Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

On 9/10/2023 at 8:07 AM, Absolom said:

I think Jeremy realized Jinger needed to detox from her family and needed cord cutting time.

Given how JB interfered with Jill and Derick it was probably a good idea.

The Bateses have prepared none of their children for life in the real world.  Even Zach was upset when he went to training and was calling Whitney crying.  It would not surprise me to find that Bobby was looking for attention whether he physically cheated or not, but it would certainly reinforce the insecurity of Tori's sisters if he was let go due any form of improper relationship.  Carlin was at the point of that making an impact on how she dealt with her own marriage and now we have the two immature clowns going.  I'm still thrilled Layla gets to dance and be even the tiniest bit normal.

That is how I saw it

• Like 3

I wonder if the dance studio knows that the Stewarts have filmed Layla and another child and instructor in the studio. The kids were shown from behind but they put it on their instagram. I would think this is a big no no. They have no boundaries.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I wonder if the dance studio knows that the Stewarts have filmed Layla and another child and instructor in the studio. The kids were shown from behind but they put it on their instagram. I would think this is a big no no. They have no boundaries.

Their faces are shown in the beginning and briefly throughout the reel on IG.

• Sad 5
10 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I would be complaining loudly if my daughters were in the class.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Again, I am amazed by Zade's so laid-back personality.  In that clip of Layla painting that pumpkin with an "i I" (her letter of the day maybe?) he's just sitting next to his sister holding a small pumpkin but not bothering Layla as she paints.  He's not reaching for anything, trying to get to the paint or bothering Layla's work   He keeps looking back at whoever is filming, maybe wondering if they are going to help him.  I guess no did help him and he didn't get to paint his pumpkin, as they only showed Layla's finished work.  Or that is all I saw.  

• Sad 8

So I guess this was the week of parents and children (in some cases) cleaning as content. John/Alyssa do it with John complaining about all the rice on the floor. Evan/Carlin do it with Evan complaining about Zade getting rice all over the floor. And we have 25 minutes of Erin and Chad cleaning. Okay...seriously people. If you are short on content and think a cleaning/day in the life video is the best option, stop your vlog. 

I clean, cook, work, etc. every week. I don't record myself doing it.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
57 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I clean, cook, work, etc. every week. I don't record myself doing it.

And I sure as heck have no interest whatsoever in watching anyone else doing it.

Unless, of course, they're doing it in my house.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

These people just can't have an original thought.  One does a cleaning video, so they all have to do it.  Seriously, they all need to give up these YouTube channels and just live their lives.  I mopped the floors today.  It was not exciting enough to record myself doing it.

You would think we would be hearing endlessly about her preparing for the 5 day EEG since that is coming up soon.  Given how mundane their content is, you would think she could get a lot of milage out of packing her suitcase, packing Evan's snacks, etc.  Not that I want to see any of this, but it sounds like what she would do.

• Like 4

Yeah, they're all definitely missing the mark. I follow several homemaking vloggers, and they'll do "Clean With Me" videos, however the content has a clear focus. The vlogger will detail their methods and routine, give tips and hacks, product recommendations, etc. It's not just "watch me do shit." I think Erin was trying to go for a more tutorial vibe, but didn't pull it off effectively. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
21 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

You would think we would be hearing endlessly about her preparing for the 5 day EEG since that is coming up soon.  Given how mundane their content is, you would think she could get a lot of milage out of packing her suitcase, packing Evan's snacks, etc.  Not that I want to see any of this, but it sounds like what she would do.

You just gave them ideas for next weeks video.

• LOL 6
On 9/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, Meow Mix said:

You would think we would be hearing endlessly about her preparing for the 5 day EEG since that is coming up soon.  

Time enough for that 5-day thingy, she's got a ladies camping trip to get ready for.  Go go go, party party.  So much for those 2-3 times a week migraine with a day of recovery afterwards.  She's got way more important things to do like dumping a bucket of water on her 3-year-old. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Good Vlogs are difficult to make because you have to either have interesting things going on in your life, be a good story-teller,  or have a slightly different way to present the limited topics available to vloggers.

Some people when they do clean with me vlogs, they'll either offer tips on cleaning and/or will just update people on their lives.  Same with GRWM videos where some youtubers will show their make up techniques while other times, they're updating people on things as they put on their make up.

I like to think of youtube vlogs the same way as a podcast... it's familiar, comforting, and sometimes it helps one not feel so lonely (sort of like talk radio back in the day).

With that said, these Bates people need to be careful about featuring their kids so much because the kids didn't sign up for this.. and it's like the Bates kids are doing to their kids what their parents did to them (i.e. reality show, etc).

