not “investing” in them. 

Zach needs to remember fighting with his siblings over the scraps his parents brought home from their steak dinners. He needs to think about how much more expensive the kids will be as they grow. Heck, he needs to think about how much he loves to cook on his $5000 stove. C&E were gushing about a steak dinner Zach made for them. Guess what, steak isn’t cheap. 

Zach must want his kids to have better than he did. He needs to worry about their future. He loaned money to Erin so she could finish her degree at Clown University. What if all four of his kids want to go to Clown?

More than anything Zach needs Whitney to remember how her dad worked for a living. She needs to realize that most families need two working parents and still struggle.  So Zach going back to LE is actually normal. They both need to want more for their kids, that’s usually the impetus for life changes. Except Zach and Evan decided to to step away from providing for their families. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Whitney and Carlin are better wives than I’ll ever be. I love SBaba, after 28 years I should at least like him.😃 But I can’t do the being together 24/7. It’s not healthy. That was the roughest part of the pandemic. We both survived so we may be OK.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Full-time work, maybe. 

Stopping the baby train -- in their cult? I doubt it. If they don't have more, it'll be an accident. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Whitney said not long ago that she wants more kids. 

Of course she does, it’s not like you need a job to pop out 19 kids and raise them in abject poverty. Zach should know better, he remembers the lean days.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, Dehumidifier said:

I still think being out of shape had something to do with Zach leaving the police force. Yes, I know he has a chunky body type but he still looks out of shape.

Zach was in better shape when he left the force than when he joined. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
Just now, SMama said:

Zach was in better shape when he left the force than when he joined. 

If so, that's a strange police force. How does he compare to the other officers? Maybe they had to cut the budget and the slimmer ones were kept on. 

9 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

If so, that's a strange police force. How does he compare to the other officers? Maybe they had to cut the budget and the slimmer ones were kept on. 

I don’t think that’s how it works. When there are layoffs it’s about seniority.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

I don’t think that’s how it works. When there are layoffs it’s about seniority.

Do you mean on police forces or everywhere? I worked in places where layoffs were used to get rid of dead weight (not a pun.) Oh, high salaries also.

23 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Do you mean on police forces or everywhere? I worked in places where layoffs were used to get rid of dead weight (not a pun.) Oh, high salaries also.

I was referring to the police force. Zach worked for ten years, he wasn’t at the bottom of the totem pole. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

I was referring to the police force. Zach worked for ten years, he wasn’t at the bottom of the totem pole. 

This article by the Department of Justice recommends unpaid leaves rather than layoffs as a means of reducing police budgets. Maybe he took an unpaid leave voluntarily to work on his house and it grew and grew.

https://www.ojp.gov/library/publications/layoffs

He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would want to hang out with a bunch of women all day. Pretty boy Evan, playing around on the computer, yes.

• LOL 4

IMO, being on a police force makes it harder to maintain fitness. The majority of cops are behind a desk or behind the wheel of a car. Of course being in a high crime area is an incentive to be as fit as possible, but I don't think that applies to Zach.

• Like 2

Carlin just posted a TikTok video to her stories.  Looks like they are getting Layla’s ears pierced for her birthday.

Not sure how I feel about that.  3 seems a bit young. If they do do this I hope they go to a place that is used to little ones and that they have two people so they can do both ears simultaneously.

My daughter was 5 or 6 when she had her ears done.  She asked to do it, no coaching. My Italian mother-in-law wanted me to do it when she was a baby but I refused.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin just posted a TikTok video to her stories.  Looks like they are getting Layla’s ears pierced for her birthday.

Not sure how I feel about that.  3 seems a bit young. If they do do this I hope they go to a place that is used to little ones and that they have two people so they can do both ears simultaneously.

My daughter was 5 or 6 when she had her ears done.  She asked to do it, no coaching. My Italian mother-in-law wanted me to do it when she was a baby but I refused.

I join you hoping the piercings are done simultaneously, and the staff is experienced with little ones. My FIL asked us to pierce SGirl’s ears before we even had a referral. He wanted to buy her and her cousin matching diamond studs. We thanked him and told him ear piercing was the last thing on our minds. By the time SGirl came home we had decided to wait until she asked. Grandpa never forgave us for that slight. 

