Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Candiace's big mouth may have landed her in trouble. Michael Darby runs a successful business and does not play when it comes to money and attorneys. I don't think Candiace is protected from defamation actions when Michael is no longer featured on the show. I don't think he would go to the expense of litigation if his attorneys don't feel he has a case.

As for Chris' complaint that he has lost jobs/income, that's easy to say but difficult to prove. Are potential employers going to weigh in on something as trifling as this? Of course not. Washington DC is rife with legitimate scandal, and Chris' complaint is overwrought and silly. Chris is a nobody in this town. I think Chris is making excuses for his lousy employment track record. He needs to slink away from trying to be a housewife and seeking so much attention. It's weird and offputting.

I just mentioned in the reunion thread that if Chris is so squeaky clean, why would he lose gigs? This was reality show gossip. Now if his employer frowns upon him being on a reality show, that can be a problem. On RHOSLC a husband lost his job after he had a sexy (and awful cringe) scene with his wife.

Normally I wouldn’t want to see someone sued. And I don’t care for Michael. However,  Candiaces low blows are gross. I can see him being pissed and he can fight dirty.

I would think Ashley would be the more likely to lose her job. She’s a shit stirrer but isn’t she kind of tired now? I think Candiace has more fans this season than Ashley. 

• Like 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

just mentioned in the reunion thread that if Chris is so squeaky clean, why would he lose gigs? This was reality show gossip. Now if his employer frowns upon him being on a reality show, that can be a problem. On RHOSLC a husband lost his job after he had a sexy (and awful cringe) scene with his wife.

Because just accusations can cause people to back of of any kind of business.

I know of someone who lost everything - career, options when one accusation was made against him. 10 years later the woman recanted but it was too late.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3
8 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Because just accusations can cause people to back of of any kind of business.

I know of someone who lost everything - career, options when one accusation was made against him. 10 years later the woman re anted but it was too late.

People know these are phony reality show allegations. Either he’s not that good at what he does, there’s some truth to these rumors or he’s content letting Candiace and Dorothy pay his bills.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I just mentioned in the reunion thread that if Chris is so squeaky clean, why would he lose gigs? This was reality show gossip. Now if his employer frowns upon him being on a reality show, that can be a problem.

He's in the hospitality industry. Legitimate food and beverage companies do not want to hire employees with histories of inappropriate behavior, especially when they are going to be responsible for overseeing events where liquor will be served. Plenty of people who do not watch reality tv use Google, and if you Google Chris' name, first thing that comes up is all of the reality tv stuff. His cooking, blog, youTube, etc. is several pages down.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

People know these are phony reality show allegations. Either he’s not that good at what he does, there’s some truth to these rumors or he’s content letting Candiace and Dorothy pay his bills.

It doesn’t matter, people may not know it is a silly reality show, they just know that this person might be a problem so I’ll go elsewhere.

These are the same reality shows where people have gone to prison, so they aren’t silly when it comes to potential inappropriate conduct or illegal activities.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
(edited)

I think Chris' biggest problem, if he does have one, is the mention of the W on the show, coupled with all of his history and behaviors, not to mention his wife's. That's the kind of association businesses may not like.

His LinkedIn still claims that he is a manager at the W. The W brand strives to be classy. They are a Marriott company, and the conservative, Mormon Marriott family was/is based in the DC area. Their flagship hotel is in downtown DC.

And didn't Candiace claim that Chris has ADHD, or another learning challenge? He appears to be mouthy and a hot head, splashed all over reality TV and social media, and I think that follows him everywhere in his professional life.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

How is the claim "Some guy is giving him a blow job" defamation?

How exactly, given all the other Darby stuff we've seen, is this defamation?

Where was the defamation over "I would suck that dick", in regards to Juan, not defamation, but this is?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

Who knows how a court will interpret "defamation?" Maybe the key concern is the allegation of use of a prostitute, which is illegal in Virginia.

