Type keyword(s) to search

BB After Dark: Nighttime is the Right Time

car54
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Best BBAD Line of the Night Award tonight goes to... Jeff!!!  For this reply to Becky when she asked how he was doing tonight:

Jeff: I'm just kicking it, laying low.

Dude, I wish the outboard on my bass boat ran as long as your mouth.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

Best BBAD Line of the Night Award tonight goes to... Jeff!!!  For this reply to Becky when she asked how he was doing tonight:

Jeff: I'm just kicking it, laying low.

Dude, I wish the outboard on my bass boat ran as long as your mouth.

I guess I don't get it.  Why is Jeff's response so ... good/bad/interesting/fascinating/true/false/accurate/whatever it is that warrants the Best BBAD Line of the Night Award?  Please enlighten me, thankyouverymuch.

I guess I don't get it.  Why is Jeff's response so ... good/bad/interesting/fascinating/true/false/accurate/whatever it is that warrants the Best BBAD Line of the Night Award?  Please enlighten me, thankyouverymuch.

For Jeff, "laying low" apparently means slowing down his nonstop conversations to a level equivalent to your average auctioneer. To the best of my knowledge/observation, the boy has never stopped talking - unless he stopped to catch his breath while I was taking a bathroom break.

• Love 1

OMG.  I flipped over to BBAD for 2 minutes and Austin and Jeff are saying that someone was forced to vote for Jace by America because America loved Jace and how boisterous he was.  I just can't with these people.

Jackie wanted their relationship to continue after the race and he didn't!  Stuns.

Looking back, I'm pretty sure this was the basis for my initial assumption of Jackie not necessarily being all that bright.

• Love 3

So the BBAD feeds are interesting, but after sitting through nearly 2 hours a night (ff through commercials), I don't think I could stand a 24 hour feed to listen/watch.  Though I admit, it sometimes get annoying when it cuts off at the end in the middle of some interesting conversation.  Sometimes I do have to wonder how "live" they are when one moment we're watching player A in one room with one outfit on taking to Player B, then commercials, then back to see Player A in a different room, talking to a different person and sometimes wearing something else (adding a sweater or such).

It seems to never fail that right when a couple of players start talking real strategy, commercial break.  Very annoying.

I do like watching it for at least a little extra info than shown on the episodes.  I don't have the time to watch more feeds, the 2 hour or so BBAD (ff through commercials) is about all the time I can muster.  Even then,its sometimes hard to get to it every day.  Definitely going to take it off my DVR during vacation, I'm not coming back to 14-15 3 hour shows.  Catching up on the 6-7 episodes i'll miss will be hard enough.

• Love 1

Why does Clay wear that stupid headband when he's in the hot tub?  He looks so stupid.

I think he wears that stupid headband to protect that stupid sideways pompadour thing he's got going on.

• Love 1

I do wish they'd permanently get rid of the have-not concept. Granted, it's not that the HGs have been blowing up the feeds lately, but it does seem like the last few nights of BBAD have been more entertaining than usual. Seeing them physically active (relatively speaking) and engaged in stupid games like saying lines with silly accents is so much more enjoyable than watching listless bodies scattered on couches. Clay's still a dimwit and I look forward to his and Shelli's demise, but his baby accent last night was cracking me up.

And for a minority opinion, I just do not like Steve that much. Was he not accused of and caught sneaking around, hiding behind objects, and listening in on people? So what does he do last night? Exactly that. It was obviously in a jokey manner - in that everyone knew what he was doing, and he was being cutesy about it - but his total lack of perception of social interaction, well, annoys me. I guess he may have some actual disorder (may be "on the spectrum" or what have you), but 1) that's still speculation, and 2) to me it's like a physically handicapped person who goes on Survivor, TAR, or DWTS. Someone missing a limb, for example, has a tougher row to hoe, but he should know exactly what challenges to expect, and more often than not, makes a statement about wanting to be treated equally and not seen only for his disability. I don't cut that person slack to accommodate his condition - he should be assessed as other contestants are. If he overcomes the difficulties and succeeds at the game - what an awesome accomplishment and my hat's off! But right now I think the awkwardness in the room when Steve's involved is palpable even through the screen. I feel like shaking some sense into him, as I think he could be fun to watch if he'd just pick up on some social cues and try to act less like a curious alien bird.

I was annoyed at the 2hour BBAD the other night that cut out just before the HGs were going to start playing Truth or Dare.  WTF?  No fair.

I'm NINETY PERCENT CERTAIN Production does that intentionally - sets up something to happen immediately after the BBAD time window expires, and tells the HGs to play it up as a Big Thing - as a teaser to induce BBAD watchers to buy the feeds and continue watching. :)

• Love 2
as a teaser to induce BBAD watchers to buy the feeds and continue watching. :)

Yeah, well, I was watching this two days later from a DVR, as I'm not staying up to 2-3am watching BB.  So not enticing me to buy anything, heh.  At least with it on DVR, I can fast forward through commercials and feeds that don't seem important or interesting.  Gets me through a typical 3 hour BBAD in 90 minutes or less.

