Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

God help me. I'm a grown woman with an important job and kids and I've been voting in this stupid online poll for over two hours. I think I'm losing my mind. I'm not sure if it's the show, the actors or Guggenheim's ornery comments but now I've become INVESTED. I've never done this before, so if we lose I may need some consoling.

• Love 11

God help me. I'm a grown woman with an important job and kids and I've been voting in this stupid online poll for over two hours. I think I'm losing my mind. I'm not sure if it's the show, the actors or Guggenheim's ornery comments but now I've become INVESTED. I've never done this before, so if we lose I may need some consoling.

Join the club, my friend. It's night. Last night CS shippers gained like 4% so if they do that tonight, I don't think there's a chance we can win. D: 

Voting in the Elite 8 round closes on Wednesday, March 11 at 5 p.m. PT -- Oliver & Felicity are up against Hook & Emma (OUAT) this time...

TV's Top Couple Tournament 2015: Vote For Your Favorite Pairing in the Elite 8 Now!

by TIERNEY BRICKER Today 12:00 PM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/633485/tv-s-top-couple-tournament-2015-vote-for-your-favorite-pairing-in-the-elite-8-now

Bringing it to this page for easy reference.

They are still narrowly leading at 50.9% 

I spent two hours yesterday and I think I know what I'm going to do now for the next two hours.  Ironically, that should give me a chance to catch up on the last two weeks episodes of OUAT.  

TBH, I'm impressed Olicity lasted this long with all the things counting against them.  They come from a very male-centric comic book show.  They aren't true comic canon.  They're on a tiny network.  They were happy together for only about half of a day.  The mere fact that they're holding their own against couples on shows on bigger networks that spend a large amount of time on romantic storylines isn't anything to sneeze at.  Hopefully they pull it off, but if they don't, there's no shame in what the fans accomplished.  As a result of this exercise, I at least hope MG is paying attention to how devoted his show's fans are instead of planning his next round of condescending responses on Tumblr.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 2

I just got 'green' as a Captcha.  That's gotta be a good omen, right?

I'd really love an interview with Emily and Stephen.  I watched the little video Stephen posted to his facebook about ten times.  It would be a great signal to the producers and the network, if we can pull it off.

Oh, wait, new Captcha was 'shirt.' Damn it, shirts are the ENEMY!

• Love 2

I'm going to bed, I voted a LOT today (because I really had nothing better to do and, like Stephen Amell, I'm super competitive). But good luck with voting, ladies! Lord knows the Olicity fandom needs it especially at night! 

hopefully the CS shippers don't overtake us by too much. The Olicity fandom usually comes to life at about 6am EST lol 

• Love 1

Something is broken, because I'm not getting a captcha...I get the screen that says to enter it but it's empty....

Every once and a while I have to redownload the original link from here. I get a message saying something about my system refusing cookies.  When you get the empty page, just reload it from the original link until it stops working again. 

I'd forgotten this poll was still going until you guys reminded me but ever since I've been voting (only an hour) it's just dropping. Am I a curse?!

Naw, I'm right there with you.  The Hook/Swan people ramp up at night, we're holding back the tide.  I have to assume it would be worse without us.  Poor Stelena has dropped by at least 6 tenths in the same time since I've been voting.

I assume the real hard work will be tomorrow reversing whatever damage happens overnight.  Voting tonight just makes it a bit less bad tomorrow.

Edited by BkWurm1

I feel like I'm too old to be voting in a fandom poll like this but I just want us to win something!

Naw, I'm right there with you.  The Hook/Swan people ramp up at night, we're holding back the tide.  I have to assume it would be worse without us.  Poor Stelena has dropped by at least 6 tenths in the same time since I've been voting.

I assume the real hard work will be tomorrow reversing whatever damage happens overnight.  Voting tonight just makes it a bit less bad tomorrow.

Yikes. How are they ramping up the votes at night? Do they organize the voters or something?! I'm so new at this, I have no idea. Ha.

Yikes. How are they ramping up the votes at night? Do they organize the voters or something?! I'm so new at this, I have no idea. Ha.

I don't know for sure.  I know overnight is when the numbers went up for them yesterday.  Maybe their strong fan base is somewhere where instead of it being 12.24 am its early evening or during the day.  

A minute ago

I feel like I voted a million times, and it still keeps going down.  It's like trying to hold back a tide.