Also, Michael's attorney made a statement describing the basis of the suit, and he said that Candiace clearly hesitated on camera before speaking, then said "I'm not supposed to say this but..." and then proceeded with "he pays so-and-so to..." I think the attorney is stating that Candiace knew what she was about to do was wrong, but did it anyway.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

I don't see how Michael can solely sue Candiace when BRAVO is the one who aired it. By that logic, BRAVO should also be sued because they bleeped out the person's name so they knew it could be a problem. Michael could've also sent a C&D to BRAVO to edit any mention of him out because I'm sure Ashley told him Candiace repeated it.

In fact, Ashley, Mia & the GEB are dancing to "Get Money" on Tik Tok so I'm pretty sure Ashley is counting on this lawsuit to pay for her new home.

If Ashley & Michael were smart, what they'd do is tell Candiace they'll settle with her and drop the lawsuit if she leaves the show. That's what I would do.  And I wouldn't be surprised if that's Ashley & Michael's end game all along. Can't say nasty things about Michael on RHOP if you're not on RHOP.

But, if Candiace and/or Wendy were fired/forced to quit the show, that will start an ugly chain of events that will eventually get this show cancelled. Monique may end up having the last laugh after all.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

But, if Candiace and/or Wendy were fired/forced to quit the show, that will start an ugly chain of events that will eventually get this show cancelled. Monique may end up having the last laugh after all.

I totally agree. The audience overall seems to be on Wendy and Candiace’s side this season, even those who have actively disliked at least Candiace for a long time.

This is based solely on my pursuing social media and other forums when I should be doing something productive p.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

Michael’s suit is ridiculous. As a public figure he has to show Candiace acted with actual malice, which is no easy burden to reach. And does he realize if this goes forward they’ll be digging deeply into his sex life during discovery? 

He didn’t include Bravo or the production company because he knows their lawyers dwarf his. But he probably figured Candiace won’t want to waste a ton of money on lawyers. Scummy. 

• Like 7

I don’t like Michael at all but I’m kind of on his side on this. Candiace needs to shut that foul mouth of hers. She is gross and disgusting the way she talks and throws insults to the other women. The little idiot may have gone too far this time.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Child and now we have a new player in the game come back from the past 

I think Katie is beautiful but the way she has been begging to get on back this show is giving me such cringe.

I would happily trade her in for Robyn at this point.

I don't want Gizzy to be fired because she should be on one season without her body guard.

• Like 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, racked said:

He didn’t include Bravo or the production company because he knows their lawyers dwarf his. But he probably figured Candiace won’t want to waste a ton of money on lawyers. Scummy. 

I'm thinking he will need to include BRAVO and the production company in the suit or it will be dismissed. BRAVO/company could've easily edited out that whole situation or not aired it at all.  Nobody would've known what Candiace said had BRAVO not aired it.

Candiace could also countersue him for defamation because he called her a criminal, and she's never been arrested, involved with criminal activity, been accused of criminal activity etc.

I think BRAVO steps in and makes it go away.

KATIE: It had been alluded to a few years ago that Katie had hooked up with one of the RHOP cast members by the same Monique-friendly blogger that Candiace told to go die (and then he actually died).  He hashtagged his post something about milk and champagne, which was Charrisse's Season 2 tagline. Katie claims she told Karen about it so this means Karen had something to really expose Charrisse about but said nothing, probably to protect Katie.

Add: Michael filed the lawsuit in Loudoun County VA, which is where the winery is.  Was the winery a closed set that day?  Candiace saying what she said on a closed set wasn't saying it to the public, BRAVO is the one who made it public so they need to be brought into the situation too.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 5

Chris is on the podcast/YouTube tour.  Apparently he was on the DJ Richie Skye channel and claims he got a random anonymous DM in November claiming a producer paid Ashley & Gizelle to say at the reunion that he grabbed his penis in the hotel room & said more to Ashley to try to lure her to the hotel. Says he didn't think anything of it at the time, but then leading up to the reunion, Gizelle did an interview with Page Six and said she had left some things out about Chris to protect Candiace but she will let it all out at the reunion because nothing is holding her back now.  He then recalled the November DM. He says at the reunion, he showed the DM to some executive & told them he didn't want to believe the DM but wanted to make them aware of it and was concerned about some of the things that had been said about him leading up to the reunion. They assured him nothing like that had gone on, Gizelle wouldn't do anything like that etc.

