Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, AstridM said:

She put on a full face of makeup and curled her hair to do house projects? And the cut of Evan’s jeans is just not flattering. Yikes.

Those look like joggers, aka sweats, more than jeans. I can't really tell because whenever I see photos of Dumb and Dumber, all I can really concentrate on is their vapid expressions. 

I wonder which one spends more time on their hair. It may be a tie. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Those look like joggers, aka sweats, more than jeans. I can't really tell because whenever I see photos of Dumb and Dumber, all I can really concentrate on is their vapid expressions. 

I wonder which one spends more time on their hair. It may be a tie. 

Probably not jeans, you’re right. The cut is still hilarious, as is his doofy hair.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

What sort of adult wants the head of a stuffed bunny on their wall?  An eyeless, mouthless rabbit, no less.  That thing gives me the creeps.  Can you imagine trying to sleep in a room where it is lurking?

I was referring to the color scheme, bedding, plants, and lamps--all look like an adult's style, not something that would interest a kid.  Incidentally though, the other week on HGTV's No Demo Reno, the designer used that wood paneling on the bottom half of the wall for her 3 year old's room; however, she painted it pink. She gave the cost, which I forget the exact amount, but it wasn't cheap. It added quite a bit to the reno budget so Carlin using it just seems like an extra expense for something a toddler also wouldn't care about. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think those bunny heads are from an app. They're not part of the awful decor, thank goodness.

Carlin labelled the photo as part of her 'inspiration' for the room.  Seems more creepy than inspirational to me; though I suppose it was the bland neutral tones and blank face of the thing that 'inspired' her.

Then, again, they haven't finished decorating the room, all we've seen is the fugly pointless wood glued to the wall. She's got photos of lamps and rugs and light fixtures, too. Perhaps the bunny head will be a finishing touch.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think those bunny heads are from an app. They're not part of the awful decor, thank goodness.

She means the actual disembodied head in the top picture from the "inspo" post, not the little graphic doodles in the "in progress" post.

16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The “inspiration”:

919C46C5-E1E5-4366-AE7E-79DDE8188D7E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Unfortunately these faux taxidermy trophy walls are a thing. Can you imagine watching Bambi then falling asleep to this on your wall?!

image.png.96327c0a653b53a26f87c27c5f987c94.png

Imagine walking into the kid's room and she is there ripping the heads off her stuffed animals and taping them to the wall.

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Unfortunately these faux taxidermy trophy walls are a thing. Can you imagine watching Bambi then falling asleep to this on your wall?!

image.png.96327c0a653b53a26f87c27c5f987c94.png

Yuck!  At least those have facial features, though.  Apparently, eyes and noses are too 'colorful' for Carlin.  Who came up with this trend in kids' room decorating?  It is horrible, IMO, and would give a lot of kids nightmares.  I would sure be sleeping with the light on if those were creepily staring at me from the wall.

11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh dear, I missed that thing. Looks more like a goat than a bunny. 

I figure the ears went limp when they chopped off the bunny's head, but, I can see where it might be a goat.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Eh these kids are stupidly uneducated and only now exposed to the world of social media in the last 5 years. Look at the home decorations they were exposed to: their parents Confederate worship room, the decorating assault of the Duggars, etc.

They are just attracted to the first shiny (if bland) popular thing they see. Uneducated, unaware, and self-absorbed are a terrible group of issues to have in one family. Is there a DSM diagnosis for that? lol

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Eh these kids are stupidly uneducated and only now exposed to the world of social media in the last 5 years. Look at the home decorations they were exposed to: their parents Confederate worship room, the decorating assault of the Duggars, etc.

They are just attracted to the first shiny (if bland) popular thing they see. Uneducated, unaware, and self-absorbed are a terrible group of issues to have in one family. Is there a DSM diagnosis for that? lol

Don’t forget hateful, bigoted, racist, homophobic, transphobic, and xenophobic.

• Fire 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Another “ inspiration “ post: (this is from a video where Carlin carried Layla around the whole house for a tour)

D314F132-22CF-4651-9B6E-0D6A8C56E663.jpeg

I am not inspired...I have said before "j. gaines, needs to bring in the color, then these kids will follow"...however, just recently bought a farm...the house has a blue metal roof...those things last forever, so we are going to decorate around it...I have had houses in the past that have been - mid century modern and country in decor...this house is going to be pure eclectic...along the lines of 9 by design...the novogratz...as in...if I like it...I am using it...this most likely will be our retirement home....oh, and we once did a home totally second hand and trash finds...we had 15 offers over price at the open house...this is our last home (lol - I hope)...I am excited to get going on it...its a blank canvas...AND...my couch is royal blue...:)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Wow they stayed home for an entire weekend?? The kids apparently have colds/fevers. Aren't they traveling to NJ this week too? Not that their kids being sick would keep them from dragging them on a plane - doesn't matter who they infect with what - or dumping them with Evan's parents, whatever they've planned.

More time to work on the drab room for 35 year old Layla I guess.

And anyone willing to bet that Dumb and Dumber will be getting a Tesla within the next 12 mos given that they'll see Trav's Tesla when they visit? I mean I think E&C do compare A LOT with K&T; honestly I think that drove A LOT of Carlin's anxiety in January-Feb re what if we never get a house because here was her newlywed younger sister moving directly into a house that was gut renovated with top end finishings. They seem to want to ignore that K&T don't need to cobble together a living with IG, YT, and BSB. Sure those two do make side income on social media and Trav has some stay home sales rep gig, but reality is Trav has the kind of family business where dad/grandpa just keep him and his siblings on payroll in some made up gig and with that comes a 200k type paycheck. He's always had that - as he was a STUDENT who bought a renovated a job and drove fancy jeeps. 

