Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Sounds like a good reason to stay off tumblr for a while. I spent all last night voting in the poll and I'm just relieved it's over so the Captain Swan people can stop showing up in the Olicity tag. I'm already sick of the all their fake "good game" posts considering all the trash talking going on during the poll.

• Love 5

It was a valiant try, all. I voted multiple times sporadically over the past few days, but kudos to those who treated this like a job. :D

I hope we get more for Olicity than just teases; I'm tired of the stalling, but that's for a different thread. 

• Love 3

This is an awesome fandom, and congratulations to everyone who worked so hard and fought so long.

I think it's because of the situation... They don't want to show favoritism which would make the lauriver lovers pissed

Unlike the two from TVD, Lauriver wasn't even on the list.  Laurel fans are getting the suit and her on Team Arrow while Olicity fans are getting nothing but stupid decisions.

Hey people should ask SA/EBR to do a Facebook Q&A that would be better than an eonline interview IMO.

After failing to promote the poll, SA owes us.

Thank you to all the dedicated voters out there! I admire you guys for sticking in there. I did what I could and voted when I was able. I guess we'll have to see how it all pans out. To be honest the EOnline special surprise for BATB after winning the Save our Show last year was a quick 30ish sec clip of the actors saying thank you nothing too special, but still felt proud to have earned the clip. Although it was great to win that poll, I think it saved that show, well that and a whole lot of other campaigning done by fans. I think the CW announced its renewal in Feb just to avoid the bombardment of fan campaigning again. It was pretty effective. If Arrow doesn't get better, I might consider writing into CW again - I have to feel as if I tried to help save the show if it can't get its act together in the last 1/3 of the show.

As much as I would love the SA/EBR interview, what can they really tell us about the show? I mean they can't reveal anything we don't already know, the show won't allow them to reveal anything too spoilery... It would probably just wind up being about the BC & the ATOM (sorry, a little bitter tonight). If the poll meant the writers would consider Olicity beyond a publicity/torture tactic then I would have considered getting more invested. But the writers have made it clear where they stand on polls, fan support, olicity, lauriver, and basically anything this Eonline poll would help achieve. I'm listening to Orange is the new Black on audiobooks and thinking about this poll & olicity reminded me of when she was talking about her food options in prison - We're gonna get what they're gonna serve us and that's that, ain't nothing we can do about it.

• Love 4

I actually didn't want anything spoilery from the interview, Stephen and emily just have better interviews. The OUat has interviews that don't add to much, the cast just use Buzz words. Emily and Stephen seem to have fun and talk about the show as a whole and it's honestly just much more refreshing

I actually didn't want anything spoilery from the interview, Stephen and emily just have better interviews. The OUat has interviews that don't add to much, the cast just use Buzz words. Emily and Stephen seem to have fun and talk about the show as a whole and it's honestly just much more refreshing

Well that would be an interview I would definitely look forward to. But that might be better suited for SA facebook. Since the eonline interview would be dependent upon the interviewer, who Im guessing would want to ask leading/spoilerish questions to uptick their site's ad sales. Plus, they would want to demonstrate their interviewing skills to dig deep and find breaking news or exclusive info. But any interview with SA/EBR would be worth watching and I do hope they get more of them in the future, poll or no poll.

I wanted Oliver/Felicity to win because I think we need to emphasize how important Olicity and Team Arrow are. MG tends to use them as nothing more than springboards for his pet projects, and I don't think AK and GB care any more.

Plus, I'm really sick of the OUaT interviews that always end up being about Regina and the villains of the season.

• Love 2

Not to sound all conspiracy theory over here, but do we know how Jamie/Claire from Outlander did? Because I could see EOnline choosing to make them the overall winner because the interview would coincide with the Season 1 part 2 premiere on Starz which is coming up on April 4th. Its an amazing show, and these two are 1. an actual couple on the show & 2. do give good interviews; plus the Eonline TV Scoop Dept just loves them (rightly so). Its a win/win for the website & the network. Its not to say our votes don't matter, but Eonline just needs to make it appear that each couple gets an equal opportunity, in the end they are the ones that have to do the interview, so if one couple would give them more pull in the advertising/marketing dept I can see them overlooking some simple numbers especially when the voting has been so close this year in every round.

