Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Stranger Love in Paradise

• Start Topic

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

What is Amber’s backstory as far as relationships? I don’t remember if we ever knew. I’m not sure I know Elizabeth’s either although I can imagine several reasons why her relationships would go south. 

Amber or her sister said something about handing over her paychecks to her last boyfriend or something. I thought that was quite bizarre. I can't remember much else about that conversation. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Useful 1

If Jamie said that Big Red is prissy,  perhaps he meant in regards to activities we are not privy to. Wink,  wink,  nudge,  nudge!

I think that Matt the Tall is into Amber the Short, because having common interests is major.  And considering two of Amber's are fitness and Matt,...! 😉 Plus,  he talks a good "I'm a lucky guy" game,  so I hope he's not a big ole Liar McLiarson!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Amber or her sister said something about handing over her paychecks to her last boyfriend or something. I thought that was quite bizarre. I can't remember much else about that conversation. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Now I remember. Thanks. Sounds like she was being taken advantage of by that boyfriend. That makes me wonder if she’s grown a backbone or if the previews for next week where she tells Matt something would be a dealbreaker are edited to look like something they’re not. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I wonder why Greg didn’t comment to Deonna that getting pooped on by a bird is considered good luck?  Actually I’ll bet he did and the editors cut it out. 

Maybe he just doesn't know that old saying?  I have a high forehead and got it pooped on twice, so I empathized with Deonna.  😭

• Love 2
5 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Even the scene of them in the tub when Elizabeth was going on about how attracted she is to him, the way he was kissing her looked like cardboard or a transaction. 

Yes! Their kissing is so awkward.  I especially noticed it in the tub scene. I blame him. I think he's an amateur kisser. 😘😘

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Amber is cute but I’m just gonna say it, her face reminds me of John Travolta!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Deonna said she hasn’t dated for ten years.  Maybe nobody asked her ????.

A decent interviewer might be expensive is right.  Production skimps on many things I’ve noticed.  I don’t know why .. the show is popular.

She said she hasn't been in a relationship in ten years. It's possible to go on plenty of dates that don't lead to a relationship.

Interestingly enough, it took me nine years to enter another official relationship after I broke up with my boyfriend freshman year in college. Even so, it didn't take much more than existing to stumble upon some guy who would buy me dinner. And, while I had moments of being quite charming and cleaning up nicely, I wasn't any better looking or nicer than Deonna appears to be.

So if Deonna really hasn't been on a date in a decade, I'd assume it's because she wasn't open to spending even a few hours with a guy rather than that no guy was attracted to her or interested in going on a date or two with her. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, boobtube said:

Amber is cute but I’m just gonna say it, her face reminds me of John Travolta!

Someone on Reddit pointed out that Amber is the true embodiment of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and now that’s all I think about when she launches into questions about Matt’s babies or his soft lips or other wide-eyed stalker proclamations. The experts need to stage an intervention.

Speaking of Unfiltered, Iris said that watching their MAFS wedding was the first time she realized Keith’s mother had blabbed about her virginity. JaimeO was adamant that she would not have been okay with her husband saying he didn’t know and acting surprised. Iris admitted it bothered her because it took away her chance to see what Keith really thought because he already had a well-crafted response planned. I kind of agree with Iris and Jaime on this. Keith is too smooth and calculated with his responses in general. He’s used to schmoozing women to cultivate a false sense of intimacy and I don’t think one can operate that way in a marriage.

When JaimeO was teasing Elizabeth about kissing/making out with husbandJaime so quickly, Liz admitted she had made out with a lot more strangers than Jaime, so the whole thing didn’t seem that awkward to her. Keith agreed. JaimeO tried to act fake appalled like she would never - which, we’ve seen her on The Bachelor so nobody’s buying it.

Edited by lids
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Now I remember. Thanks. Sounds like she was being taken advantage of by that boyfriend. That makes me wonder if she’s grown a backbone or if the previews for next week where she tells Matt something would be a dealbreaker are edited to look like something they’re not. 

At the breakfast the first day with his friends, Amber mentioned men in the past not being in the same place as she was re commitment or something like that.  She said a MAFS man would (presumably) want to be married.