It's like E&C don't want to realize that that's actually very common. Being from one town over from Trav and then living in NYC for a decade, it is hugely common for doctors and lawyers and other high paid professionals to be well into their 30s saving up a down payment, ,while others buy homes at 22 bc mom and dad can hand them a 200-300k down payment [or in south jersey - just buy a house for that much, it's not even just a down payment]. Welcome to the real world of comparison E&C.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Joy’s kids are probably sick, too. And who knows how many others they infected on the plane and during their travels. Next up- dragging the sick kids all over and spreading it further! Who could’ve predicted this? Narrator voice : everyone predicted this. 

1 minute ago, Heathen said:

"The kids of been under the weather." Go back to school, Carlin, and I don't mean the SotDRT. 

I suspect Carlin's mind is easily distracted, and not in an ADHD way. 

Ouch, that’s really bad. And her “teacher” was her college educated mother?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Joy’s kids are probably sick, too. And who knows how many others they infected on the plane and during their travels. Next up- dragging the sick kids all over and spreading it further! Who could’ve predicted this? Narrator voice : everyone predicted this. 

Ouch, that’s really bad. And her “teacher” was her college educated mother?

FWIW I have posted some awful sentences when I have failed to proof read. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I mean we all know how self centered they are [and let's be honest most Americans right now re the pandemic] but you'd think they'd have the kids tested before going to their PREGNANT sister's house. Whether the kids are going or not, they've been in the same house with kids and now going to a pregnant woman's house. Didn't Josie miscarry right around when they had Covid? And don't they realize Erin's covid induced fertility issues?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cereality said:

The kids apparently have colds/fevers.

Can they count the days in that poor baby's life when he hasn't been sick?  They need to let him stay safely at home a few weeks and recover fully.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 2

Usually the last thing I tried to do when my babies were sick was distract myself. I was making sure I had Pedialyte, soups and Tylenol on hand. Usually *rented their favorite movies, cleaned their bedding and reread their favorite books to them. But that's just me.

*the 1980s

• Like 9
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I don’t think proofreading would’ve helped her. 

Don't you mean "would of" helped her? 

16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think Carlin does voice to text. If you haven’t tried it, the results can be pretty funny, or embarrassing.

Is there a rule against actually reading one's voice-to-texts before posting? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5105E8E1-91DA-4097-8051-9F8CC0BED5EF.jpeg

760D2151-387B-47FD-8E3E-7EF34E1568D8.jpeg

I don't know a lot about infants, but I thought that they weren't supposed to sleep on pillows and with thick blankets?  Or am I wrong?  Also, why put all of the hardware supplies on the bed sheets?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, skipnjump said:

I don't know a lot about infants, but I thought that they weren't supposed to sleep on pillows and with thick blankets?  Or am I wrong?  Also, why put all of the hardware supplies on the bed sheets?

The hardware picture is from Layla’s bedroom, the kids are sleeping in the master bedroom.

Most people use sleep sacks to avoid using blankets with babies. As much as Carlin loves to jump in on new trends it looks like sleeping safety is not one of them. 

• Sad 4
2 hours ago, skipnjump said:

You are correct.  At least the baby is sleeping on his back.  Babies should sleep on flat, firm mattresses with fitted sheets.  They don't need blankets, pillows, bumper pads and all of these things can potentially increase the risk of SIDS.  As noted above, if the room is cool enough that the baby needs covered, an infant sleep sack is the way to go.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

As much as Carlin loves to jump in on new trends it looks like sleeping safety is not one of them. 

Safety in general seems to be low on her list.  Whether she's dragging them all over hell's half acre when they're sick, tottering on heels while carrying them across an asphalt parking lot despite her medical issues, feeding them nothing but fast food and junk; Carlin doesn't seem to ever consider what might be the best, safest option for her kids.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Wow, BSB is having another cash and carry at the end of September! I get that these sales are an easy way to pocket cash and not pay taxes, but didn't we just do this? They had tons of stock leftover after the last one. How many times are their fans going to stand in line before they realize they're just pawing through the same boxes of wrinkled dresses? 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, BSB is having another cash and carry at the end of September! I get that these sales are an easy way to pocket cash and not pay taxes, but didn't we just do this? They had tons of stock leftover after the last one. How many times are their fans going to stand in line before they realize they're just pawing through the same boxes of wrinkled dresses? 

Why or how so they avoid paying taxes?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Tori Roloff (Little People, Big World) was promoting their shop in her IG stories the other day. She was modeling a dress they sent her and the workmanship was so poor. It was a button front tiered dress. I thought she had it buttoned up wrong, but no, the top tier was so crooked that it began on like the 4th button down and ended at the 5th button down.

It’s gone from her stories but I found the pic on Reddit.

• Mind Blown 8
  • LOL 1

That’s really bad. Knowing Tori would wear it on her SM why didn’t they send her a decent one?

Do they not like Tori or just don’t care?  Or…were  all of them like that?

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, AstridM said:

Customers pay them in cash and they don’t report all of the income. Also called - breaking the law and committing fraud. 

I don't agree that any of us know that they are not reporting the income from the cash and carry and that they are commmiting fraud and breaking the law. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I don't agree that any of us know that they are not reporting the income from the cash and carry and that they are commmiting fraud and breaking the law. 

Someone asked how cash and carries could potentially help them pay fewer taxes, so I explained how it works. I did NOT claim to have inside information. But I certainly wouldn’t put it past them not to report all of the cash they make. 🤷‍♀️It’s incredibly easy to do - receive $3000 in cash, but only report $2000. These are not honest people. Again, I am speculating, like most of us do here. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1