Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

(edited)

"It's magical", "he had wrote", "literally", these two are tweens and should not have gotten married.

I'm glad they can't go anywhere for their trip, did not the baby's cardiologist tell them the baby was at very high risk with a cardiac defect? Don't know why I ask, Jesus will fix it.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 2
On 5/23/2020 at 11:11 PM, cereality said:

These 2 have been gushing about their upcoming anniversary on IG and now a 20 min video?? They are just SO young and so inexperienced at life. We get it, anniversaries are cool and a sentimental time. But to watch them gush and give you the behind the scenes of their wedding as they relive the best day of their lives legit makes me sad for them that they BOTH -- not just C -- talk like the wedding day is THE big day in your life and it's one day in your life and then it's over and there's nothing else and all you want to do is go back to that. Come on sure weddings are great. But lots of people have lots of fun days at graduations and traveling and countless other things where they experience LIFE, not just navel graze. Shows how little they've lived before rushing into marriage at 22 and 23. 

And BTW none of your behind the scenes is THAT special or different from the zillions of other people who get married yearly. You're still talking about that damn song and how nerve wracking it was -- FYI you didn't have to perform if you felt it would be nerve wracking!? They think they're so original and special when literally every person who has had a big wedding will say exactly what they said -- the day went fast; she was bawling we she gave her dad his gift; he had the biggest smile on his face all day; he's not a crier but he cried when he saw her; they didn't even get to taste the cake except for the 1 bite; they didn't eat at all and were starving and ate after the wedding . . . . E&C these are normal wedding things, even though you seem to think yours was the William & Kate wedding of the century . . . .

Carlin had always sought out attention. Whether she never got it or learn from her mother to always get it or both. The wedding is pretty much the big event and the moment when they get the most attention. Carlin made sure to go as big as she could with the biggest venue, bridal party, dress and everything else. She no doubt soaked it up. But of course it doesn't last. Her parents' lose interest in their kids fast plus there's always another courtship in the wings. She had her moment in the spotlight and the moment to get the most attention from her parents' and everyone else. And its over. In the real world there's other chances of course graduations, jobs, and promotions. In teen years there's dances, Homecoming and prom. In their world there's wedding and the first baby. Both of those are over. Unless she gives birth to twins its not coming back. She's not the only one. Erin of course is constantly seeking attention and all of it. After she was pissed when Tori didn't come when Erin gave birth to her third kid and jealous of Carlin's wedding was bigger then hers. Erin keeps trying to get it and Carlin will too. Its sad and pathetic. 

And I especially love that the Mustang they drove away in was borrowed. They decided they couldn't afford to spend another $ and thus had no getaway car and then Carlin and Kelly run across a car show at the local mall. They approached the owners of the various cars to explain their plight until one owner decided they could borrow his car. He drove it to the venue on the day of, he keeps it pristine bc he's a collector. Cue to the shot at the very end of them eating plates of chicken + sides that Mama Bates had packed for them as they left the reception bc they hadn't eaten all day and were starving. IN THE BORROWED PRISTINE COLLECTIBLE CAR!? Nice respect . . . . You know they drove 10 min up the road to the local Marriott to get it on. They really had to eat in the car? They couldn't check in, eat in the room, and then get busy? If they couldn't wait for check in, they couldn't get to the hotel parking lot, get out and eat in the parking lot before entering the hotel??

That doesn't surprise me. I don't know about Evan's family but Carlin's parents certainly never bothered to teach any of their kids to respect other people's property. They let their kids run wild at their grandparents' house and laugh when the destroy stuff. They certainly wouldn't care if their daughter messed up an expensive car loaned to them for the day by someone who had been nice and refused to pay to fix it. 

• Love 2

"When she was younger, I often wondered and imagined what kind of personality her future husband would be like." HAHAHAH. Translation = we knew she was loud and obnoxious and she wouldn't tone it down no matter what we tried, so Gil and I fretted and lost a lot of sleep and prayed a lot about what man would marry a girl who can't freaking shut up, is loud, must be the center of attention, and is dumb. In a cult where women are supposed to be the quiet followers . . . . Thankfully loud obnoxious Evan came along and it was a match made in heaven.

You know G&K had to be freaking out when Carlin was trying to seal the deal around 18 and someone broke up with her. They really must've been thinking OMG no one will marry such an obnoxious girl . . . .

