Type keyword(s) to search

Bridgerton In Media: Bodice Ripped From the Headlines

• Start Topic

Bridgerton Season 4 Update Increases Benedict Concerns After Season 3's Change

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Bridgerton showrunner Jess Brownell said, "It's possible that we will continue to go out of order." She went on to explain that, "It felt like it was too early to have [Benedict] settled down. He’s such a passionate character, and we wanted him to go on a few more adventures before we get to his season."

• Like 2

Ok, that is kinda getting my hopes up that we're going to see Benedict riding a balloon all the way across Europe and then becoming a professional clown and naked horseback performer, which may sound improbable but they did say adventures. Maybe he will find a magic carpet on the way.

• LOL 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, quarks said:

Ok, that is kinda getting my hopes up that we're going to see Benedict riding a balloon all the way across Europe and then becoming a professional clown and naked horseback performer, which may sound improbable but they did say adventures. Maybe he will find a magic carpet on the way.

Or maybe he’ll time travel to the 2020s and become some sort of TikTok influencer.  It’s Shondaland - anything can happen. 

Edited by PRgal
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
On 5/22/2024 at 9:41 PM, oliviabenson said:

Francesca’s suitor that she doesn’t like looks like Borat lol. Sacha Cohen???

On 5/25/2024 at 3:57 PM, PRgal said:

He looks like an evil continental European aristocrat.  I expected a really, really thick accent.

That would've been perfect!

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, PRgal said:

Or maybe he’ll time travel to the 2020s and become some sort of TikTok influencer.  It’s Shondaland - anything can happen. 

MAYBE HE WILL BECOME CAPTAIN AMERICA and then get on a spaceship and find a light saber and fight Darth Vader and then go to the Wookie Debutante Ball where he will band together with a group of eleven people to FIND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT and use that to destroy the patriarchal rules of the Ton, once and for all!!!!!

(too much? maybe too much)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
23 minutes ago, quarks said:

MAYBE HE WILL BECOME CAPTAIN AMERICA and then get on a spaceship and find a light saber and fight Darth Vader and then go to the Wookie Debutante Ball where he will band together with a group of eleven people to FIND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT and use that to destroy the patriarchal rules of the Ton, once and for all!!!!!

Actually, he might also want to go to 2000s NYC and be one of the guys Carrie Bradshaw goes out with?  Or maybe Samantha's boytoy?  She DOES like younger men...or do you think he's better off in Stars Hollow?  I hear Lorelai might be looking.....

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, quarks said:

I’d watch that happily! Much more interesting than whatever I saw recently.

Bridgerton the remix 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Benedict already looks 45, how many seasons before his turn? For real he looks like he can play the new stepdad! He looks too old to play a son lol.

Maybe they are giving him sallow makeup and unflattering lighting to keep him in the background?

Just for a bit of reference:

Luke Thompson, who plays Benedict Bridgerton, will be 36 on the 4th of July, so was 35 when this season was filmed.
But, yeah, when are they filming his season? 

Jonathan Bailey (season 2 lead Anthony) is a few months older.

Luke Newton (Colin) is 31.

Regé-Jean Page is now 36 and was 32 when he played Simon.

And, although Nicola Coughlan (Pen) is 37, she has the flawless complexion of an ingenue.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Don't worry you guys, Benedict is most likely the next season. When asked by a fan when will we get to see his season, the actor said "soon", and the production code word for the season 4 is Vauxhall which is a place famous for its masquerade balls 😏

ufb9ixym2nwc1.webp.f741a6599dfd5cae861d0181a48d5f09.webp

I am sure the showrunners of Bridgerton enjoy keeping us in the dark since it drives conversation and keeps people guessing which keeps up engagement with the show. All of these are good things. But so far, all signs point to Benedict being season 4.

Edited by Harvey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Maybe they are giving him sallow makeup and unflattering lighting to keep him in the background?

Just for a bit of reference:

Luke Thompson, who plays Benedict Bridgerton, will be 36 on the 4th of July, so was 35 when this season was filmed.
But, yeah, when are they filming his season? 

Jonathan Bailey (season 2 lead Anthony) is a few months older.

Luke Newton (Colin) is 31.

Regé-Jean Page is now 36 and was 32 when he played Simon.

And, although Nicola Coughlan (Pen) is 37, she has the flawless complexion of an ingenue.

He looks older than 36. Oh well it is what it is. Pen looks great for 37. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Pen looks great for 37. 

Yes, she does not look 37 in the show, and I saw her in a late night interview, and she did not look that old there either. 
I wonder if there was any intentionality in casting her love interest with someone who appeared more immature? 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Benedict already looks 45, how many seasons before his turn? For real he looks like he can play the new stepdad! He looks too old to play a son lol.

The first season, before I could tell any of the brothers apart, I kept thinking he was the dad. And then they kept saying that the dad was dead, and I'd get confused until they said he was a brother. And then it would happen again.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/23/2024 at 5:53 PM, Chaser said:

Season 1 doesn’t seem to be anyone’s favorite.

My husband is watching with me. Currently we are on season 2 episode 7. I can say I have had to poke him awake through much of season 1. He thought Simon was a complete dope. He really has enjoyed season 2 a lot more, especially episodes 2-4. Last night we watched episode 6 and my god, was it interminable. Easily the worst episode of the season. But overall, he enjoys the second season a lot more than the first and enjoys the banter and the humor. 

• Like 4

Without getting too much into Book Talk, book 2, Anthony’s story was much better than book 1, Daphne’s story. And I read them way back when they came out! I wished I would have saved them, but who knew years later they would become a series?!

