Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Flag lovin' Bitsy does it again!

Hasselbeck opened with video of former USAF Staff Sgt Michelle Manhart giving instructions on flag etiquette to students who walked on an American flag during a protest at Valdosta State University. The video then showed Manhart being arrested after she refused to return the flag which she took from the students. The banner: "Fight for the Flag."

Hasselbeck said "wow" and informed us that this "intense video of an Air Force veteran arrested after standing up to students who were stomping on the American flag has gone viral." She reported that the school has closed for the day "in anticipation of a massive rally" by real Americans who support the flag. She introduced the flag defending Manhart but didn't mention that Manhart posed for Playboy, in 2007, while holding the Stars and Stripes across her naked body - a photo for which she was reprimanded by the Air Force.

Hasselbeck, breathlessly, noted that more than 4,000 patriots are expected at the rally and asked Manhart if she would be attending. To Hasselbeck's question of whether Manhart, who has been banned from the campus, should be permitted back on the campus, Manhart said she hoped that the ban would be lifted.

We shouldn't be surprised because, well, Campus Reform!

smh

Classic *not really a patriot, she just plays one on TV* Bitsy. Classic Fox Noise hyperbole. So what if the woman was not actually arrested at all for disrupting a perfectly legal, albeit distasteful, protest for equality by about half a dozen kids, but was merely detained briefly and given a warning for criminal trespass which resulted in her automatic ban from campus. So what if the veteran is a total hypocrite who, as a sergeant in the Air Force at the time, appeared in Playboy in 2007, posing in uniform, out of uniform and while draped only with the precious American flag. So what if she was reprimanded and demoted and quit the military the next year. If the crack team at F & F had bothered to Google the woman they could've seen the photos for themselves. On second thought, they probably did and liked them…a lot.

Not surprisingly, thousands did NOT show up for the 'rally for the flag.' It was less than 1,000. Still a respectable number to be sure, but at least 75% less than the numbers they were claiming would be there. Of course those false claims made the school nervous enough to shut the campus down for the day and provoked an enormous and costly police presence. Wonder if Bitsy will mention those little "fair and balanced" factoids to her viewers?

• Love 11

Geez, I love me some Intense Bitsy - she's really at her best when she digs in, frowns and lowers her voice to that "important" tone - LOL.  Did you catch that Manhart called her "M'aam" twice?  Yeah, it's probably a military thing to do so, but my snarky mind prefers to think that Bitsy just isn't "the young 'un" anymore.

Go get 'em, Bits!  I sleep better at night knowing you're always on the alert for those who threaten my freedom and security.  As Bitsy  is prone to say..."Good job".

• Love 10

In Ask Ro, Rosie said the timing of all the negative stories about her in the press (I guess there's an email in which she is allegedly organizing a threesome) is "interesting."  What could she possibly mean?  Fall out from enemies made at ABC?

I think it's more likely that Michelle (her ex) is behind it.  There is a pre-nup she is probably trying to challenge, and a settlement etc.    I did LOL at the threesome thing though; that was a couple emails inviting some friends over.  

• Love 3

So, does anyone  think Sherri  will be visiting Indiana and other states where "christian"  business owners deny service to gay customers and hide behind "religious freedom"?    

Because THAT show has so much potential for hilarity! 

Just in all fairness to my fellow Hoosiers, let it be known that at least 99.9% of our restaurants (that cater) will gladly cater for a gay wedding. Sheri may bring any of her friends here and they will be welcomed. Not so certain about Sheri though. 

• Love 5

Here is an excerpt from the show, Sherri just smiling & laughing through all her troubles...Gag me, she is such a piece of immature BS. Cannot take any responsibility for her actions, Sherri never did anything wrong!!

Then she says she does Jeffery's homework with her left hand so the teacher won't know, wow what an example she is showing her child.

http://www.etonline.com/news/163562_sherri_shepherd_opens_up_on_legal_battles_with_ex_husband/

• Love 2

What the hell? The purpose of school is for your son to LEARN, the purpose of homework is to reinforce the learning.  If you do his homework for him, he's learned one thing - that you think he's not smart enough to do it himself.  