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I like to think of youtube vlogs the same way as a podcast... it's familiar, comforting, and sometimes it helps one not feel so lonely (sort of like talk radio back in the day).

That's so true, like the one girl who does true crime stories as she puts on her makeup. It's such a bizarre combo, but her content is really interesting and oddly relaxing. 

I also agree 100% about the kids. As I mentioned previously, I follow several lifestyle vloggers. None of them heavily feature their kids. You might see a glimpse of them from the side or the back, but not enough to where fans could develop an unhealthy attachment. I feel like Evan and Carlin crossed the line a long time ago in this regard. Layla is so stage-managed and the way she plays to the camera is a bit unsettling. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 11
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

They should skip the lifestyle vlogs and switch to doing movie and/or TV show reactions. Their very popular and they'd have a very long list since they haven't seen anything. Watching those two idiots reacting might be hilarious.

Problem is that you have to edit so much to make sure it isn't copyright claimed.  That would require work which we know our lovely couple is allergic to.

Maybe they could do child product reviews, etc.  People eat that stuff up.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Problem is that you have to edit so much to make sure it isn't copyright claimed.  That would require work which we know our lovely couple is allergic to.

Maybe they could do child product reviews, etc.  People eat that stuff up.

They need to keep their kids out of it. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Does anyone know if Carlin and Evan have given a recent update on Layla's growth issues?

The reason I ask is because Carlin posted reels of a family outing today. Khloe and Layla were standing together and I was shocked at the difference in size. Khloe is a head and a half taller, but I don't think there's a big age difference. I know everyone develops at their own pace, but it doesn't seem like Layla's changed much at all. Even in Alyssa's videos, it seems like Maci went from baby to little girl overnight. Hopefully Evan and Carlin are at least keeping on top of it and following up with their pediatrician (insert obvious laughter, here). 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone know if Carlin and Evan have given a recent update on Layla's growth issues?

The reason I ask is because Carlin posted reels of a family outing today. Khloe and Layla were standing together and I was shocked at the difference in size. Khloe is a head and a half taller, but I don't think there's a big age difference. I know everyone develops at their own pace, but it doesn't seem like Layla's changed much at all. Even in Alyssa's videos, it seems like Maci went from baby to little girl overnight. Hopefully Evan and Carlin are at least keeping on top of it and following up with their pediatrician (insert obvious laughter, here). 

Wow, Khloe seems to have had a growth spurt and Layla seems once again stalled. One would never guess they were close in age.

On another note who brings their kids out barefoot and in buckle shoes to some large park like place? Oh wait, we all know who - C&E.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

On another note who brings their kids out barefoot and in buckle shoes to some large park like place? Oh wait, we all no who - C&E.

I know, did you see poor Layla trip and fall as she was trying to climb the path up to the slide? Meanwhile, Khloe in sneakers races right past her. That's C&E, though. Life is just a giant photo shoot. Practicalities like comfort and safety aren't a priority. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

Carlin/Evan's latest video highlights how amateur they are with being on YT.

3 topics featured in the video (GRWM, a day in the life type of topic, and Evan singing/discussing a problem with his eyes).

Carlin opted to do a make up tutorial for the GRWM section...these are hard to film because you need the right lighting, perfect angle, and making sure you stay on topic.  Don't know if she succeeded..but I will say she does usually look nice when made up so good idea..but poor execution.

The day in the life section (Sunday routine)...normally that should be a separate video..but she was smart to have the GRWM section be used as part 1 of their day in the life (Sunday routine).

However..Evan's section should have been a separate video because it would appeal to a different audience.

2 videos = more $$

Two different topics in 2 separate videos = more viewers that might prefer Makeup/GRWM/family routine...and then separate viewers that might be interested in Evan's content.

• Like 3

Khloe Bates will be 4 in November and Layla will turn 4 in January 2024,  so about 3 months apart. While Maci Webster is just 2 and her speech is clearer and more mature sounding than Layla's. However Maci has 3 older siblings and that probably helps with her vocabulary. Not sure if she goes to the co-op school with her sisters.  Layla would surely benefit from being around other children her age or a little older in some type of preschool setting.  

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Or don't talk to much to her at all - if there's no camera present.

I think they barely notice her unless they need her for a photo op.  BTW, not that I am sure this is the reason, but children who are neglected are also prone to failure to thrive which can lead to not growing appropriately even if they take in enough calories.

Carlin and Evan seem like fairly average sized people, it doesn't seem like there would be a genetic reason for Layla's small stature.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1
Just now, Notabug said:

I think they barely notice her unless they need her for a photo op.  BTW, not that I am sure this is the reason, but children who are neglected are also prone to failure to thrive which can lead to not growing appropriately.