• Like 2
On 5/29/2024 at 10:39 AM, Conotocarious said:

He thought Simon was a complete dope.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on Season 1, too.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I think I'd rather them start doubling them up. Have next season be Benedict and Eloise. He really doesn't have anything to do despite the "adventures" he supposely goes on. I worry the show will be canceled before it gets to his.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I hate to say it, but I'm not really feeling that trailer. It feels like they've changed the entire tone of the show — not just in the Polin storyline, but the styling, storytelling, camera angles, everything. It looks like the new showrunner made some huge changes.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Like 2

It’s very tilted. I think it feels like a final season trailer. The big dramatic reveal which threatens everything. 

• Like 2
(edited)

♦️ SPOILER ALERT! ♦️

From the latest trailer at 01:26…

🤔🤔🤔

Spoiler

Faux Lady Whistledown??!

Why are they giving this away?

AE25BB6C-29C5-4515-BC48-B33CF605E3DB.jpeg

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

I am looking forward to the final episodes. Very much enjoying it. My only complaint is there are too many storylines. Colin/Penelope, the family becoming royal, Francesca coming out, Mama Bridgerton maybe getting a beau, Featheringtons trying to get pregnant etc etc. 

I would have dropped a few so they all got proper attention. 

21 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Golda Rosheuvel and Luke Thompson On 'Bridgerton' Season 3 | The View

They mention the diverse cast on the clip and I've joked about going into acting (I was a drama (and history) major as an undergrad) and playing a spinster/old maid.  I may be going on 45, but I'm probably a "Bridgerton 30" at most (since Nicola is 37, playing 20-ish).  LOL.  

• Thanks 1

WHy do they keep asking about these stupid wigs in all these interviews? Compared to many other aspects of the show, they really are not that interesting. PR team please be more creative. At least in the good morning interview they had the good sense to ask Benedict if he is the next season.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

You will all be sorry for mocking this lifestyle when the plot twist of the season finale involves several carriages stuck in a traffic jam without a single cup of tea to be seen.

• LOL 11
(edited)

That teaser kind of made no sense. (Spoiler tagging, but only talking about the teaser.)

Spoiler

What, exactly, do the Bridgertons think happened between Pen and Eloise? AFAIK, Show has given zero indication that anyone noticed, much less addressed, the fact that their friendship soured. But Pen tells Colin that Eloise is "understandably" upset, and he just nods sadly? Mama Bridgerton had NO reaction to her rather rude outburst?

Makes. No. Sense.

Edited by Jane Tuesday
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, Jane Tuesday said:

That teaser kind of made no sense. (Spoiler tagging, but only talking about the teaser.)

Hide contents

What, exactly, do the Bridgertons think happened between Pen and Eloise? AFAIK, Show has given zero indication that anyone noticed, much less addressed, the fact that their friendship soured. But Pen tells Colin that Eloise is "understandably" upset, and he just nods sadly? Mama Bridgerton had NO reaction to her rather rude outburst?

Makes. No. Sense.

Spoiler tagging response, since I also discuss the trailer:

Spoiler

1. So in previous seasons, most of the Bridgertons never seemed to pay much attention to the Eloise/Penelope friendship at all - none of them commented when Eloise and Penelope had their first fight back in the first season, for instance. The major exceptions are Colin and Violet, who are also pretty much the only other Bridgertons who even talk to Penelope at all. Daphne and Penelope attended many of the same balls back in the first season, for instance, and yet if they did chat at these balls, we never saw it. 

I don't think any of them other than Eloise have or had anything against Penelope, mind you. It's just that like most of the characters on the show, they don't really notice her.

Which I think is part of the point. 

2. In a more or less throwaway line on Queen Charlotte, Violet tells Lady Danbury that Eloise is fighting with Penelope, but Violet doesn't know what the fight is about. So, she's noticed.

3. In this season:

Colin addresses the rift, more than once, with both Penelope and Eloise, starting in the first episode.

The other Bridgertons don't - but they do seem to be aware. And possibly disapproving.  In the first episode, for instance, Benedict sees  Penelope and immediately looks over at Eloise. When he sees that Eloise has also seen Penelope, he deliberately turns his back - but does not walk away. There's obviously various ways to interpret this, but it looks as if Benedict is deliberately trying to give the two some space, while also remaining nearby in case Eloise needs him. 

There's a cut that suggests that Francesca also saw this interaction. At the next ball, Francesca comes up to Penelope - and although Francesca appears to be doing this mostly to avoid talking to her suitors, she also makes a point of saying that all of her siblings are wonderful. 

It's not clear if Francesca knows that Penelope has feelings for Colin. But she presumably knows that Penelope and Eloise were friends at one point - but are now avoiding each other at a ball.

So, yeah, it's been acknowledged.

3. Violet does react to Eloise - just not verbally, and it's not a focus of the camera. 

The entire scene is a flashback. Penelope is writing her Lady Whistledown thing, so this almost entirely from her point of view. We get all kinds of camera distortions and weird angles as she goes through the house, with the camera frequently replacing her, to clarify that this is what happened through Penelope's eyes.

Penelope and the camera do not see the entire room when they enter: they only see Colin and, directly behind him, Francesca, Violet, and Hyacinth. We hear Penelope's heartbeats, and Colin's distorted voice, and then, after Hyacinth rushes up to hug Penelope, the camera pulls back and we see oh, Gregory is also in the room. More hugs, and then the camera shows us that Eloise is also in the room. 

Eloise says "Excuse me," and rushes out of the room. Colin is about to follow, but Penelope says, "Let me." The camera takes her place, showing us Colin and a concerned Violet, who tips her head and looks worried, and then Penelope rushes out.

So....yeah, Violet reacts. Whether or not she'll say something to Eloise later about this, I don't know, but she does react. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1