I know I shouldn't but I do feel sad for them. The wedding and the first baby are REALLY the only time they get attention in that family. Which means by 22 the two biggest days in her life were behind her. I mean obviously as you get older there are fewer "big days" and not very much is as big as a wedding for those who've had one. But still in life there are graduations and promotions and raises and random holiday parties and BBQs that are still fun and feel good. For these two -- not so much. Once she became Evan's problem + gave them at least one grandkid, that's it G&K moved on. Must be hard for anyone but especially for two attention whores. I guess that's where social media and the weekly video about their scintillating lives fills the void.

• Love 5

Oh pish tosh they have nothing on me and Mr lookeyloo. We frolic about all the time, me in my gauzy dress and him in his manly duds. We have a photographer on retainer. All of our relatives are jealous of us because we are just perfect.  Of course I am kidding but that is probably what is going on in their dim heads 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The picture with his feet up in the air is silly and suggestive.  I didn't realise she and Joy got married on the same day two years apart. 

The Stewarts' anniversary is May 25 (yesterday).

• Useful 1

Where is the money coming from?  Wasn't Evan bitching about having a hard time making ends meet?  And someone made a comment about social distancing on her Instagram page.  Carlin replied that in the plane they were only in contact with family.  Isn't Lawson the only pilot in the family?  Doesn't he have a concussion?  

The stupidity of these people is astounding.

• Love 3

Nathan is the pilot, Law is in training though I guess he’s fine now bc he’s posting some new song on IG 24-7 and he was on the flight.

Carlin and Evan are just ME ME ME. I mean last week they lamented about having to put off a 1st anniversary trip. Lol turns out they were lamenting putting it off for a whole FOUR days. The horrors. I guess they don’t realize in the real world with jobs often milestone trips don’t go on the actual milestone date and can be weeks or months later as people just don’t drop everything to celebrate themselves. Hope they enjoy their secluded cabin where they say they’ll cook for themselves. Sounds fun — not. Why not stay home in your cabin size home and cook there. Evan does talk about monetary pressure a lot but from the social media whores I know IRL who “vacation” a ton to give you the impression of a fabulous life, it’s cheap vacations that often aren’t what they seem. Bet they’re going away for 2-3 nights to the cheapest cabin they can afford and bet they even picked where they’re going based on cheap accommodations. They’ll just spend the whole time taking IG pics in “cute” ways to make the vacation look bigger than it was. Should’ve saved your money Evan, perish the thought had you waited another 6 mos or yr, you could be post pandemic and having a real vacation not a — well I have to SHOW ppl we went somewhere — vacation.

• Love 6

They are extremely immature even for people their ages, but seriously, postponing a weekend getaway is not the end of the freaking world.  

My husband and I are celebrating our 40th anniversary this August.  We had talked about taking a trip to Scotland- my grandfather was born there and I have always wanted to go.  But now we know it's not going to happen this year.  We can go another time. Not the end of the world.

If they keep popping out babies and don't lose their ME ME ME attitude it is going to be ugly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, cereality said:

Nathan is the pilot, Law is in training though I guess he’s fine now bc he’s posting some new song on IG 24-7 and he was on the flight.

Carlin and Evan are just ME ME ME. I mean last week they lamented about having to put off a 1st anniversary trip. Lol turns out they were lamenting putting it off for a whole FOUR days. The horrors. I guess they don’t realize in the real world with jobs often milestone trips don’t go on the actual milestone date and can be weeks or months later as people just don’t drop everything to celebrate themselves. Hope they enjoy their secluded cabin where they say they’ll cook for themselves. Sounds fun — not. Why not stay home in your cabin size home and cook there. Evan does talk about monetary pressure a lot but from the social media whores I know IRL who “vacation” a ton to give you the impression of a fabulous life, it’s cheap vacations that often aren’t what they seem. Bet they’re going away for 2-3 nights to the cheapest cabin they can afford and bet they even picked where they’re going based on cheap accommodations. They’ll just spend the whole time taking IG pics in “cute” ways to make the vacation look bigger than it was. Should’ve saved your money Evan, perish the thought had you waited another 6 mos or yr, you could be post pandemic and having a real vacation not a — well I have to SHOW ppl we went somewhere — vacation.

3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

They are extremely immature even for people their ages, but seriously, postponing a weekend getaway is not the end of the freaking world.  

My husband and I are celebrating our 40th anniversary this August.  We had talked about taking a trip to Scotland- my grandfather was born there and I have always wanted to go.  But now we know it's not going to happen this year.  We can go another time. Not the end of the world.