• Love 2

You can lie, cheat, whine, flirt, and bang all you want on this show and to me it's grist for the mill. As soon as you leave the water running WHILE you brush your teeth, though... that disgusts and offends to the very core of my being. Audrey is dead to me. DEAD, I say!

• Love 2

A BBAD episode from last week (Week 5, specifically Saturday, July 25th) provided insight into the mysterious "Steve hates Becky" DR in ep 17.16, which confounded not only episode viewers but the Feeds thread.  It included a conversation between Steve and Vanessa in the HoH, where she was catching him up on things

(since they have a secret alliance)

but not telling him the whole truth.  For example, she didn't tell him that James was throwing the BotB, she distorted several facts about the Twins/Austin situation, and I don't think she even clued him in about "Dark Moon".

But anyway, she was talking about how they wanted to reach out to Becky, pull her into working with the Sixth Sense (and Steve) group, and Steve mentioned that he'd been trying to have a strategic conversation with Becky for a while, and in Week 3 he finally got her to agree to one, and when they had it he didn't feel as though he was getting a lot back from her…and then he went downstairs and caught her whispering in Jason's ear.  Now she could have whispering about something entirely different, but Steve assumed she was leaking the information he had given to her.  (We saw in the most recent broadcast episode that Becky can be a rat…not that she's the only one in the house, of course.)

This may explain some of his antipathy towards her…although it still doesn't account for the level of venom seen in that DR, IMO.

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1

A few thoughts:

I believe this cast gets along better than any I've ever seen before, or at least remember.  I love how they all sit down to dinner together every night and they don't bitch about cleaning up and they actually DO clean up after they eat.

I can't stand Vanessa and her intense way of speaking at others.

The twins' voices drive. me. f'in. CRAZY!!

Love me some James and his kitty cat hat.

What the holy hell is going on with Austin's skanky hair and beard.  That and him being shirtless while cooking makes me a bit nauseous.  

I like Johnny Mac a whole bunch.

If Becky tells that damn train-hit-me-in-the-face story one more time, imma scream!

Speaking of Becky, I haven't seen her take a single, solitary bite of food this entire season.  I'm glad to see the others, especially the girls, scarf down their food.

That's enough for now.

• Love 4

What the holy hell is going on with Austin's skanky hair and beard.  That and him being shirtless while cooking makes me a bit nauseous.

When I tuned in briefly Friday night, Austin's hair and beard looked freshly cleaned and Liz was braiding it. His hair looked like a lighter color than usual; what does he do to get it dirty so quick? Although, I suppose it could have been a trick of the lighting.

When I tuned in briefly Friday night, Austin's hair and beard looked freshly cleaned and Liz was braiding it. His hair looked like a lighter color than usual; what does he do to get it dirty so quick? Although, I suppose it could have been a trick of the lighting.

Don't ask - but Liz seems happy.

(I know, I know... couldn't resist....)

Tonight's Orwell's Drinking Game:

Take a swig every time one of the twins says "EEEEEWWWWWW!!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOME OF YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE.

Edited by Nashville

"Jaaaaaaaaaaaames-aaaa!!"

If Liz (or Julia, can't tell them apart, don't try) whines that one more time, I'm going to shoot my TV.  Can't STAND their voices, inflections, and anything else associated with them opening their mouths.

The problem is that he gets in the shower and uses the water. Period. Has he ever been caught on camera in the shower using soap or shampoo?

• Love 1

The problem is that he gets in the shower and uses the water. Period. Has he ever been caught on camera in the shower using soap or shampoo?

Of course not. The soap and shampoo are far too busy being featured in product placement ads to actually be USED, donchaknow. :P

• Love 2

I happened to tune across BBAD last night in time to see the F3 get treated with the fixings for caramel apples, an obvious reference to the HOH endurance comp. Anybody know what viewers were given as the other option to vote on?

Ice cream.

Liz was teaching (trying to teach) Steve how to shuffle cards.  How old is this guy?  I've been playing cards (and shuffling them) since I was in diapers.  Our boy is becoming a man!

I find myself oddly comforted by these 3 chatting amicably (and playing Potball) as I drift off to sleep.  Imma miss them after tonight. Not really.  Ok, maybe a little.

• Love 1

I don't think Liz knew either.  Vanessa must be dieing wanting to tell them who/what she really is.  I'd have to tell them if it was me.

They know she played professional poker. They just don't know the extent of her success. She taught them to play a couple of different kinds of poker this week, since they got that deck of cards.

Caught this on Joker's:

Thu 11:49 PM BBT  They did the strip tease but we got fished cause they sang Happy Birthday while doing it.

Somewhat surprised, because it wasn't censored on BBAD.

(edited)
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Caught this on Joker's:

Thu 11:49 PM BBT  They did the strip tease but we got fished cause they sang Happy Birthday while doing it.

Somewhat surprised, because it wasn't censored on BBAD.

Interesting.  POP clearly missed this and will probably have to pay.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=5413561&page=1

if you want to use it in a television show, a movie, or a television commercial, you'll pay anywhere from $5,000 to $30,000 for those rights."

Edited by wings707
18 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I thought Happy Birthday is in the public domain now?  

I didn't find mention of that when I searched for how much networks had to pay.  I am surprised that POP did not get the fish, I thought they streamed the feeds as we do.