He says he put it out of his mind again until during his part at the reunion when he was barking at Gizelle to tell him exactly what he did, Ashley leaned over to Gizelle and tried to prompt her by asking if it was Chris' body language or posture that made Gizelle uncomfortable.  He says red flags started flagging again when Ashley did that. He says he & Candiace asked Gizelle point blank what Chris did and Gizelle couldn't come up with anything.

{If any of this is true, IMO somebody on production warned Gizelle that Chris had gone to the executives/producers about her & Ashley's plan to reveal more and she clammed up. Ashley was prepared to lie but she needed Gizelle to get the ball rolling. When Gizelle clammed up, Ashley tried to prompt her but Gizelle stayed silent & took her licks from the Bassetts}.

Chris says he did notice watching the season Ashley had a stupid shit eating grin on her face when it came to Candiace. Says it's all weird. Stands by his conduct and what he said.

More cliffs:

• Says the cast is not friends, so they don't need to be coming up to him in the future being friendly, just stay away
  • Says he's the only person on the cast actually from the DMV, everyone else is a transplant
  • Working on his Youtube channel, does corporate cooking and classes, working on his website, couple of ebooks coming, 2 spice rubs, has 2 big projects coming up but won't say until finalized
  • Thanks production for showing the receipts
  • Says he felt the lies on him were concocted to provoke Candiace but Candiace paid them dust and they didn't know what to do with that.
  • Says the cast has a lot of fun off camera* and if they would act like they act off camera for the camera, the show would be a lot more fun. But everyone is worried about their image and trying to have gotcha moments.

My thoughts:

Remember back to part 3 of the reunion where all of a sudden Gizelle claims she was on the bed and had on a robe and he's all up on the door. This was probably leading up to the "he grabbed his penis" story but she chickened out

Ashley IMO is the most dangerous person on the cast. I think Gizelle was going to claim he did something salacious in the room but again she chickened out. Ashley, however, would've been all in if Gizelle had gone forth with her story.

This makes that defamation lawsuit from Michael look even more funny in the light than it already looked.  IMO Michael filed that lawsuit at the behest of Ashley to come for Candiace.  And because Michael hates Candiace & Chris he happily complied.  He never would've known what Candiace said on a closed set unless Ashley told him ---allegedly he sent Candiace the C&D in September.  Season 7 didn't air until October.

*The common denominator is Gizelle. The cast gets along when she's not around.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Chris is on the podcast/YouTube tour.  Apparently he was on the DJ Richie Skye channel and claims he got a random anonymous DM in November claiming a producer paid Ashley & Gizelle to say at the reunion that he grabbed his penis in the hotel room & said more to Ashley to try to lure her to the hotel. Says he didn't think anything of it at the time, but then leading up to the reunion, Gizelle did an interview with Page Six and said she had left some things out about Chris to protect Candiace but she will let it all out at the reunion because nothing is holding her back now.  He then recalled the November DM. He says at the reunion, he showed the DM to some executive & told them he didn't want to believe the DM but wanted to make them aware of it and was concerned about some of the things that had been said about him leading up to the reunion. They assured him nothing like that had gone on, Gizelle wouldn't do anything like that etc.

He says he put it out of his mind again until during his part at the reunion when he was barking at Gizelle to tell him exactly what he did, Ashley leaned over to Gizelle and tried to prompt her by asking if it was Chris' body language or posture that made Gizelle uncomfortable.  He says red flags started flagging again when Ashley did that. He says he & Candiace asked Gizelle point blank what Chris did and Gizelle couldn't come up with anything.