My bio mother (an RN at the time) had my ears pierced when I was three weeks old only to upset Mami (her mother), a devout 7 Day Adventist. I do not like jewelry, can’t stand earrings. For the longest time I would not evenwear my wedding ring.

We don’t think is fair to saddle a kid like that. Turns out SGirl is not interested in piercings so far. She knows we will gladly pay for it if she wants.

Layla will most likely love earrings because Carlin wears them, and she’s been throughly programmed regarding what she must have or do to be feminine. Ugh

Layla is so cute clarifying she wants two earrings because what kind of freak wears one earring. Maybe the same crowd with green hair Erin was so afraid to encounter at a state university. Still glad Layla will be getting more color for her birthday. 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I predict this will turn out to be the FIRST time Layla gets her ears pierced. No way her lazy, immature parents will regularly clean them and inevitably an infection will follow and she will fight them if they try to clean them. They'll probably close up and it will need to be done again...hopefully when she is ready. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen it happen before. 

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I predict this will turn out to be the FIRST time Layla gets her ears pierced. No way her lazy, immature parents will regularly clean them and inevitably an infection will follow and she will fight them if they try to clean them. They'll probably close up and it will need to be done again...hopefully when she is ready. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen it happen before. 

I wish mine had closed. I’ve worn earrings about five times in my life, never longer than a day or two and those suckers are good and open. Completely wasted on me. My cousins and friends have had their redone a few times. 

I would've bought Layla some stick-on earrings and held off on the piercing until she gets older. Her ears are going to be sore and it's hard to impart to a toddler why they need to experience a little discomfort so Mom can keep them clean. 

• Like 6

Hopefully the child doesn't have a nickel allergy. My teenage mother got mine pierced as an infant, then had to take them out. And then forgot to tell me I had a reaction and let me do it again as a teenager. Not pretty at all.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 5

I begged to get my ears pierced. My dad finally caved for my 10th birthday with the stipulation that I cared for them myself. 

Despite my best efforts, I developed an infection in my left ear, allowed it to close, and had it redone about six months later. It's been fine ever since. 

I would never have a baby or toddler's ears done. Too much to go wrong. 

• Like 9

Carlin is making a taco salad for dinner and said her family is coming over. Most of the Bateses are in Colorado, and Carlin does not seem to socialize with Tori. Does that mean Carlin’s family now consists of Z&W + their kids?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

I mean it's tit for tat with these people. Josie said in an IG today how great of a vacation it's been and staying in the same cabin and staying up late having family time has been the best. So yeah she narrowed down her family to Trace/Lydia [and her brothers/parents but I'm pretty sure this was about bestie Lydia not Law/Warden or Gil lol]. So you know Carlin was like FINE MY FAMILY is Z&W and you aren't the only ones who can "party" by eating crappy snacks and playing card games, we're gonna do that too . . . .

For people relying on the dwindling earnings from YT and BSB, economizing certainly isn't for them. Just showed her cart at CVS where they headed to pick up Carlin's meds before heading to the grocery store for dinner ingredients, but hey while we're here, we also need diapers, wipes, vitamins, kids meds just to stock up, and energy drinks for Evan. Sure it's like 4-5 PM and they said they were out of wipes and still need to do something for dinner so it's easier to just get them where you are, but uh you two are jobless and go store to store all the time. Would it not make sense to make a list and go to say Walmart which doesn't charge a huge mark-up on all goods like CVS?? And for things that may not be on the shelves like vitamins or kids meds bc they sell out, again you're home doing nothing all day - you can't make a list and do an online order from Walmart or Target??

You know Layla is only getting her ears pierced bc they are DESPERATE for YT content. Piercing a 3 yr old's ears is an exercise in stupidity esp with irresponsible parents. Nothing against pierced ears but I feel like you need to do it while the kid is practically a baby [which is a cultural thing for many] and relies on parents to clean them and frankly is young enough that they won't notice or care about earrings enough to mess with them OR you need to wait until the kid is ages 6+ and can listen to instructions and follow them re cleaning but also re not touching them/pulling at them while they heal. A feral 3 yr old is the worst candidate for this - she has to rely on irresponsible mom/dad to clean them and they'll forget about this in a day PLUS she doesn't have the self control yet not to mess with ears all the time while they heal.