This hits a nerve with me.   My mom was told my brother had a learning disability.  She made me do his homework to make sure it was perfect, to prove he was smart.  (She wasn't born here, was not confident in her own spelling)    End result -  my brother didn't learn anything that year, the teacher knew something was off about "A"  homework and "D"  tests, and I ended up feeling guilty for cheating. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

First, let me preface this by saying I don't give two figgedy fucks about Sherri--what's she's doing, how she's doing, etc.

But, I wanted to hear what she had to say about the judge ruling her as the mother of this child.  The clip I watched froze after she made the comment about "Girl, I use my left hand" to do Jeffrey's homework.

But O'Dell asked how she was doing in the face of the ruling, or dealing, and she totally deflected. Didn't answer what O'Dell was really asking; or maybe she's just too stupid to realize what O'Dell really wanted to know--how she feels about the baby and her responsibility toward the baby. Unless she came around to it after that Jeffrey story.

• Love 4

But, I wanted to hear what she had to say about the judge ruling her as the mother of this child.

You didn't miss anything GHScorpiosRule, she continued to avoid addressing the situation. Smiling and saying she's fine, just fine.  This issue seems to be the only thing she can keep her mouth shut about!

• Love 4

Here is an excerpt from the show, Sherri just smiling & laughing through all her troubles...Gag me, she is such a piece of immature BS. Cannot take any responsibility for her actions, Sherri never did anything wrong!!

Then she says she does Jeffery's homework with her left hand so the teacher won't know, wow what an example she is showing her child.

http://www.etonline.com/news/163562_sherri_shepherd_opens_up_on_legal_battles_with_ex_husband/

I wonder what kind of grades she is getting

• Love 9

Does she not realize Jeffrey's teacher could very well being reading and watching the same things we are?   She is just so fucking stupid in so many different ways.  Is she always going to do Jeffrey's homework for him?

• Love 11

Honestly, I doubt that's even true (that she does Jeffery's homework) because Sherri makes up stuff that she thinks looks cute all the time. 

For one thing, I'm not so sure she's home that much to do it and for another, even though he is in a special school, I question whether she could do it better than he could.  After all, this is the woman who was unsure if the world  was flat, insists the Earth is only five thousand years old, and that Jesus Christ came before the Ancient Greeks. 

• Love 10

Bitsy, Bitsy -   you get the facts wrong, the ACLU never got involved, but what to facts matter?  

Public schools are supported by taxes.  non-Christian kids have the right to attend school and not be pressured to pray.  

http://www.newshounds.us/20150429_elisabeth_hasselbeck_defends_in_god_we_trust_on_public_high_school_marquee

She really LOVES being on a show where nobody will disagree with her, doesn't she?  

• Love 6

So you are obviously right, Cosmocrush, I didn't realize how ugly the divorce had gotten.  I remember when Rosie was on and posters said they thought Michelle was a golddigger and I defended her! haha, I saw she was on ET talking about Rosie, so trashy of her.  She said Rosie drinks a bottle of wine and weed everynight, which frankly doesn't seem that bad to me, I could drink two!  And I don't really believe it.  Rosie just mentioned pooping her pants in an elevator on Ask Ro, she never mentions weed or wine, you'd think it would come up since she puts everything out there.

• Love 4

I must say I wasn't shocked by all the Michelle news something about her always made go hmmm. Poor Ro.

Wendy Williams showed a video of Michelle walking hand and hand with a Kim Kardashian look alike, mugging for the camera.

• Love 4

I think Rosie is always looking for love in the wrong places. She even said that she is always trying to get  people to like her. i guess it must stem from losing her mother at such a young age. She is just not good at reading people. She thought that Bitsy was her friend and look at what happen....I never cared for Michelle and her fortuitous encounter with Rosie at Starbucks was like hitting the lotto and she is going to use every trick in  the book to get a nice settlement from Rosie..Poor Rosie, this has been a hard year for her....

• Love 6
(edited)

Exactly....Rosie  got a gold digger in her hands and she is vicious...I have a feeling that Rosie will give her what she wants to go away...Unfortunately, Donald Trump and the Fox news people are enjoying her pain...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I think Rosie is always looking for love in the wrong places. She even said that she is always trying to get people to like her. i guess it must stem from losing her mother at such a young age. She is just not good at reading people. She thought that Bitsy was her friend and look at what happen....I never cared for Michelle and her fortuitous encounter with Rosie at Starbucks was like hitting the lotto and she is going to use every trick in the book to get a nice settlement from Rosie..Poor Rosie, this has been a hard year for her....

