Type keyword(s) to search

BB After Dark: Nighttime is the Right Time

car54
  • Start Topic

BBAD has been surprisingly good the last few nights. Lots of game talk, and Natalie and Michelle were flat out hysterical last night with the prank they played on Paul. I've been pleasantly surprised because normally it's largely snooze worthy and mostly them eating or similar stuff.

I like when the HGs are talking about production and we get fish on the feeds but no fish here!  We hear and see more of what they are doing against the rules with no interruption. 

• Love 1

On the plus side, tonight has been very educational.

If it weren't for BBAD I may have never heard the word blouch, or been motivated to discover its meaning.

In a certain sense, it seems totally appropriate I learned this term from Paulie.  ;>

Don't know about yall, but this season I'm finding Orwell's evictee commentary flatter than front row at a One Direction concert.

Previous season Orwell comments were personalized snarky one-liner responses to each evictee-specific clip, and the snark was good - good enough that I looked forward to Friday nights, to see the newest Orwell take on the latest Thursday evictee.

This season, though?  Canned responses which have nothing to do with the evictee clip.

Case in point: Bridgette's evictee clip is the take of her looking directly at one of the House cameras and saying (in a comment originally directed to Frank), "I don't know what I'm doing here.

In past seasons this would have been Orwell gold - begging for a response like:

• "It showed."
  • "That's why you're out now, toots!"
  • "But do you know why you're gone now?"
  • We know you didn't."

What do we get this season, though?  "It's anybody's game now."

Lame.

3 hours ago, Darva6 said:

If I see one more Baywatch ad while watching this show I will put a gun in my mouth. I fast forward as quick as I can but I always seem to catch some of it! HATE!

Yup yup yup.  Someone needs to feed Camera Douchebag his telephoto lens, stat.

• Love 1

Does/Did anyone have After Dark today? I set my alarm, only to find an episode of Intervention Canada :( 

There was a message at the bottom of the screen saying the regularly scheduled program wasn't available due to technical difficulties. 

13 hours ago, Fex said:

Does/Did anyone have After Dark today? I set my alarm, only to find an episode of Intervention Canada :( 

There was a message at the bottom of the screen saying the regularly scheduled program wasn't available due to technical difficulties. 

We got two back-to-back repeat BB episodes from this season.  I just figured they were still playing the HoH comp.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

We got two back-to-back repeat BB episodes from this season.  I just figured they were still playing the HoH comp.

Thanks! That makes more sense than "technical difficulties"

• Love 1

Swear to god - if I never hear the show choir bunch singing the "mother/father/children/sisters/brothers" song again it'll be too soon.

What about that second cousin twice removed - gonna leave her out of the mix??? 

Or your grandmother?  Or Granny's cat?

YOU ASSHOLES!!!!

;)

Edited by Nashville
Mad grandma props
  • Love 1

First Orwell Drinking Game of the night:

Paul appears to be sitting pretty.  If you're happy about that, take a drink; if you're not, drink two.

Gonna be a looooooonnnnnnnng night....

Edited by Nashville
Paul, not Paulie. Geez....
  • Love 1

First BBAD of the season was quite interesting (for someone who cannot get the feeds).  Alex told Jillian that Christmas used to be an addict, big time.  Are we supposed to already know that?  I didn't watch any of the presentations and interviews.

10 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Ew.  Kevin.  The fingernails on his little fingers are painted/polished gray.  The girl with tattoos down her right arm has man hands.  That's all I've seen so far.

That is Christmas and she painted his nails. 

Trying to watch last night's episode.  Why is Raven dressed up like she just returned from a cocktail party?  Paul is endlessly talking and I keep hearing a southern female voice that snorts while laughing.  Is that Raven?  A lot of snorting. 

I've barely checked out the feeds, because it is the same people repeating the same things over and over. Turned on BBAD, and it's the same people saying the same thing over and over. I'm turning to a rerun of Psych. It's an episode where Dule Hill and his college quartet sing, and I can listen to that over and over. 

• Love 2

On Monday night's show -

Paul:  "I didn't win last year by being deceitful. I worked my ass off. "  Is he really trying to convince them he won?  Elena, Dom, and Raven just nod and listen in awe. 

Also, Dom literally sat with a plastic cup blocking her mouth, and spoke with her eyes darting around like a paranoid nut.  She did this long enough to drink a well full.  She must have realized how stupid she looked and put the cup down.

• Love 1

So - on last night's BBAD the Poor Raven Telethon put me to sleep, and I missed the rest of the show.  Did I miss anything good?  Did Jerry Lewis come out at the end?  I love the part where he sings "You'll Never Walk Alone"....  :P

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/16/2017 at 9:49 PM, slasherboy said:

Where is everybody?

I know, right? I only watch BBAD, but like to follow the Live Feed thread and post there. It's sad, but watching them for three hours almost every night (2 on Thurs) makes me fully able to imagine things happening as they're described in the live feed.

That said, last night while everyone was playing pool.... wowza at Mark's outfit. There is nothing wrong with wearing bright pink shorts and a tank top, but all I could think of was an SNL Robert Smigel cartoon. He looks like he walked out of an Ambiguously Gay Duo episode and came to life.

Edited by Dewey Decimate
  • Love 3

I've watched BBAD the last two nights for the first time this season. The feed is constantly on Paul. I will say he's really good at popping in to rooms, talking to the couple people there like they are his most important alliance and then popping out. I could see myself getting fooled by that. 

I still don't know which one is Mark and which one is Matt. Don't tell me, I don't care. 

Jessica seems like she's done a lot of positive work for her game in 3 days. Well done her. 

