Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Apparently the winning couple will be interviewed together. I thought the poll was amusing, but now I really want them to win.

This is why tumblr/twitter users has been at it the whole day. Bo/Lauren shippers are being bitter in the comment sections about 'cheating' even though it's impossible to cheat on this. I really want Oliver/Felicity to win too. I need this. It'd  be like the only good thing to look forward to this season. And quite frankly, the Olicity fandom needs a little boosting. 

• Love 3
(edited)

This is why tumblr/twitter users has been at it the whole day. Bo/Lauren shippers are being bitter in the comment sections about 'cheating' even though it's impossible to cheat on this.

The E! Online poll? Of course it's possible to cheat on that and it's very easy to do so. Some fans just try to multi-vote by hand, but the very dedicated ones implement voting bots with which they spam these polls. I've seen that happen time and time again during my days in the Lost and Smallville fandoms. The Chloe fans used voting bots a lot. The Huddy fans (House) did, too. It was always very obvious that that was the case when Chloe or the Huddy pairing were on the losing end of these polls and then in a matter of minutes, the results would suddenly flip around. That's why I don't take any of these polls seriously anymore. It's way too easy to cheat if you have the technical know-how to do so and the only one who benefits from these polls are the advertisers because they get many clicks on their website.

Edited by strikera0

The E! Online poll? Of course it's possible to cheat on that and it's very easy to do so. Some fans just try to multi-vote by hand, but the very dedicated ones implement voting bots with which they spam these polls. 

Is it possible to use a bot when E! polls implement captcha? As far as I know, the Oliver/Felicity poll steadily increased throughout the day. There wasn't a jump in numbers. So it doesn't seem like the work of a bot... Hmm

• Love 1
(edited)

Is it possible to use a bot when E! polls implement captcha?

Of course. Voting bots can be programmed to bypass such things as captchas or IP address restrictions. It's nice to know that E! Online is at least trying to contain the amount of cheating these days, though. That wasn't the case when I used to vote on these things.

Edited by strikera0

Of course. Voting bots can be programmed to bypass such things as captchas or IP address restrictions.

ahhhhhhh. I didn't know that. 

Regardless, I think the votes are legit. Like catrox said, the shippers have been pushing this hard on all social mediums. 

....I just made the mistake of looking at the comments. I've been on the internet. I know better.  And yet.  

Hilarious choice to put OUAT's version of Beauty and the Beast up against Catherine and Vincent, though.

• Love 1

....I just made the mistake of looking at the comments. I've been on the internet. I know better.  And yet.  

Hilarious choice to put OUAT's version of Beauty and the Beast up against Catherine and Vincent, though.

lmaooo the comment section is a mess. 

ALSO! I didn't notice that! lmao that's hilarious. I'm hoping O/F will go against Penny and Leonard next... Just anyone but Clair/Jamie or Stefan/Caroline. That should be in the finals :p 

(edited)

Is it possible to use a bot when E! polls implement captcha? As far as I know, the Oliver/Felicity poll steadily increased throughout the day. There wasn't a jump in numbers. So it doesn't seem like the work of a bot... Hmm

Yeah, accusations were flying fast and wild last night, not only from Doccubus fans, but apparently also from some Laurel fans *sigh* But Olicity fans really worked their butts off for this from yesterday morning until well past midnight and you can see how they managed to climb, percentage point by percentage point, by manual voting here. How was that managed without the use of bots, someone may ask? Smoak&Arrow has 10,000 followers on Twitter. I don't know how many Tumblr followers she has, but when that woman sends out a call to arms, so to speak, it gets answered fast and furiously.

Edited to add: Well, she's not the only one who gathered the support, but definitely among the most vocal yesterday.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 7

Yeah, accusations were flying fast and wild last night, not only from Doccubus fans, but apparently also from some Laurel fans *sigh* But Olicity fans really worked their butts off for this from yesterday morning until well past midnight and you can see how they managed to climb, percentage point by percentage point, by manual voting here. How was that managed without the use of bots, someone may ask? Smoak&Arrow has 10,000 followers on Twitter. I don't know how many Tumblr followers she has, but when that woman sends out a call to arms, so to speak, it gets answered fast and furiously.

I absolutely adore Smoakandarrow, we've had some interesting conversations (I love her attitude on haters and whatnot. Also she has not been watching Arrow lately so her dedication is pretty amazing). Regardless, she worked ridiculously hard yesterday making posts about every time the polls jumped over 0.2%... That's a lot of posts. Also to answer your question, I'm pretty sure she has over 20k+ followers on tumblr. When 20k people (or even half of that) vote even at least 3 times, that causes a huge increase in the percentage. I thoroughly believe no one cheated yesterday. 