He talked about playing basketball again, it seems, and she said that that kind of traveling would be a dealbreaker.  I think. 

Amber isn’t evil or malicious or anything but her fan stance is kind of unusual. I can’t figure out if he really likes her or if she’s in her own private Idaho with this.  I hope that what previews show her crying about has to do with one of his relatives and not a new boo.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, lids said:

Someone on Reddit pointed out that Amber is the true embodiment of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and now that’s all I think about when she launches into questions about Matt’s babies or his soft lips or other wide-eyed stalker proclamations. The experts need to stage an intervention.

Speaking of Unfiltered, Iris said that watching their MAFS wedding was the first time she realized Keith’s mother had blabbed about her virginity. JaimeO was adamant that she would not have been okay with her husband saying he didn’t know and acting surprised. Iris admitted it bothered her because it took away her chance to see what Keith really thought because he already had a well-crafted response planned. I kind of agree with Iris and Jaime on this. Keith is too smooth and calculated with his responses in general. He’s used to schmoozing women to cultivate a false sense of intimacy and I don’t think one can operate that way in a marriage.

When JaimeO was teasing Elizabeth about kissing/making out with husbandJaime so quickly, Liz admitted she had made out with a lot more strangers than Jaime, so the whole thing didn’t seem that awkward to her. Keith agreed. JaimeO tried to act fake appalled like she would never - which, we’ve seen her on The Bachelor so nobody’s buying it.

There Jamie goes again.  Just ask the question, then shut up.  She just can’t keep a lid on it.  Has to be the center of attention at all times.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lids said:

Speaking of Unfiltered, Iris said that watching their MAFS wedding was the first time she realized Keith’s mother had blabbed about her virginity. JaimeO was adamant that she would not have been okay with her husband saying he didn’t know and acting surprised. Iris admitted it bothered her because it took away her chance to see what Keith really thought.

Jaime needs to stfu because Keith didn’t say he didn’t know. In all fairness, when Iris broke her news, he simply asked, “for real?”  Which to me meant that even though his mom told him, he still needed confirmation from Iris. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Hmmm... I wonder if the show played Iris by having her tell her MIL so she could tell Keith, or they're all playing us by pretending this is how it went down. Either way it sucks. And if Keith knew & Iris didn't know he knew, then just playing along is a form of deception as well.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5

I don't know if it was producer driven, but I blame Iris for telling the MIL that she was a virgin because she should have known that MIL would tell her son.  I don't blame Keith at all for not saying "yeah, my mom told me you were a virgin." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

So I'm the "Crazy Bird Lady," and I like to think I know a little bit about birds, their habits, and how smart they are. One think I know for sure is that, while birds can't just "hold it" till they get back in their cages, they do have enough control to avoid pooping on someone they like, or to deliberately target someone they don't like

We have an outside feeder & I find 'presents' on my car when it gets empty LOL.

5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I don't know if it was producer driven, but I blame Iris for telling the MIL that she was a virgin because she should have known that MIL would tell her son.  I don't blame Keith at all for not saying "yeah, my mom told me you were a virgin." 

If she did that yeah for sure. But the whole thing was weird right?  Who tells their future MIL, who they don't know at all, that they're a virgin when the future total stranger husband doesn't even know?  And the whole focus on the white dress when it's common ... Iris also didn't seem very upset about finding out Keith already knew.  I'm calling total BS & they're all in on it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, configdotsys said:

When someone is legit afraid to do something, sensitive and supportive encouragement is what you do and then if the person still does not want to give it a go, you do not hold it against them, make comments or put them down. I don't understand this idea that some people have that because their spouse/partner enjoys X activity that the other person must enjoy it too. I thought Deonna could have come up with something a little more nice than "You can't chicken out. You can't chicken out."

It's all a matter of how you see the people on the show. I found Jasmine to be incredibly insensitive to Will on many occasions. That turned him off early and she lost him. He wasn't interested. And she just got pissier and pissier the more she tried to "flip his switch" and it didn't work. 

Iris is too on for me. 

When Greg was rubbing Deonna's shoulders, she looked disinterested and almost irritated. Poor Greg.

