Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Evil

• Start Topic

As ‘Evil’ Moves to Paramount Plus, Creators Robert and Michelle King Give Season 2 a More Sinful Spin

This article contains some spoilers about plots for the upcoming 13 episode Season 2.

Moving to Paramount Plus means that the show’s sexual undercurrents can be less subtextual, they can swear, and they’re not, as Robert King puts it, “bound into that 42-minute straitjacket.” The Kings were in the middle of editing Episode 5 when they got the Paramount Plus news, so they’ve re-added scenes they’d cut from the first episodes because of length - and also edited in things “to do with language and sexuality,” Robert King says. Michelle King says: “It’s been tough to do sin with network standards” .

• Useful 2

@Machiabelly I don't know but I'm assuming not. Those streaming deals are usually exclusive.

Crave maybe? Rogers somehow manages to buy rights to a lot of streaming shows for that platform.

Shame really- I liked it but not enough to go chasing it down somewhere.

• Love 2

Evil to Take a Break This Summer — Find Out When Season 2 Will Return

Paramount+’s supernatural drama will pause for a four-week, midseason break at the end of July, the streaming service announced Friday.

Episode 6 of the current season will begin streaming on Sunday, July 25, as usual. But after that, Season 2 will go on hold until Aug. 29, when Episode 7 will kick off the second half of Season 2. All told, Season 2 will consist of 13 episodes.

Hmmm… a hiatus on a streaming service? Maximising subscription’s revenue??? 🙄

• Love 4

What weird mixed message, renewed>hiatus! I hope it's not one of those shows that's give a take backsie. I hope that's more about getting the show into a cycle of airing in the fall/Halloween marketing.

Wasn't sure where to put  this but I strongly recommend if you can, to check out Katja Herbers new to American Dutch film The Columnist, it is very much in the arch horror / serious issue vein of Evil and at one point both Herbers and the actress who plays her daughter use a nervous tick that Herbers has also used for Kristen, where she cycles each finger touching her thumb. I loved the movie but certainly it could be divisive, and shares a lot of the same ground with last years much bigger Oscar nominated Promising Young Woman, but I think that film lacked the courage of this one's convictions and was both tonally/morally muddled. This one keeps it simple, and lets the cheerfully malicious revenge story play out to fully campy surreal effect.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Evil to Take a Break This Summer — Find Out When Season 2 Will Return

Paramount+’s supernatural drama will pause for a four-week, midseason break at the end of July, the streaming service announced Friday.

Episode 6 of the current season will begin streaming on Sunday, July 25, as usual. But after that, Season 2 will go on hold until Aug. 29, when Episode 7 will kick off the second half of Season 2. All told, Season 2 will consist of 13 episodes.

Hmmm… a hiatus on a streaming service? Maximising subscription’s revenue??? 🙄

Damn, that bugs me. Those of us who got the 99c a month option, for two months, will lose that before it starts up again. They should have just waited to start it up in September or October. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, blixie said:

What weird mixed message, renewed>hiatus! I hope it's not one of those shows that's give a take backsie. I hope that's more about getting the show into a cycle of airing in the fall/Halloween marketing.

Wasn't sure where to put  this but I strongly recommend if you can, to check out Katja Herbers new to American Dutch film The Columnist, it is very much in the arch horror / serious issue vein of Evil and at one point both Herbers and the actress who plays her daughter use a nervous tick that Herbers has also used for Kristen, where she cycles each finger touching her thumb. I loved the movie but certainly it could be divisive, and shares a lot of the same ground with last years much bigger Oscar nominated Promising Young Woman, but I think that film lacked the courage of this one's convictions and was both tonally/morally muddled. This one keeps it simple, and lets the cheerfully malicious revenge story play out to fully campy surreal effect.

I’m betting it’s an editing issue. When they found out they were going streaming, they went back and added a scene to at least one of the first five episodes.  I think they said they originally cut it because they knew it wouldn’t get past the CBS censors. Plus Katja gave editing as the reason when someone asked Paramount+ to make all the episodes available. 

I started watching The Good Wife late, so I’ll either keep it for that or do what I usually do and cancel temporarily. 