Poor Ro. She does seem to have been pretty impulsive in her relationships post Kelli. She's had two serious relationships and in both she seems to have gone from 0 --> 60 in about 1.2 nano seconds, jumping straight to blended families without really knowing the women all that well first. By all accounts the first one (whom she met online via Ask Ro) ended amicably after a little over a year and the families are still close, but obviously this one not so much. Really unfortunate. :(

• Love 3

It definitely makes Rosie's leaving much more understandable, she must have known how messy Michelle was about to make things and any semi-controversial thing Rosie could have said during hot topics could have been spun out of control by the lawyers.

• Love 3

Poor Ro. She does seem to have been pretty impulsive in her relationships post Kelli. She's had two serious relationships and in both she seems to have gone from 0 --> 60 in about 1.2 nano seconds, jumping straight to blended families without really knowing the women all that well first. By all accounts the first one (whom she met online via Ask Ro) ended amicably after a little over a year and the families are still close, but obviously this one not so much. Really unfortunate. :(

Aside from the family angle, moving very quickly is a trope for lesbian relationships, -- Rosie has even joked about it ("After the first date, you get the moving van"). 

But the Michelle thing does seem really gross. Both her and Rosie had serious health scares, they moved up the wedding, they adopted the baby, and now Michelle is acting the way she is. The Wendy Williams coverage of it has been fascinating to me because Wendy has adamantly been "Team Rosie" yet has also said that she might change her mind because she has the right to do so (which I think, IMO, is a way to placate fans who aren't as crazy about Rosie). The prenup is ironclad and Michelle told ET that she doesn't need or want the prenup money and that she made her first million at age 39. Wendy posited that Rosie's lawyers should use that in court (the theory is that Michelle wants sole custody so that she can get child support from Rosie which would mean more money). I'd bet dollars to donuts that Michelle got paid for that Entertainment Tonight interview.

While Rosie is usually loath to discuss such a thing in public, I'd *love* if she went on Wendy's show when she deemed appropriate,

• Love 4
(edited)

Sherri's going on another trip:

Nice that her New Jersey Mocha Mom's Group sticks by her...

Not sure that other chapters are as thrilled:

Registration Extended to May 15, 2015

We know you're excited about Sherri joining us, so we have extended the registration deadline JUST FOR YOU! Only 11 more days to register.

lol

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1
(edited)

Bitsy just can't deal with school issues.  Now, she's upset that parents in Virginia cannot pull their kids out of a class if the teacher is transgender.  

And apparently Obama WANTS transgender teachers to be influencing our kids.  

http://www.newshounds.us/20150508_elisabeth_hasselbeck_praises_hate_group_head_s_anti_transgender_hate_message

I guess Bitsy has a regular "trouble with Schools"  segment on FoxNews.   But it's never about education, it's always and anti-gay, anti-equality, pro-christian values in schools viewpoint. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

Bitsy just can't deal with school issues.  Now, she's upset that parents in Virginia cannot pull their kids out of a class if the teacher is transgender.  

And apparently Obama WANTS transgender teachers to be influencing our kids.  

http://www.newshounds.us/20150508_elisabeth_hasselbeck_praises_hate_group_head_s_anti_transgender_hate_message

I guess Bitsy has a regular "trouble with Schools"  segment on FoxNews.   But it's never about education, it's always and anti-gay, anti-equality, pro-christian values in schools viewpoint. 

I didn't read the link but what, WTH is wrong with that girl?????    I'm so glad she is safely contained on a cable channel where she belongs and I can avoid her ridiculousness.    

• Love 2

Actually, Cosmo, you should read the link.  It's hard to believe that anyone, in this day & age, can spew such hatred & garbage with absolutely no empathy or sympathy for the children's welfare/comfort/state-of-mind.  Appalling, absolutely appalling, that a person as dumb as Bitsy can make a living disseminating the lies & hyperbole that she does, with impunity.