I'm pretty sure I've voted more for this one poll than any polls combined EVER in the past, lol, but now mostly because it is dropping I can't seem to stop. Still, I keep looking at the Vampire Diaries poll.  Didn't I hear that they are colluding against us?  Well if that is true, since I've started Stelena went from 40.6 to 39.8 but Oliver and Felicity have only fallen by 2 tenths of a point.  I'm giving us credit for holding back much worse. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Ah it worked. I didn't even change the settings. Don't know what changed but I won't complain.

Good to hear!  I think I'm going to have to tap out for the night.  Three hours into the wee small hours is my limit.  At the rate the numbers are falling, I'm sure I'll wake up to Olicity being on the wrong side of the percentage but I hope we slowed down the slide until reinforcements show up in the morning. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

¡Buenos días from Madrid! I´ve just spent an hour voting, and right now Olicity is at 49,9 % :-( I have to head to work now, unfortunately. Let´s hope we will be able to catch up on OUAT later... How many more hours till they close voting?

• Love 2

¡Buenos días from Madrid! I´ve just spent an hour voting, and right now Olicity is at 49,9 % :-( I have to head to work now, unfortunately. Let´s hope we will be able to catch up on OUAT later... How many more hours till they close voting?

The poll is open until 5pm on Wednesday, Pacific Time

Right now it is at 49.5 for Oliver and Felicity. Hey, the overnight slide could have been a lot worse!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Don't worry you guys! It's 7am CT and I can tell you for sure that's when the Oliciters come to life! 

Don't let the slipping numbers frustrate you! Make like Dory except instead of swimming, just keep voting! JFC I think we all need this win. 

It's gonna be a nailbiter but we can for sure win this round!

• Love 3

Oh yeah the longer we actually stay on 49.5% the more hopeful I am. It could've been lots worse, but Oliciters in the US are waking up now. I'm very hopeful.

We just gained 0.2% so we're getting there ;) 

• Love 2

We are now at 50.1%. Not sure how long it will hold, but if SmoakAndArrow organizes another "voting party" we might take this. I think it will be the last hour that really counts though. 

Edited by HighHopes

We are now at 50.1%. Not sure how long it will hold, but if SmoakAndArrow organizes another "voting party" we might take this. I think it will be the last hour that really counts though. 

Julie has been on this since 7am so I think she will :) 

• Love 1

The captain swan shippers are rallying. Good God. I feel like a traitor of some sort.

Oh, god. I can't believe I let myself get roped into this. As a person who works on geeky computer things all day and uses keyboard shortcuts all the time, I just had to figure out a faster way to vote. With this kind of poll, 1-10 votes doesn't mean anything at this point. Now 50 votes? Okay, that might make a bit more of an impact. If anyone is interested, I've managed to find the perfect way to vote ≈50 times in only 5 minutes. (Because who really wants to spend more than 5 minutes voting on an Internet poll?)

Use Chrome as your browser. (You should be doing this already. If you aren't using Chrome, why aren't you using Chrome? I'll never understand why some people still use Internet Explorer...)

Download the Duplicate Tab Chrome Extension. (This will allow you to quickly duplicate a tab using alt+shift+d.)

Copy this link into the search bar: http://www.eonline.c...the-elite-8-now

Now -- this is the important part. Before you duplicate this tab, scroll down on the E! page so you can see the voting box right at the top of your screen. (This whole process is worthless if you skip this step and have to keep scrolling down past the annoying E! stuff at the top of the page and the big graphic before the poll.)

Once the poll box is visible at the top of your screen, hold alt+shift down and then press the d key down for a long time and it will open up a ton of tabs for you. (You can also press the d key down individually as many times as you want if you want to keep track of how many new tabs you're actually opening.)

Wait a couple seconds for all the pages to load. Go grab a coffee, look at the weather report, do some actual productive work you should be doing...

Click on the first tab of the huge tab group you just created.

Vote! Do the Captcha thing and hit Enter.

Immediately after you hit Enter, close out your current tab by pressing ⌘+w (Mac) or ctrl+w (Windows) to send you to the next tab. -- OR...if you want to just switch tabs: (For Mac Users:) Press ⌘+Option and the right arrow all together to switch to the next tab. (For Windows Users:) Press Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+PgDown. (You technically don't need to do this keyboard shortcut if you don't want to. Using your mouse to click on the next tab does the exact same thing, but I've found this shortcut just cuts the time down a lot.) Keep doing this process over and over until you get through all the tabs.

