Whimsy
  • Start Topic

image.png.7dac6ac9e0064263245b3290fb65597e.png

From CBS.com

Elizabeth Beisel

Biography

Hometown: Saunderstown, Rhode Island
Current residence: Saunderstown, Rhode Island

Hobbies: Surfing, violin, and wakeboarding.

Pet peeves: I hate when people have conversations while scrolling on their phones. Be present and in the moment without your phone.

Three words to describe you: Gregarious, competitive, and loyal.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Becoming the youngest member of the United States Olympic Team in 2008 at 15 years old.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My best friend Allison. She and I have been to three Olympics together. After the 2012 Olympics where she won five medals, she went through a serious post-Olympic depression. She is now a mental health advocate for athletes and speaks around the country. She is a true hero.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
I love classical music and have played the violin since I was 3 years old.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Kara. Her exuberant personality and positive attitude reminds me of myself.

What's your primary motivation for being on Survivor?
To compete again. I retired from swimming a year ago and I miss challenging myself and bringing myself to the edge. Second reason... one million dollars.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I'm physically, mentally, and socially strong. I can easily connect with people—my alliances will be strong and help carry me through the game. I can win individual Immunity due to my strength as an athlete. I'm a tough girl who will fight until the end.

I was thinking Kara was one of the blondes from Ghost Island, and I thought someone named Libby was on DvsG.  I guess I got my seasons (and blondes) mixed up.  So she was the one seen in an IG video with her Survivor boyfriend Alec when they got home from filming, which ultimately helped get him un-invited from the reunion show (I still think there's a lot more to that story).  I remember as the season wound down she got more visible with her game play, but it was kind of like 'too little too late.'

So with she go the way of the other Olympic swimmer on here, Katrina from HHH, or will she actually be able to be competitive?

What a reprehensible human being.  She complains about being sexually harassed, Janet stands up for her and then she betrays Janet.  

Sexual harassment is not an effing game a tool or a strategy.  It is a reprehensible act that needs to be confronted honestly.

Elizabeth either slandered Dan, or slandered Janet who stood up for her against Dan (clearly the latter, IMO).

No decent human being should have anything to do with Elizabeth.  When she walks down the street, people should turn their backs to her.

• Love 21

If I were her and Missy, I wouldn't get on SM for awhile.  I can not wait to hear them spin what went down tonight.

All season I haven’t liked Elizabeth but couldn’t exactly pin point why.  Tonight I have answer.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

If I were her and Missy, I wouldn't get on SM for awhile.  I can not wait to hear them spin what went down tonight.

Sexual harassment is never going to be stopped as long as women behave as despicably as Elizabeth and Missy did.  

They are using it as a strategy to advance themselves and they ended up taking the side of the harasser and stabbing their defender in the back.  They are utter scum and they enable harassers like Dan.  

I'm not sure I can even continue to watch this season with scum like Missy, Elizabeth and Dan on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

News flash Elizabeth- Sexual harassment is not “game play”...it’s a real issue and because of you women will be less likely to report it.  

You are now firmly in Colton territory.  

Elizabeth and Missy have been inducted into the Varner Zone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Sexual harassment is never going to be stopped as long as women behave as despicably as Elizabeth and Missy did.  

They are using it as a strategy to advance themselves and they ended up taking the side of the harasser and stabbing their defender in the back.  They are utter scum and they enable harassers like Dan.  

I'm not sure I can even continue to watch this season with scum like Missy, Elizabeth and Dan on the show.

I was fully expecting Dan to quit tonight.  The way the TC was going, and how upset he was getting (and I loved how Probst didn't even care), I thought he was going to stand up and say it was better if he left the game.

Instead, it was poor Janet who did nothing wrong saying she was considering quitting.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be anyone not named Janet, Jamal, Noura, or Karishma right now.  Considering some of these contestants are in different time zones, they probably have no idea why they are suddenly getting hate.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Assuming it even comes up in the finale, considering that they didn't get called out for it here. Just the occasional lingering camera shot on them. 