¡Buenos días from Madrid! I wish I could say something to give you confort and consolation... Voting stopped at 01:00 a.m. Central European Time (now it's about 08:30 a.m. ... and I should be working by now), and when the poll had been closed, I went to bed pretty frustrated. I'd spent so much time on voting. It's ridiculous! I'm a grown-up guy with a job and everything, and I NEVER EVER thought I could become so excited about an online poll... This morning, my first thought was "What a waste of time!", but then, on further reflection, I realized that I really enjoyed this feeling of "fandom companionship/ brotherhood" (may I say so?) during the last 48 hours: This thread transformed into a live discussion thread on the poll, and many commentaries were just great. The bottom line: Even with a lost poll, I've never been more proud and happy to be part of the fandom. XO - CHEER UP EVERYONE AND HAVE A NICE DAY NONETHELESS  :-)

• Love 10
I think shippers take this shit way to seriously. It would have been nice to have gotten a joint interview but, it didn't happen.

Hey people should ask SA/EBR to do a Facebook Q&A that would be better than an eonline interview IMO.

I think shippers are definitely taking it too seriously also. I was looking at Twitter this afternoon, and the fandom was tweeting their hate and disappointment to SA and EBR for not promoting the poll. I doubt they knew that people were actually losing sleep over this thing voting for them. I don't think they'd even want people to lose sleep over it.

I get that people are desperate for whatever little nuggets they can get for Olicity, but the Arrow actors are actually pretty good about interacting with the fans through social media as it is. SA, EBR, and DR just did that little video for the fans a couple weeks ago.

Edited by AnyoneButYou
  • Love 4

I think shippers are definitely taking it too seriously also. I was looking at Twitter this afternoon, and the fandom was tweeting their hate and disappointment to SA and EBR for not promoting the poll. I doubt they knew that people were actually losing sleep over this thing voting for them. I don't think they'd even want people to lose sleep over it.

IMO it's o.k. to take such polls "seriously", i.e. being excited about them, being invested in winning them, being competitive while you "keep fighting"... Life would be much poorer without fandoms (be it in sports or in TV land). However,at the end of the day, "it's only a game", something that should make your life more fun without swallowing up everything else in it. So there is a limit to this kind of "seriousness", and whoever sends hate messages to actors whose characters (s)he's just finished voting for has definitely crossed that line. It's o.k. to be frustrated, bitter, angry... (as I am right now, too), but that's what these kinds of forums are there for: You can leave your comments there, and people will encourage you, support you... or call you out on your BS. :-)

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 14

I know it's just an online poll, but I still feel more bummed out by losing than I thought I would.  Maybe I'd feel better if the show itself wasn't the way it is right now.

Well, at least some Captain Swan fans realize it's not smart to piss off Olicity fans.  Having gotten help from other fandoms who just wanted to vote against Felicity & Oliver, they certainly don't want Olicity fans to do the same against them.

CaptainSwan @CaptainSwan  ·  11h 11 hours ago
#Olicity - What A Worthy opponent! You gave us a HELL of a run! #CaptainSwan @smoaknarrow

https://twitter.com/CaptainSwan

And did you see this earlier tweet from Jenny Raftery (Vulture reviewer)?

Jenny Raftery @rafteryish  ·  Mar 10
I wish there was a Nate Silver for E! online polls, to give me some statistical comfort. Go, #Olicity, go! eonli.ne/1BpF8EB @eonline

https://twitter.com/rafteryish

Plus, here's MG's latest tumblr response on this poll:

annacaroline2014 asked:

Hi Marc, unfortunately we lose the poll today,but I think we're winners for not giving up,and we made into top 8 in a poll with 64 couples,I hope that show you guys how much we love Arrow and Olicity! We just wanna see them happy,and together! xo

100%.  You guys are amazing and I’m humbled and grateful.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Here's an award worth winning... Felicity has been nominated for the first ever SET Award for Portrayal of a Female in Technology (unfortunately, you need a Google account to vote, but opening one is free and easy - only one vote per gmail account):

Here are the Best Women in Technology on TV and Film

Chris Wiltz  3/12/2015
http://www.designnews.com/author.asp?section_id=1386&doc_id=276877&dfpPParams=ind_184,industry_consumer,kw_27,aid_276877&dfpLayout=blog

The influence of female portrayals in media is undeniable, especially when it comes to women engineers and women in technology. To that end the Entertainment Industries Council (EIC), the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT), and Google have joined forces for the SET Award for Portrayal of a Female in Technology. This award recognizes a female character in film, TV, or Internet "that goes above and beyond to inspire and encourage the breakdown of stereotypes and elevate the conversation around female ingenuity in technology fields."
Nominees were chosen by public vote via Youtube. The winner will be determined by public voting and entertainment and technology professionals.