{If any of this is true, IMO somebody on production warned Gizelle that Chris had gone to the executives/producers about her & Ashley's plan to reveal more and she clammed up. Ashley was prepared to lie but she needed Gizelle to get the ball rolling. When Gizelle clammed up, Ashley tried to prompt her but Gizelle stayed silent & took her licks from the Bassetts}.

Chris says he did notice watching the season Ashley had a stupid shit eating grin on her face when it came to Candiace. Says it's all weird. Stands by his conduct and what he said.

More cliffs:

• Says the cast is not friends, so they don't need to be coming up to him in the future being friendly, just stay away
  • Says he's the only person on the cast actually from the DMV, everyone else is a transplant
  • Working on his Youtube channel, does corporate cooking and classes, working on his website, couple of ebooks coming, 2 spice rubs, has 2 big projects coming up but won't say until finalized
  • Thanks production for showing the receipts
  • Says he felt the lies on him were concocted to provoke Candiace but Candiace paid them dust and they didn't know what to do with that.
  • Says the cast has a lot of fun off camera* and if they would act like they act off camera for the camera, the show would be a lot more fun. But everyone is worried about their image and trying to have gotcha moments.

My thoughts:

Remember back to part 3 of the reunion where all of a sudden Gizelle claims she was on the bed and had on a robe and he's all up on the door. This was probably leading up to the "he grabbed his penis" story but she chickened out

Ashley IMO is the most dangerous person on the cast. I think Gizelle was going to claim he did something salacious in the room but again she chickened out. Ashley, however, would've been all in if Gizelle had gone forth with her story.

This makes that defamation lawsuit from Michael look even more funny in the light than it already looked.  IMO Michael filed that lawsuit at the behest of Ashley to come for Candiace.  And because Michael hates Candiace & Chris he happily complied.  He never would've known what Candiace said on a closed set unless Ashley told him ---allegedly he sent Candiace the C&D in September.  Season 7 didn't air until October.

*The common denominator is Gizelle. The cast gets along when she's not around.

I posted over on the other thread that I was waiting for someone to give the cliffs of this interview. Also included was Chris saying that he went to Gizelle's room between segments and they had the conversation, and then she went back out to film more of the reunion, and when Gizelle looks up at him and says you're mad? and he says we'll talk about it later, they had already talked in her room. That was new. He also didn't like how they glossed over the sexual assault claims of him grabbing one of Ashley's friends. Gizelle is rightfully taking a lot of heat, but Ashley should be taking just as much because she was awful this season. It also reminds me that Gizelle says that Ashley was activated this season.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Ashley’s been behind the scheming and gossip since day 1, but more specifically since season 5 she skates away while Gizelle takes the hits. 

I’m wondering why Gizelle didn’t go through with the accusations (assuming what Chris said is true). It could be a producer told Gizelle to cool it, but then why wouldn’t producer also warn Ashley?

Or did Gizelle get a tiny bit of conscience and decide not to further smear this man’s name?

Ashley has no conscience. She’s in perpetual survival mode and will do what needs to be done to avoid the Capital Beltway Tent. I’m going to re-watch the Chris segment of the reunion to see if Ashley did indeed try to prompt Gizelle.

• Like 10
1 minute ago, drivethroo said:

Ashley’s been behind the scheming and gossip since day 1, but more specifically since season 5 she skates away while Gizelle takes the hits. 

I’m wondering why Gizelle didn’t go through with the accusations (assuming what Chris said is true). It could be a producer told Gizelle to cool it, but then why wouldn’t producer also warn Ashley?

Or did Gizelle get a tiny bit of conscience and decide not to further smear this man’s name?

Ashley has no conscience. She’s in perpetual survival mode and will do what needs to be done to avoid the Capital Beltway Tent. I’m going to re-watch the Chris segment of the reunion to see if Ashley did indeed try to prompt Gizelle.

