Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

Oh maybe Evan wants to keep is prized possession out of the snow. Was his model Tesla recalled? Unfortunately EVs are running into some trouble with extreme rain, as well as freezing temps. Not sure if snow can be a problem as well.

It appears the sleep aid is "vegan free" 🤣😂, as well as carnivore free 🤣. As @Meow Mix posted, the only thing it is not free of is chemicals.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Even for two idiots like Evan and Carlin, I'm  surprised. The frigid weather sweeping the nation has been a major story for the past week. I've gotten news alerts about it on my phone and I'm on the West Coast. 

Either Evan's Tesla was struggling to hold a charge or he didn't want to risk his most prized possession in the snow. In fairness I'm not sure how well Teslas handle the roads in bad weather, so maybe Gil and his truck were the safer option. Still, it's ridiculous he had to come to the rescue. Evan is pushing 30. He's not some dippy 18 year-old who doesn't plan ahead because he's just learning to adult. At this point in life, he shouldn't be so ill-prepared. 

• Like 7

And now Carlin posts a pic of her wearing pig tails chomping on a banana while sitting with daddy who took her to purchase a mega case of toilet paper. It screams - daddyyyyyy I'm sooooo hungry, this shopping trip is taking soooo long, I need a snack, as he told her she could only have a health snack. This woman is 25 with 2 children married to a freaking 28 yr old. They are entirely too immature to be married with kids.

We all know young adults/college kids etc. who wouldn't plan for weather and then be like hahah I just ordered 2 large pizzas and ate those for 3 days or ate PBJ for every meal or whatever. But those people don't have children. People with children are generally responsible enough to plan and/or always have extra food around so in case they didn't plan it'd be NBD bc hey there's always an extra bread in the freezer and PBJ in the cupboard and we always stay stocked on rice and lentils and pasta and cheese so we can still have meals even if they're boring meals.

Meanwhile Josie is posting pics of Kelton getting their kids ready to go out in the snow. And Willow who is only 6 months older than Layla clear as day is saying to her parents "with all of this snow, I can't even see the grass. The other time it snowed, I could still see the grass. I hope it's going to snow a lot today." Layla is only 6 months younger and rarely can you even understand what she is saying; and when she does say stuff, it's just parroting back things about makeup, nails, hair, and dresses. IDK if I've ever seen her had an independent thought where she relays her own observations on the world.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

A one car family, should have an all weather worthy car if they can afford it. Most parents have a stocked pantry because they obligations keeping them from popping into stores and restaurants when ever they feel like it. As far as snow pants - I have no idea if most kids have those in TN. But if the kids are going to play in their own yard, there are ways to dress them to stay warm and dry for a while.

Carlin and Evan treat their kids like IG accessories - period. If kids playing in the snow wasn't cute on camera I have no doubt they wouldn't even have went outside.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4

Weren't they also saying on either youtube or Instagram that Carlin is itching to get a pool? And I don't think she was talking about a kiddie pool. 

It must frost Carlin and Evan that Josie and Kelton posted on Instagram a video of Hazel and Willow in the snow. Kids had cute snow suits and Kelton was pulling them in a small plastic sled.  After playing in the snow they went in to have home made chicken soup. 

• Like 9
(edited)

So is it a coincidence that after Z announces a cooking channel, Carlin posts a video of making soup today?? Or maybe it was Kelton making bone broth the other day and Josie using it for the last 2 days to make soup.

That being said Z and Kelton/Josie's food looks GOOD. Carlin seems to just be throwing things in a pot. It was like brown up some ground beef by itself, throw in box of stock, can of kidney beans, can of black beans, can of pinto beans, can of crushed tomato, packet of taco seasoning, packet of ranch dressing, stir it up and serve - of course with a PILE of corn chips on top.

Like I'm not much of a cook but even I know to brown ground beef in a pot with oil with some seasoning and maybe some pieces of onion. This was literally just like throwing ground beef over heat. And if this soup is supposed to be a chili, don't you have to let it thicken - either using corn starch etc. or letting it cook down? She serves it as a liquid with a ton of stuff in it. And can meals in that house not be eaten without chips on top? Or maybe it's the type of thing college kids/young ppl who can't cook do - I know my food isn't great/bland, so I always eat it with chips, a soda etc so then it seems fine. Though IDK my go to is things like crushed pepper or jalapenos - not CHIPS!?

