Type keyword(s) to search

BB After Dark: Nighttime is the Right Time

car54
  • Start Topic

I just watched last night's episode in about 12 minutes because I fast forwarded every time someone I didn't like was talking. They have a "we'll miss you Zankie" segment that they played a couple of times. I'm surprised TVGN could be bothered to do that. It ended with two owls, one with a pink hat and one with pink hair. Could be a little cute, if half of Zankie wasn't unbearably horrific.

Edited by AndreaK1041
  • Love 3

A few comments on an all-too-overlooked facet of the TVGen broadcast of BBAD - the commercials:

1. Stephen Dorf really needs to cut back on the Blu e-cigs if he wants to continue doing things like, you know, reading lines. I've tried the Blus, and they close up my throat.

2. The cortisol/belly fat people have succeeded in making one of THE most annoying ads in the history of television. And they repeat it. THREE TIMES. Advertising-wise that's counterproductive, because I'm muting that thing as soon as I recognize the ad.

3. When did Jennifer Aniston start doing Adam&Eve ads?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3

A few comments on an all-too-overlooked facet of the TVGen broadcast of BBAD - the commercials

OK.  I need to get this off my chest.  They can not retroactively create a portmanteau.  90210 Brenda ad Dylan were never called Brendalyn or Brendyln or whatever they keep promoting every five minutes.

• Love 5

I accidentally deleted last night's BBAD from my DVR by accident - meant to hang onto this one a little while longer, but muscle memory kicked in when the playback was finished. :). Anybody know of a site streaming the BBAD episodes?

About a week ago they started airing those long fighting dog rescue and abused dog commercials in my area on BBAD.

Good it's getting the word out and help for the pups but damn those commercials break your heart. Of course all the pups are super cute and the stories so fucked up. Damn I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

: (

Edited by Petunia13

It gets my blood boiling when I think of, or hear about animal abuse, especially knowing how loving, helpless, and trusting dogs are. Only a truly evil demented fuck would exploit that for money or twisted amusement resulting in the animals anguish, harm, and death.

• Love 4

I was about an hour late getting to BBAD tonight, so I've been playing catchup through the DVR. This has turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

- Christine and Cody on the screen? Fast Forward!

- Frankie anywhere on the screen? FFx4!

I've already noticed I'm feeling much less irritated than I usually do at this point in the evening....

It's sad how once Zach was evicted (followed by neither Donny nor Nicole winning HoH) I've been incredibly lax about keeping up with BBAD. Finally watched all, though, and I'm amazed at how much I utterly hate both Frankie and Victoria.

While Nicole and Cody were recently busy prepping a giant (presumably to-be-shared) batch of slop/rice, self-proclaimed Princess Victoria asks for a knife to assist her PlayDoh amusement. Apparently she was not capable of getting off her precious ass and walking about four steps to get her own goddamned knife. No, she chooses to ask/tell someone else to retrieve it for Her Highness. Then last night she's sitting right next to the next evictee, and has the fucking balls to cry and bemoan her own fate. She gets to stay another week by sheer force of SUCKITUDE, and SHE'S the one crying. Is she so self-centered as to have NO sense of social awareness? Nicole deserves a gold star for not strangling this vapid witch with her own Ace bandage. I could write off Victoria's narcissism as "just" severely annoying if it were not for her vitriolic and petty judgments of others' behavior as "evil" and "disgusting". Go whine some more, Victoria. I can only sit here and wish she'd been born into an ancient Greek household where her constant attention-craving and exaggerated physical maladies would have left her exposed on a mountaintop.

On the other hand, Frankie's decline into pure, spiteful bitterness is utterly delectable. Is it just me, or ever since he learned of America's Overwhelming No, has he been just a wee bit cranky? I feel like we're starting to see the sparkly facade crumble just a bit - though maybe that's just the botox wearing off - and it is soooo tasty. I do not want him to win (Derrick "deserves" it, I reluctantly admit), but if he does, I'll be okay with that. I relish the thought of him finding out what America thinks of his act, and will also enjoy seeing the follow-up police on his ass about building all those wonderful schools in Africa.