I mean get the kid some pink clip ons for her bday and be done with it. You know she isn't asking for pierced ears at this age?? And BTW have they considered that a 3 yr old with no sense of discipline is gonna treat earrings like a toy, leaving them wherever and they have an under 1 yr old who puts things in this mouth?? That alone would be a reason not to do this now bc Layla wanders around unsupervised and Z is bound to find an earring on the ground and think it's food.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

It’s really sad that some of the Bates women are in constant competition. This is what happens when you have more kids than resources. They are starved for attention, food, junk food, affection, and individuality. 

Josie had a story where she and Lydia were doing their hair and makeup before the first day skiing. Josie is very quiet and for the most flies under the radar. She was gushing about Lydia and how cool it was to wear their hair identical. 

At a point all the gushing took a mean girl quality. I hesitated to post when I noticed it. Life experience and professional training have made me a skeptical person. I work very hard on giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Too bad they don’t work together, helping each other, and lifting each other. So much for the siblings are each other’s best friends. 

• Like 11

So absolutely clueless. Diapers and wipes at CVS?  Seriously, why don’t they just toss their money out of the window?  
And I don’t know their insurance situation, but I wonder if they are aware of the drug discount programs available.  I have pretty good insurance but one of my prescriptions was $47 when they billed through insurance, and $12 through Kroger’s Rx Program.

If money is tight why aren’t they comparison shopping and looking for deals?  I just don’t get it.

• Like 11
32 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

If money is tight why aren’t they comparison shopping and looking for deals?  I just don’t get it.

Kelly- mother of the century did not teach them anything about running their lives. Other than Jesus. Their parents should be very ashamed unleashing all of these unprepared and ok, stupid, adults into the wild.

• Like 15
  • Love 1

I don't think Carlin and Evan need any of this stuff. I think they're bored and immature, which translates into compulsive spending. Carlin just went to Ulta, and while she had drugstore brand products mixed in with higher end stuff, I guarantee she spent at least $150, easy. Just going by their reels, they spend 95% of their time restless in the car, itching to find something to do. Even in terms of jobless Fundies, they're particularly aimless. 

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think Carlin and Evan need any of this stuff. I think they're bored and immature, which translates into compulsive spending. Carlin just went to Ulta, and while she had drugstore brand products mixed in with higher end stuff, I guarantee she spent at least $150, easy. Just going by their reels, they spend 95% of their time restless in the car, itching to find something to do. Even in terms of jobless Fundies, they're particularly aimless. 

How can anyone be bored while parenting a 3 year old and a 10 month old? I remember that time as delightfully busy. We did mommy and me gymnastics, music, swimming, and art. We walked every morning (SBaby obviously in her stroller), ending our walk under the bridge to watch the ducks and geese. Sometimes we went inside the museum or butterfly enclosure. Nevermind the minutia required to keep a home.  And I had only one child at the time. 

What is wrong with C&E that they have time to get bored? They have BSB and two awesome little sponges waiting to absorb the world around them. Those poor kids don’t even have one one responsible parent.

• Like 10

I think it's perfectly normal at their ages to be restless bc as I recall my early/mid 20s, you have a TON of energy. Yet normal people that aren't fundie take advantage of that energetic time in life to - go to college or med/law/business school and working like 80 hrs/wk upon graduation or pick up a trade and work as many hours/overtime as they can. These two idiots seem to think a good use of energy is going store to store to store out of boredom. And yeah mother of the century certainly did not teach her daughters anything about housewife-ing - none of them went into marriage knowing how to cook; clean; and apparently even basic budgeting - like don't walk the aisles of CVS shopping - wasn't a thing either.

I do think so much of how these girls are is bc of G&K having far too many kids + far too little time/attention/money. I'm convinced Carlin stuffs Layla full of Cheetos, Doritos, and cake pops bc she NEVER got those kinds of things, so to her she's being a fantastic mom by getting her kid treats the size of her head any time she wants a snack. Rather than being a responsible parent who is like no - you can't have chips/sugar for a snack all the time, your snack is either an apple or cheese stick which do you want? Not that Evan was that deprived, but he's basically a teen dad so in his mind if a bag of Doritos makes Layla shut up so he can get back to his phone, perfect.