And DAMN guess she HAD to prove all of us here/on Reddit wrong who were giving her the benefit of the doubt that she just shills those supplements but wouldn't give them to her kids. Nope - she posts an IG calling Sissy over to the camera and giving her a half tsp of whatever supplement + giving Z some kind of pill. Jesus what is wrong with these people?!

Edited by cereality
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

Instead of taco salad Carlin made taco soup?

C&E are treating their followers like idiots. Nothing about their backyard snow play looked magical. Not through their kids' eyes or anyone else's. 

• Like 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, cereality said:

Nope - she posts an IG calling Sissy over to the camera and giving her a half tsp

She used a teaspoon out of their silverware drawer to give 1/2 tsp to her. 🤦‍♀️ 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2

I think the white stuff was a packet of ranch dressing mix. The soup looked awful. Meanwhile Josie was making a pot of chicken soup that looked good.  

I am confused- Carlin said the stores were sold out of winter clothing yet then she showed both kids outside in full winter gear. Of course Josie’s girls had all the right winter outerwear.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2

That packet looked like Good Seasons ranch dressing or dip mix. Where did she get this recipe from Kelli maybe? First Carlin when you brown ground beef you need to drain the fat off before adding other ingredients. And you need to drain and rinse the canned beans. That soup looked horrible. 

Iv'e never really cared for chicken noodle soup but damn that soup that Josie made has me craving it. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I think the white stuff was a packet of ranch dressing mix. The soup looked awful. Meanwhile Josie was making a pot of chicken soup that looked good.  

I am confused- Carlin said the stores were sold out of winter clothing yet then she showed both kids outside in full winter gear. Of course Josie’s girls had all the right winter outerwear.

Zade didn't have snow pants on. He was wearing a heavyweight sleeper.

Did anyone notice Hazel had baggies on over her mittens?

• Useful 4
(edited)

I just watched Carlin's reels and that soup was a crime. You could see the greasy layer sitting on top because Carlin didn't drain the fat from the ground beef, and I can't believe she doesn't know to rinse the beans. You never add them straight from the can. 🤮🤮🤮

It's funny how she and Josie go tit-for-tat on Instagram. I know they both follow the Basic Bitch social media playbook, but they're like clockwork. If one goes to the pumpkin patch, the other goes to the pumpkin patch. Josie posts a latte, Carlin posts a latte. Soup, fancy grills, Christmas tree farms, movie nights, making memories, "wouldn't trade this for the world," it never ends....

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

And  weekend getaways to set goals for the new year. Josie did that a few times and then Carlin picked up on it this year.  Like Carlin and Evan have goals. 

• LOL 12
(edited)

As far as the baggies on Hazel’s mittens it’s probably to keep her mittens from getting soaked so her hands stay warm. If the mittens aren’t waterproof the snow soaks them pretty quickly making them uncomfortable her hands would get really cold.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

As far as the baggies on Hazel’s mittens it’s probably to keep her mittens from getting soaked so her hands stay warm. If the mittens aren’t waterproof the snow soaks them pretty quickly making them uncomfortable her hands would get really cold.

For sure. We used to wear bread wrappers over our socks before we put our boots on.

My mom had four kids in 6.5 years. When she got us all snow ready she made sure we were snow ready, so we'd actually stay out and enjoy the snow. She didn't want 4 kids needing this and that or having to pee.

• Like 7

Grew up in Montreal. Snow was hardly a novelty. November-April. My mother had a system. Clothesline next to the furnace. Full of coats, snow pants, hats, and mittens every night. Boot tray next to the heat register so they would dry by the morning.

We were always excited for the first snow, but by January it was old news. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

F884E885-28FF-4B7C-B80B-0E1817E44F0E.jpeg

898044AA-9736-4252-800B-35DF93643A52.jpeg

To “our churches” marriage retreat 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

White furniture with 2 small children?

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

These 2 spend entirely too much time together, as it is. I can't imagine what they are hoping to achieve on this marriage retreat. C&E may be hoping to impart marital advice to the other couples!  🤮  I'm sure the other people in attendance work for a living and lead their lives as adults.

