Type keyword(s) to search

NeNe Leakes: "Bloop!"

• Start Topic

I don't mind Nene, the person I really can't with is Cynthia.  I mean Nene was never an international model and did not have the privilege that Cynthia had, as a model.  Now Greg might not be everybody's cup of tea, but at least he's not making out with other women in the club, at least he doesn't have multiple children by different women.  

• Love 5

Lawd. Cynthia.  Bless her heart.  If you're in a conversation with a man and you say hey do you have any kids? and he says any one of these numbers:  5, 6, 7, 8 and you stay in that conversation?  lol!  She wasted all that pretty on him though didn't she?  

• Love 11

I think the "legend" is Kim Kartrashian. There's been something mentioned about that in the gossip rags.

Gold star to cooksdelight.

I honestly don't even know how to feel about this news about Nene leaving. It pains me to see how unlikable she has grown to become, how massive her ego how estranged she has become with a little thing called self-awareness but then ever now and again, I will see rare flashes of the old Nene and be reminded of why I liked her so much to begin with but these instances have been few and far between.  At the end of the day (tm Apollo) I feel it is for the best because she had clearly checked out and didn't want to be on the show anymore. She barely seemed to be a part of the cast last season. 

As for Bryson, has the boy never heard of condoms? Also, who are these girls that are willingly sleeping and procreating with that slack-jacked mouth breathing troglodyte? That boy is not cute and does not seem the least bit charming. They need to learn to love themselves. 

• Love 3

I've never watched Atlanta but, of course have heard of NeNe. Huff Post said she quit, so I guess it's true?

Contract negotiations. I think she asked for a gazillion dollars, and they called her bluff. There are also reports that she wants executive producer control over (her) storylines, which sounds like Nene.

Plus I really believe that NeNe, with all her bluster and comments, has a good core, is a good woman, and a woman who, if you were in a true jam, would step up to help you.

She sure hasn't stepped up to help the kids in the Detroit Public School system. I believe they're truly in a jam.

• Love 10

On both Glee and The New Normal, she was basically NeNe like we see on this show. Remember when she asked the director of Cinderella if she should be her character (or something like that, I don't remember exactly) but whatever it was he gave her the side-eye.

She can do reality TV just fine. She's got the personality for it. But as an actress, she's lacking the training and education needed. She refused to take acting classes, because it might stunt her. She has no idea that she's not going to get the good offers if all she can play is herself.

On the other side, her clothing line is doing well from what I've read, and if she is indeed going into the furniture business, provided she's got good guidance she might do OK. Furniture is tricky. Picking a style that will sell, and that reflects your personality, won't happen overnight. I used to work in the advertising and marketing dept. of one of the largest furniture store chains in the U.S., and I know what the margins are, and how volatile the business is. The stores filed for bankruptcy right after I left. She has tried a couple of co-hosting gigs and she came across as stiff, to me. Not the NeNe I'm used to.

• Love 3

I stopped watching last season but this is sad news for me because I still kept up with the goings on of the show. Without Porsha and now Nene, I can completely cut the chord. None of the rest of those losers are worth my attention, especially Cynthia.

I wish her the best and I will be watching her and Kim's show.

• Love 4

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/30/nene-leakes-real-housewives-of-atlanta-guest-appearance/

So it seems that it might have been a negotiation gone wrong or still ongoing.  I'd like to know what sitcom she's appearing in next fall.  If she's banking on the sitcom, there are no guarantees that it gets picked up beyond season 1.

I think I'd go for all the money I could now, especially since she just bought that huge house.

If she's going into furniture, good luck.  In any kind of economic downturn, the big ticket items are the ones that do not sell.  I worked for a retail chain owned by a corporation that owned lumber yards, furniture stores, and retail stores.  Only the retail stores survived.

• Love 1

But why would she help the school and not say something? It only makes her look like a cheepskate not to have followed through with her pledge. I would want people to know I did my part, instead of having that question hanging over my head all the time.

• Love 1

And yet, that doesn't bother me at all. I just don't care if she gives them the $20,000 or not.

Ok, but I think they care very much. $20,000 would go a long way towards providing basic educational needs for a broken-down inner-city school system. She made a bet with Kenya to prove she's a "rich bitch," used a charity to serve her ego, and then refused to pay up. That says everything about Nene's character. Maybe she's not so rich after all. And she's certainly not a good soul who cares about people.

