Type keyword(s) to search

BB After Dark: Nighttime is the Right Time

car54
  • Start Topic

Just a heads-up, my cable guide (Verizon Fios) does not show the BBAD episodes that start tonight as "new" so my DVR didn't pick them up.  

Also it looks like TVGN seems to be re-showing the week's Big Brother episodes on other nights.

Since Julie mentioned it on last night's show as starting "tonight" I set our DVR to tape TVGN at 1:00 (the guide had some sort of generic TVGN description....it defintely didn't indicate it was BBAD).  I tuned in this morning and it was indeed BBAD.  I only watched the first 5 minutes or so while I was getting ready for work, but Frankie was jumping around wishing his sister "Ari" a happy 21st birthday.  I haven't been watching the live feeds, so I don't know if his secret is already out, but if he's trying to keep everyone from finding out who his sister is, jumping around and screaming out her name probably isn't the best way to avoid questions about his family.

• Love 1

I am now watching last night's BBAD and ended up rewinding the beginning about 10 minutes in to do Frankie's relaxation session along with the hamsters. I have a similar CD for sleep and am so conditioned that listening to Frankie brought the same relaxed state. Nice change from his normal high-strung behavior. However, I kept expecting BB's voice to tell them to please do something to entertain the viewers or to announce that there was alcohol in the pantry right NOW!

(edited)

Last night on BBAD, Christine was eating something off a plate and kept scraping and scraping the very last drop off her food. And all you could hear is eeeeerrrr eeerr eeeeerrr eerr. There was nothing left, but she was hoping! The sound was driving me NUTS.

Now if I can beg them, PLEASE don't show The Sorrentino's commercial. Can't stand him or his famewhoring family. Please, TVGN.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 1

BBAD frustrates me as they always cut away just as someone is about to say something interesting.

I really find the very abrupt cuts to commercials quite jarring.  I think it's gotten worse since last season.  

• Love 1

The Big Brother Bowling was cute. I can't imagine being locked in that house with nothing to do. I'm not creative enough to come up with things like that. I did like how no one seems to be splitting off into hardcore cliques, at least not yet. The groups were pretty fluid and pleasant. It's early yet, but I think we're on a much better path than last season at this time.

The Caleb/Joey conversation in the beehive was completely cringeworthy though. I wish I had a dollar for every time she apologized.

The Caleb/Joey conversation in the beehive was completely cringeworthy though. I wish I had a dollar for every time she apologized.

I know, I didn't see what came before it and I kept wondering, was she drunk? She's a mess.

That was a bit odd with PaoPao in the diary room.  They were telling her to put on her black tank and put her hair back.  Then come back and talk to them.  Obviously we were not suppose to see that.

That was a bit odd with PaoPao in the diary room.  They were telling her to put on her black tank and put her hair back.  Then come back and talk to them.  Obviously we were not suppose to see that.

Um. Yeah, although it takes a little Reality TV smarts to realize what we saw was Big Brother asking a Hamster to film a Diary Room appearance pretending it was done at an earlier time.

Oh I missed the DR and Pao Pao exchange! Damn it, I was going to work (I watch the previous night every morning while getting ready for work...like now) and had about 45 minutes left and thought probably nothing exciting happened, so deleted. Those are the little things I like to see.

BBAD frustrates me as they always cut away just as someone is about to say something interesting.

I know, these people were talking and then they just switched to The Situations family cutting up at their table, it went from dim people to stupid people in a nanosecond. 

My god, Devin must have been cringing inwardly when he was trying to get Caleb to move past his Amber crush.

I somehow missed that too. Even though I have it on, I'm also not hanging on to every word so I miss a lot by not listening. But, since the first day I was kind of hoping Devin and Amber would couple up because they would be beautiful together.  (Non) Personalities aside, they are both pretty people.

Funny, they flashed to Victoria in the kitchen with her long, black, braided hair, and black tank top and her black eyebrows and I thought it was Amy Winehouse. Victoria is the Israeli Winehouse.

(edited)

I'm pretty sure he was, but I have no idea which one.

I really liked checking out Cody's legs last night. Nicely toned and long like most soccer players.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I don't have many complaints about Cody, but watching him eat can be gross.  He keeps his mouth open and does all these disgusting contortions with his mouth trying to get food out of his teeth or something.

Does this group seen extraordinarily touchy feely?  They're always hugging and comforting each other and giving massages and kissing on the cheek and such.  I find it refreshing compared to other seasons (especially 15) and credit most of this to Frankie.  I think I'd like to have him as a friend.  He seems quite intelligent too.

(edited)

I know, I totally thought Frankie would get on my last nerve. He's adorable and I'd love to put him in my pocket to bring out when I need cheering up.

It's night and day compared to last season. Last season, I'd wake up at 5am for work (central time) and could turn on the feeds and those clowns would still be up, drunk and shit talking.  This season, I hear, "I'm going to bed early tonight" "I need a good nights sleep".

