Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Evil

• Start Topic

An early review and it sounds positive...

TV Review: "Evil's" pilot episode gives viewers a show whose classically elegant construction and sharp sense of itself augur great things ahead.

In its pilot installment, CBS’s new drama “Evil” delves into that which may lie beyond the rationally explicable. And the show itself represents something almost supernatural by 2019 standards, too: A well-made hour fueled by chemistry between its leads and a strong idea of itself. On the basis of its debut outing, which screened at the Tribeca TV Festival Sept. 14 ahead of a Sept. 26 premiere, “Evil,” the latest show from “The Good Wife” creators Robert and Michelle King, shows an unusual degree of polish and promise, as well as edge that startles while existing for something other than mere shock value.

Tv by the numbers has this as a likely cancellation. Still time to change, they may have a long leash. But  I was really close to skipping new shows this yr until the dust settled but I gave in and tried this. Think I'm back on the sidelines until decisions start being made. I'm not in the US so I don't affect ratings and I'm tired of getting into shows that are dead man walking in two months.

• Love 2

I want all the NYC-filmed shows to be renewed. Jobs for lots of industry people. (Even if I can't stand the show.) But I like this one, and they are using my neighborhood a lot, and I find that a lot of fun. (Left the house yesterday morning to see ANOTHER show using our local diner as a set.)

• Love 2

I skipped the last couple weeks so that's why it got renewed. If I get into a new show it's pretty much the kiss of death. Now I can watch the eps I saved. No need for thanks 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Congrats to Mike Colter for his Critics' Choice nomination! Nice to see this new show getting a bit of award love already:

https://tvline.com/2019/12/08/critics-choice-awards-nominations-2020-full-list-tv-nominees/

Best Actor in a Drama Series
Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us (NBC)
Mike Colter, Evil (CBS)
Paul Giamatti, Billions (Showtime)
Kit Harington, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Freddie Highmore, The Good Doctor (ABC)
Tobias Menzies, The Crown (Netflix)
Billy Porter, Pose (FX)
Jeremy Strong, Succession (HBO)

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 4

This article is pro-daughters. 

https://tvline.com/gallery/tv-scene-stealers-2019-best-characters/

I thought it was pretty funny given the complaints here. Katja Herbers tweeted it out. I almost tweeted something back to her about how many people thought it was about 2 kids too many, too loud but I couldn't. She knows these kids and it's probably not in her control.  

ETA eh I went ahead and tweeted anyway. I made the mistake of watching this show hungover once. Lesson learned- too. much. screeching. 

Edited by cleo
  • Love 3

I honestly like the kids, myself :). Yeah, four kids can be a lot to manage on a show like this, and I wasn't sure how they'd deal with that when the show first started, too. But I find the fact that she's got so many kids, and the fact they're all girls besides, kinda interesting-I think it adds something to Kristen's character and the family dynamics.

I do agree, though, that it'd be nice to have more moments where Kristen/her mom/whomever else interacts with each of them separately, though, or we can get some storylines focusing on them individually, and let us get to know them better as characters, and see what they're like when they're not all together, and whatnot. I do think the show's been trying to do a bit more of that in recent episodes, so hopefully that'll continue to be the case going forward. 

• Love 4

Been awfully quiet on the news front for this show lately, but seems the cast will be participating in NYCC next month, and Emerson mentioned on Twitter that he's already receiving some of the scripts for the new season. So yay!

Edited by Annber03
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Netflix added the premier season, if anyone wants to rewatch or whatever. I am little surprised because Netflix seems to pick up very few shows from current tv anymore, and this one didn't exactly hit it out of the park in terms of ratings. But I saw a story somewhere that said it was being viewed quite a bit, so perhaps the ratings will go up when the show starts up again ( whenever that actually happens !)

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of people talking about the show and building up some more buzz for it again no :). The more fans, the better, both for the show's future and just 'cause yay, more fans to talk about the show with in general :D!

