Type keyword(s) to search

S14 E07: Proving You're the Best

Drogo
Message added by Drogo

NO SPOILERS IN THIS TOPIC.  Click here to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

Cheryl Burke drops in to judge as the DCC take the stage at Gilley’s Dallas for Show Group Auditions. Makeovers help some stand out, while others go home in tears. Cheryl Burke and Melissa Rycroft are featured.

If you're watching this episode during its original airing and want to participate in the Live Chat, it's located here: 

• Love 2
Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Asking my last ? here since I'm afraid the topic's gonna lock:  What that Vet Christina in the office in the preview and did I hear Kelli CRYING?

I had those same thoughts!  Definitely was Christina. Kelli crying too. Where is this all going!?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ClosetMTTfan said:

I had those same thoughts!  Definitely was Christina. Kelli crying too. Where is this all going!?

Christina on WW or maybe she had something to say about Kelli calling Jalyn out or maybe (and this is a pretty big maybe) Christina tried to QUIT and Kelli had to talk her out of it??

17 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Christina on WW or maybe she had something to say about Kelli calling Jalyn out or maybe (and this is a pretty big maybe) Christina tried to QUIT and Kelli had to talk her out of it??

Speculation on the spoiler thread about “where is this going”. 

I like your ideas though!!  I doubt Christina tried to quit. After watching Pluto tv for the last week, I’m imagining they will have to give her the figurative boot. 😉

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I think we can rule out WW with Christina, she is skinny as a rail. I find the previews to always be very misleading, so the tears could be for anything!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I think we can rule out WW with Christina, she is skinny as a rail. I find the previews to always be very misleading, so the tears could be for anything!

Co-sign. Christina hasn’t had a weight issue and she looked great with Charm’s choreography last week. 

Poor Jaelyn, must be tough to get dumped from SG. That was super choppy editing.

I know they’re both stunning, but Kat is annoying and slow to learn and when Meredith talks my brain cells die, plus she reminds me of a zombie most of the time. Cut them!

Hi Cheryl, thanks for not noticing Victoria the  anointed one.

I miss Kashara and her party attitude.

Edited by dbell1
Choreo is not a chore :/
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Oh yeah!  Kashara picked Caroline!  She is a good pick.  The second years have a strong class and if they ever did that I would pick Bridget for point.  (I know its like fantasy football but I can dream!)

Bridget will be point before she retires.  Can someone with more patience than me go through and list the Vets by seniority please?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

can you post?  I would love to see it too (just vets no spoilers)

Amy 

Maddie 

Tess 

Heather 

Miranda 

Savannah 

Molly 

Rachel a 

Lexie 

Alexis 

Gina 

Christina 

Rachel a 

Madeline m

Bridget 

Taylor j 

Daphan 

Cici

Ashlee 

Jayln 

Hannah 

Caroline

Briana 

Erin 

Alannah 

Rachel w 

Amber        Brennan 

14 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Thanks pls do

Sent it to you 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2

I've been wondering about something all season but waited to ask until the show group auditions because I KNEW she should be there. Has Kitty Carter retired as the Technical Coach for the DCC? I thought it odd we hadn't seen her yet this season but obviously if she was still coaching them she'd be at SG Auditions as she has been every season before.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Fefe428 said:

I've been wondering about something all season but waited to ask until the show group auditions because I KNEW she should be there. Has Kitty Carter retired as the Technical Coach for the DCC? I thought it odd we hadn't seen her yet this season but obviously if she was still coaching them she'd be at SG Auditions as she has been every season before.

Saw on another post rumor that she did not like the edits she got last year on the show so she opted out this year.  supposedly she is still good with DCC.  Feel free others to correct me

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Amy ,Maddie, Tess, Heather, Miranda, Savannah, Molly, Rachel a, Lexie, Alexis, Gina, Christina, Rachel a, Madeline m, Bridget, Taylor j, Daphan, Cici, Ashlee, Jayln, Hannah, Caroline, Briana, Erin, Alannah, Rachel w, Amber

wow, have no idea who Cici is.  So I guess based on seniority list Kashira picking Caroline is saying something because she is pretty far down the list seniority wise.

• Love 1

when Cheryl Burke says Kat is a no for making the team this year, Kelli gives a tongue thrusted glance.  I have heard body experts say the tongue thrust is an act of agression!  Kelli does not like when people go against her pet projects!

• Love 13

Makeovers were really underwhelming this year. Everyone looked almost exactly the same. Shaina's darker red hair was the only noticeable difference.