• Love 8

Thanks for suggesting to read the article Medicine Crow, I didn't want to either. It is ugly. Fortunately the journalist called EH and FOX out. I decided I should watch watch the video and tried to find it. What I found is this transgender issue is not new to EH. She is a huge advocate for locking kids in a cocoon. LOL, in this age of the internet. 

What I did find is in April she was outraged about a story read to kids in elementary school about a transgender girl in Maine. It offended her even though she is a feminist. WTF? 

There were 2 guests on the April show. EH asked if this was a plan to indoctrination to get to the kids first. One guest said it is about conditioning both the kids and their parents and yada, dada.... bigot. Sorry, I didn't understand the nonsense. Bottom line - avoid being called a bigot, kids can be confused (one guest was at a point in childhood thinking she was a cocker spaniel), what exactly is a "girls" brain in a boys body, parental written consent to read the book to kids. This was from an article in "Salon."

Guess we have come a long way from the Sherry Shepherd penguin crisis several years ago. Sigh

• Love 1

Thanks for suggesting to read the article Medicine Crow, I didn't want to either. It is ugly. Fortunately the journalist called EH and FOX out. I decided I should watch watch the video and tried to find it. What I found is this transgender issue is not new to EH. She is a huge advocate for locking kids in a cocoon. LOL, in this age of the internet. 

What I did find is in April she was outraged about a story read to kids in elementary school about a transgender girl in Maine. It offended her even though she is a feminist. WTF? 

There were 2 guests on the April show. EH asked if this was a plan to indoctrination to get to the kids first. One guest said it is about conditioning both the kids and their parents and yada, dada.... bigot. Sorry, I didn't understand the nonsense. Bottom line - avoid being called a bigot, kids can be confused (one guest was at a point in childhood thinking she was a cocker spaniel), what exactly is a "girls" brain in a boys body, parental written consent to read the book to kids. This was from an article in "Salon."

Guess we have come a long way from the Sherry Shepherd penguin crisis several years ago. Sigh

And didn't BaWa doing an important special on transgender children?  But Bitsy must have been opposed behind the scenes then.

• Love 3

And didn't BaWa doing an important special on transgender children?  But Bitsy must have been opposed behind the scenes then.

Yes, BW most certainly did.  And IIRC, Bitsy cooed about what a wonderful program it was and how great it all was and how magnificent BW was, and how inspiring the children were, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.  She couldn't praise BW enough for the special.  So either she was lying then, or she's deliberately lying now.  I don't know which is worse.

• Love 6

So either she was lying then, or she's deliberately lying now.

Not necessarily.  She could say that her views on the subject have "evolved" since the BW special & the current Fox coverage.  Except that she probably doesn't believe in evolution....

• Love 5
(edited)

Not necessarily.  She could say that her views on the subject have "evolved" since the BW special & the current Fox coverage.  Except that she probably doesn't believe in evolution....

In my world that would be devolve.  On a happy note, they adopted the gender identity policy despite hatemongers like Bitsy.

Stopped by to mention that the Sherri Shepherd case was covered this morning on the Melissa Harris-Perry show.  A link isn't yet available to the segment, but I will come back and link it later (it's later and I don't think they are going to link to the sub-segment that covered Sherri).  The upshot of the panel was that it is just a very sad situation, especially for the baby boy - MHP has a 1-yr-old from a surrogacy so her view is interesting; she talked about texting back and forth with her surrogate all through the case.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 1

Re: the delightful (except not) Bitsy and her opinions.  Truly don't believe she has any of her own or they are very much repressed.  Her "guys" tell her what the opinion du jour is, someone puts it on her iPad, and off she goes.  On the homefront Mrs. Hasselbeck the elder tells her what those opinions are.  Or her head is busting with cognitive dissonance.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Actually, Cosmo, you should read the link.  It's hard to believe that anyone, in this day & age, can spew such hatred & garbage with absolutely no empathy or sympathy for the children's welfare/comfort/state-of-mind.  Appalling, absolutely appalling, that a person as dumb as Bitsy can make a living disseminating the lies & hyperbole that she does, with impunity.

Thanks MC, I did go back and read it.   Wow.  I would think Bits and Friends would have enough things to hate on with ISIS without having to hate on transgendered children/adults too.   I confess, I might be living in my own self-made bubble to be amazed at so much vitriol directed towards people whose are not hurting anyone.   She is right about one thing though - children can be "conditioned" early but only to hate and fear people who are different.  