If they keep popping out babies and don't lose their ME ME ME attitude it is going to be ugly. 

Yeah, a lot of people don't have the option of being able to celebrate the actual milestone because they can't afford to or have to work and only have a limited amount of vacation days. Also due to the recent health problems of their daughter most people wouldn't even think about that or be quick to cancel their plans. They were just crying a week or two ago about Layla but now have no problem tossing her off to someone else and go away? That's without even mention Covid-19 still wrecking havoc making it now not a good time. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Even worse, they are taking her with them and potentially exposing her to even more people. I'm sure their cardiologist told them to stay home and away from other people. That baby is really at risk for quite a few things that could compromise her health. Sad that her parents are the biggest threat to her health.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 2

That's the thing -- how many different ways do they want it? Literally 2 weekends ago they were posting teary videos re Layla's heart condition, how scary it was, how they were too emotional to even talk about the cardiologist visit. Ok great -- you're scared young parents (I'm not judging that -- anybody would be scared). Not 2 weeks later, vacation time mid pandemic!! I know views on this pandemic vary a lot and lots of people are saying -- once my state opens, that's it I'm not sitting home, masks unnecessary, it's just a fever. Fine but even the most -- eh this is NBD person -- will agree that if you're elderly or have health conditions, YOU have to protect yourself still even as places open up bc covid is still out there. So let's take a 3-4 month old with a newly diagnosed heart condition on vacation because OMG it's our anniversary, we can't NOT celebrate. I don't have kids but I think once there's kids parents sacrifice a lot and sometimes that means NOT going away if it isn't safe for your kid and your anniversary might just be a grocery store cake and small gift, if that.

And who are their leg humpers -- other fundies? Huge fans? Bc someone DARED mention on Carlin's IG about social distancing and people JUMPED down that person's throat being like -- OMG go hide in your basement, don't  you know they fly by PRIVATE PLANE. LOL people are SOOOO impressed by private planes, making it sound like E&C charter their corporate jet. This plane is the size of a small sedan so the baby is smooshed in there with her 2 uncles who BTW have NOT been social distancing. They used the whole lockdown time getting flight hours, so they were landing at various airports, having some interactions with people at hangars and airports and since Tenn. reopened, Law has definitely been posting videos of going to convenient stores etc. I mean this kid is JUST out of the newborn 3 mo window, where you don't even want them catching a cold bc it leads to a lot of testing; plus the heart issue!? But by all means let's go to a cabin who knows where and who knows how far from civilization because don't you know we got MARRIED LAST YEAR!?!?

TBH they should have left her with Michael & Brandon. From what I can tell, they ARE distancing (including NOT inviting Law in for dinner one night but leaving him some dinner out on the porch), both working and studying from home, and just generally seem less stupid than anyone else in the family. She would've been in excellent, careful hands esp given her recent diagnosis and if you had said -- don't take her out not even to hang at the parents house or have Chad/Erin's kids breathing all over her -- they would've listened. And then the two idiot parents could have gone away, had sex 24-7, and most importantly gathered content for next week's YouTube video. They've been SUPER quiet on IG since posting that flight pic saying, guess where; you know it's to drum up "suspense" so that in their next video it can be -- let us show your our vacation and their salivating leghumpers will log in to watch.

• Love 7
(edited)

They are the absolute worst. Even worse than Lawson in the famewhore department, and that's saying something. 

They have a new video up chronicling what they did last weekend. They started off with yet another photo shoot. That's as far as I got before my eyes rolled to the back of my head.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I started to watch the latest YouTube video.  She carries that poor little girl like a sack of potatoes, hanging over her arm at her side.  Who carries a 3 month old like that?  I know we jokingly call Felicity Vuolo “Prop”, but Layla should have that name.

I tried to post a screenshot but I appear to be having technical difficulties.  But there is poor little Layla with her feet dangling and her mother’s arm clamped across her chest.    Given her heart issues and the fact that she occasionally experiences breathing issues I really question the wisdom of having mom’s arm pinning her to mom’s side.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 5

They probably are in Fl with the rest of the family.  Stupidity reigns supreme in that family.  It's not a jet they are in, it looks like a twin prop plane.  Either way, they should keep their asses home with that child.

• Love 6

These two are awful. My mother would have a panic attack seeing how that baby is being flown in the plane. She put her babies in car seats.