• Like 7

I wonder if Josie and Kelton pay for the babysitting? Michael watches her kids a ton, yet she never extends that offer to Evan and Carlin. Kelton strikes me as the type of guy who doesn't like being indebted to anyone, so I can see him giving Michael something for keeping the girls. 

The idea of the Stewarts going on a marriage retreat is laughable. Their entire lives are an escape from reality. 

• Like 11
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Wipe off your table, Carlin.

Seriously, that's gross. It looks like an adult spilled coffee, so they can't even blame it on the props kids. 

• Like 6
52 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if Josie and Kelton pay for the babysitting? Michael watches her kids a ton, yet she never extends that offer to Evan and Carlin. Kelton strikes me as the type of guy who doesn't like being indebted to anyone, so I can see him giving Michael something for keeping the girls. 

I remember reading that Michael watches Josie and Kelton's children on a regular schedule and Michael considers that work as she is paid.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Seriously, that's gross. It looks like an adult spilled coffee, so they can't even blame it on the props kids. 

Whatever it is, it is dried, which means it didn't happen a minute ago.  What a couple of slobs.

Maybe Carlin and Evan are attending the marriage retreat to serve as an example of how NOT to have a mature relationship?  They can be the Glamour DON'T's of marriage.

C&E love freebies, no way they pay Michael a nickel to watch their kids.  I'm sure they'll dump them off at his parents so they can party, party, party at the retreat.  And, God forbid, they won't bring a box of Cheerios or some mac and cheese to contribute to feeding them.  When I was small, my parents used my grandparents for babysitting overnight a few times a year.  We almost always brought some groceries along; stuff like kids' cereal or whatever.

It looks like they must be staying somewhere during the retreat since Carlin has seemingly packed enough for a week.  My church does programs for married couples and deliberately schedules them for a couple hours on evenings and weekends so people can find child care more easily.  For people who claim to love and value their kids so much, they sure do take every opportunity to leave them behind.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 9

Not a book in sight for the "bedtime stories".  Layla telling one of her fairy tales is all that Zade gets?  

Marriage Retreat really means Photo Op Retreat.  YaY!  Party! Party! 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Totally said:

Did I see a video of Layla with pink hair and false eyelashes or did I dream that? 

Yeah, Carlin was playing around with filters. No need to show that to hundreds of thousands of people. 

• Like 2
On 1/19/2024 at 12:29 PM, BetyBee said:

These 2 spend entirely too much time together, as it is. I can't imagine what they are hoping to achieve on this marriage retreat. C&E may be hoping to impart marital advice to the other couples!  🤮  I'm sure the other people in attendance work for a living and lead their lives as adults.

Content. That’s what they hope to get out of the marriage retreat.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Content. That’s what they hope to get out of the marriage retreat.

That word has lost all legitimate meaning, imho. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 5

So per Reddit - this week's YT is - Carlin is cleared to drive. So pregnancy #3 being conceived . . . at the marriage retreat? I mean if she can drive then life is going back to normal. She was weeping for a baby last summer and sooo sad she couldn't have one, he was pushing for a baby in Nov/Dec while she looked like she wasn't interested. I'm sure they decided to give her a month or 2 to get over her reluctance and get it done in the new year . . . .

On 1/19/2024 at 3:45 PM, BitterApple said:

The idea of the Stewarts going on a marriage retreat is laughable. Their entire lives are an escape from reality. 

C&E use some girl from her store to watch their kids. She watched them for last month's 2 day sexy time vacation and when Carlin went to the hospital for 5 days.

[As an aside IDK if anyone here is a royal watcher but Evan not coming home for 5 nights so he could stay with Carlin is a head scratcher even more so as you have Prince William now spending days/afternoons with Princess Kate and then he leaves late afternoon to be with his kids!? You know actual royals - where he could easily check out for 2 wks bc they have staff/nannies etc - but nope he feels he should be home bc Kate isn't?!]

Thing is this chick from the store is probably babysitting for extra cash, right? Why would she watch kids for 2-5 days at a time for free? Though who knows maybe she's a hanger oner and would do it for free just to be part of the Bates circle?

I could also see Evan being the type who pays strangers for things like babysitting but would be morally offended at the idea of paying MICHAEL for the same task - bc family, older sister, blah blah. I mean he expects stuff for free from his sisters as he's even said that as a 29 yr old man, he'll line up behind them so they'll buy his Sbux!?