Deonna also told Greg that if he didn't want to do it then he didn't have to.

Also Will was terrible to Jasmine on numerous occasions including lying to her face multiple times. But since Will was basic and mediocre he gets a pass. 

It is your opinion that Deonna was disinterested, she never said anything on the matter. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lids said:

Perhaps if Matt wasn't clearly hiding something, she wouldn't have to ask so many questions. 

• Love 1

This is an unpopular opinion, but I kind of like that JaimeO interjects personal opinions about the situations (as long as she doesn’t go off on a tangent) because it leads the guests to speak more confidently about their opinions. Jaime is kooky and I guess the guests feel like, if she’s going to reveal embarrassing info, my stuff doesn’t sound so bad.

In the case with Iris, Iris was giving her very polished answers until Jaime said how she felt for Iris because she would want her husband to hear it from her. Then Iris started opening up about if she had known Keith had known already she wouldn’t have been as nervous when she told him in the bedroom scene. She even said that after she told him he could have said his mom had mentioned something about it. Finding out from TV is awkward after you just worked 8 weeks on learning to trust the other person.

That whole conversation is what prompted Dr. Pepper to ask her why she told the MIL in the first place. And the way Iris explained how it went down made sense and now I don’t think the producers expected Iris to do that. I think TPTB we’re gearing up for a big reveal with Keith and Iris blurted it out ahead of time because she was nervous and wanted reassurance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Perhaps if Matt wasn't clearly hiding something, she wouldn't have to ask so many questions. 

Oh yeah, her asking questions is fine. It’s just that she delivers her questions and statements with the enthusiasm of this

5D7D6135-A9FF-4FD8-82BD-3855DEA0C5F9.jpeg

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Matt probably sees that settling down in marriage is not all it's cracked up to be. Especially when your wife acts like a giggly 9 year old fangirl.

19 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Amber is an odd one and seems to lack overall maturity. She’s always wanted to be with a basketball player but she seems to forget there’s a lot of travel involved with that. She can’t have it both ways. Matt is hard to read. He doesn’t seem to be too heavily invested yet.  

4 hours ago, lids said:

4 hours ago, Kareem said:

Amber isn’t evil or malicious or anything but her fan stance is kind of unusual. I can’t figure out if he really likes her or if she’s in her own private Idaho with this.  I hope that what previews show her crying about has to do with one of his relatives and not a new boo.

24 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I don’t get the impression that Matt is hiding anything per se. I don’t really get much of an impression from him at all, which is the problem. He had more to say about Iris’ virginity than almost anything else. It’s unclear to me whether he’s been genuine about his reason for not inviting any of his family members to the wedding. I’m not sure how to read this guy at this point but I do know that he was uncomfortable with all that baby talk.

And I’m pretty sure Amber was aware of it and kept bringing it up anyway because she thinks it’s cute. She’s an open book as far as how into him she is and that’s fine, but it’s coming across as stalkery, immature, fangirlish behavior. I don’t dislike her but she made me cringe several times during the wedding with all her loud talk about making out with her stranger husband. Same way Shawneice did with the lap dance she gave Jephte at their wedding. I’m not sure that Matt is really into her beyond getting his wick dipped for a few weeks. But again, he’s hard to read so it might work out. 

• Love 8
On 7/4/2019 at 6:32 AM, OnTime said:

Gosh, she really needs some sunscreen. Get her some SPF 50.

She shouldn't even be out in the sun without a hat, coverup, sunblock, with that uber white, can't-tan, skin. Of course, the next day she has a terrible sunburn. Girl....

• Love 9
On 7/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Iris needs to drop a particular topic. She and Keith look like stars. Didn't care for the activity, as sting-rays can kill.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:30 PM, 2727 said:

Those weren't stingrays, I don't think. Manta rays.

Okay, that makes me feel better. When Iris had guessed that they were going swimming with stingrays, I was like, 😮 because a stingray was what had taken the Crocodile Hunter out.

On 7/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, Gem 10 said:

Jamie has no talent whatsoever.  They probably pay her very little.

I will give Jamie O this: last season on Unfiltered when she asked Luke questions, she did not handle him with kid gloves. While she didn't go as hard as the guy who had hosted the reunion did, she did not give him a total pass (which she totally could have done). She has my respect for that.