10 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Dan Foley and Will

I remember Dan Foley was horrible but I don't remember exactly what he did.  I'm pretty sure Missy and Elizabeth have sunk even lower.

Will was sort of in the position Janet was put in by Missy and Elizabeth (though not a such a serious topic) and overreacted badly.  Like Janet, he did something noble and was being honest, but was unfairly painted as a snake.  That said, Shirin unfairly trashing him was more typical Survivor play and didn't cross the type of line that Missy and Elizabeth did.  

If Janet had gone Will Sims on Dan, Missy and Elizabeth, I would not have minded it at all.   

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I remember Dan Foley was horrible but I don't remember exactly what he did.

Dan was a pompous ass who thought very highly of himself but didn't have the goods to back it up.  He was a chauvinistic mainsplainer, a truly dumb person who thought he was the smartest person in every interaction, and had a very thin skin.

I never thought it would be possible, but I feel better about Dan after the reckless malevolence displayed by Missy and Elizabeth last night.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I remember Dan Foley was horrible but I don't remember exactly what he did.  I'm pretty sure Missy and Elizabeth have sunk even lower.

Will was sort of in the position Janet was put in by Missy and Elizabeth (though not a such a serious topic) and overreacted badly.  Like Janet, he did something noble and was being honest, but was unfairly painted as a snake.  That said, Shirin unfairly trashing him was more typical Survivor play and didn't cross the type of line that Missy and Elizabeth did.  

If Janet had gone Will Sims on Dan, Missy and Elizabeth, I would not have minded it at all.   

The Will I am thinking of, and I might have the name wrong, was the other massive jack ass on Dan Foley's season who told the women, whose name I don't remember, that she had no soul at tribal council.

Dan was a chauvinistic asshole who was a bully and did not believe in flipping on people. He was a power hungry asshole who willingly ostracized one of his allies, Mike, who was also an asshole but to a slightly lesser extent, for having the audacity to put Mike's game in front of Dan's and their original tribe. Dan constantly talked down to and mansplained things to the women in the tribe. Sierra was an idiot who accepted this treatment and never flipped even though she should have. Will was the Conservative Christian who did not have much of an edit until a couple of episode where he was a hard core dick at tribal.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I know it makes me a shitty person but I had a real good time reading her heinous ass get called out.

12 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Elizabeth is getting dragged on her Twitter feed.   Well deserved.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ebeisel34/status/1194326368621867008

Real world consequences.  Her Olympian status is forever tarnished.  People won't trust her.  She crossed a line and she'll pay for it.

Now if only the same were true of Dan.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Real world consequences.  Her Olympian status is forever tarnished.  People won't trust her.  She crossed a line and she'll pay for it.

Now if only the same were true of Dan.

Well, Dan made his Twitter account private, so he is probably getting the backlash he deserves as well, but is doing a better job of ducking it.   Hopefully, he will be run out of business or at least suffer financially for this.   I wonder what his wife thinks about all this?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I know it makes me a shitty person but I had a real good time reading her heinous ass get called out.

I guess it makes me a shittier person because I was one of the ones who enjoyed calling her heinous ass out.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I'm kind of surprised that it's been radio silence on her and Missy's end.  In fact, Aaron's the only one I've seen come out and apologize for last night's events.  I'm wondering if that's production maybe starting with him, or if the girls are taking this really hard and can't issue a statement.  It just is weird.  Aaron didn't get as much blow back, although he was probably 4th behind the two girls and Dan.  Maybe they figure start with him?  Assuming production is behind it. 

• Love 2

When I was on Elizabeth's Twitter page, one of the suggested, related accounts was swimmer Ryan Lochte, who was disgraced after falsely claiming to have been robbed with a gun held to his head, during the 2016 Olympics in Rio.