Yes Josie & Kelton do pay Michael for babysitting - for the regular 2 days/wk, and I assume then they also pay for these longer jobs like the week in Europe or this 2 night marriage retreat. Michael has directly said that babysitting is her job - she does 2 days/wk for Josie + 1 day/wk for a non family child. Josie IMO was obnoxious about it at first CONSTANTLY referring to Michael as "the sitter." Maybe she didn't want to say she was using her sister or maybe she didn't want people to say she was taking advantage just bc Michael doesn't have kids etc. But at some point seems like Michael got a bit pissed off about it bc every time Josie would say something about "the sitter" on IG, Michael would post a pic being like "had such a great time with the girls at the playground/zoo etc." and then Josie would feel obligated to say something about the girls love Aunt Michael soooo much. That's calmed down now and Josie feels ok admitting that it's Michael watching the kids + Michael ok saying that it's a job.

C&E are beyond stupid. They have ZERO interest in raising their kids. They have Aunt Michael who LOVES kids and watches her nieces 2 days/wk and look how articulate/smart those nieces seem. Not that Josie/Kelton don't get credit - but I really think 16 hrs/wk of Michael doing activities with them, playing with them, answering their questions/talking has furthered their development. I mean Michael's way of watching kids is NOT - throw Doritos at them and park them in front of the TV. She's even shown before how she goes all out on Black Friday/back to school sales buying arts/crafts supplies, games, puzzles etc. to do with the kids she's watching all week. Layla - who basically still talks like a baby and has no creativity to be able to talk about anything besides makeup, nails, and hair - could totally benefit from 1-2 days/wk with Aunt Michael. But then Evan - paying, a family member, for his child's enrichment? LOL.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, cereality said:

So per Reddit - this week's YT is - Carlin is cleared to drive.

Not yet, she’ll be cleared to drive at the end of February if all is well until then.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2

I always thought it was weird too how Josie's hand had to be somewhat forced to admit Michael watches the girls. Similar to how Alyssa never gave Tikky credit for buying all those dresses until Tikky herself spilled the beans. Fundies are a weird bunch though, I never quite get their logic. 

Pregnancy #3 is 100% imminent. If Carlin can drive, there's no reason Evan can't go back to a full time job. If there isn't enough to do at BSB to keep Zach busy, there sure as hell isn't enough for Evan. The last thing Carlin wants is to be on her own with the kids all day, so a baby (plus the ensuing medical drama) will avoid that. 

• Like 9
(edited)
51 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Pregnancy #3 is 100% imminent. If Carlin can drive, there's no reason Evan can't go back to a full time job. If there isn't enough to do at BSB to keep Zach busy, there sure as hell isn't enough for Evan. The last thing Carlin wants is to be on her own with the kids all day, so a baby (plus the ensuing medical drama) will avoid that. 

Except he doesn't want to.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I always thought it was weird too how Josie's hand had to be somewhat forced to admit Michael watches the girls. Similar to how Alyssa never gave Tikky credit for buying all those dresses until Tikky herself spilled the beans. Fundies are a weird bunch though, I never quite get their logic. 

I think the sisters' interpersonal relations are a nightmare bc they were raised by moochers G&K and raised isolated so they never understood how to treat friends etc. I mean Gil NEVER admitted that someone provided something for free to him. It was always, the Lord willed us to have - a big house; orthodontics for the kids; groceries. Uh no - JB after listening to your whining for years re raising 18 kids in a cottage decided it would be a decent story line for TLC if 2 mega families were friends and finished off a bigger house for you; and some local Christian orthodontist felt sorry for you so he agreed to provide care in return for landscaping; and Lawson put food on your table as a teen bc he hustled at lawn care . . . the food didn't fall from the sky.

Cue Alyssa - she probably believes the Lord willed for her kids to look good on Sundays and also for her to get a few free trips to Miami. Uh no Alyssa, it wasn't the Lord, it was Tikky trying to be in your inner circle . . . .