On 7/5/2019 at 12:04 PM, Empress1 said:

My point is that if these are "real, legally binding marriages," as the experts say over and over and OVER, the financial conversations give the marriages more heft. Last season the show rented houses for them and covered the cost, so they were really just playing house and there was no need to have those financial conversations because housing was the only way they joined their finances in previous seasons. Doing a budget grounds the marriages more, and they did that in previous seasons.

I dunno why the show got the cast members AirBnBs last season. It would have only made sense for Jasmine and Will, who both owned their own houses, which aren't that easy to unload for some eight-week experiment. 😏

On 7/5/2019 at 11:18 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

Looks like the posts are more lively than the episode.

Guess we can't have someone arrested on every season. That really is a bad omen.

I can see cops being called in case Jamie and Beth's dad were really to get into it one day...

On 7/6/2019 at 9:11 AM, Soup333 said:

I don’t think Deonna is getting a bad edit but I do like her quite a bit.

I think the preview for this episode made Deonna look-dare I say-uptight and frigid. I'm glad to see that in context of the entire episode, Deonna came off as more reasonable.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I'm glad to see that in context of the entire episode, Deonna came off as more reasonable.

Deonna's adorable.  Also, still getting major Vanessa Huxtable vibes and the tween in me's heart is aflutter. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I dunno why the show got the cast members AirBnBs last season. It would have only made sense for Jasmine and Will, who both owned their own houses, which aren't that easy to unload for some eight-week experiment. 

Oh, I don't think any of them should give up their places, rent or own. I actually think it would be easier for the homeowners to find temporary tenants than the renters because there could be subletter rules in place for the renters, but regardless, they should all keep their places for the duration of the experiment in case things go left. (For Boston Jon, it made sense for him to give up his place because he was unemployed, so that was one less bill he had to worry about.)

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

One word,  Elizabeth: Dramamine!

In her defense...if you don't know you get seasick, you don't know (or think) to take it. Dramamine isn't effective once you've already gotten seasick. 

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I don’t get the impression that Matt is hiding anything per se. I don’t really get much of an impression from him at all, which is the problem. He had more to say about Iris’ virginity than almost anything else. It’s unclear to me whether he’s been genuine about his reason for not inviting any of his family members to the wedding. I’m not sure how to read this guy at this point but I do know that he was uncomfortable with all that baby talk.

So much this. During the guys' meeting, every time one of the grooms made a big revelation, the show would cut to TH Matt, and he'd give an insightful opinion about their situation. He's more open about other people's marriages than his own. 

Because of that, I still can't tell how he really feels about Amber. He basically says that "everything is cool," about everything. Which I just can't believe. They just met 4 days ago and have vowed to be together forever. This isn't a remake of "Before Sunrise"--there's no way everything has been clicking between them from their very first conversation. If that were true, I'd expect them to talk to each other more: more banter, more joking, more "What's your favorite...?" conversations; even more sarcastic digs at each other like Jamie and Big Red. 

Have you ever worked out with a friend or significant other? You tend to talk. Whether it's about how hard/tiring the exercises are, or whether you should've skipped that last glass of wine the night before, or even how hot it is working out on the beach. 

23 hours ago, lids said:

This is an unpopular opinion, but I kind of like that JaimeO interjects personal opinions about the situations (as long as she doesn’t go off on a tangent) because it leads the guests to speak more confidently about their opinions. Jaime is kooky and I guess the guests feel like, if she’s going to reveal embarrassing info, my stuff doesn’t sound so bad.

I like Jamie, too. Sure, she's a little hyper, but her conversations with the spouses are fun and interesting. 

• Love 1
On 7/6/2019 at 6:32 PM, sarkygal said:

Keith - I want to like him, especially because his mom was so lovely. But this show's history in recruiting decent looking men just won't let me trust him.

If Keith turns out to be a player or a liar, I will be floored. I just don't get any slimy, deceptive vibes from him the way I have some grooms on this show. Sure he's quiet, but I don't feel like he's hiding any big secrets. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, topanga said:

If Keith turns out to be a player or a liar, I will be floored.