It made me wonder if too much exposure to chlorine causes character defects like pathological lying  :)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm kind of surprised that it's been radio silence on her and Missy's end.  In fact, Aaron's the only one I've seen come out and apologize for last night's events.  I'm wondering if that's production maybe starting with him, or if the girls are taking this really hard and can't issue a statement.  It just is weird.  Aaron didn't get as much blow back, although he was probably 4th behind the two girls and Dan.  Maybe they figure start with him?  Assuming production is behind it. 

I think Aaron was lied to by Missy and Elisabeth and last night he realized he had been played. I think he could apologize without discussing the game. Missy and Elisabeth justified their behavior as game play. Since they cannot discuss the game right now, they cannot address what happened. At least, that is my guess.

• Love 1
Just now, ProfCrash said:

I think Aaron was lied to by Missy and Elisabeth and last night he realized he had been played. I think he could apologize without discussing the game. Missy and Elisabeth justified their behavior as game play. Since they cannot discuss the game right now, they cannot address what happened. At least, that is my guess.

I posted this in Tommy's thread, but he also issued an apology and said he didn't have all the facts or was aware of what was really going on until he watched back.  He said he voted Kellee off because she was a threat, but had he known what he knows now, he said that likely would have changed his vote.  So I do wonder if the men really weren't aware (and, as you said, being told things by some of the other women that were their allies, and were using the situation for their own game play purposes).  I've watched Aaron's apology several times, and I really do think he was caught off guard by what happened and genuinely remorseful.

• Love 2

Honestly there is not much I hate more in todays society than the twitter mob mentality and the Cancel culture that goes with it. Especially when it concerns people reacting to what they see on an edited reality tv game show in which lying and deceiving is part of the game and in which the players themselves are not privy to the same information that the viewers of the show are (as Aaron kind of confirms in his apology today). I will wait to see what Elizabeth has to say but she definitely has a lot to lose: A book coming out in February, and endorsement deal with Speedo, her job mentoring young athletes.

• Love 3

Heh, I was just about to post something about if you were Elizabeth’s PR person, how would you handle this. Her PR person beat me to it!:)

i think this is about as good of an apology that could be drafted. 

The one thing that grates me about this one & Aaron’s is the line in each that’s basically “this isn’t who I am/this doesn’t reflect my character”.  Yes, it was who you were in that moment and did reflect your character in that moment. You might have liked to believe you’d never do something like that, but you did.  Just leave that qualifier out in future apologies & own it. 

• Love 12

Well, I read it...and re-read it.

Since she, apart from Dan, is the worst offender, I was most curious about how her apology would go. I mean, it's not a bad apology, but I feel like she's really tarnished her reputation, and no apology is going to help that right now. I feel like, if there was anyone who needed a video apology, it's Elizabeth. Because, just from these words, I can't tell IF she even feels bad. Maybe she does, and I hope she does, but these words feel scripted. Obviously, since it took 24 hours to get it out so it gave her more time to write something, but what she did has made me root against her.

I get not having all of the information, but not having all of the information does NOT mean you use sexual harassment as a strategy. There are some lines you shouldn't cross. Elizabeth crossed it and she's going to have a very tough time bouncing back from this, and rightfully so.

• Love 13

So, I think she’s vile in what she did. Same with Missy.  Same with Aaron. But at some point, we’ve got to see the awful contrast between demanding a video to see the sincerity of their apology to other, less sincere actors, demanding a video to accept someone’s allegations of abuse (cough..ray rice case..cough).

Makes me uncomfortable.  

• Love 2

I can't decide if it's making me rationally or irrationally angry that effing Aubry "My one Survivor skill is centering myself in literally every narrative" Bracco is replying to people on Twitter who aren't on board with this apology, trying to shout them down about not having all of the information because they don't understand the Survivor experience, as though she were also actually there and in possession of a complete set of facts.

Either way, STFU forever, Aubry. You're not helping.

• Love 9

Elizabeth (and Missy) are full of crap.  Their apologies and desperate damage control and pile more lies on top of the vile ones they told on the show.