I've heard that Evan is as bad as Carlin and certainly just responsible for their kid/kids. I've never liked the name of this thread, because Evan is also into himself.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

But does this baby have any emotion? Layla doesn't seem to smile or react to anything. I hope all is well with her on those levels. Carlin and  Evan are two children who had a baby. How could their parents not notice that they were not ready to marry anyone?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

But does this baby have any emotion? Layla doesn't seem to smile or react to anything. I hope all is well with her on those levels. Carlin and  Evan are two children who had a baby. How could their parents not notice that they were not ready to marry anyone?

Kelly and Gil seem like children themselves. Ditto JB and Michelle. 

• Love 5

It's interesting how much these idiots go on vacation -- what are they so stressed from, given that they don't do much? Also interesting that Evan and Carlin just could NOT bear the fact that they had to miss out on a first anniversary trip bc of covid so then they just had to jump on the Bates vacation a mere 4 days later. I know the views on covid/staying home/getting on with life vary but honestly what changed in 4 days -- you could've just gone on your trip if you were going to travel 4 days later anyway.

This vacation included none of the other married couples besides John and Alyssa and even they stayed the weekend, not the entire week like Evan and Carlin. I imagine Kelton and Brandon begged off when the idea was even floated citing work, but let's be real they're probably pretty happy about not having to see the inlaws for the last 2-3 mos. Bobby likely begged off when he knew bff Kelton wouldn't go. Zach probably legit had work given that he's a cop. I'm kind of surprised that Chad and Erin didn't go; no way he's busy now as pandemic + recession isn't conducive to people remodeling their kitchen + his entire work force of Jackson/Warden/Isaiah/Trace went so clearly he doesn't need them right now. Though I wouldn't be shocked if there's some $ worries right now -- how much work could Chad possibly have + they have 4 kids. While I imagine UP covers a lot of costs for these trips, given that they weren't going to restaurants etc. as much bc they aren't open fully so they're not getting product placement comped meals, I'm betting G&K would expect the married ones to chip in for groceries etc.

But given the fact that none of the married couples attended and it really was a vacation for the ones living in the Bates home, the idiot couple who was crying about the child with the heart issue could easily NOT have attended if it wasn't always about THEM. I know Kelly made a big show of oh we're socially distant from other people in our own house. Yeah but on the way to the plane, E&C stop at a convenient store for snacks -- were they masked/gloved/sanitizing, IDK. Then you've got the baby in the house with like 18 other ppl including uncles who've been out in the world due to work/flight lessons -- Nathan; Law; John; and I honestly find it very hard to believe that with that many people they ALL sat home or on the beach 24-7. Trace/Law/Nathan/Warden/Isiah/Jackson really weren't going to convenient stores daily to pick up whatever soda or snack they wanted? Jeb/Jud/Callie/Alyssa's kids etc never went out to ice cream even once? Come on. I know people vary on this and many are saying move on with your life, but even the most relaxed people on this issue are STILL saying -- yeah protect young kids, those with health issues, and elderly. 

Ok and let's talk about the private plane that the leghumpers swoon about. OMG E&C flew with their child in the jalopy of planes with a pilot who legit was using an ipad to do the pre flight check that was telling him -- hmm ok well this model should have 3 bolts right here, let's see if they're here; ok next step check the oil -- hmm Evan grab the oil bottles from the trunk and let's fill this sucker up like we're greasing a bicycle chain . . . . I'm sorry they may be licensed but these 2 pilots do NOT seem experienced and it appears they've bought this plane built in the 1950s bc they were talking about painting it, as if that helps the safety. What exactly would they have done if said plane WAS missing a bolt or some gauge didn't seem right? That hangar looked pretty empty to me and it's rare you can get a mechanic RIGHT THAT SECOND to fix your problem. I fear they'd be like -- eh it's just one bolt and it's not that long of a flight plus FAMILY VACATION, it's fine. I love Nathan being like -- oooh the baby is a lap baby bc she's a little bitty baby. No Nathan the baby is a lap baby bc I've been in Kias that are more spacious than your plane so if you put in a car seat only one of her parents can fly with her.

The leghumpers completely ignored the condition of that plane and instead were like -- oooh Nathan's phone has a pic of a girl on the screen, OMG courtship . . . .