I second watching The Columnist. It was interesting. Katja was great, and it had funny bits mixed in.  I liked it more than Promising Young Woman too. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 3

Hiatus is probably so they can add more "fucks." Can we hope for frontal nudity? ;-)

Yeah, the hiatus is a PITA. We broke down and got Paramount+ specifically for Evil...though we'll watch some of the other shows, too.

I'm FB friends with a writer on the show, and he said that the writers' room in this show is FUN and no idea is considered too out there.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

Yeah, the hiatus is a PITA. We broke down and got Paramount+ specifically for Evil...though we'll watch some of the other shows, too.

If you are looking for recommendations “Why Women Kill” is a fun show.    If you liked Desperate Housewives it’s by the same  showrunner and has the same feel.     The Stand Remake got extremely mixed reviews but I thought it was…..ok.   Still if you want to get your moneys worth and are not a Trek person you should at least give it a shot.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

If you are looking for recommendations “Why Women Kill” is a fun show.    If you liked Desperate Housewives it’s by the same  showrunner and has the same feel.     The Stand Remake got extremely mixed reviews but I thought it was…..ok.   Still if you want to get your moneys worth and are not a Trek person you should at least give it a shot.  

The longer I watched The Stand, the more I wondered why I was watching at all. Also, certain parts, like New Vegas, felt too close to other things going on, than they did when the last miniseries came out. 

(edited)

Pluto TV has added a paramount + channel, and Evil is currently on (gone 2am Eastern time).  It has ads, but it’s an option if you don’t have Netflix, and can find it when it’s on.  The first season, that is.  

Edited by Anela
  • Useful 1

There is supposedly one more episode C Is For Cop before a 4 week hiatus.  Not sure why a streaming service even a weekly one is doing a hiatus.  Maybe the Olympics or maybe CBS is still stuck in a half and half mode even for pay services.  

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

There is supposedly one more episode C Is For Cop before a 4 week hiatus.  Not sure why a streaming service even a weekly one is doing a hiatus.  Maybe the Olympics or maybe CBS is still stuck in a half and half mode even for pay services.  

Katja Herbers has been telling people they need time to edit. They probably should’ve just delayed the start of the season. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Useful 2

I was watching an old episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation last night and who do I see playing a doctor in a scene but Aasif Mandvi looking very young.  I knew I'd seen him before but kept forgetting to look him up.  

• Love 2

That's a good interview. I love the idea of exploring Hindu, Muslim, and Buddhist stories more in horror - I agree that there's bound to be a lot of untapped potential for some really good horror stories there, and I'm glad that this show touches on that some here and there. I'd be all for exploring those kinds of stories more, both in relation to Ben's character and in general, on this show. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LADreamr said:

Wow, Peter Scolari passed away.  Didn't realize he was sick. :(

Neither did I. 

He was great on this show. I loved how his character played off of and interacted with the team. Very sad to hear this news. 

Peter Scolari Remembered by Evil Co-Creator as 'Wonderful, One of the Funniest Actors We've Worked With'

Evil co-creator Robert King says that the late Peter Scolari was a veritable godsend in his recurring role as Bishop Thomas Marx.

In a series of tweets, King remembered Scolari as “one of the funniest — sneakily funny — actors we’ve worked with. He always took a nothing scene and found different ways to twist it, and throw in odd pauses that made it jump. I will try to collect my thoughts more. He was just wonderful.

18FEC8C7-67D4-4991-A6CB-C483F3D7D405.png

• Love 2

The seventh episode of Season 2, “S Is for Silence” finds Kristen, David and Ben investigating a corpse that doesn’t seem to be decaying, at a monastery where talking is strictly forbidden. This was a a self-contained episode so there shouldn't be any problem watching it without being spoiled, if you haven't watched any other Season 2 episodes. 

• Love 1

Not exactly media, but I wanted to mention I was at an event the other night where Michael Emerson and Carrie Preston were guests. I got to tell Emerson how much we liked the second season and thought they did some stuff they couldn't have gotten away with on broadcast TV. Told him they were the reason we subscribed to Paramount+. He thanked me sincerely, and asked what I liked better about this season, and I told him that I thought the voice and tone (both horror and humor) were stronger than ever. He liked that.

