Type keyword(s) to search

S14 E07: Proving You're the Best

Drogo
Message added by Drogo

NO SPOILERS IN THIS TOPIC.  Click here to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

I hope Kelli can discard her pet projects and make room for Madeline S on the team.  She just lacks power but seems to have everything else.

There can only be one tall, blonde legacy on this team. And it’s no surprise who Kelli will pick...

4 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I think she should give it another go. She finally made it into training camp, so that shows she is DCC worthy. If she had never made it to TC after 5 years, then maybe she should give it up. I think one more shot in TC could be her year.

I think Alexandra is someone that they took into training camp as filler, fully intending to cut her. I don't think Kelli ever had any intention of putting her on the team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

The poster you quoted never used the term fake hair. She was simply wondering what Kat’s hair looked like without the wig, and said the wigs were amazing and so natural looking. 

Thank you!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

I think Alexandra is someone that they took into training camp as filler, fully intending to cut her. I don't think Kelli ever had any intention of putting her on the team.

Definitely. She made fun of Alexandra for crying over the uniform. Kelli herself always talks about the uniform with extreme reverence, but acted like Alexandra was a weirdo for wanting so badly to earn one. If VK had sobbed over it, Kelli would have said it proved how much she loved DCC.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Route66 said:

Definitely. She made fun of Alexandra for crying over the uniform. Kelli herself always talks about the uniform with extreme reverence, but acted like Alexandra was a weirdo for wanting so badly to earn one. 

That moment was so awful. It seemed like Kelli went full “mean girl,” setting Alexandra up to humiliate her. 

• Love 2

With Alexandra and Auto Amy, maybe even with Christina and Brennan to a lesser degree...she likes to pull into camp the women that show perseverance year over year, particularly if the CMT cameras have picked it up.  Maybe she initially picks them up for a good story and easy cut, and then she gets surprised in camp and keeps them on the team.  I don't think she had any intention of Amy to be on the team, but it was definitely a good story.  All four of these women got a lot of positive buzz on social media, so I wonder what that's worth.

Of the four, only Brennan made sense IMO to make (and stay) on the team, but Christina apparently has some magic fairy dusty that the edit hasn't gotten through to me 🙂

If I don't put my cynical hat on, Kelli might think she's giving some of these gals a gift of the DCC experience, if only for a week or two.  Though honestly, I can't figure her out.  Watching old seasons on Pluto just points out more and more how inconsistent TPTB really are!

• Love 5
On 9/14/2019 at 8:39 PM, PrincessLeia said:

Oh Savanna thinking she has a shot at show group. Bless her heart. 

She’s not the best dancer by far, but I wouldn’t have been surprised to see them put their real life Disney princess/great ambassador on SG. (I don’t mean those things disparagingly, I think she’s a great DCC even with her shortcomings.)

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

She’s not the best dancer by far, but I wouldn’t have been surprised to see them put their real life Disney princess/great ambassador on SG. (I don’t mean those things disparagingly, I think she’s a great DCC even with her shortcomings.)

SG, like everything else likely has a lot of favoritism and office politics involved. Realistically given the standards of being on the team at all, there's not going to be a huge difference in capabilities between girls.

Re: Christina/Brennan, there seems to be a slot or two allocated for older girls who persevered to make the team. If you read Christina's IG, she has tons of comments from other girls that seem to indicate she's very well liked in the locker room. These types [Sunni Cranfill, Natalie Woods] are probably the most appreciative of their uniforms and probably the least likely to cause problems or get involved with drama. They're likely the ones wise enough to shut their mouths about VK and probably don't expect point/SG/Pro Bowl. They're, for lack of a better word, utility girls. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Route66 said:

If you read Christina's IG, she has tons of comments from other girls that seem to indicate she's very well liked in the locker room.

I know there have been rumors that Christina is not a nice person, but rewatching the season in which Christina got cut (the year they made her brunette at makeovers), when cutting Christina Kelli said something like "It's always the sweet ones" and she seemed upset cutting her, so I think you're likely right.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I know there have been rumors that Christina is not a nice person

For every successful or popular or smart or somehow achieving woman, there is a rumor that she is not nice. 

Jesus, Kelli, get a grip about Jalyn. Unprofessional is the term people use when they can't come up with a valid criticism of someone's behavior.  I think it WAS professional for Jalyn to remove herself for a few minutes. She is a human not a sexy dance robot; sorry, Cowboys organization! 

• Love 10

Does Melissa own or design shorts clothing line? I just happen to notice how elegant and nicely dressed Cheryl Burke was   ...

and her comes Melissa in her trademark attire

Cheryl made a comment "I love those shorts"... hmmm - that's the 1st thing you say about a person who you claimed was excited to see ?.....  I took it as the shorts caught her eye by surprise.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 2
On 9/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, ByTor said:

Yeah, I didn't hear Kelli call her toxic, I thought she said something like there's going to be a problem if she is being toxic.

Do you mean Meredith?  She's the one always crying.

Sorry, Yes, I meant Meredith!

