Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Stranger Love in Paradise

• Start Topic

Elizabeth needs to always wear a sun hat and stay out of the sun as much as possible.  

Ok Iris is starting to get on my nerves, the way she constantly runs her mouth.  I guess it's nervous energy from not having been laid.  Keith is trying to be patient but I don't know how much more of her chattering he can take.

Amber seems to have calmed down a bit after having sex with Matt.

Deonna is trying to give Greg a hard time, I guess her version of playing hard to get.  I fear it might come back to bite her in the ass and Greg might bail if she doesn't loosen up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

I have never seen a fanny pack paired with a bikini.

I haven't either but she kind of made it work. I don't love her personality-wise but i think she's stunning.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Elizabeth needs to always wear a sun hat and stay out of the sun as much as possible.  

Ok Iris is starting to get on my nerves, the way she constantly runs her mouth.  I guess it's nervous energy from not having been laid.  Keith is trying to be patient but I don't know how much more of her chattering he can take.

Amber seems to have calmed down a bit after having sex with Matt.

Deonna is trying to give Greg a hard time, I guess her version of playing hard to get.  I fear it might come back to bite her in the ass and Greg might bail if she doesn't loosen up.

I agree with everything.  So Iris is a Virgin.  Enough already.  Maybe if she gets some, she’ll calm down.  I don’t care for Deonna much.  She’s a tight ass and doesn’t look like much fun.  I’m liking Elizabeth.

• Love 7

I have a feeling that for the next eight to ten weeks, all we are going to hear about is Iris' virginity.  I got a chuckle out of the other husbands laughing and thanking their lucky stars that they don't have to deal with the issue.  I think the experts did Keith a disservice. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
(edited)

Dr. Vivianna is awful in her talking heads. It’s like she seeing the script for the very first time.

ETA:  OK I get it that Amber is shorter than Matt but in my humble opinion 5 foot two is kind of average height.  She’s not particularly short.  I admit this might be my own pet peeve because I’m 5 feet tall and I don’t consider myself particularly short.

Edited by PityFree
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I don’t care for Deonna much.  She’s a tight ass and doesn’t look like much fun.  I’m liking Elizabeth.

I'm exactly the opposite. I like Deonna and I hope she and Greg make it work. I can't stand Elizabeth and I hate that we share a first name.

I wonder if Matt can begin a sentence without “I’m not gonna lie”. 

Or if Iris can complete a sentence without using the word "like."

Edited by Elizzikra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

I don't know how much longer Keith is going to be able to listen to Iris' jibber jabber.  I have a feeling there are hundreds of young ladies across the U.S. wishing they were on the honeymoon with Keith, instead. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

I only saw a bit of Unfiltered. Was Iris any calmer then?

When answering, she spoke fast & was a bit wordy, so about the same; guess it's just her.

Buckle up, Keith.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Nice to see the couples enjoying their honeymoons this season! Even Beth and Jamie's spat didn't last long. (It was very stupid, though.)

I really like Iris' high spirits and energy but Beth still gets on my nerves a bit. Not sure why I respond so differently because neither takes a breath while speaking. I may be holding a grudge against Beth because of her enmeshed relationship with her dumb dad.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, PityFree said:

When the show first introduced Greg I thought he was kind of average looking, but he gets cuter each show because of his personality.

I think Greg does get cuter.  Plus, he looks like he works out.   Deonna needs to loosen up.

• Love 13
(edited)

The African-American couples have gotten quite a tan, especially Deonna.  They appear to be three shades darker, while the Caucasian couples look red or the same.  Not fair. (lol)

I believe what Keith told Iris is basically they don't have to have sex, but they can do other things. 

Greg is too cute.  Those eyes.  Deonna seemed to be having fun. 

After they made love, Amber didn't seem quite as excited.  I believe it's one of two things: she is either disappointed or she's calmer now that she has gotten laid. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

He had been engaged before.