Don't bother refreshing any of the pages. Once you've hit Enter and submitted your vote, go immediately to the next tab. (If you're using those keyboard shortcuts to jump to the next tab, you'll know you've voted in every single tab once it circles you back to your original first tab and you'll see the poll you already voted in with the checkmark on the page.)

If you want to do that all again, close out of Chrome and restart the whole process. (It's actually faster than having to refresh every page again because of their site's slow servers.)

And in the amount of time it took me to type that out, I probably could have voted 150 times. So don't let my typing go in vain, people!

• Love 1

Over in this site's OUAT "fanatic" category,there is a poster who posted a shortcut...just an FYI. I like both ships a lot but I think Olicity needs this -in a way Captain Swan does not. It was confusing to me, but seems perfectly legit and not cheating. I'm not accusing them of anything - just letting any of you enterprising and competitive types know.

(Shrugs) Delphi beat me to it.

Edited by WaitandHope
  • Love 1

I agree that Olicity needs this more than CS, Waitandhope, ouat might not have emotional payoff but at least the Captain Swan ship isn't in shambles yet.

Also I'd rather have an interview with EbR and Stephen than have to listen to JMo and Co blithering on about happy endings and Villains.

• Love 2

As a non shipper all this work (alliances and what not) being put into an internet poll is hilarious. Sorry.  All of this drama is what turned me off shipping in the first place. 

Edited by Sakura12

I've been voting as much as I can all day, but damn real life keeps getting in the way!  Win or lose, I'm proud to be one of the 'embarrassed' voters with the rest of you.  

• Love 2

On the plus side, at least you aren't seeing fans turn on each other within a fandom because an actor posts a cool picture from the set of his show because it was a cool picture.../wonders if I can last in SPN fandom too much longer :(

I'm still voting for Olicity though!

• Love 1

As a non shipper all this work (alliances and what not) being put into an internet poll is hilarious. Sorry.  All of this drama is what turned me off shipping in the first place.

Honestly, even though I'd love a Stephen/Emily interview I'm already burned out by the poll. No offense to anyone who's power voting (I certainly salute you), but I have a demanding job and don't have the time to sit in front of a computer and vote all day. I have been throwing votes in where I can though it sounds like with all the strategic voting that's not going to make enough of a difference.

• Love 2

I've never voted in a fandom poll in my life. This is all new to me and I'm really surprised by the lengths people are going to. Even the comments over at the poll are just crazy town. I don't know why they don't have a one vote per person policy. It would be fairer. But I still want to win because it would be nice to win something during this truly crappy season we've been given.

• Love 2

Since the info about the 50 post in a 5 minutes seemed to go out the numbers are sadly fast shifting the wrong way.  In a half hour I've seen it drop 3 or 4 tenths when last night it took a several hours to accomplish the same thing.  :( 

The post about the fast way to vote is too much for me but one thing I did take from it is that it is faster to close a page and click open a new one than wait for it to refresh.  I've taken to opening about 10 tabs at a time, voting, doing the word and then moving to the next tab, repeat..  Then at the end, I delete and open ten more.  It is going about 5 times faster than it was before. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Since the info about the 50 post in a 5 minutes seemed to go out the numbers are sadly fast shifting the wrong way.  In a half hour I've seen it drop 3 or 4 tenths when last night it took a several hours to accomplish the same thing.  :(

Yeah, it's clear the strategy is working for the OUAT crowd. This is the point I think I'll bow out gracefully because if I have to employ special IT tactics in order to win, I'd rather not. It may not technically be cheating but it's pretty darn close, IMO. No thanks.

Delphi, if you didn't post that quick vote trick from the Once board, I was going to. We can all be traitors together :) It's only fair!

I agree that Olicity needs the win more. The only reason I feel badly about not voting for CS is because almost every major ship in the OUaT fandom (and OUaT has a lot of ships) picks on them (to put it mildly) and their shippers and that makes me sad.

And yeah, I really don't want to be subjected to an interview in which JMo is forced to talk about Emma's BFF who also happens to be the woman who ruined her life (wow, Regina really is the Malcolm to Emma's Oliver only at least Oliver doesn't really like Merlyn) and oh yeah, let's talk about her relationship with Hook as an afterthought. No thanks.

• Love 3