Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I can't decide between "Midnight City" ,"Canaries", "Nanda Parbat", or "This Is Your Sword" for worst. This season was the first one to have multiple episodes that I actually hated and would never ever want on my TV again, not even as background noise.

Edited by lemotomato
(edited)

I want Olicity to win best pair, I want EBR to win best actress, I want SA to win best actor! I want the most Olicity episodes to win best episodes and I want all this not just because I love them but, because it will make them seethe!

Edited by olicityfan25

The article is about bit roles that turned into regulars, and Ron was a main character from the start.

Although it's nice to hear MG say that Felicity "going away was never an option", I do wish the media would stop perpetuating the idea that fan response was what expanded her role. It's kind of obvious that keeping her around was a decision by the show runners, who realized that she was the missing piece to Oliver's team. And I'm pretty sure the fact that she had chemistry with the main star of the show helped her case more than anything viewers had to say.

• Love 10
(edited)

Ah, thanks. I kinda though Chris Pratt was a regular in s1 of Parks, but I don't remember it as well, it was pretty bad overall.

Although it's nice to hear MG say that Felicity "going away was never an option", I do wish the media would stop perpetuating the idea that fan response was what expanded her role. It's kind of obvious that keeping her around was a decision by the show runners, who realized that she was the missing piece to Oliver's team. And I'm pretty sure the fact that she had chemistry with the main star of the show helped her case more than anything viewers had to say.

Felicity's expanded role was definitely not the result of fan opinion, but the whole Olicity focus was determined only by that, imho. As for chemistry, well, she did have more with SA than KC, obviously, but I really can't say it was absolutely explosive or anything. I'd say it was about on the same level as SA/CL, which is middling. I think it was more of the character of Felicity the viewers responded to, I've always maintained she was male nerds' dream girl and a perfect self-insert for female viewers (and I'm not saying this is bad, I totally identified with her at times).

Edited by FurryFury

Chemistry is in the eyes of the beholder, I guess, because the moment I saw that scene in 1x03, I perked up and took notice. I don't think I immediately recognized what I was seeing, but I definitely felt the spark between Oliver and Felicity and was intrigued. And that spark turned brighter and brighter with each ep, for me. I felt there was friendly chemistry between SA/CL but no heat there (another reason I thought the lunge was odd).

• Love 12
(edited)

SpoilerTV is giving you the opportunity to select your favorite TV episodes from the past 12 months (June 1, 2014 -  May 31, 2015), and battle against others to don the crown of Spoiler TV's favorite episode -- you have until Friday, June 12, to enter your submissions (one submission per person, each submission limited to three episodes)...

The SpoilerTV 2015 Episode Competition - Nominations Open!
Posted by Bradley Adams at Wednesday, June 03, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/2015-episode-competition-nominations-open.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1433339565

ETA:  I nominated two Arrow episodes and one Agent Carter episode.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

This was a weird read. I haven't seen the majority of the shows mentioned, but who would choose Andy over Ron in Parks & Rec? Ron Swanson is a goddamn meme!

In terms of the show, sure - Ron Swanson's the reason I watched. In terms of acting careers, they were both fairly unknown prior to Parks and Recreation, but Nick Offerman was hired as a regular right from the start, while Chris Pratt was hired as a guest. During and since the show, Offerman continued to work in comedy; Pratt went on to become a major A-list film star.  I mean no disrespect to any of Offerman's 2015 films, but none of them are expected to do as well in the box office as Jurassic World.

(Now watch the dinosaurs flop at the box office and one of the Offerman films be the number one 2015 box office hit, even beating Star Wars, just to prove me wrong here.)

To bring this back on topic, I kinda had to vote for "The Climb" over "The Fallen." 