Where did this fundie pilot trend come from? Is it bc they can fly to missions and preach and give some lessons for $ so they don't have to work a 9-5? Bc I feel like they're playing with fire looking at that plane + the most experienced family pilot (Nathan). If they REALLY want to be pilots, is there something wrong with actual flight school + a job for say Delta where you work your way up in terms of planes and have constant training requirements and flight simulations that you must do? I mean perish the thought though then you do have to fly daily and be away from mommy and daddy bc Delta is paying you to fly to Spokane, but even that kind of job for a few yrs is a safer way to learn and get experienced than what the Duggars and Bates are doing.

• Love 6

I'm a huge aviation buff, (I worked as a flight attendant for ten years), and you couldn't get me on one of those rickety planes if you held a gun to my head. I follow an aviation channel on YouTube that analyzes crashes, and the majority of them are small, private planes where inexperienced pilots used bad judgment, took unnecessary risks or had too much ego to ask ATC for help. The Bates boys are an NTSB investigation waiting to happen.

• Love 17
On 6/8/2020 at 10:51 AM, BitterApple said:

I'm a huge aviation buff, (I worked as a flight attendant for ten years), and you couldn't get me on one of those rickety planes if you held a gun to my head. I follow an aviation channel on YouTube that analyzes crashes, and the majority of them are small, private planes where inexperienced pilots used bad judgment, took unnecessary risks or had too much ego to ask ATC for help. The Bates boys are an NTSB investigation waiting to happen.

Back in my reporter days I did a story on a man who was a pilot in the Korean War and had flown privately after that every weekend at least. He had a puddle jumper of an airplane. He was the sweetest old man and was given an award for having the most safe landings of any private license pilot in the state or something. I asked him about how they came to that award designation and he said, "because all of the others end up crashing and dying if they fool around too long."

• Love 4

These 2 continue to be the brightest lights in the harbor. I was definitely giving them side eye when they HAD to go on vacation bc ANNIVERSARY and it's NBD bc we have our own house, we'll socially distance, we won't see a single person except the 15 ppl in the house. At that time I was like ok maybe the house is set apart from others, you have your own section of the beach, and you eat at home but seriously Law/Trace/Jackson/Warden/Isiah won't be hitting up convenience stores for junk food? None of the little kids will go out to ice cream even once . . . seemed unlikely.

Well fast forward, they posted a video and Evan goes -- well C and I were dressing up to go take beach photos (bc I mean you MUST have a weekly photo shoot anywhere you are) but then C's brothers biked into town for ice cream so we thought we'd go meet them. So off they go -- fortunately leaving the sleeping baby with Addalee. Tiny ice cream shop indoors -- not like a roadside outdoor ice cream stand on a boardwalk, you can see other customers in there so not some place that's SO empty that it's just their family, and even the employees serving ice cream aren't in masks -- bc Florida. Best part though was they get there, Trace and Warden are standing outside with their ice cream, and Trace says his flavor is really good and invites E&C multiple times to try it. Carlin seems grossed out and says no multiple times and says 'you licked on it, I can't' -- IDK if it's pandemic related or just generally grossed out, but good. Trace goes --" just try it, it's ok, I don't have nothing . . ." and Evan proceeds to put his mouth on Trace's cone.

Uh idiots we're in the middle of a pandemic. You want to go away on vacation and go to businesses that are open, not wear masks -- no one can stop you, that's up to your judgment and risk aversion. But maybe just maybe you can refrain from licking the same food? If not for yourself maybe for the fact that you have a 4 month old WITH A HEART CONDITION sleeping at the beach house and you don't strike me like the types who'll go home and wash your face and use mouth wash before you pick up and kiss the baby.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

"Layla was so cute in her little bathing suite." 🙄

I just can't with these two.  

They make me sad and frustrated at the same time. I am sad that they seem to have very little ability to cope with or understand their situation. At the same time, they are so vapid that it is annoying. Much of their ignorance is a choice. Instead of researching the best filters and special effects for their photos and videos, maybe they should spend that time researching about Layla's heart issue. It is undoubtedly scary when you or your loved one (child, parent, sibling, etc.) gets a diagnosis. My mother's doctors were concerned about congestive heart failure this week after she had some issues after her last chemo treatment. Yes, I prayed hard for her recovery. I also read everything I could. I questioned doctors and followed up with some of the research I had done. Thankfully her test results are better than expected. How do I know they are better? Because I did the research to find out what they should be and what they would be if there are a serious problem. 