Regardless, I usually don't care for polls, but I voted a few times on this one because I really want that interview. SA/EBR haven't done a joint interview since SDCC 2013. That's a long time. PLUS it doesn't hurt that an interview would be the only thing I'd look forward to in a while so... 

• Love 9

I, for lack of a better word, researched E online polls and the use of bots last year during the Save our Show competition when rumors were flying around that you could use  auto voter bots that would get around the captchas.

From what I was able to find out there was a way using the coding of the website to program an auto voter to read the macro code on E online and never actually load the E online page. Just using the websites coding you could vote from your computer avoiding the captchas. This method apparently worked a few years ago and their are several youtube videos that explained how to do it.

However, E online corrected the problem that in simple terms allowed back door voting and those methods no longer work.

So long answer short, yes you use to be able to bot vote but now you can't. I saw every fandom involved in this round of voting accused of cheating BATB, Glee, Outlander, WestAllen, and Olicity. I think it all comes down to people seeing websites claiming to have a way to bot the vote (from before Eonline fixed it) and groups that are just upset they lost and looking for someone or something to blame.

• Love 3

I, for lack of a better word, researched E online polls and the use of bots last year during the Save our Show competition when rumors were flying around that you could use  auto voter bots that would get around the captchas.

From what I was able to find out there was a way using the coding of the website to program an auto voter to read the macro code on E online and never actually load the E online page. Just using the websites coding you could vote from your computer avoiding the captchas. This method apparently worked a few years ago and their are several youtube videos that explained how to do it.

However, E online corrected the problem that in simple terms allowed back door voting and those methods no longer work.

So long answer short, yes you use to be able to bot vote but now you can't. I saw every fandom involved in this round of voting accused of cheating BATB, Glee, Outlander, WestAllen, and Olicity. I think it all comes down to people seeing websites claiming to have a way to bot the vote (from before Eonline fixed it) and groups that are just upset they lost and looking for someone or something to blame.

I was there for the Save One Show drama of the bot voting and it was pretty obvious that something was up because the percentage jumped significantly (like >10-15%) in a very very short amount of time. Eonline got a lot of complaints and if I remember correctly they even suspended the voting for a little bit. But they eventually instituted the captcha system and I haven't seen any of the big discrepancies in the voting %s like it was that year. This round has been very close for most of the couples in that last 2 rounds, so I can't imagine there was a cheating going on. Just very dedicated fans with energy & a refresh button. The frustration of polling & voting, it doesn't always go your way. Sometimes its just not enough & sometimes it is just the right amount. And it can be very exhausting & frustrating to be voting so much and then watch your couple lose. But, I am glad we won this round. Onto the next one.

I remember the years of hello magazine voting of your favourite stars. lol it was such a mess with people being blamed for one star losing due to bot voting.

Every time there's a big voting thing that occurs some always claim it is cheating.

Yeah, accusations were flying fast and wild last night, not only from Doccubus fans, but apparently also from some Laurel fans *sigh* 

Same thing happened to Delena. Many fandoms united and voted against them including Captain Swan fans. I bet some DE fans are mad enough to vote for Olicity against Captain Swan for revenge reasons. LMAO!

I couldn't believe something like this happened until I saw it on my timeline over at twitter. The whole thing was surreal for me. LOL

No! The only two couples I ship are up against each other. I was worried this would happen. Well, actually, I didn't think Captain Swan would win against Delena so I didn't think it would be a problem until it looked like both Olicity and CS were leading their polls. I guess the one good thing is I win this round either way. 

• Love 1

I like them both too. But hte way I see it is, the people who like CS win every weekend when their show airs because they're actually happy and together. While people who like O/F are constantly crapped on by the writers. I think O/F needs the win more :p 

• Love 8

I only really ship three couples, and now the Castle/Beckett got knocked out, I've got Swan/Hook and Oliver/Felicity against each other. Boo.

I think Oliver/Felicity needs the win more, if only to remind the EPs what brings a lot of fans to the show.

• Love 4

Posted only because SA mentions it on his Facebook page...

