Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They're going to be in a world of hurt when the prairie style is no longer a thing.

I think with all that inventory they have to be in a world of hurt already!  😳

Successful businesses are very inventory conscious.  These racks and racks of dresses would make a professional owner/buyer faint!

• Like 10

And inexplicably they’ve announced more than once in the lead up to this sale that they have purchased more inventory just for this sale. Suggesting clear as day that the stacks and stacks of inventory they have are stale/out of style/out of season and they know if they just did a sale of those, people would buy 1 item or maybe just a slice of pizza (or whatever the food offering is this time) out of politeness and BSB would generate no real money. This is a desperate attempt to drive foot traffic w new goods in hopes to sell some old junk too.

This business is going to collapse on itself - under the weight of its own inventory. I do corporate bankruptcy work and I’ve seen it time and time again in retail. I’m convinced it’s creative accounting right now keeping this whole thing “profitable.” C&E should put aside any dreams they have of opening a store or franchising this - as they so eagerly brought up in the Q&A. It ain’t happening - the market for cheap clothes is more than captured by WMT, TJ Maxx, Burlington, Target etc and no business lasts where it caters to one small demographic - ie leghumpers who show up at these sales to get a pic w Law or Katie’s baby or whichever favorite Bates.

• Like 14

At first glance the store looks filled with nighties. 

If nothing else, seeing all those racks of dresses crammed together should wake them up so they know what fools they are having all their money tied up in crap inventory. They must be buying these dresses at $3 a piece from sweat shops.

It looks to me each one of those racks holds 50 - 100 dresses and I can see over 10 racks, so I'm guessing the have about 30. On the low end that's over 1500 dresses - yup 1500.

100 costumers would need to buy 15 dresses each to clear it out. 200 costumers buying 2 dresses each would move less than a 1/3.

I'll guess they'll get 150 fans/looky-loos/customers on Saturday and will sell maybe 30 dresses. 

The profit from 30 dresses won't even cover the cost of the recently purchased racks and hangers.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F9B5714E-8318-4FF9-9D17-1705921CAEEA.jpeg

E4C69F07-ED41-4183-81CF-597F5A8481B1.jpeg

9EC83198-1BD0-42B0-AE0B-A8C0B7A7DEE6.jpeg

Dress your kids in oatmeal, beige and boring day?

I agree, they clearly have way too much inventory on hand and it is going to come  back and bite them on the butt.  

There have got to be at least 1000 dresses on those racks and we can see lots more in the background.  I'm a little more optimistic than Ginger90, but I think they'll maybe move 300 dresses at their next sale.  Then what?  I imagine many of those who come to these sales are regular leghumpers who come to most of these things.  How many cheap, poorly made dresses can they possibly need, no matter how much they love the Bates?

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Are Carlin and Whit wearing BSB dresses for their 4 year anniversary party?

Doesn't look like it, does it?

• Like 11
11 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

I swear they have mentioned Evan going to school in their stories on Instagram.  Does anyone know if he is going for editing or something similar?

The one IG reference I’ve seen to school is stopping by school a few times to pick up paperwork re his union credential in case he wants to keep it active/ever get back in to electrical work. On their recent Q&A he said clearly - and proudly - that he’s never taken any kind of class re editing and when he needs to learn something he watches a YT video.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, cereality said:

And inexplicably they’ve announced more than once in the lead up to this sale that they have purchased more inventory just for this sale. Suggesting clear as day that the stacks and stacks of inventory they have are stale/out of style/out of season and they know if they just did a sale of those, people would buy 1 item or maybe just a slice of pizza (or whatever the food offering is this time) out of politeness and BSB would generate no real money. This is a desperate attempt to drive foot traffic w new goods in hopes to sell some old junk too.