I remember when Ashley leaned over and asked Gizelle if it was his body language that made her uncomfortable. At the time I thought Ashley was trying to help Gizelle out with her stupid argument. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

Chris also talked about how this wasn't the first time he responded to Ashley's stories on IG. Sometimes she would respond back. Only now did she have a problem with it, because she needed a story of course. I can believe Ashley could use the extra money from the producer to say something false. This wouldn't be the first time I have heard of a reality star being offered a bonus in the form of money or swag to say something on camera. I still go back to Ashley asking G if he had Alzheimers. If Candiace or Wendy had said that, the cast would have exploded on them. 

• Like 3

Ashley & Uncle Lump run over to Fox 5

Cliffs:

after the generational wealth clip from the reunion is played, Uncle Lump calls Candace a hater 

when the host asks about the prenup, Uncle Lump says yeah, Ashley should’ve read the fine print and said well he’s been in business for 31 years and sometimes the fine print escapes him

Ashley says a grown man shouldn’t be moving into his girlfriend’s mother’s house and Uncle Lump’s children are all grown, self sufficient and pay their own bills and it’s time for Chris to grow up and do the same 

Ashley’s smiling smug now that she thinks Dorothy will be paying her bills too.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Chris is on the podcast/YouTube tour.  Apparently he was on the DJ Richie Skye channel and claims he got a random anonymous DM in November claiming a producer paid Ashley & Gizelle to say ...

This is the part that seems strange. Why would Gizelle and Ashley need to be paid? Is there a different pay scale for the reunions vs what they receive for the season? Someone drop some knowledge on your sister this morning!

• LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, eXiled said:

Why would Gizelle and Ashley need to be paid?

I don't know how long it's been going on, but it points to the larger pattern of production's heavy-handed control of the storylines. I've assumed that some housewives receive bonuses based on ratings and popularity or even the love-to-hate-her housewives who pull in viewers.

I think the seasonal payments are parsed out in order to keep the housewives performing like circus monkeys. We've heard of people not showing up to reunions, and I can see where a payment would be withheld.

I don't know where else to put this: an older news item about Andy's new scripted show based on his life. Some speculate that executives want WWHL killed and Andy off of the housewives franchise.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/andy-cohen-coming-of-age-comedy-most-talkative-nbc-universal-tv-1235118839/

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, eXiled said:

Why would Gizelle and Ashley need to be paid?

It’s my understanding that on these reality shows, each character is assigned to a producer. That producer helps the character with their storylines. If Gizelle & Ashley share a producer, their particular producer may have offered them a little bonus to spice things up. 

Meanwhile, none of the producers assigned to the other housewives know or participate in the schemes of the others. It could be one of the producers assigned to another housewife (or perhaps Candiace’s producer) found out what Gizelle & Ashley’s producer was doing sent Chris the anonymous DM giving Chris a heads up as to what Gizelle & Ashley had planned.

This would be a skeptical situation except Gizelle did give several interviews leading up to the reunion promising to drop the bomb on Chris & she was protecting Candiace but now it’s gloves off. Yet at the reunion she put on the Owl act with Ashley trying to prompt her to spill the tea on Chris?

Why didn’t Gizelle drop the bomb on Chris?

Did she have an attack of conscience?

Or did Gizelle’s producer give her a heads up that Chris went to the executives and showed them the DM from November so she needs to cool it?

I think because Gizelle didn’t finish Chris off, Ashley is going to make it her mission to. That’s why she ran on to Channel 5 to smear Chris some more.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

It’s my understanding that on these reality shows, each character is assigned to a producer. That producer helps the character with their storylines. If Gizelle & Ashley share a producer, their particular producer may have offered them a little bonus to spice things up. 

Meanwhile, none of the producers assigned to the other housewives know or participate in the schemes of the others. It could be one of the producers assigned to another housewife (or perhaps Candiace’s producer) found out what Gizelle & Ashley’s producer was doing sent Chris the anonymous DM giving Chris a heads up as to what Gizelle & Ashley had planned.

This would be a skeptical situation except Gizelle did give several interviews leading up to the reunion promising to drop the bomb on Chris & she was protecting Candiace but now it’s gloves off. Yet at the reunion she put on the Owl act with Ashley trying to prompt her to spill the tea on Chris?