It always used to crack me up when women on What Not to Wear would FREAK THE FUCK OUT when Nick wanted to cut 1-2 inches aka trim the hideously dry dead split ends. For similar reasons, I laughed when Lily said she hadn't worn her hair that short since she was six years old. Girl, your hair is now 2" shorter. All Marshall did was cut off the split ends. Honestly, in the before/after shots, it looked almost exactly the same length. The only difference was she didn't have scraggly uneven ends.

I was shaking my head when Kelli said that "at least Meredith can do technical routines" because even in the shots where only one other dancer was visible, Meredith was not in sync with whoever was next to her.

When Kelli said that they were going to watch everyone do turns and leaps across the floor and she specifically said that it was NOT with choreography, I was expecting regular across the floor technique stuff, like split leaps on each side, cross ball change pirouettes, fouettes, etc. but it looked like everyone was doing their own choreography that happened to include various leaps and turns.

Kelli has really lowered her standards if she thinks it's a compliment that Kat was able to blend in during one of the dances.

I hate those new costumes that the girls wore for their leaps and turns sequence. I could see the hoodie strings flying everywhere and I know how annoying that is when you're dancing. I wanted to cut them off every time I saw them flying all over the place.

Hahahaha, I laughed SO HARD when Cheryl was the only one not drinking the Kool-Aid and said that Victoria didn't stand out.

While I understand that Kelli wants everyone to be professional and supportive of each other, I thought it was a bit much to assume that Jalyn had a "toxic attitude" because she ran to the dressing room after show group was announced. She probably wanted to cry in private. Would Kelli have preferred it if she sat down in the studio and sobbed in front of everyone (and the cameras)? As Judy pointed out, it's different for Jalyn because she was on show group last year. Not making it back is not just merely disappointing for her like it is for the other girls who have never been in show group in the first place (but apparently VK flopping all over the table in Kelli's faux office last season when she didn't make show group as a first year TCC was totally acceptable).

I enjoyed seeing KeShara back. She has been where they are so she understands the stress of training camp, and I liked that she gave specific feedback to the girls.

I also liked that when someone was dancing well, there was a shot of Judy smiling. She is genuinely happy when she gets to watch the girls dancing well.

While in theory I feel bad for Alexandra, at the same time I don't think she deserves to be given more slack just because she's auditioned five times. Not a single guest choreographer had her in their top 36 which means she is not getting noticed at all. What are the chances that she will suddenly light up and sparkle? Slim to none. Unfortunately, that's something you can't really learn. Either you have that it factor that draws eyes to you or you don't.

I'm glad we got to see lots of dancing in this episode! It's one of the reasons why I enjoy the show group auditions every year.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 18

Dang, this episode was weird. Jalyn is now "toxic"? Yeah, nope. And you can forget about convincing me that Victoria is a better dancer. Just ... not happening.

Meredith is a very beautiful woman, but I don't know why she is still being kept in TC. Perhaps this will be explained in a future episode. But probably not.

Edited by Lona
  • Love 20
19 minutes ago, Lona said:

Meredith is a very beautiful woman, but I don't know why she is still being kept in TC. Perhaps this will be explained in a future episode. But probably not.

Meredith is this season's Meagan Flaherty. Kelli is keeping her because she likes the way she looks and keeps hoping for a miracle with her dancing.

• Love 7

There is no reason for Meredith being here. She can't pick up choreography, she can't dance the power DCC style, and she totally lacks any sort of personality or cheerful attitude ala Jordan Chanley. She cries and looks despondent as she screws up over and over.

What was with Kat and the named wigs? It's weird that they'd show that because now viewers and fans will always look at her and think about her fake hair. 

I would have kept Alexandra. You're always going to have blenders and the amount of pride, humility, and dedication she'd have to the uniform and organization would be unmatched. 

Give Jalyn a break. Seeing rookies make SG over her had to be devastating. Especially VK as clearly everyone knew the fix was in for her to make the team. 

• Love 22

I sort of find the idea that Jayln excusing herself for a moment (after she was technically fired from showgroup) suddenly makes her a toxic person. Like, unprofessional to leave? Yeah, sure, I can see that; if she's not supposed to leave then she's not supposed to leave. But 'toxic?' I find it sort of kind that, if maybe she was crying or something, she didn't make the success of the girls who did make it and the 'failure' of the girls who've never experienced making the group about her trying not to weep in the corner. It might not be professional for her to skedaddle out of the room, but it's kind of her to not ruin anyone else's (for better or worse) moment by trying not to have a meltdown on the side. That doesn't read as toxic to me, at all.