What was Hayden and Nicole talking about in the honeycomb? (I'm still watching Monday night). They were whispering and I rewound it about 7 times. Did Nicole say Frankie said Joey is going through alcohol withdrawl? This group is very teary.

Joey and her fake accents drive.me.crazy.

Another TVGN commercial I hate, the poor old woman at the bottom of the stairs yelling for someone to help her. It was sad!

Edited by ShaNaeNae

I don't have many complaints about Cody, but watching him eat can be gross.  He keeps his mouth open and does all these disgusting contortions with his mouth trying to get food out of his teeth or something.

Does this group seen extraordinarily touchy feely?  They're always hugging and comforting each other and giving massages and kissing on the cheek and such.  I find it refreshing compared to other seasons (especially 15) and credit most of this to Frankie.  I think I'd like to have him as a friend.  He seems quite intelligent too.

Cody is not the only open mouth chewer in the house. there are several, including Frankie. And yes this is a cuddly bunch - even most of the guys. Donnie and Derrick are really the only two who keep their hands to themselves. 

I wonder if it's over-compensation because they really, really don't want to be seen as anything like the BB15 Cast.

To be honest, I'd be weirded out. Hugs, sure. Touchy-feely stuff like Zach and Frankie, though? Weirded out.

Welp, my evening is complete. I've seen Joey in a knit cap, flannel shirt, huge-ass shoes, one of the guys' shorts with something wadded up in the front, and some dark crap smeared on her face, pretending to be her alter ego, Alex. I was afraid that, since I don't have the feeds only BBAD, I wouldn't get to see this. There doesn't seem to be a point to this, she's just hunching around the house being kind of creepy. What a weirdo.

I don't know if any of you remember Big Brother 1, but they had a plot where Chicken George ran around the house pretending to be Karen. Dr. Drew said (the show used to have him analyze the houseguests) that George was getting really desperate to stay in the house and will do anything.  This is what "Alex" is making me think.

So it was Frankie's turn to baby-sit Caleb about his Amber obsession, who has now decided that Amber is a cockteasing bitch, but he's accepting that she's such a bitch that can't appreciate the God that is him, because he's got so many girls after him anyway. But, I mean, if Amber DID decide to grab a bite to eat with him after the show, he wouldn't mind, but if not, he'll just be all, "Peace out, nice knowing ya."

Dr. Drew said (the show used to have him analyze the houseguests)

Somebody get him back stat.  There's no one better qualified to publicly "treat" delusional famewhores and their particular brand of crazy.

I remember Dr. Drew being on season 1. That was where I first heard of him. He's a quack of a doctor, he doesn't know shit about being a psycho analyst. 

Most awkward, useless conversation just as BBAD started. Donny & Caleb sitting outside. I don't remember who said which and I don't want to watch it again to find out. But paraphrasing:

"It's been a busy week and it's going to be another busy few days, we ain't gonna have time for rest"

"Yeah, tomorrow is elimination. Then HOH competition."

"And then it's going to get busier. Nominations. Battle of the Block."

"Monday, Power of Veto"

"Tuesday, Wednesday, campaignin'" 

"Thursday...see ya, then right back at it. We ain't gonna have a lot of backyard time".

"And we're going to repeat it every week"

"And then, think...if you nominate someone, they can come after you since you put them up"

"There's....a....plane"

I can't believe I'm watching 2 adult men playing an actual game.

Wrote this this morning, forgot to hit "REPLY". Duh.

• Love 1
(edited)

Amber is trying so hard to stay chill and defuse the situation but Devin just won't let her. God. Amber has to be wondering what kind of bizarro world she's in where she's being expected to apologize to Caleb because she won't take his 3rd grade valentine. My god.

I'm glad to see Christine and Cody actually rubbing brain cells together and figuring out Devin's bullshit. Devin is clearly stoking this to encourage Caleb to self-destruct.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4

I just tuned into BBAD for a few minutes.  Did I seriously hear Caleb talking about how if they might pursue him to be the Bachelor?  And that if Amber shows up he'll just call the show there an pick her?   And then did I just watch a shot of the toilet room door for 5 minutes only to watch 5 people poor out of there like a clown car?  And then Amber (one of the ones crammed in the clown toilet) ran to Caleb and hugged him?  WTF??

• Love 1

I cringed when I saw Amber hug Caleb. I think she thinks that she can play nice with Caleb and get him to back down, because the "reserved" treatment wasn't working. I don't think she fully gets the extent of Caleb's obsession with her. I cannot believe Caleb's bit about going on the Bachelor and ending the show right there if Amber was on it.

Did I seriously hear Caleb talking about how if they might pursue him to be the Bachelor?  And that if Amber shows up he'll just call the show there an pick her?  