Click the image below to see the top 12 and visit Youtube through April 6 to vote for your favorite.

Voting link: https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=wise&passive=1209600&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2F1s1Q0Jn2jF--QhU-lovSw31GGhDk1crmqg9ggiyVKz48%2Fviewform&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2F1s1Q0Jn2jF--QhU-lovSw31GGhDk1crmqg9ggiyVKz48%2Fviewform&ltmpl=forms

After you vote, you'll get the following message:
"Your response has been recorded.  Please make sure to follow at NCWIT.org to see who wins!"

12 nominees:  
1    Annedroids
2    Felicity Smoak - "Arrow"
3    Angela Montenegro - "Bones"
4    Penelope Garcia - "Criminal Minds"
5    Cameron Howe and Donna Clark - "Halt and Catch Fire"
6    Mae and Gabby - "How to Build a Better Boy"
7    Joan Clarke - "The Imitation Game"
8    Murph Cooper - "Interstellar"
9    Skye - "Agents of SHIELD"
10  Abby Sciuto - "NCIS"
11   Nell Jones - "NCIS: Los Angeles"
12   Happy Quinn - "Scorpion"

Press Statement:  http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/12/prweb12367259.htm

I think that the Arrow EPs would want to win this one...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I know it's just an online poll, but I still feel more bummed out by losing than I thought I would. Maybe I'd feel better if the show itself wasn't the way it is right now.

Well, at least some Captain Swan fans realize it's not smart to piss off Olicity fans. Having gotten help from other fandoms who just wanted to vote against Felicity & Oliver, they certainly don't want Olicity fans to do the same against them.

https://twitter.com/CaptainSwan

I seriously considered doing so because I'm petty, but I already got a blister from yesterday.

• Love 2

I ended up coming back to Olicity in the end, but it was not enough. We have not had many wins lately, so I decided to root for the underdog, despite how much Olicity has broken my heart lately. But at least it got everyone on the same side, and gave them something fun to do! 

• Love 1

Honestly, I only saw some fandoms were recruiting others when I saw some bitter Delena fans on my timeline complaining about being teamed against. I didn't even think people were this crazy about polls that they would recruit other fandoms. LOL

Delena already won once. I wish Olicity could have won this year but whatever. Nice little interview between SA/EBR on FB would be nice too. 

I've been seeing some CS shippers thanking Olicity shippers for a good game and then asking support as a sign of no hard feelings. My head hurts from rolling my eyes so hard.

• Love 4

I've been nursing my wounds from my first foray into Internet poll disappointment. But you all have made me feel slightly better about the whole thing! Though I really hate losing even to total strangers in a meaningless competition

Edited by WaitandHope
  • Love 3

If you have a Google account (or are willing to open one), please vote for Felicity for the SET Award for Portrayal of a Female in Technology - it's only one vote per gmail account...

ogteamarrowfan asked:
Hey, do you know that Emily is nominated for the SET Award for Portrayal of a Female in Technology? Congratulations to you guys creating such an awesome female charachter, and of course to Emily to play her the way she does. Greeting from Hungary!

I DO know.  All the credit goes to Emily for her amazing performance.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

My full support is behind Ichabbie now.

I just voted for Ichabod & Abbie because I think their show needs the PR boost more - Sleepy Hollow still hasn't been renewed yet.  I wonder if their fans know about the shortcut being used by the Captain Swan fans.

Zap2it Social Media Showdown 2015: Facebook Round 2

By Casey Rackham   Mar 06th, 2015

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/zap2it_social_media_showdown_2015_facebook_round_2-2015-03

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell

If anyone cares about this poll, SA has apparently advanced to round 3 but is currently losing to Lana Parilla (what a surprise).  Voting closes on Tues., March 17 (you can vote as many times as you want just by clickng "Return to Poll")...

Zap2it Social Media Showdown 2015: Vote for all platforms in Round 3

By Sarah Huggins  Mar 13th, 2015

Vote Here:  http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/zap2it_social_media_showdown_2015_vote_for_all_platforms_in_round_3-2015-03

P.S.  I wouldn't sweat this poll - I think SA is more interested in his charities than in winning online polls.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I'm really surpised SA is trailing at all.I mean by all rights should be destroying the competition because of how well he engages with the fanbase and uses his page for so many other good causes.  I thought for sure he'd win the whole thing in a landslide.

