Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Looks like if Nene Leakes hadn't mentioned Sherri as her predecessor in Cinderella, nobody else would have!  Is Sherri on "Ignore" and the new "Name Who Shall Not Be Mentioned" as far as The View is concerned?

• Love 1

Why yes, yes she is........she is "starring" in Chris Rocks new movie and not mentioned either.

ETA - actually Nene did mention SS gave her the throw on the couch in her dressing room for Cinderella.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3

actually Nene did mention SS gave her the throw on the couch in her dressing room for Cinderella.

So, are we to believe Sherri didn't steal everything from her dressing room the way she stated she did from The View on several interviews!!!

I'm far too offended that Nene is on Broadway and acting like she is now a full fledged member of the "Broadway Community" at the moment to worry about Sherri.

I don't think I can express how much this chaps my ass.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 8

Chris Rock was on Jimmy Fallon last night & when he listed all the stars in his new movie, & there are many, he mentioned Whoopi, not Sherri.

If you have the chance, you must catch Sherri & all her ignorance on Celebrity Name Game.  She was trying to get the contestant to name something that starts with G & one of the clues was The Great Wall of China.  Sherri said "They pushed it down!" (she was talking about the Berlin wall, LOL).  Next was Galileo & Sherri said he came to America or something totally idiotic.  It's amazing how shallow her knowledge-base is!!!

• Love 8

Chris Rock was on Jimmy Fallon last night & when he listed all the stars in his new movie, & there are many, he mentioned Whoopi, not Sherri.

If you have the chance, you must catch Sherri & all her ignorance on Celebrity Name Game.  She was trying to get the contestant to name something that starts with G & one of the clues was The Great Wall of China.  Sherri said "They pushed it down!" (she was talking about the Berlin wall, LOL).  Next was Galileo & Sherri said he came to America or something totally idiotic.  It's amazing how shallow her knowledge-base is!!!

Sherri seems to be on that show alot. Are there celebrities that are actually regulars?

It's amazing how shallow her knowledge-base is!!!

It doesn't amaze me at all how little Sherri knows.  She is willfully ignorant about anything that has no relevance in her life.  I feel sorry for Jeffrey. Who will help him with his homework?  Seriously. 

• Love 9

Sherri seems to be on that show alot. Are there celebrities that are actually regulars?

A far as I know, she's been on two or three times & I've seen her on twice.  It's scary how little about history, etc. she knows.  I haven't watched the show enough to determine if there are regulars.  I only watch when there's someone that interests me.

A far as I know, she's been on two or three times & I've seen her on twice.  It's scary how little about history, etc. she knows.  I haven't watched the show enough to determine if there are regulars.  I only watch when there's someone that interests me.

Ahhhh! I was thinking along the lines of Hollywood Squares. Dating myself, I guess. LOL

• Love 3

Lol MedicineCrow. The Berlin Wall starts with a G now?  I wish someone would ask Sherri to recite the alphabet - I give it a 50/50 chance she could do it/ 

That Sherri is still a moron - especially on world history doesn't surprise me - this is a woman who literally was unsure if the earth was flat or not.  What would be surprising is if instead of taking hourly selfies she actually read a book or even a newspaper! 

One of my favorite Sherri is a Moron moments was when she said that nothing pre-dates Christians, lol and Jesus came before even Ancient Greece, clearly missing the whole "B.C." timeline.   Sherri knows this because the Greeks threw Christians to the lions.  I still lol at that one. 

• Love 3

Lol MedicineCrow. The Berlin Wall starts with a G now?  I wish someone would ask Sherri to recite the alphabet - I give it a 50/50 chance she could do it/ 

That Sherri is still a moron - especially on world history doesn't surprise me - this is a woman who literally was unsure if the earth was flat or not.  What would be surprising is if instead of taking hourly selfies she actually read a book or even a newspaper! 

One of my favorite Sherri is a Moron moments was when she said that nothing pre-dates Christians, lol and Jesus came before even Ancient Greece, clearly missing the whole "B.C." timeline.   Sherri knows this because the Greeks threw Christians to the lions.  I still lol at that one. 

Sorry Cosmo, I don't think I relayed the information right.  The category was "G" & the clue was The Great Wall of China.  Sherri was trying to get the contestant to say the Great Wall, but all she could give as a clue was "it fell down".  It was hilarious to watch because she was all hiped up.  LOL.  .... and the Galileo reference was hysterical too.

"Sherri knows this because the Greeks threw Christians to the lions.  I still lol at that one."

Yes, that one still slays me too.

• Love 1

Sorry Cosmo, I don't think I relayed the information right.  The category was "G" & the clue was The Great Wall of China.  Sherri was trying to get the contestant to say the Great Wall, but all she could give as a clue was "it fell down".  It was hilarious to watch because she was all hiped up.  LOL.  .... and the Galileo reference was hysterical too.