I'm not expecting Carlin to become an expert. I am expecting her to put forth an effort to find out things and make good choices. Supposedly the kids were encouraged to volunteer at the children's hospital. They filmed Lawson there a few times. It can't be that hard for her to get a little real information and quit being the vapid little twit who carries her baby like a purse while doing a hair flip. 

• Love 8

@RebeccatheWriter - the lack of research vibe is the same vibe in Alyssa and John's video too. I realize her situation was scary but it went on over 4 mos to the first surgery and then the second one was 3-4 months later and in that time she WAS posting on IG, started her Youtube channel, hawking products on IG, went to I Love You day, was going to church, several brothers visited etc -- so she WAS doing stuff. Plus if she couldn't research, then there's John too. Yet in their video John is all like -- OMG the drs. used SUCH big words, it's so hard to understand any of it. And they talk about how they were being sent to random drs. who didn't know what was going on so they'd send them to another subspecialist and they spent their time praying that they'd find the right dr who'd make the diagnosis and come up with a treatment. Uh in these days of google -- could've researched and found the closest top academic health center + done basic research re the conditions and had questions to ask. Unfortunately in healthcare nowadays you are expected to advocate a bit esp since drs. tend to be busy, so if you don't ask questions then often drs. don't sit down and really explain things and then they felt punted from dr. to dr. randomly but not really knowing why.

E&C are the same -- they have plenty of time for weekly YT videos and non stop photo shoots and dressing up their kid and cooing about what a cute baby they made, but otherwise, how much have they really researched and looked into.

Part of me is like maybe it's just that their educations are SOOO subpar that maybe the reading comprehension just isn't there? And it's not like the husbands are geniuses either -- maybe they're marginally better but IDK when John was talking about big words?? 

I also wonder if there are some heart conditions in the family that they just don't know about? Alyssa in her video talked about how she never went to the dr when she was younger, she went 1x when she was a kid for an allergic reaction, she has never had needles (does that mean the Bates don't vaccinate??) . . . . Granted an adult can totally develop an arrhythmia out of no where and kids can be born with a hole in the heart that closes over 1-2 yrs, but with 2 members on the same side of the family having heart issues close in time -- maybe there are some recessive cardiac issues? Would they even know if a few of there kids were walking around with heart murmurs etc. Not that that type of thing is problematic for 99% of people but it's the kind of thing people know about from yearly checkups on their kids until at least high school so that if later in life (or in Alyssa's case age 24) something pops up, they can give drs. some background. I mean for their sake I hope not and I hope everyone is 100% but with this family, I feel like they wouldn't focus on anything preventative unless it had to do with reproductive parts -- like how all the girls were on high alert/checked for whatever clotting disorder Erin has that causes miscarriages.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think the lack of incentive to research Layla's condition may come from fear.  If they look into it they may find out it is more severe than they would care to admit.  Staying blissfully ignorant, pretending to be proactive by getting a blood oxygen monitor, and trusting that Jesus will take care of things is a lot easier.

They have had "Trust in Jesus and He will take care of you" driven into their heads since they were old enough to understand.  It's just easier to believe that than to actually do any critical thinking. 

Of all the couples, Carlin and Evan are the least suited to be parents.  It's very sad that they couldn't have had a couple of years to enjoy being married, for Evan to finish his apprenticeship, and time to grow up before they assumed the responsibility of raising a child. Right now it seems they are just playing house, but sadly the baby doll is a real child.

Just a couple more observatons:  It looks like Evan has a pair of Air Pods Pro.  Those things cost $250! I thought money was tight, yet they seem to have the newest phones, Apple watches, & Air Pods. Given that they had a few hospitalizations this year, I have to wonder how they can afford all the latest tech.  How much DO electrician's apprentices make anyhow?

And the opening music on their You Tube videos sounds like a cheesy soft porn soundtrack.

• Love 2

With the pop-up ads on their YouTube, I'd guess they're monetized. The video had 31k views when I watched it a few hours ago. Not sure how much they make with those numbers, but it's certainly enough for some fancy electronics.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think the lack of incentive to research Layla's condition may come from fear.  If they look into it they may find out it is more severe than they would care to admit.  Staying blissfully ignorant, pretending to be proactive by getting a blood oxygen monitor, and trusting that Jesus will take care of things is a lot easier.

They have had "Trust in Jesus and He will take care of you" driven into their heads since they were old enough to understand.  It's just easier to believe that than to actually do any critical thinking. 