This business is going to collapse on itself - under the weight of its own inventory. I do corporate bankruptcy work and I’ve seen it time and time again in retail. I’m convinced it’s creative accounting right now keeping this whole thing “profitable.” C&E should put aside any dreams they have of opening a store or franchising this - as they so eagerly brought up in the Q&A. It ain’t happening - the market for cheap clothes is more than captured by WMT, TJ Maxx, Burlington, Target etc and no business lasts where it caters to one small demographic - ie leghumpers who show up at these sales to get a pic w Law or Katie’s baby or whichever favorite Bates.

Absolutely.  Their people buy their clothing for the status they perceive as being one of the group to all their friends. 

Can you even imagine a Walmart or a target existing on a church group!

Somebody is filling their brains with unicorns and sunshine!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

So C&E took Layla to the movies along with Z& W and their 3 oldest kids. Layla is pictured holding a giant tub of popcorn whilst the other kid next to her, Khloe? I think, has what appears to be a small cup of popcorn. My first thought was, I can barely eat that much popcorn and second, how much ended up on the floor? Hopefully the bucket of popcorn was shared.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5466EB54-480E-4D9B-AFF8-3EB65AEF90D4.jpeg

C&E will do anything to shut her up. This won’t end well for Layla. Although I’m sure the popcorn was shared. Still, saying no is a necessary evil. If you want well behaved, well rounded children who are not considered brats. 

• Like 12

After reading through the last few pages of this thread I even more firmly believe that these two idiots shouldn't be entrusted with a cactus let alone two (or more) children.  I'm trying hard to think of one of these second generation kids of the Duggars and Bateses who haven't turned out to be a big disappointment.  Either they are like Erin and Alyssa spoiling their sons and stacking their daughters like firewood in tiny bedrooms, or they are living on social media and exploiting their kids like Carlin and Jessa and despite the back of the head nonsense Jinger.  Even Jill who married a guy with at least some ambition has turned out to be a disappointment because it is becoming clear that she is homeschooling her faceless children instead of giving them a chance at a better life than she had.  I feel very sorry for the third generation because there won't be the same reality show and YouTube money that their parents had.  Just grinding poverty and struggling to make a life when they are most likely functionally illiterate.

• Like 3
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
On 4/19/2023 at 6:47 PM, ginger90 said:

5466EB54-480E-4D9B-AFF8-3EB65AEF90D4.jpeg

Ok, this is completely gross. They put popcorn in the cup holder. I’m pretty sure those don’t always get cleaned. Yuck. I was in this situation on Sunday. I simply laid a paper towel on a tray and put a handful of popcorn on it. The idea of putting it into that cup well grossed me out. 

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 4/19/2023 at 5:19 PM, SMama said:

C&E will do anything to shut her up. This won’t end well for Layla. Although I’m sure the popcorn was shared. Still, saying no is a necessary evil. If you want well behaved, well rounded children who are not considered brats

Cue the Oompa Loompas and their Veruca Salt song...

8 hours ago, zenme said:

Ok, this is completely gross. They put popcorn in the cup holder. I’m pretty sure those don’t always NEVER get cleaned. Yuck. I was in this situation on Sunday. I simply laid a paper towel on a tray and put a handful of popcorn on it. The idea of putting it into that cup well grossed me out. 

• Like 6
On 4/19/2023 at 5:19 PM, SMama said:

C&E will do anything to shut her up. This won’t end well for Layla. Although I’m sure the popcorn was shared. Still, saying no is a necessary evil. If you want well behaved, well rounded children who are not considered brats. 

Yeah, I wonder if Layla pitched a fit over the popcorn when the adults tried to portion it out, so Carlin just plunked the tub down in her lap to keep her quiet. I saw the videos and aside from Kaci, nobody had any popcorn on their trays. Evan and Carlin are setting that kid up for a lot of bad habits by constantly placating her with junk. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

I know there are varying opinions on this but last I knew popcorn wasn’t recommended for children under 4. Layla turned 3 in January. I wouldn’t put that much in front of a child her age regardless. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

So everyone who was there squished together in that one picture to look like a larger crowd of people?  Wonder how much clothing was actually purchased.  They would have had to sell quite a lot to make anything after purchasing all those racks and hangers.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Looks like they managed to have a bunch of stuff piled onto tables, too, which I suppose is a step up from being on the floor, but just a tiny step.