• Love 1

I just finally watched this episode. Equally as boring as the rest, except yay for KaShara and Jacie sightings! Loved them both, I thought Kash did a great job teaching and it took balls to pick Caroline for point. Jacie picking show group...perfection! Although I would have liked to hear her input much more. She's always been an eye catcher for me, and one of my favorites to watch. 

The rest of the episode. Meh. Just like the season so far. I didn't care about Alexandra getting cut, I didn't think she belonged in TC anyhow and I think they picked her for the same reasons that Brennan and Christina are on the team. They keep showing up. Meredith, I liked you a lot at first, now... QUIT CRYING. Jeez girlfriend. I liked Kash's advice to her. 

The makeovers. let's just call them what they are. Giving everyone the exact same hairstyle. Maybe we change the color a little for "diversity". Other than that, everyone's hair is identical. Come on, be original. mix it up. The hair is as boring as this season is.. 

Oh Savannah. Thinking you'll make show group. Bless her heart as those in the south say. You have to at least be able to dance to be on SG. Jalyn, I'm so disappointed in you. I wanted a Megan Flaherty/VIvian's poetry melt down in the office. I mean, those are the episodes I watch over and over for the trainwreckness. But yay for Rachel A for making SG! She looks amazing this year! 

Kat...I fast forward through all your parts. GO AWAY. She can't dance, she has no personality. She reminds me so much of old Viv in her 2 seasons of trying out. Constantly looking for the cameras and playing to them. 

And good Lord, what is with all the eye makeup this year? I thought Jalyn had another eye infection until I realized it was her makeup. ALL of them, tone it down. you look like boxers with black eyes. I admit, I was more focusing on playing Candy Crush than watching this totally lame season. YAWN. I'm going back to watch the interesting seasons. 

• Love 4

My boyfriend came home while I was watching the episode and commented how Kashara was too big to have been point of the triangle and that Ashlee was short and at a perfect weight. Then he commented how these girls all have eating disorders. 

As far as my commentary on the episode, I felt like all of their makeovers looked the same apart from Shaina. All of their hair colors and length looked the same as before. 

Lily commenting on how her hair hadn't been that short since she was kid when only an inch was taken off was amusing. 

I found it kind of weird that no one commented on Gina during show group auditions or if they did it wasn't aired. 

Amanda is super Aly Michalka looking now that she had the makeover, but she's one of my favorites and she definitely deserved show group.

I didn't find that Jalyn stood out during auditions, she looked a little soft on the power during one of the routines. 

I can be objective in that fact that Victoria didn't stand out to me either aside from Melissa's comments. 

• Love 1
On 9/15/2019 at 9:40 PM, go4luca said:

I wondered the same.  Especially since they love to list former DCC's accomplishments.

I think if she had been a former Kilgore Rangerette, it would have been listed because it's less prestigious than the DCC.  But since it's the Rockettes, they're keeping it on the down low because they don't want to call attention to the fact that there ARE more important dance companies (did I use the right word?) out there! 

• Useful 1
On 9/13/2019 at 11:13 PM, Mardo2044 said:

I love how Cheryl Burke didn't get the memo to LOOOOVVVE Victoria!

That had me giggling!  And it totally made me think "the fix is in" for Victoria since here we have Cheryl a super experienced dancer/choreographer and she was eh about Victoria she didn't find her a stand out at all yet we are being told how Victoria had the perfect score blah blah and all the guest choreographers loved her yadda yadda.  Yeah okay.....🙄

• Love 4
On 9/14/2019 at 5:48 AM, Route66 said:

There is no reason for Meredith being here. She can't pick up choreography, she can't dance the power DCC style, and she totally lacks any sort of personality or cheerful attitude ala Jordan Chanley. She cries and looks despondent as she screws up over and over.

What was with Kat and the named wigs? It's weird that they'd show that because now viewers and fans will always look at her and think about her fake hair. 

I would have kept Alexandra. You're always going to have blenders and the amount of pride, humility, and dedication she'd have to the uniform and organization would be unmatched. 

Give Jalyn a break. Seeing rookies make SG over her had to be devastating. Especially VK as clearly everyone knew the fix was in for her to make the team. 

If they couldn't tell Kat had fake hair, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell them.

41 minutes ago, Anduril said:

What was with Kat and the named wigs? It's weird that they'd show that because now viewers and fans will always look at her and think about her fake hair. 

A lot of black women wear wigs. I thought Kat came across really cute and fun in that segment with her names for the wigs.  

A large majority of the girls wear extensions, which are also “fake hair,” and that’s acknowledged on the show and not an issue, so why should Kat be any different?

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

A lot of black women wear wigs. I thought Kat came across really cute and fun in that segment with her names for the wigs.  

A large majority of the girls wear extensions, which are also “fake hair,” and that’s acknowledged on the show and not an issue, so why should Kat be any different?

Agreed. Almost all the ladies are wearing some kind of fake something (hair, lashes, boobs, etc).

• LOL 1
  • Love 2