I'm with you but he's already shown himself to be a good liar when he pretended he didn't already know about Iris' intact hymen. She had no idea and even though I did, his face did not crack.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/8/2019 at 2:52 AM, Soup333 said:

And I’m pretty sure Amber was aware of it and kept bringing it up anyway because she thinks it’s cute. She’s an open book as far as how into him she is and that’s fine, but it’s coming across as stalkery, immature, fangirlish behavior. I don’t dislike her but she made me cringe several times during the wedding with all her loud talk about making out with her stranger husband. Same way Shawneice did with the lap dance she gave Jephte at their wedding. I’m not sure that Matt is really into her beyond getting his wick dipped for a few weeks. But again, he’s hard to read so it might work out. 

I googled him to see what sort of career he had and a court docket popped up for his parents divorce at the time of the wedding his parents had been filing motions back and forth for 9 months including mutual restraining orders and they are still going today. I did not dig and have no intentions to it was just a list of court dates and motion codes but it does make me understand why he didn't tell his parents and it seems to be a very toxic divorce.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

I googled him to see what sort of career he had and a court docket popped up for his parents divorce at the time of the wedding his parents had been filing motions back and forth for 9 months including mutual restraining orders and they are still going today. I did not dig and have no intentions to it was just a list of court dates and motion codes but it does make me understand why he didn't tell his parents and it seems to be a very toxic divorce.

Wow. Well, that makes a lot more sense. They didn’t just amicably split ways. It’s a battle, or at least it was at that time. No wonder he didn’t want to invite them. He probably couldn’t invite both with the restraining orders. It would have turned into him having to choose who he wanted there and then the other parent would have been hurt or angry. Oy. 

• Love 8
On 7/3/2019 at 10:05 AM, humbleopinion said:

Waking up in Antigua, the 4 couples begin their honeymoons exploring the island and/or each other...

On 7/3/2019 at 8:44 PM, Mercolleen said:

Am I in the right place for a live chat? Or am I just the only person watching because everyone else left the house for the 3rd of July?

I thought so too, but apparently lots were home according to 5 pages, lol.

2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Wow. Well, that makes a lot more sense. They didn’t just amicably split ways. It’s a battle, or at least it was at that time. No wonder he didn’t want to invite them. He probably couldn’t invite both with the restraining orders. It would have turned into him having to choose who he wanted there and then the other parent would have been hurt or angry. Oy. 

Yep. If they had restraining orders they probably legally couldn't be in the same place. If the divorce is that toxic, the rest of the family is probably picking sides. I wouldn't want that shit at my wedding either - even if it's to a stranger, a wedding is supposed to be a happy occasion.

It also puts his "they couldn't work it out?" in perspective - I'd guess he meant that if they were going to get divorced, fine, but they didn't have to be so nasty about it and drag everybody along with them. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yep. If they had restraining orders they probably legally couldn't be in the same place. If the divorce is that toxic, the rest of the family is probably picking sides. I wouldn't want that shit at my wedding either - even if it's to a stranger, a wedding is supposed to be a happy occasion.

It also puts his "they couldn't work it out?" in perspective - I'd guess he meant that if they were going to get divorced, fine, but they didn't have to be so nasty about it and drag everybody along with them. 

Oh wow. Sounds like he made the right decision. It seems shady and he is a pretty quiet guy especially in comparison to Amber but the drama of inviting only one parent would have probably caused a lot more drama. 

• Love 2
On 7/4/2019 at 1:20 PM, OnTime said:

They have "AJ" type bodies. 

Probably get winded in the gym but I doubt each other cares.

On 7/4/2019 at 3:48 PM, Jack Sampson said:

Jamie is.  Dude has a muffin top and boobs.  A bald, average looking guy like him needs to be either rich or shredded.

Shoot a text, situation resolved.

I am not an AJ fan, but I think he actually dressed in clothes that fit his dad bod (or maybe I'm repressing some memories of season 8). Aren't muffin tops caused by too-small waistbands? Would a larger shirt offset Jamie's chest issue? These seem like fixable problems!

Does anyone know where Iris's coral/red swimsuit, the one she wore with the fanny pack, is from? I need one that color!