But why would she help the school and not say something? It only makes her look like a cheepskate not to have followed through with her pledge. I would want people to know I did my part, instead of having that question hanging over my head all the time.

Of course. Plus, if you make the pledge to a charity public, then you make the donation public. There's no reason to donate quietly or anonymously if it was done for reasons of publicity. Unless, of course, it was just a game. Or you're really not a rich bitch....

• Love 5

I've often found that the people who blow the loudest usually don't have anything to blow about. I don't hear Kandi bragging about how much money she has. And I would bet she's got more than all of them put together. Remember the guys in high school who'd brag about which girl they were having sex with? And they weren't having any. NeNe has shown to be all mouth with no substance, so we'll see.

• Love 6

God, I hope Andy and the Bravo execs don't kowtow to Nene's demands and refuse to any terms for even an occasional appearance.  I have hated her and her overinflated ego for quite some time and actually have barely watched the show the past few seasons.  If she's gone for good and Tootie is in, I'm in again, too!

Can someone please tell me what the hell Kim K. is thinking by including Nene in her stupid app?  Besides the Kardashian/Jenner clan, has Kim included any other "celebrity" in her app?  I mean, anyone other than even the Kardashian show peripherals like her friend Jonathan, Khoe's friend Malika, or any of the airheaded "Dash Dolls."  If not, why the hell would Nene be the first outsider (or be an option even if she isn't the first outsider)?  I could be completely off base, but I personally don't see a whole lot of overlap between her and Nene's fanbases.  It's so random and weird to me.

• Love 3

Actually, Nene was not referring to KimK as the "legend" she is working with.  She specifically stated that she was already filming a new sitcom with a known legend and that it would be on primetime TV.  Her collaboration with KimK has already happened.

As for my opinion on her leaving, I do feel it was a good move for her to leave.  Things were getting ugly with the other castmates and only two had other things going on that didn't involve going after Nene.  It was a get Nene season and with her out of the picture, they have no real storyline as the Get Nene WAS their storyline.  That is why Claudia was let go. She had nothing else to offer other than bullying Nene.

• Love 1

What I don't understand is why NeNe would WANT to work with Bravo after the way they set her up to fail? With questionable editing, bringing in Claudia with instructions for her to go after NeNe.... that's what you call a hostile work environment. I don't care how much money they might want to pay me, I'd walk away and leave people asking themselves that question....who'd want to work for those people?

• Love 2

These are assumptions about setting Nene up. If Nene had behaved in a polite manner, they would have been disarmed. Nene sets herself up, sowing hostility wherever she goes. Why do any of them do these shows? No one winds up looking good on them.

And Nene has made it clear that cash is her reason for doing anything. It certainly isn't about serving her muse or artistic satisfaction. She wants prestige and money at any cost.

• Love 3

Nobody would quit a job without securing something else first. Of course Nene stayed on the show. That was her primary source of income. Now that she has another show (or two?), she has more options.

How do you know she quit? I don't know that. I don't believe that.

How do you know she quit? I don't know that. I don't believe that.

I don't know if she did either. I'm just saying Nene is about her money so it doesn't seem strange to me that she would stay on rhoa or keep working with bravo in spite of the environment. Nobody would quit a job unless they had something else lined up (aside from the independently wealthy maybe, which she is not).

What I don't understand is why NeNe would WANT to work with Bravo after the way they set her up to fail? With questionable editing, bringing in Claudia with instructions for her to go after NeNe.... that's what you call a hostile work environment. I don't care how much money they might want to pay me, I'd walk away and leave people asking themselves that question....who'd want to work for those people?

They fired the person responsible for that crap.  Probably why Clawdia is now gone.  It was the main reason, Nene finally said forget it to RHOA as she talked about it constantly on her site.  It wasn't the money that made her quit because she was coming back but the fact that most of the negativity is still present and it would have been one more season of Let's Get Nene" which she didn't want. It was ok to just throw a little shade and still have a little fun but last season was just nasty.

• Love 1

A remake of To Tell The Truth, I loved that show as a kid. With this, NeNe won't have to act so she should be fine.

Here's the thing - Nene isn't that smart. I know "To Tell the Truth" isn't rocket science, but you still have to put on your thinking cap. Or will all the mystery guests be D-list celebs? I wonder if they trial-tested her...