Even if they are bored bc they aren't doing anything productive like working, uh yeah they could raise those kids they had to have ASAP. But reality is I don't think either of them enjoys their annoying kids beyond carrying them like a Gucci bag and complimenting how cute they are - which by extension compliments themselves on making cute kids. I mean how many times have we seen Layla try to get their attention and they are both glued to their phones barely looking up; or working on their own gingerbread houses at Christmas leaving a 3 yr old to deal with her own house by herself which she obv couldn't and she ended up breaking it and getting upset?? Honestly when cameras aren't rolling, I have a feeling Layla is plopped in front of the TV and handed a bag of chips or cookies to shut her up and she's just zoned out. It also explains why she was fairly late to talk and even now isn't a kid who says much/asks questions/has insights/makes up games or stories like many kids - including her 6 mos older cousin [Josie's kid] - at her age.

EDITED TO ADD: @writerwoman had to go back and look. It’s a CVS cart - says CVS upfront + it’s a wire cart as opposed to the Target red plastic cart. 

Edited by cereality
  • Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1

I’m gonna hope they were at least at target, since CVS is the pharmacy inside target and that looked like a target cart. 
Also, funny story… I got my ear cartilage pierced in college. It got infected and my dad had to help me get them out. I literally “assumed the position” hanging on to my dresser while he used pliers. He said “don’t ever do that again.” 😂😂

I’ll stick with tattoos. 

• Mind Blown 3
8 hours ago, BetyBee said:

That’s exactly what happened to me. I first had mine pierced at 10 and kept getting infections and let them close up. I had them done again at 24, but it turned out that I’m not really an earring person, lol. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

So absolutely clueless. Diapers and wipes at CVS?  Seriously, why don’t they just toss their money out of the window?  
And I don’t know their insurance situation, but I wonder if they are aware of the drug discount programs available.  I have pretty good insurance but one of my prescriptions was $47 when they billed through insurance, and $12 through Kroger’s Rx Program.

And their kids are sick constantly. Stop dragging them around in public and just place online orders for this stuff.

• Like 7
On 1/26/2023 at 3:00 PM, floridamom said:

The boutique must not be doing as well as in the past. Which brings me to my first statement.

Someone posted on Reddit that the boutique sold 5,000 dresses at one of their cash and carry's.  How they got (made up) this information wasn't included, of course.  I call bullshit.  There so stocked up with ugly clothes in that boutique, no way they sold that much.

I'm sure Carlin will use the finest of earrings that the boutique sells for Layla  🙄

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I think C&E's biggest problem has less to do with how they were raised or their ages and everything to do with living their lives as influencers. Making something out of nothing everyday must be exhausting and having strangers oh an aw over their fairly typical lives must give them big time imposter syndrome.

In most homes with babies and toddlers life is a mix of frustrations, joys, love, humor and boredom. The thing with C&E is, they don't just let life happen and film it, they manufacture this fake life to film. I truly don't think they'd recognize reality if it hit them in the face.

• Like 14

I grew up in a big family (not Duggar/Bates big, but bigger than most) and I have often felt that being in a big family is like being in high school. By that I mean there are cool kids, besties that change through the years and quiet kids who keep more to themselves. I think the Bates are like that. They would probably defend any family member out in the world, but within the family, some are closer than others or closer to different people at times. They probably love everyone, but hang out with the ones they enjoy most. Younger Carlin was a loudmouth, demanding attention. She's sad to be missing out on the ski trip, so she's comforting herself through purchases and trying to create her own "fun" with whatever other family members were left behind. I really think C&E could use counseling, but I'm sure that won't happen. Instead they are making stupid financial decisions and probably blaming each other for their troubles. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, AstridM said:

And their kids are sick constantly. Stop dragging them around in public and just place online orders for this stuff.

Not only are their kids getting sick, but they're then spreading their germs to other people as they drag them around.  When my daughter had two young children, she ordered everything it was feasible to order.  She found it easier to compare prices on the computer and get the best deals plus no in and out of car seats and disrupted schedules.  She'd wait until I was there and do a very large Costco run.  Carlin acts like an early teen and I'm not sure she's ready for the full responsibility of a dog much less two children.  Reality should be coming for them soon and Evan will need to go back to work full time.  Their clothing business can't continue as it is competing with normally run stores and they don't have enough of either content or competence to engage their online audience on a long term basis.