Why didn’t Gizelle drop the bomb on Chris?

Did she have an attack of conscience?

Or did Gizelle’s producer give her a heads up that Chris went to the executives and showed them the DM from November so she needs to cool it?

I think because Gizelle didn’t finish Chris off, Ashley is going to make it her mission to. That’s why she ran on to Channel 5 to smear Chris some more.

Ashly needs to be VERY careful.. just like her creepy Chester the molester can sue Candace for slander Chris could easily do the same to her 

• Like 7

The producers are under just as much pressure to present a good story. Their jobs are also at stake. I remember another popular "reality" show, where the rumor was that most of the cast were promised expensive bags in order to say one of the main cast members was doing drugs. I can absolutely see the producers encouraging the cast to do certain things for the sake of ratings. Everyone was talking about the Chris situation all season, and it was a highly anticipated reunion to see how Candiace was going to respond to what happened all season in confessionals. If Gizelle and Ashley came with more damning allegations, that lowers the boom and it also attacks Candiace in another tense high stress situation. Think about it, they were there all day talking, then the husbands come out in the late afternoon, Candiace is tired, has already been arguing with the women, and then Gizelle and Ashley dump more crap on her? Sh might have exploded. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

The producers really showed their hand this season. Seems there is always more drama going on behind the scenes than makes it on the show itself. Reminds me of a show I loved called UnREAL. It's about a producer of a Bachelor-style reality show who goes off the rails in a big way. Very entertaining. And, as it turns out, very much how y'all have explained the behind-the-scenes shenanigans of these shows.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I get that the producers drive the storylines but how did Juan stay under the radar?

Well in the words of Wendy, Robyn's relationship with Juan isn't anything to care about. Everyone at that table had heard rumors about Juan wandering but most of them weren't trying to expose Robyn because again, her relationship with Juan wasn't anything to care about.  It's an arrangement.  No one believes it's real so it really wasn't worth the effort of exposing.   

Robyn said she sat through Season 7 ready for one of the cast mates to expose her. The only ones who would have exposed her would've been Wendy or Karen which is why she kept antagonizing and picking with them.  Everyone else was either actively protecting her (Gizelle, Ashley) or minding their business (Candiace, Charrisse) or didn't care (Mia).

The laundrymat girl does look like Karen.

I would say Robyn is stupid for doing a 50/50 pre-nup with Juan but she's paying him for services rendered.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
21 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I would say Robyn is stupid for doing a 50/50 pre-nup with Juan but she's paying him for services rendered.

My guess is there will be a post nup that nullifies the 50/50 agreement and it lands in the the 100/00 agreement that states Juan forfeits any money and does not have to pay child support and he can be free to do laundry with other women.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Coppin state has parted ways with Juan Dixon. The Dixon household must be very stressful right now. Robyn needs the check more than ever. It's time to go to Bravo and throw herself at the mercy of the network. Everything is on the table for next season. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Coppin state has parted ways with Juan Dixon. The Dixon household must be very stressful right now. Robyn needs the check more than ever. It's time to go to Bravo and throw herself at the mercy of the network. Every

I was just coming here to post that. 

The cynical part of me says he knew he was getting the boot so why not marry Robyn and get half her bennies on the way out the door.

The other cynical part of me says they’re not legally married so it doesn’t matter.

BRAVO knows they have Robyn where they want her. They’re going to offer her a crappy contract for Season 8 and she better act like a circus animal on command or it’s back to the townhouse in Elkridge for you.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Coppin state has parted ways with Juan Dixon. The Dixon household must be very stressful right now. Robyn needs the check more than ever. It's time to go to Bravo and throw herself at the mercy of the network. Everything is on the table for next season. 

he might find another job before filming starts again, as it is early in the coaching carousel for college coaches.  He must was on someone's good-side as overall  record, would have gotten him packing a while ago.

image.thumb.png.2c6b8616e9b9affdc01fd4688388bd3b.png

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

he might find another job before filming starts again, as it is early in the coaching carosel for college coaches. 