Games shows now a days last a season and are never heard of again. Then, what happens when Betty White dies (she's no spring chicken)? My guess is the real star power behind that show will be Anthony Anderson. If NeNe can align herself with him she might stand to gain a few guest spots on Blackish. Otherwise, I hope she has more on the line up than this gig if she expects to sustain her and her grand kids' lifestyles.

Beyond that, I don't care if she's no longer on RHOA. The show became barely watchable for me seasons ago so I have no fucks to give either way :)

I hate to agree with TT cuz she's pretty nasty, but she kind of said what I did in my earlier post - Nene just isn't quick-witted enough for this! How many times can she ask the contestant: "Are you a rich bitch like me?" (stole that from one of the posters). But they're only doing six episodes, so I guess they can get around it. Plus, game shows tape a whole week's worth in one taping (two days max), so Nene clearly didn't leave RHOA for this. Had to be a power play over money. I'm sure she'll want back in. That new mansion doesn't cool itself.

• Love 2

If she's doing this to strongarm for more money, it may backfire. If Bravo gets the idea that's what she's up to, they may tell her adios and cut her from anything that has already been filmed. She better tread lightly.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yep, the inevitable "it's all a ruse" articles are starting to pop up.

Thanks for the link, bref! I just love it when the folks on this site do their research! Anyway, I clicked a couple times & something came up about Nene possibly transitioning to RHoNJ. Isn't she friendly with some of those ladies? And if she's opening a clothing store in Atlantic City, the logistics would make sense. Any of the other RH franchises could use a ratings boost from Nene; I don't watch them, so I have no idea how she might fit into the storylines. Personally I'm entranced by all of the speculation; like her or not, that's the definition of a star....No matter how much she misbehaves (well, to date anyway) I'm all Brokeback Mountain over here: "I can't quit you, Nene!"

Edited by NowVoyager

Someone did a poll on facebook on if you are sad or glad Nene is leaving.  Here are the results

I'm sad Nene's leaving, RHOA will fail! •   +319

I'm glad Nene's leaving RHOA will succeed! • +120

• Love 1
Nene was the only person in the current cast who had no career outside of RHOA.

She was actually an actress before doing RHOA and was in a few sitcoms and one movie.  The movie was where she was seen by the Bravo producers who asked her to be on RHOA.

• Love 1

I went though several sites and a few did have the names of the sitcoms (mainly on BET) she was on and the name of the movie.  I did mention this before with the name of the movie before but just cannot remember the name now.  they were bit parts but she was indeed pursuing an acting career before going on HWives.  I did this sometime last year so I just don't remember the sites.  I also die imdb which I stumbled on the movie and got Nene's name from that.  Wish I could remember the name.

• Love 1

She was actually an actress before doing RHOA and was in a few sitcoms and one movie.  The movie was where she was seen by the Bravo producers who asked her to be on RHOA.

{{nods}} and she still is an actress, the word I used was career. 

• Love 5

Games shows now a days last a season and are never heard of again. Then, what happens when Betty White dies (she's no spring chicken)? My guess is the real star power behind that show will be Anthony Anderson. If NeNe can align herself with him she might stand to gain a few guest spots on Blackish. Otherwise, I hope she has more on the line up than this gig if she expects to sustain her and her grand kids' lifestyles.

Beyond that, I don't care if she's no longer on RHOA. The show became barely watchable for me seasons ago so I have no fucks to give either way :)

Nene better stay faaaaaar away from Blackish!!!!
  • Love 5

Yep, the inevitable "it's all a ruse" articles are starting to pop up.

This annoys me so much. I want her to gtfo. I hate when people are manipulative and don't mean what they say. If she's bullshitting and trying to get more money and Bravo stupidly lets her have them by the balls (so to speak), I don't want to watch this crap anymore. Time to read a good book instead of wasting my time on this damn show. I just can't with this.

• Love 4

I'm sorry, but if Nene thinks her shit is so hot because she's becoming a part of Kim K.'s app and now this limited revived game show (which requires no acting skills whatsoever!), I can't help but hope that karma bites her in the ass big time so I can laugh and laugh and laugh.

• Love 7

People are asking Bravo to stop posting about her on Facebook. Seriously. They recently put a photo of her with a group of women in a brothel (some singer's music thing, I am not up on my hip hop or rap artists) and so many people were saying she's going back to her roots.