Considering the sheer amount of merchandise crammed onto those racks as well as the number of people crammed shoulder to shoulder between the racks, no one can get a good look at anything, let alone circulate around the space to get a look at how things were laid out so they could really shop.  

Even with the racks, this 'sale' is not conducive to actually making sales.  I could see plenty of people arriving expecting to really shop and leaving with either one item or nothing because of the chaos.

• Like 10
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2B8A1AAD-3ED5-4E72-95C3-651473F8F277.jpeg

Evan is such a childish, douchey, thirsty famewhore. 

1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

So everyone who was there squished together in that one picture to look like a larger crowd of people?  Wonder how much clothing was actually purchased.  They would have had to sell quite a lot to make anything after purchasing all those racks and hangers.

Creative accounting, my friend. Extremely easy when businesses deal in cash purchases. 

1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

Probably a superspreader event as well, lol. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Anything is possible but the video panned about 75% of the space and it looked like that mess throughout.

Either way, it’s too many people, not in a good way.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I totally would have had an anxiety attack in that place. I didn't notice many people carrying merch, either. I wonder how well they actually did? 

I hear you! I wouldn’t be able to even walk through the door.

There were quite a few meet and greet type pictures posted. I saw no pictures of anyone with a wonderful haul of merchandise.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Same thing every month. The videos show people crammed shoulder to shoulder, waiting in line to get in blah blah. Yet at the end of the day/the next day when they do their ritual - OMG we're soooooo tired but it was sooooo good to see all of our special "friends" - you look over their shoulders to a store that is still PACKED with inventory. Like it does not look all that much different than the shots they show before the sale starts.

So they're overbuying inventory + their customers aren't buying much. From what we've seen in the IG videos tagging BSB, it's Bates fan girls that head to these sales to get their pics with Whit/Carlin/Kelly/Law/whoever, making them feel like they are "friends" if they attend monthly and then they probably buy 1 piece of clothing out of politeness. And agree with whoever above said - maybe some people WOULD buy more but when they arrive and it's shoulder to shoulder and they can barely see the inventory/find sizes, they leave or if they want pics with Carlin/Whit and want to be able to say hey look I bought stuff - they buy 1 thing.

And out of all those people, I saw ONE lady in a mask and my first reaction - I can see Whit being like "ew why does that lady have a mask" and turning away/moving her kids. IDK why but Whit gives me that kind of bitchy vibe. And I can see Carlin/Evan helpfully telling that lady that she doesn't need a mask/covid is over/blah blah.

So you know they posted the YT Q&A last week to bump their views up. Guess what they STILL didn't get over 166k - the 160s have been their max lately whether it's Z's birthday or Carlin's health or whatever with tons of weeks in between with only 115-130k. I mean they just aren't breaking 200k anymore. Cue pregnancy any second now . . . .

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I totally would have had an anxiety attack in that place. I didn't notice many people carrying merch, either. I wonder how well they actually did? 

Omg, I just watched the video and that crowd of people jammed into the warehouse damn near triggered me into a panic attack. Do these women realize they can order the exact same dresses off Amazon for about what they'd pay at the BSB "sale" (which let's be real, isn't really a sale). I would've parked my ass at the taco truck and called it a day. I must seriously underestimate the power of D-list social media fame because there's no way I could deal with that chaos just to see Bates in the wild. 

• Like 12
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Kelly has entered the chat.....

Has anyone seen pictures of Mama B at the meet and greet? I saw a quick reel of Kelly holding Zade and she was a mess. Unkempt hair, stupid denim Blouse and skirt. I hope that was yesterday during prep.

Carlin and Whitney know how to do hair and makeup. You’d think they would glam up Kelly, and have her wear a BSB dress. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1