• Love 2

IMO, Elizabeth is a foul-mouthed, loud-mouthed, insecure person. No doubt it is related to her completely unhealthy "relationship" with her father. Most of us would probably behave the same way if we had a creepy father figure like that. It makes me throw up a little in my mouth when I think of the things he said during the breakfast. As one poster has suggested, it's "possible" that his comments and behavior were scripted by the producers. We'll never really know. And then her completely unfiltered comments about her period, and then wanting to swim with a shark. Christ, a shark would swim up to her, take a look, and turn tail and run away.  And that bathtub scene. Oh God, I almost barfed. For Elizabeth, everything is about her, and nobody else. Maybe the "experts" can get her a REAL counselor.

When it comes right down to it, everyone who tries to get on this show lies about something. They all want to be on TV, they don't really want the marriage part that goes along with it. It's the good old '15 minutes of fame' syndrome. 

I think Iris is a complete fake and phony. Yes, she is very attractive physically. But that way she "flaunts" her so-called virginity is absurd. Her mannerisms and facial expression when she told Keith about it in bed on wedding night said more than her words ever could. It was like she was trying out for a part in a play. Yuk. And why would you tell  your new, never-seen-or-met-before mother-in-law that you are a virgin> Good lord, woman. That is something that should have been shared only with your husband.

I think Keith is playing us all. He seems genuine enough, but as somebody has also mentioned, he has lied to Iris, having known already (thanks to his loose-lipped mother) that Iris claims to be a virgin. I guess I missed the part where he has said or indicated he has music aspirations. But again, very few people on this show actually are on it for the reason of a true marriage.

Jamie. Oooof.  Something off with this dude. Maybe that's why the 2 of them get along. He isn't physically or socially attractive, at least not in my eyes. (And I'm one u-g-l-y old lady.) 

Greg. I like him more each episode. So he was previously engaged, big deal. He seems grounded, and he certainly is trying with Cruella DeVille. I hope he doesn't turn out to be shady like the other guys in this year's cast.

Deonna. Oh God, where to start with her. Cold, demeaning, uptight, condescending, can't make up her mind. One day he's giving her too many compliments. The next day he doesn't and she jumps down his throat about not giving her any. Make up  your mind, Deonna. Do you want attention or not. If you're an introvert, then why the hell did you sign up to be on national TV. It's time to start thinking about your husband, and stop telling the world how you haven't been in a relationship for 10 years. We got that point loud and clear after the 1000th time you said it during the first episode.

Amber. Acts like a 13 year old. Has her first 20 kids with Matt already named. Somebody get her some Prozac or whatever the hell the medication is to calm people down.

Matt. At first I really liked him. But I'm definitely changing my tune about him. He's also off somehow. Seems like this year they managed to select people who all had things to hide. Either the producers don't vet properly, or they do, and then they purposely pick the people with the most baggage to be on the show to garner ratings.

OK, I'm done now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, princelina said:

I just got home from a trip and was catching up on the last 2 weeks - I was just at that Pineapple Beach Resort last year!  It was fantastic 😄 

Lucky you.  My husband needs an operation.  He has to get his ass removed from the sofa.  Then, maybe we can go somewhere.

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, princelina said:

I just got home from a trip and was catching up on the last 2 weeks - I was just at that Pineapple Beach Resort last year!  It was fantastic 😄 

It looks absolutely gorgeous, I am always admiring the scenery shots during the show.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Lucky you.  My husband needs an operation.  He has to get his ass removed from the sofa.  Then, maybe we can go somewhere.