Carlin and Evan seem like fairly average sized people, it doesn't seem like there would be a genetic reason for Layla's small stature.

I agree. I mentioned that a while back. Pediatricians aren't concerned if kids are in the 5th percentile or the 90th. They only get concerned if there is a change in any sized child's growth pattern. Failure to thrive can show up in a number of ways and growth anomalies are the most obvious.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, zenme said:

You would think that with the two adults Layla would speak better—unless they baby talk to her.  

When those 2 adults are dolts who also have difficulty speaking proper English, she doesn’t have great role models, unfortunately. 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. I mentioned that a while back. Pediatricians aren't concerned if kids are in the 5th percentile or the 90th. They only get concerned if there is a change in any sized child's growth pattern. Failure to thrive can show up in a number of ways and growth anomalies are the most obvious.

Yeah, a child being tiny isn’t really a red flag by itself. My parents are average/tall. So are my sisters. Meanwhile, I spent my entire childhood in the fifth percentile. I finally grew, but I’m still on the smaller side, particularly for my family. It was never really a cause for concern for my doctor because I was consistent.

That doesn’t mean Carlin and Evan aren’t morons, because Layla’s poor diet isn’t doing her any favors. But her small size isn’t necessarily going to cause her doctor to dig into what they feed her.

As for her speech, a lot of these fundie kids seem to have delays and/or impediments. Probably a combination of isolation and ignorance. It’s like intellectual inbreeding. With each successive generation, the brains/speech/vocabulary/common sense will get weaker and weaker. Poor kids.

Edited by AgathaC
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, AgathaC said:

Yeah, a child being tiny isn’t really a red flag by itself. My parents are average/tall. So are my sisters. Meanwhile, I spent my entire childhood in the fifth percentile. I finally grew, but I’m still on the smaller side, particularly for my family. It was never really a cause for concern for my doctor because I was consistent.

That doesn’t mean Carlin and Evan aren’t morons, because Layla’s poor diet isn’t doing her any favors. But her small size isn’t necessarily going to cause her doctor to dig into what they feed her.

As for her speech, a lot of these fundie kids seem to have delays and/or impediments. Probably a combination of isolation and ignorance. It’s like intellectual inbreeding. With each successive generation, the brains/speech/vocabulary/common sense will get weaker and weaker. Poor kids.

It seems to me that a lot of these fundies simply don't know or care about early childhood enrichment activities.  Or they think it is sinful since so many of them are suspicious of education and educators.  The fact they often live isolated in a bubble and their kids don't have interaction with kids other than sibs and the parents don't seem to engage their kids in anything more than regurgitating Bible verses doesn't help, either.  So many of these kids would benefit from a simple preschool experience where attention was paid to them as children and they got to interact with children and adults and allowed to express themselves and use their imaginations and hear about ideas and themes other than the scariest Bible stories.

• Like 19
37 minutes ago, Notabug said:

It seems to me that a lot of these fundies simply don't know or care about early childhood enrichment activities.  Or they think it is sinful since so many of them are suspicious of education and educators.  The fact they often live isolated in a bubble and their kids don't have interaction with kids other than sibs and the parents don't seem to engage their kids in anything more than regurgitating Bible verses doesn't help, either.  So many of these kids would benefit from a simple preschool experience where attention was paid to them as children and they got to interact with children and adults and allowed to express themselves and use their imaginations and hear about ideas and themes other than the scariest Bible stories.

They care a lot about creating and birthing babies, but don’t seem to give much thought or care to what happens to them after that. (That goes for other people’s babies as well.)

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
6 hours ago, Notabug said:

It's a weird split, for sure. On one hand, they don't like school or education, but they are absolutely delighted to show their three year old sitting in a corner with a work book or rattling off a Bible verse with no comprehension whatsoever of that they're saying. On the other hand, the things that should be easy(ish) with all of these godly stay-at-home moms (play-based and social learning, reading to the kid, talking to the kid, counting things, noticing patterns, drawing pictures), stuff that could easily have a Christian theme, if that's what floats your boat, just don't seem to be happening. 

• Like 15

Screenshot from a video where Evan appears after he’s heard whistling in the background. He came in with something in his hand and of course Carlin participated in the nonsense. Layla did seem to be into what she was working on though.

0E710638-1056-4788-AC1C-D0A95EB8D444.jpeg

The angle she’s writing at seemed strange to me.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Looks like the Stewarts have moved past the new car stage.

image.png.a5d6c7ac55cd0410646e0db26c488d2a.png

Are they hoping for a sponsorship from Starbucks? 

Also, damn, that's a lot of empty calories to go with their empty heads. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 11