Edited by quarks
(edited)

The Arrow Aftershow has a poll for the Biggest Female Badass. Nyssa, Laurel, and Thea are options, as well as Other (with space to fill in a name). I'm a little surprised that Thea got nominated over Tatsu. I picked "Other" and put in Felicity just because they hate her on the show.

http://www.opinionstage.com/sets/2156552/ (Direct link to the poll because the page has an embedded video that autoplays, plus is poorly designed)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Arrow Aftershow has a poll for the Biggest Female Badass. Nyssa, Laurel, and Thea are options, as well as Other (with space to fill in a name). I'm a little surprised that Thea got nominated over Tatsu, but then again, they picked Malcom as the biggest male badass, so there's no accounting for taste. I picked "Other" and put in Felicity just because they hate her on the show.

http://www.opinionstage.com/sets/2156552/ (Direct link to the poll because the page has an embedded video that autoplays, plus is poorly designed)

I was literally about to post on this. I would have been inclined to vote Thea or Tatsu, but the fact that they left off Felicity made me vote Other with a write for her. Current standings: Other at 79%, Nyssa at 14, Thea at 5, and Laurel at 3. 

It reminds me of the Comic poll that added Felicity later. She is currently leading at 9000+ with the Arrow following a distance second at 4000+. And the TeenChoice nominations with Emily leading the SciFiTVActress tweets at 515k and Olicity finishing at 6th with 921k tweets (For comparison: Destial/Klaine were ahead of them in the 950k to 1mil and the top three were Klaroline/Steroline/Delena - all over a million. Below them was Emma/Hook with 431k). Olicity fans are tweeting about PR for them and setting up hiatus projects and including the EPs.

After The Fallen and all the negativity towards Olicity and Felicity seemed to multiply, I think it was DancingNancy who said that Olicity was a networks dream. A positive outcome fuels a negative backlash which in turn energizes a positive response and it keeps circling creating more and more buzz (I hope I'm phrasing this correctly). I think that is what is happening right now. I'm seeing a lot of people on twitter and tumblr trying to 'get out the vote' and make a lot of noise. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 12

I wrote in Felicity as well, pretty much just because she was left off the poll. Nyssa's probably who should get my vote; Laurel - no. I'll probably call Thea a badass next year, but I was irritated this year that she never questioned running off with Malcolm and then didn't tell her brother to step off while she kicked MM out of her house. I have high hopes for her next year, though. 

• Love 5

Unless for some reason they could only list four options, I'm genuinely puzzled at the lack of Tatsu - not snarking, genuinely puzzled, since she had more fight sequence scenes than any other woman on Arrow this season, including Laurel and Nyssa. Granted, most of those were in the flashbacks which I think many of us would like to forget, but her sword fight in "Draw Back Your Bow" was one of the few reasons to rewatch that episode, that bar scene in "Uprising" was well done, and although I wish it had been edited into the episode a little differently, the truck stunt in the flashbacks for "The Fallen" was one of Arrow's biggest stunts of the season.  And of course she had the major, beautifully choreographed fight with her husband in "This Is Your Sword," plus various other action sequences.

I would also have added Lyla to this poll.

• Love 16

After The Fallen and all the negativity towards Olicity and Felicity seemed to multiply, I think it was DancingNancy who said that Olicity was a networks dream. A positive outcome fuels a negative backlash which in turn energizes a positive response and it keeps circling creating more and more buzz (I hope I'm phrasing this correctly). I think that is what is happening right now. I'm seeing a lot of people on twitter and tumblr trying to 'get out the vote' and make a lot of noise.

Yup. That's what I said, and that's exactly what I'm seeing. The voting, the O/F related Twitter hashtags, the larger volume of fics and gif posts, it's all multiplying. And I saw Suzanne Gomez replying to fans about a photoshoot? So there you go, whatever negative backlash that energized the fanbase made the network pay even more attention to Felicity, and Oliver/Felicity.

• Love 4

How do you know  you didn't set up a poll properly?  When 89% of the vote goes to the "other" category.  (If the networks are interested in how Laurel stacks up, she's currently running at 1%.)

I couldn't find a place to write a comment but I tweeted Why are do they have only costumes for the women when they didn't have for the men.  (Diggle was there, right?)  I added that while I love Nyssa (and I agree with quarks Tatsu should have been there but she lost points with me for going into a monastery), Felicity and Lyla are the biggest badasses on the show now that Moira is dead.

Because really, I would have voted on Moira vs Ra's any day.