• Love 5

For about the first half hour of BBAD tonight, I was noticing something different about Christine. Couldn't put my finger on it, but something was measurably less grating about her.

Then Frankie came downstairs, spoke to Christine, she opened her mouth to answer - and I said "That was it." For the half hour or so she had sat at the table without speaking, I found her tolerable. Then everything went back to normal.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled snoozefest.

• Love 4

BBAD commercial running.

ASPCA ad about dog cruelty.

Dog fighting should be punishable by the death penalty.

Done.

Sign me up to pull the trigger.  I have to be quick on the mute button when those ads come on and squint until I think it's over.  Oh wait, those are the Sorrentinos promos.

Seriously, I can't tolerate the animal abuse ads.  I know it needs to be brought to the public's attention, but I don't need late-night depression exacerbated by the sight of those poor, poor animals.

Does anybody else think Cody is f-ing adorable in his little Dino the Dinosauer suit?  Last night he was called to the DR and he walked like a T-Rex and made dino noises.  And he makes the cutest faces!  Of course, he's young enough to be my grandson but I can still relish the cuddle-bunny.  Er, the cuddle-dino.

Nashville, I was going to answer your question about why you were able to tolerate Christine for 30 minutes, but you answered it yourself.  

Victoria with her zombie eyes freaks me out.  Why was she wearing an Ace bandage on her hand?

• Love 1

Victoria with her zombie eyes freaks me out.  Why was she wearing an Ace bandage on her hand?

Joker's:

Mon 9:21 PM BBT Victoria has her hand bandaged up because she jammed her thumb earlier playing badminton. Nicole hurt her groin also.

Joker's:

Mon 9:21 PM BBT Victoria has her hand bandaged up because she jammed her thumb earlier playing badminton. Nicole hurt her groin also.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!  I never allowed  my children to play badminton, too dangerous.  

Holy shit tonight's episode was BORING! Just games, silence, small talk from a random question book.

Victoria is such a moron. She doesn't know the name of her favorite movie? Or have a favorite song? Yikes.

Ha ha ha ha!  I will stop watching.  I am at the point where she is telling the boys she was scared playing hide and seek.   Really scared.  

Victoria is such a moron. She doesn't know the name of her favorite movie? Or have a favorite song? Yikes.

What's wrong with not having a favorite movie or song? Some people just aren't "into" movies or music and it's just entertainment for the moment; others are so into them that they like too many to choose.

• Love 1

What's wrong with not having a favorite movie or song? Some people just aren't "into" movies or music and it's just entertainment for the moment; others are so into them that they like too many to choose.

I have to agree. Ask me what my favorite movie is, and I'll be doing good to narrow it down to a Top Ten.

I'm sorry to disagree but usually a person who isn't Nell can think of at least one that stands out or that touched them. She really is so bland and has no personality her only interests and all she cared about is staring in the mirror and her fake plastic hair.

Derrick has the face of an obese person but isn't fat. Weird.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

1. I am personally certain the advertising agency hired by the Relacore people hate their client SOOOOOOO much, they deliberately set out to make the most annoying TV spot on the planet to drive away their customers. And I'm pretty dern certain they succeeded.

2. In case anybody is interested, the song on the Blu e-cig "Living It Up" ad is "Two Tone Cadillac", by T Bird and the Breaks.

Yeah - when all BBAD is giving me is Cody knocking his balls around*, I'm THAT bored.

* I'll just let you wonder if he was anywhere near the pool table when I made that observation.

• Love 2

Thanks for the info on that E-cig commercial.  I don't know why, but that song just pisses me off, and I think they are singing out of key.  Maybe I'm just pissed because any favorites I've got are not going to win Big Brother.  I mute the damned thing every time it comes on to save my sanity.

Was watching the Petsmart "Dinner With Dancing" ad, and all I could notice was how Mom was shaking her ass.

Me too!  And now that you've brought it to my attention, it bugs me even more.  Thanks a lot!