He definitely has time. Putting on my basketball fan hat for a second, it may not be in the DMV, and it may not be another division 1 job. He did not have stellar seasons at Coppin, so he will either have to take a D2 or D3 job or a job not even at a college, or his next job may be out of the area. I doubt he would take a job out of the area since they just finished building that house though. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I had no idea that Juan Dixon coached the women's UDC basketball team the year before he went to Coppin, or that Coppin was tied for 1st in 2021. Too bad they didn't win the tournament that year. The Georgetown job is open, no way he gets that. The womens Georgetown job is also open, doubt he gets that. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, sATL said:

he might find another job before filming starts again, as it is early in the coaching carousel for college coaches. 

Nope, he’s finished. If anything in that lawsuit is true, nobody is going to want him around their kids, so college, high school or even middle school is out.

If the student wins the lawsuit, Maryland will be paying him off. Juan would be a financial liability to a state entity so no other state school in Maryland will be hiring him.

Even without the lawsuit scandal, they will have to promise to tell all their business to keep Robyn’s income from stopping. I doubt parents want some guy who’s business is all over TV coaching their kids (unless he was a winning coach which he is not).

Juan getting fired might end up saving Robyn’s job because they know she’s desperate and won’t want to be leaving that new house. The podcast, Patreon and hats won’t be enough to save it.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 7
17 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I guess Juan will not be able to afford many trips to Canada now...

I would help the Dixon household by ordering a hat but they always seem to be sold out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I'm listening to Kempire's take on the Juan Dixon firing.  Cliffs:

• Says Coppin State has been actively investigating the allegations
  • The lawsuit did play a part in his firing but wasn't the sole reason
  • Canada Goose & cheating allegations wasn't a good look for Coppin State
  • They had a poor record under Juan (9-23 this season & last season, 50-160/180 overall in his 6 years there--numbers of the losses are varying)
  • Poor fundraising record: The association with RHOP was positive at first but the lawsuit & negativity surrounding RHOP lately and Juan's cheating turned the association into a negative and could have hurt fundraising
  • Robyn & Gizelle were supposed to do a fundraiser for the team days before the news of the lawsuit coming out but Gizelle bailed out and only Robyn was there.
  • Coppin State has a new president and he may have seen the foolery of Juan wandering and the negativity surrounding RHOP + the lawsuit and decided to cut his losses with Juan and clean house.

The majority of the negativity surrounding RHOP actually boils down to Gizelle & Ashley scheming on the rest of the cast.  This whole debacle of Season 7 boils down to Gizelle scheming to drag Chris in order to deflect from Robyn & Juan and Robyn being on edge that Wendy* or Karen would expose her. In fact, I might rewatch Season 6 to see exactly when Gizelle brought up the "Wendy insecure/Eddie cheating" rumors ...was it before or after Robyn telling the story about Juan saying she was unattractive?

*Gives a new perspective on why Robyn was so angry Candiace wouldn't join her & Gizelle in bullying Wendy off the show. Robyn needed Wendy off the show so Wendy wouldn't expose her because Wendy accidentally exposed her in Season 6 (but no one knew that until now).

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
58 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

They had a poor record under Juan (9-23 this season & last season, 50-160/180 overall in his 6 years there--numbers of the losses are varying)

I think his winning percentage is 28%, which is not great, even without the allegations.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

• Robyn & Gizelle were supposed to do a fundraiser for the team days before the news of the lawsuit coming out but Gizelle bailed out and only Robyn was there.

Gizelle bailed on Robyn???!!! Wow, never thought I'd see the day. 

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think his winning percentage is 28%, which is not great, even without the allegations.

Most if not all the MEAC has a losing percentage before league play, but he seems to not have been able to get over the conference winning hump. Too bad. 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

If I remember correctly, the house is in Robyn’s name alone so she’s the one that’s going to be held responsible for the payments.  Juan’s credit standing is already in the dumpster.

