Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E03: Going Mobile

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

So they are trying to hook Jack up with Gibbs. Big mistake because she has more chemistry with Vance but I guess they always have to throw all the women at Gibbs because supposedly he's so damn irresistible. Gibbs looks too old for her anyways, he has the aura of an old ass man while Vance looks like he's in his prime.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 5

I kind of liked the case.  It was interesting.  But, I just realized that I have no idea why that was an NCIS case.  I must have missed something.

Oh, the Ziva stuff.  ugh.  She came.  She left.  Get over it.  And, no, she's not Gibbs' daughter.  That's just weird and inappropriate.  He was her boss.  However, I think Jack's wrong.  He should look for her.  Mostly because at this point I don't think she wants him to and that would teach her to get all whiney.

Which brings me to my fave part, actually my second fave part.  "Why didn't you look for her?" "Because she was dead."  Thank you.

My fave part was the scene with  Ducky and Gibbs and the two chemical people.  

I thought Torres was going to point Jack back to McGee.  Guess nobody cared about McGee.  Not that I didn't think all that sending Jack to the others was stupid, but whatever.

• Love 6

I'm not sure why I didn't appreciate this episode more, but it didn't feel right.  Too many confrontations, too many Ziva references, too much inept flirting between Jack and whoever. 

No supervisor worth his or her salary would tolerate that kind of disjointed effort.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

But, I just realized that I have no idea why that was an NCIS case.  I must have missed something.

I think the dead guy had been a Marine, but I'm not sure.  There's been tons of episodes where I don't think there's much connection to the Navy or Marines.  The show doesn't even feel like a military show anymore.  It's just another 'super-cops who don't have any rules' show.  

• Love 3

I liked this episode, a simple murder case with a good investigation. Loved seeing Ducky get some action, I loved the Gibbs/Ducky scene with the company executive. Everyone got some good scenes tonight and it was a good case from start to finish. 

I like the current team, I don’t miss Tony (I hated him 99% of the time), Ziva or Abby, everyone seems more professional now and I like the show better. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Camille said:

As was Hollis Mann.

Not a wife, a girl friend.  Jerry Lind Ryan was  a wife of of Nathan Ford on Leverage. A passing girlfriend for Giggs.

2 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Not a wife, a girl friend.  Jerry Lind Ryan was  a wife of of Nathan Ford on Leverage. A passing girlfriend for Gibbs, as was Hollis.

Edited by Gramto6
I on't know what is going one with the quote and correction...
14 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I like the current team, I don’t miss Tony (I hated him 99% of the time), Ziva or Abby, everyone seems more professional now and I like the show better. 

I don't think they were acting particulary professional last night, but I take your point in general. I don't miss any of the characters either, with the possible exception of Abby.  I didn't hate Tony or Ziva, but I love Mcgee and Bishop, so I'm good.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Katy M said:

I kind of liked the case.  It was interesting.  But, I just realized that I have no idea why that was an NCIS case.  I must have missed something.

The body was found on a Naval Base so I guess that gives NCIS jurisdiction. The victim wasn't actually a Marine so the synopsis was incorrect.

• Love 2

I think I’m done. For the first time since the show started, I actually fell asleep watching. Definitely not what the writers had in mind. And I don’t think this team is professional in any way, shape or form. Torres and Bishop are like two toddlers most of the time. I liked bishop when she first came on but Torres never resonated with me. YMMV of course but I would be perfectly happy if they both left tomorrow.

And just like that Ziva’s gone? So what was the point of her even returning?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

And just like that Ziva’s gone? So what was the point of her even returning?

So that the team could fawn all over her and then stir up angst and drama over her departure?

• Love 9

OK, help me out here, ladies. There are a lot of posts out there that are saying that it is "obvious" from this last episode, that Gibbs and Sloane "hooked up over Christmas." I saw the "Merry Christmas" note Gibbs (I assume) wrote and stuck on the elephant picture; however, I assumed that the "elephant in the room" conversation had to do with Ziva, although I didn't understand the "Christmas" reference. I didn't catch on to any clues of a hook up, especially at Christmas, so what did I miss? Thanks, all! 

I actually didn’t hate this episode. I have trouble with Sloane, because her function is fuzzy to me. I think her title is just an Agent like everyone else, but clearly is the pseudo-shrink, complete with private office upstairs and Rorschach image on the wall. If Sloane is in fact a licensed, qualified therapist she should be treated as such and not pretend she can just grab her gun and do casework with everyone else. I know about her history in the Sandbox. But that squad wouldn’t have her wear both hats, sorry.

This always brings me back to the terrible usage of Ducky as some sort of “Profiler in a Box.”  Back in the early days of NCIS someone with influence told the writers that they needed to compete with Criminal Minds, so someone has to be a “Profiler.” Suddenly Ducky, a Medical Examiner, takes a weekend Profiling 101 course at the Community College and now he’s Roy Hazelwood and John Douglas.  To this day, they go to Ducky for off the cuff, 100% profiles of individuals he barely knows anything about. I absolutely hate this part of the show. It’s a little insulting.