So tonight's BBAD ends up being monopolized by - you guessed it, PAUL!!!  

More specifically, Makeup Tips With Paul And Elena!

Why is it you can never find a bullet when you need one...?

ETA: Screw this horseshit - I have the latest GoT on the DVR.  Outs.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 2

Then again - sometimes on BBAD, you just get lucky.

The Setup: Raven has been increasingly salty - and increasingly vocal - about her displeasure over the fact Production hasn't called her for a DR in the past 2+ days.

Then - at 12:11AM CDT / 10:11PM BBT, in the HoH room:

• BB: "Raven, please go to the Diary Room."
  • Raven immediately freaks out - jumping up and down and shrieking "You DO love me!!! You DO know who I am!!!  YAY!!!" at a pitch guaranteed to make dogs wince - before making a dash for the HoH door.  Then, just as Raven is exiting...
  • Matt: "Babe...?"
  • Raven stops, turns in the doorway.
  • Matt: "Don't mess it up."
  • Raven: "Fucker!" with accompanying bird released into flight, before heading out HoH door.
  • Matt (just before door closes): "No, just walked her home - thanks for asking."

That just made the entire evening worthwhile.  :>

• Love 2

Well, this thread is dead.  Anyway, I tuned in last night to watch Paul's work out routine.  Apparently, it includes mimicking kayaking, backwards, with a pool stick.  I also saw him advising Josh on how to work out.  Does Paul think he's an expert now because he's shared the same house as Christmas?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Well, this thread is dead.  Anyway, I tuned in last night to watch Paul's work out routine.  Apparently, it includes mimicking kayaking, backwards, with a pool stick.  I also saw him advising Josh on how to work out.  Does Paul think he's an expert now because he's shared the same house as Christmas?

No, Hanukkah is retroactively a crossfit expert now because she's shared the same House as Paul - his expertise warps the space-time continuum.

• Love 2

Every season I particularly look forward to BBAD.  I don't get the feeds but I really enjoy watching the hamsters in their natural surroundings being themselves.  But this year I just can't because they're all so repulsive and I don't care about following in one hamster in particular, nor do I enjoy the game talk.  So I rarely watch BBAD this season and that's why this thread is dead, because I'm not alone.

Oh, my poor pathetic life.....

• Love 2

Aggghhhhh!!! I think someone at BB is a Twin Peaks fan - watching Kevin talk to the camera on last night's BBAD and they zoomed in on the stuffed owl sitting beside him, and there was electrical feedback. This explains everything!!!! Paul is a Woodsman!!!!

• Love 1

Night before last when the HGs were doing the "unicorn milkshake" thing, two thoughts kept going through my head:

1. Given all the emphasis on unicorns, the guys in the Production booth are either definitely not Deadpool fans - or they definitely are.
  2. Had they had so chosen, Production could have sent a clear and direct message to the HGs about viewer perceptions of this season by simply replacing the milkshake ingredients with multiple packets of Kool-Aid.

;>

• Love 3

Ok - I just gotta ask:

What the everlovin' monkeyfuck is the deal with that damn lady's scarf Kevin had tied around his head last night?

It's not a bandanna, it's not a do-rag - it's a scarf.  A frikkin' SCARF.

I don't know what look Kevin was shooting for, but he looks like a late-'60s/early-'70s housewife about to fire up the ol' Hoovermatic and get to housecleaning.

:P

• Love 2

FYI - BB better get somebody to minding that aquarium soon, or they're going to lose all the fish.  The one Josh was moaning about so badly last night wanting to give it mouth-to-mouth because it was staying up at the top of the aquarium "gasping for air"?  Most likely it has ick - a parasitic infection which, if untreated, can result in 100% mortality in a tank. 

One of the side-effects of ick infestation is damage to an infected fish's gills, which means the fish's ability to absorb oxygen from the surrounding water is compromised - hence the "gasping" at the top of the aquarium.  Oxygen concentrations in a tank are highest at the point of air/water contact (the top of the tank), and the fish is struggling to get every bit of oxygen it can.

9 hours ago, Nashville said:

And tonight's BBAD Special Edition is: Adventures in Sleeping!!!

Think I'm about ready to switch over to the DVR and catch up on FTWD.

Somebody let me know if they do something drastic like - wake up.

Thanks for this comment. I'm just going to go straight to delete on my DVR.... 

• Love 1

Pop TV gave them questions to answer from twitter, and I found it actually kind of interesting. Annoying though when it goes to commercial right after asking a question, so we miss the answer. I was never sure if we missed time during the commercial breaks, so I guess now I know!

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Mmmm... popcorn....

I find it hard d to believe coconut oil is the reason some thought it was the best ever.  I think they had been eating microwave packs. 

I pop it in olive oil and drizzel it with butter. That has to be better.  Coconut oil is tasteless and why I don't use it in regular cooking. 

9 hours ago, Wings said:

I find it hard d to believe coconut oil is the reason some thought it was the best ever.  I think they had been eating microwave packs. 

I pop it in olive oil and drizzel it with butter. That has to be better.  Coconut oil is tasteless and why I don't use it in regular cooking. 

I make my popcorn in coconut oil and add a little salt once its done. The best popcorn ever, seriously.  I have popped in olive oil in the past. Something about coconut oil makes amazing. 

Just now, imjagain said:

I make my popcorn in coconut oil and add a little salt once its done. The best popcorn ever, seriously.  I have popped in olive oil in the past. Something about coconut oil makes amazing. 

There are 2 types of coconut oil. One is white and has a mild cocnut flavor, the other is clear and solid when refrigerated. Which do you use?