Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

36 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

I hate when Phil says there is never a reason to hit a woman.  Sorry, but if you are a woman and you hit a man in anger, then you get what you get.  Woman think they can just go off on a guy then cry abuse when he finally hits back.  BTW I am a woman

Yea he never follows it up with .. " there's never a reason to hit a guy either ." Why not just say that there's never a reason to hit anyone ? 

The kid on the show did look a little too happy but I can't blame him for his reactions because if I had to live like that and with those people , I don't know what I'd do . 

I did like the mother standing up to phil at times ., and told him she knew exactly what he was gonna say that it's a family problem and that the tail is wagging the dog ( in a passive aggressive way )because it's true . He says the same lines every episode and you can tell she couldn't stand being in his presence but she probably just wanted the free resources . I like that she wasn't kissing his ass like most guests do . That daughter is a nightmare . 

• Love 8
On 10/7/2018 at 8:44 AM, Jaded said:

It's a nickname I made up for him. I'm one who still hasn't forgotten he got sued over a weight loss line in the early 2000's where there was a $10 mil settlement. Then his later weight loss books where he never took his own advice and stayed chubby while trying to tell everyone else how to loose weight. I always thought if he wanted to go there he should have participated too so he could be the best example of how his own products and advice actually worked.  

I went to amazon to read reviews the day he announced his diet book knowing full well there would be many.  All were all 5 stars and full of praise.  The book hadn't been out one full day, never mind long enough to claim great results!  I expected to find this to be the case and why I looked.  Not one of them mentioned getting an advanced copy.  I wonder how many he sold.  Enough I guess for a lawsuit.  **shrug**

I don't have a problem with Phil per se but it is time to change the topics/guests or something.  Every show is the same with an occasional exception.  I record his shows but watch very few.  I haven't watched since Tyler Perry's 'wife' was on and I think that was a summer rerun.   I can't blame him for saying the same things repeatedly because he has the same situations over and over again.  Wild children and addicts. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2

Next week's schedule:

10/15: A Family Claims Their Former Model Daughter Won't Stop Lying

Musician Jimmy and his wife say his 37-year-old daughter has made all sorts of outrageous, untrue accusations against them.

10/16: Dr. Phil, Can You Save My Marriage? and The Dubrows on Diets, Date Nights and OC Disasters

Marcea says her soon-to-be-ex-husband paid a ransom to prevent himself from being exposed as a sugar daddy; Dr. Terry and Heather Dubrow (book "The Dubrow Diet").

10/17: Being Gary Busey

Actor Gary Busey's new autobiography tells of his ups and downs of almost 50 years in Hollywood, surviving a drug overdose, and what he says led to his addiction; Busey's doctor discusses the actor's traumatic brain injury from a motorcycle accident.

10/18: Deconstructing Privilege

What "white privilege" really means and what can be done about it; Rene says she was wrongly accused of using her white privilege to harass a street vendor; legal assistant Quevaughn says he was singled out and viciously attacked at a pizzeria.

10/19: Evicted and Homeless: My Daughter Is Not Capable of Being a Mother

LiAnne, who admits she has made some mistakes, says her mother went behind her back and stole custody of her children; her mother says LiAnne was evicted and homeless and is now living with her business partner, who ruined her life

So yesterday's show.  Another wacked out kid (although she was an adult).  But this time the parents were in over their heads, funny how others don't get that same treatment.  This was because he was friends with the parents.  And no this is a family problem.  

14 hours ago, Jaded said:

I think the formula of the show has run its course.  He may be the #1 show because he's pretty much all there is anymore.  I like watching the older shows on OWN (by the way, on another topic, anyone think that OWN may be going under?  Probably 1/3 of her programming is the older eps of this show, which she owns and doesn't cost her anything to run?).  But the difference between these older shows, where he's engaged and not relying on platitudes, is so different than what little I'm seeing on this season (17).

The guests aren't remotely interesting and he knows it, or he would be more engaged.  There are never any update shows because, I'm willing to bet, there are no success stories anymore.  Famewhores who just want to be on TV are all he can get and the average viewer just isn't interested.  He may be the #1 show, but I have to wonder how much is viewership is down over, say, 5 years ago.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 2

I think I'm done with this show. I have only even bothered to record a couple of episodes in the last month, and with both of them I lost interest and deleted them within 5 minutes. I will periodically check to see if there are any catfish episodes, which are the only good Dr. Phil episodes now.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

The article mentions that he's currently the #1 syndicated talk show, so unfortunately he probably won't be ending it any time soon.

I thought Judge Judy still held that title?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Judge Judy is not a talk show . . . she's number one overall in syndicated shows.  Phil is just number one for talk shows.

Ok. Thanks for edumacatin' me (as Judge Judy litigants would say!). That makes sense. 