Haha mine too!  I went without him 😄 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I just want to thank you all for providing such detailed comments. I missed last week's show and after reading all of these remarks, have no desire to actually see it. I will try to see tonight's show, but in case I fall asleep again, I know I can check back here tomorrow. Thanks!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, princelina said:

Haha mine too!  I went without him 😄 

Haha, the best idea.  A few years ago my girlfriend asked me to go to her time share in Aruba as her husband didnt want to go.  I said “ no” .  I must have been drunk.  🥴Not really.🤪

Edited by Gem 10
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

A few years ago my girlfriend asked me to go to her time share in Aruba as her husband didnt want to go.  I said “ no” .  I must have been drunk.  🥴🤪

Oh no! I always travel with my friends - we call ourselves the ladycationers and all but one of us are married. We just went to London a few months ago. Quite frankly, I have more fun with them than traveling with my husband. Rule of thumb: If someone offers you a free stay in a timeshare, take it!!!! 😛

• Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Oh no! I always travel with my friends - we call ourselves the ladycationers and all but one of us are married. We just went to London a few months ago. Quite frankly, I have more fun with them than traveling with my husband. Rule of thumb: If someone offers you a free stay in a timeshare, take it!!!! 😛

But then I’ll miss the yelling and arguing “read the map”,  where the hell are we?, I’m hungry, where’s the damn bathrooms, I need a nap, where’s the nearest golf course?  Could I survive not hearing all that?  LMAO.  He doesn’t like to fly anymore and likes to travel by car.  Then, when we get home,we’re not talking for like three days, haha.  We’re planning another trip from hell.  Ha!  Pray for me.  You have the right idea.  Good for you.  It’s too late for me as I have a bum back and possibly another spine surgery coming up, but if I had it to do all over again, I would do exactly what you do. 

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

But then I’ll miss the yelling and arguing “read the map”,  where the hell are we?, I’m hungry, where’s the damn bathrooms, I need a nap, where’s the nearest golf course?  Could I survive not hearing all that?  LMAO.  He doesn’t like to fly anymore and likes to travel by car.  Then, when we get home,we’re not talking for like three days, haha.  We’re planning another trip from hell.  Ha!  Pray for me.  You have the right idea.  Good for you.  It’s too late for me as I have a bum back and possibly another spine surgery coming up, but if I had it to do all over again, I would do exactly what you do. 

Ha! Glad it's not just us then that experiences these things! We just got back from Maui with our kids and there's another level of hell. I could have left them at home with their electronics for free.......as their father (my spouse) stated/complained frequently while there.......

• LOL 2
(edited)

Gem responded to this comment by I love Pie:

"I always travel with my friends - we call ourselves the ladycationers and all but one of us are married. ...Quite frankly, I have more fun with them than traveling with my husband." 

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

But then I’ll miss the yelling and arguing “read the map”,  where the hell are we?...Then, when we get home,we’re not talking for like three days, haha. 

...You have the right idea.  Good for you.  It’s too late for me as I have a bum back and possibly another spine surgery coming up, but if I had it to do all over again, I would do exactly what you do. 

Spine surgery... I'm so sorry. Hope you can avoid that.

But I do know what you mean. You can definitely have too much togetherness, even with a long-established spouse that you know loves you -after being together for decades. These MAFS couples who don't have a history together are likely to see that type of arguing as much more important: earth-shattering betrayal or total rejection (or whatever). 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Gem responded to this comment by I love Pie:

"I always travel with my friends - we call ourselves the ladycationers and all but one of us are married. ...Quite frankly, I have more fun with them than traveling with my husband." 

Spine surgery... I'm so sorry. Hope you can avoid that.

But I do know what you mean. You can definitely have too much togetherness, even with a long-established spouse that you know loves you -after being together for decades. These MAFS couples who don't have a history together are likely to see that type of arguing as much more important: earth-shattering betrayal or total rejection (or whatever). 

You are 100% right.  They know nothing yet.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Ha! Glad it's not just us then that experiences these things! We just got back from Maui with our kids and there's another level of hell. I could have left them at home with their electronics for free.......as their father (my spouse) stated/complained frequently while there.......

Yup.  That too.  I really don’t get what men actually like besides sports and t.v.  Our yearly vacation was to Disneyworld.  He went twice.  After that, I made him drop us off at the gate at 9 a.m. and pick us back up at 8 p.m.  Everyone was happy for the remaining years.  We went to other places over the years also, but he could have cared less.  He went for me, but looking back, I wish I would have gone with the girlfriends too.  It’s just a different vibe.   It’s not just you.  All my friend’s husbands would rather be home than any place else, unless there’s golfing, sports, fishing, camping, gambling, etc. on the vacation.

• Love 4