No wonder she made that face. Lol. But hopefully she’s understanding and it doesn’t make her go into her shell. I like Deonna although I see a lot of people don’t. I think she’s been clear about needing time and she seemed a lot more relaxed with Greg in this episode. And Greg is my favorite. And Keith. Iris 😬 she’s okay I guess. 

This episode was skimpy on Amber and Matt.

• Love 3
(edited)

I totally understood Big Red's feelings about Jamie's going to lunch without her! A honeymoon means romance,  and romance connotes all that Courtly Love stuff,  and if that means Sir Jamie the Bald has to postpone sating his hunger because he is looking for his Lady,  then by gum,  lunch can wait! And no,  it does NOT work vice-versa! 😝

And can somebody please get Elizabeth a bathing suit with some ruching for her stomach and some lift for her butt? 

Iris needs to drop a particular topic. She and Keith look like stars. Didn't care for the activity, as sting-rays can kill.

Amber and Matt seem to be getting along very well! I think both of them being into physical fitness will be a long-lasting bond. 

Deonna and Greg are progressing. Wonder what he thought when he met Iris,  though,  heh.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Didn't care for the activity, as sting-rays can kill.

Dionna and Greg are progressing. Wonder what he thought when he met Iris,  though,  heh.

Those weren't stingrays, I don't think. Manta rays.

Greg said he appreciated Deonna's curvy shape, so maybe whippet Iris isn't his taste?

I'm going to try not to harp on this all season, but Iris looked so pretty with her hair up in a braid while she was swimming, and in her headscarf at dinner, and wearing glasses, and even sporting a fanny pack/bikini combo! So photogenic.

• Love 8

I don’t know.  I have a feeling about Iris & Keith.  He’s low key and she’s very hyper.  I just hope the Virgin stuff is finished.  After a nice day together, a little petting could be nice for a start.  She is 27 after all and the atmosphere is very romantic.

If Gregg didn’t want to zip line, that’s o.k.  My husband wouldn’t go on a rollercoaster when we were dating, but jumped out of a plane in the Army.  Go figure.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

Wet,  bald, and naked Jamie is like an albino seal. 😮

Regarding the previews:

One word,  Elizabeth: Dramamine!

Two words, Jamie: Metal detector!

Matt, 10 weeks away... um, WHAT?! Homey don't play that game!

Greg: In your next relationship, feel free not to mention either your fiancee or your 8-week wife! 😄

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 10
(edited)
24 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Thinking Jamie lunching without Big Red Chardonnay may be producer driven....to stir shit.

Have a Snickers, Jamie.....

Edited by Gem 10
Wrong Jamie
  • Love 2

I want to like Deonna, but she acts like Greg captured her and made her his wife, instead of a person who willingly agreed to be married to a stranger. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I haven't either but she kind of made it work. I don't love her personality-wise but i think she's stunning.

1 hour ago, Mercolleen said:

Liz can stop talking about "swan diving in the sand" now.

16 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Those weren't stingrays, I don't think. Manta rays.

Greg said he appreciated Deonna's curvy shape, so maybe whippet Iris isn't his taste?

I'm going to try not to harp on this all season, but Iris looked so pretty with her hair up in a braid while she was swimming, and in her headscarf at dinner, and wearing glasses, and even sporting a fanny pack/bikini combo! So photogenic.

6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

While I think all the couples are reasonably attractive, I don't think that Iris and Keith are "the most gorgeous couple."

Iris and Keith are quite attractive but someone mentioned there is something a little old ladyish about Iris and now I can’t get that out of my head. She can come off a tiny bit dorky. Keith has a nice personality and is even finer than I remember.

I’m feeling Elizabeth more than I thought I would. I was shocked that they handled their little argument so maturely.

Deonna’s dry sense of humor does not always translate well on tv.

This might have been the most pleasant episode of this show I’ve ever seen and I’ve watched since season 1.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I want to like Deonna, but she acts like Greg captured her and made her his wife, instead of a person who willingly agreed to be married to a stranger. 