Oh I think I get it - sheesh whose the dummy now, lol?   So Sherri was trying to get the contestant to say The Great Wall of China with the clue of "it fell down"? How confusing for the contestant.  Still, my point stands about Sherri being an moron especially about world history.   I wonder how many more shows until contestants cringe at getting her for a partner? 

• Love 4

So, Barbara will be a guest on Friday's show. Of course, it is the pre-recorded Friday show so that if she flounders, mind wanders, etc it can be edited to make her look her best and delete any non-flattering part of her visit. so, she will be on to promote one of her "specials" (most fascinating people of 2014?) that I thought ABC had said would be no more? Shall we place bets on if she makes any "insightful, Barbara like" comments on current events like Cosby, Ferguson, royal visits? I'm interested to see if Nicole defers to Barbara or if they both get into "news woman" mode and try to one up each other.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 3

I'm thinking there won't be much in the way of "current" events on Frday.

According to Sherri, The View's "farewell Sherri" show has been nominated for a NAACP image award.  https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/542537776626171904

Outstanding Talk Series
“Oprah Prime” (OWN)
“Steve Harvey” (Syndicated)
“The Queen Latifah Show” (Syndicated)
“The View” (ABC)
“The Wendy Williams Show” (Syndicated)

Her name is not listed under actress, comedian or talk show host however.

Edited by ginger90

Watching Joy on Morning Joe now makes me realize how much I miss her perspective on The View. She seems so genuine and I rarely disagreed with anything she said or did on the show. Anyway, her one woman show opens this weekend in Greenwich (Cherry something theatre) and she said she'll be talking about The View some.  Anybody in the area?

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 5

This video is too funny, Sherri cooking & she starts off by saying she is a "Co-Star" of Chris Rock in the movie Top Five. The blurb below the video says she is part of the cast!!!

Cast member Sherri Shepherd of the new movie TOP FIVE joins Auntie Fee in the kitchen for a hilarious good time making pork chops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePBCNV1hOCE&feature=youtu.be&a

I refuse to pay good money to see the movie but hope someone who posts here does so we can find out just how big a part Sherri truly has!

• Love 3

I didn't think specific episodes of talk shows were singled out for nominations for any awards.  Once again Sherri is simply trying to make it all about her.  Pathetic.

It depends on the Award, definitely there are episode attributions for the Emmys for episodic shows.

I didn't think specific episodes of talk shows were singled out for nominations for any awards. Once again Sherri is simply trying to make it all about her. Pathetic.

I don't know much about the Image Awards (but from what I have seen the entertainment award portion at least seems to be pretty lame and a generally meaningless ploy created solely to get celebrity and thus media attention), but if it's anything like the Emmys, shows typically submit a single episode for consideration as a representative sample in each of the show, host and other specific categories. I didn't see it, but I seem to recall hearing that Sherri's goodbye show particularly showcased African-American entertainers etc. who had meaning to Sherri, didn't it? So it's possible that the show decided that particular episode was suitable for submission for that particular award.

Regardless, yes, Sherri somehow still manages to make it all about her. Sigh.

• Love 2

Barbara stopped by Howard Stern today. She touched on the topic of the View. The thing that I found funny in a Barbara sort of way is that she doesn't like Whoopi and Rosie's style of dressing. She believes that when viewers turn in they want to see the hosts be a bit more glamorous. 

• Love 1

Did she feel that Bitsy's extremely short skirts && Sherri's hooker clothes were "glamorous" ???

She didn't mention them. I think she might not have a problem with how they dress though. I only base this on Barbara's disdain for Whoopi and Rosie's 'everyday people' way of dressing that bothered her. She mentioned men's dress shirts, and I immediately thought of Whoopi but Barbara refused to elaborate because she said that she didn't want to say anything negative about them. 

Barbara stopped by Howard Stern today. She touched on the topic of the View. The thing that I found funny in a Barbara sort of way is that she doesn't like Whoopi and Rosie's style of dressing. She believes that when viewers turn in they want to see the hosts be a bit more glamorous. 

Yes, I've been trying to copy BW's glamorous look.   I bought a bunch of heavy rhinestone-studded earrings, and I'm trying to STRETCH  my earlobes like hers. I was also copying her glamorous "wear every necklace you own"  look, but my neck started to hurt. 

Lol. Classic Barbara. She views the audience as unfulfilled housewives in curlers and aprons, living vicariously through the "glamorous" ladies on television.

Yes!  The image is that we have sent our kids to school, our husbands to work, and have our ironing boards set up in front of the TV so we can iron while we watch The View.  Then we sit on the couch and eat bon-bons while watching soap operas, before we have to put the tuna casserole in the oven before hubby gets home from work.  

• Love 9

So Sherri tweeted last night for over an hour about Cosby & signed off to read to Jeffrey saying she was ending "Hot Topics".........she is so delusional, she feels her "opinion" is just so important.

Too bad she wouldn't spend at least part of the time she dedicates to tweeting to reading a book/newspaper & learning about the world that is NOT show biz.

