Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: And Brown Is the New Orange

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

A new warden ushers in big changes. Blanca reunites with an old friend. Suzanne tries to mend Taystee and Black Cindy's relationship.

This one was intense.  Poor Blanca and Maritza!  Blanca's post-prison story was especially heartbreaking.

On another note, so glad the truth about what really happened with the guard is starting to come out, even if it is just being told to a sockpuppet...

• Love 13

Just finished ep 3. So Blanca's initial crime was covering up a hit and run? I'm not sure they ever explicitly said before what it was but heavily implied it stemmed from the old lady. And then she lost her green card for admitting to helping start the riot. Poor Blanca and Maritza. I think a nice reunion is coming up with Red's gang though.

Can't help it, I like Fig and Caputo.

And finally, BYE BADISON! Thank god she's gone.

I'm confused why Ward moved Taystee to the other block and Cindy to Florida?

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Just finished ep 3. So Blanca's initial crime was covering up a hit and run? I'm not sure they ever explicitly said before what it was but heavily implied it stemmed from the old lady. And then she lost her green card for admitting to helping start the riot. Poor Blanca and Maritza. I think a nice reunion is coming up with Red's gang though.

And finally, BYE BADISON! Thank god she's gone.

Figueroa and Caputo together has really been the one bright spot for me since last season. I know it's unrealistic in a jail setting for our gals to have happily ever afters, but at least back at old Lichfield, there was a sense of them making the best of what they had. I kinda wish the show ended before everyone was separated and went to max. 

But thank goodness no more Badison! Good grief, she was terrible. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Byeeeeeeeeee, Badison! Squee! I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a fictional character go! Enjoy Missouri!

I'm a terrible person, and I'm fine with that, but I was amused that Badison's role was mainly getting beat up. Interesting that she just left. I wonder if that was the plan all along or if they realized what a terrible character she was and wrote her out. Nothing against the actor, but there's no way she was believable as such a heavy hitter as they made her out to be. Or I guess that was the point - once her 'boss' died at the end of last season, she wasn't shit since.

8 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

You can't not though. I like that Fig is just so Fig. Of course Caputo is going to be the pushover parent and Fig is the one to lay down the law.

I get that a hot woman doesn't need ID to get in clubs, but it's still kind of bit much that she didn't have it in her possession. I think makes more sense if she never had one because she didn't drive. Having a license isn't a requirement.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Not sure about why Taystee was moved to another block, but my guess is that Ward knew that Cindy was despised by the others for testifying against Taystee, so she wanted Cindy to be safer and away from Taystee.

• Love 3

When the inmates were given pencils to complete their course selections I kept thinking those could be dangerous in the wrong hands. Please don't let me see someone take a pencil to the eyeball 😂

• Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:37 PM, Brn2bwild said:

Poor Blanca and Maritza!  Blanca's post-prison story was especially heartbreaking.

I agree and Blanca's boyfriend is such a sweet guy.

I haven't commented on the first 2 episodes, I wasn't even sure I was going to watch this season since I wasn't a fan of the last 2. And I don't care about seeing anyone on the outside, especially Dayanara's mother I've never liked her. I understand we have to see Piper, I guess it's supposed to be her story, even though that was told in the first season. But this episode with Blanca really grabbed me. I'm not going to get into any political talk about ICE but her story was heartbreaking. I'm glad some of the group will be together in the kitchen at the ICE holding place with Blanca and Maritza. Hopefully they'll be able to help in some way.

Poor Suzanne she's trying really hard to make things right. LOL at her taking all the old people's pudding :-)

Hopefully the new Warden will clean house and get rid of some of the guards like she got rid of Badison. Yay, no more Badison!

I have my fingers crossed that Vause's idea of phone chargers will work and get her out of selling drugs.

• Love 7
On 7/27/2019 at 11:36 PM, jsm1125 said:

Not sure about why Taystee was moved to another block, but my guess is that Ward knew that Cindy was despised by the others for testifying against Taystee, so she wanted Cindy to be safer and away from Taystee.

Plus she kept beating up Badison, so moving Taystee away from the block meant less likelihood of further revenge from Badison's crew for Taystee's actions getting her transferred. 

• Love 3

Ward is clearly on track to become the best warden and hero in the history of television for ridding our screens of the plague that is Badison! Bye bye, dont let the van door hit you on the way out!

No wonder Blanca is so broken down, that was so terribly brutal and heartbreaking. I just want Blanca and her super sweet boyfriend to be reunited by the time this show ends damn it! 

Oh no, you do NOT get to quote Mean Girls in the midst of your bullshit motherfucker. That is sacred

• Love 4
(edited)

I actually giggled and shouted "Byeeeee! You were a terrible character!" at the TV when Badison was hauled off. I think I scared my hubby a little with my enthusiasm! I usually roll my eyes at fanservice-y type things on TV, but this was a beautiful gift to fans. She has kind of ruined the show for me and now I can enjoy the last 10 episodes much more. I also liked the way it happened, with Ward using Badison's transfer to show Hellman that she won't put up with his crap.

Like many here, I do find myself enjoying Fig and Caputo; however, I do NOT think they should breed. That will be one messed up kid.