Yep, and I feel like she talks down to him in a way or thinks she’s better than him.  Just my opinion.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Iris and Keith are quite attractive but someone mentioned there is something a little old ladyish about Iris and now I can’t get that out of my head. She can come off a tiny bit dorky. Keith has a nice personality and is even finer than I remember.

I'm the one who mentioned old lady Iris, lol.  Keith has a nice personality and a nice face, but I hate the haircut.  I know it's the style with some young men but I am not a fan.  I'm old. 

Elizabeth might wanna practice some squats.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Deonna and Greg are progressing. Wonder what he thought when he met Iris,  though,  heh.

I'd think he thought Iris was stunning. I feel kind of bad saying this but at first I thought Greg was pretty homely. Deonna is cute and shapely but she is no Iris. However, I agree that he gets cuter each week. He is such a doll and is smart, kind, and respectful of his wife. He has a nice body. Plus, he is smitten. I hope Deonna can let her walls down and realize Greg's a keeper. He seems all in.

• Love 18

Unfiltered: JamieO, Iris, Jamie, Dr. Pepper

Not liking Iris’ beaded neck accessory, her first fashion misstep.

Jamie looked like he dressed in the dark...greyish pants with black V neck T-shirt, blue plaid sports coat, pink pocket square and the worst color of shoes to complete the train wreck of an ensemble...I get to make fun of it every time he’s on Unfiltered this season.

This season’s Unflitereds are a bore.

The panels have nothing interesting to say.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I'm the one who mentioned old lady Iris, lol.  Keith has a nice personality and a nice face, but I hate the haircut.  I know it's the style with some young men but I am not a fan.  I'm old. 

Elizabeth might wanna practice some squats.

I'm old too, but lordy Keith is fine! *fans myself. I loved Iris's blue headscarf but did not like that white top where the outline of the bra is visible.

Hate all of Matt's tatts! Amber really does enjoy fitness! Not my idea of a fun morning.

Oh and Dramamine does not always work. My husband gets terribly motion sick on boats and even large cruise ships. Dramamine did not work.

• Love 8

I might watch a show in which Greg and Keith hang out. So far they’re the only two who haven’t been annoying, imo. Although, Greg, around this site, it’s been told that G-d is in the tub. You’re on your own and doing fine. Until we see the 10-year-no-romo react to an old fiancée, that is.

• Love 5

I like that Keith called Iris out for saying “sexual intercourse, sexual intercourse” like she was talking about a Pap smear or a prostate exam. And she was very reluctant to tell him she’s done ‘other things.’ Keith had to drag it out of her. I wonder if Iris considers sex dirty or shameful. She will shout about her virginity from the rooftops. But she’s reluctant to admit that she’s a sexual person.

—they still seem like the happiest couple to me. And Keith is left handed!

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Deonna revealed that she’s an introvert, which helps me understand her better. Reality TV must be a bitch for introverts like her and Matt. Although Keith seems to be handling it okay.

Deonna is growing on me now that I realize she must get uncomfortable sometimes being in front of the camera, and she gets a little snippy with Greg. Which begs the question, again, why the hell is she on this show? She must have really trusted those experts to find her the love of her life.

I liked Greg and Deonna’s excursion. I’m like Greg—really scared of heights. I admire him for doing the zip lines despite his fear. 

2 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Liz can stop talking about "swan diving in the sand" now.

I know, right? LOL. But Big Red was calmer this week. And I like her with less makeup, too. 

Does she really want to go swimming with the sharks while she’s on her period? Is she trying to get eaten? 

30 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Hate all of Matt's tatts! Amber really does enjoy fitness! Not my idea of a fun morning.

I liked the two of them initially, but now they’re starting to bore me as a couple. Something tells me Amber and Matt have absolutely nothing to talk about—except for sports and fitness. Which could be why they’re having so much sex. They’re trying to minimize the number of awkward silences. 

• Love 9

I think Deonna has a point on the compliments. Someone who doesn't know you giving a ton of compliments can come across as insincere. It seemed more like she wants them when she knows the intent behind them is genuine versus an empty statement that someone feels they have to say. 

• Love 15