First of all, I am sure they believed Kellee, but decided to use it for a move.  They knew Feely Dan was all over the women, and Missy was personally bothered by it.   

But, even if we assume that they didn't know Kellee was telling the truth, Elizabeth knew she she didn't feel harassed, yet she pretended she did.  

Then she lied to Janet and recruited her to be the defender of the women, as a move, and then threw her under the bus and painted her as  the manipulative one, inventing stories of sexual harassment for gain in the game.

Elizabeth is total trash.  No person with a shred of character of decency could do what she and Missy did.   

Anyone who hires either of these evil liars is asking for trouble.  They have demonstrated that they will tell any lie, no matter how vile, to get what they want.  

• Love 13

You can lie about a lot of things in this game, and it doesn't matter. But lying about sexual harrassment is different, it crossed the line.  There are just some things one should not lie about, and this is one of them.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, omophagia said:

I can't decide if it's making me rationally or irrationally angry that effing Aubry "My one Survivor skill is centering myself in literally every narrative" Bracco is replying to people on Twitter who aren't on board with this apology, trying to shout them down about not having all of the information because they don't understand the Survivor experience, as though she were also actually there and in possession of a complete set of facts.

Either way, STFU forever, Aubry. You're not helping.

I noticed Richard Hatch even got into the mix.  It kind of annoys me that a lot of former Survivors are playing both sides-it's a serious issue, but remember there's editing!  It's like it depends who we're talking about that they will decide what side they are on.  No one's defending Dan but a lot of people are defending Elizabeth and Missy.  So editing doesn't apply to Dan, but it does to them in their eyes?  It's funny Aubry didn't speak  out and defend Jason, Scot, or Michele from her season and say that we don't see all that happened.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I noticed Richard Hatch even got into the mix.  It kind of annoys me that a lot of former Survivors are playing both sides-it's a serious issue, but remember there's editing!  It's like it depends who we're talking about that they will decide what side they are on.  No one's defending Dan but a lot of people are defending Elizabeth and Missy.  So editing doesn't apply to Dan, but it does to them in their eyes?  It's funny Aubry didn't speak  out and defend Jason, Scot, or Michele from her season and say that we don't see all that happened.  

Well Jeff Varner kind of did on twitter. I have no problem at all with former Survivors defending these [players on twitter. They have been there. They have had the experience. They understand the sleep deprivation, the hunger and the paranoia of not knowing if the person talking to you is telling the truth or lying to your face. They also understanding editing and that there is more going on the island than what is being shown. And they also understand as Elizabeth, Missy, Aaron, Tommy, Lauren and Jeff Probst have said that the players have limited knowledge. they don't and can't know everything. I mean that is just a fact. You can only make decisions based on what you see and what ypu hear from others and half teh time what people are telling you as a lie. So yeah I get why they would come to the defense of other players.

11 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Anyone who hires either of these evil liars is asking for trouble.  They have demonstrated that they will tell any lie, no matter how vile, to get what they want.  

I am sorry but this is complete nonsense. To think that because someone does some morally questionable things on a reality game like Survivor (a game of lying  and deceit) that somehow this reflects on how they act in the everyday normal lives and therefore nobody should hire them is just ridiculous. 

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 6

Not believing someone else on the island , even if they say they’ve been inappropriately touched, not great, but understandable.  But lying about it yourself?  To convince someone else to vote a person out? Not acceptable.  

• Love 13

Of note: There are over 1100 replies to her "apology" on her Twitter. There are now just 30-- every single one of them positive-- comments, and the ability to comment has been disabled, in the replies on her Instagram. So clearly she wants to curate a particular reality.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, omophagia said:

Of note: There are over 1100 replies to her "apology" on her Twitter. There are now just 30-- every single one of them positive-- comments, and the ability to comment has been disabled, in the replies on her Instagram. So clearly she wants to curate a particular reality.