As far as I know it's still going to air on CBS, yeah. They're basically just working out when the best time to start filming again will be, so once that starts up, we should get an official return date then. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, willco said:

Netflix added the premier season, if anyone wants to rewatch or whatever. I am little surprised because Netflix seems to pick up very few shows from current tv anymore, and this one didn't exactly hit it out of the park in terms of ratings. But I saw a story somewhere that said it was being viewed quite a bit, so perhaps the ratings will go up when the show starts up again ( whenever that actually happens !)

I think that might have been why Netflix was able to obtain it.   Say what you want about Netflix it gets eyeballs.  So if you want your ratings to go up for a bubble show putting it up on Netflix isn’t a bad move.

• Love 1

Man, those dialogue snippets are incredibly intriguing. Especially Ben apparently "seeing something", and Sheryl getting all threatening. Ooh. I can't wait to see what comes of all of that!

Glad the cast could give us a small taste of what to expect. LOL at Mandvi getting all into it with the sound effects, too :p. 

• Love 2

Meant to post this sooner, but the cast and creators were part of the recent PaleyFest panel discussion, and here's the video of their chat. It's about an hour long, and they get a bit into the reasons for why it's taken the show a little longer than normal with its filming and such. Sounds like they're moving along pretty good with the filming of the season, though, I think, from what I've seen on Twitter, they're more than midway through the season at this point. So that's good news. 

But yeah, there's some fun conversation in this panel about the show and some neat insight into the characters and so forth. Now all we need is an official return date and we should be good to go :):

• Love 5

‘Evil’ Nears Move From CBS To Paramount+ For Season 2

Robert and Michelle King’s dark and compelling CBS drama Evil is on the move. According to sources, negotiations are underway for the serialized show to relocate from the linear network to ViacomCBS streamer Paramount+.

CBS Studios already has a good idea how Evil would do on streaming with a one-year deal the studio made last year with Netflix for Evil and The Unicorn. Evil did very well during its promotional window on Netflix, sources said.

Many people have Netflix, not many people have Paramount+. This is a bad idea.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

See, you're thinking like a fan of the show. You have to think like an exec who's going to get fired if they don't get their sub numbers up.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

And then there's people like myself, who don't have either. I'm not out and out broke right now, but I don't really have the money to do a regular subscription to a streaming service of any sort. I'd be able to do a month, maybe two at most, but if the show is the sort that releases new episodes every week online, or if I want to, say, rewatch episodes of a show I like, as I like to do with this one, then a month or two's subscription isn't really going to help me in that regard. 

So yeah. Not too thrilled about this news, either :/. I will try and use what I've got to subscribe as long as I can to watch the next season of this show once it airs, because I like it and want to keep watching, but I would much prefer it stay on CBS itself. I hate that everything seems to keep going to streaming services nowadays. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:
14 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

See, you're thinking like a fan of the show. You have to think like an exec who's going to get fired if they don't get their sub numbers up.

It would be smarter to add a show that people really want to see, but was cancelled to your streaming service, like Prodigal Son, Black Lightning, Superstore, mixed-ish, Stumptown, Mom, Lucifer, MacGyver, or MST3K.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

And then there's people like myself, who don't have either. I'm not out and out broke right now, but I don't really have the money to do a regular subscription to a streaming service of any sort. I'd be able to do a month, maybe two at most, but if the show is the sort that releases new episodes every week online, or if I want to, say, rewatch episodes of a show I like, as I like to do with this one, then a month or two's subscription isn't really going to help me in that regard. 

So yeah. Not too thrilled about this news, either :/. I will try and use what I've got to subscribe as long as I can to watch the next season of this show once it airs, because I like it and want to keep watching, but I would much prefer it stay on CBS itself. I hate that everything seems to keep going to streaming services nowadays. 

I can’t afford it, either.  I gave up cable, and subscribed to Hulu, last year.  I still have Disney plus, but I need to get rid that, too.  I’m going to have to find an alternate way to watch, unless I can watch it in their website for free with ads, like I was watching Clarice.  

I wish I’d watched all of the HBO shows when they were on Amazon prime.  Everything is scattered now, and I can’t afford it all.  