• Love 9

Emerson is good friends with one of our company members, and has come to see several of our shows, and even did a voiceover for one of them! (Playing a villain, of course!)

Edited by kwnyc
Spelling!
  • Love 2

The show's up for a few Critics' Choice Awards!

DRAMA SERIES
Evil (Paramount+)

For All Mankind (Apple TV+)
The Good Fight (Paramount+)
Pose (FX)
Squid Game (Netflix)
Succession (HBO)
This Is Us (NBC)
Yellowjackets (Showtime)

ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Sterling K. Brown – This Is Us (NBC)
Mike Colter – Evil (Paramount+)
Brian Cox – Succession (HBO)
Lee Jung-jae – Squid Game (Netflix)
Billy Porter – Pose (FX)
Jeremy Strong – Succession (HBO)

ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Uzo Aduba – In Treatment (HBO)
Chiara Aurelia – Cruel Summer (Freeform)
Christine Baranski – The Good Fight (Paramount+)
Katja Herbers – Evil (Paramount+)
Melanie Lynskey – Yellowjackets (Showtime)
MJ Rodriguez – Pose (FX)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Andrea Martin – Evil (Paramount+)

Audra McDonald – The Good Fight (Paramount+)
Christine Lahti – Evil (Paramount+)
J. Smith-Cameron – Succession (HBO)
Sarah Snook – Succession (HBO)
Susan Kelechi Watson – This Is Us (NBC)

https://tvline.com/2021/12/06/critics-choice-awards-nominations-2022-succession-evil-mare-of-easttown/

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3

The move to Paramount+ love it or hate it proves to be a good move for Evil because it allows for storylines and the kind of acting only allowed on the “bolder” networks like FX and AMC.     Evil is a fun show and more then likely going to pull in a lot  of awards and be the crowning achievement for a streaming service so far known for collecting Trek,  

• Love 2

I like how you feel the need to watch even their trailers multiple times to figure out just what the hell is going on XD. Excellent choice of song for this trailer, too. 

And I love the posters! Can't wait for June 12th!

😈😈😈😈😈

Evil Season 2: CBS Releases Deleted Scenes for DVD Release (Exclusive)

SCENE 1

This scene shows Ben describing to his associated Kristen and David the demonic threat located in a hallway with its name derived from the sound it makes clattering along the hallway. Kristen, dumbfounded, throws them a few drinks. A knocking at the door reveals her mother, Sheryl as Kristen thanks her for looking after her kids before being introduced to David and Ben. Sheryl jokingly calls them "Ghostbusters" with Ben calling himself, "Bill Murray" and David, "Ernie Hudson".

After Sheryl leaves, Kristen reveals that her mother and Leland broke up before Ben gags rhetorically asking if he's drinking what she handed him. Kristen assured him that he'll get used to it before Ben reveals what Vanessa told him about the "game".

SCENE 2

It is a dinner scene between Leland and Sheryl that Leland served. Naturally as suspicious as she is curious, Sheryl asks why she has him over after what happened between them. He proposes mutual partnership inviting her to his inner circle of "influencers" in a weird olive branch. Asking how it benefits her, Leland proposes that she's also an influencer who can take advantage of the situation before she spots an eyeball in her soup. Leland reclaims the eye before revealing where it came from in the form of the goat demon he killed to cook its remains.

SOURCE

• Love 2

Was wondering when the second season would be out on DVD. Good to find out it's out now - just ordered a copy :)!

LOL at Ben in that first clip. "Why am I drinking this? Why do you keep giving these to me?" 

As for the second clip, Sheryl and Leland really do have the strangest conversations, don't they :p? 

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Evil Season 2: CBS Releases Deleted Scenes

Ooh, I’m so excited for season 3, I can barely contain myself (I know... sad.) I just hope it starts with that kiss being false, even if it means yet another dream sequence. I don’t like dream reveals but I do not want these two paired off at this point. Actually David shouldn’t be paired with anyone. How is he going to be a priest when he can’t keep his hands off the women in his life! His old flame, now Kristen. Next he’ll be romancing Sister Andrea.

Thanks for the clips. Good to see the gang again. 

Edited by ferjy
  • Wink 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2