Of all the couples, Carlin and Evan are the least suited to be parents.  It's very sad that they couldn't have had a couple of years to enjoy being married, for Evan to finish his apprenticeship, and time to grow up before they assumed the responsibility of raising a child. Right now it seems they are just playing house, but sadly the baby doll is a real child.

I think fear is a large part of it. I also think that they have been raised to not question authority (parents, God, church, etc.). The idea of doing their own research is probably foreign to them. I suppose it is evident in the girls seemingly not associating their own risks with Erin's hereditary blood clotting disorder. They simply waited for Dr. Vick to tell them it was an issue. 

Many first time moms I know did all sorts of research prior to giving birth. They took birthing classes, asked the doctor or midwife questions at each appointment. They watched videos and read things. They knew what being breach meant or different ways of dealing with morning sickness. There were moments of fear for them, but they managed to quell most of that through finding the answers instead of relying on others. 

These girls seem to lack any sort of inquisitiveness that is a pretty natural part of existence. I've met people like that, but so far it seems that this entire family is that way. Some of this is for the show, but honestly the only thing I can remember any of them being inquisitive or curious about was when Erin seemed shocked that Michaela wasn't worried about the wedding night. 

The not questioning authority is probably a big part of Kelly Jo an Gil's ability to control them. Keeping them compliant and obedient means that they won't question the big things either - why do we have to sleep stacked up like firewood? Why don't we get to go to school and meet other people? Why does Kelly Jo not seem to do any work at all? Why do my brothers dress up like cowboys even past the age of 8? Why can't I go to a legit college and become X? 

Unfortunately it has made these young women like Carlin out to be mindless and obedient instead of having the ability to critically examine or question. Not every doctor is going to be like Dr. Vick with folksy ways of describing issues. Most doctors are too busy for reading minds. 

@cereality That is disturbing about Alyssa. I had the same procedure as Alyssa did. Granted mine was minor and no damage was found. I had some wonky readings on a stress test after I had fainted a few times. Mine turned out not to be heart related. However, between the first time fainting and that first cardiologist appointment, I was practically going to med school with all that I read. I wanted to know what it could be and what I needed to ask the doctor. When my first cardiologist (sweetest doctor ever) sent me to another for this procedure, I did research not only on the field of electro but on this doctor in particular. He was a jerk so I went back to original doctor and insisted on someone new. 
While it was scary, I wasn't going into it blind. With the jerk doctor I had maybe two minutes with him to ask anything. I asked and didn't get the answers I thought were appropriate. I knew of other tests and asked why not about those. 

From Alyssa's video, it sounds like she did none of that. My primary doctor can use big words too. I have often told him thanks but I am not an MD. I need him to explain it a little more simply. He always does. 

I am glad Alyssa did clear that up about the Bates early medical care being so inadequate. I had assumed it was and that the Bates only did the minimum to get by with that many kids. I too question if there was something with Alyssa or even any of the others that could have been missed because they didn't have any preventative or diagnostic treatment. There are episodes of the Duggars with the Bates where the Duggars infected the Bates with chicken pox and later the Bates gave the Duggars a respiratory illness with a high fever (meanwhile Josie Duggar was a micropremie and Jim Bob is feeding them over the counter meds out of the same cup on a field trip. Yes, children get sick and such illness spreads easily and quickly. There was just such a nonchalance about it when there were always babies around.   

• Love 5
16 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I thought money was tight, yet they seem to have the newest phones, Apple watches, & Air Pods

These Gothard families may do the poor act, but they don't mind buying the latest when they get money from the shows/social media. I noticed the Duggars got new technology and better clothes after they got the show. 

• Useful 2
16 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

These Gothard families may do the poor act, but they don't mind buying the latest when they get money from the shows/social media. I noticed the Duggars got new technology and better clothes after they got the show. 

Here's the funny thing about the Duggars, they were never that poor.  They are just good at grifting and poor mouthing.  They have always been in real estate and contrary to what they like to claim, Michelle still has her real estate license and she still works in that field.  

I don't think some of these families are as poor as they like to claim (or claimed) to be.

• Love 3

Does Michelle actively list properties and show them? I had an inkling that Michelle is the listing agent for properties that Boob or their LLCs list and she gets part of the commission when it sells. That's a pretty good game they have going on there.

This family claims that women aren't allowed to 'work outside of the home' in a traditional job, yet Michelle has real estate listings???? What misleading liars they are.

• Love 1