Also, I'm mourning Shaina's strawberry blonde-ish. I thought her face shone out of it and the darker red kind of swallows it away.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, poppysand said:

read as toxic to me, at all.

I'm mourning Shaina's strawberry blonde-ish. I thought her face shone out of it and the darker red kind of swallows it away

Marshall and Tangerine strike again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Lona said:

Dang, this episode was weird. Jalyn is now "toxic"? Yeah, nope. And you can forget about convincing me that Victoria is a better dancer. Just ... not happening.

exactly!  (sorry meant to combine w above post)

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 1

Alexandra just made TCC by the skin of her teeth.  She seems like a nice girl dedicated to the dream, but this season there were very few spots with so many returning vets and Kelli had too many "pet project" strugglers already.  I think she handled the cut with grace.

• Love 5

Wait, what happened to Brennan? I could have sworn I heard her name called at finals?  Did they cut her and I missed it?  I don’t follow the spoiler threads, so if I missed something can you point me in the right direction?

26 minutes ago, Mitzi.B said:

Wait, what happened to Brennan? I could have sworn I heard her name called at finals?  Did they cut her and I missed it?  I don’t follow the spoiler threads, so if I missed something can you point me in the right direction?

My girl Brennan is in TC 🙂 

• Love 7

A bit of a weird episode IMO. I feel like the new structure just leaves them a bit flat. 

Also yawn on Gilly's promo. Yay Cheryl Burke tho. 

Meredith is attractive but not a good dancer and looks kind of old IMO?

Kat is shit and annoying. 

I felt for Savannah because she is MUCH improved dance-wise. Have enjoyed seeing her profiled the last two epis (she's my husband's fave lol)

Love having Kash back - really really liked her routine, the pacing was amazing and it was so much less cheesy/more modern than some of the other dances whilst still being DCC.

Would not agree for Caroline for point tho! That was BIZARRE. I know who gets point but if I could choose it would be Gina - she is the most reliable dancer even tho she's not my fave DCC. 

I didn't like that in show group auditions they spliced so much between the groups because (unless there was a huge mistake) we didn't really get to see who was outshining the other girls. Love Rachel A and Rachel W - they are gorgeous. 

OK ultimately i HATE the new format. I don't care that the girls can leave earlier- if the meetings were done in a timely manner it wouldn't make much difference by the time the other girls had packed and changed. I feel like the dramatic structure of the show is gone.  

• Love 4

Anyone remember what Alexandra said just before Kelli said  "Tonight is your last night"? I kept rewinding my DVR but couldn't make it out.

Also I didn't see Christina crying in the previews. Kelli looked like she was going to cry.

Edited by MrsEVH

The DCC organization and this series need a shake-up.

Stop showing the candidates begging and crying for a chance to remain in training camp. It's degrading.

Kelli and Judy need to go. Both have exhibited mean girl behavior throughout the series. It's fear-based management. That style of management is so dated and destructive. I believe Judy first called out Kalyn, when Kalyn ran to the bathroom, and then Kelli piled it on. Kalyn was publicly humiliated on TV, and then labeled "toxic." Unforgivable. The fact that Kalyn was able to pull herself together and continue practice, not to mention deal with cameras while being further chastised by the ice queens, is remarkable.

Perhaps this kind of nonsense has caused the quality of candidates to fall over the years. What serious dancer, with other opportunities out there, wants to be treated like a child and publicly humiliated, for practically zero money and I assume no benefits?

Further insulting viewers, Kat and Meredith are allowed to continue. Cheryl Burke and Kat said it best: Kat is a gymnast with a couple of years of dance training. No way should her candidacy be taken seriously. Meredith is just wrong for the DCC dance style.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I am so glad that they are showing much more dancing this year and the dancing sequences are not as choppy.  They are actually showing the dancing in longer sequences.  Yeah!

Agree. I also appreciated that they showed more of show group tryouts. Would have liked to see more of the deliberations, though. I’m still not clear on why Jalyn didn’t make it this year.

• Love 6

I wish we could have seen more of Jalyn at SG Tryouts.  IDK why she didn’t make it.  What they showed she did well!  And Kelli was a giant B about it.  Judy is always the more nurturing of the two, so her sympathizing with the disappointment was no surprise.  But dang Kelli, can Jalyn have a minute?  VK falls out of her turns and she gets an AWWW, but no one else is given sympathy from you?  She was awful and heartless this episode.

• Love 21