She has demonstrated that although she claims to be a very devout Christian she understands nothing about religion ie "Jesus preceded everything"

• Love 1

So Sherri tweeted last night for over an hour about Cosby & signed off to read to Jeffrey saying she was ending "Hot Topics".........she is so delusional, she feels her "opinion" is just so important.

This just reinforces my belief she didn't leave the View voluntarily.  She is clinging to anything that gives her a place to promote herself.  Other than her standup does she even have any upcoming projects?

• Love 1

I agree that it's doubtful Sherri left on her own volition. She has not completely moved on.

I wonder if we'll see more current events tweets now that Cinderella is over (ie pop culture stuff, she's not exactly going to be discussing foreign policy). I could see her trying to get a radio show like her buddy Jenny.

Edited by Mumbles

A lot the female comics have been doing Lipshtick in Vegas, except Sherri.  Heck, even Wendy Williams (who is not a stand-up comic) has done a 90-minute sold out show on her own and was invited back for a second performance.  Wendy also did a comedy gig in New Jersey.  The movies that Sherri is in were all shot last year so I think she has time. I was expecting to see her doing more stand-up in bigger venues coming from her successful stint on The View.(: 

I was expecting to see her doing more stand-up in bigger venues coming from her successful stint on The View.(:

Without the View as a place for Sherri to promote herself I don't see her getting booked for large venues.  I think Sherri is one of those celebs who qualifies as "out of sight out of mind".

• Love 5

Other than her standup does she even have any upcoming projects?

She filmed Top 5 and is starring in it, you know! She apparently will be on a bunch of episodes of Soul Man (along with Neicy Nash), not sure if she's done filming another movie she's "starring" in, Woodlawn. She was making the talk show rounds for a bit. QVC is always around LOL!

Edited by ginger90

Sherri's "starring role" in Top Five was filmed in July 2013 at the time Bitsy got the axe. Many comments / interviews say that it was filmed since Sherri got fired from the view. One person interviewing Sherri asked what it was like to "reunite with Whoopie" Sherri changed the subject.

If lil ole lady me can find that information online in 2 minutes why can't paid professionals???

Sherri Shepherd

'REALLY DEPRESSED'

About Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving 'The View'

7/11/2013 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

They may not have always gotten along ... sometimes they may have hated each other ... but Sherri Shepherd says she's really gonna miss her friend Elisabeth Hasselbeck on "The View."

Shepherd was at LAX, where she had just arrived from shooting a movie with Chris Rock -Top Five - when she told us she was "really depressed" that she wasn't at "The View" for Hasselbeck's big announcement.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/11/sherri-shepherd-elisabeth-hasselbeck-the-view/#ixzz3LiQTd86G

• Love 2

Just saw Top Five with Sherri Shepherd.  Standard Sherri Shepherd type casting.

Hi, thanks for letting us know! Was Sherri's role bigger than what has been seen in the trailer, her opening the apartment door etc was she in other scenes??

Hi, thanks for letting us know! Was Sherri's role bigger than what has been seen in the trailer, her opening the apartment door etc was she in other scenes??

Not much more.  She had that scene opening the door and then maybe one or two lines in the room (with lots of f words).  But there is a scene where she is saying goodbye to Chris's character at the door in a very lustful/Sherri  way (she broke up with him before she knew he was going to be famous).  But, to be fair, Whoopi's role is a cameo and very small and most of the other celebrities have very small roles.  And Whoopi appears to be wearing the white shirt with the holes in it.

• Love 2

Sherri's "starring role" in Top Five was filmed in July 2013 at the time Bitsy got the axe. Many comments / interviews say that it was filmed since Sherri got fired from the view. One person interviewing Sherri asked what it was like to "reunite with Whoopie" Sherri changed the subject.

If lil ole lady me can find that information online in 2 minutes why can't paid professionals???

LOL good job!

• Love 1

Did anyone else see David Muir's interview with Babs tonight (Friday)?

I thought I heard her say that she loved Neil Patrick Harris (duh!) and his twin DAUGHTERS.

I called someone to rewatch - no DVR for me - and it was confirmed.  The woman just interviewed the guy for the "10 most fabulous" and she walked away not knowing that his twins are a boy and a girl!

I love the guy and I knew her statement was wrong, but, it was on tv and no one corrected it and so I doubted myself.  Stupid me to doubt myself when it ocmes to babs saying something!

Wonder if  someone will correct it the way NEWSPAPERS CORRECT THEIR ERRORS!  Yah, not happening is it.

I really do wonder sometimes what kind of blackmail she has on TPTB that gets her on television.

Who watches her show?  Does the top 10 get decent ratings?  Having said that I guess I would like to see the NPH segment for sure - bad interviewer that she is. 

He can handle anything with grace and aplomb.

• Love 1

Yup, for some mysterious reason her 'most fascinating' specials continue to get big ratings. Last year's special drew more viewers than any other program on broadcast television that night (8.8 million). As long as that's the case, and they're still able to prop Babs upright in front of the camera, they'll keep doing them.

• Love 2