Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

From White Elephants to Birthday Cakes: Gift Ideas for Dummies

Some of us are naturaly gifted at... well.... gifting.   Some of us are not.   But all of us spend a shit ton of time on the internet and see some cool things/stuff we never talk about. 

But now we gon' talk about it, ho-ho-hoes!   Because we are all going to a) become awesome gift-givers this year and/or b) buy ourselves something wicked cool.  And maybe we help other people find gifts for their people in the process. 

Here's how it works...

1)  Find a cool thing you think someone would like (that someone can be you.)  Create a post here formatted as follows (I'll put a sample below so you can see): 

• URL to buy item
  • Description of item
  • Person you're considering purchasing it for
  • Why you think they will like it and/or why it is appropriate
  • Occasion you're buying for

OR

2)  Create a post here...

• with a description and URL of something that you think would be an awesome gift for anyone

OR

• to ask others for gift ideas for someone you know (ex:  "Can someone help me think of a Teacher Appreciation gift for my daughter's music teacher?  I think she likes Harry Potter and I'm trying to be in the neighborhood of $15.")

OR                 

• about a great sale you saw/heard about at a store that sells gifts or a popular gift item

OR

• about a gift you received that you loved and why it would make a great gift for someone else

You can also use this thread as a reference point to find your own birthday/anniversary/holiday gift ideas for when you're ready to shop. 

• Like 1

gotfnmpopdjs_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=15627700Daenerys and Jorah with Swords Funko Pop!Moment Figure from Game of Thrones

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-POP-Movie-Moment-Daenerys/dp/B07RTLS2K1/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=daenerys+jorah&qid=1567084327&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-2

Pre-ordering a holiday gift for a good work friend - this person would happily listen to Iain Glen read the phone book, and she took 2 personal days after

Spoiler

Ser Jorah died in Daenerys' arms.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Big Mouth  Billy Bass- the perfect gift for a  relative  one dislikes who lives in  a tiny dwelling  with small children!

• Laugh 4

Just now, RealHousewife said:

I received a similar perfume sampler from Sephora and loved it! What perfume junkie wouldn’t be thrilled to sample a bunch of fragrances then get to choose a bottle of her favorite?

https://m.sephora.com/product/mini-perfume-sampler-P449742

We've bought these before... it's so brilliant I have no idea why other stores haven't latched onto it.  Basically you pay for a full size but the person gets to sample them all and choose the one they like best.  Scents are so personal.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Drogo said:

We've bought these before... it's so brilliant I have no idea why other stores haven't latched onto it.  Basically you pay for a full size but the person gets to sample them all and choose the one they like best.  Scents are so personal.

I know. I love perfume, but now and then even ones I enjoy make me sneeze. And some people hate rose or patchouli or whatever. It’s so nice trying several then picking your favorite. 

• Like 1

One Christmas my sister was at Costco and saw a big display of all different razor sets. She got sets of razors for everyone and we all loved them! Razors just seem to be one of those things most people use, but hate to buy!

This same sister loves jigsaw puzzles. She can finish a 1000 piece in no time. So this year I'm slowing her down with this puzzle - the picture on the box is different than what the puzzle will be. Mwah hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Just now, Nordly Beaumont said:

One Christmas my sister was at Costco and saw a big display of all different razor sets. She got sets of razors for everyone and we all loved them! Razors just seem to be one of those things most people use, but hate to buy!

My sister-in-law did that one year. It was great, except for the one she gave my husband (her brother). He has a beard and mustache.

• Laugh 1