Where I live, Dr. Phil is aired the same time as Ellen DeGeneres. But I don't consider Dr. Phil to be in the same genre of "talk show entertainment" as Ellen. It's two different worlds. It's like comparing Joel Osteen to QVC.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3
On 10/13/2018 at 11:53 AM, iHateAmpersands said:

Next week's schedule:

10/16: Dr. Phil, Can You Save My Marriage? and The Dubrows on Diets, Date Nights and OC Disasters

Marcea says her soon-to-be-ex-husband paid a ransom to prevent himself from being exposed as a sugar daddy; Dr. Terry and Heather Dubrow (book "The Dubrow Diet").

My TiVo found this episode so objectionable that it refuses to allow kttmg to download it.  Anyway,  these are two people who are afraid to be alone.  Plus, I'm pretty sure the husband knows that once he moves out, there will be no one to take care of him.  That's why he wants to continue living in the house and 'co-parent'.  Sadly, I'm familiar with this proposal. 

He won't leave until she physically kicks him out. I had to lock the doors on my ex.

• Love 2
On 10/16/2018 at 6:54 PM, Madding crowd said:

It looks like next week are the catfish/scam episodes. I’ll be back then.

"Scam Week" doesn't start until next Thursday, which just so happens to be the first day of November sweeps (I'm guessing it's going to be from the 25th to the 31st).

Today's show about white privilege was one I was interested in seeing, but it ended up being kind of boring.

• Love 2

I was catching up on some shows from a few weeks ago, and I just cannot believe this man's inflated sense of self.  His ego cannot stand to be challenged.  I would love to see someone come along and "Dr. Phil" his ass.  I purposely did not watch today's show because of the content.  I would still be yelling at the TV, and my brain just can't handle it.

• Love 2
On 10/17/2018 at 1:52 PM, Brattinella said:

I must say, although I was never a fan of Gary Busey, I most certainly am now!  He is so charming, articulate and spiritual, I am so happy I saw this episode today!!

I always thought Gary Busey was batshit crazy. Then I saw him on an episode of Joan Rivers "in Bed With Joan" (a short-lived TV show from a long time ago). Anyway, Joan had Gary as a guest and I really enjoyed him. A very kind, caring, creative person, who might possibly be weird just because he's extremely intelligent. His wife was on the show as well and she seemed sweet and had a very calm demeanor.

The only time i watch Phil, is when he's got a catfish story. I love those! I don't find joy in old, desperate people getting duped. But they ALL can't be that stupid. I think some of them go into the online relationship knowing it could be a scam but they so desperately need to fill that void of loneliness, they end up falling for "their true love" from Nigeria!

• Love 3

Next week:

10/22: A Meddling Father-in-Law Who Allegedly Trapped His Son on His Compound

Jorell and his wife say they fear his father will never stop trying to convince them to return to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and that his father forced him to stay on his "compound" for several days.

10/23: My Mother Is Dating the Man Who Abused My Sister

Alyssa, an 18-year-old college student, says she is horrified that her mom, Carla, is dating Ron, the man who was convicted of assaulting her baby sister 12 years ago.

10/24: My African American Daughter Believes She Is Caucasian

Treasure, 16, is African-American, but aligns herself with European-Americans, and has racist views against other African-Americans.

10/25: Exclusive: Hawaii Yoga Twin Who Drove Off Cliff With Sister

Alexandria and Anastasia Duval make headlines when, after a fight, their car plunges off a 200-foot cliff on Hawaii's notorious Hana Highway, killing one twin instantly and leaving the other on trial for her murder. (This doesn't appear to have anything to do with scams, so I expect this episode to change to something else.)

10/26: A Therapist Involved in a Money-Laundering Scam Faces Prison Time

A marriage counselor may go to prison after falling for a catfish scam, believing she is romantically involved with an actor from "The Walking Dead," being taken for thousands of dollars, and being put in the middle of a criminal conspiracy.

• Love 1

So glad to see that I'm not the only one who really only cares about the catfish shows !  Thanx guys !   Like you also, so tired of "my grown kid is a total mess but I can't kick him out".    Every Saturday I check drphil.com to see if there's a catfish show - if there is, I make a mental note .. if not, I mentally tune out til the following Saturday.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Next week:

10/25: Exclusive: Hawaii Yoga Twin Who Drove Off Cliff With Sister

Alexandria and Anastasia Duval make headlines when, after a fight, their car plunges off a 200-foot cliff on Hawaii's notorious Hana Highway, killing one twin instantly and leaving the other on trial for her murder. (This doesn't appear to have anything to do with scams, so I expect this episode to change to something else.)

Hmm  the former ID Discovery channel fan in me says one twin killed the other in the accident to assume her identity.  (I could google to find out but where's the fun in that).