• Love 5

I wrote in Tatsu because I do tend to expect some fighting chops from my "badasses."  HBIC would totally be Felicity for me.  I do think Felicity and Lyla should both be on that poll.  But, come on... except for possibly Nyssa, Tatsu could take anyone on that poll.

Laurel's hilarious attack on Malcolm this season should disqualify her, but I see the voters are already doing that.

• Love 1

Yup. That's what I said, and that's exactly what I'm seeing. The voting, the O/F related Twitter hashtags, the larger volume of fics and gif posts, it's all multiplying. And I saw Suzanne Gomez replying to fans about a photoshoot? So there you go, whatever negative backlash that energized the fanbase made the network pay even more attention to Felicity, and Oliver/Felicity.

It's increasing like you said, Oliciters have always been very "loud" on twitter and other places,and we like to keep the buzz going for hiatus.

Some people have been tweeting SG about Arrow promotion or the lack of it, before the show wen't on hiatus, this was the only time we got a positive response maybe because the tweets wore send to the CW too. Regardless, i'm positive that we're getting a Olicity photoshoot from the CW

Also we've been tweeting mags and media to get interviews and photoshoots, Larry King might be happening, that's nice.

There's always a lot going on, and we're always trying different things on twitter, getting more promotion for Arrow is one of them, and of course create a lot of buzz for the show.

We did good with the TCA,those wore some impressive numbers, i hope we get some nominations.

I have a feeling that the votes are going to be pretty split, given how the season was. I voted for "Canaries", mostly because the awful lampshading the writers did of everyone's criticisms of Laurel's BC arc, and then them basically saying that they don't give a shit by having all the characters inexplicably gave her the vigilante stamp of approval anyway.

• Love 7

I voted Midnight City. At least Canaries had CL back in it. And frankly everything she said, was what the audience had said so I felt it made it marginally better to eek out a spot just above the bottom.

I voted for Canaries, because having Sara say "why did I need to die for this?" and then ignoring it, was thumbing their noses at all the justified criticism of the act.

And because there are just no words for how awful it was to have Felicity tell Laurel that she has a light in her that Sara didn't. No words.

• Love 11

I voted for Canaries, because having Sara say "why did I need to die for this?" and then ignoring it, was thumbing their noses at all the justified criticism of the act.

And because there are just no words for how awful it was to have Felicity tell Laurel that she has a light in her that Sara didn't. No words.

The awful "light" line and hallucination!Sara's final beatific smile of approval at Laurel were the cherries on top of that turd sundae of an episode.

• Love 1

IGN poll - Marvel's Daredevil, Arrow and The Flash currently have the top 3 spots...

POLL: WHAT'S THE BEST COMIC BOOK TV SHOW?
4 JUN 2015   BY MATT FOWLER
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/04/poll-whats-the-best-comic-book-tv-show

SpoilerTV poll - Supernatural, The Flash and Arrow currently have the top 3 spots...

SD POLL : Which CW show do you see Lasting the Longest?
Posted by DarkUFO at Monday, June 08, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/usd-poll-which-cw-show-do-you-see.html

(edited)

Is Supernatural ever going off the air? I think at this point it would take one or both of the main actors quitting. I don t watch it, but that's my impression.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I love Arrow, but I think it has a shelf life with the current cast, as sad as that may be. There are only so many stories you can tell with the same people. Unless they start to come up with some more interesting & season spanning villains I'm not sure I can see it lasting beyond 6-8 seasons. I can see it completing the 6 year journey of how we got to the OQ we met in the pilot and perhaps 1-2 seasons of him being just Green Arrow. But then I think the show will need a major overhaul or it will become too procedural based. Realistically how many times can SC really face annihilation in May? But I could be pleasantly surprised should the writers increase the longevity of their creativity.

(edited)

DP is the only one from The Flash? Not the show, not even Grant Gustin? That surprises me, since it won the People's Choice award in January.