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2
(edited)

See that’s what I like about streaming services.   They are actually incredibly Easy to cancel. It’s not like cable where cancelling is like pulling teeth or just impossible.  I have two at a time and my sisters Disney  plus password.     I will sign up for Netflix and Hulu then cancel Hulu and sign up for Paramount then cancel Paramount and sign up for HBO Max.    You get a free month here and there and when that expires you cancel and move on to the next one and occasionally you’ll get an email asking you back for a free 30 days so sign up for that and then a few days later cancel again.   I never have more then two (not counting Amazon and Disney which is my sisters) platforms at once.     So when Evil comes on I will cancel something and get Paramount for awhile.   Maybe watch whatever I missed and then jump off.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

See that’s what I like about streaming services.   They are actually incredibly Easy to cancel. It’s not like cable where cancelling is like pulling teeth or just impossible.  I have two at a time and my sisters Disney  plus password.     I will sign up for Netflix and Hulu then cancel Hulu and sign up for Paramount then cancel Paramount and sign up for HBO Max.    You get a free month here and there and when that expires you cancel and move on to the next one and occasionally you’ll get an email asking you back for a free 30 days so sign up for that and then a few days later cancel again.   I never have more then two (not counting Amazon and Disney which is my sisters) platforms at once.     So when Evil comes on I will cancel something and get Paramount for awhile.   Maybe watch whatever I missed and then jump off.  

My dad likes Hulu, so I won't be cancelling it any time soon. 

• Love 1
(edited)

CBS' SEAL Team and Evil Officially Headed to Paramount+

It’s officially official: CBS bubble drama SEAL Team is headed to sibling streamer Paramount+ for its just-ordered fifth season. Additionally, as teed up earlier this week, Robert and Michelle King’s Evil is also making the leap to Paramount+ for its previously ordered second season. 

Debuting on CBS in September 2019, Evil earned a swift renewal for Season 2 a month later. But no new episodes have aired since Season 1 wrapped up in January 2020, nearly a year and a half ago. Production on Season 2 is well underway, with the season already 12 episodes into filming.

Ps: can’t wait for Evil season 2, been waiting forever! 😍

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 3

Re. migration of Evil to Paramount+: oh, well. I was really looking forward to this returning. Luckily, it's been a year and a half since I saw a new episode, so guess what, CBS? I think I'll put the $5 toward Acorn TV ($6) instead.

• Love 3

The show will eventually end up on DVD if you do rentals or you could just pay for 1 month of paramount+ a year and binge all the shows you normally would watch instead of paying for the whole year.

Some shows will thrive on streamers and some won't, but they will know for sure how many people watch them over time. I look at how Lucifer wasn't a huge money maker for FOX (advertising age group, delayed viewing issues) but did absolutely great on NETFLIX where paying eyeballs is all that matters.

• Love 2

So another show I won't see anymore because it is going to a streaming service I don't have and refuse to subscribe to. I have enough already and speaking for myself I would find it a hassle to do the subscribe, cancel, subscribe thing that some people do. It would be too much bother for me. As someone else said, I might eventually see it another way and I am willing to wait. In the meantime I have plenty of other shows to watch on the services I do have. Shame though.

• Love 13
(edited)

Well, for anyone who is planning to watch this on the streaming service, first off, June 20th will be the return date, and they'll release a new episode each Sunday, as reported here: https://tvline.com/2021/05/23/evil-season-2-trailer-premiere-date-paramount-plus/#comment-list-wrapper

Second, here's the trailer for the upcoming season. I've already watched it twice. It. Looks. INTENSE. 

So, so, SO many questions about what the hell is going on in some of these clips shown here. I am so looking forward to seeing what they'll do with all of this. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 5

I wonder if they will pull the first season off Netflix, or leave it there for a while (since they bought the rights to it, for a certain amount of time, in order to stream it).  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Anela said:

I wonder if they will pull the first season off Netflix, or leave it there for a while (since they bought the rights to it, for a certain amount of time, in order to stream it).  

Most likely, Netflix got them into a contract that lasts for X amount of years. So once it airs on Paramount+, the finished season will eventually still go to Netflix.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Most likely, Netflix got them into a contract that lasts for X amount of years. So once it airs on Paramount+, the finished season will eventually still go to Netflix.

Oh, okay. Maybe I'll just wait for it to appear on Netflix. :)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Good! I have had Netflix for years so will see it then!

• Love 3