• Love 3

Watching today's show about the meddling Father ...Shill just told him that he thinks the Father is a condescending know-it -all!! Wow all I could think of was...Takes one to know one, huh Shill!!

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Monie said:

Watching today's show about the meddling Father ...Shill just told him that he thinks the Father is a condescending know-it -all!! Wow all I could think of was...Takes one to know one, huh Shill!!

Phil is hypocritical.  I can't stand the FIL though.  He's a nutbag and the son & daughter in law need to cut ties and be done with him. He won't stop. If he's a religious fanatic, what makes them think he'll stop with trying to control their lives?

Also, it is a wonder that the FIL lies so easily since he thinks he is so religious. 

No. Phil. No. Stop patting this father on the back for his terrible behavior. WTF are you doing?

Edited by kitcatkitcat
  • Love 4

SCAM WEEK! SCAM WEEK! SCAM WEEK!

Black Market Baby Selling!

I'm dating Jeffrey Dean Morgan over the internet!

Twin Murdered by Other Twin!

Oooh, that's what Mama likes. 

Actually today's episode with Doomsday Dad and his son's (Jorell!) love affair with the Jazz Cigarettes (The Devil's Cabbage. The Demon Weed.) was a nice amount of nuts after weeks and weeks of adult children and the adult parents who have tried nothing and are all out of ideas. 

• Love 6

Uh he doesn't need a brain mapping for therapy for mTBI or TBI.  What the hell are you talking about Phil?

He's already had occupational therapy and they've already done the treatment/surgical intervention.  This is for biofeedback and/or behavioral therapy which teaches him how to cope without drugs.  

Neither of those require brain mapping but LOL OKAY. 

Sometimes I think Phil says stuff just sound important. 

• Love 4

I watched the show today and near the end, the camera went to Robin. OMG. What has that woman done to her face?! She doesn’t even look like herself anymore. I wonder if she’s suffering from some serious illness or something. Yikes.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I watched the show today and near the end, the camera went to Robin. OMG. What has that woman done to her face?! She doesn’t even look like herself anymore. I wonder if she’s suffering from some serious illness or something. Yikes.

She also looks like she weighs about 67 lbs.  Get some help, Robin!

• Love 4

Wow.  The mom who was on today just needs to give custody of both girls to the grandma.  Go off with the abuser, baby daddy.  She's not at all interested in those girls.  

A baby can get shaken baby syndrome from bouncing on a knee?  And many people have been convicted for just handling a premie roughly.  Right.  She bought everything the BFF told her - she's been 'dickmatized' by him.

And Phil, telling this abuser he's going to be the center of attention, and everyone will be watching him, coming for him - why are you giving him advice?  Tell him to man up and not be an abusive jackass?  Maybe send his ass to some center to deal with his anger management issues?  Did he even offer up counseling for the girls and grandma?  Mom is delusional; she's like a teenager in love with her first boyfriend, believing everything he says, so not sure there's any hope for her. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hoosier80 said:

Wow.  The mom who was on today just needs to give custody of both girls to the grandma.  Go off with the abuser, baby daddy.  She's not at all interested in those girls.  

A baby can get shaken baby syndrome from bouncing on a knee?  And many people have been convicted for just handling a premie roughly.  Right.  She bought everything the BFF told her - she's been 'dickmatized' by him.

And Phil, telling this abuser he's going to be the center of attention, and everyone will be watching him, coming for him - why are you giving him advice?  Tell him to man up and not be an abusive jackass?  Maybe send his ass to some center to deal with his anger management issues?  Did he even offer up counseling for the girls and grandma?  Mom is delusional; she's like a teenager in love with her first boyfriend, believing everything he says, so not sure there's any hope for her. 

Sadly, people like this woman are attracted to child abusers.  The abusers lavish attention on the adult so the adult won't notice the abuse they're heaping on the children.  When someone points out what is going on, they'll whine about how they're happy and why won't people let them be happy? And the parent will usually blame the child for the conflict with the abuser.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Yea...she looked pretty rough today?...I always used to think she was an attractive woman. Why did she think she needed cosmetic surgery?! 

2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

"Dickmatized"...LOL!!! She is definitely one of those idiots thay has to have man, no matter how bad he is!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kitcatkitcat said:

Sadly, people like this woman are attracted to child abusers.  The abusers lavish attention on the adult so the adult won't notice the abuse they're heaping on the children.  When someone points out what is going on, they'll whine about how they're happy and why won't people let them be happy? And the parent will usually blame the child for the conflict with the abuser.

Gosh they sure cut this episode off at the pass early.  Wonder why?  All to get the Phizer lady on??

• Love 5

The Pfizer lady never has anything interesting to say-get a flu shot and if you are over 65, a pneumonia shot. I’m guessing Pfizer pays a lot for her to shill on shill.