I just don't get it: why do the houseguests every single year think that being on the show will make them famous when it hasn't made a single person famous in 16 years?  Not even Julie Chen!  Ok, maybe a run on the Amazing Race, but Cody is not going to become an actor and Caleb is not going to star in a popular reality show that isn't even on CBS.

I don't blame Amber for switching tactics.  The cold shoulder wasn't working; he continued to obsess over her to absolutely everyone.  I'd try to get back on the good side of the serial killer too.

• Love 1

Me, neither. As long as she's in the house, she's better off tolerating him as best she can. Trying it the other way already put a target on her. Then once she's outside the house, she should run, not walk, to get a restraining order.

• Love 2
(edited)

From this day on, I can't stand Victoria. I get really weirded out by some sounds, it's hard to explain. I'll just say one of those sounds is someone eating an apple. Hate it. It's a joke at work that when my boss pulls his apple out at lunch (we share an office), I hightail it out of the room until he's done. 

So there it was, the first few minutes of BBAD and there's Victoria, eating an apple. Every.last.bit.of.it. Of course, right into the microphone.  But worse, was after the big apple munch was chewing with her mouth wide open and smacking her lips. It was disgusting. I'd take listening to Frankie and all his sounds, or Caleb creepily following Amber or even Devin and his man tears before listening to that bitch eat an apple again.

ETA: My God! Now is doing the same (not eating an apple, but smacking with his ice cream). Can we vote for America's Player to start a rumor that houseguests need table manners? 

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 2

Ha, Victoria's apple eating drove me nuts last night.  So badly, I was yelling at the TV "shut up" and was afraid I'd wake my husband.  I thought I was the only one annoyed by people eating apples (the sounds)!  After Dark has been quite boring to me the last week or so.  I don't have the feeds and miss out on a lot of stuff happening before or after they air.

• Love 3

Here, here Thorkim! Great minds think alike (and get bugged alike as well). Funny, because out loud I was saying, "my god, QUIT!" So, while I wasn't screaming, I can understand it completely.

I also agree about it being boring. I've watched a few minutes here and there, but deleted most of the past week. They're all aware it's on and mention it frequently. I guess they're on their best behavior.

I have the feeds, but don't watch it as much as last year. For one, the drama was better last year and I had a different job this time last year that had a lot of downtime, so was able to tune in more.

• Love 1

SO annoying, agreed. Why do people chew with their mouths open? Other than the very rare case of a medical condition, were they not taught that it's rude and disgusting? Even without a mic!

Later, Christine, Zack, and Frankie were in the bathroom area talking about when they lost their virginity. Christine grabbed some tp to blow her nose, and it kinda went like this: "I didn't lose mine until I was *HAWNK* twenty - you can imagine how *PFFFTBB* horny I was. You know how horny I am now! *HRRNK*" Yes, Christine, we all want to imagine your state of arousal while you pick/blow rockets from your nose. Then she goes on to toss the tissue, pick up her cup, and go on without washing her hands. Okay, so she probably doesn't have a cold, and maybe it's because I've worked in a school, but the sink is right behind you - WHY would you not wash your hands?

• Love 2

Christine grabbed some tp to blow her nose, and it kinda went like this: "I didn't lose mine until I was *HAWNK* twenty - you can imagine how *PFFFTBB* horny I was. You know how horny I am now! *HRRNK*"

Oh, thank you! This has me laughing. Because only Christine would blow that beak of hers while talking sexy. I saw on Jokers a picture of her and her husband when they were 14. Either they weren't together all that time or she waited. Which might be the latter because I heard her say she got married at 20.

Yesterday (the same night as apple-gate), Victoria was lying by herself in the hammock and starting singing some Israeli song or something. She was doing the "hawwwkkkk" sounds while singing it (you know, in some languages when they sound like they're hawking a loogie?) and it was driving me crazy. She was already on my D list for the apple bit. They cut away from her to show the HOH room. But then I heard the voice, "Victoria...STOP SINGING!" I know they say that for legal/copyright purposes, but it was still funny.

I deleted last nights' this morning. Boring.

Had no idea what a dental dam was! Now I do...

I am laughing, LAUGHING!  Caleb talking about how he'll be famous finale night.  He's hoping BB will have tuxedos ready for them. And a limo.  And a red carpet.  And flashing paparazzi.  Best conversation I've heard in a long time.  How he's going to wear his hair for the red carpet.  God, he's delusional.  I'm sure in his mind, he and Amber will be the new IT Couple on the cover of People.

And Frankie is on my hate list now too.  He was eating an apple!

• Love 2

No. No there's not. I wasn't sure if you saw my (and Thorkim) post upthread about the sounds of apples. So it was hearing it all over again.  But it could have been worse watching him eat a banana.