• Like 13

Carlin posted a reel of her taco salad. It didn’t look line any taco salad I have made or eaten out. It was a shot of her hand holding the bowl. No pictures of the Stew Crew or Zach and family. Nothing on Whitney’s IG either. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 5

The salad in Carlin's instagram story doesn't look like our taco salads either.  Her salad is very brown all over.  We put a lot more vegetables in ours so they're more colorful and use black beans not pinto beans along with bell peppers, grape tomatoes, obvious fresh avocado, etc.  She did have lettuce, beans, and taco chips, and some other things so a minimal taco salad.  I don't think I'd enjoy hers.  

• Like 8
50 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The salad in Carlin's instagram story doesn't look like our taco salads either.  Her salad is very brown all over.  We put a lot more vegetables in ours so they're more colorful and use black beans not pinto beans along with bell peppers, grape tomatoes, obvious fresh avocado, etc.  She did have lettuce, beans, and taco chips, and some other things so a minimal taco salad.  I don't think I'd enjoy hers.  

How can anyone get a taco salad wrong? Carlin and Evan need to learn to cook simple meals. Have they ever made eggs at home? Even Katie is learning her way around the kitchen and Travis easily lists his favorite dishes. I doubt Travis was fed junk food and fast food at home. I also doubt Evan grew up on take out so Leisure Boy is a mystery to me. 

• Like 7

Leisure Boy is great name for Evan. I think he was spoiled by his parents and 4 older sisters until he left home when he married Carlin. So I doubt he’s ever cooked a thing for himself. They have shown themselves eating at First Watch, which is not cheap for breakfast. Maybe Carlin is too tired in the evening so they don’t eat out then. IDK, seems like a waste to go out to eat breakfast food as much as they do. Eggs are not complicated.

• Like 4

Leisure Boy certainly has time to learn to cook. Since neither one works it shouldn't be all on Carlin. Josie often films Kelton cooking, so if the Stewarts are looking for content - there you go - get in the kitchen and make a meal.

Its almost like neither one of them is comfortable just hanging out at home being a family.

• Like 11
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Leisure Boy certainly has time to learn to cook. Since neither one works it shouldn't be all on Carlin. Josie often films Kelton cooking, so if the Stewarts are looking for content - there you go - get in the kitchen and make a meal.

Its almost like neither one of them is comfortable just hanging out at home being a family.

I think if Carlin and Evan weren't fundie, they'd still be single, and with their extroverted personalities, out every weekend in the clubs. Party party party! They would be nowhere close to settling down. 

These are the last two people who should be married, let alone trying to raise children. Yikes.

• Like 15
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Leisure Boy is great name for Evan. I think he was spoiled by his parents and 4 older sisters until he left home when he married Carlin. So I doubt he’s ever cooked a thing for himself. They have shown themselves eating at First Watch, which is not cheap for breakfast. Maybe Carlin is too tired in the evening so they don’t eat out then. IDK, seems like a waste to go out to eat breakfast food as much as they do. Eggs are not complicated.

Even if eggs are too complicated for Carlin or Evan to prepare, there all all sorts of frozen Egg McMuffin type stuff in the grocery store they could buy and heat up,  Still more money than they need to spend, but less than a restaurant.

Oatmeal packets are simple to make.  Cold cereal and toast are no-brainers (ie made for Carlin's skill level).  Bagels, muffins, frozen waffles can all be purchased to be heated up at home for a fraction of the price of a restaurant meal.  They can even go to the grocery store and buy fruit that has already been cut up to put on top of their cereal or oatmeal or yogurt.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
Just now, writerwoman said:

New vlog is out. They went to Claire’s. They did them both at once but I’d bet money I don’t have that they didn’t prepare her for the fact it would HURT. She cried. Of course that was on film too 🙄

I'm sure they're hoping the tears will get them more views.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

::smh::  My daughter and I took granddaughter, age 8, to get her ears pierced right after Thanksgiving.  We went to a professional piercing parlor.  She had a wonderful piercer who entertained her and kept her at ease.  We'd prepped her on what would happen, what she'd have to do after, and how much it would hurt.  The timing was up to her.  She did wonderfully and aside from one day of fiddling with one of the earrings at school, she's done what she was told.  

I hate the guns at places like Claire's and the child had more pain than was necessary with I doubt adequate preparation.  She won't have gotten the high quality earrings that I think should be used for children and who knows if Carlin will do half the needed aftercare.  It's horrifying that it was all probably done just to get views on a video.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 10