You know, it's one thing for Bits to use her platform to spew her vitriol towards a political party but to use it to spread  bigotry and hate against people simplyy for being who they are is really beyond disgusting.   

I  can't help but compare this kind of crap to some KKK meeting 60 years ago when (some) people were horrified at the integration of schools or marriages between people of color and Caucasians.  The hate and fear seems the same to me and makes about the same amount of sense as being "anti-gay"  or "anti-transgender".  What possible difference can it make to Elisabeth (or her viewers) what gender someone identifies with or who someone loves?  Good grief.   

I'm with lookeyloo, I don't believe Elisabeth Hasselbeck holds an original opinion on anything she spews on TV.   Her parents seemed normal, they must be so proud. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

Bitsy just keeps on going -  

http://www.newshounds.us/20150511_elisabeth_hasselbeck_attacks_girl_scouts_transgender_policy_as_far_left_move

On this morning's Fox & Friends, Hasselbeck began by saying that, OMG, "being a girl is about to become optional for future Girl Scouts." She reported that the Girl Scouts are "bringing the transgender debate into the forefront" by now accepting transgender girls. Hasselbeck, who has previously expressed concern about Girl Scouts gone liberal, asked if "this is just another far left move from that group." She introduced her guest, Penny Nance, head of the anti-LGBT, far right Concerned Women for America.

Nance provided her always informed (just kidding) commentary to an obviously distraught Hasselbeck. Nance sighed as she said "here we go again" and whined about how the Girl Scouts "have been lurching towards the left since the 1970's." She whined about how those godless, liberal Girl Scouts, OMG, removed "God" from their pledge. She whined about how "feminist icons," like, OMG, Betty Friedan and Wendy Davis are considered heroes to these young minions of Satan.

Read more at http://www.newshounds.us/20150511_elisabeth_hasselbeck_attacks_girl_scouts_transgender_policy_as_far_left_move#eLLy5yszysVkyadS.99

So if a boy feels he is really a girl, wants to be a girl, and would feel more comfortable joining girl scouts than boy scouts.  If the parents are OK with it, why the hell should anyone else be threatened by this?   

And really, across the country, how many children does she honestly think this will affect?   It's not like every girl scout troop is now going to have a bunch of boy joining just for kicks!  

What did a transgender person ever do to piss off Hasselbeck?  She seems to take it very personally.  

I think, though, that someone at FOX anointed her the spokesperson to speak against everything LGBTQ-related.  And she's too stupid to realize that she's being used by FOX to spread hate and ignorance. 

• Love 3

Reading the article again, and thinking about Bitsy (when I SHOULD be working!)  

I came to the conclusion that Bitsy is motivated by FEAR.   Basically, fear for her kids.  

When kids are very young, we have the delusion that as parents, we have control over their personalities, by managing what they are exposed to.   As they get older, we realize that they can have opinions, thoughts, feelings, that may not align with ours.  

Bitsy has been indoctrinating her kids with right-wing conservative christian views, and she is threatened by the idea that they might not live the rest of their lives thinking the way she wants them to think.  She probably thinks that the few times she allowed them to mingle with the children of lesbians may have planted some weird liberal seed in them.  And she's SCARED.  

So, she's all about not letting gays, lesbians, transgenders, anywhere NEAR her kids -  don't let them teach, don't let them join scouts, don't let my kids know that there are other ways to understand life and love other than the "right"  way.  

it's sad, because this generation coming up is filled with acceptance for those who are different.  Not everyone in the generation, sure, but I keep reading stories of kids being open-minded about differences, I keep meeting teens who are amazing in accepting others, going to high school with trans kids and seeing them as people, not as representing any specific group.   Bitsy cannot protect her kids from that segment of society that she is so afraid of.   Not LGBTQ as much as LIBERALS who think that all people are equal.   

• Love 8
And she's SCARED.

Yeah, that seems to be the entire Fox News viewpoint.  The motto should be, "Things are changing, and it scares us." Elisabeth is perfect for that because she does appear to live her life out of a fear of the very worst thing happening, and most of her actions are geared around preventing the walls from crumbling around her.  Remember her saying something about she lives her life around her terror of divorce?

• Love 6