When they showed them all pouring cereal, it was time to fast forward.  It was also weird watching Brittany put an ice cube in a small ice cream-like bowl and dip her spoon in the water from the ice cube and suck it off a spoon.  I just...I don't know what that was about.

(edited)

What's the deal about eating an apple?

Doesn't anybody wash their hands before working in the kitchen?  Caleb has obviously never cooked anything by himself.  On the other hand, Derrick seems pretty comfortable preparing food.  

I just can't with Victoria.  No cats in her neighborhood unless they're on a leash?  Cats DO walk on leashes, in case anybody didn't know that, but the way she talked about it was hysterical.  The crow story continues to astound.  She made out (using tongue) with a boy when she was 8 years old? Talk about your peer pressure.  And those guinea pigs didn't open their cage doors and run away, Victoria.  Your parents killed the poor things and said they ran away.

Geeze Louise.....

One more thing.  Why don't people want to sleep with Victoria?

I loved them all sitting around asking each other questions last night.  They seem like a fun group at times.  Still, you couldn't pay me to go into the BB house.  Donny seems so out of place and uncomfortable most of the time.  Donny FTW!

Edited by slasherboy

What's the deal about eating an apple?

My post upthread, followed by Thorkim states our reason for hating the sound of apples being eaten.  And people in the house keep eating them.  Very loudly, very close to their microphone and they follow up with smacking their lips and chewing with their mouth open.

I just can't with Victoria.  No cats in her neighborhood unless they're on a leash?  Cats DO walk on leashes, in case anybody didn't know that, but the way she talked about it was hysterical.  The crow story continues to astound.  She made out (using tongue) with a boy when she was 8 years old? Talk about your peer pressure.  And those guinea pigs didn't open their cage doors and run away, Victoria.  Your parents killed the poor things and said they ran away.

Bitch is crazy. I don't know if she's delusional or she keeps lying.  When telling the cat story, she kept tripping up her story, I couldn't tell if she was being truthful or being dramatic for attention. She's so delusional thinking she is so hot. She's not ugly, but does need to turn the makeup gun down a little, starting with the eyebrows.

One more thing.  Why don't people want to sleep with Victoria?

They kind of explained it on last nights episode (I know you wrote this before), but Frankie said on BBAD that she's like up inside him while sleeping.  I guess hands everywhere, and gets up a lot.  I'm kind of a PITA to sleep with too (snore, get up frequently to pee, etc.) so for once I felt kind of bad for her. But! I know that and would warn people ahead (not that I sleep with "people", but you know...lol).  I'm guessing no one has ever told her, or she's never had a boyfriend she's slept overnight with?

• Love 1
(edited)

One thing I always find amusing is the opening teaser with Julie that goes over the foul language that you will not hear.  Right.  I hear Cody in particular saying shit on a fairly regular basis.  Just saying.

Edited by vb68

Nicole (or Amber... don't even care) was talking to Christine last night about pool, asking if she knows how to play.

Christine: "I know HOW to play, I'm just really bad at it. I prefer to watch."

On second thought, were they talking about pool, or about BB in general?

Hayden doing that handstand-walk across the yard was impressive. Kid is ripped. I think it's funny to think how Caleb and Devin probably have the biggest egos re: their bodies, while a lot of women (at least imo) would prefer the physique of a Hayden or a Cody.

• Love 2

Hayden doing that handstand-walk across the yard was impressive. Kid is ripped. I think it's funny to think how Caleb and Devin probably have the biggest egos re: their bodies, while a lot of women (at least imo) would prefer the physique of a Hayden or a Cody.

I get the feeling that this season's cast doesn't care what women prefer, it's all about impressing the 'bros.

Unless you're Caleb, who is either a crazy stalker or doing his damndest impression of one. I really can't imagine what's going through Amber's head during their "date" when Caleb is telling her he wants to be married before 30. Ugh.

I get the feeling that this season's cast doesn't care what women prefer, it's all about impressing the 'bros.

Good point. That could be a silver lining to the cloud of the inevitable female-elimination trend this season: it might be interesting to see exactly what would go down (ahem) in that house if it turns 100% Big Brother.

• Love 1

Frankie had a moment tonight where I genuinely liked him for a bit. It was when he and Cody were discussing Jacosta trying to save them. Frankie mentioned that she was praying to God to "put Frankie on the straight and narrow because he's walking a crooked path" or somesuch, which immediately offended me. Then, Frankie's response to Cody was gold, "This better be because I'm gay. You better be praying my gay away, and not praying so that I won't come after you in this game. Because that ain't gonna happen."

• Love 3

I just caught up on last night's episode; the dressed-up HGs were fun. Zach without a baseball hat was refreshing, Amber looked gorgeous, and it appeared Cody borrowed a pair of jeans from one of the girls.

My question, though, is when did Amber win a date with Howdy Doody? I didn't remember that from the veto comp.

• Love 1