Blanca and Diablo's love is so sweet and pure; that was heartbreaking. I hope that, on the show at least (how many stories of separation like these are happening right now in real life? It's sickening), they are able to get out of this situation and be together. And get their dog Mojito! Also, "You love me? I've been wanting to tell you I love you for a while but you're really intimidating!" Hee. I love them.

I'm looking forward to Flaca and Maritza's reunion! I've missed them together. Hopefully the new/old crew together can make something happen for Blanca and Maritza, at least.

Edited by Iseut
  • Love 7
(edited)

I asked his in the Ep. 2 thread but it probably should go here: where is everybody? During the flashback phone call Blanca told her boyfriend she was in Arizona, but now she's in Lichfield? Huh? Why would they transfer a bunch of ICE prisoners to New York? And is the Max prison in NY as well?

e.t.a. Figueroa/Alysia Reiner looks horrible. I hope she's not ill.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1

I liked the scene with Fig and Ward. Fig could have been a total bitch, but she was encouraging while still being herself.

On 7/27/2019 at 5:46 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I get that a hot woman doesn't need ID to get in clubs, but it's still kind of bit much that she didn't have it in her possession. I think makes more sense if she never had one because she didn't drive. Having a license isn't a requirement.

You can have a "legal state ID", which looks just like a driver's license and is obtained the same way (except for the whole driving part). 

• Love 3

Yay, Badison is finally gone.  When they said they were transferring her to Missouri, I thought they meant a cell block called Missouri.  When I realized it was literally Missouri, I was delighted.

I really like Blanca, one of the best characters on the show.  Hard to feel as sympathetic for Maritza.  But I hope they both get out of that nightmare.

Caputo's getting pretty old to be a new dad.  He can forget retirement.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3
On 7/27/2019 at 1:37 AM, Brn2bwild said:

Poor Blanca and Maritza!  Blanca's post-prison story was especially heartbreaking.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:39 AM, ExplainItAgain said:

Just finished ep 3. So Blanca's initial crime was covering up a hit and run? I'm not sure they ever explicitly said before what it was but heavily implied it stemmed from the old lady. And then she lost her green card for admitting to helping start the riot. Poor Blanca and Maritza.

On 7/30/2019 at 1:11 AM, tennisgurl said:

No wonder Blanca is so broken down, that was so terribly brutal and heartbreaking. I just want Blanca and her super sweet boyfriend to be reunited by the time this show ends damn it! 

On 8/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, Dobian said:

I really like Blanca, one of the best characters on the show.  Hard to feel as sympathetic for Maritza.  But I hope they both get out of that nightmare.

I'm amazed everyone feels bad for Blanca. I guess this is controversial but I think she had one of the most low key sociopathic crimes on the show. She covered up a potential brutal death of an innocent person...so she wouldn't have to look for another job? How selfish can you be? The poor guy could have been still lying in the street bleeding without medical attention for all she knew if nobody had found him! And she did it without even a second thought too...at least Diablo had second thoughts. I liked Blanca and Diablo until now but now I think they deserve what they're getting. I feel bad for Maritza though.

I’m confused about Blanca because I thought in who knows what season the old lady died and it was implied that Blanca killed her? I guess I totally misread that. It wouldn’t be the first time I didn’t read between the lines correctly. 

I liked how there was less of piper in this episode. The inmates are far more interesting. 

On 8/4/2019 at 11:28 PM, BuyMoreAndSave said:

I'm amazed everyone feels bad for Blanca. I guess this is controversial but I think she had one of the most low key sociopathic crimes on the show. She covered up a potential brutal death of an innocent person...so she wouldn't have to look for another job? How selfish can you be? The poor guy could have been still lying in the street bleeding without medical attention for all she knew if nobody had found him! And she did it without even a second thought too...at least Diablo had second thoughts. I liked Blanca and Diablo until now but now I think they deserve what they're getting. I feel bad for Maritza though.

Maybe Blanca didn’t want to see the old woman go to prison. It’s got to be easier to find another job than to deal with that nightmare of a person!

On 7/31/2019 at 2:58 PM, iMonrey said:

I asked his in the Ep. 2 thread but it probably should go here: where is everybody? During the flashback phone call Blanca told her boyfriend she was in Arizona, but now she's in Lichfield? Huh? Why would they transfer a bunch of ICE prisoners to New York? And is the Max prison in NY as well?

There was a mention in a prior season about Polycon getting into the ICE Detention business.  I got the impression that either some new buildings were built or repurposed, and apparently that happened at Litchfield, which has been under Polycon control for a few seasons now.  Polycon probably started building the detention center a couple of seasons ago.

So, with the increase of ICE detainees, some got moved from the smaller facility in AZ to NY while being worked through the system.  Probably because the AZ place gets filled up fast with new detainees from the southern border.  The facility in AZ was probably under fed control, and when they ran out of room and contracted with Polycon to provide more facilities, they had to go where Polycon had facilities, which includes Litchfield.  Maybe there are some closer to AZ, but there's now one in NY and for story purposes, it makes it convenient to have Blanca moved there to interact with the others.

I hope that when Flaca and the others see Maritza and Blanca, they'll be able to contact their own family/friends to get legal help for M and B.  How frightening it must be to be stuck in the detention center knowing that your family/friends have absolutely no idea what happened to you or where you are, and are probably unable to find out.  I don't expect that ICE, or whoever, freely gives out info as to where a specific detainee is.

• Love 1