As for the show today, it makes me sick that this woman showed little concern for her tiny baby then and her daughters now. No, most parents of premies  don’t cause brain bleeds and fractures on their babies. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 7

Oh, mama. Today's self-hating racist reminds me of any number of young YouTube racists who are out there trying to get views.

Maybe her gimmick will get her a deal with Breitbart or Rebel Media, but I don't even think Diamond and Silk would have her. 

What hath Rachael Dolezal wrought?

• Love 6

Treasure has so many issues.  She was definitely racist, but it was even more than that.  The whole I'm perfect crap.  She was so smart, beautiful, on a different level.  When Phil quoted actual prison statistics from the Federal Bureau of Prisons, nope you're wrong, you have wrong facts.  As even a teenager, had I acted that disrespectful in front of any adult, every privilege I had would have been gone - for months.  

I also noticed that the mom and brother had lighter skin tones, like a shade or two lighter.  I believe that darker skinned black people have been put down, even among their race.  Several models and actors/actresses  have broken through the stereotype that darker skinned people are not attractive.  Just wondering if someone said something to her - could have been an offhand remark, when she was little, that set her off on the "I'm Caucasian" mantra.  She thought for years her dad was white, then mom says oh btw, he wasn't your dad.  But mom said this started around age 5; she's 16 and dad died 6 years ago?  So she was 10 when she found out he wasn't her bio-dad.  Mom I think was way too coddling with her.   If she didn't want to be around her AA family, I'd tell her, you can go into foster care, or go get emancipated, try living on your own.  

Phil didn't ask if she had any friends.  I doubt she has any.  Could've also dropped her off at a KKK rally or white supremacist function, and see how she fared there.  Her attitude would get her in trouble anywhere.  The front of "I'm better than anyone else" is going to get her in trouble.  Her brother is right; she says something to the wrong person, she will end up in the hospital or worse.  She doesn't believe in empathy.  So guessing no church or any spiritual background there.  Phil also could've dumped her on the street (with a producer or camera crew nearby - but under orders not to give her any money).  Let her see what it's like not to have shelter and food.  Then see how she feels about giving a homeless person money, then taking it back - just so she could laugh about it.

Why couldn't he sent her to one of those tough love ranches?  She's a minor, so Mom could sign off on it.

If she's hoping for some 'fame', she'd better hire security first.   I do think she's got a lot of self hate going on - really not a ploy for fame.

• Love 4

I think that “racist” kid on Shill’s show today was such a scammer. She’s gotten all of the attention she wanted being on Shill’s show. I don’t think she believes one crazy word she says. She’ll be the next “Cashmeouside” idiot and make a million dollars. So what was actually accomplished today with this show? She wouldn’t agree to go to any camp or counseling and Phil knew she wouldn’t agree to do anything like that. Why was this even on TV today?

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I had to mute the Pfizer lady; I already know all that crap and I don't need to be manipulated and guilted into vaccinations.

I don't trust anyone that works for Big Pharma!!$$$

• Love 7

She can 

2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I think that “racist” kid on Shill’s show today was such a scammer. She’s gotten all of the attention she wanted being on Shill’s show. I don’t think she believes one crazy word she says. She’ll be the next “Cashmeouside” idiot and make a million dollars. So what was actually accomplished today with this show? She wouldn’t agree to go to any camp or counseling and Phil knew she wouldn’t agree to do anything like that. Why was this even on TV today?

Maybe but she's playing a very dangerous game.  The cashmeoutside girl was just kinda rude. Annoying yes but she wasn't playing around with race and trying play 'white'.  This is the kind of thing that will get this girl seriously hurt when she comes up against the wrong group of people in the wrong area while she's throwing around that sociopathic attitude. 

You tell some good ol boy (or girl) that you're better than them and you're white when you're so obviously not and they're gonna knock your block right off your shoulders - girl or not.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, kitcatkitcat said:

She can 

Maybe but she's playing a very dangerous game.  The cashmeoutside girl was just kinda rude. Annoying yes but she wasn't playing around with race and trying play 'white'.  This is the kind of thing that will get this girl seriously hurt when she comes up against the wrong group of people in the wrong area while she's throwing around that sociopathic attitude. 

You tell some good ol boy (or girl) that you're better than them and you're white when you're so obviously not and they're gonna knock your block right off your shoulders - girl or not.

I totally agree with what you’ve written but that girl is too stupid to know that. God help her and her whole family.

• Love 3

To use what feels like a Dr Phil phrase, I would bet dollars to donuts that this girl is being bullied by her new classmates and that she still hasn’t dealt with the death of her father and this is her misguided teenage way of coping.  Hopefully she’ll grow out of it because, agreed, she’s in for a very rude awakening if she mouths off to the wrong person.  I doubt she will ever join the KKK, but I am reminded of the Chappelle Show skit with the blind racist.

• Love 4