Alyssa for a time had other "friends" that she was calling all the time. Once I remember she called them over to help set up an anniversary dinner for her/John - and the dinner was nothing - like charcuterie spread out on their patio table + cookies from a bakery. But she was having these people get organized and set everything up. She had them around setting up her gender reveal and some of the kids bday parties. And then she makes a YT recently where she goes "oh we wouldn't feature our REAL friends on social media . . . ." Lol so I'm sure those people - who thought they were helping bc they were friends are now gone upon learning they aren't REAL friends, they're just there to be used. Zero social abilities having never had actual real friends of their own and just being told their besties were their sisters.

I tend to agree with @BitterApple that Kelton strikes me a guy who does not want to owe anyone anything ESPECIALLY a Bates. Like I think 10 yrs from now he'd be royally pissed if any Bates took credit for his and Josie's success by being like - oh of course you guys could keep growing your businesses, you had Michael raising your kids. Not that I think Michael/Brandon are like that but as they become more successful over the years as his biz grows, I can definitely see G&K, Evan and Carlin saying that sort of thing in a hardy har har jealous way . . . . I can see Kelton wanting the ability to say - hey we paid Michael market rate and told her many times that she could quit anytime she didn't want to watch our kids, it would've been NBD bc we were paying market rate - we would've hired someone else.

Frankly I think if she wasn't married to Kelton, Josie would have NO problem mooching off of free childcare from Michael. Josie gives me the bitchy vibe and likely thinks - what else does childless Aunt Michael have to do all day and she's so desperate for kids, she should be honored that she gets to spend 16 hrs/wk with MY kids. I have a feeling it's Kelton who up front was like nope - Michael gets paid monthly just like the mortgage and electric. Frankly I feel like if Michael is only asking for payment for 2 times/wk regular childcare but is happily taking on some of these extras like a 2 day marriage retreat or the night of Kelton's business Christmas party as Aunt Michael, Kelton would still be the type who'd be like . . . uh I bought some great steaks, Josie lets have Michael/Brandon over for dinner next week or I picked up beautiful lamb chops - Josie when you drop off the girls, give some of them to your sister . . . . As much as we've talked about how J&K do NOT invite her family over, it is noticeable that once in a while Kelton will say - I made a great brisket, it's more fun to cook for others, so we're having Josie's sister over - and it'll always be M&B that's invited.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, cereality said:

As much as we've talked about how J&K do NOT invite her family over, it is noticeable that once in a while Kelton will say - I made a great brisket, it's more fun to cook for others, so we're having Josie's sister over - and it'll always be M&B that's invited.

I don't think Brandon is a moocher either so that's quite possibly a big part of why those two couples get along.  As opposed to the born to be grifters of Evan and Carlin.  Evan seems almost like he could teach Gil lessons.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

I'm still trying to get past Carlin needing that giant suitcase for a two night marriage retreat.  Not to mention, how will the rest of attendees feel if Carlin has her phone out all the time recording stuff to post publicly?  I've never been to a marriage retreat since I'm not married, but I imagine there are things discussed that people don't want spread all over the internet.

So what excuse will Evan use to keep lazing around if Carlin can drive?  I thought that was his excuse as to why he just couldn't go back to work.  I have a coworker whose wife can't drive due to health issues and while he sometimes has to be out of the office to get her to an appointment somewhere, he is usually around and working hard.  I also can't drive due to a disability, and I work full time and have for almost 40 years.  These people.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
7 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I'm still trying to get past Carlin needing that giant suitcase for a two night marriage retreat.  Not to mention, how will the rest of attendees feel if Carlin has her phone out all the time recording stuff to post publicly?  I've never been to a marriage retreat since I'm not married, but I imagine there are things discussed that people don't want spread all over the internet.

So what excuse will Evan use to keep lazing around if Carlin can drive?  I thought that was his excuse as to why he just couldn't go back to work.  I have a coworker whose wife can't drive due to health issues and while he sometimes has to be out of the office to get her to an appointment somewhere, he is usually around and working hard.  I also can't drive due to a disability, and I work full time and have for almost 40 years.  These people.

In my experience, for participants, marriage "retreats" are just an excuse to get out of the house and get some attention for a few days. Retreats don't offer any marital or psychological benefit like actual, non-fundie counseling would. 

For the churches themselves, retreats are a long con. It's just another way to get money out of their parishioners. 

Topic: I'd sure like to know what the pastor and parishioners actually think of the Stews. I imagine that when they're not playing keep sweet, their opinions aren't favorable. 

• Like 8