2. In case anybody is interested, the song on the Blu e-cig "Living It Up" ad is "Two Tone Cadillac", by T Bird and the Breaks.

I was wondering.  Any idea who that guy is?

BTW Victoria - Special K is not corn flakes. Rice and wheat, dear.

This annoyed me too. Enough to say out loud "it's rice, you moron". There is just no there there with her. Derrick can think it all her wants but she is vapid and dull. And humorless.
  • Love 1
(edited)

20 minutes into the first ep of BBAD and I'm DONE with Jace.  Asshat. That said, Jason needs to go first.  Pretty please?

An hour in now - thank God the women aren't buying what Jace is selling.  I don't want to watch an entire season of him ruling the roost.

Edited by Wouldofshouldof

Jace is so annoying. For some reason, he thinks he is the host of the show. STFU! Jeez! I really hope he is out the door first. Between his annoying personality & unfortunate tattoo I can't wait for him to leave. Last night, when the LIVE Feed was supposedly starting he kept asking BB if they were on. Also, he talks over everbody and tries to top the story of the person talking. I can hardly wait till he's blindsided and evicted. Hopefully, it's him first.

• Love 1

I will say the most annoying thing about the live feed/AD is the starting/stopping in the middle of conversations. Gets a little jarring.  Its also difficult to hear when they are whispering. 

Maybe it gets better as the season progresses, but hearing them talk about events that haven't been shown on TV yet makes it confusing as well.

I was surprised that Vanessa kindof fell apart so quickly.  I would assume that she'd be apart from her girlfriend more often with poker game traveling.

I popped in for a minute but was immediately reminded that the whispering is the worst part for me.  It just makes me more conscious that as I age I continue to slowly lose hearing.  Not the feeling I watch TV for!  So I'll just keep checking there instead.  Mostly.

Holy shitsnacks - I'm usually able to soldier through this entire show (running in the background, of course), but Vanessa actually makes me dive for the FF. If this is legit, she's a goddamned weakling (I'm sure that house must get grating, but an effing WEEK IN?); if it's "acting", then she's a shitty actress. She's whining and crying, and people are actually LISTENING to her and trying to comfort as best a near-stranger can, and she's repeatedly saying shit like "no, that's NOT what I'm saying", "you don't understand", etc. Um, annoying and alienating much?

And with the very first episode I'm already too worked up about this stuff. Hi, summertime!

• Love 1

What in the hell is Ron Paul threatening me for in this ad? It's very late at night, sir.

Don't feel bad.  He threatens everybody.

Quick question: what time does BBAD run in Pacific/Mountain time?  Wondering if you're seeing the same thing as us EST/CST folks simultaneously, or if you're on a 2- or 3-hour delay.

(edited)

I think with cable there is a delay, but with satellite we get all the non-network channels on EST, so I watch at 9:00 live.

ETA: My comment about it being late stands though, since I wake up for work in the 4 o'clock hour in the summer. Anything after 9 is late to me!

Edited by AndreaK1041
(edited)

OMG...this shit with Jace and Steve.  It's like he's tell some ghost story around the campfire on Halloween.  "And then the HOH with a hook for a hand jumped out of the garbage can and slashed the hitchhiker spending the night in the BB house.  And you are that hitchhiker Steve!  You!   They're coming for you next!  He'll scrap your face off with the hook he got in his HOH basket!"

And Jace is such a pussy.  If he tried this bullshit with anyone else in the house they'd laugh in his face and tell him to go fuck himself.  That's it Jace, pick on the geeky young guy.  Maybe that and a new stick of Right Guard will make you feel better after crying in the corner that no one likes you.  I mean seriously, what does he think breaking Steve down is going to do for him.

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 1

What did Jace tell Steve everybody called him behind his back?  He was about to say it when it cut out and I missed what he said.  Anybody catch it?  Also, why in the hell is Steve just sitting there taking this shit?!?!  Just walk out, little buddy!  

On the other hand, I find it fascinating to watch.