Anyway, the Ziva thing did cause some serious chemistry issues with the squad, and if Sloane really is a kinda sorta therapist it would be her job to try to pull them together. That was a reasonable storyline. She even did thaw out Gibbs a bit. That part of the episode wasn’t bad, as was the case they investigated, which was reasonably interesting.

I have to say, though Torres becomes more and more childlike in every episode. I never warmed up to this guy like I did Bishop, but his personality is simply one of a  Jr High kid who can barely function in his home room, let alone a federal agent doing the job. His bizarre interaction with Ziva when they first met sounded like a lunch room come-on, the fake fight thing is stupid and he brings absolutely nothing of value to the table.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SG11 said:

I have to say, though Torres becomes more and more childlike in every episode. I never warmed up to this guy like I did Bishop, but his personality is simply one of a  Jr High kid who can barely function in his home room, let alone a federal agent doing the job. His bizarre interaction with Ziva when they first met sounded like a lunch room come-on, the fake fight thing is stupid and he brings absolutely nothing of value to the table.

I would have preferred it if he was upset about something else and Bishop just assumed it was the fight. Or was deflecting off from herself and just grabbed at the fight. But, the fact that he kept insisting that he let Ziva win kind of blows that.  Because, yes, that was just being a big baby.  And even though I like Bishop, I think that all her feelings regarding Ziva are ridiculous.  I would never call a real person's feelings ridiculous because I believe that your feelings are your feelings and you are entitled to them.  But, since she's not real, and they don't make any sense, I'm going to "feelings shame."  I feel like Gibbs and McGee are the only ones that had any right to be shaken by Ziva's appearance and disappearance.

• Love 3
On 10/8/2019 at 9:54 PM, Katy M said:

I may be mistaken, but wasn't the truck at the gate to the Navy Yard when the body was discovered?  That definitely would make it NCIS' jurisdiction.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SG11 said:

I’d help, but apparently only ladies need answer.

My most sincere apologies, SG11! That was not well-done of me! I would welcome your help, of course! Lesson learned. 😊

• Love 1

Sloane and Gibbs? Really show? I thought that they may do something different for once and pair her up with Vance who IMO had more scenes with her last year, but I have seen nothing last season that would bring this on. I do like that Sloane is more tolerable this year because the actress has dialed back the botox so her face finally moves.

• Love 1

Gibbs and Sloan obviously split a bottle of bourbon at Christmas after the end of a case, but the conversation leading up to that was all that was shown.  I think everyone was left to decide if anything beyond that happened.

21 hours ago, laredhead said:

Gibbs and Sloan obviously split a bottle of bourbon at Christmas after the end of a case, but the conversation leading up to that was all that was shown.  I think everyone was left to decide if anything beyond that happened.

Thanks, Laredhead! I obviously didn't get the connection in this episode, but, gee whiz, if Gibbs shagged everyone with whom he ever split a bottle of bourbon, then I think we could safely say that he's schtupped pretty much everyone he knows, including Ducky, Tony, Vance, Fornell, Franks, Ziva, Mallison Hart (Remember the "What the hell's a Mallison?" crack by Abby a few years ago?), and every other Holocene hominid that ever wandered into his basement. Busy guy; no wonder his knees gave out a few years ago.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 10/8/2019 at 11:54 PM, Gramto6 said:

Not a wife, a girl friend.  Jerry Lind Ryan was  a wife of of Nathan Ford on Leverage. A passing girlfriend for Giggs.

Actually Jeri Ryan played Rebecca Chase, Gibbs' third wife and second divorce.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, kassygreene said:
On 10/8/2019 at 8:54 PM, Gramto6 said:

Actually Jeri Ryan played Rebecca Chase, Gibbs' third wife and second divorce.

But she'll always be Seven of Nine to me. 

• Love 4

"Not a wife, a girl friend.  Jerry Lind Ryan was  a wife of of Nathan Ford on Leverage. A passing girlfriend for Giggs."

Jerry Ryan was a friend of Sophie's, occasionally used on cons.  Nathan's ex was played by Kari Matchett.  

But even though the truck was going to the shipyard, no way it was an NCIS case.  The guy was a grocery store manager.

• Useful 1
On 10/9/2019 at 2:58 PM, Sake614 said:

And I don’t think this team is professional in any way, shape or form. Torres and Bishop are like two toddlers most of the time. I liked bishop when she first came on but Torres never resonated with me. YMMV of course but I would be perfectly happy if they both left tomorrow.

Same! The old team used to bicker but these guys just whine. They don't strike me as competent agents at all.

When Sloan first came on, I figured they would pair her off with Gibbs because each would be the one person the other would open up and talk to, but that's not happening and I agree Gibbs looks too old for it now.

Mark Harmon is 68...tough old bird for sure....which sounds really stupid when I say it, he's a year older than me! And I'm not old...

I'm wondering if Leon will move to another position & Gibbs will become Director.