• Love 1

I suppose that's true. I mean I don't really get why Jensen Ackles is on the Facebook poll when he's more active and funnier on Twitter which is ironic because he refused to do twitter until last year. And Emily should have been on the Instagram vote to. AND where is John Barrowman? He posts ALL the things everywhere! WHY am I even thinking about this stuff?

• Love 2

I'm surprised but pleased that SA (50.05%) managed to beat Lana Parilla (49.95%)  in round 3 of the Zap2it Social Media Showdown.  But it's going to be real tough winning against Jensen Ackles in round 4.

You can see the final voting percentages from round 3 here:  

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/zap2it_social_media_showdown_2015_vote_for_all_platforms_in_round_3-2015-03

Voting in round 4 has started (SA is already losing a lot to JA).  Voting in this round will end at 9:45am ET/6:45am PT on Saturday, March 21st...

Zap2it Social Media Showdown 2015: Vote for your platform champions in Round 4

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/zap2it_social_media_showdown_2015_vote_for_your_platform_champions_in_round_4-2015-03

You're welcome to vote for your favorite stars more than once -- but be aware! You may be put into a temporary "time out" if you go crazy with the polling app. Just go get a cup of water and relax for a while, and then come back! Also, voting percentages only will be shown throughout the Showdown, until the final round when voting percentages will NOT be shown. So prepare for that voting round now.

Please be aware that BOTH sides are voting like crazy, so while individual votes ARE being counted, percentages won't automatically go up with your votes! Thousands of people are voting at the same time for everyone!

Edited by tv echo

Well, my worst nightmare. I love both these guys. SA is crazy active on FB and charity stuff. But JA does stuff too.  And well, crap....my heart says Jensen....I'm sorry :(.  Please don't kick me out of the Arrow club....pretty please....

All of the Supernatural stars are crushing their competition - Jensen Ackles, Felicia Day, Misha Collins - so I don't think it'll matter in the end.  I guess that's what happens when a show has been on the air for 10 years, you build up a formidable fanbase.  (You could always alternate votes, if it'll make you feel better ;) ...)

I think JA will win as well, but that I personally think Stephen's presence is much felt on social media with his charities, videos and everything.

Meanwhile in awards we failed in this fandom, some Captain Swan shippers are getting pretty heated that other fandoms are voting against then in that e online poll which I find ridiculous considering they had to rally multiple other shipper groups just to take down olicity

• Love 1

LOL I suppose that's true re alternating votes.  Ultimately I think SA will beat Jensen. And I'm pretty Misha will win for Twitter.  And I'm on the Orlando Jones bandwagon. 

But JA vs SA....hurts my soul

Meanwhile in awards we failed in this fandom, some Captain Swan shippers are getting pretty heated that other fandoms are voting against then in that e online poll which I find ridiculous considering they had to rally multiple other shipper groups just to take down olicity

Currently, Stefan & Caroline 41.6% are losing to Hook & Emma 58.4%...

http://www.eonline.com/news/635990/2015-tv-s-top-couple-tournament-is-down-to-the-final-2-vote-for-your-favorite-now

I know the VD crowd was in a Twitter war with Orlando Jones because of his support of Ichabbie...well duh! He's their co-star.  They took that shit way too seriously and were saying some pretty awful things and then he dropped into his Trollando Jones persona and it was glorious to see him deconstruct them. I think he's either done with the poll or is in support of Captain Swan.

It's just a congrats on EBR's nomination.  EIC did the same tweet with pretty much all the nominees.  Voting through April 6, and then the winner will be announced at the 2015 NCWIT Summit for Women and IT on May 19-21 in Hilton Head, South Carolina.  You can vote here (need a Google account)...

EIC @EIC_online  ·  Mar 18
Congrats .@EmilyBett on your inspirational female in #tech #SETaward nom! @SmoaknArrow fans vote now! @google @NCWIT 
proxy.jpg?t=HBg0aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnl0aW1nLmNv

https://twitter.com/EIC_online

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Round 2 (March 20 - 23) of Hulu's 2015 Best in Show - what TV show on Hulu is the best?  In this round, Arrow is up against Empire

It managed to beat Empire, and it's now facing off against The Flash.  Surprisingly, it's dead even right now between both shows.

On the other hand, disappointed that Agents of SHIELD is beating Agent Carter....

Ordinarily I'd be voting like crazy for all these but right now, I'm so fed up with the show I can't be bothered.

I really can't even consider it the best of 2015. It has been a pretty awful season, so I honestly can't vote it to be considered anything more. If this was the best mess of 2015, then that would be different.

• Love 1