You can't delete other people's tweets and I can still see the negative replies to her apology tweet, but maybe I'm not understanding your post and the 30 comments you're talking about are on instagram where I think you can delete replies (I don't use instagram because it's a Facebook thing and Facebook is the 😈).

As much as Elizabeth deserves to be dragged, I can see why she'd turn off replies where she's able. Social media pile-ons tend to take on a life of their own and attract trolls who just like to harass people they don't know. I never follow any of these folks (except for Boston Rob because it's fun watching his four daughters grow up and also he occasionally hangs out with Sean Rector and posts a photo) and never tweet at them, although I will look at their feeds when they do something boneheaded just to see what they have to say about it.

• Love 4
Just now, fishcakes said:

You can't delete other people's tweets and I can still see the negative replies to her apology tweet, but maybe I'm not understanding your post and the 30 comments you're talking about are on instagram where I think you can delete replies (I don't use instagram because it's a Facebook thing and Facebook is the 😈).

As much as Elizabeth deserves to be dragged, I can see why she'd turn off replies where she's able. Social media pile-ons tend to take on a life of their own and attract trolls who just like to harass people they don't know. I never follow any of these folks (except for Boston Rob because it's fun watching his four daughters grow up and also he occasionally hangs out with Sean Rector and posts a photo) and never tweet at them, although I will look at their feeds when they do something boneheaded just to see what they have to say about it.

Oh, Mrs. O told me about Instagram: I don't use it or FB, either, for the same reason!

But yes: Elizabeth deleted all of the negative replies to the apology on that platform, leaving just 30 positive ones. I do get the impulse to turn off the comments after a point; it's more that deleting negative replies to the apology shows, at least to me, an unwillingness to engage further with her behavior and hold herself accountable for her actions. We all create our own realities, and it's just interesting to see someone engaging in that so overtly thanks to the side-by-side comparisons of the two different social media platforms.

all of which is to say that I didn't make my point clearly in my first post!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, omophagia said:

Oh, Mrs. O told me about Instagram: I don't use it or FB, either, for the same reason!

But yes: Elizabeth deleted all of the negative replies to the apology on that platform, leaving just 30 positive ones. I do get the impulse to turn off the comments after a point; it's more that deleting negative replies to the apology shows, at least to me, an unwillingness to engage further with her behavior and hold herself accountable for her actions. We all create our own realities, and it's just interesting to see someone engaging in that so overtly thanks to the side-by-side comparisons of the two different social media platforms.

all of which is to say that I didn't make my point clearly in my first post!

Accountable to who? The trolls on twitter who are posting how much they hate her?  She apologized to Kellee and Kellee accepted.  Janet has a accepted her apology as well.  What more to people want?

• Love 3

Considering how phony her apology was and how much damage she did (based on how many men on social media are saying things like: "See! Women lie about this stuff all the time!"), she deserves all the trolling she's getting.  If it's so traumatic for her, she can always just stay off social media.  (I always find it annoying when adults whine about being bullied on social media.  You can always, you know, just put the phone down.)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Considering how phony her apology was and how much damage she did (based on how many men on social media are saying things like: "See! Women lie about this stuff all the time!"), she deserves all the trolling she's getting.  If it's so traumatic for her, she can always just stay off social media.  (I always find it annoying when adults whine about being bullied on social media.  You can always, you know, just put the phone down.)

Kellee accepted her apology and given the fact that unlike everyone else calling it "phony"", she actually knows the woman I think I will believe her in regards to her sincerity.

I also don't put any stock what a bunch of trolls on twitter say about an damage this caused.

• Love 1

It's Kellee's right to accept her apology.  Just like it's the right of every woman who has ever been sexually harassed to not accept her apology.  

As for the damage that this has caused, it's not something the "trolls" have made up. You can see the damage with your own eyes.  Twitter and other social media has been rife with men using this as a clear example of why most women shouldn't be believed.

• Love 12