What is with the Danielle Panabaker thing? I seriously don't get it, if anything she's the weak link on that show.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 3
(edited)

It was vote through twitter. Tweets and RT counted as votes. So who ever got the most votes was in the game for nomination. But then Fox and Teen Choice can ignore those and nominate who they want. I am thinking Grant/Candice can get a nomination for breakout star. Really confused by the Danielle nom. I actually expected Candice Patton and Grant Gustin to get nods in Sci-Fi Actor/Actress after the stats that were released. Those double TVD nominations take up space xD

CGqSLAmWQAMUBPg.jpg

CGqSLAyXIAAu3Xy.jpg

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 4
(edited)

Eonline's Best Ever TV Awards:  Submit your nominations now -- "Voting will officially kick off on Wednesday, June 10, which means you have until early that morning to make sure your favorite show or star makes the cut in at least one of our 34 categories by nominating them in the comments section below and on social media. To make sure your family, friends and fellow fans get in on the fun, use the #BestEverTVAwards hashtag on Twitter, and send your nominations to @eonlineTV and @KristinDSantos!" ...

Best. Ever. TV. Awards 2015: Nominate Your Favorite Shows and Stars Now!
by TIERNEY BRICKER Mon., Jun. 8, 2015 10:00 AM PDT
http://www.eonline.com/news/664204/best-ever-tv-awards-2015-nominate-your-favorite-shows-and-stars-now

Best Comedy Actor
Best Comedy Actress
Best Drama Actor
Best Drama Actress
Best Couple
Oddest Couple
Love Triangle You're So Over
Best Fight
Best Kiss
Best Shocker
Moment That Made You Want to Throw Out Your TV
Best Baddie
Best Bitch
Show You'll Miss the Most
Star You'll Miss the Most
Sexiest Moment
Biggest Tearjerker
Most Heartbreaking Goodbye
Most Heartbreaking Cancellation
New Fall Show You're Most Excited About
Show You Cannot Believe Is Still on the Air
Guiltiest Pleasure
Most Underrated Show
Best Guest Star
Best New Show
Breakout Star, Male
Breakout Star, Female
Best Reality Show
Best Reality Star
Best Fandom
Best Cast on Twitter
Best Binge-watch Show
Best Comedy
Best Drama

Edited by tv echo

I think it's bullshit. Plain and simple. Why ask people to vote if you were just gonna ignore the results?

That's how these things always are. The small print after each award (people, teen, kid, and any other public voting awards) says that the final outcome is decided by the TPTB and other factors. It is bullshit but that's Hollywood for you.

(edited)

It's obvious Teen Choice are obsessed with or afraid of Backlash from VD fans. Personally I can't stand Elena and she's one reason I stopped watching but her and Damon ruled that show apparently until she left

Edited by jay741982

I'm not a Flash fan, but I don't even understand the logic in their decision to pick Padelecki and Morrison over Gustin and Patton. Flash is a new show with lots of buzz and praise, targeted towards the younger crowd. Why only have a supporting character represent them while trying to promote two shows that are past their prime?

TVD at TeenChoice is like Pretty Little Liars. They usually get 2 nom in a category where they can get nominated.

I have no explanation why no noms for Grant but then nominating Joseph Morgan and Jared Padalecki.

Same with Candice not being nominated and then you see Danielle and Jennifer being nominated.

I do think there will be some new and breakout star nominations for the Flash and Grant. These awards reward the vocal fans but also like to spread the nominations to as many shows to get as many stars to attend. That's why a lot more nominations are to come....

I'm not a Flash fan, but I don't even understand the logic in their decision to pick Padelecki and Morrison over Gustin and Patton. Flash is a new show with lots of buzz and praise, targeted towards the younger crowd. Why only have a supporting character represent them while trying to promote two shows that are past their prime?

Because Oncers are a huge fandom, myself included. A few months ago during the couple poll they completely dominated us for their Captain Swan ship. And I think it's also because the once fandom gets very, very aggressive when they feel their being ignored and overlooked. The teen choice awards doesn't really deserve, need or want all the crap that the fandom can deliver.

I haven't looked into it, but I'm sure right now they are already Swan Queen and Evil Regals freaking out over Lana Parilla's omission.

(edited)

They're already getting backlash for not actually nominating the people with the most votes. As they should.

That's how these things always are. The small print after each award (people, teen, kid, and any other public voting awards) says that the final outcome is decided by the TPTB and other factors. It is bullshit but that's Hollywood for you.

I remember this...still bs

Edited by wingster55