Zap2it Social Media Showdown 2015: Facebook Round 2
By Casey Rackham   Mar 06th, 2015
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/zap2it_social_media_showdown_2015_facebook_round_2-2015-03

Stephen Amell   8 hrs ·
This thing is back. Is it awkward being up against my future sister-in-law? Sure. But Italia Ricci... I'm hyper-competitive. wink emoticon  http://ow.ly/K82V6

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell

Edited by tv echo

Well he did put a question mark after sister in law. What would she be called cousin in law?  

He put a question mark there because it was the end of a question. Technically I don't think she'd be called anything other than his cousin's fiancee/wife, although I know he probably wrote it that way because he's close to Robbie, who probably feels more like a brother to him than a cousin.

So apparently the Captain Swan people have recruited 5 other fandoms (bo/lauren, ll fans, glee, olicity haters, and apparently iris fans???) to help them out. Is it bad that this makes me want to vote even harder? I'm so damn competitive I hate it. 

• Love 3

Poor BR. He seems like a really good guy, and I don't have any problems with his performance. It sucks that he seems to always play the "other guy" to the big popular couple. First Chuck, now this.

The shipper wars are brutal. We have really seen some stuff in the Once fandom...

I love Captain Swan AND Olicity, I don't know what to do!  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

Wow. That's kind of sad. Really some people take it way too seriously.

honestly, I got pulled into it and when people started to hate on the fandom I got really competitive. It's a sickness lmao :p

• Love 1
(edited)

I can see why Bo/Laurel fans would join, but why would Barry/Iris fans?  Arrow is the reason they got their show in the first place.  And why would Glee fans join? They're still in the game; are they strategically trying to knock Oliver/Felicity out?

Other fandoms may help but they have less invested. They're not going to be the ones voting far into the night.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

(Some) Iris fans are very anti-Felicity. Which doesn't make sense, because wouldn't supporting Olicity help keep Felicity on Arrow?

I think the others are trying to knock out Olicity.

Either way, it makes me a little pissed off so I'm constantly voting now. It's super tight though. Olicity is still leading but they keep slipping. I'm hoping SmoakandArrow can rally the fans like she did for Bo/Lauren v Olicity.

• Love 1

(Some) Iris fans are very anti-Felicity. Which doesn't make sense, because wouldn't supporting Olicity help keep Felicity on Arrow?

I think the others are trying to knock out Olicity.

Either way, it makes me a little pissed off so I'm constantly voting now. It's super tight though. Olicity is still leading but they keep slipping. I'm hoping SmoakandArrow can rally the fans like she did for Bo/Lauren v Olicity.

I have a feeling we're gonna lose. Olicity doesn't fare well at night and if the margin is this tight, we're gonna have our work cut out for us tomorrow.

They flipped last night, but not as much as I thought they would so I think they may be able to squeak out a win but it would be so tight. Of course, last night I heard it was four fandoms not five against.

Maybe it's because Felicity has what they want for Iris, a leading role on the show and love interest.

They flipped last night, but not as much as I thought they would so I think they may be able to squeak out a win but it would be so tight. Of course, last night I heard it was four fandoms not five against.

Apparently we have Steroline on our side? IDK who comes up with these alliances. Regardless, we seem to be slipping fast. *sigh* I guess I'm flattered that they need to recruit 5 fandoms to win :p 

All this alliance crap for a dumb poll is completely ridiculous.  What's the point, really?  It would be nice to finally get something positive out of all the bullshit Olicity fans have had to wade through this season, but I'm not sure I'd actively vote against a couple I don't even ship out of spite or as a defense measure just for a Stephen/Emily interview.  Seems like the smarter thing to do would be to request interviews in the media or let the producers know how much we would appreciate one.  

Then again, the writers and producers get giant boners when they torture fans so I guess I sort of understand why this is such a big deal to so many in the Olicity fandom.  Carry on.

• Love 3

This whole things is hilarious and ridiculous. 

I saw some seriously weird slut shaming and using the race card thing by Iris fans on twitter. I was extremely neutral to Iris before all that, but they made me hate her. I never thought that a fandom would make me hate a character I never even bothered to think about before but all that hatred managed to do that. It was ugly.

• Love 1

At this point, I don't even care about the interview anymore, I just don't want to lose, LOL! Many of the same people have been pretty much going at it since this morning (when Olicity was losing), judging from my TL. Can't seem to budge the damn needle, stuck at 50.9% for the last hour, I think. If that thing about 5 fandoms uniting to defeat Olicity is true, then I'm damn proud of the fans because they've managed to flip it this morning and keep that minuscule lead for hours. Got a retweet from Guggenheim last night, but I wish the show itself would help promote it. 

• Love 5