That means she would have had to qualify for it on her own, without Juan's salary being included.  That means that her mortgage lender felt Robyn had enough money on her own to afford the house.  (I'm not saying she can afford it, just that it seems she qualified for it on her own, which is interesting.)

18 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Robyn & Gizelle were supposed to do a fundraiser for the team days before the news of the lawsuit coming out but Gizelle bailed out and only Robyn was there.

Wow, that's surprising on G's part.  That's a real life commitment that probably had a small bearing on whether or not Juan kept his job.  Not that it's G's responsibility, but if their event had been a huge success, it might have tipped the scales in Juan's favor.  It also might not have, but I can't help but wonder if Robyn feels it might have made a difference.  IF SO...if so, you couple that with the fact Robyn's going to need to hold that paycheck tight, could this be what gets Robyn to turn on G?  I wonder if she'd be willing to do that for a storyline.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I would not be surprised if Robyn and Gizelle have a falling out next season. It would be a storyline for both of them. Almost all housewife bff’s get in a fight at some point. I’m guessing Robyn will return to get called out over and over by Karen, Wendy and possibly Candiace. Now if Robyn and Gizelle do fall out, I could see Candiace being team Robyn.

I hope everyone returns except Mia. She lies and acts trashy for the sake of being trashy. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I would not be surprised if Robyn and Gizelle have a falling out next season. It would be a storyline for both of them. Almost all housewife bff’s get in a fight at some point. I’m guessing Robyn will return to get called out over and over by Karen, Wendy and possibly Candiace. Now if Robyn and Gizelle do fall out, I could see Candiace being team Robyn.

I hope everyone returns except Mia. She lies and acts trashy for the sake of being trashy. 

But who would film with Gizelle? Only Ashley would be sitting on her couch at that point, because Karen, Wendy, Candiace and Robyn would be on one side. Gizelle is savvy enough to know that Ashley and (possibly) Mia isn't much of a team. Now if Charisse was staying around I could see it. but without her or some new sycophant, Gizelle definitely would have team throw-you-under-the-bus which she would never be okay with.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

But who would film with Gizelle? Only Ashley would be sitting on her couch at that point, because Karen, Wendy, Candiace and Robyn would be on one side. Gizelle is savvy enough to know that Ashley and (possibly) Mia isn't much of a team. Now if Charisse was staying around I could see it. but without her or some new sycophant, Gizelle definitely would have team throw-you-under-the-bus which she would never be okay with.

I think Ashley would be jumping at the chance to be Gizzy's bff particularly if Gizzy is still an executive producer next season.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I think Ashley would be jumping at the chance to be Gizzy's bff particularly if Gizzy is still an executive producer next season.

That’s what I thought. Ashley would also broker meetings between Gizelle and whoever as well as betray anything anyone confided in her.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

It has been brought up that only Charisse attended the funeral of Karen's mom. Was there some reason no one else felt the need to attend? Was it during Covid?

Edited by Iguessnot
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

It has been brought up that only Charisse attended the funeral of Karen's mom. Was there some reason no one else felt the need to attend? Was it during Covid?

It wasn't during Covid.

Potomac to Surry is a 3.5 hour trip. And that's with no traffic.  But you are dealing with the Beltway and Interstate 95 so add at least another 30 minutes for traffic.  And you can't drive to Surry direct from I-95.  You either have to drive to Richmond VA via i-95 and get on Route 10 to Surry or drive to Richmond, get on Interstate 64, drive to Williamsburg, then catch the ferry to Surry.  That's why Candiace was so angry with Ashley during the Williamsburg trip ---you drove 3+ hours in I-95/64 traffic to tell Wendy some BS?

I wouldn't drive 3.5+ hours to someone's parent's funeral unless I really cared about them.  I certainly wouldn't put myself through the Beltway/I-95/64 traffic for some clout.

Seriously. The only other way to get to Surry without using Rt. 10 or the ferry is driving down to Newport News, driving across the bridge, going down 258 then getting on Rt. 10 west to Surry.  Ain't nobody trying to do all of that for a coworker's parent.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5